Not feeling the changes to ranking/emblems
Increased the Chaser penalty to punish camping. Good.
Gatekeeper changes... Maybe good?
Require 10 hooks and a 4k for Iri Devout. Bad.
Increased points needed for a pip as you get to the next tier in ranks. Very bad.
You guys are just making it easier for people to depip and bully killers while making it impossible to legitimately rank up. People are just going to get stuck in green/purple ranks and there won't be enough red rank players to fill lobbies. Not to mention, with Devout changes survivors can screw you out of a pip by killing themselves on a hook.
IMO the Devout and pip requirements should be reverted. It's really not necessary and just would make ranking/deranking worse.
Comments
@thesuicidefox Camping/tunneling also hurts Devout (less hooks potentially).
Honestly I'm feeling it. I'm tired of zooming through ranks before I'm ready for it.
Yeah this new points system is bad.
I'm rank 3 at the moment so I'm scored under Red.
- Do a gen solo, half a gen with another survivor, and a full gen with 2 other survivors
- Loot a chest
- Get an unhook (only hook in the game)
- Open exit gate
- escape
i only just got a safety pip for that. Like what am I meant to do if the killer decides to try and tunnel 1 person all game? Am I meant to go run in front of the killer tbagging and hoping to get chased? Since I got the only unhook in the game, did the other survivors even pip?
I'm guessing like before the person who got chased all game probably depipped because the killer wouldn't leave them alone.
The survivors scoring is all based on how the killer plays. If the killer cant get hooks then you can't pip. If the killer comes in for the instant tunnel or wont hit anyone else then you cant heal either. Why am I punished because the killer played badly?
@The_Crusader Yea it seems really stupid. You already have to do a good amount as survivor just to earn a safety pip, now you're telling me you need to basically almost double pip in order to safety? And if the killer decides to camp/tunnel so you can't get Benevolence now it's pretty much a guaranteed way for the killer to ensure the entire lobby depips.
If they wanted to reduce the pip requirements for low ranks that's fine. But don't up the requirements for higher ranks. It's not necessary. If you get a DC in your game now, everyone (survivors and killer) just got depipped for that.
In my other game as killer I hooked all survivors once, mori'd 2, one disconmected on hook, last got hatch and I depipped.
#########?
The changes are better than what we had. As you rank up... it should be harder and harder to maintain/climb the ranks.
Being in red ranks, and being rank 1 should be an honor and difficult to get to.
With the monthly reset, rewards need to happen. In the form of shards/or a cosmetic that is exclusive. I don't know why just getting like 1,000 shards can't happen. I mean what's the big deal?
Devotion and ranked rewards are full.
@The_Crusader Killers are saying the same thing how their pipping is dictated but survivors not suiciding or dying on their first hook. I see the green and purple ranks full and really good matchmaking while the red ranks will be almost the same survivors and killers. Not sure if it will be good or bad. i am tired of lobby simulator and rarely play now because of it. If i no longer reach rank 1 on either side unless i play hardcore i'm not really gonna care.
What I find hilarious is that the changes punish us and expect us,to do WAY more for a safety pip, let alone a pip....and guess what...STILL no mention about any Rank Rewards...so Im even LESS motivated to do #########... Before I had my own self pride and self motivation because I did fairly well or occasionally really well in my games...now? The game is gonna be laughing at my "pitiful" attempts to do anything in a match.
Yea I actually don't have a problem with the ranking system. Everyone complains about it, says "it doesn't matter" (it actually kind of does), but this isn't going to solve anything. It's just going to make it worse.
Red rank killer? Good luck finding games.
A survivor DC's? Good luck getting even a safety pip now.
Killer camps? Everyone in the game just got depipped.
Killers sucks and never gets a hook? Good luck getting a safety pip without Benevolence.
Survivors suck and never make saves? Good luck getting a safety pip without Devout.
It's just all really stupid. The only reasonable change was increasing the penalty to Chaser and MAYBE adjusting the way scoring works for Gatekeeper. Everything else just ruins the rank system. It was good before just needed some minor tweaks. Now it IS completely worthless because 90% of the time your pip is out of your control.
More and more reasons for ranks to not exist at all.
No it shouldn't be harder. If they want to do that, then just ease up on pipping requirements for low ranks. If you make it literally impossible to safety pip in most games no one can rank up.
Being at rank 1, and STAYING at rank 1 is already difficult to do, especially as killer. People say it's not but if you suck at the game it takes ages to rank up. I rank up as both killer and survivor after a reset in less than 3 days on average, mostly because I play very well and consistently pip or double pip and rarely every depip or safety pip. The games where I get screwed by other survivors or by killers that do nothing but camp are the only times I depip and there isn't much control I have over that. Now I have even LESS control because if someone DC's that's an automatic depip, as both killer and survivor. It's dumb.
If they want to make it harder to stay at high ranks, then maybe make depipping remove 2 pips at red ranks or something. Increasing the requirements to the point you have to have a perfect game every time is not the way to go because there are too many things beyond your control.
Yep This ^^^^^^^ Rewards or ######### your Ranks!
It's unfair that as survivor you need the killer to be good in order to pip.
As killer its unfair that moris and disconnects hurt you.
IMO mori's should very slightly penalize the killer since they basically make it a lot easier to kill survivors, but yea it's stupid.
I'm betting now that if these changes go live NO ONE will be able to stay at red ranks.
I agree with that, otherwise killers would be boosted with ebonys.
But then would you have to have the same limit for a survivor that used a key?
Harder to rank up as killer?
I will take it any day, I dont wanna rank up at all. I prefer playing non-toptier killers, so ya better avoid the red ranks =)
It's too early to say, but I think it could be an incentive for survivors to do more than gen rushing and getting out. High rank survivors will probably be the ones that spend more time doing more things than repairing a gen.
Honestly killers needed a brake to not zoom through ranks. As a killer it took me no time to get rank 1 to the point I didn't even feel I earned it.
Everyone upset about the pipping. It doesn't reward so i really don't care.
Amen. Totally unnecessary in this game. If it's a mismatch then the game is done in 5 minutes anyway. On to the next one.
But nope. We have a convoluted ranking system that slows down matchmaking and yet also offers zero reward. Ok...
I'm just gonna be flat out honest here... if you are a good killer you can play literally any killer at red ranks. People make it sound like the only viable killers are Nurse and Billy (and Spirit) but that's just not true UNLESS you are a garbage killer. I can play like 8 different killers at rank 1 very well, it's not impossible (including Freddy who I consistently 4k with at rank 1). But too many people have this idea that it is, then end up just picking Nurse/Billy/Spirit because they actually suck as killer. Sorry not sorry, if you avoid red ranks so you can play other killers you might not be as good of a killer as you think.
This is besides the fact that you have PLENTY of chances to no rank up as killer in the current system. If you want to stay at purple ranks you can do it. Just stop using Ruin to let them gen rush and camp hooks. You will depip/safety pip with ease.
No rewards, slows down the matchmaking, and reduces the connection quality of games.
All for what? A subpar attempt at separating players into certain skill groups?
It was pointless before, and now it’s even worse. Since it’s harder for everyone to PiP, more people are going to be grouped together.
Right? Why even have a ranking system if your goal is just to throw people into a lobby with no consideration for rank?
Of course you can play unviable killers at rank 1, BUT you will only do well if you play against boosted survivors.
Facing an efficient SWF, you will get obliterated. People claim all the time that they can easily 4k every game with "trash killers" on rank 1, but if you ask them for footage, then they either provide nothing at all or give you a single video of them where they screw over boosted rank 1s that dont evne know how to loop.
Maybe you are different and actually mastered one of the trash killers, but you gotta prove that =)
If you play against a top tier SWF as ANY killer you will get bodied. It doesn't matter which. I run into the same players all the time because I play this game all the time. I know how good they are and I can still outplay them with killers that aren't Nurse/Billy (I really don't even play those killers). Is it harder? Yes. Is it impossible? No.
I can tell when survivors in my games are good or bad or boosted or whatever. Against GOOD survivors I can still consistently 4k, or at the very least keep pace with them. I don't have to prove anything. I know how good the people I'm going against are and I can still win.
If you think a killer is "unviable" at rank 1 then you aren't a good killer PERIOD. Some killers are indeed stronger than others, but even Freddy is very dangerous if you have the right build and use the right tactics. It doesn't mean he can't compete at rank 1, it just means he has to work harder for it.
From what I can see they pushed it too far. An increase in the number of points required to pip isn't a bad idea necessarily. They just went too far with it.
Maybe im a bad killer then, do you mind sharing the gameplay such that bad killers like me can learn from you? 😃
I might be overthinking it, but I guess they're trying to make people devote even more time to the game.
Many guys reach rank 1 and simply start playing much less, so it results in fewer players reaching the end of the season.
This new scoring system will be like a chip on all the achievers' shoulders. They'll keep playing and playing until they get the precious skull and / or ball of gears thingy.
The right thing to do would be implementing rank rewards, so all that extra time amounts to something, at least.
Right now it's just a mindless, sisyphean grind.
Like I said I don't need to prove anything to anyone. I know how good the survivors are that I face, it's pretty easy to tell a good survivor from a bad one at any rank. And if you play well you can indeed win against good survivors with any killer.
Right if they were to do anything, then adjust the scoring for emblems. Changing points needed for pips is completely unnecessary and will just mean even FEWER players at high ranks, which means longer wait times if you are a good killer/survivor. IMO it makes more sense to make depips cost you 2 pips at high rank then it would be to move the goal post. Then when you do bad you have to work harder to make up for it. But as it stands, if you don't play a perfect game you don't pip. That's unreasonable.
Some evidence the new emblem system is dumb. First game 3k lasted at least 9 minutes (he cuts around, there is at least 8 minutes of gameplay). Second game 2k and the game lasted well over 10 minutes. Both games were a depip, and while yes he wasn't being super good in chases he still should have easily pipped both of these games, if not safety pipped. The fact he got NOTHING in Gatekeeper both games proves that emblem is broken now.
Yeah okay I rescind my comments, this is definitely a bit too much.
People who actually make rank one will have the most difficult time finding lobbies
If you do a few gens and escape you should be given a safety pip at least.
Not my fault the killer got no hooks. Even id they got 1 I have to compete for that with 3 other people which is what leads to unsafe rushed unhooks.
Not my fault I was good at evading the killer with stealth and didn't end up in a chase.
Its like we're punished for doing well.
If ranks didnt exist at all, we would have new players vs pros. Worse than what this "being unable to pip and I'm stuck in green/purp" will do.
More like you are punished for being far better than your opponent.
I watched True's stream for a bit he depipped or safety pipped almost every game. You can argue he is not the best killer, but a he is definitely not a BAD killer. I can understand if he got completely run over by survivors, but he was doing really well some games and still got shafted by the new emblems/pips.
I watched this video and I was really shocked that he was deranking after getting 3ks. I was one of the people who was saying that Emblems need to be harder but this is just crazy.
i haven’t been able to test it yet since I’m on ps4, but I think the new system will be better. That way if you get to red ranks you have actually good killers, and good survivors. Which is how it should be. You’ll stay in low ranks if you don’t play to pip. It will also engage survivors to do more than just gen rush and interact with the killer. You’ll pip naturally with good killers I think.
Either way you won’t be able to swf your way to the top and stay there without friends unless you’re actually good.
I say test it for a few months, tweak if necessary. I like their train of thought on where they are going with it though.
@The_Crusader Yes, the killer's skill and playstyle decide whether you even have the chance to pip as surv. It's not a good design.
I'd prefer to let ranking be bloodpoint-related again. For that, also remove the 8k cap on bp categories (while keeping the overall limit of 32k).
I prefer this new system. The goal is to make ranks mean something. Right now I am a red rank survivor that is only there because of how much I've played this month, not how well I've played this month. With this new system I will be dragged down to whereever I really belong,
The devs are addressing the common "rank means nothing" complaint. If this means I'm really a rank 15, then so be it, as long as others I am playing with are at my skill level.
I would like to see black pips being the norm and pips and depips being for particularly good or bad games to ensure that rank has been earned for perfomance, not time.
I think we should try it out for a month or 2
People say that if the other side plays bad you can't pip but in theory there won't be any bad players at high ranks anymore
High ranks would be without campers or tunnelers and DCers as people who do that won't ever make it to the high ranks
Again in theory
So many people on this forum jump on posters saying ‘rank means nothing’ ‘it’s easy to get to rank 1 you just have to play enough. Too many potatoes at rank 1 near reset etc. And when devs try to address that it’s now too hard to pip? You can’t have it both ways. The only tweak I could see happening is Iri devout being 8 hooks + 4K.
That video posted the streamer was using a ebony mori and only 3k. So he didn’t get enough hooks for his iri devout and only got silver for the 3k. Which also means he didn’t get a lot of hits in and lost out on Malicious emblem. He never kicked a gen, so he lost out on gatekeeper emblem. Using this mori basically made him depip. Since killers insist it’s impossible to use mori’s every game anyway this shouldn’t be that common right? In normal gameplay where you’re hooking and chasing more should be easier to safety pip/pip. I watched another streamer last night that safety pipped most games using moris or survs not saving off hooks.
I’m personally reserving judgement to see how it plays out over a week or so when everyone is settling in to new ranks.
EDIT: there's one more change I would consider. From what I seen some people say the new killers power, i.e puking on someone, isn't counting towards chaser emblem? Does her corrupt power count towards it? If something needs tweaked there it should be.
Can we like not whine about this yet? They made it a bit more difficult to pip which is good!! Theres too many new players that are in the red that should not be there!
Also I'm sure the ranking system is bugged atm
People will just have to learn to play a more balanced game. Relying on a Mori, camping survivors on their first hook until they die and just Urban Evading everywhere until the gates open should not be sufficient to earn a pip.
Dude you basically have to double pip at high ranks for a single pip. That's how extreme the new ranking is. You need to play PERFECTLY to keep a red rank. That is completely unreasonable because you can't play perfectly every game, most of your success depends on how good you opponent is (can't get Benevolence if the killer never gets a hook, can't get Devout if survivors never save each other from the hook), and there is WAY too much RNG and OP stuff in this game to expect someone to play that well all the time. You can easily get screwed out of a pip if the killer decides to camp or something equally dumb.
He still should have AT LEAST got a safety pip. He got NOTHING in Gatekeeper despite both games lasting over 10 minutes. I agree mori should punish your emblems slightly but this is ridiculous.
Also about the "rank means nothing" comments... well it still kind of means nothing since now it's impossible to pip at high ranks. You just push everyone down to purple ranks, and now there are even LESS players at high ranks. Wait times are already bad enough for red ranks.
The reason they say ranks means nothing is not just about how easy it was it is also due to players deraking into green and purple who are much better so overall what rank you play in means nothing.
Making it harder is good but making it this hard means you don't have to derank as you won't pip as much and more than likely depip, the steamers second part of the video they did multi hook in a 9+ min game, 3k'd and depipped, no one should honestly think that is a great change.
The players will no longer be spread over 15 ranks it will end up over 8-10 with this change with red ranks being a ghost town and newer players will find it even harder once out of the newbie zone.
Fix match making so a rank 12 will be ranked with a rank 1 if they are of equal ability, rank is just an acheivement in this game and with deranking possible it shouldn't be part of the match making.
4 man 5 gen=black pip
Does anybody just think we should play a season under the new pipping system and see how it is for a whole season or do we want to break out the pitchforks and torches. We have had numerous complaints about how easy it is to pip and matchmaking. Why not try this and see what happens?
Because ranking up as killer is impossible. Prove us wrong.
That does make sense but my only worry with that is history has already shown what happened when they make pipping harder, the match making can take a huge amount of time at certain ranks, I dont know if that is worth the risk as some may not be able to play.
When I can sit and watch a streamer or YT get a 3k in a 10 minute game only to depip, yea I can complain about it. We don't need to test this at all if some of the best players in the game are already losing pips at an astounding rate. The fact this stuff can even happen, and the fact that it's actually harder to get Gatekeeper than it was before is enough proof to say the new system doesn't work.
But it could be bugged and need fixing..I mean... depipping on a 3k or 4k with the match lasting over 9-10mins. . Come on something has to be bugged