Why would you ever play the event as killer?

Besides the quests, of course.

There is simply no new mechanics for them, no buffs, nothing, only insanely strong mechanics that only work for the survivors. The only thing the killers get are some small dessert buffs once the game is pretty much over.

Like, why would anyone queue up in a mode where you're simply at an overwhelming disadvantage? lmao

Comments

  • I'm going to be the outliner and say this was going to happen, The fact they went this hard for survivors should really say something about how bad survivor play levels were for the last few events outside 2v8. I've said it 1000 times, but killers cannot treat every lobby like their families lives depend on it. We need players on both sides.

  • Killers when the anniversary doesn't give them an ability to instakill 4 survivors: ( •̀ - •́ )

    You do realize the survivors are not doing objectives while gathering plates? I've lost more than enough games because people just run around eating at the anniversary drive-thru.. the killer ability where it slows you down to the point where you can't reach even 3 meters is more than OP..

    Same ancient discussion: SWF are overpowered, so let's punish solo players…

  • Honestly? At first I was annoyed when I realized how bad it was, but now I just deal with it and run NOED to try and get something in end game. It is what it is. Like make complaints heard for next year, but they don't usually change events in the year they occur.

  • @UnicornMedal said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094002#Comment_4094002

    I see your point, but given the state of the game, I'm still left asking the same question: what do the trials look like? Because personally this doesn't feel very different from how unplayable the game becomes when a new Killer drops (minus the fact that the event isn't producing wipe after wipe). It just affects one side over the other this time.

    Now that's not to say that you have to like it and you're not allowed to call BHVR out. I just don't see how it's the end of the world either.

    Because when a new killer drops, the game doesn't necessarily become unplayable. It gives the impression that the new killer is harder on SoloQ because of how the game is structured in a 1v4. In typical 5v5 games, when a new character drops, it doesn't feel as impactful because, since you're gonna face them alongside 4 other enemies, the game isn't dictated by how much you and your teammates know how to counter the new abilities. On DbD its different, since the game is dictated by the killer, so your random soloq teammates, not knowing what to do against Jason (because they likely haven't watched videos about how to counter him), are just gonna be at a great disadvantage. This is, however, the structure of the game as a 1v4, and there is little BHVR can do about that unless they just never release a new killer again. But objectively speaking, none of the killers BHVR released since OG Legion have been OP, to realize that, you just have to use Nurse as a standard, which is a killer that is VASTLY superior to any other killer to an absurd degree, and yet on competitive, she just doesn't stomp every game, even when survivors have guardrails to them.

    That being said, the difference between new killer releases and this mode is that this mode has a severe balancing issue, while new killers make the game harder because it takes time for survivors to adjust, which is understandable.

  • @CorgiSploots said:

    I'm going to be the outliner and say this was going to happen, The fact they went this hard for survivors should really say something about how bad survivor play levels were for the last few events outside 2v8. I've said it 1000 times, but killers cannot treat every lobby like their families lives depend on it. We need players on both sides.

    I'm gonna join you on the sidelines. Giving killers literally one thing to do is unusual, and i can only assume survivor sales and player counts must be really bad to get to this point. I can't see any other reason for it.

  • @CorgiSploots said:

    I'm going to be the outliner and say this was going to happen, The fact they went this hard for survivors should really say something about how bad survivor play levels were for the last few events outside 2v8. I've said it 1000 times, but killers cannot treat every lobby like their families lives depend on it. We need players on both sides.

    I never really get this argument that "killers have to stop tryharding". If the game had a ranked and normal gamemode, and people were just tryharding every game on normal mode, I would get it, but that is not the case, it only has one game mode, so people who want to play to win will just play the regular mode because well… There is no other option.

    Also, survivors seem to tryhard less because it takes significantly less effort to play optimally as a survivor, but ultimately, survivors don't care about the killer's fun, and neither should the killers. It is a PVP game, not a coop experience with friends.

  • @GlamourousLeviathan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094054#Comment_4094054

    I never really get this argument that "killers have to stop tryharding". If the game had a ranked and normal gamemode, and people were just tryharding every game on normal mode, I would get it, but that is not the case, it only has one game mode, so people who want to play to win will just play the regular mode because well… There is no other option.

    Also, survivors seem to tryhard less because it takes significantly less effort to play optimally as a survivor, but ultimately, survivors don't care about the killer's fun, and neither should the killers. It is a PVP game, not a coop experience with friends.

    Since we have only one mode and it isnt a official "ranked" mode its by default "normal" mode. So by default when people go tryharding its basically in the casual mode. Generally though when survivors go "killers have to stop tryharding" around 90% of the time its because said killer is playing like their life is on the line…in a casual game with no stakes. Survivors meanwhile can only really tryhard if the whole team goes for it. One survivor going tryhard isn't really going to do much if the other 3 dip around.

    As for your topic, after 3 rounds of pent up toxic survivors trying to vent at me, im making it a personal crusade to show them they're not invincible. And yes im succeeding.

  • @Nazzzak said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094054#Comment_4094054

    I'm gonna join you on the sidelines. Giving killers literally one thing to do is unusual, and i can only assume survivor sales and player counts must be really bad to get to this point. I can't see any other reason for it.

    I knew it was bound to happen you can't spend year after year telling average ppl they must be gods or just be unallowed to play so the power role can get 100x streaks. I don't expect to win every match on killer but I'm averaging pretty fine if I'm not instantly nice and just let everyone farm cause what else you gonna do for THE bp event

  • @GlamourousLeviathan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094054#Comment_4094054

    I never really get this argument that "killers have to stop tryharding". If the game had a ranked and normal gamemode, and people were just tryharding every game on normal mode, I would get it, but that is not the case, it only has one game mode, so people who want to play to win will just play the regular mode because well… There is no other option.

    Also, survivors seem to tryhard less because it takes significantly less effort to play optimally as a survivor, but ultimately, survivors don't care about the killer's fun, and neither should the killers. It is a PVP game, not a coop experience with friends.

    You are kidding me, killer has never been easier outside maybe 1% of swfs and the stats already showed they win 1% more than solo queue. Survivor is not easy I dunno where ya'll get this nonsense when they have to know every killer power/add on/perk whereas We killer only have to know perks and have numerous that negate survivor items such as lightborn. We only have to worry about teammate in 2v8 wheras one survivor is enough to snowball 3 at 5 gens. And dont get me started on how utterly useless bots are.

    And I'm tired of this "people have no where else to try hard." As if we got a comp mode where rules apply and 90% of killers wouldn't sit in casual making it still as bad because they don't actually care about integrity. I want to know I'm doing good because I'm doing good, not because I'm abusing an aspect of the game that clearly is unhealthy and likely going to be heavily punished if this event is any indication

  • @Rulebreaker said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094069#Comment_4094069

    Since we have only one mode and it isnt a official "ranked" mode its by default "normal" mode. So by default when people go tryharding its basically in the casual mode. Generally though when survivors go "killers have to stop tryharding" around 90% of the time its because said killer is playing like their life is on the line…in a casual game with no stakes. Survivors meanwhile can only really tryhard if the whole team goes for it. One survivor going tryhard isn't really going to do much if the other 3 dip around.

    As for your topic, after 3 rounds of pent up toxic survivors trying to vent at me, im making it a personal crusade to show them they're not invincible. And yes im succeeding.

    But if I am a player who likes to play to win every game? Which mode should I play on? There is none. A multiplayer PVP game is naturally gonna have players that want to win, and players who just want to chill, and that is why most games have a ranked and a normal mode, and you can't just ban players because they give their best at a game, so all you have to do is accept that people are gonna play different ways. Also, chill players shouldn't even care about players tryharding because if they don't care about winning, why would they care if the other side just stomped them? When I use a meme build or play a bad killer, I accept that I'm most likely gonna lose the moment I click to join a lobby, and I think that is logical.

    And also, as I said, killers tryhard more because they are the weaker role of the two, so even if they get chill survivors (not the type that is goofing, but the type that is lowkey trying to win), they have to play much more focused because if they are in the same "vibe" as the survivors he will just lose, simply because survivor gameplay requires much less skill overall.

  • @GlamourousLeviathan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094073#Comment_4094073

    But if I am a player who likes to play to win every game? Which mode should I play on? There is none. A multiplayer PVP game is naturally gonna have players that want to win, and players who just want to chill, and that is why most games have a ranked and a normal mode, and you can't just ban players because they give their best at a game, so all you have to do is accept that people are gonna play different ways. Also, chill players shouldn't even care about players tryharding because if they don't care about winning, why would they care if the other side just stomped them? When I use a meme build or play a bad killer, I accept that I'm most likely gonna lose the moment I click to join a lobby, and I think that is logical.

    And also, as I said, killers tryhard more because they are the weaker role of the two, so even if they get chill survivors (not the type that is goofing, but the type that is lowkey trying to win), they have to play much more focused because if they are in the same "vibe" as the survivors he will just lose, simply because survivor gameplay requires much less skill overall.

    Your free to play on the normal mode, but your going to be called on for being a try hard if you play like there's a knife at your neck. And no you can't complain about it because you KNOW there's nothing really at stake yet continue to play like that in effectively a casual game. No one's getting banned over being a tryhard, but everyone has a right to call people on stuff that makes the game unfun for them. Your just as free to say something like "my fun is tryharding" and people got to accept that's what you like or whine just as when you get told to stop being a tryhard you either accept people don't like it or whine. But honestly in my opinion it would make the game more enjoyable to not have people sucking the life out of the game by optimizing themselves to basically be robots.

    Moving on, it's not playing to win that's the problem. It's playing to win using every below the belt tactic and taking any joy out of the game for the others. Sure sometimes you even get the occasional game where everyone is tryharding and everyone enjoys themselves with everything silly or scummy thing happening, but are you really going to tell me that the average survivor likes to be non stopped chased from the start of each unhook to dead having about 3 or often less minutes actually being able to play? (Time on hook and dirt do not count towards these 3 or less min) That's why the "chill" players complain. The chill ones don't really care about winning, but if they lost due to cheep or straight up dull tactics instead of something interesting like a close game or a funny stomp…well skippy what do you think happens?

    As for the second paragraph...are you talking about the event or normally? Cause let me tell ya...in normal 1v4 killer is the stronger of the 2. Que the outrage.

  • @CorgiSploots said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094069#Comment_4094069

    You are kidding me, killer has never been easier outside maybe 1% of swfs and the stats already showed they win 1% more than solo queue. Survivor is not easy I dunno where ya'll get this nonsense when they have to know every killer power/add on/perk whereas We killer only have to know perks and have numerous that negate survivor items such as lightborn. We only have to worry about teammate in 2v8 wheras one survivor is enough to snowball 3 at 5 gens. And dont get me started on how utterly useless bots are.

    And I'm tired of this "people have no where else to try hard." As if we got a comp mode where rules apply and 90% of killers wouldn't sit in casual making it still as bad because they don't actually care about integrity. I want to know I'm doing good because I'm doing good, not because I'm abusing an aspect of the game that clearly is unhealthy and likely going to be heavily punished if this event is any indication

    I am the one thinking that you're playing a different game. Killer is in the worst state it has ever been. The perks have all been nerfed to garbage level, while survivor perks only got stronger with time (except OTR). There is literally no killer perk that was ever meta that wasn't nerfed (if you disregard Nowhere to Hide), while survivors have perks like Lithe and WoO, who have stupidly high usage rates and were never toched (not that I think that Lithe needs nerfs, but if the devs applied the same logic of impact in the game they applied when nerfing Sloppy and Mangled effects Lithe would be gone), and on top of that they get new perks that instantly become meta when they release, such as STB, Finesse, Made for This (which broke the game for months before it was fixed), and the new WOT, while killers just got their first remotely decent perk since Knight with Henry (and Turn Back the Clock isn't even that great when comparing to the old Pop, Ruin, Thanatophobia, Eruption and many others.

    The game mechanics have also changed to pretty much always favour the survivor, with base BT that guarantees an escape in the end game, gen kicking limit, and anti-camping, while killers didn't get any substantial buffs since Dredge came, making generators take about 10 seconds longer. Survivor has never been easier, and you pretty much don't need to put any effort into actually trying to win. Last year, I even binged every survivor adept in a single weekend, only playing solo queue, with a win rate of about 80%. That's because survivor gameplay is basically, do gens and pray that your teammates do it as well.

    Also funny how you say "integrity", like every time I tunnel a survivor, a panda dies or something lmao. The game literally encourages you to tunnel into its base structure. Why? Because 4 survivors make gens go faster than 3. It is pure math. If you don't like it, go ask the devs to make a system where 4 survivors do generators slower, and 3 survivors do them quicker. Screaming at a killer because they tunnel is exactly like screaming at a survivor because they are splitting gens instead of 3 people focusing on one at the start of the game, it is just mathematical efficiency.

  • @GlamourousLeviathan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094073#Comment_4094073

    But if I am a player who likes to play to win every game? Which mode should I play on? There is none. A multiplayer PVP game is naturally gonna have players that want to win, and players who just want to chill, and that is why most games have a ranked and a normal mode, and you can't just ban players because they give their best at a game, so all you have to do is accept that people are gonna play different ways. Also, chill players shouldn't even care about players tryharding because if they don't care about winning, why would they care if the other side just stomped them? When I use a meme build or play a bad killer, I accept that I'm most likely gonna lose the moment I click to join a lobby, and I think that is logical.

    And also, as I said, killers tryhard more because they are the weaker role of the two, so even if they get chill survivors (not the type that is goofing, but the type that is lowkey trying to win), they have to play much more focused because if they are in the same "vibe" as the survivors he will just lose, simply because survivor gameplay requires much less skill overall.

    I despise this argument because it's such a strawman and playing obtuse for the sake of playing obtuse. There's a massive visible difference between playing to win and abusing aspects of the game to ensure you're the only one having any fun at the expense of everyone else in the lobby. We already have anti camp abandon bots base kit BT, and these werent added in for the sake of it. They were added as a result of killer players refusing to play fair in any regards. It was so bad before basekit BT you might as well write off the match if hooked because killer would instantly tunnel.

  • @GlamourousLeviathan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094076#Comment_4094076

    I am the one thinking that you're playing a different game. Killer is in the worst state it has ever been. The perks have all been nerfed to garbage level, while survivor perks only got stronger with time (except OTR). There is literally no killer perk that was ever meta that wasn't nerfed (if you disregard Nowhere to Hide), while survivors have perks like Lithe and WoO, who have stupidly high usage rates and were never toched (not that I think that Lithe needs nerfs, but if the devs applied the same logic of impact in the game they applied when nerfing Sloppy and Mangled effects Lithe would be gone), and on top of that they get new perks that instantly become meta when they release, such as STB, Finesse, Made for This (which broke the game for months before it was fixed), and the new WOT, while killers just got their first remotely decent perk since Knight with Henry (and Turn Back the Clock isn't even that great when comparing to the old Pop, Ruin, Thanatophobia, Eruption and many others.

    The game mechanics have also changed to pretty much always favour the survivor, with base BT that guarantees an escape in the end game, gen kicking limit, and anti-camping, while killers didn't get any substantial buffs since Dredge came, making generators take about 10 seconds longer. Survivor has never been easier, and you pretty much don't need to put any effort into actually trying to win. Last year, I even binged every survivor adept in a single weekend, only playing solo queue, with a win rate of about 80%. That's because survivor gameplay is basically, do gens and pray that your teammates do it as well.

    Also funny how you say "integrity", like every time I tunnel a survivor, a panda dies or something lmao. The game literally encourages you to tunnel into its base structure. Why? Because 4 survivors make gens go faster than 3. It is pure math. If you don't like it, go ask the devs to make a system where 4 survivors do generators slower, and 3 survivors do them quicker. Screaming at a killer because they tunnel is exactly like screaming at a survivor because they are splitting gens instead of 3 people focusing on one at the start of the game, it is just mathematical efficiency.

    Now I know you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and thus ending this conversation because I dislike people purposely being obtuse to sate their argument.

  • @CorgiSploots said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094079#Comment_4094079

    I despise this argument because it's such a strawman and playing obtuse for the sake of playing obtuse. There's a massive visible difference between playing to win and abusing aspects of the game to ensure you're the only one having any fun at the expense of everyone else in the lobby. We already have anti camp abandon bots base kit BT, and these werent added in for the sake of it. They were added as a result of killer players refusing to play fair in any regards. It was so bad before basekit BT you might as well write off the match if hooked because killer would instantly tunnel.

    You know what isn't playing fair? Taking the game hostage, cheating, and sabotaging your team. Tunneling and slugging exist because the game's balance incentivizes it. If it wasn't efficient, people wouldn't do as much, such is the case with facecamping, which is actively a bad idea since it reduces your pressure to 0 when you're doing. As long as it is the most effective strategy, because of gameplay mechanics, it is logical to do it. If killers and survivors were to come to an agreement where "killers can't tunnel and slug, but survivors can't also split gens and pop one in less than 2 minutes after the other," it would be ok since no killer likes to get gen rush just as much as no survivor likes to get hard tunneled. Both situations are unfun for the receiving side, and pretending it isn't is just a bad-faith argument. I will just tunnel every game I can because the game wants me too, and because I don't expect survivors to care about my fun either.

  • @CorgiSploots said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094079#Comment_4094079

    I despise this argument because it's such a strawman and playing obtuse for the sake of playing obtuse. There's a massive visible difference between playing to win and abusing aspects of the game to ensure you're the only one having any fun at the expense of everyone else in the lobby. We already have anti camp abandon bots base kit BT, and these werent added in for the sake of it. They were added as a result of killer players refusing to play fair in any regards. It was so bad before basekit BT you might as well write off the match if hooked because killer would instantly tunnel.

    What then make a killer play fair for you?
    - Spreading all hooks evenly among survivors?
    - Ignoring a survivor because he has already a hookstate when there are others that don't?
    - Picking up instantly even when others are around for a beamer/pallet save?
    - Always going for the unhooker?
    - Not punish survivor mistakes in general?
    - etc


    Why would and should the killer do this? Survivors don't stop doing gens just because the killer has only 2 hooks. They don't stay injured to make the killer down them more easlily.
    They use their perks,the map or whatever they can to their advantage. But let me guess: That is needed because all killers are unfair,toxic scumbags that deserve every bit of your resentment, right? :)

  • @Kekz0r85 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094091#Comment_4094091

    What then make a killer play fair for you?
    - Spreading all hooks evenly among survivors?
    - Ignoring a survivor because he has already a hookstate when there are others that don't?
    - Picking up instantly even when others are around for a beamer/pallet save?
    - Always going for the unhooker?
    - Not punish survivor mistakes in general?
    - etc


    Why would and should the killer do this? Survivors don't stop doing gens just because the killer has only 2 hooks. They don't stay injured to make the killer down them more easlily.
    They use their perks,the map or whatever they can to their advantage. But let me guess: That is needed because all killers are unfair,toxic scumbags that deserve every bit of your resentment, right? :)

    Im iri killer since before killer buffs that allow killers to have free reign. Ya'll are so up your butts about evil survivors meanwhile see a clearly new player something we as a game desperately needs and tunnel them out at 5 gens ensuring they never come back. I'm tired of the us vs them nonsense and put in my work on learning survivor. And Half ya'll are so reliant on your perks basic game sense is out the window. It's ridiculous how little any of you look around or do basic patrol. Or will chase for 2 minutes then whine about gen rush when abandoning chase is the clear answer. I can't even count how often killers will not even kick a gen that's more than halfway. Most of you have clear areas of needing certain perks but refuse because it's not the 'meta' build for whatever your killer is so lose because you need gen regression or pallet help.

  • @CorgiSploots said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094079#Comment_4094079

    I despise this argument because it's such a strawman and playing obtuse for the sake of playing obtuse. There's a massive visible difference between playing to win and abusing aspects of the game to ensure you're the only one having any fun at the expense of everyone else in the lobby. We already have anti camp abandon bots base kit BT, and these werent added in for the sake of it. They were added as a result of killer players refusing to play fair in any regards. It was so bad before basekit BT you might as well write off the match if hooked because killer would instantly tunnel.

    My brother in the mist, this isn't a bipartisan issue - why are you trying to villainize killers as the primary individuals not prioritizing the other sides fun? I've seen bullysquad after bullysquad in this event, and more and more recent to the casual game mode it's become an increasing phenomenon. Are those people prioritizing killer fun? Is it prioritizing killer fun when you bring a four flash sabo squad sporting boil-over and flip-flop?

    I'm not saying survivors are the bad guys, to be clear : They aren't. They are responding to Killers. Killers are responding to them. This is a two way street. Both sides are being equally awful. Summarizing it with a high-horse opinion of 'it's all the killers faults' when you can just as easily find groups of survs going into a game with the express intent to make a killer miserable rather than win, as you can find a killer going in to tunnel/slug, is disingenuous.

    Both sides are being cruel, and I don't understand where you think you have positioned yourself as to speak to 'I'm tired of the us vs them nonsense' while espousing that exact view. Take a breath, my man. I think you're a little lost in the emotional turbulence of whatever is going on in your recent games.

  • I play killer in the event queue because of fast queue times. I have been playing some SoloQ matches in the event, and the amount of times I have been hard tunneled out or slugged while a greedy killer has to get their 4K has been egregious. At least if I play killer I am guaranteed to get decent value out of my cakes and I know I am in a match where the killers isn't a complete cretin. I never slug for the 4K and let the last survivor have the hatch more often than not.

    I have been playing Legion because I always make great points with them and I can vault the invincible pallets and they can chew through the free heals the Banquet Payoffs give. Getting frenzy stabs on invisible survivors is incredibly satisfying.

    I don't think the event is as survivor-sided as everyone else does because you can get some really broken generator spawns and survivors often waste a lot of time messing with the event stuff rather than getting gens done. But I'm not really thinking about it that much. It's more about getting 18 cakes for every ~3-4 games I play which makes the game so much more bearable.

  • @NeverSolus said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094091#Comment_4094091

    My brother in the mist, this isn't a bipartisan issue - why are you trying to villainize killers as the primary individuals not prioritizing the other sides fun? I've seen bullysquad after bullysquad in this event, and more and more recent to the casual game mode it's become an increasing phenomenon. Are those people prioritizing killer fun? Is it prioritizing killer fun when you bring a four flash sabo squad sporting boil-over and flip-flop?

    I'm not saying survivors are the bad guys, to be clear : They aren't. They are responding to Killers. Killers are responding to them. This is a two way street. Both sides are being equally awful. Summarizing it with a high-horse opinion of 'it's all the killers faults' when you can just as easily find groups of survs going into a game with the express intent to make a killer miserable rather than win, as you can find a killer going in to tunnel/slug, is disingenuous.

    Both sides are being cruel, and I don't understand where you think you have positioned yourself as to speak to 'I'm tired of the us vs them nonsense' while espousing that exact view. Take a breath, my man. I think you're a little lost in the emotional turbulence of whatever is going on in your recent games.

    No I'm not emotional, I'm just legit tired when survivors greatest BM is tbagging or trash talk. Meanwhile killers were so disgusting people refuse to play Orela because they don't want to be tunneled out for her being a trans women. There was a hunt sables event, the bubba incident when he first dropped. Tell me what has survivors done that is remotely on these levels? Because Lara crashing out at you in egc isn't anywhere near tunneling out players for picking certain characters or having certain traits.

    I'm just not drinking the poor killers kool aid anymore and found that more often than not survivors are willing to try and improve whereas Killers have everything from hook respawns to no anti camp at end game and it's still not enough. This is the only pvp game I've ever played in which actions that would catch a BM suspension anywhere else are treated like gospel and the other side just needs to git gud but not too good otherwise we'll make another second chance perk require a blood sacrifice.

  • @CorgiSploots said:

    I'm going to be the outliner and say this was going to happen, The fact they went this hard for survivors should really say something about how bad survivor play levels were for the last few events outside 2v8. I've said it 1000 times, but killers cannot treat every lobby like their families lives depend on it. We need players on both sides.

    This is pretty much my assumption as well. The past few events have been killer-sided and I really think that the Devs this time went the other way around. And in theory Killers should also be fine with it, because "You dont have to play in the event queue" was a common thing to say when someone complained about the killer-sided event. Seems not to apply this time for some reason.

    Overall I think they did not want to do another killer-sided Anniversary Event when Killer Queues were already long due to Jason. Even now I dont have long Survivor Queues, I wait 20 seconds instead of them being instant, so not much has changed for Survivors here. Event Queues for Killer are also better than they were before, which is a good thing.

    @ForTheEntity said:

    I play killer in the event queue because of fast queue times. I have been playing some SoloQ matches in the event, and the amount of times I have been hard tunneled out or slugged while a greedy killer has to get their 4K has been egregious. At least if I play killer I am guaranteed to get decent value out of my cakes and I know I am in a match where the killers isn't a complete cretin. I never slug for the 4K and let the last survivor have the hatch more often than not.

    I have been playing Legion because I always make great points with them and I can vault the invincible pallets and they can chew through the free heals the Banquet Payoffs give. Getting frenzy stabs on invisible survivors is incredibly satisfying.

    I don't think the event is as survivor-sided as everyone else does because you can get some really broken generator spawns and survivors often waste a lot of time messing with the event stuff rather than getting gens done. But I'm not really thinking about it that much. It's more about getting 18 cakes for every ~3-4 games I play which makes the game so much more bearable.

    I don't think the event is as survivor-sided as everyone else does because you can get some really broken generator spawns and survivors often waste a lot of time messing with the event stuff rather than getting gens done. But I'm not really thinking about it that much. It's more about getting 18 cakes for every ~3-4 games I play which makes the game so much more bearable.

    I would agree. I did not play the first day, simply because currently my country is in a heatwave and it is not really enjoyable to sit in front of the PC and sweat (no pun intended). But I dont think it is as bad as people claim it to be. I dont think that I will play or run into any low Tier Killers in the event, but this is just normal for me. The only difference I see is a higher Legion count and thats about it.

  • @CorgiSploots said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094097#Comment_4094097

    Im iri killer since before killer buffs that allow killers to have free reign. Ya'll are so up your butts about evil survivors meanwhile see a clearly new player something we as a game desperately needs and tunnel them out at 5 gens ensuring they never come back. I'm tired of the us vs them nonsense and put in my work on learning survivor. And Half ya'll are so reliant on your perks basic game sense is out the window. It's ridiculous how little any of you look around or do basic patrol. Or will chase for 2 minutes then whine about gen rush when abandoning chase is the clear answer. I can't even count how often killers will not even kick a gen that's more than halfway. Most of you have clear areas of needing certain perks but refuse because it's not the 'meta' build for whatever your killer is so lose because you need gen regression or pallet help.

    Survivors are the ones that are over reliant on perks. So much so that whenever there is Chaos Shuffle I only play Chaos Shuffle because it is much better getting rid of meta survivor perks than keeping the crappy stuff killers have nowadays.

    But anyways, a survivor main is speaking, so I will just disregard anything you say, in the same way I do with flat earthers.

  • @Wezqu said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4093975#Comment_4093975

    Its fine but people are being greedy and wanting way more. I got about 30 per prestige.

    I mean, I vividly remember almost getting a cake per bloodweb. Sometimes 2. That's roughly 50 per prestige level. If you've had that for 9 years, I think it's reasonable to question the change.

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4093977#Comment_4093977

    I mean, I vividly remember almost getting a cake per bloodweb. Sometimes 2. That's roughly 50 per prestige level. If you've had that for 9 years, I think it's reasonable to question the change.

    Reasonable maybe but in the end its Behavior's decision of how many cakes they want people to get and in the end you get about 30 every prestige. Currently in event queue you get like 150-250k per match with that math it takes about 5-7 matches to get one prestige. That leaves you about 23-25 cakes per prestige if you used one every match. You also can take into account that you get refunded any bloodpoints over 2k that you used on an even item or offering so you are even prestiging up faster than normal too because of that. In my opinion that is reasonable and there is others here who agree on that.

  • @Rulebreaker said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094079#Comment_4094079

    Your free to play on the normal mode, but your going to be called on for being a try hard if you play like there's a knife at your neck. And no you can't complain about it because you KNOW there's nothing really at stake yet continue to play like that in effectively a casual game. No one's getting banned over being a tryhard, but everyone has a right to call people on stuff that makes the game unfun for them. Your just as free to say something like "my fun is tryharding" and people got to accept that's what you like or whine just as when you get told to stop being a tryhard you either accept people don't like it or whine. But honestly in my opinion it would make the game more enjoyable to not have people sucking the life out of the game by optimizing themselves to basically be robots.

    Moving on, it's not playing to win that's the problem. It's playing to win using every below the belt tactic and taking any joy out of the game for the others. Sure sometimes you even get the occasional game where everyone is tryharding and everyone enjoys themselves with everything silly or scummy thing happening, but are you really going to tell me that the average survivor likes to be non stopped chased from the start of each unhook to dead having about 3 or often less minutes actually being able to play? (Time on hook and dirt do not count towards these 3 or less min) That's why the "chill" players complain. The chill ones don't really care about winning, but if they lost due to cheep or straight up dull tactics instead of something interesting like a close game or a funny stomp…well skippy what do you think happens?

    As for the second paragraph...are you talking about the event or normally? Cause let me tell ya...in normal 1v4 killer is the stronger of the 2. Que the outrage.

    The issue is this is an argument only against the killer playing optimally, because they can take survivors out of the game, which is their job.

    I've played against bully squads, proper bully squads not just some rando's with flashlights, and I've played against some pretty pretty insane blights/nurses/hillbillys (I've played against lillithomen's blight, and alf's nurse) but never complain about the sweaty/optimised playstyle because everyone's trying to win. Thats the point of the game, its only playing like "holding a knife to your throat" when a killer trys to win asap, but when survivors bring ds, head on, dead hard/sb, adrenaline with 4 flashlights and try and make your life a living hell whilst having 1 person set on gen's and them all being decent loopers, you also feel the "Knife at your throat" playstyle from them. At the end of the day, thats less likely to happen on survivors sure because 58% of survivors soloqueue, so most the time your against rando's, and so it feels worse to be tunnelled out/slugged for the 4k ect ect, but theyre both being tryhards and ignoring one sides fun for another.

    I've made a couple posts about it, but if the game wants to remove these "below the belt tactics" that your of course alluding to (only from the killer, tunneling/slugging are the first that come to mind but theres probably 5/6 more you could educate me on) we need to casualise the game, which means whilst removing these tactics, also making it easier for killers to gain pressure (such as a basekit thanat) and make it easier to snowball so they don't need to sweat. It needs to be easier for killers to gain pressure, and also punish/remove the ability to tunnel/slug heavily. Doing one without the other just ruins one side, and I wouldn't advocate for either of them alone.

    Killer is definitely stronger than your average soloqueue if they play the best killers/builds. The average killer vs the average survivor, killer probably beats. But we want diversity in killers/killer builds from the sounds of things, we want the trappers, ghostfaces and huntresses. So we do need the weaker killers to be stronger, and buff the communication between the soloqueue survivors so they go up to casual swf, and balance around that.

  • @shozu said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4093487#Comment_4093487

    Still don't understand the hate for ghoul. After having his pallet vault and pallet break power cool down, he's a m1 killer once he has you injured IF YOUR POSITIONING IS GOOD. He mainly excels against survivors who like to hold w to make distance into a dead zone rather than playing a nearby loop.😕

    The issue with the crayon king is, that he is not an M1 killer. He can dash slop on your ass even on pallet loops. He has the ability to prompt steal and wraiths bodyblock on crack. An appropriate nerf would be to completely remove the initial injure and only keep the mark to power up your dash.

  • @CorgiSploots said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094079#Comment_4094079

    I despise this argument because it's such a strawman and playing obtuse for the sake of playing obtuse. There's a massive visible difference between playing to win and abusing aspects of the game to ensure you're the only one having any fun at the expense of everyone else in the lobby. We already have anti camp abandon bots base kit BT, and these werent added in for the sake of it. They were added as a result of killer players refusing to play fair in any regards. It was so bad before basekit BT you might as well write off the match if hooked because killer would instantly tunnel.

    We have anti-camp and base kit BT because devs realised to remove tunneling/camping they would need to rework most of the game, and that whilst being tunneled/camped isn't fun and just telling survivors to rush gens and get out isnt fun for the survivor on hooks, removing the ability to play efficiently massively nerfs killers and makes it so against good (not competitive, not bully squad, just competent) survivors it becomes a struggle.

    "refusing to play fair in any regards"- it is playing fair, its playing by the rules of the game. What you mean is you don't like them playing hyper-efficiently because they're struggling/want to win and it removes your ability to play the game. My response is going to be that yes, yours and other survivors fun is IMPORTANT. heavily so, which is why when they added basekit bt/haste and anti-camp i was glad. But unless the game moves in a casual way, you cannot remove the advantage tunneling/camping gives. By this i mean not just removing camping/slugging/tunneling (or make it entirely innefficient), but also making it easier for killers to give pressure round the board and making it so they're able to slowdown the game/snowball without tunneling/camping (which a lot of killers struggle with as it stands). The devs have made it clear through their targeted nerfs that they don't just care about casual play but comp/tourney scene and high levels of play, the nerfs i can use as an example is the DH nerf, and the nerf to huntresses ms. Both of these heavily impeded casual play whilst DH still has uses at high mmr because its still good.

    So yes, i feel for the people who hate camping/tunneling/slugging, i do. In fact i advocate for balancing more casually. But they need to balance casually around the board. Because whilst killer is stronger than soloqueue survivor, it is also widely accepted its in its least fun state is been in for years, with the constant need to apply pressure, constant uptime and pressure whilst survivors generally get downtime. Survivors (at least the average/soloqueue experience) is weaker than the average killer experience, doesn't make killer fun right now.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094054#Comment_4094054

    This is pretty much my assumption as well. The past few events have been killer-sided and I really think that the Devs this time went the other way around. And in theory Killers should also be fine with it, because "You dont have to play in the event queue" was a common thing to say when someone complained about the killer-sided event. Seems not to apply this time for some reason.

    Overall I think they did not want to do another killer-sided Anniversary Event when Killer Queues were already long due to Jason. Even now I dont have long Survivor Queues, I wait 20 seconds instead of them being instant, so not much has changed for Survivors here. Event Queues for Killer are also better than they were before, which is a good thing.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094104#Comment_4094104

    I don't think the event is as survivor-sided as everyone else does because you can get some really broken generator spawns and survivors often waste a lot of time messing with the event stuff rather than getting gens done. But I'm not really thinking about it that much. It's more about getting 18 cakes for every ~3-4 games I play which makes the game so much more bearable.

    I would agree. I did not play the first day, simply because currently my country is in a heatwave and it is not really enjoyable to sit in front of the PC and sweat (no pun intended). But I dont think it is as bad as people claim it to be. I dont think that I will play or run into any low Tier Killers in the event, but this is just normal for me. The only difference I see is a higher Legion count and thats about it.

    Its very 50/50 imo, I've played maybe 20 games of the event (and im in the UK with the heatwave, its killing me) and ive had i think 7 games where they knew how to abuse the feast mechanic, stocking it up then using it for aoe heal and boost mid chases whilst pressuring gens, and making the game incredibly hard for me. The other games I had casual gamer's who weren't sweating and and used the cakes ect but stocked up maybe one or two times the banquet.

    The games with the less casual gamers were 10+ minute games due to me having to drop chases, allow them to reset whilst chasing someone else and then hook when it was safe. It took me so long, even with tunnelling when possible. Genuinely sweat fests all around, and it wasn't enjoyable at all. It really did extenuate the difference between killer/survivor in the event if they knew how to play.

    The casual games i kinda just let happen, committed to all my chases even when it was bad and had a blast against some good survivors. They didn't spam heals/cakes ect so I kinda just relaxed and didn't play efficiently (even though my killer/build were made incase they were good survivors).

    In the games with less causal gamers, i either 3/4k or they all escaped. there was no inbetween. In my games playing laid back, it was usually a 2e just because my gen pressure wasn't all that and even if i returned to hook i tried to focus the unhooker unless they bodyblocked for them. Idm, it was more fun when i wasnt trying as hard, but it definitely can go from 0 to 100 depending on the survivors and how good they are in the event.

  • @Wezqu said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094126#Comment_4094126

    Reasonable maybe but in the end its Behavior's decision of how many cakes they want people to get and in the end you get about 30 every prestige. Currently in event queue you get like 150-250k per match with that math it takes about 5-7 matches to get one prestige. That leaves you about 23-25 cakes per prestige if you used one every match. You also can take into account that you get refunded any bloodpoints over 2k that you used on an even item or offering so you are even prestiging up faster than normal too because of that. In my opinion that is reasonable and there is others here who agree on that.

    It's reasonable, sure.

    It just feels bad, that the 10th anniversary offers less than the anniversaries before. It's should be the other way around.

    Then again, it's bhvr. After all the years I've played the game and engaged with its community, I'm really not surprised by anything at this point.

  • @CorgiSploots said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094101#Comment_4094101

    No I'm not emotional, I'm just legit tired when survivors greatest BM is tbagging or trash talk. Meanwhile killers were so disgusting people refuse to play Orela because they don't want to be tunneled out for her being a trans women. There was a hunt sables event, the bubba incident when he first dropped. Tell me what has survivors done that is remotely on these levels? Because Lara crashing out at you in egc isn't anywhere near tunneling out players for picking certain characters or having certain traits.

    I'm just not drinking the poor killers kool aid anymore and found that more often than not survivors are willing to try and improve whereas Killers have everything from hook respawns to no anti camp at end game and it's still not enough. This is the only pvp game I've ever played in which actions that would catch a BM suspension anywhere else are treated like gospel and the other side just needs to git gud but not too good otherwise we'll make another second chance perk require a blood sacrifice.

    1. No I'm not emotional, I'm just legit tired when survivors greatest BM is tbagging or trash talk. Meanwhile killers were so disgusting people refuse to play Orela because they don't want to be tunneled out for her being a trans women. There was a hunt sables event, the bubba incident when he first dropped. Tell me what has survivors done that is remotely on these levels?

      Uhm?

      What does that have to do with BM'ing? You realize a handful of the killer pop did the stuff you're talking about, just like a handful did the nonsense survivors do, right? Why are you bringing this up?


      2. 'Lara crashing out at you in egc isn't anywhere near tunneling otu players for picking certain characters or having certain traits.

      You're wrong. A person killing you in a video game you not knowing why is not worse than someone calling you the actual racial slurs and the actual discriminatory terms that would be used to attack people like Orela. You assuming they killed you first is nothing comparable to people actually confirming it and telling you to turn yourself off, etc etc. Actually saying things is worse than letting people assume how you feel. If you really want to argue whether Orela would feel worse in a room where no one said anything versus a room where they were outright throwing slurs at her, that's on you to argue and I want no part in it.



      I won't drag on further with replies as you are coming of rambling and incoherent, and I hope you have a good day and/or find some relief from whatever is going on in your life. This ain't it chief.

  • @Abyast1 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094083#Comment_4094083

    The issue is this is an argument only against the killer playing optimally, because they can take survivors out of the game, which is their job.

    I've played against bully squads, proper bully squads not just some rando's with flashlights, and I've played against some pretty pretty insane blights/nurses/hillbillys (I've played against lillithomen's blight, and alf's nurse) but never complain about the sweaty/optimised playstyle because everyone's trying to win. Thats the point of the game, its only playing like "holding a knife to your throat" when a killer trys to win asap, but when survivors bring ds, head on, dead hard/sb, adrenaline with 4 flashlights and try and make your life a living hell whilst having 1 person set on gen's and them all being decent loopers, you also feel the "Knife at your throat" playstyle from them. At the end of the day, thats less likely to happen on survivors sure because 58% of survivors soloqueue, so most the time your against rando's, and so it feels worse to be tunnelled out/slugged for the 4k ect ect, but theyre both being tryhards and ignoring one sides fun for another.

    I've made a couple posts about it, but if the game wants to remove these "below the belt tactics" that your of course alluding to (only from the killer, tunneling/slugging are the first that come to mind but theres probably 5/6 more you could educate me on) we need to casualise the game, which means whilst removing these tactics, also making it easier for killers to gain pressure (such as a basekit thanat) and make it easier to snowball so they don't need to sweat. It needs to be easier for killers to gain pressure, and also punish/remove the ability to tunnel/slug heavily. Doing one without the other just ruins one side, and I wouldn't advocate for either of them alone.

    Killer is definitely stronger than your average soloqueue if they play the best killers/builds. The average killer vs the average survivor, killer probably beats. But we want diversity in killers/killer builds from the sounds of things, we want the trappers, ghostfaces and huntresses. So we do need the weaker killers to be stronger, and buff the communication between the soloqueue survivors so they go up to casual swf, and balance around that.

    The issue is this is an argument only against the killer playing optimally, because they can take survivors out of the game, which is their job.

    It's not just a killer thing, it's both sides (the playing optimally bit). The thing is that no one really calls out survivors on it even when they could OR try calling it just because they lost. Personal theory is because it's A: rarer (bar this event) B: the killer is still able to play the whole trial.

    I've played against bully squads, proper bully yada yada this paragraph

    Hence the above. You could have absolutely called "tryhard" on those survivors, yet didn't. I know some of my friends will call some survivors tryhards, either in good nature or scorn, but generally in discord or something and not in trial to them. That's a people thing.

    I've made a couple posts about it, but if the game wants to remove these "below the belt tactics"

    While I'm personally not opposed to free upgrades, I'ma point out something shocking. Killers don't need to sweat from the start of the trial to stand a chance against the average groups. It's when the survivors sweat first that the killer generally needs to sweat, but if the survivors don't sweat and the killer is sweating first they're going to die fast or in a crippled position at best. It's a weird "who draws first bead of sweat" stand off.

    Funny enough tunneling and Slugging in itself isn't really below the belt. When you only see that recently unhooked survivor, no one sensible will argue. When you down someone under a pallet and there's someone else nearby no one should complain about being slugged. It going out of your way to tunnel at 5 gens despite other survivors literally throwing themselves at you where that becomes a problem. With Slugging it's "for the bleed out" or "I wanna slug everyone cause I'm a coward afraid of perks" or everyone's favorite "I'ma slug cause I neeeeeed that 4k for....I don't really know". See the difference? If not can't help ya.

    Killer is definitely stronger than your average soloqueue

    What I quoted is true. I can win as the likes of GF, Pig, and Trapper even against your average swat squad with gimmicky builds. Now, I got to work my butt off for it compared to say Artist, but it can be done. Generally, all I see is people copying the meta or content creators which then leads to trouble when against people who know what they doing. Killers as a whole are just fine.

  • Im not even bothering to play dbd this event outside of the bare minimum for the skins, and you bet im only playing survivor.

  • I play a few matches so survivors can have fun too and see odd ball killers. Its still fun in small doses.

  • @Rulebreaker said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094150#Comment_4094150

    The issue is this is an argument only against the killer playing optimally, because they can take survivors out of the game, which is their job.

    It's not just a killer thing, it's both sides (the playing optimally bit). The thing is that no one really calls out survivors on it even when they could OR try calling it just because they lost. Personal theory is because it's A: rarer (bar this event) B: the killer is still able to play the whole trial.

    I've played against bully squads, proper bully yada yada this paragraph

    Hence the above. You could have absolutely called "tryhard" on those survivors, yet didn't. I know some of my friends will call some survivors tryhards, either in good nature or scorn, but generally in discord or something and not in trial to them. That's a people thing.

    I've made a couple posts about it, but if the game wants to remove these "below the belt tactics"

    While I'm personally not opposed to free upgrades, I'ma point out something shocking. Killers don't need to sweat from the start of the trial to stand a chance against the average groups. It's when the survivors sweat first that the killer generally needs to sweat, but if the survivors don't sweat and the killer is sweating first they're going to die fast or in a crippled position at best. It's a weird "who draws first bead of sweat" stand off.

    Funny enough tunneling and Slugging in itself isn't really below the belt. When you only see that recently unhooked survivor, no one sensible will argue. When you down someone under a pallet and there's someone else nearby no one should complain about being slugged. It going out of your way to tunnel at 5 gens despite other survivors literally throwing themselves at you where that becomes a problem. With Slugging it's "for the bleed out" or "I wanna slug everyone cause I'm a coward afraid of perks" or everyone's favorite "I'ma slug cause I neeeeeed that 4k for....I don't really know". See the difference? If not can't help ya.

    Killer is definitely stronger than your average soloqueue

    What I quoted is true. I can win as the likes of GF, Pig, and Trapper even against your average swat squad with gimmicky builds. Now, I got to work my butt off for it compared to say Artist, but it can be done. Generally, all I see is people copying the meta or content creators which then leads to trouble when against people who know what they doing. Killers as a whole are just fine.

    ill go point by point here:

    1. Killers don't need to sweat against your average survivors, your correct. However, realising they're your average survivors or not takes a chase or two, and gens can pop incredibly quickly if you chase the wrong person. To switch from chase 1/2 times and not get a down makes you feel the pressure to tunnel, even if only one gen has popped. I usually play sweaty for the first few chases then turn it down when i realise theyre just not that strong. It depends on the survivors and whether i can comfortably get a hook or two before 2 gens pop.
    2. I agree with tunneling/slugging not being below the belt, was just paraphrasing using the terminology used in the comment i quoted (might've been yours), im completely fine with good survivors playing efficiently and good killers playing efficiently. The comment "It going out of your way to tunnel at 5 gens despite other survivors literally throwing themselves at you where that becomes a problem" again i disagree. Much like how if a survivor group plays efficiently from the outset i don't scorn them. Its after a two/three chases that i start to question whether theyre slugging/tunneling cuz they have to or can. Even if 1 survivors throwing themselves under, doesn't mean two gens cant pop straight after, and then the heat is really on. But yes, you should tone it down once youve noticed theyre not that good.
    3. "What I quoted is true. I can win as the likes of GF, Pig, and Trapper even against your average swat squad with gimmicky builds. Now, I got to work my butt off for it compared to say Artist, but it can be done. Generally, all I see is people copying the meta or content creators which then leads to trouble when against people who know what they doing. Killers as a whole are just fine." sorry ima block quote and then pick it apart. I cannot get a consistent 2k with some of the weaker killers on none meta builds. I often play some of the weaker killers for fun (hag, cenobite, ghost face, doctor old myers ect). Yes that could be a skill issue, especially since im not as well versed with those killers (i main deathslinger, jason, wraith and huntress right now, very much a ranged killer main), but even when i play my mains i generally don't play the META build (for example my jason build is discordance, bbq, ruin and pain res rather than the totem build or friends till the end and furtive chase with two slowdown perks) but not weak builds as i understand the killers need them to play more casual. I agree killers as a whole are fine, i would also say survivors have a lot of tools to change that, and id rather overestimate them at first, see how the game goes, and then play depending on how skillfull they are than underestimate them, have to sweat my balls off to possibly get a 2k because I didn't go in sweating

    I don't think we disagree on much here tbh.

  • I am getting rolled as killer in this event a lot but I am still getting a lot of BP so it’s whatever lol.

  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    I am getting rolled as killer in this event a lot but I am still getting a lot of BP so it’s whatever lol.

    If your goal is to make as much bp as you can get from this trash event and even have some few more hooks or even kills then pick some top tier killers that can deal with lot of these busted effects.

    If not its your call but you will get destroyed as sadako or other weaker killer not to mention swf in this mode are power role like released nurse was.

  • @Abbzy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094431#Comment_4094431

    If your goal is to make as much bp as you can get from this trash event and even have some few more hooks or even kills then pick some top tier killers that can deal with lot of these busted effects.

    If not its your call but you will get destroyed as sadako or other weaker killer not to mention swf in this mode are power role like released nurse was.

    All good, I am not trying to min‑max BP, just having fun playing killer even if I get stomped. Event’s busted but the points still add up in my favor and because killers don’t want to play the event my queue times are instant vs the wait times in regular 1v4.

  • @RavenBirb said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4093458#Comment_4093458

    You need to play super aggressive or lose, survivors power through mostly every game if they aren't afk or playing brand new.

    survivor mains really just need to get a clue

    It sounds like you have a lot more autonomy than the average Survivor then. You're still choosing to play super aggressively in the event queue as well, which honestly is only proving that even with stronger powers Survivors will still be easily steamrolled if Killer wants it bad enough.

  • @GlamourousLeviathan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094028#Comment_4094028

    Because when a new killer drops, the game doesn't necessarily become unplayable. It gives the impression that the new killer is harder on SoloQ because of how the game is structured in a 1v4. In typical 5v5 games, when a new character drops, it doesn't feel as impactful because, since you're gonna face them alongside 4 other enemies, the game isn't dictated by how much you and your teammates know how to counter the new abilities. On DbD its different, since the game is dictated by the killer, so your random soloq teammates, not knowing what to do against Jason (because they likely haven't watched videos about how to counter him), are just gonna be at a great disadvantage. This is, however, the structure of the game as a 1v4, and there is little BHVR can do about that unless they just never release a new killer again. But objectively speaking, none of the killers BHVR released since OG Legion have been OP, to realize that, you just have to use Nurse as a standard, which is a killer that is VASTLY superior to any other killer to an absurd degree, and yet on competitive, she just doesn't stomp every game, even when survivors have guardrails to them.

    That being said, the difference between new killer releases and this mode is that this mode has a severe balancing issue, while new killers make the game harder because it takes time for survivors to adjust, which is understandable.

    That's definitely part of it, for sure. But Killers are being released with unbalanced, bloated kits likely to make more money. It clogs the queue so that that's all you get and most trials are a total steamroll. Technically yes you can queue up during that, but it's really not worth it most of the time. And unlike these events, there is no separate queue to escape it. You either play Killer and wait, or you don't play at all.

  • Real question why would you ever play this game as killer. Game always was survivor sided and it only gets worse, yet people still play killer. Not talking about "wholesome" killers who fairplay, give hatches, etc... there is still good amount of people who play for win. So balance never was an issue for people... killers would play even such an event.

  • @Abyast1 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094329#Comment_4094329

    ill go point by point here:

    1. Killers don't need to sweat against your average survivors, your correct. However, realising they're your average survivors or not takes a chase or two, and gens can pop incredibly quickly if you chase the wrong person. To switch from chase 1/2 times and not get a down makes you feel the pressure to tunnel, even if only one gen has popped. I usually play sweaty for the first few chases then turn it down when i realise theyre just not that strong. It depends on the survivors and whether i can comfortably get a hook or two before 2 gens pop.
    2. I agree with tunneling/slugging not being below the belt, was just paraphrasing using the terminology used in the comment i quoted (might've been yours), im completely fine with good survivors playing efficiently and good killers playing efficiently. The comment "It going out of your way to tunnel at 5 gens despite other survivors literally throwing themselves at you where that becomes a problem" again i disagree. Much like how if a survivor group plays efficiently from the outset i don't scorn them. Its after a two/three chases that i start to question whether theyre slugging/tunneling cuz they have to or can. Even if 1 survivors throwing themselves under, doesn't mean two gens cant pop straight after, and then the heat is really on. But yes, you should tone it down once youve noticed theyre not that good.
    3. "What I quoted is true. I can win as the likes of GF, Pig, and Trapper even against your average swat squad with gimmicky builds. Now, I got to work my butt off for it compared to say Artist, but it can be done. Generally, all I see is people copying the meta or content creators which then leads to trouble when against people who know what they doing. Killers as a whole are just fine." sorry ima block quote and then pick it apart. I cannot get a consistent 2k with some of the weaker killers on none meta builds. I often play some of the weaker killers for fun (hag, cenobite, ghost face, doctor old myers ect). Yes that could be a skill issue, especially since im not as well versed with those killers (i main deathslinger, jason, wraith and huntress right now, very much a ranged killer main), but even when i play my mains i generally don't play the META build (for example my jason build is discordance, bbq, ruin and pain res rather than the totem build or friends till the end and furtive chase with two slowdown perks) but not weak builds as i understand the killers need them to play more casual. I agree killers as a whole are fine, i would also say survivors have a lot of tools to change that, and id rather overestimate them at first, see how the game goes, and then play depending on how skillfull they are than underestimate them, have to sweat my balls off to possibly get a 2k because I didn't go in sweating

    I don't think we disagree on much here tbh.

    1. Depends on how long you chase the wrong person, but regardless of that I often switch chases and still don't feel pressured to tunnel. Its a person by person base on what they feel and unfortunately a large amount feel that need at the slightest provocation. One scenario i often find is I chase S1, hit, find S2 while chasing S1, hit S2 and chase them, see S3 hit and chase them. And while chasing S3 i find S1 doing something and go catch them relatively quick. During this time 2 gens have popped on the outskirts and another or two has been worked on to some progress. The reason I don't feel pressured to tunnel despite switching repeatedly and loosing gens is because I got one on the hook, 2 injured, the two gens are in unimportant areas, and who knows how many resources were burned. I got 2 potential easy targets, the gens that popped were in unimportant places, and I got near guaranteed shorter chases all due to the previous. It's how people look at their situation.
    2. I mean, if they literally threw themselves at the killer they should be out of a safe position and injured or worse case down. If the killer literally doesn't bother to grab them (assuming it's safe to) despite that then yes it becomes a problem because the killer is so hyper focused on that one the rest are basically getting no interactions until that tunneled survivor dies and that one basically has one long chase with nothing else going on that trial. Feel free to disagree all ya want but that's where my line is drawn and a lot of others have similar lines.
    3. You are not me. Just as you could probably do something amazing with huntress that I could only dream of, I'm able to fight swat squads with the likes of Ghost face with things like dark devotion. Everyone is different, which I suppose is the moral of the 3 points here.

    It's all basically opinions. Though I personally disagree with some of yours as shown above.

  • @Brimp said:

    Yup. Either instant event queues or 5 minutes regular mode queues. On top of cakes being rarer for now… its just insane. Still waiting for people to abuse the unbreakable pallets on gideons to trap a killer behind one of the god pallets for 30+ seconds.

    ow it happend to me on pig i got trapped behind the tower on midwatch for a full minute

  • @UnicornMedal said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094031#Comment_4094031

    It sounds like you have a lot more autonomy than the average Survivor then. You're still choosing to play super aggressively in the event queue as well, which honestly is only proving that even with stronger powers Survivors will still be easily steamrolled if Killer wants it bad enough.

    that's because most survivors are dog ######### and rely on perks to carry them or other people being good enough to carry the bad survivors while killer has to do everything on there own. as well altruism wins me most games on killer people go in for save before i even leave and then they get mad i kill them.

  • @Domicci said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094489#Comment_4094489

    that's because most survivors are dog ######### and rely on perks to carry them or other people being good enough to carry the bad survivors while killer has to do everything on there own. as well altruism wins me most games on killer people go in for save before i even leave and then they get mad i kill them.

    Most killers are bad too, content creators just give them sympathy for sucking instead of calling them on it and that attitude has permeated the community. Seriously watch almost any of them, if the killer is doing poorly and is unable to catch the survivors they give the killer sympathy but if its a survivor doing bad they get trash talked. Otz has an incredible PR team with how he somehow manages to maintain a "wholesome" reputation with the way he shouts at survivors. I don't blame him for getting frustrated at the game and have done it myself but I don't have a reputation as wholesome.

  • @GlamourousLeviathan said:

    Besides the quests, of course.

    There is simply no new mechanics for them, no buffs, nothing, only insanely strong mechanics that only work for the survivors. The only thing the killers get are some small dessert buffs once the game is pretty much over.

    Like, why would anyone queue up in a mode where you're simply at an overwhelming disadvantage? lmao

    Killers??? what, people still enjoy this role?

    No but in all seriousness…. this event was clearly made by someone that have no idea how it is to play killer.

    I normally dont tunnel when i on rare occasions play killer, but with this event…. not tunneling isnt an option.

    But as you said, i would prefer to just play killer in normal mode or buffed survivor in event mode

  • @FerrousFacade said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094525#Comment_4094525

    Most killers are bad too, content creators just give them sympathy for sucking instead of calling them on it and that attitude has permeated the community. Seriously watch almost any of them, if the killer is doing poorly and is unable to catch the survivors they give the killer sympathy but if its a survivor doing bad they get trash talked. Otz has an incredibly PR team with how he somehow manages to maintain a "wholesome" reputation with the way he shouts at survivors. I don't blame him for getting frustrated at the game and have done it myself but I don't have a reputation as wholesome.

    Honestly, I find it completely out of touch when the folks who play this game for a living ######### on the casual players who hop on to chill out after being mentally drained by a hard day's work at their actual jobs. It's elitist bs, over a video game no less. My hubby has worked at mine sites for many years, it'd be like chucking a bunch of content creators out there into the hot sun and then standing around talking about how bad they are at it. Experience makes all the difference, go figure!

  • @Nazzzak said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094562#Comment_4094562

    Honestly, I find it completely out of touch when the folks who play this game for a living ######### on the casual players who hop on to chill out after being mentally drained by a hard day's work at their actual jobs. It's elitist bs, over a video game no less. My hubby has worked at mine sites for many years, it'd be like chucking a bunch of content creators out there into the hot sun and then standing around talking about how bad they are at it. Experience makes all the difference, go figure!

    Completely agree, no one should be expecting the average player to play as well as someone literally living off their ability at the game. Its a ridiculous standard that you can't possibly meet with a job and everything else that could be going on in life.

    Also the mental image of a bunch of professional gamers mining while a bunch of actual miners berate them is glorious, thank you.

  • @FerrousFacade said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094525#Comment_4094525

    Most killers are bad too, content creators just give them sympathy for sucking instead of calling them on it and that attitude has permeated the community. Seriously watch almost any of them, if the killer is doing poorly and is unable to catch the survivors they give the killer sympathy but if its a survivor doing bad they get trash talked. Otz has an incredible PR team with how he somehow manages to maintain a "wholesome" reputation with the way he shouts at survivors. I don't blame him for getting frustrated at the game and have done it myself but I don't have a reputation as wholesome.

    There are bad killers yes but killers only have themselves so they cant be carried like survivors not to mention how no killer perk is anywhere near as powerful as meta survivor perks. Also content creators crap on killers all the time calling them bad because they didnt play to the made up rules survivors have like no tunneling which is just getting someone out first or slugging when the kilelr has to because their teammates are around going for the save. Killers get way most toxicity from streamers the survivors do does it never happen to survivors no but killers get toxicity way more sense its a 4v1 game.

  • I just redownloaded DBD to check out the new game mode, and honestly, playing Killer has been the most frustrating experience I've had in a while. It seriously makes me want to uninstall and just go play TF2 instead.

    My main gripes are the invisibility food and the unbreakable pallets. It gets completely out of hand against SWFs. If I down someone, a teammate instantly picks them up with the food during my attack cooldown and they just extend the chase with Dead Hard. I'm literally just trying to have fun, but it feels impossible right now.

    I also just realized the invisible survivors actually make noise, but you can't even hear it because they ushualy activate it mid-chase when the music is blasting so unless you're playing Bubba and just flailing your chainsaw around, tracking them by sound is basically impossible.

    I see what BHVR was trying to do but uh… Yea they might have fumbled the bag with this one a bit

  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094447#Comment_4094447

    All good, I am not trying to min‑max BP, just having fun playing killer even if I get stomped. Event’s busted but the points still add up in my favor and because killers don’t want to play the event my queue times are instant vs the wait times in regular 1v4.

    As you say only benefit to be killer there are queue times and bp because of cakes but fun I wouldnt say that because survivors can run to tables all the time and have effects all the time and some are ultra busted.

    Presonaly it was more fun to deal with old dh then some effects in this event like pallets that cant be broken but survivors can still vault them Idk what sick guy came up with it but its horrible.

1 2 3