let killers abandon after gates open.

Im so sick of having my time wasted by survivors who dont want to leave and just hide around the map. just let killer abandon when the gate open the game is over most of the time and its a choice just like the survivors have if they get slugged to much. why is survivors time respected but not the killers.

edit: the match would still keep going the killer would just be replaced with a bot.

Comments

  • @SolariusYuuhi said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094649#Comment_4094649

    Unbreakable! Plot Twist! Tenacity! Conviction! Up the Ante! Slippery Meat! Vigo's Jar of Salty Lips! Black Salt Statuette! Salt Pouch!

    All of those things I listed are ways survivor has agency when they're on (first) hook or on the ground.

    They just don't want to use them.

    don’t forget, flip flop, power struggle, boil over, exponential, soul guard

  • I know this sounds crazy to some, but could we get rid of the abandon feature altogether?

    All it does is encourage quitter-mentality.

    If you don't want to play the game, then please just quit before you hit the ready button.

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    I know this sounds crazy to some, but could we get rid of the abandon feature altogether?

    All it does is encourage quitter-mentality.

    If you don't want to play the game, then please just quit before you hit the ready button.

    For me its not about not wanting to play its about wanting to play. When a survivor hides hsut to waste my time when queues are 5 minutes basicly making my queue for the next game 7 minutes its frustrating and I just want to play dbd not walking simulator

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    I know this sounds crazy to some, but could we get rid of the abandon feature altogether?

    All it does is encourage quitter-mentality.

    If you don't want to play the game, then please just quit before you hit the ready button.

    Been saying this ever since it was introduced.

    People use it as a 'get out early' card, when all it was intended for was combatting hostage situations.

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    I know this sounds crazy to some, but could we get rid of the abandon feature altogether?

    All it does is encourage quitter-mentality.

    If you don't want to play the game, then please just quit before you hit the ready button.

    doesn’t sound crazy at all.

    It’s a good idea, but they’ll never do it.

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    I know this sounds crazy to some, but could we get rid of the abandon feature altogether?

    All it does is encourage quitter-mentality.

    If you don't want to play the game, then please just quit before you hit the ready button.

    You've clearly never had the killer bleed out all the survivors just because they can. I would be fine with other abandons being removed but this one was added for a reason.

  • @GroovieAshes said:

    I'm for anyone checking out whenever, let a bot take over.

    If it's too difficult to bot all the unique Killers, just make it a basic M1 bot and increase it's speed a little bit.

    All the DC penalty does is make me log off. Who cares?

    If you're not having fun, leave.

    This is why im against the DC penalty. Bro this isnt a comp game. We have bots now. Who gives a flying crap. Everyone used to agree if a killer was going against a sweaty swf they could just go "yeah im out" dc and move on to the next game. Why is it all of a sudden everyone, killers, survivors are being expected to stay in a game that is making each other feel bad. being told to play the game out when you're being tunneled, being told you have to sit there and be bullied by the sweaty 4 man swf? No wonder people are so pissy in this game 24/7

  • @MrBuffalo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094531#Comment_4094531

    This is why im against the DC penalty. Bro this isnt a comp game. We have bots now. Who gives a flying crap. Everyone used to agree if a killer was going against a sweaty swf they could just go "yeah im out" dc and move on to the next game. Why is it all of a sudden everyone, killers, survivors are being expected to stay in a game that is making each other feel bad. being told to play the game out when you're being tunneled, being told you have to sit there and be bullied by the sweaty 4 man swf? No wonder people are so pissy in this game 24/7

    it’s a team game, you shouldn’t be able load in get a killer you don’t like, or get a bad chase then dc, throwing the game for the team, only to do it again in 2 minutes after the penalty is up, then start going next because your penalty is too high.


    before this event started I ran into a ttv survivor, I checked the stream after the game to see was he up too and he was malding tf out, by the time my game ended he was already being sacrificed again and complaining. I checked the rest of the vod and this guy sprint bursts into the middle of the map gets take a chase, dies in 20 seconds, dc’s or goes next, and then does it all again the next game.

    He did that for 2 1/2 hours before ending stream, so many games ruined because penalties aren’t strict enough and people egos are too fragile.


    Bots while nice still need a ton of work as they still refuse to heal, sit edge map, and book it out the exit gate first chance they get even if someone is on a hook, then on the killer side it’s 50/50 whether they wall hack you making tall loops a pain and blinding you through the floor, or go down in 10 seconds, either way it’s boring.

  • THE FLOGGINGS (DC PENALTIES) WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES!!!

  • @Slurp_Ramen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094701#Comment_4094701

    it’s a team game, you shouldn’t be able load in get a killer you don’t like, or get a bad chase then dc, throwing the game for the team, only to do it again in 2 minutes after the penalty is up, then start going next because your penalty is too high.


    before this event started I ran into a ttv survivor, I checked the stream after the game to see was he up too and he was malding tf out, by the time my game ended he was already being sacrificed again and complaining. I checked the rest of the vod and this guy sprint bursts into the middle of the map gets take a chase, dies in 20 seconds, dc’s or goes next, and then does it all again the next game.

    He did that for 2 1/2 hours before ending stream, so many games ruined because penalties aren’t strict enough and people egos are too fragile.


    Bots while nice still need a ton of work as they still refuse to heal, sit edge map, and book it out the exit gate first chance they get even if someone is on a hook, then on the killer side it’s 50/50 whether they wall hack you making tall loops a pain and blinding you through the floor, or go down in 10 seconds, either way it’s boring.

    if it was a team game we'd be scored as a team, not individuality. We compete for points, resources, we have offerings on the survivor side that are hidden from our "team mates". Why would the offerings be hidden from my own team? So far most of this is pointing to everything besides being a team. We just happen to have a goal. Do gens, open gate, leave. Once those exit gates are powered everyone is quick to go every man for themself.

    Anyway sorry slightly off topic.

    This isnt a competitive game. It shouldnt have been treated like one. If the survivors want to DC go for it. If the killer wants to DC go for it. No game is fun if you're forced to play it. If the killer is getting stomped by toxic A holes they should have every right to move on to the next match. If the survivors are actively trolling the other survivors they can leave. I Do not understand this notion that you have to play the game out even if you are actively being bullied, harassed or straight up not even allowed to play it (I.E tunneling or playing not able to get a hook due to swf bullcrap.)

  • @Domicci said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094654#Comment_4094654

    Bit a survivor can force a killer to have to wait out the end game collapse by hiding on the map. I have had it happen to me multiple time and guess what it feels worse then when im slugged on survivor because i dont get an indication where the survivor is all I can do is move around the map so just like a slugged survivor.

    That’s a valid argument. In my experience it’s very rare, though. Usually survivors are just waiting at the gates and I tab out of the game to do something else until they leave. I personally have no problem if killers get to abandon once the gates are open. I really don’t understand why people have a problem with it. It doesn’t affect survivors at all and the only reason I can think of that people are opposed to it is because they want to force killers to watch them t-bag at the exit gates.

  • @MrBuffalo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094710#Comment_4094710

    if it was a team game we'd be scored as a team, not individuality. We compete for points, resources, we have offerings on the survivor side that are hidden from our "team mates". Why would the offerings be hidden from my own team? So far most of this is pointing to everything besides being a team. We just happen to have a goal. Do gens, open gate, leave. Once those exit gates are powered everyone is quick to go every man for themself.

    Anyway sorry slightly off topic.

    This isnt a competitive game. It shouldnt have been treated like one. If the survivors want to DC go for it. If the killer wants to DC go for it. No game is fun if you're forced to play it. If the killer is getting stomped by toxic A holes they should have every right to move on to the next match. If the survivors are actively trolling the other survivors they can leave. I Do not understand this notion that you have to play the game out even if you are actively being bullied, harassed or straight up not even allowed to play it (I.E tunneling or playing not able to get a hook due to swf bullcrap.)

    even if it’s not a ‘competitive game’, it’s still a PvP game, and one that pits 2 sides against each other for a win no less, so it’s gonna get competitive.


    You said no game is fun you’re forced to play? Well nobody is forcing go nexters to queue up all day and throw. And to go even further, there’s no game without the players, so that means no fun at all for anyone.

    Instead of letting people come and go as they please, I’d rather they not be here at all if they don’t wanna participate, so then we’re at least left with the people who actually wanna play the game.


    also you’re absolutely right about offerings and scoring, it’s outdated and needs overhaul but honestly bhvr would probably break something in the process. If one guy tunneled out the team gets a 3 out due to his efforts of soaking up all the pressure they should definitely get some kinda compensation for it.

    But to not get too too hasty, plenty team games have individual scoring systems, take valorant, players are rated individually in the system so if you go negative but have a ton of assists and great utility usage that wins games (like there’s no bonus in RR for plants and defuse denial [to my knowledge], or assists, they was a bug with an agent letting people rack up crazy amounts of assists and they weren’t getting any more RR than usual) you’ll get less RR than your duelists who you’ve been breaking your back for. Just food for thought.

  • @BigKingWoof said:

    A lot of entitled killers wanting a free dc without any penalty for being sore losers in this thread.

    Yeah because survivors arnt sore losers only killers. Abandon when exit gates are power let's killers get back to the queue faster. It's no different to survivors being able to abandon when all slugged or during a mori . It's all about saving time in pointless situations not about being "a sore loser". The real sore losers are the countless survivors that do first down

  • @Slurp_Ramen said:

    if survivors get to abandon to not give killers the satisfaction of a mori/hook, killers should be able to abandon to not give survivors the satisfaction of watching them leave.

    There’s no good reason for it not to be implemented.

    I saw someone say “because adepts”. But my counterpoint is they can make it count as an escape as to not mess with adepts, this also would have to be implemented for challenges and such that require escaping, the ONLY problem I foresee is hatch escape challenges and some challenges where you have to stay and let other people leave before you, but they’re so far a few between they shouldn’t hamper a QoL change like this.

    You're saying the quiet part out loud there. Killers don't care about moris so much as they care about their ability to use them to rub salt in the wounds of a defeated opponent. Guess it's not satisfying unless you can force someone to watch what you're doing to their avatar, huh?

    I maintain the same stance I've had on this for a while now - I don't think it should be implemented but if it is, a killer abandon must function exactly the same as a survivor abandon. It shouldn't abruptly end the match for everyone else and should count as a loss for the killer in the same ways a survivor abandon counts as a loss for that survivor. Abandon is surrender.

    Personally I don't think it's the same situation since I have a lot more agency as killer than I do as survivor in pretty much any situation. If I'm a killer I can force survivors to either leave or give me more kills. I could go break some doors and pallets or spam my power for bloodpoints. As a survivor I can inch worm around on the ground as a slug I guess? Does that feel like the same situation to anyone?

  • Only change I want on the abandoning options is about 5-10 second timer before they come available when requirements are met. I don't think we need more of them.

  • @MDRSan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094624#Comment_4094624

    You're saying the quiet part out loud there. Killers don't care about moris so much as they care about their ability to use them to rub salt in the wounds of a defeated opponent. Guess it's not satisfying unless you can force someone to watch what you're doing to their avatar, huh?

    I maintain the same stance I've had on this for a while now - I don't think it should be implemented but if it is, a killer abandon must function exactly the same as a survivor abandon. It shouldn't abruptly end the match for everyone else and should count as a loss for the killer in the same ways a survivor abandon counts as a loss for that survivor. Abandon is surrender.

    Personally I don't think it's the same situation since I have a lot more agency as killer than I do as survivor in pretty much any situation. If I'm a killer I can force survivors to either leave or give me more kills. I could go break some doors and pallets or spam my power for bloodpoints. As a survivor I can inch worm around on the ground as a slug I guess? Does that feel like the same situation to anyone?

    Yes it does to me it feels actually less annoying to inch worm on the ground then have someone hide from you while you play walking simulator when your queue times are already 5 minutes. Sorry I dont care if I get slugged because ow look I can just abandon and go to another hame to keep playing but jf a survivor wants to hold the killer hostage for end game collapse he can just go next he has to walk around the map looking for the hiding person or waste time stting and letting the timer run out. All this is about is respect. My tome is respected on survivor why isnt it on killer.

  • @Domicci said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094782#Comment_4094782

    Yes it does to me it feels actually less annoying to inch worm on the ground then have someone hide from you while you play walking simulator when your queue times are already 5 minutes. Sorry I dont care if I get slugged because ow look I can just abandon and go to another hame to keep playing but jf a survivor wants to hold the killer hostage for end game collapse he can just go next he has to walk around the map looking for the hiding person or waste time stting and letting the timer run out. All this is about is respect. My tome is respected on survivor why isnt it on killer.

    How did you lose your slug in the first place? If you want to slug for the 4k then you're bringing that on yourself. Just hook - problem solved. If you want to surrender then why did you bother downing them in the first place? That's what abandon is - a surrender.

  • As others have said, Abandon is an abdication of BHVR to address the root cause of players being trapped in extremely long situations where they have zero agency. Banging on the drum once more, the entire endgame is devoid of both sides making any kind of meaningful gameplay decisions. Killers have no good options but to camp hooks. Survivors have no good options except to leave ASAP. Some perks do exist that MIGHT change some, but in 99% of games, there's absolutely nothing to do. The most egregious scenarios are when killers win, which is where the Abandon stuff has largely been implemented, because they were able to extend games for not just the slug timer, but well beyond it if they were particularly toxic.

    A competent developer would have been working for years to recognize and address those situations through refining mechanics, punishing abusers, and incentivizing fun interactions. But that ain't BHVR, so we get a band-aid fix to shunt people back into the queue faster to try to simultaneously address that exploding issue.

  • This thread has shown me a lot of killer mains have no idea what it's like being slugged and unable to do anything, nor the actual condition to get the abandon feature.

    The abandon feature procs when all living survivors are either downed or hooked.

    "Yeah but you can bring perks!"
    What if I didn't bring any? Tough luck on my end, sure, but that still doesn't change the fact that there is nothing more as a survivor I can do to contribute tot he game when everyone else is dead, downed, or hooked.
    But let's say I do have unbreakable still available. Clearly, I'm not going to abandon because I can still do something. But once that's gone, it's gone. It's a one time use. So once I get downed again along with everyone else, the game is over.
    And if we're going this route, killers can also bring perks to slow down the gates being powered. It goes both ways.

    "You can stealth for hatch!"
    Unless the hatch spawns right on top of me, it's not happening. Killer is moving around at the speed of sound, and you're barely making 5 inches a minute

    "You can bring offerings"
    7% luck isn't worth it, and that's only first hook. You'd have to survive all game without getting hooked, while another survivor is alive. Not uncommon, but also not reliable.

    "You can still be picked up"
    Yeah…but if that's the case the abandon feature isn't available and the game can still continue. Holy…

    "You can wiggle out…"
    Unless the killer is absolutely lost and blind, there's always going to be a hook within 2 inches of being picked up. And even if you do wiggle off, there's a low chance of actually making it to anything at the end of the game where resources are low. You can try sure, but it's not likely.

  • @FerrousFacade said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094680#Comment_4094680

    You've clearly never had the killer bleed out all the survivors just because they can. I would be fine with other abandons being removed but this one was added for a reason.

    So do you agree killers should be able to abandon when a survivor hides in ebd gane just to waste the killers time?

  • @Domicci said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094699#Comment_4094699

    So do you agree killers should be able to abandon when a survivor hides in ebd gane just to waste the killers time?

    I would not personally use it but would be fine if it existed. If this is a 2v1 I patrol gens and someone usually hops on one. I do this in a 2v1 when playing survivor as well, I still try to get gens done and take chase as normal until I die (and then typically get slugged for the 4k because so many people can't stand getting a 3k win instead of a 4k win). If exit gate is open or hatch has been closed then collapse has started and the game will end relatively quickly regardless of the option existing. If the survivors wait in the exit gate once they know everyone is safe I start hoping the killer gets a just leave on them even if they were previously helpful teammates.

    Ultimately, I do agree with other posters that say the existence of abandon is a game design problem and my preference would be for a total rework to end game in all scenarios but until that happens abandon is nicer than needlessly prolonging a match.

  • I'm against this culture of just giving up and leaving whenever you feel like it, but if the devs are insistent on keeping things this way then I don't see why not.

  • @Domicci said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094699#Comment_4094699

    So do you agree killers should be able to abandon when a survivor hides in ebd gane just to waste the killers time?

    But how would you be able to detect it?

    How do you tell the difference between a survivor hiding to antagonize the killer, and one who is stealthing around the map waiting for the best opportunity to make it to the gates?

    That's one of the main problems with the scenario - there's the hypothetical about whether it would be good, but the more difficult practical question of how to implement it for just this scenario. Which is why we usually get the suggestion of abandon becoming available after the gates are open - except at that point the game is still frequently very competitive.

  • @crogers271 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094897#Comment_4094897

    But how would you be able to detect it?

    How do you tell the difference between a survivor hiding to antagonize the killer, and one who is stealthing around the map waiting for the best opportunity to make it to the gates?

    That's one of the main problems with the scenario - there's the hypothetical about whether it would be good, but the more difficult practical question of how to implement it for just this scenario. Which is why we usually get the suggestion of abandon becoming available after the gates are open - except at that point the game is still frequently very competitive.

    The reason i want it to work just gates open is because survivors can abandon after being "slugged" to many times and if it was just if one survivor has not left or dead then duos could just hide together to keep it from popping up. and the killer can just open gate if they need too like a swf is just hiding or a cheater is well cheating the killer can just leave and not have to deal with it and go to there next game.

  • @Domicci said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094954#Comment_4094954

    The reason i want it to work just gates open is because survivors can abandon after being "slugged" to many times and if it was just if one survivor has not left or dead then duos could just hide together to keep it from popping up. and the killer can just open gate if they need too like a swf is just hiding or a cheater is well cheating the killer can just leave and not have to deal with it and go to there next game.

    if it was just if one survivor has not left or dead then duos could just hide together to keep it from popping up

    And a killer can intentionally avoid downing the last survivor, intentionally trying to subvert the end game mechanic.

    Its the same situation though of trying to detect when this is done intentionally vs when gameplay is still going on would be extremely difficult (if it was actually possible). Now, we could just greatly expand the abandon system to cover lots of 'potential' stalling situations, some people want that, but it would be a substantial expansion not just a survivors to killer comparison.

    a cheater is well cheating

    Everyone wants to leave when there is a cheater. Survivor, killer, no one wants to be stuck in a game against a cheater.

  • Ever since the abandon option was introduced I've always thought the killer should have an abandon (resign) option. If the killer abandons (resigns) after the gates are open all remaining survivors should get full credit for escaping, the bloodpoint score, the increase in MMR and their adept if they're so equipped.

    If it worked like that then I don't think it would be out of line for killers to be able to pop the gate and immediately resign. And if they can't make it work like that for whatever reason make it 60 seconds after EGC starts. Having this option for killers would encourage survivors to just leave instead of hanging out at the exit line.

    Killers also should have the option to abandon if there is just 1 survivor remaining in the match. The survivor in that scenario gets the option to abandon so why not the killer?

    It happens far too often where 1 survivor is at the exit line holding up the show for a killer who probably has a long wait in the queue for their next killer game anyway.

    I have yet to read a single compelling argument against these 2 abandon scenarios being added to the game. It all boils down to either "I want to killer to suffer longer," "I want the killer to watch me leave (and teabag)" or both. I've gotten a fair amount of my adepts from games where killers DC'd as long as the game went over 5 minutes so I think the adept point is a non-issue.

  • EGC is too long. Remove the delays that happen if someone is hooked. Make it actually exciting and down to the wire.

1 2 ›