How is adrenaline op?

Comments

  • Adrenaline can be negated by simply not letting the survivors do their objective.

  • So no then. Got it.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/367966#Comment_367966

    I re-read the thread, but I can't seem to find how your comment is relevant to whether or not Adrenaline is OP.

    @Orion you can completely counter Adrenaline by just killing survivors before 5 gens pop, easy.

  • @IamFran said:

    It's unfair against Freddy because the perk also awake you and it shouldn't.

    @IamFran Yes, but that's a Freddy-only thing. Adrenaline should not let survivors wake up and then it would be fine.

  • Why are people claiming that getting a 4k before the last gen pops is a counter? Thats like saying getting all gen grabs is the counter to SB, slugging all 4 is the counter to (current/old) DS, etc. It's not necessarily incorrect, but its completely missing the point of balance.

    NOED requires the same conditions to be met (5 gens completed) BUT also has the ability to be negated during, and even before it takes effect. If there was some kind of condition where a survivor's adrenaline becomes null if they are being carried/on the hook when it pops, it might be more comparable in that regard.

    Honestly the biggest reason so many killers consider it OP is because of how strong it is vs M1 killers, which is more of an issue with said killers than it is with the perk. Pair that with the fact that most survivors run it, and you end up with teflon survivors the second the last gen pops, and an abysmally one sided endgame. Which of course leads to survivors not leaving and holding the game hostage in the exit gates.

    In the end there are other core mechanics to the game that are more important to address than the perk itself, but its the low hanging fruit they go after since its effect is so tangible and its counter nebulous.

  • I think adrenaline is op to people who consistently fail at stopping survivors from doing their objective.

  • @RepliCant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/367968#Comment_367968

    I'll elaborate more to make it more relevant to what the OP asked.

    Adrenaline is not Overpowered despite all that it does - and here is why I think so.

    • It has conditions.

    -The condition being, all 5 generators must be repaired. You must also be injured/dying state to make value of the heal

    • Due to this condition, it is not always going to proc every game

    -Meaning, if you prevent the 5 generators from being repaired, it will never be something you encounter anyway.

    • Having Adrenaline proc when you complete the last generator, fully healed, and not actively in a chase

    -Feels like a waste of a perk slot. Back to the condition argument; for full value of the perk you must be at risk (in the injured/dying state)

    While I agree that the 5 second sprint is a bit oppressive, I do not find it too powerful. It is detrimental to a Killer when chasing a Survivor and Adrenaline procs saving them completely. I can acknowledge such - but it's fair to say it has conditions placed on it, and it's a high reward when that condition is met.

    Mind you, like No One Escapes Death, you're essentially without a perk for the majority of the game. That does also have an effect. It being a one-time use, especially at the end game, seems fair for what it does.

    *cough* imo, tho.

    The conditions are easy to achieve. It's been mathematically proven that generator repair is easy and fast. Some killers (characters) simply lack the map presence to stop survivors from repairing all the generators. If the conditions are easy to achieve, then they shouldn't provide a massive benefit.

    As an example of conditions that are nigh-impossible to achieve, just look at any hex perk. Let's go with DH, since it allows you to kill survivors. You have to allow for five free unhooks, while simultaneously making sure your totem is never found (which is almost impossible, especially with SWF). And when the stars align, you can kill survivors.

    Survivors' fourth perk slot has been empty for quite some time. The stale meta is SC+SB+DS+perk number 4. So no, they're not without a perk during the trial, since they never really cared about that slot in the first place. NOED, on the other hand, actually matters for killers, since the only (arguably) meta perk is Ruin, and the rest are part of a build. Survivors don't have builds, they just stuff safety net after safety net in their slots and call it a day.

    That sprint alone makes it all but impossible for 110% killers to catch them, and the heal makes it pointless to even try. Again, not wasted even if you're fully healed. Oh, and let's not forget, even if you're on the hook when it's supposed to trigger, it'll just activate when you're unhooked (which is absurdly easy to do, even in the killer's face), and you'll be fully healed.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/368006#Comment_368006

    The conditions are easy to achieve. It's been mathematically proven that generator repair is easy and fast. Some killers (characters) simply lack the map presence to stop survivors from repairing all the generators. If the conditions are easy to achieve, then they shouldn't provide a massive benefit.

    As an example of conditions that are nigh-impossible to achieve, just look at any hex perk. Let's go with DH, since it allows you to kill survivors. You have to allow for five free unhooks, while simultaneously making sure your totem is never found (which is almost impossible, especially with SWF). And when the stars align, you can kill survivors.

    Survivors' fourth perk slot has been empty for quite some time. The stale meta is SC+SB+DS+perk number 4. So no, they're not without a perk during the trial, since they never really cared about that slot in the first place. NOED, on the other hand, actually matters for killers, since the only (arguably) meta perk is Ruin, and the rest are part of a build. Survivors don't have builds, they just stuff safety net after safety net in their slots and call it a day.

    That sprint alone makes it all but impossible for 110% killers to catch them, and the heal makes it pointless to even try. Again, not wasted even if you're fully healed. Oh, and let's not forget, even if you're on the hook when it's supposed to trigger, it'll just activate when you're unhooked (which is absurdly easy to do, even in the killer's face), and you'll be fully healed.

    Just understand, adrenaline rewards player for doing their objective, you need to apply pressure if you want to counter this perk, and this is a huge disavantage because you only play with 3 slot during all the match.. and that slot can be used by iron will, alert etc..

    In conclusion: Adrenaline rewards player for doing their objective or stay in chase by 5 generators and the reward should be huge because you only played with 3 perks..

  • @Arroz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/368319#Comment_368319

    Just understand, adrenaline rewards player for doing their objective, you need to apply pressure if you want to counter this perk, and this is a huge disavantage because you only play with 3 slot during all the match.. and that slot can be used by iron will, alert etc..

    In conclusion: Adrenaline rewards player for doing their objective or stay in chase by 5 generators and the reward should be huge because you only played with 3 perks..

    I take it you missed the part where generator repair is fast and easy and that some characters simply cannot apply enough map pressure to do jack #########, not to mention where I already pointed out that survivors aren't giving up anything they actually need, since their stale meta consists of 3 staple perks+random perk number 4.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/368453#Comment_368453

    I take it you missed the part where generator repair is fast and easy and that some characters simply cannot apply enough map pressure to do jack #########, not to mention where I already pointed out that survivors aren't giving up anything they actually need, since their stale meta consists of 3 staple perks+random perk number 4.

    Not everyone should be able to apply pressure, everyone have disanvantage and there's 2 killer who are the more powerful in the game that can just bassicaly counter adrenaline.

  • @Arroz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/368457#Comment_368457

    Not everyone should be able to apply pressure, everyone have disanvantage and there's 2 killer who are the more powerful in the game that can just bassicaly counter adrenaline.

    So you think it's acceptable that if you want to play killer and actually kill, you're pigeonholed into playing two characters perfectly, while survivors don't have to do anything of significance to escape?

  • @bendermac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/368017#Comment_368017

    NOED is a clutch perk and not a crutch perk.

    The fun thing about NOED is

    • Does the Killer have it?
    • Did the SV cleanse all totems?

    If the final gen is popped you as the Killer either smile that did activate and yet you hope it will last long enough. As a SV you just hope it didn't activate. But if it does, you hope to come across the totem before the Killer finds you. I find it much more fun then annoying.

    Adrenaline however can have a devastating effect for the Killer. After a hard chase you're finally in reach to get that final blow or you did finally down them and then HOOOONK the final gen pops, the SV is fully healed or back on his feet and runs away.

    It was sarcasm.

    NOED and Adrenalin are annoying, but fine.

    I just make a joke, because many survivors are salty, because NOED.

  • @Orion said:

    It ignores Exhaustion, guarantees an escape (it's 5 seconds of SB, which gives a 30-meter head start), and oh yeah, heals you. If killers had a similar perk, it'd have been nerfed to hell already.

    @Orion NOED because you can instadown them, go faster so it's harder to loop you and you can turn a game around, just like Adrenaline. They both haven't been nerfed because both are way too crutch and needed. I personally think both need to be gone honestly. But you're not getting one nerfed without the other. :3

    @ me if u respond :)

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/367929#Comment_367929

    @Orion NOED because you can instadown them, go faster so it's harder to loop you and you can turn a game around, just like Adrenaline. They both haven't been nerfed because both are way too crutch and needed. I personally think both need to be gone honestly. But you're not getting one nerfed without the other. :3

    @ me if u respond :)

    how can u justify comparing noed, a perk designed to reward you for losing, to adrenaline, a perk designed to reward you for winning? @Poweas

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/368459#Comment_368459

    So you think it's acceptable that if you want to play killer and actually kill, you're pigeonholed into playing two characters perfectly, while survivors don't have to do anything of significance to escape?

    you can put out pressure as a lower tier killer, its just harder to do (hence why they're lower tier). gens are fast because you give survivors no reason to stop repairing them during a trial.

  • This is too funny lol

    *survivors ask for NOED nerf*

    killer mains: “jUsT cLeANsE aLL tHe TotEMs”

    same killer mains: “OmG AdrNALinE Is tOo oP”

    survivors: “just.....don’t let all the gens get done” 0_o


    lol

  • @Spirit_Hag said:

    This is too funny lol

    *survivors ask for NOED nerf*

    killer mains: “jUsT cLeANsE aLL tHe TotEMs”

    same killer mains: “OmG AdrNALinE Is tOo oP”

    survivors: “just.....don’t let all the gens get done” 0_o

    lol

    This is the truth lol

  • @artist said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/368460#Comment_368460

    you can put out pressure as a lower tier killer, its just harder to do (hence why they're lower tier). gens are fast because you give survivors no reason to stop repairing them during a trial.

    Last match with legion they were repairing gens so fast, there only was 2 gens left and i down the survivor let him in the floor and check the gens.. It is a very effective technique and I was able to get 3k, I do not understand why they say that the only killer that can apply pressure is the nurse, hillbilly and spirit can put pressure when everyone can, that one does better than the other and has better mobility is different.

  • @artist said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/368546#Comment_368546

    how can u justify comparing noed, a perk designed to reward you for losing, to adrenaline, a perk designed to reward you for winning? @Poweas

    They both are endgame, both crutches, they both sometimes boost people higher then they should be (noed more often) and they're both hated.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/368707#Comment_368707

    They both are endgame, both crutches, they both sometimes boost people higher then they should be (noed more often) and they're both hated.

    The difference

    One reward you for suck the entire game and other reward you for being chased by 5 gens or do your objective

  • @Arroz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/368745#Comment_368745

    The difference

    One reward you for suck the entire game and other reward you for being chased by 5 gens or do your objective

    Totems are objectives as well. They're secondary objectives, which most survivors claim to want.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/368749#Comment_368749

    Totems are objectives as well. They're secondary objectives, which most survivors claim to want.

    I rarely cleanse totems, because i like to be the one who be chased, but most of the times i play solo and my team only repairs.. for these reasons i like to play in swf

  • Heal + Sprint Burst = OP I guess, cause we are running out of things to complain about, some people are never gonna be happy.

  • @Swiftblade131 said:

    Heal + Sprint Burst = OP I guess, cause we are running out of things to complain about, some people are never gonna be happy.

    Most killer main want to every survivor perk be like slippery meat.

  • It isn't OP. /thread

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/368459#Comment_368459

    So you think it's acceptable that if you want to play killer and actually kill, you're pigeonholed into playing two characters perfectly, while survivors don't have to do anything of significance to escape?

    Didn't you say Clown was balanced a few days ago?

  • @Arroz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/368457#Comment_368457

    Not everyone should be able to apply pressure, everyone have disanvantage and there's 2 killer who are the more powerful in the game that can just bassicaly counter adrenaline.

    So the EZ answer to Adrenaline is to just apply pressure, but then not everyone should be able to do that? #SurvivorLogic

  • I opened up a thread explaining what I mean by "balanced". Read it if you'd like to understand more.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/368883#Comment_368883

    I opened up a thread explaining what I mean by "balanced". Read it if you'd like to understand more.

    Yeah but here you're saying only two killers can get kills if they play perfectly. If Clown can't get kills how is he balanced?

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/368897#Comment_368897

    Yeah but here you're saying only two killers can get kills if they play perfectly. If Clown can't get kills how is he balanced?

    That's where the thread comes in.

  • Adrenaline not op , noed not op. Just seems op when your in a bad position on either side.

    Noed can ruin your life

    adrenaline can ruin your life

    sometimes people can escape Bc adrenaline

    sometimes you can secure kills with noed

    adrenaline only affects the person carrying it

    noed affects everyone

    stop the witch hunt on these two perks, it’s unnecessary.

    Sometimes you pray the totems aren’t cleansed

    sometimes you pray they can get the last gen done before you’re downed.

    chalk it up to it be like that when it goes wrong.

  • OK. So you don't disagree that you think the Clown can't get kills but you also think he's balanced. Got it.

  • It’s certainly more OP than NOED, which has an easy counter.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/368707#Comment_368707

    They both are endgame, both crutches, they both sometimes boost people higher then they should be (noed more often) and they're both hated.

    both endgame? yeah but its a good thing for survivors if it gets to endgame and a bad thing for killers to get to endgame.

    both crutches? if thats how u feel, but like I said, one is a reward for doing well, the other is a reward for doing poorly.

    both boost people higher than they should be? I'm pretty sure if a survivor makes it to endgame they wouldve already pipped (not that rank even matters). can't say the same for killer.

    both hated? yeah and there are people who hate leatherface cuz they think his one shot is actually THAT good, point is?

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/368901#Comment_368901

    OK. So you don't disagree that you think the Clown can't get kills but you also think he's balanced. Got it.

    Let me know when you read the thread so you can start making sense.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/368905#Comment_368905

    Let me know when you read the thread so you can start making sense.

    I did read it and it changed nothing. Please explain to me how a killer could possibly be balanced if they cannot get kills (their sole objective). Those two things are mutually exclusive. You said something about the Clown's power being good at what it does but having a counter. That's your idea of balance. But how would any killer's power be balanced if it could not help them get kills?

    And the whole point of this, which we could have gotten to sooner if you'd simply answer a question rather than deflecting, is that if you are claiming only two killers played perfectly can get kills, you are being disingenuous. And you recently saying the Clown is in a good place is evidence of that.

  • @Tzeentchling9 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/368459#Comment_368459

    So the EZ answer to Adrenaline is to just apply pressure, but then not everyone should be able to do that? #SurvivorLogic

    This

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/368916#Comment_368916

    I did read it and it changed nothing. Please explain to me how a killer could possibly be balanced if they cannot get kills (their sole objective). Those two things are mutually exclusive. You said something about the Clown's power being good at what it does but having a counter. That's your idea of balance. But how would any killer's power be balanced if it could not help them get kills?

    The devs already said they don't design every killer to be able to kill. I'm looking at it from their perspective.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/368998#Comment_368998

    The devs already said they don't design every killer to be able to kill. I'm looking at it from their perspective.

    LOL, okay.

  • @artist said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/368745#Comment_368745

    both endgame? yeah but its a good thing for survivors if it gets to endgame and a bad thing for killers to get to endgame.

    both crutches? if thats how u feel, but like I said, one is a reward for doing well, the other is a reward for doing poorly.

    both boost people higher than they should be? I'm pretty sure if a survivor makes it to endgame they wouldve already pipped (not that rank even matters). can't say the same for killer.

    both hated? yeah and there are people who hate leatherface cuz they think his one shot is actually THAT good, point is?

    @artist If you're seriously trying to get me into an argument where I'll show bias to one side then it's not going to work. I might main killer, but I dgaf about being biased to it. I want NOED gone and frankly, I don't care about Adrenaline going or not. I personally want it to stay but my opinion isn't important since I use Adrenaline myself and I never touched NOED (unless it's nurse behind gates).

    But i'll warn you, since I learnt it the hard way, if you want one side gone, then the killers will certainly argue for NOED. I personally don't care about either of them. I don't even think anyone should ######### about them but you do you I guess.

    I'll say one thing :P.

    ClEaN t0TeMs.

    (PS: if you hate Leatherface cause of his one shot then you need to git gud)

    Also @ me if u respond or I won't get it.

  • I don't think it's overpowered; I think Gates are too weak. Once all 5 generators are up, it's very much in the survivors' favor in most situations where they're alive when this occurs. Sure, there's freak games where survivors go full #########, and somehow games turn from 0K into 4K to a NOED or Blood Warden, but it's not a realistic scenario.

    Having two gates is fine, but how fast they tend to open is not--especially with nothing impeding them but a single perk: Remember Me; something that requires very specific build-up.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/368912#Comment_368912

    @artist If you're seriously trying to get me into an argument where I'll show bias to one side then it's not going to work. I might main killer, but I dgaf about being biased to it. I want NOED gone and frankly, I don't care about Adrenaline going or not. I personally want it to stay but my opinion isn't important since I use Adrenaline myself and I never touched NOED (unless it's nurse behind gates).

    But i'll warn you, since I learnt it the hard way, if you want one side gone, then the killers will certainly argue for NOED. I personally don't care about either of them. I don't even think anyone should ######### about them but you do you I guess.

    I'll say one thing :P.

    ClEaN t0TeMs.

    (PS: if you hate Leatherface cause of his one shot then you need to git gud)

    Also @ me if u respond or I won't get it.

    you completely missed my point of one being a reward that makes sense and the other not. its not about being biased lol. also I said some people actually feel that way towards leatherface as a counterpoint to you saying "some people hate it" yes some people hate it, but for really dumb reasons. I love facing bubbas @Poweas

  • @artist said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/369089#Comment_369089

    you completely missed my point of one being a reward that makes sense and the other not. its not about being biased lol. also I said some people actually feel that way towards leatherface as a counterpoint to you saying "some people hate it" yes some people hate it, but for really dumb reasons. I love facing bubbas @Poweas

    @artist me too, I love his goofy face when he misses you at a window. But yeah I know that one rewards ######### gameplay but the other rewards good gameplay. But tbf, with the sheer speed gens be popping now, can you really blame the devs for not nerfing it? They probably will once they've sorted out genrushing. I had a Spirit game earlier, I had everyone hooked before a gen was completed, non stop chasing and my chases were no more than 14 seconds, and I patrolled the gens, yet they ploughed through the gens and I was powerless to stop it. I got a 2 man when that'd have been a 4 man if there wasn't 3 toolboxes.

    Just saying, I never touch NOED, ever but sometimes, games like that, make me seriously consider why I don't.

    I always have problems with genrushing as Spirit, the survivors plough through them, no matter how much I hit, no matter how short my chases are. I mean I had everyone injured at the start.

    Just be patient, once they've fixed genrushing, they'll certainly nerf NOED.

  • It isn't like Noed isn't either. Both are poweful endgame perks that fit the game perfectly.

  • Adrenaline isn't OP. It's just strong. Very strong. Like NOED.


    ;)

1 2 ›