Why would you ever play the event as killer?

Besides the quests, of course.

There is simply no new mechanics for them, no buffs, nothing, only insanely strong mechanics that only work for the survivors. The only thing the killers get are some small dessert buffs once the game is pretty much over.

Like, why would anyone queue up in a mode where you're simply at an overwhelming disadvantage? lmao

Comments

  • @Domicci said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094562#Comment_4094562

    There are bad killers yes but killers only have themselves so they cant be carried like survivors not to mention how no killer perk is anywhere near as powerful as meta survivor perks. Also content creators crap on killers all the time calling them bad because they didnt play to the made up rules survivors have like no tunneling which is just getting someone out first or slugging when the kilelr has to because their teammates are around going for the save. Killers get way most toxicity from streamers the survivors do does it never happen to survivors no but killers get toxicity way more sense its a 4v1 game.

    Name the content creator of an actual decent size that berates killers for not playing by the survivor rulebook. Practically all of the big content creators are killer mains and the big survivor mains generally put out silly content or play with an entirely upbeat attitude because doing otherwise isn't entertaining on survivor. I can agree with you that there is a lot of toxicity in the game but generally when you get it from a random TTV survivor they have like 5 viewers. Compare that to all the shade I see thrown at survivors from large creators, many of whom are in the creator program, and its not even close. Otz calls survivors pathetic for daring to use unbreakable in a recent video, killer rulebook much lol (they are both ridiculous).

    No one is being carried by perks, the most powerful meta survivor perks (outside exhaustion) are used almost strictly to make certain oppressive killer strategies harder to execute. The only reason these perks are considered powerful is because of how incredibly strong the strategies they suppress are. You literally mention them in your post, tunneling and slugging, that isn't being carried by perks unless you also consider tunneling and slugging to be carrying the killer.

  • @Rulebreaker said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094338#Comment_4094338

    1. Depends on how long you chase the wrong person, but regardless of that I often switch chases and still don't feel pressured to tunnel. Its a person by person base on what they feel and unfortunately a large amount feel that need at the slightest provocation. One scenario i often find is I chase S1, hit, find S2 while chasing S1, hit S2 and chase them, see S3 hit and chase them. And while chasing S3 i find S1 doing something and go catch them relatively quick. During this time 2 gens have popped on the outskirts and another or two has been worked on to some progress. The reason I don't feel pressured to tunnel despite switching repeatedly and loosing gens is because I got one on the hook, 2 injured, the two gens are in unimportant areas, and who knows how many resources were burned. I got 2 potential easy targets, the gens that popped were in unimportant places, and I got near guaranteed shorter chases all due to the previous. It's how people look at their situation.
    2. I mean, if they literally threw themselves at the killer they should be out of a safe position and injured or worse case down. If the killer literally doesn't bother to grab them (assuming it's safe to) despite that then yes it becomes a problem because the killer is so hyper focused on that one the rest are basically getting no interactions until that tunneled survivor dies and that one basically has one long chase with nothing else going on that trial. Feel free to disagree all ya want but that's where my line is drawn and a lot of others have similar lines.
    3. You are not me. Just as you could probably do something amazing with huntress that I could only dream of, I'm able to fight swat squads with the likes of Ghost face with things like dark devotion. Everyone is different, which I suppose is the moral of the 3 points here.

    It's all basically opinions. Though I personally disagree with some of yours as shown above.

    It feels like this is the furthest we can go since it seems our disagreements are based on our own assessments of the game/skill at the game, so im happy to call it here. Thanks for the back and fourth tho, has been an interesting conversation.

  • @Abbzy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094449#Comment_4094449

    As you say only benefit to be killer there are queue times and bp because of cakes but fun I wouldnt say that because survivors can run to tables all the time and have effects all the time and some are ultra busted.

    Presonaly it was more fun to deal with old dh then some effects in this event like pallets that cant be broken but survivors can still vault them Idk what sick guy came up with it but its horrible.

    Yeah, there’s definitely some busted stuff in this event, but I still prefer it to the old DBD grind.

    I’ll take instant queues and goofy effects over 10‑minute lobby waits any day. It’s a bit dramatic to say “what sick guy came up with this”

  • I like playing killer more in the event cause I can just relax and get tons of bp. The only thing that bugs me is that, since I play on on PS5, using the poison is R3 so trying to use it and aim is so annoying lol.

  • @Domicci said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094489#Comment_4094489

    that's because most survivors are dog ######### and rely on perks to carry them or other people being good enough to carry the bad survivors while killer has to do everything on there own. as well altruism wins me most games on killer people go in for save before i even leave and then they get mad i kill them.

    The difference being that Killers have a lot more systems working for them in the game than not. Survivors have no catch up mechanic, they have very little presence in endgame, and nothing to defend themselves unless they're lucky or they have great synergy with their team (something even SWFs often lack).

    Survivors can't decide they're going to play the strongest power, run perks to deny progress, and use an overpowered cheese tactic to win the trial. Even with this event, how many Killers are leaving the trial with less than a 2k while these "impossible" abilities exist? Your situation with the pallet is unfair. The mechanics don't feel fun. We can acknowledge that. But this grandiose idea that Survivors are much stronger and are stomping the poor Killers is a stretch to say the least.

  • @UnicornMedal said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094031#Comment_4094031

    It sounds like you have a lot more autonomy than the average Survivor then. You're still choosing to play super aggressively in the event queue as well, which honestly is only proving that even with stronger powers Survivors will still be easily steamrolled if Killer wants it bad enough.

    I'm speaking more on the normal queue front. without any crazy add ons or perks from an event standpoint. The pallet density alone gives the survivors the power role depending on the killer. Handful of killers aren't teleporting through everything to end a chase, and if they have build to counter that then that leaves gens to get instantly turned on in most cases.

  • I don't, just played for the quests and went back to Dota2 of all things... i'm beyond disappointed...

  • @RavenBirb said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4094489#Comment_4094489

    I'm speaking more on the normal queue front. without any crazy add ons or perks from an event standpoint. The pallet density alone gives the survivors the power role depending on the killer. Handful of killers aren't teleporting through everything to end a chase, and if they have build to counter that then that leaves gens to get instantly turned on in most cases.

    There is a massive gap between point A and point B in that example.

    92ae3b66329ab400f07c74e1f27a24d9.gif
1 2 3 ›