Why people claim Killer got suddenly hard to play?

For me I feel its totaly same as always. Nothing rly changed. Some games you stomp, some games you get stomped and most of them you get like 1-3K and do just fine.

Tagged: Co-ordinatorMod

Comments

  • I honestly haven't noticed any difference at all.

    As Killer, I still win most of my games with my main. I do sometimes struggle to do well with Killers I'm less familiar or skilled with, but that's always been the case and to be expected.

    People talk about the anti go next feature making a difference but I don't see it. In my experience, the only thing that it's succeeded in doing is making Survivors play out lost trials and maybe one of them gets the hatch. That's the only difference. Killers are still getting a 3K or 4K in most of my Survivor trials, unless the Killer is obviously new to the role or not running any regression.

    What might have changed is that weaker, less skilled Survivors now play a lot less DBD because there's no way to leave a frustrating game and get into your next one. You HAVE to play every game to a conclusion. I got a hatch escape against a Wesker on Haddonfield today but I would have dropped on hook before anti go next, because there was absolutely no way the team were going to make any kind of comeback. Honestly, I would rather have been out of that match sooner than get the hatch escape, because the experience was still a miserable one. It's not just about escapes and kills, but about the fun factor (and I'm not having much of that on the Survivor side at the moment).

    I think lots of low or mid MMR players are quitting or playing less, leaving only Survivors that are more dedicated or skilled left to keep playing. This might be what's causing Killer to "feel" like its gotten harder, even if it hasn't. Of course, this only applies to jaded "veteran" players. Newbie Survivors are probably still playing a fair amount because they have more stuff to grind BP for and aren't as burned out.

  • @ChuckingWong said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3965000#Comment_3965000

    "Basekit Reassurance". Hope me saying it out loud helped you in some manner.

    The time of a hook-state was changed to 70 seconds from 60 in Patch 8.2.0

    What?

    Edit: Oh they are trying to say these two things are equal.
    Yea thats not how reassurance works.

    Did I miss a change when they reworked Reassurance to do something else than extending the time it takes to advance a hook state?
    Or do you also have another name for Basekit-BT? After all it's only 10 seconds - the actual perk gave 12 back in the day.

  • @I_Cant_Loop said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3965049#Comment_3965049

    It would be great have this as an official forum rule (applies to both sides). The “us vs them” stuff like this makes up a vast majority of the toxicity on the forum. All it does is make people feel like they’re doing something wrong simply because they prefer one role or the other. Keeping that stuff off the forum would make this a far more welcoming and productive place to have real discussions.

    While I agree in theory (and admit i probably should tone it back a bit, as some of my recent jokes have been a little more mean-spirited than i usually try to be), in practice this becomes extremely hard to enforce. Where is the line between "us-vs-them complaining" and "rightfully pointing out an issue that benefits one side to the detriment of fun overall"? Will people feel afraid to express their legitimate opinions for fear of running afoul of the rules?

    If we do look at banning us-vs-them, we should tread lightly with how we do it

  • @Evan_ said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3965007#Comment_3965007

    Did I miss a change when they reworked Reassurance to do something else than extending the time it takes to advance a hook state?
    Or do you also have another name for Basekit-BT? After all it's only 10 seconds - the actual perk gave 12 back in the day.

    So reassurance is a perk that you use on someone else, at any time you decide, by getting within 6m of the hook, to give them 30 extra seconds on their hook stage.

    Survivors dont have this as base-kit.

  • @PetTheDoggo said:

    and wait for when franklins get gutted and upcoming anti tunneling/slugging features…

    Dark times are coming I should start to main blight to be ready.

  • @Coordi said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3964718#Comment_3964718

    Let's avoid the generalizations and sweeping comments about Killers, those who main them, and BHVR. We do not favor either side when collecting feedback. Our job is to deliver community feedback to the development team, without bias.

    It's impossible to avoid, but at the same time I don't think anyone is looking at the mod team and thinking they're skewing things. At the end of the day, it's the head honchos that determine what gets put in the game and what doesn't.

  • @ChuckingWong said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3965103#Comment_3965103

    So reassurance is a perk that you use on someone else, at any time you decide, by getting within 6m of the hook, to give them 30 extra seconds on their hook stage.

    Survivors dont have this as base-kit.

    Give it basekit and now swf would equip different strong perk, have played against strong swf with sabo-antislug loadout or shoulder the burden, if you did then you should know giving survivor role strong perks in general or perks that are strong in swf much more than for solo q isnt good idea you will make solo q little bit stronger but you will buff massively swf and thats not good idea they are strong as hell if they have skilled players and they counter some killers like setup ones or stealth ones with easy compare to solo q.

  • @Evan_ said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3965007#Comment_3965007

    Did I miss a change when they reworked Reassurance to do something else than extending the time it takes to advance a hook state?
    Or do you also have another name for Basekit-BT? After all it's only 10 seconds - the actual perk gave 12 back in the day.

    One state on the hook has 70 seconds, 70x2 thats 140 seconds for someone to die on the hook and reassurance can give in each state 30 sseconds which is 200 seconds (in reality it will be littlebit less but thats still so much time).

  • @I_Cant_Loop said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3965049#Comment_3965049

    It would be great have this as an official forum rule (applies to both sides). The “us vs them” stuff like this makes up a vast majority of the toxicity on the forum. All it does is make people feel like they’re doing something wrong simply because they prefer one role or the other. Keeping that stuff off the forum would make this a far more welcoming and productive place to have real discussions.

    Please at least warn for it, it's childish, annoying, and adds nothing.

  • @Abbzy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3964197#Comment_3964197

    Dark times are coming I should start to main blight to be ready.

    You can also respond by just… not caring about trying to 4k and just playing to see what happens. If people want to boost themselves by winning until they only have Nurse, Kaneki, Blight, and the other high tiers to play against, let them. What's wrong with staying in a mid level? I never wanna face people who want to play for the Subway Card, I'd rather play against people who don't try to minmax every scrap of fun out of the game… even if I lose doing it.

    I know that's not ideal and I wish it wasn't one of the two options here but it's still a choice. Maybe we all need to stop caring about wanting a 4k so bad.

  • @I_Cant_Loop said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3965049#Comment_3965049

    It would be great have this as an official forum rule (applies to both sides). The “us vs them” stuff like this makes up a vast majority of the toxicity on the forum. All it does is make people feel like they’re doing something wrong simply because they prefer one role or the other. Keeping that stuff off the forum would make this a far more welcoming and productive place to have real discussions.

    It's a bad idea. That's how the reddit operates and it's all memes without any meaningful discourse. It'd just alienate players even further and erode communication between BHVR and the players (more than it already is). All you can really do is limit how far it goes. No threats or anything like that.

    @LockerLurk said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3964903#Comment_3964903

    Honestly I will take my Killer games being a bit tougher because Survs are staying in rounds and actually trying now over my Survivor games sucking hot garbage because people would go "Ewwwww it's a [Killer I dislike]" and DC or go next on hook first thing.

    We do now have forced no self unhooking, meaning someone has to come save you or you need a perk/luck offering for it. That alone does give hooks a little more pressure because two Survs at/on hook means two less Survs on gens.

    I don't know that it's having that effect. People will still give up if a trial is bad enough because of the abandon feature. Instead of using hook, you wait for the Killer to down everyone and bounce. It's not as if the other side isn't eager to comply either. So now instead of one person going next, it's everyone going next. I really genuinely think prioritizing making DCs freer and less impactful on the trial was the way to go.

  • @LockerLurk said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3965125#Comment_3965125

    You can also respond by just… not caring about trying to 4k and just playing to see what happens. If people want to boost themselves by winning until they only have Nurse, Kaneki, Blight, and the other high tiers to play against, let them. What's wrong with staying in a mid level? I never wanna face people who want to play for the Subway Card, I'd rather play against people who don't try to minmax every scrap of fun out of the game… even if I lose doing it.

    I know that's not ideal and I wish it wasn't one of the two options here but it's still a choice. Maybe we all need to stop caring about wanting a 4k so bad.

    Where I wrote I want 4k every match I just dont want to get punnished by playing killer more than I should. Devs are making huge changes but forgeting mediocre and weaker killers need some love too or they will feel super bad to play as, I dont want to get stressed more than I should there are people who like it but playing horror game as killer and you are more stressed than survivor and swf teams with toxic gameplay and post chat are just cherry on top of all.

  • @LockerLurk said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3965125#Comment_3965125

    You can also respond by just… not caring about trying to 4k and just playing to see what happens. If people want to boost themselves by winning until they only have Nurse, Kaneki, Blight, and the other high tiers to play against, let them. What's wrong with staying in a mid level? I never wanna face people who want to play for the Subway Card, I'd rather play against people who don't try to minmax every scrap of fun out of the game… even if I lose doing it.

    I know that's not ideal and I wish it wasn't one of the two options here but it's still a choice. Maybe we all need to stop caring about wanting a 4k so bad.

    You think playing top killers will boost your mmr all you need is just play weaker killer and get more than 2 kills and you will start facing much stronger and experiance opponents than before, or there isnt enought players for theese kind of survivors in their mmr so gave will give them someone who isnt on their level, this happened to me many times getting loby thats almost 20k hours isnt good looking and not depresing when I found out Im playing ghostface.

  • @ratcoffee said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3965094#Comment_3965094

    While I agree in theory (and admit i probably should tone it back a bit, as some of my recent jokes have been a little more mean-spirited than i usually try to be), in practice this becomes extremely hard to enforce. Where is the line between "us-vs-them complaining" and "rightfully pointing out an issue that benefits one side to the detriment of fun overall"? Will people feel afraid to express their legitimate opinions for fear of running afoul of the rules?

    If we do look at banning us-vs-them, we should tread lightly with how we do it

    I think the thing to look out for and mods did it already is when someone goes "well you're just a x main" or "only BHVR caters to x mains"

    Attempting to like dismiss what someone says

    Thank you by the way moderation for stepping up on something like that.


    People go around this by saying subtle things like "link your stats" or "you're showing your bias a bit" or "you must not play x side" or "I dont wanna say you are x but (immediately goes into saying what they dont want to say)"



    In the end we will never escape it though, one day you'll be called a survivor main for defending the … misery incarnate endless suffering… state of soloQ 😥

    The next youll be called a killer main for wanting something like Badham school looked at for a bit more balance towards killer.


    Id like to think most players dabble a bit on both sides? Maybe?
    Maybe im out of touch and people are extremely tribal.


    You cant win! In the end we all just get left to bleed out 😥x2


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcY8gSsdqXA
  • @Abbzy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3965137#Comment_3965137

    You think playing top killers will boost your mmr all you need is just play weaker killer and get more than 2 kills and you will start facing much stronger and experiance opponents than before, or there isnt enought players for theese kind of survivors in their mmr so gave will give them someone who isnt on their level, this happened to me many times getting loby thats almost 20k hours isnt good looking and not depresing when I found out Im playing ghostface.

    Respectfully I main M1s. I don't really see this effect, mostly because I just don't care how many die as long as someone dies.

  • @LockerLurk said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3965145#Comment_3965145

    Respectfully I main M1s. I don't really see this effect, mostly because I just don't care how many die as long as someone dies.

    I get you but when you get ghostface against solid swf and get that powerless feeling knowing you cant play stalk and they know they have to force you chase as m1 then ist kinda bad, I was trapper main but playing as someone who just start loosing and even when you set good trap and it works survivors still can their mistake turn at you is just not enjoyable to me I want to have some chance to win and not to tryhard every match.

  • @ChuckingWong said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3965103#Comment_3965103

    So reassurance is a perk that you use on someone else, at any time you decide, by getting within 6m of the hook, to give them 30 extra seconds on their hook stage.

    Survivors dont have this as base-kit.

    @Abbzy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3965103#Comment_3965103

    One state on the hook has 70 seconds, 70x2 thats 140 seconds for someone to die on the hook and reassurance can give in each state 30 sseconds which is 200 seconds (in reality it will be littlebit less but thats still so much time).

    Yes. Basekit Reassurance stacks with actual Reassurance, the same way Basekit-BT stacks with actual BT.

    Survivors have this effect since 8.2.0, when the hook timer was increased by 10 seconds each. It's indeed not entirely analogue, as the Basekit version doesn't need to be activated by someone else - we just have it by default. Usually that's what we call "basekit".

  • @ratcoffee said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3965094#Comment_3965094

    While I agree in theory (and admit i probably should tone it back a bit, as some of my recent jokes have been a little more mean-spirited than i usually try to be), in practice this becomes extremely hard to enforce. Where is the line between "us-vs-them complaining" and "rightfully pointing out an issue that benefits one side to the detriment of fun overall"? Will people feel afraid to express their legitimate opinions for fear of running afoul of the rules?

    If we do look at banning us-vs-them, we should tread lightly with how we do it

    Agree to some extent, but there are gray areas around all the rules, like making light of serious issues or being overly nasty when criticizing the devs. Judgment is already required by moderators for enforcing all the existing rules.

  • @Evan_ said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3965116#Comment_3965116

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3965134#Comment_3965134

    Yes. Basekit Reassurance stacks with actual Reassurance, the same way Basekit-BT stacks with actual BT.

    Survivors have this effect since 8.2.0, when the hook timer was increased by 10 seconds each. It's indeed not entirely analogue, as the Basekit version doesn't need to be activated by someone else - we just have it by default. Usually that's what we call "basekit".

    Still I dont see reason to give survivors basekit reassurance it wont make solo q much better and only effect will be massive buff for swf (same as giving shoulder the burdn basekit). If you want to give durvivors basekit perks that are more gamechanging than you must buff weaker killers because this will have only one effect solo q will get little bit better, swf will get massive buff that doesnt need it and killers will pick their main from higher tiers so they dont need to change them every year and to compansate for that, just more blights and ghouls and less ghostfaces, bubbas and demos thats all what effects of changes like this only one who will benefit most will be swf.

  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3964807#Comment_3964807

    So there's a lot to unpack here, but I'll try to speak to as much as I can.

    Kill rate is genuinely irrelevant, couldn't be a more worthless stat in this game. The kill rate during prime DH, IW, UB and CoH meta was 48% in a swf

    I feel like this is the core problem with why we disagree here, because this meta was before 6.1. your also cherry picking SWF, but actually that doesn't matter anymore.

    These are the most recent escape rates, so overall that number has gone up a lot. SWF in particular is now at about a 60% kill rate overall. So yes, balance has changed, and absolutely in the killers favor.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/IL6AEX1PSP22/1000009212.png

    And I doubt you'd be saying "kill rates don't matter" if it was flipped and kill rates were around 40% instead of escape rates.

    Killer peaked in 6.1.0 strength wise.

    Saying killer get buffed every patch is hilarious, 0 of the best killer perks are at their peak strength right now. Clown just got gutted.

    If you're only looking at perks, which you seem to be focused on, then yes... The gen kick and 3 gen metas were the strongest we've ever seen in the game. And it was so wildly overpowered that people could hold the game hostage for an hour and win by attrition that way. It was also one of the most completely broken things they've ever had in the game and is a travesty that it took a year for them to address.

    I say killer has been buffed every patch, since it's basically true. In the 3 years since 6.1.0, there has been one, maybe 2 patches total that didn't include some form of buff for killers in general, or specific killers, or even just base kit mechanics.

    There are people like you that hard focus on just the meta perks, and basically unless they're hard buffing regression then it doesn't matter to you.

    But the buffs they've been handing out are specifically and intentionally to increase the kill rates over the years, and it's demonstrably worked. (This is also, I suspect, related to why you don't think kill rates should count, since it hard counters this idea that killer role generally is eating just fine right now). Changes to maps, tiles, weakening pallets, increasing dead zones, and map RNG happen relatively often even though it doesn't reach the patch notes usually unless there's a specific map rework. Base kit hooks respawn, instant regression on kick (twice), and nearly every major patch has had 2-4 killers specifically listed with buffs ranging from QOL improvements to entire IRI add-ons made base kit.

    Nurse gets add-ons nerfed, skull merchant killed, blight add-ons are way worse and hug tech removed. Base kit BT is insane, Skull merchant deleted, ghoul is removed from high tier less than a month after release although he is terrible to play against.

    Yes, there have been some balance changes, and personally I don't like how they handled SM either. But complaining about them nerfing nurse, who is still S tier, top 2 killers in the game is a weird focus. They announced like 4 years ago that hug tech was a bug, and it took them over two years to fix. That wasn't a surprise at all. Ghoul is still a high tier killer as well, so I'm not sure what you're upset about with this one.

    Looking at the three of the top, I'm guessing 5, killers in the entire game and clutching pearls because they had minor changes or even bug fixes that still leave them in the top 5 isn't really making your case for you here.

    It might seem like I am a killer main, survivor hater in the way I worded this but that's not the case. I despise how killers play like bots just like how I despised how survivors played like bots up until 6.1.0.

    It does because you're so hard focused on regression for killers (and this weird "kill rates don't matter stance"… dying a lot more often certainly matters if you play survivor for any reasonable amount of time and you don't just dismiss that fact.) It's also because, despite you starting in 2021, you're complaining about base kit BT… and you should know exactly why that was a necessary and good change to the game. Especially since 6.1 also brought about the change to endurance where hitting BT off hook literally disables a host of anti-tunnel perks for the killer.

    Because IMO, killers played more like bots right after 6.1. Specifically the gen kick and 3 gen metas were PvE gen kick simulator, where killers dropped chase, kicked a gen, hit me, ran away. There was a song about that exact phrase because killers would spend the entire match kicking gens instead of interacting with the survivors (you know, the PvP).

    And that "strategy" won games. It won a lot of games, and had the added "bonus" to a lot of killers that it was so broken and non-interactive that it was exceedingly frustrating for survivors. I personally stopped playing survivor for at least a year and a half after a few months of that meta.

    Killers have been getting stuff but not what they wanted

    Killers have largely gotten what they asked for, but not what they wanted. Generally speaking, killers want to go back to the 6.1 days where they could play like a bot, and win a largely PvE game experience. But pretending like most survivor changes haven't been catered to exactly the killer's demands here is laughable.

    prime DH, IW, UB and CoH meta

    You pick it out yourself, and choose a meta where perks were largely nerfed by killer request (except UB). DH (twice), DS, IW, CoH, medkits, toolboxes, BNP, MfT, Haddonfield, basically every corn map (not just cowshed), Eyrie, GoJ, even hatch, and I'm certain I'm missing some because it's been 3 years now. Oh, and the recent "just push it live" punish them all "Go Next" system that was grossly overtuned. All by killer demand.

    What killers apparently want, however, is gen kick meta back. That's all that matters is regression. Oh, absolutely keep all the buffs to everything else, including core game elements in the meantime, but give back infinite time to win the game by default after an hour. That's a must, apparently.

    Blight isn't freddy

    This is the kind of thing I'm talking about. What exactly are you trying to say here? Freddy is the most deadly killer in the game currently after the most recent rework. And, I'm sorry, but the "it's a skill issue" argument doesn't hold water, since he's #1 across the board with overall and high MMR.

    Pick trapper, pick clown. There are killers who could use some help.

    And regarding clown, I'm sorry but this is part 2 of the MfT fallout. Killers complained for 6 months about 3% haste "lOsInG tHeM gAMeS" and the devs nerfed it for them. And now, because that group also convinced the devs that haste was a problem, they're addressing haste overall. Clown is collateral damage to that.

    Strangely, now, things like haste stacking and clown bottles (more than 3%) are suddenly "necessary' and reasonable… now that MfT is dead. Which, I forgot to add, that while MfT was nerfed by demand, in the same breath the haste stacking changes were pulled back also by killer demand. Again, this is killers getting what they ask for but not what they wanted (which, in this case, is haste and haste stacking for the killer, but not for survivors).

    All I'm going to say is that I didn't cherry pick swf, I was saying that even with god meta, god validation DH in a 4 man swf survivors were still sub 50%. That's why it doesn't matter, 4 survivors on the same teamare rarely try harding. The chance people are try harding goes down as you move from 4 man to full solo queue.

    Blight was busted and is still really strong, but he has the highest pick rate he's had at the least strong he's ever been. nurse has always been busted but the play rate has never been high. The point is, even when survivors was hit the balance of extremely strong and having players who give a damn and who actually are trying to win to a high degree, they still still threw, played for giggles and gave up. I can read win rates in Lol so easily, but kill rates mean nothing in this game. No matter what people are trying in league or cs or siege but in dbd 1 person in a 4 man will be trolling or they all will be, double-so for solo queue. The kate hasn't touched a gen all game and is trailing the killer with a flash light, could be a 4 man, could be solo queue but it's all too common.

    In a game like dbd, the 1 in the "1v4" is most likely to actually play for themselves. They are playing to win, there is no altruism. Maybe 1/10th of games a killer will troll, maybe 1 out of two games A survivor will troll in someway.

    I am largely focused on perks because the buffs are to killers that are bad to mid and even then they seem to be nerfing them half the time. There has been no base-kit buffs after 6.1.0 that why I am so obviously focused on perks. They only nerfed Blight, Nurse and Wesker. Until now with P-head none of the top tier killer have been buffed. Buffing demo doesn't make "KIller" stronger. That's like saying buffing red harring to c tier is a survivor buff.

    Freddy being the most deadly killer in the game only backs up what I am saying about kill rates, EVERYONE knows he's not strong. Actually feeding into him being strong means you think a beyond whatever killer is worth anything strength wise. Do you really think freddy is stronger than nurse, blight, artist and P-head? You'd have to be essentially a silver player to actually agree with that statement.

  • @kosaba11 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3964773#Comment_3964773

    To be honest, while I find the Killer role vastly easier to play, it's not exactly wrong to say, especially for newer players, that it can be stressful. This is doubly true when you start reaching the point where the game is placing you against opponents who are far superior to yourself - lord knows I get humbled plenty of times when I'm playing Killer and get too many 3-4Ks.

    Now, I personally don't even find those matches stressful - annoying, sure, but more so because the matchmaking decided I was him, when I am, in fact, not him against Survivors that good. But, again, I'm a chill player, so it doesn't bother me.

    So, I can understand the concept of "Killer Anxiety" in new players. You are by yourself, and you don't yet know the game, haven't gotten a feel for which perk build suites your playstyle best, and if the MMR hates you, it can easily put you against players you're not yet ready for. I know when I was starting out, this happened a decent amount of times. In older players, though, I imagine it'd realistically only be in response to new Survivor mechanics that, while definitely needed to help mend prevalent issues, they still need to be learned from both sides.

    Take the Fog Vial - a necessary item for Survivors to help combat tunneling, but it does have other uses. Killers need to learn around that, especially if they never tunnel anyway, and are just needing to learn how to combat it for normal chases.

    But you're right, the queue times are one of the worst parts of playing Killer - more so if you're placed against players better than you, meaning you probably won't get to play for too long.

    But, for a balanced game, that's fair for everyone, even people you disagree with deserve to be heard. Otherwise, the game becomes one-sided. Currently, it leans Killer, but it could easily turn to lean Survivor if BHVR starts only listening to Survivors - it's a tightrope they need to walk as developers, and one they're currently failing to do. It's not Killer mains' fault, not even the toxic minority - it's on BHVR for who they choose to listen to and who they choose to ignore.

    • It's like downloading Fortnite (example) for the first time and expecting to immediately get a "victory royale." It's obvious to be outclassed (especially if you're learning, as you say in your comment)... all games PVP work like this. I really don't understand this anxious attitude. If it takes so little to make someone "anxious," perhaps the problem lies in your life in general, not just in video games. When I started DBD (2020), I exclusively played "solo q" survivors... my only hope (at least the first two months) was the killer who granted the hatch, otherwise it was just a long sequence of deaths. So according to this "beginner's anxiety" theory, I should have abandoned DBD, made videos on YT, or come here on the forum to complain🤣
  • because Choy put out a video for his killer main audience saying that 70 percent of matches have a SWF, and they all jumped on the copium train

  • @Abbzy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3964197#Comment_3964197

    Dark times are coming I should start to main blight to be ready.

    Maybe not enough. Had a full meta blight who wanted to quit and only play Nurse.

  • @Rapid99 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3964118#Comment_3964118

    No it's survivors realizing that resurgence is actually busted. So then as killer I'm forced to dedicate half of my perks JUST to countering healing off the hook because otherwise, the healing off the hook is entirely inconsequential for survivors.

    Also… the overarching issue of every gen regression perk has gotten 100x worse, to the point where only pain res is left as anything useful, but gen progress hasn't gotten any slower for survivors.

    lol ... resurgence is nowhere near busted. it's just at most 2 fast heals off hook assuming killer has no anti heal perks. what it does is make tunneling more difficult and since too many killers rely on that low skill cheese tactics to inflate their real MMR, they hate it

    pain res is also overrated. let go of gen right before hook and lose a wee bit of progress. only works against low MMR survivors. but since most players copy content creators we end up with this braindead pain res/healing "meta" that isn't even real, just a snoozefest to go against

  • @Sava18 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3964833#Comment_3964833

    All I'm going to say is that I didn't cherry pick swf, I was saying that even with god meta, god validation DH in a 4 man swf survivors were still sub 50%. That's why it doesn't matter, 4 survivors on the same teamare rarely try harding. The chance people are try harding goes down as you move from 4 man to full solo queue.

    Blight was busted and is still really strong, but he has the highest pick rate he's had at the least strong he's ever been. nurse has always been busted but the play rate has never been high. The point is, even when survivors was hit the balance of extremely strong and having players who give a damn and who actually are trying to win to a high degree, they still still threw, played for giggles and gave up. I can read win rates in Lol so easily, but kill rates mean nothing in this game. No matter what people are trying in league or cs or siege but in dbd 1 person in a 4 man will be trolling or they all will be, double-so for solo queue. The kate hasn't touched a gen all game and is trailing the killer with a flash light, could be a 4 man, could be solo queue but it's all too common.

    In a game like dbd, the 1 in the "1v4" is most likely to actually play for themselves. They are playing to win, there is no altruism. Maybe 1/10th of games a killer will troll, maybe 1 out of two games A survivor will troll in someway.

    I am largely focused on perks because the buffs are to killers that are bad to mid and even then they seem to be nerfing them half the time. There has been no base-kit buffs after 6.1.0 that why I am so obviously focused on perks. They only nerfed Blight, Nurse and Wesker. Until now with P-head none of the top tier killer have been buffed. Buffing demo doesn't make "KIller" stronger. That's like saying buffing red harring to c tier is a survivor buff.

    Freddy being the most deadly killer in the game only backs up what I am saying about kill rates, EVERYONE knows he's not strong. Actually feeding into him being strong means you think a beyond whatever killer is worth anything strength wise. Do you really think freddy is stronger than nurse, blight, artist and P-head? You'd have to be essentially a silver player to actually agree with that statement.


    The thing about nurse "nerfs" can kind of be applied to what you said about demo. All that was "nerfed" was her attacking being made a special attack after a blink, and her addons for range being toned down.


    "Thats like saying buffing red harring to c tier is a survivor buff"

    Can kind of be applied in her case. She really didnt get any level of nerfs that did anything in the end.

    Same can be said for blight honestly. He has not really moved from the number 2 position in any meaningful way, other than the fact the devs released broken Kaneki. Knocking him down a rung to 3.

    I would say kill rates mean … something in the game not nothing.

    They are definitely tainted by what you talk about though. Give ups/throws/odd plays/just learning counter on a new released killer

    By an large though I think they do, on average, show the strength of killers across the entire community.

    Freddy being the most deadly killer in the game only backs up what I am saying about kill rates, EVERYONE knows he's not strong.

    I disagree though.

    Freddy, is a pretty strong killer all things considered. He has traversal, great chase potential. Everything a killer would need. I think hes an all round great killer.

    Just mechanically disappointing for some @GeneralV sorry you dont like what they did to him 😥

    And a perfect balance of give and take. He has a teleport/traversal, but cant spam it and it has a good reactionary tell. He has undetectable but a lullaby. He has a slow with ample time to react but also strong enough when it hits to deny loops. He also has the pallet blower upper thing, which I havent seen land in any of my games. And lastly a mechanic for survivors to interact with to counter some of his kit (clocks)

    TOP MMR kill rate shown to us being equal with blight does make me throw a bit of question marks. But I think that may just be me being incorrect on killer skill at that level. I do think blight has an extremely low skill floor when compared to freddy. Yet they are equal in kill rates. But nurse has the highest skill floor of them all and its not like we see her kill rate silly low, its actually only 2% lower at 67%.

    Devs need to take note of freddy when comming out with killers that have all this traversal, or undetectable, or both. And model them around what freddy does. He has meaningful cooldown and counterplay. Instead of just "getting everything". And still strong in the end.

    I think freddy might have a bit of "he was just reworked so people are figuring out how to play against" influencing that high kill rate.

    Though nightlight today still has him at number 1.

  • @jedimaster505 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3964333#Comment_3964333

    lol ... resurgence is nowhere near busted. it's just at most 2 fast heals off hook assuming killer has no anti heal perks. what it does is make tunneling more difficult and since too many killers rely on that low skill cheese tactics to inflate their real MMR, they hate it

    pain res is also overrated. let go of gen right before hook and lose a wee bit of progress. only works against low MMR survivors. but since most players copy content creators we end up with this braindead pain res/healing "meta" that isn't even real, just a snoozefest to go against

    Pain res can be fixed in 14 seconds on the gen. Reassurance isnt that good but give it to solid sef and now each hook state can be 100 seconds which is huge.

  • @TicTac said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3965125#Comment_3965125

    Maybe not enough. Had a full meta blight who wanted to quit and only play Nurse.

    Playing blight is different game even Im not that good sith him he isstill oppresive and strong as hell. He can do do many things and feels so fast and fluid playing with him.

  • @Abbzy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3965391#Comment_3965391

    Pain res can be fixed in 14 seconds on the gen. Reassurance isnt that good but give it to solid sef and now each hook state can be 100 seconds which is huge.

    No one does that anyway.

  • If you mesn reassurance then only swf are using it and rarely duos like 1/100 games.

  • @Evan_ said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3964311#Comment_3964311

    • Survivor Ui rework giving a lot of info
    • Basekit BT
    • Hook grab removal
    • Anti-facecamp
    • Basekit Reassurance

    These are changes from the past years that affect all killers. Are you actually convinced that all these changes made the killer role easier?

    -The only actual good thing that survivors got lately and its only for solo queue
    -You can wait 10 seconds if you wanna tunnel someone
    -That was one of the most bull crap mechanics in the game. Why are you camping in the first place?
    -Why do you want to facecamp? Can't play the game normally?
    -10 seconds added that makes no difference, unless you wanna, you know, CAMP

  • After the survivors stopped "go-next" it became much more difficult to play because the survivors had more time
    I heard an opinion that earlier the game balance was unintentionally adapted to 3vs1, because of the leavers, but when they stopped doing this we saw what is what

    Add here extra 10 seconds per hook state, perks that stop the time on the hook (Reassurance / Camaraderie), Shoulder the Burden, DS, OTR, DH
    SWFs with comms, 16 perks in total, Toolboxes, First Aid Kits, Franklins Nerf

    And you, with 4 perks are a walking killer without mobility that barely can do something

    I already notice when playing surv in solo/duo that generators are repaired much faster and my win rate on surv has increased
    At the same time, yesterday I saw a streamer playing in a trio on discord who has 11,500 hours in the game - they were given a killer who has 128 hours
    128 HOURS against 11,500 hours player with trio on discord, man
    They also had a Syringe, Styptic and BNP
    It all came down to the fact that the person on the killer DCd he made 3 hooks for 4 generators
    As a result, this streamer called him a bot and started insulting him...

    And the cherry on the cake of all this is MMR or its complete absence, otherwise I cant explain how situations like this with a streamer even exist

    Therefore, my personal opinion regarding all this is to forget about the second phase of anti-tactics and make a priority on MMR or mathmaking system and already regarding the statistics (with anti "go-next") with the changed mathmaking to do these anti-tactics if they will be used at all

  • @Rudjohns said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3964875#Comment_3964875

    -The only actual good thing that survivors got lately and its only for solo queue
    -You can wait 10 seconds if you wanna tunnel someone
    -That was one of the most bull crap mechanics in the game. Why are you camping in the first place?
    -Why do you want to facecamp? Can't play the game normally?
    -10 seconds added that makes no difference, unless you wanna, you know, CAMP

    A gen takes 90 seconds. Under 10 seconds three survivors repair a third of a gen. Since you said 10 seconds make no difference twice, that's 20 seconds (two thirds of a gen) / every hook-state.

    You claim these changes didn't make survivor's life any easier. Yet, I do hear people occasionally mentioning that camping and tunneling still happens. The two statements can't be both true.

  • Mainly that survivors buffs impact all survivors whereas killer buffs are often more targeted. Now with going next being harder to do since survivors can't just suicide immediately on hook, games are also less likely to be down to a 3v1 immediately which was inflating kill rates as well.

    Killers are facing overall stronger survivors with less games being an immediate 3v1 which is harder and most killers haven't seen much adjustments to help them out.

  • @Abbzy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3965391#Comment_3965391

    Pain res can be fixed in 14 seconds on the gen. Reassurance isnt that good but give it to solid sef and now each hook state can be 100 seconds which is huge.

    I like how pain res is being critical of not mattering and having its time super analyzed here.
    But its used in gameplay a lot. Most popular regression perk on killer side picked actually. The number one picked killer perk.

    But then in the same sentence you dont be critical of the time that reassurance or a hook state will last.
    And its a perk that is almost never taken. Probably one of the least picked perks in the game. Not even the top 50 survivor picked perks.


    You arent getting "100 seconds" on a hook much less the extra 30 that is even provided from reassurance users in 99.9999% of cases. Youll be lucky to even have people reach half their hook timer in normal play WITHOUT reassurance.

    @Evan_ said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3965116#Comment_3965116

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3965134#Comment_3965134

    Yes. Basekit Reassurance stacks with actual Reassurance, the same way Basekit-BT stacks with actual BT.

    Survivors have this effect since 8.2.0, when the hook timer was increased by 10 seconds each. It's indeed not entirely analogue, as the Basekit version doesn't need to be activated by someone else - we just have it by default. Usually that's what we call "basekit".

    Thats not basekit reassurance. And there is no such thing on survivor currently in the game.

  • @ImWinston said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3964802#Comment_3964802

    • It's like downloading Fortnite (example) for the first time and expecting to immediately get a "victory royale." It's obvious to be outclassed (especially if you're learning, as you say in your comment)... all games PVP work like this. I really don't understand this anxious attitude. If it takes so little to make someone "anxious," perhaps the problem lies in your life in general, not just in video games. When I started DBD (2020), I exclusively played "solo q" survivors... my only hope (at least the first two months) was the killer who granted the hatch, otherwise it was just a long sequence of deaths. So according to this "beginner's anxiety" theory, I should have abandoned DBD, made videos on YT, or come here on the forum to complain🤣

    It's the difference in roles. Killer complaints more often have an emotional slant. It's easier to feel humiliated and to take it personally. As Survivor, you expect to lose often enough that it's not quite the same.

    Not that I disagree at all though. I think that's how PVP should be. This expectation that you need several hundred hours to understand the game or that you should be carried/handicapped to maintain stats is BS.

  • Some Killers are at a disadvantage from the start… other Killers are higher skilled floored (meaning it takes a while to get used to playing them)… so that means that the Killer verity is limiting

    Then let's talk Perks… yes Killers have good Perks that work but Survivors have more tools at their disposal

    And now let's talk about playstyle… Camping, Tunneling and Slugging are things that the Game has to deal with (for better or worse)… Gen rushing is also an issue

    Also let's talk about entitlement… yes it goes both ways:

    Killers- 4K's all the time at 5 Gens

    Survivors- 4E's without hooks… playing against specific Killers

  • @ChuckingWong said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3965316#Comment_3965316


    The thing about nurse "nerfs" can kind of be applied to what you said about demo. All that was "nerfed" was her attacking being made a special attack after a blink, and her addons for range being toned down.


    "Thats like saying buffing red harring to c tier is a survivor buff"

    Can kind of be applied in her case. She really didnt get any level of nerfs that did anything in the end.

    Same can be said for blight honestly. He has not really moved from the number 2 position in any meaningful way, other than the fact the devs released broken Kaneki. Knocking him down a rung to 3.

    I would say kill rates mean … something in the game not nothing.

    They are definitely tainted by what you talk about though. Give ups/throws/odd plays/just learning counter on a new released killer

    By an large though I think they do, on average, show the strength of killers across the entire community.

    Freddy being the most deadly killer in the game only backs up what I am saying about kill rates, EVERYONE knows he's not strong.

    I disagree though.

    Freddy, is a pretty strong killer all things considered. He has traversal, great chase potential. Everything a killer would need. I think hes an all round great killer.

    Just mechanically disappointing for some @GeneralV sorry you dont like what they did to him 😥

    And a perfect balance of give and take. He has a teleport/traversal, but cant spam it and it has a good reactionary tell. He has undetectable but a lullaby. He has a slow with ample time to react but also strong enough when it hits to deny loops. He also has the pallet blower upper thing, which I havent seen land in any of my games. And lastly a mechanic for survivors to interact with to counter some of his kit (clocks)

    TOP MMR kill rate shown to us being equal with blight does make me throw a bit of question marks. But I think that may just be me being incorrect on killer skill at that level. I do think blight has an extremely low skill floor when compared to freddy. Yet they are equal in kill rates. But nurse has the highest skill floor of them all and its not like we see her kill rate silly low, its actually only 2% lower at 67%.

    Devs need to take note of freddy when comming out with killers that have all this traversal, or undetectable, or both. And model them around what freddy does. He has meaningful cooldown and counterplay. Instead of just "getting everything". And still strong in the end.

    I think freddy might have a bit of "he was just reworked so people are figuring out how to play against" influencing that high kill rate.

    Though nightlight today still has him at number 1.

    Just mechanically disappointing for some @GeneralV sorry you dont like what they did to him 😥

    Thank you, dear friend, but it is alright.

  • @ChuckingWong said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3965402#Comment_3965402

    I like how pain res is being critical of not mattering and having its time super analyzed here.
    But its used in gameplay a lot. Most popular regression perk on killer side picked actually. The number one picked killer perk.

    But then in the same sentence you dont be critical of the time that reassurance or a hook state will last.
    And its a perk that is almost never taken. Probably one of the least picked perks in the game. Not even the top 50 survivor picked perks.


    You arent getting "100 seconds" on a hook much less the extra 30 that is even provided from reassurance users in 99.9999% of cases. Youll be lucky to even have people reach half their hook timer in normal play WITHOUT reassurance.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3965192#Comment_3965192

    Thats not basekit reassurance. And there is no such thing on survivor currently in the game.

    I'm sorry for calling a global survivor buff "Basekit <perk that gives the a stronger version of the same effect>". I didn't know that it irks you that much. I only call it that way for simplicity.

    But it's in the game.

    By the way, just out of curiosity… How do you call Basekit-BT? That also happens to be a global survivor buff that gives a lesser version of an existing perk to everyone.

  • @Evan_ said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3965454#Comment_3965454

    A gen takes 90 seconds. Under 10 seconds three survivors repair a third of a gen. Since you said 10 seconds make no difference twice, that's 20 seconds (two thirds of a gen) / every hook-state.

    You claim these changes didn't make survivor's life any easier. Yet, I do hear people occasionally mentioning that camping and tunneling still happens. The two statements can't be both true.

    And you can leave the hook and go protect gens

  • @Evan_ said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3965468#Comment_3965468

    I'm sorry for calling a global survivor buff "Basekit <perk that gives the a stronger version of the same effect>". I didn't know that it irks you that much. I only call it that way for simplicity.

    But it's in the game.

    By the way, just out of curiosity… How do you call Basekit-BT? That also happens to be a global survivor buff that gives a lesser version of an existing perk to everyone.

    Let me know if you need any more help with reassurance. There is a wiki that even shows what the perk does and its conditions to even activate.

    Ill leave a link here:
    https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Reassurance


    There is however, currently no basekit reassurance in this game. Survivors hook states arent halted for 30 seconds or… halted any seconds for that matter in the game currently base kit.

    If you need help with why base kit bt is called base kit bt, we can discuss that as well. Or what base kit refers to as it seems there is some confusion.

    Hope this clears it up a bit!

  • @jedimaster505 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3964333#Comment_3964333

    lol ... resurgence is nowhere near busted. it's just at most 2 fast heals off hook assuming killer has no anti heal perks. what it does is make tunneling more difficult and since too many killers rely on that low skill cheese tactics to inflate their real MMR, they hate it

    pain res is also overrated. let go of gen right before hook and lose a wee bit of progress. only works against low MMR survivors. but since most players copy content creators we end up with this braindead pain res/healing "meta" that isn't even real, just a snoozefest to go against

    It makes healing off hook entirely inconsequential. Shaving off an entire 12 seconds off of your healing is busted yes. And the only anti heal perks that even stop it are gift of pain and leverage so again… dedicating half of my perk slots to counter one perk. It's not about tunneling being countered, it's about the complete lack of time that survivors need to waste to heal. Healing is meant to be a natural slowdown and resurgence removes that entirely.

    Also you say pain res is overrated. It's not overrated, the problem is it's the ONLY gen regression perk worth even rating lmfao. Every other gen regression perk is god awful.

  • @Rapid99 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3965391#Comment_3965391

    It makes healing off hook entirely inconsequential. Shaving off an entire 12 seconds off of your healing is busted yes. And the only anti heal perks that even stop it are gift of pain and leverage so again… dedicating half of my perk slots to counter one perk. It's not about tunneling being countered, it's about the complete lack of time that survivors need to waste to heal. Healing is meant to be a natural slowdown and resurgence removes that entirely.

    Also you say pain res is overrated. It's not overrated, the problem is it's the ONLY gen regression perk worth even rating lmfao. Every other gen regression perk is god awful.

    resurgence can be a good perk, it's just not this overpowered "meta" people are whining about. nor is pain res. these perks are largely popular because most players just copy what content creators tell them is good. we have a culture of second hand learners. and especially using it now when most killers I face run anti heal of some sort is stupid and completely defeats the purpose. if "everyone" brings healing perks as killers claim then anti healing perks are not a waste of a perk slot, unless you face me 😉

    I don't even run healing builds and rarely bring a medkit. I've tried resurgence a few times and I'd much rather run resilience and play injured for half a match with faster gens, faster totems, faster unhooks, faster vaults, faster healing, faster chests, faster gates. resurgence is just a waste of a perk slot if you're good enough of a runner to not get hooked in the first place. this "healing meta" is completely imaginary and overrated fiction. many killers can easily reinjure you anyways with 0 effort and then your supposedly "op" healing build is useless (cough cough, the low skill tunneling Kaneki I face every 3-5 matches).

    pain res...I just laugh when I see that perk and of course it gets paired with a cookie cutter build like grim embrace, lethal pursuer and nowhere to hide. thanks for running that, I see this boring build so often that I know the perfect counterplay. yeah dumb survivors will not let go of gen and scream every time like fools and lose like half a gen progress cause they all teamed up in the same gen without Prove Thyself like the meta bro wannabe comp geniuses they are. it's basically good against low MMR players that don't let go of gen when someone is hooked, that's about it. but a tiny little quiet regression isn't gonna stop me finishing the gen when I'm injured breaking a 3 gen across the map with Deja Vu and Resilience at 15% increased speed. ill just waste 0 seconds healing and finish a gen while killers chasing someone else cause I don't sit under hook like most of these plebs that just feed tunnelers easy wins cause they know exactly where to find you

  • During the event, survivor feels unplayable. When i play killer, i 4k basically every game, especially now that most of the good survs have left again. I struggled with killer when i came back a few weeks ago but i just wasn't used to the extreme boring high mmr killer meta yet again (which is tunneling the first surv out like a bot, play territorial and proxy camp to punish bad unhooks).

    Survivor on the other side? I played against 3 Ghouls, 2 Nurses, 1 Blight, 1 Pryamid Head and 1 Dracula - all except one Ghoul-game we lost (4k or 3k with hatch). I know, solo surv has always been the hardest mode in this game, but it is just miserable right now. There is absolutely no reason to play this mode besides the low waiting times. It also seems like MMR doesn't exist during the event, surv skill is all over the place.

  • @ChuckingWong said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3965402#Comment_3965402

    I like how pain res is being critical of not mattering and having its time super analyzed here.
    But its used in gameplay a lot. Most popular regression perk on killer side picked actually. The number one picked killer perk.

    But then in the same sentence you dont be critical of the time that reassurance or a hook state will last.
    And its a perk that is almost never taken. Probably one of the least picked perks in the game. Not even the top 50 survivor picked perks.


    You arent getting "100 seconds" on a hook much less the extra 30 that is even provided from reassurance users in 99.9999% of cases. Youll be lucky to even have people reach half their hook timer in normal play WITHOUT reassurance.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3965192#Comment_3965192

    Thats not basekit reassurance. And there is no such thing on survivor currently in the game.

    Why is pain res most used regression perk for killer? Because its great perk pop is better on more progressed gens but not all killers have mobility to use it correctly and effectivly as apin res (pain res has rng factor of spawning scoorge hooks and sometimes the scoorge hooks spawn location sucks but its still very good perk even it has 4 time uses). Pop reuquires mobility to get fast to the most progressed gen and ability to get consistent downs, if you lack both which some killers does but bigger problem is the mobility factor then painres is better option annyway, but someone who played more killers should know that.

    Reassurance for solo q isnt what bothers me, solo q would still struggle to use it but swf can utilize it for maximal potential just like shoulder the burden (bad solo q perk but in hand of coordinated swf its game changing and can change the outcome of the game).

  • @BoonRainDice said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3964117#Comment_3964117

    Yes, this would make more sence. Also, people who claim healing meta… they only buffed botany perk that isn't crazy imo. I don't even see that perk.

    It's more about slight healing creep over a longer period. Resurgence, solidarity, desperate measures, botany, emp connection, strength in shadows, and mangled nerfs. It's definitely healthier that healing is less item focused and costs perk slots, but it's really starting to add up since the initial medkit nerfs.

  • @ChuckingWong said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3965508#Comment_3965508

    Let me know if you need any more help with reassurance. There is a wiki that even shows what the perk does and its conditions to even activate.

    Ill leave a link here:
    https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Reassurance


    There is however, currently no basekit reassurance in this game. Survivors hook states arent halted for 30 seconds or… halted any seconds for that matter in the game currently base kit.

    If you need help with why base kit bt is called base kit bt, we can discuss that as well. Or what base kit refers to as it seems there is some confusion.

    Hope this clears it up a bit!

    Thank you for the clarification! Indeed, halting the timer for 10 seconds is vastly different from extending it by an equal amount. The the gap between the gameplay impact of these two things are so extensive that they can't even be compared.

  • @Abbzy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3965468#Comment_3965468

    Why is pain res most used regression perk for killer? Because its great perk pop is better on more progressed gens but not all killers have mobility to use it correctly and effectivly as apin res (pain res has rng factor of spawning scoorge hooks and sometimes the scoorge hooks spawn location sucks but its still very good perk even it has 4 time uses). Pop reuquires mobility to get fast to the most progressed gen and ability to get consistent downs, if you lack both which some killers does but bigger problem is the mobility factor then painres is better option annyway, but someone who played more killers should know that.

    Reassurance for solo q isnt what bothers me, solo q would still struggle to use it but swf can utilize it for maximal potential just like shoulder the burden (bad solo q perk but in hand of coordinated swf its game changing and can change the outcome of the game).

    Pain Res isn't "great." It's just the least crappy option.

  • @Abbzy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3965468#Comment_3965468

    Why is pain res most used regression perk for killer? Because its great perk pop is better on more progressed gens but not all killers have mobility to use it correctly and effectivly as apin res (pain res has rng factor of spawning scoorge hooks and sometimes the scoorge hooks spawn location sucks but its still very good perk even it has 4 time uses). Pop reuquires mobility to get fast to the most progressed gen and ability to get consistent downs, if you lack both which some killers does but bigger problem is the mobility factor then painres is better option annyway, but someone who played more killers should know that.

    Reassurance for solo q isnt what bothers me, solo q would still struggle to use it but swf can utilize it for maximal potential just like shoulder the burden (bad solo q perk but in hand of coordinated swf its game changing and can change the outcome of the game).

    its most popular because some popular content creators used it and the killer mains followed suit. pain res is mainly effective against low MMR survivors that group up on gens and don't let go when someone is hooked. good survivors just let go briefly and the little bit of regression is no big deal especially if they have gen speed perks.

    give me a pain res killer over eruption or surge any day. the latter perks are much more difficult to anticipate as survivor. or ruin and thrill of the hunt can easily lead to 3 hooks before the first gen pops cause players can't find the totem or are getting pushed off of gens by killer early game losing nearly all progress and then it's gg. but supposedly pain res is "the best", nope, it's just the most lazy strategy when you want to auto pilot killer.

    what most players (both killer and survivor) don't realize is that the off "meta" builds are far more difficult to counter because they have the element of surprise for the opponent. a pain res + grim embrace + corrupt intervention + lethal pursuer killer is so easy to read and counter. I have his whole build figured out by the time the first gen pops and know exactly what to expect. it's like ive rehearsed for thousands of hours just to defeat this killer.

    the "meta" builds for survivor and killer are basically the mid MMR strats that the average player adopts because he's too lazy to learn anything new but has a general knowledge of the game and searches on YouTube for what build to use.

    in contrast, high MMR players have matured past that phase. the high MMR players create the new meta, they set the trends. it's like a chess game and they're always thinking 2 steps ahead of the opponent. high MMR killer knows to expect decisive strike and a syringe medkit, he just shakes it off and 4ks. high MMR survivors expects the tunnel and so is ready to punish it heavily. but most of all, the high MMR player expects the unexpected.

    they realize that no single perk or strategy is inherently strong cause the real "meta" is not a static, fixed entity like healing or gen slowdown. the real meta is constantly changing in real time as players develop new strategies to deal with the old meta. and once this new meta becomes popular, the high MMR player has already learned to counter it by moving on. the real meta is a living organism that must be adapted to in real time, not reacted to based on the past.

  • @ImWinston said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3964802#Comment_3964802

    • It's like downloading Fortnite (example) for the first time and expecting to immediately get a "victory royale." It's obvious to be outclassed (especially if you're learning, as you say in your comment)... all games PVP work like this. I really don't understand this anxious attitude. If it takes so little to make someone "anxious," perhaps the problem lies in your life in general, not just in video games. When I started DBD (2020), I exclusively played "solo q" survivors... my only hope (at least the first two months) was the killer who granted the hatch, otherwise it was just a long sequence of deaths. So according to this "beginner's anxiety" theory, I should have abandoned DBD, made videos on YT, or come here on the forum to complain🤣

    As someone who suffers from clinical anxiety, I can tell you the "Killer anxiety" is not the same as actual anxiety. It's purely the pressure of trying out something new - it won't give you heart palpations or make you suffer random panic attacks, but there is still pressure. Unless you have a horrible time, you won't quit after one or two matches, but that doesn't mean newer players won't feel the expectation to perform good, even if it's your first match.

    This goes for any PvP game - when you first start out, you're not yet comfortable with the controls, rules, etc. That's what "Killer anxiety" is for newer players.

    And again, for players who've been playing for a while, any new changes will give you a form of anxiety - again, nothing like clinical anxiety, but rather the pressure of the unknown. Players feel this every time a new Killer releases - Survivors don't yet know how to face them, and Killers don't yet know how to play them.

    Obviously, not everyone feels this - I typically don't because I watch YouTubers like Spookyloopz and Zet0r, who play the PTB, so I have some sense of knowing what I'm in for each Chapter. But that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

  • @Abbzy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3965157#Comment_3965157

    I get you but when you get ghostface against solid swf and get that powerless feeling knowing you cant play stalk and they know they have to force you chase as m1 then ist kinda bad, I was trapper main but playing as someone who just start loosing and even when you set good trap and it works survivors still can their mistake turn at you is just not enjoyable to me I want to have some chance to win and not to tryhard every match.

    I just 4ked as Ghostface against "a solid SWF" the other day. That first chase literally doesn't matter when you set up and begin to pressure properly, nor does it matter if the SWF plays predictably as this one did, he isn't Trapper…

    EDIT: Y'all can downvote me but it's true. There's a point where you need to stop blaming a Killer for being "too weak" and start blaming yourself for simply not playing them well. Nothing to do with tryharding.

1 2 3 4