Gentapping
So dribbling got removed now, how about gentapping? ![]()
So dribbling got removed now, how about gentapping? ![]()
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Were you struggling against killers that dribbled you every time and wasted a huge of time?
Dribbling wasted lots of time aswell, still it got removed
It's ridiculous, right? They got rid of the reason you feel the need to dribble, which is fine they made DS way weaker imo.
It's really annoying seeing people try and equate things all the time, llike survivors crying about noed when it isn't nearly the same as NOED.
Now dribbling isn't a thing because they heavily nerfed the reason it exists and now they want rid of gen tapping, it's insane.
Don't bother, he's just trolling again as usual and don't forget his comments about Ruin getting cleansed early and so it's obvious why he's complaining. He still can't beat a bunch of no skill gen tappers so he has to make up excuses for why it needs to be removed.
I mean gen tappers are basically giving you free Ruin and thus are making it super easy to prolong the game and thus down.
There's still people Gentapping in 2019???
Gen tapping is the same as Ruin being up the entire time. lol
Repairing a generator through Good skillchecks is the same speed until 6-7 Goods. It's, honestly, better to just power through 80% of the time if Ruin isn't immediately near you. The only situation where Ruin is super detrimental is multiple people on a generator that can't hit Greats, in which case... just ignore Ruin's purpose and split up on generators.
Those are like the easiest games to win so stop moaning and just play the game. Gen tapping is not game breaking so deal with it like all those survivors have to deal with cheap instadowns like noed.
What if tapping will make you repair through the regression, but the regression doesn't go away until you're more than 5-10 seconds on it repairing? 8-)
Love how people are still mad it's getting "buffed" .
XD
I think there are some people a bit braggart here.
"Gentapping is done by people without skill" I don't trust the people who say they always hit the great skillchecks. I have seen some 3000-5000 hours of DBD streamers and when Ruin is active they usually go to find the totem and when they are healing or doing a generator they don't always hit the great skillcheck, they hit it more than me and more than the average players, but always not.
Stop being braggarts please.
Gen tapping is a feature just like dribbling.
Dude, all gentapping does is make it easier on you...
I'm confused, gen trapping just slows survivors down. What is your issue?
I assume you think it would be another survivor nerf
However, regression shouldn't stop when a survivor pokes a generator during a chase. Yeah, sure, you can say they sacrificed distance in the chase but my rebuttal is that you also get punished more than what they get punished. Therefore, there should be at least a 3 second repair requirement to stop regression or have the survivor go through a 3-5 second animation trying to stop the regression.
To be fair I’ve had some game that I hit nothing but greats but that’s doesn’t happen most games so I run stake out to help if I don’t make the great.
Ok, I'm going to believe you, but some people here pretend to make believen that every single skillcheck in every map can be a great one with enough skill and that's a bluff. Even hitting the great in the half of the skillchecks with Ruin active slow down the reparion enough for considering tap the gen or find the totem, unless two or more with toolboxes are in the same gen.
@IamFran oh yeah there is no way you are only hitting greats I agree.
I do the same ,especially as the last survivor and sometimes I'll do a line and then sneak back the way i cam as they run along the line and think I'm at one that hasn't been touched.
Dribbling got removed 'cause the perk got a massive nerf. It has turned into something that can be countered (wait out 60 seconds) and have a prerequisite (get tunneled off hook). Before this, it could be used whenever the person pleased. Given DS needed a nerf, but you complaining about juggling being removed 'cause the perk was gutted is like complaining about not being able to eat every flavor of cake available without getting fat or getting sick. You need to choose one and this nerf isn't bad. Just don't tunnel and you'll never see the perk again.
I think it's hilarious when they poke the gen repeatedly and I have overcharge. They tend to miss hehe.
On the other hand, I'm going to miss dribbling so much
Same, I only ever ran it to test it and then only for the Adept and never since and it's funny when they repeatedly dribble you. It's even funnier when there's not a single person in the trail running DS and they dribble.
@powerbats sometimes I run sole survivor as Laurie and don’t wiggle for a few seconds they usually dribble me. 😂😂
That's funny I should do that sometime and then run Distortion but given all the killers using MLGa to block me from joining along with all the dodgers with no items or dark outfits. I'll wait till dedicated servers come up then it's on lol.
@powerbats have fun
Yeah I see Claudette's and Dwight's with the red shirt doing it all the time and occasionally Megs and Bills. I always shake my head as a survivor and move to a different gen.
As a killer I leave them be and go for survivors that actually know what they're doing, the free kill baddies I leave for last.
Pretty damn dangerous statement there, considering that 90% of the Rank 1 Survivors can't hit great skill checks (and probably even more here in the forum).
Imagine being so bad that you still have to gen tap in Rank 1? Imagine still being able to reach Rank 1 while being so bad? Yup, that''s DbD.
Even if you are good with skill checks you will still miss it sometimes anyway.
Well don't forget the killers that intentionally derank thus giving 1-2 pips to survivors and of course my favorite the killers that instantly rage quit the moment their Ruin totem dies. That's even after they've gotten 1-2 kills or 1 kill plus someone on their 2nd hook and 1 or only 2 gens done.
Making up some BS scenario to excuse another one?
When do Killers DC after their ruin totem "dies" even though they already killed 1-2 Survivors? No one does that. 2'000 hours and I've never seen that happening. Yes, some Killers DC when their hex gets cleansed literally 20 seconds into the match but what does this have to do with the topic? It won't make Survivors rank up and it will lead to killers deranking.
If you head back at my post and try to understand, you'll see that your point has absolutely no relevance to it unless you seriously think bad Rank 1 Survivors solely exist because of "derankers" which makes no sense at all. At Rank 2-5 you won't see derankers because guess what? The derankers are in rank 10 because they derank. They will never reach red ranks in first place, so they'll never help Survivors go through red ranks.
Gentapping is slower than repairing normally and missing the skill checks.
That totally depends on the frequency of skill checks. If you only get 2-3 skill checks per gen (totally possible) it's certainly faster than gen tapping. If you get 8-10 skill checks (totally possible) it's probably faster to gen tap through.
The thing is, most survivors don't even know how to gen tap properly lol
Making up excuses because you can't refute what I said how typical, I'll have to go through all my videos and post some samples of it happening. You just can't accept that whiny entitled killers do this because gasp killers would never do something so bad.
Also where did i say one bad behavior excuses another again because we both know i never said that and killers will intentionally quit to keep from ranking up and i can post streamer clips of them admitting they're doing that.
There's one in particular even after she's sacrificed the 4th survivor she dc's before the sacrifice credits fully so she doesn't pip. Also the survivors can still rank up if the match went on long enough which is both common sense and logical.
Again where did I ever say that killers intentionally deranking was solely the reason for survivors being rank 1 and don't give me that bs that rank 2-5 won't have derankers.
There;s killers on this very forum that brag about hitting rank 1 every season then derank out of it so of course they derank back to easier matches in the 10 range which of course guess what.
Yes that's right your hated enemy logic and common sense would dictate that survivors pip and rank up because the killer deranks.
Jesus christ man.
Why is this of any relevance to what I said? You're initiating discussions for the sake of.... discussing but they're of no relevance at all. What you said has absolutely nothing to do with what I said, yet you quoted me? It's not about Killer mains VS Survivor mains or anything like that, it's the simple fact that Survivors heavily suffer from skill even in Rank 1. They can't even hit great skill checks but somehow still manage to reach Rank 1, so they STILL gen tap in Rank 1.
This has nothing to do with Killers depipping, Killers disconnecting because their ruin got destroyed or whatever. Seriously man.
Dude? Gen tap is good for killers. It takes longer to do a gen when gen tapping then just missing and sometimes the ruin skillchecks? lol
Ok go look at what I wrote and then the response you wrote and then tell me who's initiating discussions for the sake of initiating them?
Also what i wrote is completely relevant to what you said since both things happen and have an effect on the things I commented on.
Yes people are at rank 1 that they don't belong but it's not just one cause that's the issue but many some of which I mentioned.
The simple fact of the matter is that a survivor gen tapping the whole time can still pip provided they do some unhooks or get into chases as well.
Heck it's been proven already i believe it was @DocOctober in another thread that posted the points breakdown of various things that could be done to pip.
The person that posted it proved you could do zero gens with getting not even Bronze in gens and still pip just by doing totems, unhooks, chests.
But..."it's a strategy™"
I don't get it. How is it relevant? This was the discussion:
I don't get it.
Yes, Killers DC. Yes, Killers farm. Yes, Killers derank but how are those things responsible for the incompetence of Survivors? How is that of any relevance regarding gen tapping?
It just looks to me as if you tried to actually blame it on the Killers that incompetent Survivors are able to reach Rank 1? No one forces them to be bad but themselves. THEY decide to gen tap instead of getting good and learn to hit the skill check. That's totally them being lazy and unskilled, it's not the result of Killers disconnecting, depipping or whatever.
Gentapping is safe but it takes AGES..! I rather have a gentapper than a person who can nail great skillchecks.
Damaging it does only starts a really slow decay of progress. The animation of the damaging is so long however that you can run behind a survivor in a loop and he always taps the gen, you damage it again, and this can go on forever
Ahh and once again being forced to take a perk to fix a design flaw. You heard about this mystery that the killer only has 4 perk slots?
Btw ruin is countered by gentapping