Why are people still asking for the DS timer to be increased?

Damn people, if you aren't picked up by 60 seconds after unhook then you aren't being tunneled. End of.

DS was too strong when it could be used at anytime, hence why it needs a strict 60 second max timer.

Comments

  • Shockingly I agree with you on this. Honestly I'm excited to actually use DS now when I play survivor
  • I agree, infact it may be a bit long, maybe 45 seconds would be better.

    If a killer is going to tunnel you they are probably close enough to the hook, I fear 60 seconds may punish those who dont actually tunnel and run into them by mistake looking for the one who unhooked.

  • They should be glad they got 60 seconds to begin with, instead of completely nerfing it into the ground with only 15 seconds like Iron Maiden.

  • Not only is it not too long, it needs to be shortened. 40 seconds is more than enough if you are actually being tunneled. You can find someone else, down them and hook them, then come back to find and down him again with that 60 second timer still running. Anti-tunnel perk, not a 1 minute immunity perk. This is gonna make me slug a lot and we know people don't like that.

  • I'm surprised Tydetyme asked for it to be longer, he's always come across as a killer main.

    You have 60 seconds from unhook. You can spend 15-20 seconds running to the edge of the map, and do a 40 second self-care with mangled applied in that time. It's actually far beyond what you need. What kind of tunneling killer ever gives a survivor that much time? they always go for the tunnel before you're healed.

    If you get unhooked as survivor and someone heals you with We'll Make It, you'd have like 40 seconds of immunity that you don't even need.

    I mean you've got....

    • not_queen announcing a blog post
    • The blog post
    • A follow up Q&A
    • A new Q&A today from Patricia
    • Tydetyme made a vid
    • Truetalent did a reaction video and he never does that
    • Ardetha made a video
    • People joining the forums just to comment on it
    • An entire front page of the forums filled with threads about this new change

    Does anyone think there would be this kind of reaction if Botany or Spine chill got changed? no. The fact that DS has drawn this much attention tells you that there was a major ######### problem with this perk lol

    All I'm saying is that it can't be any longer because then it steps into old DS territory and that is never allowed to happen. The devs say they tried 2 mins internally and it went there so yeah, glad they didn't go through with that in the final version.

  • TydeTyme complains about everything though. You can't please him
  • @ClogWench said:
    Shockingly I agree with you on this. Honestly I'm excited to actually use DS now when I play survivor

    I'm excited for the change. ^^

  • @The_Crusader said:
    I'm surprised Tydetyme asked for it to be longer, he's always come across as a killer main.

    You have 60 seconds from unhook. You can spend 15-20 seconds running to the edge of the map, and do a 40 second self-care with mangled applied in that time. It's actually far beyond what you need. What kind of tunneling killer ever gives a survivor that much time? they always go for the tunnel before you're healed.

    If you get unhooked as survivor and someone heals you with We'll Make It, you'd have like 40 seconds of immunity that you don't even need.

    I mean you've got....

    • not_queen announcing a blog post
    • The blog post
    • A follow up Q&A
    • A new Q&A today from Patricia
    • Tydetyme made a vid
    • Truetalent did a reaction video and he never does that
    • Ardetha made a video
    • People joining the forums just to comment on it
    • An entire front page of the forums filled with threads about this new change

    Does anyone think there would be this kind of reaction if Botany or Spine chill got changed? no. The fact that DS has drawn this much attention tells you that there was a major [BAD WORD] problem with this perk lol

    All I'm saying is that it can't be any longer because then it steps into old DS territory and that is never allowed to happen. The devs say they tried 2 mins internally and it went there so yeah, glad they didn't go through with that in the final version.

    The fact that they even thought 2 minutes was worth considering to be tested says a lot about their thought process in balancing and that is just terrifying. 2 minutes shouldn't have even made it on the whiteboard.

  • ClogWench said:
    TydeTyme complains about everything though. You can't please him
    Yep and he thinks everything the Devs do or change is because of his ideas and influence.

  • @The_Crusader said:
    I'm surprised Tydetyme asked for it to be longer, he's always come across as a killer main.

    You have 60 seconds from unhook. You can spend 15-20 seconds running to the edge of the map, and do a 40 second self-care with mangled applied in that time. It's actually far beyond what you need. What kind of tunneling killer ever gives a survivor that much time? they always go for the tunnel before you're healed.

    If you get unhooked as survivor and someone heals you with We'll Make It, you'd have like 40 seconds of immunity that you don't even need.

    I mean you've got....

    • not_queen announcing a blog post
    • The blog post
    • A follow up Q&A
    • A new Q&A today from Patricia
    • Tydetyme made a vid
    • Truetalent did a reaction video and he never does that
    • Ardetha made a video
    • People joining the forums just to comment on it
    • An entire front page of the forums filled with threads about this new change

    Does anyone think there would be this kind of reaction if Botany or Spine chill got changed? no. The fact that DS has drawn this much attention tells you that there was a major [BAD WORD] problem with this perk lol

    All I'm saying is that it can't be any longer because then it steps into old DS territory and that is never allowed to happen. The devs say they tried 2 mins internally and it went there so yeah, glad they didn't go through with that in the final version.

    Isn't Tyde a both type of main? I know he typically complains about issues for the killer base, but I see him playing both. I think it would depend on positioning, though you technically have a chance if you aren't downed immediately. I'm not sure about making it longer. I've seen people suggesting making it like BT where it could be used twice per match if the killer chooses to tunnel. I've also heard concerns about the affects it could have on perks for creating a new obsession with every use, though I'm guessing it was made this way so that anyone can use it. We'll have to see how it goes in the PTB.

  • To be honest the nerf sucks 60 seconds isn't enough because you either get healed or slugged then that's it for the perk but go ahead nerf more survivor perks so more quit
  • Its not just Tyde, I've seen others float the suggestion about the timer needing to be increased.

    Myself and @Blueberry think if anything it should be 10-20 seconds lower.

    The devs have tested 2 mins though and they say it's not good, as I would expect. So yeah blueberry I think we have been proven right here lol
  • Here’s the problem with the timer as it is:

    • Survivor heads to hook for the save and gets smacked while doing so. (potato survivor camping the hook)
    • Injured survivor unhooks hooked survivor, and I smack the potato performing the unsafe unhook. (potato is now in dying state)
    • I leave the potato slugged, and chase the unhooked survivor. Anything else would be stupid on my part. I am not tunneling, as I clearly got 2 hits on the potato, and downed him/her.
    • I down the unhooked survivor, who now has DS activated.

    How is this fair? If I down any survivor other than the one that was unhooked, DS should immediately be deactivated.

  • @The_Crusader said:
    Its not just Tyde, I've seen others float the suggestion about the timer needing to be increased.

    Myself and @Blueberry think if anything it should be 10-20 seconds lower.

    The devs have tested 2 mins though and they say it's not good, as I would expect. So yeah blueberry I think we have been proven right here lol

    I'd like to hope they lower it some but I honestly can't see it happening. They seem pretty set on that minute.

  • Kaelum said:

    Here’s the problem with the timer as it is:

    • Survivor heads to hook for the save and gets smacked while doing so. (potato survivor camping the hook)
    • Injured survivor unhooks hooked survivor, and I smack the potato performing the unsafe unhook. (potato is now in dying state)
    • I leave the potato slugged, and chase the unhooked survivor. Anything else would be stupid on my part. I am not tunneling, as I clearly got 2 hits on the potato, and downed him/her.
    • I down the unhooked survivor, who now has DS activated.

    How is this fair? If I down any survivor other than the one that was unhooked, DS should immediately be deactivated.

    Exactly. What we have now is better than before possibly but the perk really should have been erased alltogether.

    I cant believe some people are acting like they've been treat unfairly by having the most bullshit perk in existence nerfed a little bit.
  • @Kaelum said:
    Here’s the problem with the timer as it is:

    • Survivor heads to hook for the save and gets smacked while doing so. (potato survivor camping the hook)
    • Injured survivor unhooks hooked survivor, and I smack the potato performing the unsafe unhook. (potato is now in dying state)
    • I leave the potato slugged, and chase the unhooked survivor. Anything else would be stupid on my part. I am not tunneling, as I clearly got 2 hits on the potato, and downed him/her.
    • I down the unhooked survivor, who now has DS activated.

    How is this fair? If I down any survivor other than the one that was unhooked, DS should immediately be deactivated.

    I agree with this totally and see the same issue happening. As soon as a survivor other than the one unhooked goes down any activated DS should be deactivated because that immediately means they weren't tunneled.

  • I'm surprised Tydetyme asked for it to be longer, he's always come across as a killer main.

    You have 60 seconds from unhook. You can spend 15-20 seconds running to the edge of the map, and do a 40 second self-care with mangled applied in that time. It's actually far beyond what you need. What kind of tunneling killer ever gives a survivor that much time? they always go for the tunnel before you're healed.

    If you get unhooked as survivor and someone heals you with We'll Make It, you'd have like 40 seconds of immunity that you don't even need.

    I mean you've got....

    • not_queen announcing a blog post
    • The blog post
    • A follow up Q&A
    • A new Q&A today from Patricia
    • Tydetyme made a vid
    • Truetalent did a reaction video and he never does that
    • Ardetha made a video
    • People joining the forums just to comment on it
    • An entire front page of the forums filled with threads about this new change

    Does anyone think there would be this kind of reaction if Botany or Spine chill got changed? no. The fact that DS has drawn this much attention tells you that there was a major [BAD WORD] problem with this perk lol

    All I'm saying is that it can't be any longer because then it steps into old DS territory and that is never allowed to happen. The devs say they tried 2 mins internally and it went there so yeah, glad they didn't go through with that in the final version.

    I think he consider the tunneling and camping as the toxic behavior. He really hates that.
  • @twistedmonkey said:
    I agree, infact it may be a bit long, maybe 45 seconds would be better.

    If a killer is going to tunnel you they are probably close enough to the hook, I fear 60 seconds may punish those who dont actually tunnel and run into them by mistake looking for the one who unhooked.

    This pretty much. Also a fast killer can down two people within 60 seconds. So the unhooked person did not even get tunneled but just downed again within 60 seconds.

  • @The_Crusader said:
    I'm surprised Tydetyme asked for it to be longer, he's always come across as a killer main.

    You have 60 seconds from unhook. You can spend 15-20 seconds running to the edge of the map, and do a 40 second self-care with mangled applied in that time. It's actually far beyond what you need. What kind of tunneling killer ever gives a survivor that much time? they always go for the tunnel before you're healed.

    If you get unhooked as survivor and someone heals you with We'll Make It, you'd have like 40 seconds of immunity that you don't even need.

    I mean you've got....

    • not_queen announcing a blog post
    • The blog post
    • A follow up Q&A
    • A new Q&A today from Patricia
    • Tydetyme made a vid
    • Truetalent did a reaction video and he never does that
    • Ardetha made a video
    • People joining the forums just to comment on it
    • An entire front page of the forums filled with threads about this new change

    Does anyone think there would be this kind of reaction if Botany or Spine chill got changed? no. The fact that DS has drawn this much attention tells you that there was a major [BAD WORD] problem with this perk lol

    All I'm saying is that it can't be any longer because then it steps into old DS territory and that is never allowed to happen. The devs say they tried 2 mins internally and it went there so yeah, glad they didn't go through with that in the final version.

    Tydetime is a nothing-main since he's straight up bad at the game considering how much he plays it.

  • @Paddy4583 said:
    Yep and he thinks everything the Devs do or change is because of his ideas and influence.

    So he thinks that BHVR doesn't exist independently of him? That's some ego.

  • @Orion said:

    @Paddy4583 said:
    Yep and he thinks everything the Devs do or change is because of his ideas and influence.

    So he thinks that BHVR doesn't exist independently of him? That's some ego.

    maybe he thinks that because he's as bad as most of the devs.

    In those terms he would be mathieu cote's right hand.

  • Blueberry said:

    @The_Crusader said:
    I'm surprised Tydetyme asked for it to be longer, he's always come across as a killer main.

    You have 60 seconds from unhook. You can spend 15-20 seconds running to the edge of the map, and do a 40 second self-care with mangled applied in that time. It's actually far beyond what you need. What kind of tunneling killer ever gives a survivor that much time? they always go for the tunnel before you're healed.

    If you get unhooked as survivor and someone heals you with We'll Make It, you'd have like 40 seconds of immunity that you don't even need.

    I mean you've got....

    • not_queen announcing a blog post
    • The blog post
    • A follow up Q&A
    • A new Q&A today from Patricia
    • Tydetyme made a vid
    • Truetalent did a reaction video and he never does that
    • Ardetha made a video
    • People joining the forums just to comment on it
    • An entire front page of the forums filled with threads about this new change

    Does anyone think there would be this kind of reaction if Botany or Spine chill got changed? no. The fact that DS has drawn this much attention tells you that there was a major [BAD WORD] problem with this perk lol

    All I'm saying is that it can't be any longer because then it steps into old DS territory and that is never allowed to happen. The devs say they tried 2 mins internally and it went there so yeah, glad they didn't go through with that in the final version.

    The fact that they even thought 2 minutes was worth considering to be tested says a lot about their thought process in balancing and that is just terrifying. 2 minutes shouldn't have even made it on the whiteboard.

    Just here to remind everyone that during Wraith rework they tested him being colorblind. Bad ideas aren't a big surprise.