Who is or has recently stopped playing and why?

I want to give the community a thread to express why they have stopped playing or why they plan to stop playing - from both killer and survivor mains.

Personally, when 2v8 ends, it is very unlikely I will boot up again until the next 2v8. While 2 killers 1 survivor is not fun, the mode IMO is still more enjoyable than 1v4. I am scared to see what these 57 perks they are changing will be and what damage they will cause this time all in the name of diminishing returns which had very little effect on the game.

The MMR changes missed the mark.

The repeated broken promises over the last year and a half are unbelievable.

The Judgment was less than thought out all while trying to gaslight the community into the "well you designed it" belief. No, we did not design this.

Overall, I just don't have fun on survivor anymore. Killer is absolutely boring because it's just too easy especially now with the MMR changes.

These are just my opinions that I am voicing while giving the opportunity for other people to do the same. Not really here for a debate. Maybe the devs will read through this and see all voices in one place then maybe actually listen to some of it. I feel like its a futile attempt but there was a point where I loved this game and I would like that to come back.

Comments

  • @Your_Dad_Playing_DbD said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4118595#Comment_4118595

    Nobody is “dominating” as killer after a few hours of play. I’ve been playing killer for a long time and I consistently face good survivors that provide plenty of challenge.

    How are you coming to this conclusion? Are you dominating as killer yourself? I’d be curious to see your hours played as killer and kill rate stats if you’re willing to share.

    How are you coming to this conclusion? Are you dominating as killer yourself? I’d be curious to see your hours played as killer and kill rate stats if you’re willing to share.

    What's the end goal of the questions?

    @cogsturning and @vol4r posted their stats above. This is one of the classic forum dodges of one sided demands for proof. And when people actually step up with proof, it usually leads to either goal post moving or other side steps to avoid it.

    What's your definition of consistently face? What's your kill rate on various killers being you're asking others?

  • @crogers271 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4118745#Comment_4118745

    How are you coming to this conclusion? Are you dominating as killer yourself? I’d be curious to see your hours played as killer and kill rate stats if you’re willing to share.

    What's the end goal of the questions?

    @cogsturning and @vol4r posted their stats above. This is one of the classic forum dodges of one sided demands for proof. And when people actually step up with proof, it usually leads to either goal post moving or other side steps to avoid it.

    What's your definition of consistently face? What's your kill rate on various killers being you're asking others?

    The end goal for me is trying to distinguish between who is here to have a good faith discussion about balance vs who is saying things that obviously aren’t true just to poke at the side they don’t like. People can decide if they want to share their stats to show how much they play both sides - I really don’t care. But I can respect the opinions of those like the ones you mention above because, even if I disagree with them, if I know they’re being sincere and they can back up what they say.

    And I’m happy to share my stats any time. Just a casual player who hovers around the average on both sides. I’m certainly not consistently stomping survivor teams like some claim is so easy to do for anyone with just a few hours experience:

    blob:https://forums.bhvr.com/b3d3af8c-f57b-43ba-bb90-71f1e023baf6 There was an error displaying this embed.
  • @Your_Dad_Playing_DbD said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4118795#Comment_4118795

    The end goal for me is trying to distinguish between who is here to have a good faith discussion about balance vs who is saying things that obviously aren’t true just to poke at the side they don’t like. People can decide if they want to share their stats to show how much they play both sides - I really don’t care. But I can respect the opinions of those like the ones you mention above because, even if I disagree with them, if I know they’re being sincere and they can back up what they say.

    And I’m happy to share my stats any time. Just a casual player who hovers around the average on both sides. I’m certainly not consistently stomping survivor teams like some claim is so easy to do for anyone with just a few hours experience:

    unsafe:blob:https://forums.bhvr.com/b3d3af8c-f57b-43ba-bb90-71f1e023baf6

    The end goal for me is trying to distinguish between who is here to have a good faith discussion about balance vs who is saying things that obviously aren’t true just to poke at the side they don’t like.

    This sounds like the opposite of good faith. You're demanding people provide something and, if they do, it doesn't have any meaning.

    You're also only asking this of people who disagree with you.

    But I can respect the opinions of those like the ones you mention above because,

    But its not an opinion, its a factual statement. You're denying that a thing exists, and then when some people provide their evidence that it does, you just move on. 'Respect' is not a discussion.

    Also I don't think the stats posted correctly, though given the stat page really only kinda works for one side of the game it creates its own issue.

    You also don't lay out your definitions. What's consistently? How often does someone need to face 'good' survivors for it to count? What exactly do survivors have to do to qualify as good?

  • @crogers271 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4118805#Comment_4118805

    The end goal for me is trying to distinguish between who is here to have a good faith discussion about balance vs who is saying things that obviously aren’t true just to poke at the side they don’t like.

    This sounds like the opposite of good faith. You're demanding people provide something and, if they do, it doesn't have any meaning.

    You're also only asking this of people who disagree with you.

    But I can respect the opinions of those like the ones you mention above because,

    But its not an opinion, its a factual statement. You're denying that a thing exists, and then when some people provide their evidence that it does, you just move on. 'Respect' is not a discussion.

    Also I don't think the stats posted correctly, though given the stat page really only kinda works for one side of the game it creates its own issue.

    You also don't lay out your definitions. What's consistently? How often does someone need to face 'good' survivors for it to count? What exactly do survivors have to do to qualify as good?

    You’re asking me things that are inherently subjective. I’m not asking that of anybody - I’m simply asking them “do you actually play killer?” and “how many hours?” which isn’t something subjective that can be debated. I honestly don’t even care what their kill rates are because the fact that most don’t even answer the first question tells me everything I need to know. For the players that share their stats, like the ones you mentioned above, I respect their opinions even when I disagree because I at least know that they are taking into account how buffs to one side will negatively impact the other.

    I’m not trying to deny that anyone has a bad experience playing survivor. Many of my solo queue games are miserable, though it’s far more often due to bad teammates than the killer being too oppressive. A lot of people come here and claim that their side is too weak and other side too strong and demand buffs for their side/nerfs for the other (it happens with “killer mains” too, although not as often). I’m trying to understand who is actually considering the negative impacts to the other side and who is not. It’s not any more complicated than that.

  • @Your_Dad_Playing_DbD said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4118826#Comment_4118826

    You’re asking me things that are inherently subjective. I’m not asking that of anybody - I’m simply asking them “do you actually play killer?” and “how many hours?” which isn’t something subjective that can be debated. I honestly don’t even care what their kill rates are because the fact that most don’t even answer the first question tells me everything I need to know. For the players that share their stats, like the ones you mentioned above, I respect their opinions even when I disagree because I at least know that they are taking into account how buffs to one side will negatively impact the other.

    I’m not trying to deny that anyone has a bad experience playing survivor. Many of my solo queue games are miserable, though it’s far more often due to bad teammates than the killer being too oppressive. A lot of people come here and claim that their side is too weak and other side too strong and demand buffs for their side/nerfs for the other (it happens with “killer mains” too, although not as often). I’m trying to understand who is actually considering the negative impacts to the other side and who is not. It’s not any more complicated than that.

    image.png

    Given a bit more time and effort I could even do this with a video of the site being refreshed, it would even have the correct url. Just run a website locally with copied html and the desired modifications and an update to the hosts file so that the stats page url resolves to the local site. I like seeing other players stats because I love stats on this game and it gives me a view into their experience that could be different to mine but I can also get that from what they type out. Both have to be treated with the same skepticism of anything on the internet and there are valid reasons someone may not want to share their stats.

    You say bad teammates but I think many players say that without actually looking at their own gameplay and have become conditioned to do so by killer main streamers that do the same thing. I've been jumping around to random streams watching the PTB and saw one semi-prominent killer main moaning that a teammate wasted ~15 seconds following them and trying to heal them with their healing build (the heal took moments). That same streamer spent multiple minutes circling both the top and bottom of Gideon looking for a hex totem, the streamer contributed a grand total of maybe 50% of a gen, a hex cleanese, and three mediocre chases. The healer played far better than them but the streamer blamed the healer more than themself. If I see a TTV in my lobby I will watch the match back from their perspective whether teammate or opponent, its wildly common to see them standing around doing nothing while blaming their teammates.

  • Considering stopping because honestly? Tik tok as a platform for multiplayer games in general but ESPECIALLY DBD has made discussion around balance and meta itself toxic and exhausting. The breed of players brought over from that platform only further flared up the tribalism between killer mains and survivor mains as if people can't just try both roles like good god don't even get me started on the engagement bait videos and custom game rage farming where people "bully" killers with perks that so happen to be right for the situation.

  • @Your_Dad_Playing_DbD said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4118795#Comment_4118795

    The end goal for me is trying to distinguish between who is here to have a good faith discussion about balance vs who is saying things that obviously aren’t true just to poke at the side they don’t like. People can decide if they want to share their stats to show how much they play both sides - I really don’t care. But I can respect the opinions of those like the ones you mention above because, even if I disagree with them, if I know they’re being sincere and they can back up what they say.

    And I’m happy to share my stats any time. Just a casual player who hovers around the average on both sides. I’m certainly not consistently stomping survivor teams like some claim is so easy to do for anyone with just a few hours experience:

    unsafe:blob:https://forums.bhvr.com/b3d3af8c-f57b-43ba-bb90-71f1e023baf6

    I'm curious why you don't seem to ask this of the killer hardliners of the form though. There are people here I could name that constantly do nothing but complain about the killer side and how strong survivor side. Why aren't they under equal scrutiny? I see a lot of people ask the "do you even play killer??" I get hit with it constantly, along with accusations that I pretend to play the role. But the opposite question seems rarely asked. Why does killer experience seem to out weigh survivor experience?

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4118805#Comment_4118805

    I'm curious why you don't seem to ask this of the killer hardliners of the form though. There are people here I could name that constantly do nothing but complain about the killer side and how strong survivor side. Why aren't they under equal scrutiny? I see a lot of people ask the "do you even play killer??" I get hit with it constantly, along with accusations that I pretend to play the role. But the opposite question seems rarely asked. Why does killer experience seem to out weigh survivor experience?

    Has someone here recently claimed that survivor is super easy to play with minimal experience? If they have, I haven’t seen it. If you want to point me to some recent comments like this I’ll be happy to ask.

  • @Your_Dad_Playing_DbD said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4118952#Comment_4118952

    Has someone here recently claimed that survivor is super easy to play with minimal experience? If they have, I haven’t seen it. If you want to point me to some recent comments like this I’ll be happy to ask.

    Again, I'm not going to name people. Pretty sure that's against the rules. But it's a regular thing amongst the usual suspects. The forum killer mains will say survivor is too easy or braindead and that it plays itself, or that the game is super duper survivor sided, only to post their ridiculously high kill rates in another thread. Some have never posted any stats that I've seen, which kinda says more to me than anything. Some regular whiners turn out to simply be low hour players repeating what they've heard.

    But the focus always seems to be on how killers feel, as though those players have more say in how the game should be. It's been a consistent narrative in the forum. Even the concept of killer anxiety is specific to one side and is constantly used as an excuse for things. It's a little different now because survivor is going through a giganerf but it'll be business as usual again soon.

  • After 2vs8 leaves I will play less. My friends also like the game so I continue to play with them. But soloQ survivor I will try to avoid as much as possible. That wasn't case before but killers are just so strong now.

    Dead by daylight is just still the best asymetrical game in horror genre. It's like fortnite so it won't die in long time and will keep having players and new content. So even it has gotten worse over the years there isn't another better alternative.

    TCM was pretty decent but it died quickly and still it just had one licence. Friday 13th was peak but unfortunately gun stopped developing it and the servers were shutdown. New halloween game doesn't seem that interesting either. So Dbd just don't have any real challengers I could switch to.

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4118989#Comment_4118989

    Again, I'm not going to name people. Pretty sure that's against the rules. But it's a regular thing amongst the usual suspects. The forum killer mains will say survivor is too easy or braindead and that it plays itself, or that the game is super duper survivor sided, only to post their ridiculously high kill rates in another thread. Some have never posted any stats that I've seen, which kinda says more to me than anything. Some regular whiners turn out to simply be low hour players repeating what they've heard.

    But the focus always seems to be on how killers feel, as though those players have more say in how the game should be. It's been a consistent narrative in the forum. Even the concept of killer anxiety is specific to one side and is constantly used as an excuse for things. It's a little different now because survivor is going through a giganerf but it'll be business as usual again soon.

    Its because some people here dont care about winning on survivor and would never put in the hard work to sweat on it.

    Of course you think survivor is fun if you run a meme build and laugh as you die at four gens.

    Whats annoying is that some of the same people will constantly push the killer underdog narrative because thats the role they actually try on and constantly beg for nerfs and parrot CC opinions to the T.

    It makes a lot of discussion pointless off the rip, especially if you try to voice any survivor related complaint at all. And totally why I find 'both sides' players here largely disingenuous.

  • @Wyndsor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4119022#Comment_4119022

    Its because some people here dont care about winning on survivor and would never put in the hard work to sweat on it.

    Of course you think survivor is fun if you run a meme build and laugh as you die at four gens.

    Whats annoying is that some of the same people will constantly push the killer underdog narrative because thats the role they actually try on and constantly beg for nerfs and parrot CC opinions to the T.

    It makes a lot of discussion pointless off the rip, especially if you try to voice any survivor related complaint at all. And totally why I find 'both sides' players here largely disingenuous.

    Yeah I've seen quite a few of these people express that they don't care if they die on survivor and just want to have chill matches, whatever that means. I'm trying to win at both roles and if you aren't then we aren't talking about the same thing.

  • @Wyndsor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4119022#Comment_4119022

    Its because some people here dont care about winning on survivor and would never put in the hard work to sweat on it.

    Of course you think survivor is fun if you run a meme build and laugh as you die at four gens.

    Whats annoying is that some of the same people will constantly push the killer underdog narrative because thats the role they actually try on and constantly beg for nerfs and parrot CC opinions to the T.

    It makes a lot of discussion pointless off the rip, especially if you try to voice any survivor related complaint at all. And totally why I find 'both sides' players here largely disingenuous.

    I’ll speak for myself and say that I absolutely care about winning on the survivor side. I just feel like survivor isn’t overly difficult or underpowered because I’ve had plenty of fun matches in solo queue, so I know it’s very possible to have fun and win (sometimes win very easily) when you have decent teammates who know how to play the game. As I’ve said many times before, most of my miserable matches have been due to bad teammates and not overly oppressive killers.

    This is what has led me to the conclusion that there is not a fundamental imbalance between the strength of the killer and survivors roles, and why I voice my disagreement when others say that there is. I also play a lot of killer and I also don’t feel like that role is overly oppressive, at least based on my experience. I’ve posted my stats and shown that I’m a little over the average 60% kill rate (overall total “lifetime” across all killers). Many of my killer matches feel plenty challenging, thus my opposition to further survivor buffs/killer nerfs.

    I very much respect the opinions of those who disagree when they base their disagreement on actual experience in both roles. I know some of them are way better killer players than I am and have extremely high kill rates, so I can understand why they believe killer side needs to be nerfed. But I will always challenge opinions from players who demand nerfs for one side without any regard for the experience of the other side that they don’t play, especially when they claim that a certain role is extremely easy while they actually don’t have any experience to back it up. Those are the most “disingenuous” opinions that I see here.

  • @Your_Dad_Playing_DbD said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4119081#Comment_4119081

    I’ll speak for myself and say that I absolutely care about winning on the survivor side. I just feel like survivor isn’t overly difficult or underpowered because I’ve had plenty of fun matches in solo queue, so I know it’s very possible to have fun and win (sometimes win very easily) when you have decent teammates who know how to play the game. As I’ve said many times before, most of my miserable matches have been due to bad teammates and not overly oppressive killers.

    This is what has led me to the conclusion that there is not a fundamental imbalance between the strength of the killer and survivors roles, and why I voice my disagreement when others say that there is. I also play a lot of killer and I also don’t feel like that role is overly oppressive, at least based on my experience. I’ve posted my stats and shown that I’m a little over the average 60% kill rate (overall total “lifetime” across all killers). Many of my killer matches feel plenty challenging, thus my opposition to further survivor buffs/killer nerfs.

    I very much respect the opinions of those who disagree when they base their disagreement on actual experience in both roles. I know some of them are way better killer players than I am and have extremely high kill rates, so I can understand why they believe killer side needs to be nerfed. But I will always challenge opinions from players who demand nerfs for one side without any regard for the experience of the other side that they don’t play, especially when they claim that a certain role is extremely easy while they actually don’t have any experience to back it up. Those are the most “disingenuous” opinions that I see here.

    The problem with your line of thinking is that you have a clear bias for killer that for some reason you pretend doesnt exist because you play both sides.

    You also seem to fundamentally miss that survivor isnt unfun because its underpowered but because agency and skill expression keep getting neutered while killer gets the opposite every patch.

    This leads to predictable boring games that lead to the feeling of being helpless.

    There is no fun in getting kneecapped then constantly going against swiss army knife killer design philosophy of recent.

    I also feel like it comes across as victim blaming to say survivors are their own worst enemy. The killer definitely plays a large role in survivor games being unfun.

  • @Wyndsor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4119113#Comment_4119113

    The problem with your line of thinking is that you have a clear bias for killer that for some reason you pretend doesnt exist because you play both sides.

    You also seem to fundamentally miss that survivor isnt unfun because its underpowered but because agency and skill expression keep getting neutered while killer gets the opposite every patch.

    This leads to predictable boring games that lead to the feeling of being helpless.

    There is no fun in getting kneecapped then constantly going against swiss army knife killer design philosophy of recent.

    I also feel like it comes across as victim blaming to say survivors are their own worst enemy. The killer definitely plays a large role in survivor games being unfun.

    If we’re going to play the “well you’re just biased” game, then I will point out that I have never once seen you post anything positive or anything even remotely favorable or in defense of the killer side. You can look back at my post history and see that there are plenty of times where I have stuck up for the survivor side or pointed out when certain killers or killer perks have been broken. So your bias is ok, but my alleged bias is not?

    I am being sincere when I say that I really am trying to understand where you and others with similar opinions are coming from. But you tend to take an “us vs them” approach which tells me that you are not trying to understand the view of the other side but rather demonize the other side as always being the bad guy and “killer mains” not wanting you or other survivor players to have any fun. Yeah, there are probably some killer-only players that are like that, but I think a majority of killer players play both sides and thus want the game to be well-balanced for both sides. I certainly don’t want a consistently miserable survivor experience either.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Strange_Quark said:

    sad 2 see so many people not having fun…maybe i made a mistake buying the game rn 😓

    The game can be quite fun in the beginning, specially when you focus more or learning than winning or losing. Try to find some friends to play with and your will experience will be even better.

  • @Your_Dad_Playing_DbD said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4118595#Comment_4118595

    Nobody is “dominating” as killer after a few hours of play. I’ve been playing killer for a long time and I consistently face good survivors that provide plenty of challenge.

    How are you coming to this conclusion? Are you dominating as killer yourself? I’d be curious to see your hours played as killer and kill rate stats if you’re willing to share.

    This a common trend here. People have been saying that "killer is easier than ever" but as far as i know, people who plays killer regularly aren't having an easy time against decent survivors, specially if they are playing lower tier killers. I wonder if this is something related to regions, time of the day or whatever it might be.

  • @Rickprado said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4118745#Comment_4118745

    This a common trend here. People have been saying that "killer is easier than ever" but as far as i know, people who plays killer regularly aren't having an easy time against decent survivors, specially if they are playing lower tier killers. I wonder if this is something related to regions, time of the day or whatever it might be.

    from my experience - ive only dominated in games - or been dominated in games when either I am facing survivors that seem to not understand base game mechanics, OR my teammates seem to lack knowledge of base game mechanics (like mending when in deep wound, knowing the space bar is used in skill checks and not an auto-explode they see, running in a straight line from killer, and unhooking before i reach 2nd stage (or legit dying on 1st hook w/ 0 killer nearby)

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Strange_Quark said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4119189#Comment_4119189

    but no offense y would i want to do that if id eventually end up like evryone here?

    this game is in a very poor state right now for any casual players whether you want to play killer or survivor. there's a very very steep learning curve just for basic game knowledge and even though the actual marketing and draw of the game is "survive a killer" it's basically just cat and mouse atp, horror has been largely stripped from the game in about every way possible.

    It kind of comes down to whether you want a competitive game of cat and mouse with a horror theme or a more horror centered experience. if you want the former, DBD is fine right now, if you want the latter it's not worth the time investment at all imo.

  • @Strange_Quark said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4119189#Comment_4119189

    but no offense y would i want to do that if id eventually end up like evryone here?

    Hahahahaha so true. We are all miserable. I was my happiest when I wasn't inolved with the community and just played the game and had fun. I don't have fun anymore. I just watch my numbers change and stress over them.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Rickprado said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4118745#Comment_4118745

    This a common trend here. People have been saying that "killer is easier than ever" but as far as i know, people who plays killer regularly aren't having an easy time against decent survivors, specially if they are playing lower tier killers. I wonder if this is something related to regions, time of the day or whatever it might be.

    "Easier than ever" doesn't mean just plain easy. There's no more gen tapping, no more infinites, no more insta completing BNPs, anti-tunnel keeps getting nerfs, and every new killer that drops is powerful, which is a big part of it. Add in the recent nerfs to survivor meta and the ones on the horizon and it is indeed easier than ever—and about to get easier.

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4119193#Comment_4119193

    "Easier than ever" doesn't mean just plain easy. There's no more gen tapping, no more infinites, no more insta completing BNPs, anti-tunnel keeps getting nerfs, and every new killer that drops is powerful, which is a big part of it. Add in the recent nerfs to survivor meta and the ones on the horizon and it is indeed easier than ever—and about to get easier.

    How easy can it get?

    Maybe, the goal posts just will keep moving?

    Like another survivor perk or playstyle will be disabled, and branded as new problem.

  • I quit because of the queue times. For the last two years, waiting to play any of the characters I own has been abysmal.

    I've put in a lot of survivor time over that stretch, but I got tired of not being able to just sit down and binge killer on any given day, especially during split queues.

    They say they respect your time… really? B/c now I regret buying any DLC that included a killer.

    Everything else is secondary if I'm not willing to wait to play a match.

  • @Rickprado said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4118745#Comment_4118745

    This a common trend here. People have been saying that "killer is easier than ever" but as far as i know, people who plays killer regularly aren't having an easy time against decent survivors, specially if they are playing lower tier killers. I wonder if this is something related to regions, time of the day or whatever it might be.

    Should you have an "easy time" against decent opponents though? Genuine question. Maybe it's a sign of my age (older millennial, been gaming for a long time) but I've always felt like the better player should win. Or at least be harder to win against. And that goes for both roles btw.

  • @Strange_Quark said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4119189#Comment_4119189

    but no offense y would i want to do that if id eventually end up like evryone here?

    We're all jaded and miserable. Run while you can

  • @Strange_Quark said:

    sad 2 see so many people not having fun…maybe i made a mistake buying the game rn 😓

    There's no light at the end of this tunnel. The game gets worse as you play it, somehow. Each time you lose, your instinct is to look at what other people are using as perks and then buy the characters behind the perks, then grind to get them usable on other characters. By a few hundred hours, you've spent too much money and time into the game that it's hard to drop. That's how this game's design is. That's why many folks especially here are miserable, they don't actually want to play the game but they sunk too much on it. It's like worthless property.

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4119193#Comment_4119193

    "Easier than ever" doesn't mean just plain easy. There's no more gen tapping, no more infinites, no more insta completing BNPs, anti-tunnel keeps getting nerfs, and every new killer that drops is powerful, which is a big part of it. Add in the recent nerfs to survivor meta and the ones on the horizon and it is indeed easier than ever—and about to get easier.

    Easier was a way to say it, but people have been calling "easy", usually "so easy that its boring". Many here say this.

    Yeah but we need to remember that now killers have to deal with Basekit Endurance - now with elusive -, anti-camp system, a strong meta - even after nerfs, specially in healing and gen speed -, no more hook grabs, 8 gen kick limit, nerf in perks like Pain Ressonance, Pop, Ruin, Dead Man Switch, Eruption, Call of Brine, etc. Also, some cheese builds got destroyed, like old Spirit with her addons, Starstruck Nurse, Forever Freddy, etc etc

    Survivor got a lot better and know how to use their resources much more than years ago. Even a common lobby have at least one good looper - and we need to remember that when both sides are experienced, things tend to be stronger on the survivor side.

    People tend to exaggerate on how "easier" killer is just because they don't have to deal with OG Decisive and OG Dead Hard but survivor got a lot of buffs, QoL and new perks in the recent years.

  • @Nazzzak said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4119193#Comment_4119193

    Should you have an "easy time" against decent opponents though? Genuine question. Maybe it's a sign of my age (older millennial, been gaming for a long time) but I've always felt like the better player should win. Or at least be harder to win against. And that goes for both roles btw.

    Of course not. If both sides are equally skilled, both sides should have to earn the victory. If you are going against a decent survivor team and you are a decent killer player, the match shouldn't be easy, as it shouldn't be impossible to win. Now, if you are a decent killer player going against very bad survivor, then of course you will win, even with very weak killers.

    No, you shouldn't have an "easy victory", as many claim here that they have when they play killer. That's what i'm addressing.

  • @Strange_Quark said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4119189#Comment_4119189

    but no offense y would i want to do that if id eventually end up like evryone here?

    I still have fun in the game, that why i'm playing. If i hadn't, i would be away from DBD asap. I know people with 13k hours of playtime who still love this game and play it everyday.

    I really don't understand the issue and how some people can be so miserable with the game and still be attached to it. For both roles i still have fun, even if i take some breaks here and there when a good game releases or if i just get tired of the game.

  • @Your_Dad_Playing_DbD said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4119150#Comment_4119150

    If we’re going to play the “well you’re just biased” game, then I will point out that I have never once seen you post anything positive or anything even remotely favorable or in defense of the killer side. You can look back at my post history and see that there are plenty of times where I have stuck up for the survivor side or pointed out when certain killers or killer perks have been broken. So your bias is ok, but my alleged bias is not?

    I am being sincere when I say that I really am trying to understand where you and others with similar opinions are coming from. But you tend to take an “us vs them” approach which tells me that you are not trying to understand the view of the other side but rather demonize the other side as always being the bad guy and “killer mains” not wanting you or other survivor players to have any fun. Yeah, there are probably some killer-only players that are like that, but I think a majority of killer players play both sides and thus want the game to be well-balanced for both sides. I certainly don’t want a consistently miserable survivor experience either.

    If you're expecting me to make 'tbagging is bad guys :(' posts you're asking the wrong person. It should go without question that bad manners aren't acceptable and I consider such topics to be redundant at best and karma-farming at worst.

    Killer has its issues, but none of them are currently egregious and I don't believe that equal attention needs to be given to both roles. If I feel like there is a big issue affecting killer I will say as much. I never claim to speak objectively.

    There are more viable killers than ever including both M1 or otherwise except maybe at a level where less than 100 people play in consistently.

    Up until the coming patch, killers have enjoyed a variety of meta builds including four hex or four slowdowns, that's more than enough variety for competitive mmr's and tons of killers.

    Nothing more needs to be said on that front.

    You are still failing to grasp why survivor is currently miserable, it has nothing to do with if you can win but how you must win in the current game. However anytime a survivor tries to discuss this (or any complaint really,) the thread is immediately inundated with the same trite responses from the usual crowd.


    Not all killer mains but always a killer main.

  • @Wyndsor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4119022#Comment_4119022

    Its because some people here dont care about winning on survivor and would never put in the hard work to sweat on it.

    Of course you think survivor is fun if you run a meme build and laugh as you die at four gens.

    Whats annoying is that some of the same people will constantly push the killer underdog narrative because thats the role they actually try on and constantly beg for nerfs and parrot CC opinions to the T.

    It makes a lot of discussion pointless off the rip, especially if you try to voice any survivor related complaint at all. And totally why I find 'both sides' players here largely disingenuous.

    But if you want to sweat on survivor you form an Swf with meta perks, which most agrees its the strongest thing in this game. Do you want to sweat on SoloQ?

  • @Rickprado said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4119263#Comment_4119263

    Easier was a way to say it, but people have been calling "easy", usually "so easy that its boring". Many here say this.

    Yeah but we need to remember that now killers have to deal with Basekit Endurance - now with elusive -, anti-camp system, a strong meta - even after nerfs, specially in healing and gen speed -, no more hook grabs, 8 gen kick limit, nerf in perks like Pain Ressonance, Pop, Ruin, Dead Man Switch, Eruption, Call of Brine, etc. Also, some cheese builds got destroyed, like old Spirit with her addons, Starstruck Nurse, Forever Freddy, etc etc

    Survivor got a lot better and know how to use their resources much more than years ago. Even a common lobby have at least one good looper - and we need to remember that when both sides are experienced, things tend to be stronger on the survivor side.

    People tend to exaggerate on how "easier" killer is just because they don't have to deal with OG Decisive and OG Dead Hard but survivor got a lot of buffs, QoL and new perks in the recent years.

    Sure, both sides gets things and loose things. But there's a reason SB and WoO were still top 10 most used perks. Same with nerfed DS and DH. The better survivor perks came out years ago. Little has changed. StB the burden was probably the last big meta perk. I guess 5MA but that's just WoO 2.0. And both of those are set for nerfs. Basekit Endurance just got nerfed and is easy for many killers to eat right through. Same with DS. The moment I recover from a DS stun, the user is down again. That's because I play a modern strong killer. The big difference with killer and survivor is that strong killers keep coming out while the survivor meta stays mostly the same, even with nerfs. I don't think killer is easy. I was fighting for my life before the MMR rework but it is "easier than ever" to win more than you lose if you play nearly any killer released in the last couple years with meta perks.

    and we need to remember that when both sides are experienced, things tend to be stronger on the survivor side.

    I don't really believe this unless all four of the players are exceptional. In that case, yes, four exceptional people working together should win most of the time. But it seems like survivor is still called strong no matter how many nerfs they receive. Even now with nerf after nerf after nerf you're saying it. When does this stop being repeated? When survivors are perkless? When there are three pallets on the map? When every map is Fallen Refuge?

  • played since 2018 and I was 50/50 killer survivor but eventually only played survivor, my friends slowly stopped playing, I stopped playing early 2026 because of solo queue being miserable, I came back to play 1 game of solo queue last week to give the game a chance only to get matched against a ttv twins who slugged and bragged about only how he only lost one match the entire day, I uninstalled and won't play again. Its far better to watch people play dbd than to play it.

  • @Rickprado said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4118745#Comment_4118745

    This a common trend here. People have been saying that "killer is easier than ever" but as far as i know, people who plays killer regularly aren't having an easy time against decent survivors, specially if they are playing lower tier killers. I wonder if this is something related to regions, time of the day or whatever it might be.

    That's what I said, so I feel like you are talking about me.
    I will not agree that survivior is easier role, because you must consider a lot of things - strong killer roster (every new killer is strong in my opinion, you might get teammates out of your skill level, people do give up or DC etc.

    I am from Europe, which is considered "the sweatiest" region.

    In all those games "escaped icons" are the disconnects.
    Only one person escaped me through the gate - Lara on the game.

    image.png image.png image.png

    As you can see - I do not even play S/A tier killers.

    Those are my past 30 day games.

  • @Wyndsor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4119169#Comment_4119169

    If you're expecting me to make 'tbagging is bad guys :(' posts you're asking the wrong person. It should go without question that bad manners aren't acceptable and I consider such topics to be redundant at best and karma-farming at worst.

    Killer has its issues, but none of them are currently egregious and I don't believe that equal attention needs to be given to both roles. If I feel like there is a big issue affecting killer I will say as much. I never claim to speak objectively.

    There are more viable killers than ever including both M1 or otherwise except maybe at a level where less than 100 people play in consistently.

    Up until the coming patch, killers have enjoyed a variety of meta builds including four hex or four slowdowns, that's more than enough variety for competitive mmr's and tons of killers.

    Nothing more needs to be said on that front.

    You are still failing to grasp why survivor is currently miserable, it has nothing to do with if you can win but how you must win in the current game. However anytime a survivor tries to discuss this (or any complaint really,) the thread is immediately inundated with the same trite responses from the usual crowd.


    Not all killer mains but always a killer main.

    ”You are still failing to grasp why survivor is currently miserable, it has nothing to do with if you can win but how you must win in the current game”

    Ok, well let’s focus on this then. You say it’s not an issue of how often you escape. What % of your matches do you think you escape? Let’s say you’re escaping at the average 40% of your matches. So in those matches where you’re escaping, you’re still miserable - why? If it’s tunneling/camping or some other objectionable killer strategy that you feel is the problem, but you’re still escaping, then I don’t understand what the issue is. Why does it matter how the killer plays if you still get out?

  • @Your_Dad_Playing_DbD said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4119311#Comment_4119311

    ”You are still failing to grasp why survivor is currently miserable, it has nothing to do with if you can win but how you must win in the current game”

    Ok, well let’s focus on this then. You say it’s not an issue of how often you escape. What % of your matches do you think you escape? Let’s say you’re escaping at the average 40% of your matches. So in those matches where you’re escaping, you’re still miserable - why? If it’s tunneling/camping or some other objectionable killer strategy that you feel is the problem, but you’re still escaping, then I don’t understand what the issue is. Why does it matter how the killer plays if you still get out?

    I think a lot of people consider winning as 3 man escaping, not specifically escaping themselves.
    That's what I think of it.

    For example if I am getting mostly chased and I manage to loop long enough for 3 people to escape, that's amazing
    I am getting what I want - chases and I am fulfilled.

    Arguably tunneling, slugging, camping is what people have problem with, which makes the experience miserable on the receiving end. They don't get to play the match fully.

    I have high escape rate and there are some sitations that cahnge my mood immidiately - people DC, people give up, people griefing the matches.

    For other people this might be killer that they don't like going against, perks, killer repetition, survivior nerfs, queue randoms, maps that might be not the greatest.

    People actually struggle to get 30% escape rate, atleast that's what some people say. I don't believe that's fun for them.

    Don't get me wrong - this go for both sides. Killers don't like survivior perks, behaviour (tbagging etc), maps, griefers, mmr etc.
    I am aware of that.

  • @Rickprado said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4119263#Comment_4119263

    Easier was a way to say it, but people have been calling "easy", usually "so easy that its boring". Many here say this.

    Yeah but we need to remember that now killers have to deal with Basekit Endurance - now with elusive -, anti-camp system, a strong meta - even after nerfs, specially in healing and gen speed -, no more hook grabs, 8 gen kick limit, nerf in perks like Pain Ressonance, Pop, Ruin, Dead Man Switch, Eruption, Call of Brine, etc. Also, some cheese builds got destroyed, like old Spirit with her addons, Starstruck Nurse, Forever Freddy, etc etc

    Survivor got a lot better and know how to use their resources much more than years ago. Even a common lobby have at least one good looper - and we need to remember that when both sides are experienced, things tend to be stronger on the survivor side.

    People tend to exaggerate on how "easier" killer is just because they don't have to deal with OG Decisive and OG Dead Hard but survivor got a lot of buffs, QoL and new perks in the recent years.

    Cogs has a good point here.
    While you mentioned that survivors has gotten basekit this and basekit that, alongside a near worthless anti-camp measure (that can be easily bypassed), the reality is that playing survivor outside of custom matches, or god forbid if you play soloQ or anything less than a 4-man SWF these days, you will have to sweat your bums off, and can't afford a single mistake to stay on par with recent killer releases, even if you run full meta perk builds. That is not fun or extiting gameplay anymore, it feels like a chore.

    To make a counterpoint to your argument, what has killers actually gotten over the years, especially since 6.1.0

    • Much slower healing speeds, and especially self-healing on the survivor side.
    • 90 second gens, up from 80 seconds.
    • Many, many perk buffs, and add-on buffs.
    • Complete reworks, often leading to much stronger kits.
    • Much less safe pallets for survivors.
    • Less strong window setups for survivors.
    • More aura read perks, and lots of them.
    • Many of the strong survivor perks from the past are now heavily nerfed.
    • Ghoul, and subsequent outright broken strong releases (with the exception of Springtrap).
    • Smaller maps

    Another counterpoint is that, while the general survivor playerbase has developed a better understanding, so has the killer playerbase. The only time the survivor side is stronger is at the very top of the MMR bracket, like the 0.5% level or so. But for the more average players, the killer side is undoubtedly sronger as it currently is. They need to mess up royally in order to lose games.

  • @wesker_shades said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4119304#Comment_4119304

    Cogs has a good point here.
    While you mentioned that survivors has gotten basekit this and basekit that, alongside a near worthless anti-camp measure (that can be easily bypassed), the reality is that playing survivor outside of custom matches, or god forbid if you play soloQ or anything less than a 4-man SWF these days, you will have to sweat your bums off, and can't afford a single mistake to stay on par with recent killer releases, even if you run full meta perk builds. That is not fun or extiting gameplay anymore, it feels like a chore.

    To make a counterpoint to your argument, what has killers actually gotten over the years, especially since 6.1.0

    • Much slower healing speeds, and especially self-healing on the survivor side.
    • 90 second gens, up from 80 seconds.
    • Many, many perk buffs, and add-on buffs.
    • Complete reworks, often leading to much stronger kits.
    • Much less safe pallets for survivors.
    • Less strong window setups for survivors.
    • More aura read perks, and lots of them.
    • Many of the strong survivor perks from the past are now heavily nerfed.
    • Ghoul, and subsequent outright broken strong releases (with the exception of Springtrap).
    • Smaller maps

    Another counterpoint is that, while the general survivor playerbase has developed a better understanding, so has the killer playerbase. The only time the survivor side is stronger is at the very top of the MMR bracket, like the 0.5% level or so. But for the more average players, the killer side is undoubtedly sronger as it currently is. They need to mess up royally in order to lose games.

    We could be in this discussion forever but.. to make a counterpoint of your counterpoints:

    • We don't have old medkits self healing speeds but we have things that can be close or even better, like Resurgence, Do No Harm, We'll Make it is still strong, and the new Lend a Hand + Circle of Healing can lead to very fast heals too. Also, you can combo Botany + Medkit to heal yourself in normal speed or even use the skillcheck addons. Altruistics heals have never been faster
    • 90s gens but there is a plenty of toolboxes and gen rush perks available
    • As many many perk nerfs and almost every popular addon from newer killers nerfed
    • I agree, but they hard went from C tier to A+ tier - with exception of Billy. Most of the time killers go from very weak to average strength
    • Pallet density incresed the amount of pallets and many of them are still safe. TBH, this is one of the biggest issues the current killer experience have
    • Some maps still have very strong windows, like Crotus Pren Asylum
    • Alright. But aura perks
    • But they got many other strong or at least good perks like Finesse, Champion of Light, Five Moves Ahead, Cross Examination, Do No Harm,
    • Killers who had been nerfed - like Krasue and Henry - or had their best addons nerfed - like Jason.
    • Smaller maps with pallet density

    I'm not saying "killer is impossible". Killer is better now than it was years ago, this is a fact. I'm just saying that the affirmation that killers can easily win most of their matches is more due to bad MMR than due to the state of balance. I've been playing a lot of SoloQ recently and i've seen survivors throwing matches in the most diverse aspects, going for save when they shouldn't, greeding a gen in front of a instadown killer, refusing to heal against an Oni or a Wraith, etc etc. And when i'm with friends, i don't feel at any disadvantage - or at least i know with who to complain with LOL.

  • @Your_Dad_Playing_DbD said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4119311#Comment_4119311

    ”You are still failing to grasp why survivor is currently miserable, it has nothing to do with if you can win but how you must win in the current game”

    Ok, well let’s focus on this then. You say it’s not an issue of how often you escape. What % of your matches do you think you escape? Let’s say you’re escaping at the average 40% of your matches. So in those matches where you’re escaping, you’re still miserable - why? If it’s tunneling/camping or some other objectionable killer strategy that you feel is the problem, but you’re still escaping, then I don’t understand what the issue is. Why does it matter how the killer plays if you still get out?

    really bizarre way to word the end of that, maybe I am misunderstanding you but

    "Why does it matter how the killer plays if you still get out"

    seem to miss the entire point of anyone playing any game which is entertainment… why would people want to queue up for an experience that's just all around bad? I have played probably 80% of my time in DBD on solo queue and over the years it just became significantly more bad experiences than good, I still have an above average escape rate on my most played survivor (54%) but if every game feels like a nightmare to put the effort in to escape why would I keep playing?

    Yeah Tunneling/Hook Camping/Slugging can all be played through but why would I do that? especially camping and slugging just remove interaction from a game built around intense interaction… and there's dozens of very popular games I could play in different genres that are actuallly designed to be competitive in this way if I wanted to have a full comp experience so why would I choose to suffer through a game that is absolutely not balanced and is absolutely not suited to comp, but is being forced into a comp box when I can just play an actual comp game which is designed to be engaging and playable for everyone?

  • @vol4r said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4119193#Comment_4119193

    That's what I said, so I feel like you are talking about me.
    I will not agree that survivior is easier role, because you must consider a lot of things - strong killer roster (every new killer is strong in my opinion, you might get teammates out of your skill level, people do give up or DC etc.

    I am from Europe, which is considered "the sweatiest" region.

    In all those games "escaped icons" are the disconnects.
    Only one person escaped me through the gate - Lara on the game.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/O0DDC8FGDXUM/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/8AW8J1JYZVQN/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/S5XEENONG615/image.png

    As you can see - I do not even play S/A tier killers.

    Those are my past 30 day games.

    Some decent scores on the survivor side too. Only one under 10k. So you're not leaning hard into immediate tunneling and you're winning all your matches with what's considered one of the weakest killers, something people love to say is impossible. How very interesting.

  • @Your_Dad_Playing_DbD said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4119311#Comment_4119311

    ”You are still failing to grasp why survivor is currently miserable, it has nothing to do with if you can win but how you must win in the current game”

    Ok, well let’s focus on this then. You say it’s not an issue of how often you escape. What % of your matches do you think you escape? Let’s say you’re escaping at the average 40% of your matches. So in those matches where you’re escaping, you’re still miserable - why? If it’s tunneling/camping or some other objectionable killer strategy that you feel is the problem, but you’re still escaping, then I don’t understand what the issue is. Why does it matter how the killer plays if you still get out?

    Why does it matter how the killer plays if you still get out?

    I also want to address this sentence. I have a 30-day ER of 70%. My current 2v8 ER is also 70%. Both of those are out of 100+ matches. I don't abandon so those are completely real numbers. Does this mean I'm happy? No. Because a ton of that is getting hatch in hopeless games. It's not fun creeping about waiting for hatch in a garbage match, it's fun running out the gates after a save. There are so many ways for a survivor match to get that way too. It could be a tunneling killer, it could be bad teammates, but it feels bad either way. I don't regularly feel that way on killer because I always retain a certain level of control, and I can always make a comeback, but I feel that way constantly as survivor. The only comeback is hatch and that's still a team loss.

    @Rickprado said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4119423#Comment_4119423

    We could be in this discussion forever but.. to make a counterpoint of your counterpoints:

    • We don't have old medkits self healing speeds but we have things that can be close or even better, like Resurgence, Do No Harm, We'll Make it is still strong, and the new Lend a Hand + Circle of Healing can lead to very fast heals too. Also, you can combo Botany + Medkit to heal yourself in normal speed or even use the skillcheck addons. Altruistics heals have never been faster
    • 90s gens but there is a plenty of toolboxes and gen rush perks available
    • As many many perk nerfs and almost every popular addon from newer killers nerfed
    • I agree, but they hard went from C tier to A+ tier - with exception of Billy. Most of the time killers go from very weak to average strength
    • Pallet density incresed the amount of pallets and many of them are still safe. TBH, this is one of the biggest issues the current killer experience have
    • Some maps still have very strong windows, like Crotus Pren Asylum
    • Alright. But aura perks
    • But they got many other strong or at least good perks like Finesse, Champion of Light, Five Moves Ahead, Cross Examination, Do No Harm,
    • Killers who had been nerfed - like Krasue and Henry - or had their best addons nerfed - like Jason.
    • Smaller maps with pallet density

    I'm not saying "killer is impossible". Killer is better now than it was years ago, this is a fact. I'm just saying that the affirmation that killers can easily win most of their matches is more due to bad MMR than due to the state of balance. I've been playing a lot of SoloQ recently and i've seen survivors throwing matches in the most diverse aspects, going for save when they shouldn't, greeding a gen in front of a instadown killer, refusing to heal against an Oni or a Wraith, etc etc. And when i'm with friends, i don't feel at any disadvantage - or at least i know with who to complain with LOL.

    I've been playing a lot of SoloQ recently and i've seen survivors throwing matches in the most diverse aspects, going for save when they shouldn't, greeding a gen in front of a instadown killer, refusing to heal against an Oni or a Wraith, etc etc

    See, this is a thing I don't get. Survivors are often blamed for being bad, but why aren't killers? Why can't it be "you lost because you're bad" instead of "poor baby you lost because of those pallets, and their perks, and main, and the comms, and stealth, and gen rushing, and your weak killer, and the techs, and and and". This always seems to be the way. Survivors lose = get good; killers lose = nerf survivor. Even now there are killers in this forum asking for more nerfs.

    Also, Henry's nerfs were minor. Like many A tiers, he went from A to A with nerfs. Krasue was just a bad design and doesn't belong as the same sentence as Henry.

  • @DodoSwarm said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4119387#Comment_4119387

    really bizarre way to word the end of that, maybe I am misunderstanding you but

    "Why does it matter how the killer plays if you still get out"

    seem to miss the entire point of anyone playing any game which is entertainment… why would people want to queue up for an experience that's just all around bad? I have played probably 80% of my time in DBD on solo queue and over the years it just became significantly more bad experiences than good, I still have an above average escape rate on my most played survivor (54%) but if every game feels like a nightmare to put the effort in to escape why would I keep playing?

    Yeah Tunneling/Hook Camping/Slugging can all be played through but why would I do that? especially camping and slugging just remove interaction from a game built around intense interaction… and there's dozens of very popular games I could play in different genres that are actuallly designed to be competitive in this way if I wanted to have a full comp experience so why would I choose to suffer through a game that is absolutely not balanced and is absolutely not suited to comp, but is being forced into a comp box when I can just play an actual comp game which is designed to be engaging and playable for everyone?

    So you have >50% escape rate but still not having fun because you have to work hard to escape in most of your matches? What will it take to make you enjoy the game then? Sorry if that’s not what you’re intending to do, but that is what I am reading. What is the solution? Make matches even easier so that you don’t have to work as hard to escape, leading to an even higher escape rate? Let’s apply that expectation to all survivors. Then we get to escape rates well over 50% for everyone and now the killer role is miserable.

    I honestly don’t know what it will take to make some of the survivor players here happy, and that’s the entire point I’ve been trying to make here and in many other threads. Even players with high escape rates say they are still not having fun, so what will it take for you to have fun? And how do you implement it without making the other side miserable?

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4119387#Comment_4119387

    Why does it matter how the killer plays if you still get out?

    I also want to address this sentence. I have a 30-day ER of 70%. My current 2v8 ER is also 70%. Both of those are out of 100+ matches. I don't abandon so those are completely real numbers. Does this mean I'm happy? No. Because a ton of that is getting hatch in hopeless games. It's not fun creeping about waiting for hatch in a garbage match, it's fun running out the gates after a save. There are so many ways for a survivor match to get that way too. It could be a tunneling killer, it could be bad teammates, but it feels bad either way. I don't regularly feel that way on killer because I always retain a certain level of control, and I can always make a comeback, but I feel that way constantly as survivor. The only comeback is hatch and that's still a team loss.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4119447#Comment_4119447

    I've been playing a lot of SoloQ recently and i've seen survivors throwing matches in the most diverse aspects, going for save when they shouldn't, greeding a gen in front of a instadown killer, refusing to heal against an Oni or a Wraith, etc etc

    See, this is a thing I don't get. Survivors are often blamed for being bad, but why aren't killers? Why can't it be "you lost because you're bad" instead of "poor baby you lost because of those pallets, and their perks, and main, and the comms, and stealth, and gen rushing, and your weak killer, and the techs, and and and". This always seems to be the way. Survivors lose = get good; killers lose = nerf survivor. Even now there are killers in this forum asking for more nerfs.

    Also, Henry's nerfs were minor. Like many A tiers, he went from A to A with nerfs. Krasue was just a bad design and doesn't belong as the same sentence as Henry.

    So what would an ideally-balanced game look like to you so that both sides are having fun? Just very high level, like your ideal target kill/escape rates and restrictions on how killers are allowed to play?

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4119353#Comment_4119353

    Some decent scores on the survivor side too. Only one under 10k. So you're not leaning hard into immediate tunneling and you're winning all your matches with what's considered one of the weakest killers, something people love to say is impossible. How very interesting.

    Oh yeah. I am trying to atleast 6 hooks before kill, 8 hooks if possible.
    I think there is much improvement in your gameplay if you don't tunnel people.

    Wiping 3v1 match on 4 gens isn't engaging.

  • @Your_Dad_Playing_DbD said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4119466#Comment_4119466

    So you have >50% escape rate but still not having fun because you have to work hard to escape in most of your matches? What will it take to make you enjoy the game then? Sorry if that’s not what you’re intending to do, but that is what I am reading. What is the solution? Make matches even easier so that you don’t have to work as hard to escape, leading to an even higher escape rate? Let’s apply that expectation to all survivors. Then we get to escape rates well over 50% for everyone and now the killer role is miserable.

    I honestly don’t know what it will take to make some of the survivor players here happy, and that’s the entire point I’ve been trying to make here and in many other threads. Even players with high escape rates say they are still not having fun, so what will it take for you to have fun? And how do you implement it without making the other side miserable?

    I would prefer a 40% escape rate for myself if it meant that the game was pushed in a more engaging direction. the purpose of what I am saying isn't "I want or need to win more" I don't actually care about my escape rate, I care about whether a match was fun, whether the challenges put forward actually encouraged me to continue to play the game. that is why I am so vocal on the "tunneling is bad" discussions, because BHVR is shooting survivor in the foot by endorsing killer strategies that suck the actually interesting engagement out of the game. I don't care if killer gets buffed to compensate for tunneling becoming impossible because the game would be more fun to play that way. I don't care about Survivor/Killer perk metas, I want perks on both sides to be fun and engaging rather than induce a sense of "dang it, they're running X and Y so I have to do Z even though it sucks to do.

    If it takes a total removal of fun and engaging mechanics to truly balance DBD, then I don't want to play balanced DBD. right now Halloween is fantastic because it's just about enjoying the game for most people, I don't care if michael wins or civilians win, I care whether the match was fun. that obviously doesn't mean that the game should be made systematically unfair for one side of the game to enforce that, but it does mean that just because something is balanced in percentages (Survivor Escape Rate) doesn't mean it's well designed or well maintained. that's why the survivor perks being gutted is such a horrible decision in the eyes of so many people on here, because standout things are getting hammered into obscurity to make sure nothing stands out in any way… then you're left with…. kinda nothing interesting, and a lot of reasons to move on to something else.

  • @DodoSwarm said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4119480#Comment_4119480

    I would prefer a 40% escape rate for myself if it meant that the game was pushed in a more engaging direction. the purpose of what I am saying isn't "I want or need to win more" I don't actually care about my escape rate, I care about whether a match was fun, whether the challenges put forward actually encouraged me to continue to play the game. that is why I am so vocal on the "tunneling is bad" discussions, because BHVR is shooting survivor in the foot by endorsing killer strategies that suck the actually interesting engagement out of the game. I don't care if killer gets buffed to compensate for tunneling becoming impossible because the game would be more fun to play that way. I don't care about Survivor/Killer perk metas, I want perks on both sides to be fun and engaging rather than induce a sense of "dang it, they're running X and Y so I have to do Z even though it sucks to do.

    If it takes a total removal of fun and engaging mechanics to truly balance DBD, then I don't want to play balanced DBD. right now Halloween is fantastic because it's just about enjoying the game for most people, I don't care if michael wins or civilians win, I care whether the match was fun. that obviously doesn't mean that the game should be made systematically unfair for one side of the game to enforce that, but it does mean that just because something is balanced in percentages (Survivor Escape Rate) doesn't mean it's well designed or well maintained. that's why the survivor perks being gutted is such a horrible decision in the eyes of so many people on here, because standout things are getting hammered into obscurity to make sure nothing stands out in any way… then you're left with…. kinda nothing interesting, and a lot of reasons to move on to something else.

    Thanks for replying back - this is the kind of discussion that is constructive and enjoyable. I get what you’re saying now, and I can definitely get on board with that. I’m starting to see the part now that I was missing in prior discussions, about it not being that survivors don’t feel like they aren’t escaping frequently enough, but rather wanting more engaging and entertaining matches even if they aren’t escaping in most of their matches. The hard part is figuring out ways to do this without impacting the killer experience in a significantly negative way, and that’s where previous attempts have gone wrong.

    Anyway, I understand more about where you and others are coming from now.

  • @Your_Dad_Playing_DbD said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4119311#Comment_4119311

    ”You are still failing to grasp why survivor is currently miserable, it has nothing to do with if you can win but how you must win in the current game”

    Ok, well let’s focus on this then. You say it’s not an issue of how often you escape. What % of your matches do you think you escape? Let’s say you’re escaping at the average 40% of your matches. So in those matches where you’re escaping, you’re still miserable - why? If it’s tunneling/camping or some other objectionable killer strategy that you feel is the problem, but you’re still escaping, then I don’t understand what the issue is. Why does it matter how the killer plays if you still get out?

    Survivor is a team based role, if I am escaping but that's only because of a forced 2K from camping/tunneling then I am not having fun. This gameplay is wholly binary with very little interaction.

    As others have stated, I would rather die more but have more opportunities to express skill and interact in a meaningful way with my teammates and the killer.

    These are my escape rates before I stopped playing due to the Denuvo trial by the way,

    wpf1nk5t.png
1 2 3