9.0.0 | Five Nights at Freddy's

900_PatchNotes_Forum.jpg

Content

New Killer - The Animatronic

KILLER POWER: FAZBEAR'S FRIGHT

  • The Animatronic lived to kill, even when his mechanical costume became his tomb.

SPECIAL ABILITY: FIRE AXE

  • The Animatronic is armed with a Fire Axe that he can throw at Survivors. If the Axe hits a Survivor, the weapon becomes embedded in them, leaving the Survivor vulnerable. Survivors must remove the Axe before they can be healed.

MAP FEATURE: SECURITY SYSTEM

  • At the start of the trial, 7 Security Doors are spawned randomly throughout the map. These doors can be accessed by both Survivors and The Animatronic.
  • Each Security Door has a Camera attached to it. Interacting with the Door gives the Survivor access to the Camera View, allowing the Survivor to cycle through every Camera in the map, travel to the Door they are currently looking through, and potentially reveal The Animatronic's aura to the team.
  • Using the Cameras and Doors too often will deplete the limited battery power available, forcing Survivors to wait until the system reboots. The Animatronic may travel between Security Doors with or without battery power.
  • If The Animatronic enters a Security Door, they may choose to exit from any other Door in the map. Moving to a Door already in use by a Survivor will cause The Animatronic to grab that Survivor.
bar_white.png

New Killer Perks

Help Wanted:

  • When you damage a Generator, it becomes Compromised. Only one Generator can be Compromised at a time.
    • When the Compromised Generator is completed, your successful basic attack cooldowns are 25/25/25% faster for 40/50/60 seconds.

Phantom Fear:

  • When a Survivor within your Terror Radius looks at you, they scream and you see their aura for 2/2/2 seconds.
    • This perk has a 80/70/60 second cooldown.

Haywire:

  • Exit gates switches with at least 80% progress regress at a rate of 80/90/100% of gate opening speed.
    • While they are regressing, Survivors see the exit gate lights flicker randomly.
bar_white.png

New Map - Freddy Fazbear's Pizza

  • The rotting brainchild of a sadistic murderer still stands over the grassy plains. A place of joy for some, and unspeakable terror for others. Do not let the bright colors and parlor tricks deceive you; many have died within these walls, and many more will die still.
bar_red.png

Quality of Life Improvements

AFK Crow System Update

  • Survivors are considered AFK when not interacting within the last 10 seconds.
  • While AFK, Survivors accrue AFK points, during which crows gradually begin spawning above the Survivor, beginning with 1 and capping at 3.
  • AFK points increase more slowly while moving or while in proximity to the Killer.
  • After 90 seconds, the Survivor reaches 3 crows and Loud Noises trigger at regular intervals.
  • Additionally, the Survivor loses collision with other players for 10 seconds.
  • Completing interactions removes AFK points.
  • Crows are removed as AFK points decrease.
  • This system is disabled when the Hatch spawns or when End Game Collapse is triggered by any means.

Bloodweb Spending Improvements

  • Added an Auto Bloodweb button available after prestiging any one character for the first time, enabling players to automatically progress to a selected character level, Bloodpoints permitting.
  • Removed the following pop-ups across all other characters after they have been shown for the first time:
    • “The Bloodweb” introductory pop-up
    • “Unpredictability” pop-up
    • Perk slot unlocks

Disconnection Penalties

  • Disconnection Penalties are now based on your last 20 matches played.
  • Each disconnect in this set of 20 matches counts as a disconnection penalty point.
  • Disconnection penalty points decrease as you play matches without disconnecting (previously decayed at the rate of 1 point per day).

Gamma Setting

  • Upon launch, new gamma calibration popup will be presented to all players.
  • This visual setting can be accessed at all times via the Settings menu, under the Graphics tab.

"Going Next" Prevention

  • Added a system to detect Survivors who intentionally die early in the match.
  • When a Survivor is determined to be doing this, they receive a disconnection penalty and lose one full grade.
  • The Attempt Unhook ability is now only available in the following circumstances:
    • Two Survivors remain in the Trial.
    • A Survivor's Luck is increased with an Offering.
    • A Survivor has equipped the Slippery Meat or Up the Ante perk.
  • When more than two Survivors remain, they may struggle while on a hook, but with no chance of escape or penalty for failure.
  • Letting two struggle skill checks pass without any input will no longer instantly kill you.
  • The Abandoned score event (given to Survivors when a teammate disconnects) is now also granted when a Survivor gives up via this system.
  • Increased the Abandoned score event to 2,000 Bloodpoints (was 600).

Mori Update

  • Near the end of a Trial, the Killer can now activate a Mori when 2 Survivors are alive and the following conditions occur simultaneously (up from 1 Survivor alive):
    • 1 Survivor is Hooked and in the Struggle Phase
    • 1 Survivor is in the Dying State
  • When the above criteria are met, starting a Mori on a Survivor will now immediately start the Sacrifice of remaining Hooked Survivors in the Struggle Phase.
  • Dev note: The change means that you do not need to wait for the hooked Survivor to be Sacrificed to be able to trigger a Mori. Performing a Mori with a single Survivor remaining will continue to function as it did before.

Offerings Updates

  • All Realm/Map offerings now grant a flat 20% chance to be sent the associated Realm/Map.
  • Duplicate Realm & Map offerings no longer stack.
  • Most gameplay-altering offerings are now treated as secret during the loading screen reveal.

Spawn Rules

  • Survivors now spawn within 12m of each other by default, when possible.
  • Survivors now spawn on the same floor as each other by default, when possible.
  • The Survivor offering, Shroud of Binding, has been replaced with a new offering, the Shroud of Separation. Its new effect causes Survivors to spawn apart from one another.
    • Any owned Shrouds of Binding are converted to Shrouds of Separation.
  • The Killer offering, Shroud of Separation, has been replaced with a new offering, the Shroud of Vanishing. Its new effect causes all Survivor spawn offerings to be rejected by The Entity.
    • Any owned Shrouds of Separation are converted to Shrouds of Vanishing.

Spectator Mode

  • Increased spectator slots in Custom Game to 5.
  • Hotkeys have been assigned in Spectator Mode to make changing between players easier.
  • Looping between players using the top bar while in Spectator Mode can now be done via hotkey.
  • Added controller support for the above improvements.

Voiceover Language Setting

  • "Voice Language" is a new setting added under the General tab.
  • French can now be chosen for voiceovers on select characters:
    • Sable Ward, Gabriel Soma, The Good Guy, The Good Gal, Ellen Ripley & Rain are now available.

Performance

  • Improved optimization at game launch to reduce instances of stuttering in-game.
bar_red.png

Gameplay Features

Killer Updates

The Lich

  • All of The Lich's Spells are now available at the start of a Trial (was 15 seconds starting cooldown).
  • Decreased Dispelling Sphere cooldown to 30 seconds (was 35 seconds).
  • Decreased Fly cooldown to 20 seconds (was 25 seconds).
  • Decreased Mage Hand cooldown to 35 seconds (was 40 seconds).
  • Decreased Flight of the Damned cooldown to 30 seconds (was 35 seconds).
  • Removed the interaction time locking the Killer's camera when activating Dispelling Sphere (was 2 seconds).
  • Updated Dispelling Sphere's projectile to move quickly when first cast and slow down over the following 3 seconds, in order to spend less time revealing the area immediately in front of the Killer.
  • Increased the Killer Instinct duration once Survivors exit Dispelling Sphere to 5 seconds (was 3 seconds).
  • Increased the end interaction time of Fly to 2.75 seconds (was 2.5 seconds).
  • Increased the duration of Fly to 5 seconds (was 4 seconds).
  • Fixed a bug which prevented The Lich from reaching the intended movement speed (8.0 m/s) when casting Fly.
  • Fixed a bug which made the Survivor pallet interaction delay inconsistent for both Killers and Survivors after lifting a pallet with Mage Hand.
  • Increased the duration of the Survivor pallet interaction delay after lifting a pallet with Mage Hand to 0.55 second (was 0.15 second).
  • Increased The Lich's aura reveal duration to 2 seconds when the associated Spell is cast for each Magic Item (was 1.5 seconds).
  • Increased the duration of Haste to 4 seconds for Survivors equipped with Boots or Gauntlets of the Interloper when The Lich activates Mage Hand (was 3.5 seconds).

The Lich Add-ons

  • The Trickster's Glove add-on now increases the time Mage Hand holds a pallet up by 0.3 second (was 0.5 second).
  • The Crystal Ball add-on now increases the Killer Instinct effect by an additional 1 second when a Survivor is revealed by Dispelling Sphere (was 3 seconds).
  • The Potion of Speed add-on now decreases the period where you cannot attack after casting Fly by 0.15 seconds (was 0.3 seconds).
  • The Ring of Telekinesis add-on now increases your vaulting speed by 10% for the next 10 seconds when using the Mage Hand Spell on an upright pallet (was 8 seconds).
  • The Ring of Spell Storing add-on decreases the cooldown of all spells by 1 second (was 2 seconds).
  • The Cloak of Elvenkind add-on now decreases Terror Radius by 22 meters when activating the Fly spell (was 8 meters).
  • The Boots of Speed add-on now grants you 3% Haste for 2 seconds when casting Mage Hand (was 5%).
  • The Staff of Withering add-on now causes Exhaustion for 30 seconds to Survivors who enter the radius of Dispelling Sphere (was 20 seconds).
  • The Pearl of Power add-on now decreases the remaining cooldown for your spells by 2 seconds each time you land a basic attack (was 3 seconds).
  • The Robe of Eyes add-on now reveals the auras of Survivors within 6 meters of a treasure chest for 4 seconds each time you cast a spell (was 3 seconds).
  • The Dragontooth Dagger add-on now applies Haemorrhage and Mangled status effects to Survivors hit with a basic attack while holding a Magic Item for 60 seconds (was 45 seconds).
  • The Cloak of Invisibility add-on now activates Undetectable for 20 seconds each time all of your spells are on cooldown at the same time (was 10 seconds).

The Twins

  • Victor is now able to trigger chases with Survivors.
bar_white.png

Killer Perks

Batteries Included

  • Reduced Haste bonus to 5% (was 7%).
  • Increased area around completed Generator to 16 meters (was 12 meters).

Call of Brine

  • Increased duration to 70 seconds (was 60 seconds).
  • Increased bonus Generator regression to 130/140/150% (was 115/120/125%).

Dark Devotion

  • Increased duration of Terror Radius transfer to Obsession to 35/40/45 seconds (was 20/25/30 seconds).
  • Increased size of transferred Terror Radius to 40 meters (was 32 meters).

Hex: Retribution

  • Increased Oblivious duration caused by Survivor interacting with Dull or Hex Totems to 40/50/60 seconds (was 35/40/45 seconds).
  • Increased Survivor aura reveal triggered by Hex Totem removal to 20 seconds (was 15 seconds).

Machine Learning

  • Decreased Haste value to 8% (was 10%).
  • Increased duration to 40/50/60 seconds (was 30/35/40 seconds).
  • Updated the text description to match that of Help Wanted.

Remember Me

  • Updated description to more accurately reflect its in-game effect.

Superior Anatomy

  • Increased area of detection to 12 meters (was 8 meters).
  • Decreased cooldown to 25 seconds (was 30 seconds).

Terminus

  • Increased Broken duration once exit gates are open to 35/40/45 seconds (was 20/25/30 seconds).

Thrilling Tremors

  • Reduced cooldown to 40/35/30 seconds (was 100/80/60 seconds).

THWACK!

  • Increased reveal area to 36 meters (was 24 meters).
  • Increased Survivor aura reveal to 4/5/6 seconds (was 3/4/5 seconds).

Unbound

  • Reduced Haste bonus after vaulting a window to 7% (was 10%).
bar_white.png

Survivor Perks

Babysitter

  • Reduced Haste bonus for the unhooked Survivor to 10% (was 15%).

Botany Knowledge

  • Healing item efficiency reduction removed (was 20%).

Champion of Light

  • Decreased cooldown to 60/50/40 seconds (was 80/70/60 seconds).

Counterforce

  • Increased bonus Totem cleansing speed to 25% (was 20%).
  • Increased furthest Totem aura reveal duration to 10/12/14 seconds (was 2/3/4 seconds).
  • Increased stackable Totem cleansing speed bonus to 25% (was 20%).

Desperate Measures

  • Increased scaling bonus speed to healing and unhook actions to 16/18/20% (was 10/12/14%).

Empathic Connection

  • Injured Survivor(s) can now see the aura of Survivor(s) with Empathic Connection anywhere on a map (was 32/64/96 meters).
  • Updated healing speed bonus to other Survivors to 25/30/35% across Tiers (was 30% across all Tiers).

Exultation

  • Increased the item recharge amount for stunning the Killer with a pallet to 75% (was 25%).
  • Decreased cooldown to 30/25/20 seconds (was 40/35/30 seconds).

Light-footed

  • Decreased cooldown to 14/12/10 seconds (was 28/24/20 seconds).
bar_white.png

Emblem Updates

Lightbringer:

  • Performing an Invocation now awards 0.8 Lightbringer points per percent of progress.
  • Being chased while a teammate performs an Invocation now awards 0.4 Lightbringer points per percent of progress.
  • Blessing a Totem for the first time now awards 50 Lightbringer points.
  • Being chased while a teammate blesses a Totem for the first time now awards 25 Lightbringer points.
  • Increased Lightbringer points earned when a teammate repairs a Generator while you are being chased to 0.5 per percent of progress (was 0.33).
  • Decreased Lightbringer points earned for repairing generators to 0.8 per percent of progress (was 1).
  • Increased Lightbringer points earned when other Survivors cleanse a Dull Totem while you are chased to 10 (was 5).
  • Increased Lightbringer points earned when other Survivors cleanse a Hex Totem while you are chased to 25 (was 10).

Evader:

  • Increased Evader points earned after a 15 second chase to 60 (was 25).
  • Increased Evader chase multiplier at 10 meters to 1x (was 0.6x).
  • Decreased Evader chase multiplier at 6 meters to 1x (was 1.2x).
bar_white.png

Quest Rewards

  • Increased Daily Quest Blood Point rewards (2500 → 5000)
bar_white.png

Map Showcase

  • Added new Map Game Mode that allows for players to queue up for a single, predetermined map.
bar_white.png

Hellraiser DLC Changes

  • The following perks have become General Perks, and their names and icons have changed:
    • Deadlock is now No Holds Barred
    • Hex: Plaything is now Hex: Fortune's Fool
    • Scourge Hook: Gift of Pain is now Scourge Hook: Weeping Wounds
  • The following achievements/trophies have been updated, and their names, icons and unlock conditions have changed:
    • Tear Their Soul Apart is now Beyond Broken
      • Injure a  Survivor afflicted by the Broken Status Effect with a Basic Attack a total of 50 times. 
    • Punch Drunk is now Neither Seen Nor Heard
      • Apply the Oblivious status effect to Survivors 30 times in public matches.
    • Adept Cenobite is now Lost All Hope
      • Down a Survivor within the bounds of any Exit Gate.
bar_red.png

Bug Fixes

Audio

  • Fixed an issue where The Huntress' Were-Elk outfit lullaby was quieter than her other outfits.
  • Fixed an issue where The Plague's Corrupt Purge activation sound effect would play multiple time in a row when all Pools of Devotion were corrupted.
  • Fixed an issue where the basic attack SFX for The Unknown's Savage Shovel weapon from his Missing Zookeeper outfit was missing.

Characters

  • Fixed an issue where the Madness tier up animation would not trigger on Survivors when playing against The Doctor.
  • Fixed an issue where The Nightmare's left hand would snap briefly when aiming at a Dream Pallet.
  • Fixed an issue where Rupture could be activated while dropping a pallet as The Nightmare.
  • Fixed an issue where Awake Survivors could heal Sleeping Survivors after the "Wake Up" interaction was interrupted.
  • Fixed an issue where The Nightmare was unable to use Dream Projection in Trials.
  • Fixed an issue where The Trickster did not have a fatigued animation after ending a Main Event.
  • Fixed an issue where The Dark Lord could see the lute floating when a Survivor was using Bardic Inspiration while in Bat form.
  • Fixed an issue where The Lich's Spell indicator became distorted when changing window modes on an ultra wide monitor.
  • Fixed an issue where pallets would shake after lifting a pallet with The Lich's Mage Hand.
  • Fixed an issue where the animation for The Lich's Mage Hand would repeat after raising a pallet.
  • Fixed an issue where the activation prompt for the Eye of Vecna was not clearly labeled.
  • Fixed an issue where the grace period to drop a pallet after it was raised by The Lich's Mage Hand was inconsistent.
  • Fixed an issue where The Houndmaster's dog would appear to slide when charging the Chase command while blocked by obstacles.
  • Fixed an issue where the speed line vignette VFX lingered indefinitely after using Fly as The Lich.
  • Fixed stretching issues with The Plague’s vomit decals.
  • Fixed an issue where The Plague could get stuck at 4.4 base speed after getting pallet stunned while charging Vile Purge.
  • Fixed an issue where Survivors would briefly float after being pushed by The Mastermind's Bound Attack.
  • Fixed an issue where The Skull Merchant's lobby animation would be interrupted.
  • Fixed an issue where the Survivor's pointing animation would not play correctly.
  • Fixed an issue where the Survivor's scream animation would not play correctly when vaulting.
  • Fixed an issue where Felix Richter's Off The Shoulder torso outfit would flip over his shoulder and clip through his body.
  • Fixed an issue where, while playing as The Twins, quickly unbinding Victor after leaping on an object or getting crushed would prevent Victor from performing any actions.

Environment/Maps

  • Fixed an issue in the Coldwind Farm Realm where players could not vault in the combine harvester.
  • Fixed an issue in the Autohaven Wreckers Realm where players could not vault in the crashed bus.
  • Fixed an issue in the Toba Landing map where a placeholder tile would appear.
  • Fixed an issue in the Autohaven Wreckers Realm where both window vaults in the crashed bus would be blocked.
  • Fixed an issue where a black line would appear on the ground in the Main Menu after backing out of the Rift Pass.
  • Fixed an issue where a shadow can be seen following Survivors and the Killer in various Realms on Low Quality Graphic settings.

Perks

  • Fixed an issue where the durability icon remained visible after emptying a Toolbox with the Streetwise perk equipped. 

Quests

  • Fixed an issue that caused Auric Cells Expiry Notice to not appear for players affected by the Act of Settlement when gaining Auric Cells from the Rift.

UI

  • Fixed a potential crash issue when selecting a Journal entry.
  • Fixed an issue where the UI scale in the Match Details screen would be inconsistent after updating the UI Scale setting.
  • Fixed an issue where the player’s name would overlap with other icons on the scoreboard in the Tally screen.
  • Fixed a crash issue when leveling up in the Bloodweb.
  • Fixed an issue where the input prompts did not initially match the input mode after switching from a keyboard & mouse to a controller.
  • Fixed issues with text formatting on the Main Menu play buttons.
bar_red.png

Changes from PTB

Bot Improvements

  • Survivor Bots no longer try to use disabled or occupied Security Doors.
  • Survivor Bots now try to remove the Animatronic's Axe during chase.
bar_white.png

New Killer Perks

Help Wanted

  • No gameplay change. Updated the description to match that of Machine Learning, which was also updated.

Haywire

  • Increased minimum regression threshold to 80% (was 50%).
  • Increased regression speed to 80/90/100% (was 40/45/50%).
bar_white.png

Killer Updates

The Animatronic

  • Increased cooperative projectile removal to 5 seconds (was 3 seconds).

The Animatronic Add-Ons

  • Help Wanted Ad
    • Preview distance grows faster.
  • Restaurant Menu
    • Increased effect to 20% (was 10%).
  • Rotten Pizza
    • Increased effect to 100% (was 50%).
  • Ripped Curtain
    • Decreased duration to 60 seconds (was 70 seconds).
  • Greasy Paper Plate
    • Increased effect to 15% (was 10%).
  • Office Phone
    • Increased range to 24 meters (was 12 meters).
    • Reveals the aura of the axe to Survivors within this range (NEW).
    • Decreases the time required to remove the Axe from another Survivor by 50% (NEW).
  • Bonnie’s Guitar Strings
    • Decreases the duration of the Undetectable status effect upon exiting the Security Door by 50% (NEW).
  • Foxy’s Hook
    • Decreased Haste effect to 7% (was 10%).
    • Decreased Haste duration to 3 seconds (was 6 seconds).
  • Purple Guy Drawing
    • Decreased rushed action aura duration to 3 seconds (was 4 seconds).
    • Increased Axe removal aura duration to 6 seconds (was 4 seconds).
  • Loot Bag
    • No longer causes incapacitated (REMOVED).
    • Applies Exit Gate blocker effect to all Survivors within 12 meters (NEW).
  • Celebrate! Poster
    • Decreased haste to 12% (was 20%).
    • Removed distance-based deactivation (REMOVED).
    • Effect applies to all players within 32 meters (NEW).
  • Faz-Coin
    • Set Terror Radius size to 24 meters instead of copying the current Terror Radius size (REWORK).
  • Iridescent Remnant
    • Increased effect range to 32 meters (was 16 meters).
    • Increased effect duration to 12 seconds (was 8 seconds).
    • No longer blocks window vaults (REMOVED).

The Artist Add-Ons

  • Reverted all add-on changes from the 9.0.0 PTB.
bar_white.png

Bug Fixes

  • Fixed an issue that caused Survivors to be heard while they teleport in the Security Door.
  • Fixed an issue that caused Loud Noise notifications to be inaudible when the Animatronic was inside a Security Door.
  • Fixed an issue that caused Survivors close to another Survivor using Security Cameras to not hear their surroundings.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the scanning SFX of Security Camera to continue playing when the Killer moved out of the scanning range.
  • Fixed an issue that caused scanning SFX to continue playing when switching Security Cameras.
  • Fixed an issue that caused SFX from the area around the target Security Camera to be audible while viewing a Security Camera.
  • Fixed an issue in the Blackwater Swamp Realm where a Security Door would spawn facing a wall.
  • Fixed an issue where VFX would display inconsistently for The Animatronic’s Fire Axe abilities.
  • Fixed an issue where VFX would display inconsistently during characters’ movement through Security Doors.
  • Fixed an issue where The Animatronic’s Fire Axe ember trail VFX remained visible on Survivors when retrieving the Axe.
  • Fixed an issue where The Animatronic's Fire Axe wasn't automatically retrieved when the Axe was placed on various moveable map objects.
  • Fixed an issue where The Animatronic could see the Axe aura when it was being removed via a co-op interaction.
  • Fixed an issue where the "Remove Axe" prompt was prioritized over the vault prompt for Survivors when playing against The Animatronic.
  • Fixed an issue where The Animatronic could perform an Axe grab on a Survivor inside a locker.
  • Fixed an issue where The Animatronic and Survivor could become stuck or desynced when The Animatronic grabbed the Axe at the last second.
  • Fixed an issue where The Animatronic could be blinded during the Axe grab animation.
  • Fixed an issue where The Animatronic could not be blinded during pallet break and vault animations.
  • Fixed an issue where the Greasy Paper Plate add-on was missing the debuff icon and interaction penalty.
  • Fixed an issue where the Rotten Pizza add-on reduced the Axe radius.
  • Fixed an issue where there were inconsistencies with Security Door numbers when entering the door selection area as The Animatronic.
  • Fixed an issue where elements of Security Doors dissolved incorrectly upon opening them.
  • Fixed an issue where Survivor models were in their default outfits when interrupted in the Security Room.
  • Fixed an issue where The Animatronic's power icons appeared enabled when inside the Security Doors.
  • Fixed an issue where the Survivor's visual heartbeat indicator was visible when teleporting to a Security Door.
  • Fixed an issue where Survivors were audible when they teleported to a Security Door.
  • Fixed an issue where Survivors getting interrupted in the Security Room were able to see the Security Door aura.
  • Fixed an issue where Survivors could scan The Animatronic with a disabled Security Camera.
  • Fixed an issue where the interrupt animation did not play when getting interrupted while using a Security Camera.
  • Fixed an issue where players couldn't exit the Security Doors when using the mouse wheel as an input.
  • Fixed an issue where Survivors' faces were distorted when interrupted in the Security Room.
  • Fixed an issue where an input bind conflict was present for Survivors interacting with a Security Door while playing on controller.
    • This fix has resulted in a change to the Security Door input mapping for Survivor players on all platforms.
  • Fixed an issue where the Haywire perk wasn't disabled when both Exit Gates were open.
  • Fixed an issue where the Help Wanted perk was not disabled when all generators were completed.
  • Fixed an issue where the Decisive Strike perk did not activate when Axe grabbed by The Animatronic.
  • Fixed an issue where the Machine Learning and Help Wanted perks stacked when activated multiple times.
  • Fixed an issue where the Save The Best For Last perk did not lose a token when hitting the Obsession with The Animatronic's Axe.
  • Fixed an issue in the Freddy Fazbear's Pizza map where a wheel chair failed to spawn on a tile.
  • Fixed an issue in the Freddy Fazbear's Pizza map where players could climb on top of gift boxes.
  • Fixed an issue in the Freddy Fazbear's Pizza map where the Dark Lord could get stuck next to a vault.
  • Fixed an issue in the Freddy Fazbear's Pizza map where Killers could get stuck between a hook and the main building.
  • Fixed an issue in the Freddy Fazbear's Pizza map where The Nurse could get partially stuck in the ramp of the repair room.
  • Fixed an issue in the Freddy Fazbear's Pizza map where a Totem would clip into the ground.
  • Fixed an issue in the Freddy Fazbear's Pizza map where The Blight was unable to collide with certain objects behind the main stage.
  • Fixed an issue in the Freddy Fazbear's Pizza map where The Trapper could hide traps within the Entity's Corruption.
  • Fixed a loading distance issue in the Freddy Fazbear's Pizza map kitchen by adjusting blood decal trail on the floor next to the fryer  
  • Fixed various issues with various 3D elements, both structural and decorative, in the Freddy Fazbear's Pizza map.
  • Fixed an issue by changing loading distances on four bricks parts of the main building of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza.
  • Fixed an issue in the Freddy Fazbear's Pizza map where shadows would end abruptly in various locations.
  • Fixed an issue in the Freddy Fazbear's Pizza map where the floor would clip through the wall.
  • Fixed an issue in the Freddy Fazbear's Pizza map where the intro camera would clip through The Houndmaster.
  • Fixed an issue in the Wreckers' Yard map where a placeholder tile would appear in the map.
  • Fixed an issue in the Toba Landing map where The Nurse could blink on a side of the main structure that is not accessible to any other character.
  • Fixed an issue where The Legion would encounter stuttering during the Feral Frenzy fatigue state.
  • Fixed an issue where the pick-up prompt for the Nostromo Wreckage keycard was incorrectly labeled.
  • Fixed an issue where the Map Showcase tooltip would remain visible after the cursor left the Map Showcase label in the lobby.
  • Fixed an issue where the Map Showcase tooltip would remain visible after disconnecting from a lobby.
  • Fixed an issue where the final level preview in the Bloodweb Bulk Spending popup was not accurate.
  • Fixed an issue where the Bloodweb Bulk Spending rewards popup would be missing for characters who were at max prestige level.
bar_red.png

 Known Issues

  • Survivors are misaligned during The Animatronic's locker grab animation when wearing the Yellow Rabbit outfit.
  • Survivor and Glitchtrap shadows can be seen when traveling through Security Doors.
  • Phantom Fear has no effect on add-ons that create a Terror Radius.
  • Survivor directional SFX may not work properly.
  • Killers selecting The Animatronic will crash when loading into a lobby on the Switch 2 platform only.

Comments

  • Why did you nerf up the ante? It was 3% per survivor and now it is nerfed to 1% without even mentioning it in the patch notes.

  • The game is constantly crashing on ps5 (when trying to play with friends) and there are directional audio bugs when playing survivors. I hear gens on the left when the are to the right.

  • @ThatRyanB said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3943618#Comment_3943618

    Hey there! When it comes to prioritizing bug fixes, it can often be a delicate balance where tough choices have to be made, balancing how much time it takes to reproduce and fix a given bug against its relative impact to the wider community. While I can't provide a timeline for when certain Artist bugs will be resolved, I can confidently say that the team is aware of and have been looking into a number of Artist bugs.

    As for the Shroud of Separation, this is a topic the team's been closely following and will continue to monitor. Sometimes, there are cases where a change looks dominant in theory, but doesn't end up having the same oomph in practice. This is what we saw on the PTB with the Shroud. BUT! That's not to say that's the end of the story. We'll be keeping a close eye on feedback as players dig into these offerings on the Live servers and get a feel for how they're impacting the game at a wider scale.

    Like Nurse who has been broken for more than a year? This is nonsense.

  • @Langweilig said:

    Why did you nerf up the ante? It was 3% per survivor and now it is nerfed to 1% without even mentioning it in the patch notes.

    Oh, did they?

    Welp, guess that perk's down the drain now.

  • How unfortunate to see the feedback on the AFK/Anti-excessive-hiding system wasn't followed-up on at release.

    I'll test it out with friends (will need to ask a few beginners to help) but I can already feel the undeserved crows giving Survivors' positions away despite them having valid reasons to not put themselves at risk (waiting out/hiding during Oni Rage/Myers T3, various Exposed perks etc. Avoiding the Terror Radius when injured and/or on 2nd hook, looking for Hex totems that cannot be ignored and aren't in broad daylight, dealing with a tight 3-gen situation while on 2nd hook etc.) Or simply getting lost because of lack of map knowledge & gen/totem spawns.

    Hell, I'll miss being able to meme/farm around with friendly Killers/being a friendly Killer and meme with Survivors without having my ears harrassed by crows that won't go away and ruin the mood.

  • @100PercentBPMain said:

    I'm sad about Babysitter. survivors needed that perk.

    but hey, my empathic connections FINALLY here in its full glory! thanks bhvr I've waited years for this

    Still its strong s-tier perk and only thing that changed is unhooked survivor is 5% slower.

  • @ThatRyanB said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3943706#Comment_3943706

    To confirm, are you referring to the perks that had their Haste values buffed alongside Steady Pulse? If so, it's worth noting that 3 of these - Batteries Included, Unbound, and Babysitter - have had their Haste values reduced alongside today's update. This is to account for cases where we were seeing this speed burst performing a little too strongly, given how easy or consistent they are to trigger.

    Your assumption is correct - I am referring to the steady pulse haste buffs. Im aware that some of them have been reverted, but are there any plans to revert the other ones, as well? Im just not understanding why their haste potential is now higher than ever if high haste was seen as problematic. I definitely get 3 of them were brought back in line, but there are still other perks that maintain a higher than before haste value while also being able to stack them into really high values.

  • as a survivor main, this is the most annoying killer yet, he can teleport across the map and see what’s around before he does it, he is silent and has no terror radius when doing so, and he can throw an axe that moves at the speed of light. He’s basically an op huntress x dredge.

  • @Skillfulstone said:

    How unfortunate to see the feedback on the AFK/Anti-excessive-hiding system wasn't followed-up on at release.

    I'll test it out with friends (will need to ask a few beginners to help) but I can already feel the undeserved crows giving Survivors' positions away despite them having valid reasons to not put themselves at risk (waiting out/hiding during Oni Rage/Myers T3, various Exposed perks etc. Avoiding the Terror Radius when injured and/or on 2nd hook, looking for Hex totems that cannot be ignored and aren't in broad daylight, dealing with a tight 3-gen situation while on 2nd hook etc.) Or simply getting lost because of lack of map knowledge & gen/totem spawns.

    Hell, I'll miss being able to meme/farm around with friendly Killers/being a friendly Killer and meme with Survivors without having my ears harrassed by crows that won't go away and ruin the mood.

    Can you update us on how you and your friends go? I've barely touched survivor lately, just can't enjoy it anymore. I'm reluctant to play it even more because I feel like the moment I get a crow while trying to find a Hex totem it's just gonna be the last straw for me lol

    Edit: just saw someone on Reddit got a crow while trying to cleanse Thrill of the Hunt 😂 BHVR must be having a laugh here

  • @Nazzzak said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3944046#Comment_3944046

    Can you update us on how you and your friends go? I've barely touched survivor lately, just can't enjoy it anymore. I'm reluctant to play it even more because I feel like the moment I get a crow while trying to find a Hex totem it's just gonna be the last straw for me lol

    Edit: just saw someone on Reddit got a crow while trying to cleanse Thrill of the Hunt 😂 BHVR must be having a laugh here

    Damn, I honestly didn't think about Thrill. But I'll try to keep an up-to-date testing. I'll wait a couple days though since just one or two nights of customs isn't enough (using pubs is not optimal due to 99% of matches being against Springtrap and there are Killers that can weaponize the new crow system.) so I'll come back in a few days.

  • @UGhostiiU said:

    I'm sorry but this new AFK system is horrible. Are you saying that if I have a slugged teammate and I need to hide and try to get around a patrolling killer, I get a crow? So if I'm stealthy, I get crow? No. Remove this system and rework this again.

    Why even rework? Who asked for a rework of the AFK system in the first place?

  • @HolyDarky said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3943934#Comment_3943934

    I can confirm the stuttering when playing Houndmaster. It felt like I moved at 5fps. I cannot explain how it happens because everything felt normal and then suddenly hello choppy and slow walking speed.

    The Houndsense bug is also still in the game.

    • The audio is reversed/wrong on the new map.

    the developers are already aware of the issue!

    Could you make a report for the choppy Houndmaster bug?

    I don't have a way to record it, and frankly, don't know how to exactly.

  • I don't understand the new crow changes. I've been playing it today, and I like to play stealth builds and sneak around getting people off hooks and healing them.
    Now, if I stop moving for 10 seconds, I get a crow, then even if I'm moving? it seems like I get another crow, and another if I haven't switched to some objective like generator or didn't get them off hook yet or heal someone… It's not allowing me to follow through sneaking to the hooked survivor and getting them free, I'm now forced to 'run' there, leave a trail, and end up having the killer on me instead, because I'm being forced to move at full speed constantly.
    Basically, now stealth is 100% defeated and useless in the game. The killer finds me easily, even with stealth perks on and the crows are helping him do it. The game is basically forcing everyone into a looping build or some such, where you must constantly be on the run. I don't get it.
    I'm giving up on playing survivor at this point and switching to killer main now, where I can just have the crows help me 4 kill every match. hehe This new patch just eludes me. I feel like the game play is ruined for survivors that like a more tactical approach. Either you are a generic (Jack of all trades, objective seeker always on the move, doing 'everything') or you eat crows and die. Okie dokey.
    Oh and btw, out of probably 20 matches tonight, people have actually escaped maybe 20%? Everyone is just dying badly due to this new patch. The solution seems to be to switch to playing killer and call it a day, or quit playing the game period. I dunno.

    And yeah, people that enjoy the new advantage are gonna downvote me. So what? Go ahead. Read Reddit, and everywhere else? I'm not alone on this sentiment at all. It's frustrating a lot of players now who aren't aggressive looper types.

    If I am actively moving 'towards a hooked player, which I am, within killer radius no less'… I should NOT be accumulating AFK crows. lol

  • @Jacknalls_Paw said:

    No changes for the new AFK system? Are you serious?

    What exactly is the issue with the AFK system? Now you can get crows if you run around doing nothing for 2 minutes and dropping and picking up still gives you crows. Other than that it seems pretty much the same as the current one.

  • @CherryCookie said:

    I don't understand the new crow changes. I've been playing it today, and I like to play stealth builds and sneak around getting people off hooks and healing them.
    Now, if I stop moving for 10 seconds, I get a crow, then even if I'm moving? it seems like I get another crow, and another if I haven't switched to some objective like generator or didn't get them off hook yet or heal someone… It's not allowing me to follow through sneaking to the hooked survivor and getting them free, I'm now forced to 'run' there, leave a trail, and end up having the killer on me instead, because I'm being forced to move at full speed constantly.
    Basically, now stealth is 100% defeated and useless in the game. The killer finds me easily, even with stealth perks on and the crows are helping him do it. The game is basically forcing everyone into a looping build or some such, where you must constantly be on the run. I don't get it.
    I'm giving up on playing survivor at this point and switching to killer main now, where I can just have the crows help me 4 kill every match. hehe This new patch just eludes me. I feel like the game play is ruined for survivors that like a more tactical approach. Either you are a generic (Jack of all trades, objective seeker always on the move, doing 'everything') or you eat crows and die. Okie dokey.
    Oh and btw, out of probably 20 matches tonight, people have actually escaped maybe 20%? Everyone is just dying badly due to this new patch. The solution seems to be to switch to playing killer and call it a day, or quit playing the game period. I dunno.

    The first crow still takes 60 seconds, like it used to do. What you are saying is just straight up wrong.

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3943663#Comment_3943663

    If your terrible internet is ruining games often enough to the point where the penalty affects you then the penalty is working as intended. I don't care why you disconnect, you are ruining the game for four other people and if your internet is constantly dying you shouldn't be playing PvP online games.

    Madjura is over here playing on the most top-tier and buffed-out internet connection out there! Clearly, you haven't considered power outages or any other factors outside of the players' control. It's not hard to be empathetic and understand that not every disconnection is a personal threat to your game. It doesn't even have to be often — one disconnect follows you through 20 games. That's overkill.

  • @knitejin said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3943664#Comment_3943664

    Madjura is over here playing on the most top-tier and buffed-out internet connection out there! Clearly, you haven't considered power outages or any other factors outside of the players' control. It's not hard to be empathetic and understand that not every disconnection is a personal threat to your game. It doesn't even have to be often — one disconnect follows you through 20 games. That's overkill.

    Not really. I played with literally hotel WiFi for one week. And while the package loss was annoying, I didn't ever get straight up disconnected from the game.

    Hell I have seen people with literally 4 digit ping play without getting DCed. If you get disconnected regularly then your internet must be absolutely terrible to the point you negatively affect every game you are in.

    Power outages do happen, but they are not that common that they should stack up over 20 games.

  • When I try to click on that link it says it's not an official BHVR site.

  • Batteries included nerf is fair but why the heck you nerfing unbound? Lmao balance team lead got outplayed by an unbound legion or something?

  • "Hey guys we made survivors spawn together like you asked but gave survivors an offering to negate this change entirely because we thought that definitely won't be abused as we've never seen nothing like that before in the history of this game!" (Cough…map offerings…cough)

    Great ######### plan! Excellent so now instead of being forced to run sac ward every game I have to run a shroud every game! Can y'all like actually play your damn game? Like how do you fix an issue and thing bring the exact same issue back but in a different form…like huh? Make it make sense.

  • @ThatRyanB said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3943602#Comment_3943602

    These two perks (as well as Batteries Included) saw their Haste values buffed alongside Steady Pulse, and what we saw over the last update cycle was that in cases where they were used, the increased speed burst they gave was a little too powerful for how easy they were to trigger. We've returned them to their pre-Steady Pulse Haste values, but are always keeping an eye on the performance of perks like this (and player feedback!) to consider future adjustments.

    So they will not even be considered now.

    You gave us something good and you took it away not even a month later.

    The numbers were good. Now they are decent but not worth consideration.

    Now we are just back to anti-tunnel and gen regression perks.

    We really need to be buffing those chase perks to give players more choices.

  • Map offering feedback: 20% is just not it. I tried them with my friend and we never got value out of offerings.

    I really believe at this point we should just retire the map offerings.

    They became clutter that we need to spend bloodpoints on, while we could be getting something better.

  • @SoGo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3943943#Comment_3943943

    Could you make a report for the choppy Houndmaster bug?

    I don't have a way to record it, and frankly, don't know how to exactly.

    Once I'm at home, I'll do my best try to test her in some custom matches to see if the bug happens again and to figure out how. Also if the bug just happens on FNAF map or on other maps as well.

  • Thanks for ruining more and more the survivor experience.

  • How did the DEVS not realize that this new killer is WAAAAYYYYY OP? Doors at every generator is insane. No warning that he is coming through the doors is insane. The glitchy graphics that he is coming through the doors is terrible. Is this the new marketing strat for the game when they release killers? Make them uber OP then nurf later? Then you have this new AFK crow system which makes playing this new killer insane. Most of the killers sit in the camara room waiting to see which gen is being worked on then pop out for an easy down. Fix this guys. Way too many doors not enough warning. Way OP.

  • @ThatRyanB said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3943614#Comment_3943614

    This is a system we'll be keeping a close eye on over the coming days and weeks. While it can seem intimidating when broken out in bullet points, it's quite forgiving in practice during matches. Specifically, if you're moving around and finding yourself in and out of the Terror Radius, you should have ample time to do things like finding Hex Totems.

    Of course, if you encounter specific scenarios in-game where you end up with AFK crows during the course of regular play, please flag them to us so we can keep the team informed!

    I mean this as respectfully as possible, but I don't know what game it is you're playing in which this AFK system is "forgiving in practice", but it certainly isn't DBD. It's been one day and either myself or my teammates have gotten crows:

    • While running from the killer.
    • While running generally
    • Moments after getting into a locker, turning what would have been a safe evade of the killer into a death.
    • While doing generators
    • While looking for totems
    • While cleansing totems
    • While unhooking fellow survivors
    • While healing other survivors
    • While opening the exit gate
    • While slugged on the ground, attempting to crawl away from the killer in order to use Unbreakable—which is impossible now because of the near instant crows snitching.

    Numerous perks will suffer for this. Some will become borderline unusable, some will become so niche in their use they might as well be unusable. It also encourages insta-unhooks (which never benefit the survivors, only ever the killers), makes it borderline impossible to do any kind of safe unhook (because if we wait until the killer is more than a foot away to attempt an unhook, the crows snitch on us). It also basically kills any real attempt at stealth gameplay for survivors, or any kind of long game (as is necessary in things like three gen situations).

    So no, I don't find the system to be "forgiving" during matches. I actually find it to be a profound hinderance to normal gameplay, as does everyone else I've spoken to who plays the game. While I understand this was an attempt at preventing AFK players to better gameplay, it is incredibly detrimental to players who are actually actively participating in the game, and quite honestly? I don't think it's something that can be 'tweaked' into working well. The best time to kill switch the new AFK system was about a minute after it was launched, but the second best time is right now.

  • @littlehoot said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3943627#Comment_3943627

    I mean this as respectfully as possible, but I don't know what game it is you're playing in which this AFK system is "forgiving in practice", but it certainly isn't DBD. It's been one day and either myself or my teammates have gotten crows:

    • While running from the killer.
    • While running generally
    • Moments after getting into a locker, turning what would have been a safe evade of the killer into a death.
    • While doing generators
    • While looking for totems
    • While cleansing totems
    • While unhooking fellow survivors
    • While healing other survivors
    • While opening the exit gate
    • While slugged on the ground, attempting to crawl away from the killer in order to use Unbreakable—which is impossible now because of the near instant crows snitching.

    Numerous perks will suffer for this. Some will become borderline unusable, some will become so niche in their use they might as well be unusable. It also encourages insta-unhooks (which never benefit the survivors, only ever the killers), makes it borderline impossible to do any kind of safe unhook (because if we wait until the killer is more than a foot away to attempt an unhook, the crows snitch on us). It also basically kills any real attempt at stealth gameplay for survivors, or any kind of long game (as is necessary in things like three gen situations).

    So no, I don't find the system to be "forgiving" during matches. I actually find it to be a profound hinderance to normal gameplay, as does everyone else I've spoken to who plays the game. While I understand this was an attempt at preventing AFK players to better gameplay, it is incredibly detrimental to players who are actually actively participating in the game, and quite honestly? I don't think it's something that can be 'tweaked' into working well. The best time to kill switch the new AFK system was about a minute after it was launched, but the second best time is right now.

    When you got AFK crows while running from the killer, did the chase music happen?

    Because being in chase is supposed to removes all the crows, so I’m wondering if the people having this issue are running away while they are so far away from the killer, that an actual chase never happens?

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3944950#Comment_3944950

    When you got AFK crows while running from the killer, did the chase music happen?

    Because being in chase is supposed to removes all the crows, so I’m wondering if the people having this issue are running away while they are so far away from the killer, that an actual chase never happens?

    Sure did! I was in chase! Music, terror radius, the whole shebang!

  • I know it works out as the same since it’s mostly been incorporated to his power but Vecna’s Crystal Ball was already seen as one of his worst add-ons and 1 second of extra killer instinct when a survivor is revealed by the Dispelling Sphere is really poor compared to other add-ons.

  • @Phartmagick said:

    How did the DEVS not realize that this new killer is WAAAAYYYYY OP? Doors at every generator is insane. No warning that he is coming through the doors is insane. The glitchy graphics that he is coming through the doors is terrible. Is this the new marketing strat for the game when they release killers? Make them uber OP then nurf later? Then you have this new AFK crow system which makes playing this new killer insane. Most of the killers sit in the camara room waiting to see which gen is being worked on then pop out for an easy down. Fix this guys. Way too many doors not enough warning. Way OP.

    The AFK system is bugged, it's not meant to be as punishing.

    As far as Springtrap goes, killers like Sadako, Xeno, Billy, Dredge, Kaneki and some others can get to a gen rather quickly from anywhere. Not sure why he in particular is an issue.

  • @littlehoot said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3943627#Comment_3943627

    I mean this as respectfully as possible, but I don't know what game it is you're playing in which this AFK system is "forgiving in practice", but it certainly isn't DBD. It's been one day and either myself or my teammates have gotten crows:

    • While running from the killer.
    • While running generally
    • Moments after getting into a locker, turning what would have been a safe evade of the killer into a death.
    • While doing generators
    • While looking for totems
    • While cleansing totems
    • While unhooking fellow survivors
    • While healing other survivors
    • While opening the exit gate
    • While slugged on the ground, attempting to crawl away from the killer in order to use Unbreakable—which is impossible now because of the near instant crows snitching.

    Numerous perks will suffer for this. Some will become borderline unusable, some will become so niche in their use they might as well be unusable. It also encourages insta-unhooks (which never benefit the survivors, only ever the killers), makes it borderline impossible to do any kind of safe unhook (because if we wait until the killer is more than a foot away to attempt an unhook, the crows snitch on us). It also basically kills any real attempt at stealth gameplay for survivors, or any kind of long game (as is necessary in things like three gen situations).

    So no, I don't find the system to be "forgiving" during matches. I actually find it to be a profound hinderance to normal gameplay, as does everyone else I've spoken to who plays the game. While I understand this was an attempt at preventing AFK players to better gameplay, it is incredibly detrimental to players who are actually actively participating in the game, and quite honestly? I don't think it's something that can be 'tweaked' into working well. The best time to kill switch the new AFK system was about a minute after it was launched, but the second best time is right now.

    With how bugged it is, disabling it would be a decent temporary solution.

  • @SoGo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3944950#Comment_3944950

    With how bugged it is, disabling it would be a decent temporary solution.

    I’m genuinely confused. With all the respect, I played survivor for hours yesterday with my friends.

    I didn’t get one single crow. Not one. I had to hide, I was chased. I waited for hatch. I hid while the killer left so I could go on a gen. I waited for the killer to shoo so I could do a boon. I am so confused.

    I am not seeing the issue with the AFK system. Everyone that I played with yesterday had zero issues. Literally none.

    Same with the go next prevention. For the first time in a while I had more fun than ever because my random teammates weren’t giving up on hook.

    We got more escapes than ever. Whole heartedly I don’t understand the complaints. Most of the complaints I have seen on the forums have all been from new accounts with no profile avatars. 🤷🏼‍♂️


    Today I will do some killer. I wanna iron stuff out with Houndmaster.

  • @VibranToucan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3944584#Comment_3944584

    Not really. I played with literally hotel WiFi for one week. And while the package loss was annoying, I didn't ever get straight up disconnected from the game.

    Hell I have seen people with literally 4 digit ping play without getting DCed. If you get disconnected regularly then your internet must be absolutely terrible to the point you negatively affect every game you are in.

    Power outages do happen, but they are not that common that they should stack up over 20 games.

    that's me, playing on 1100 ping :(

    even at 11,000 ping the game doesn't kick you

  • @littlehoot said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3943627#Comment_3943627

    I mean this as respectfully as possible, but I don't know what game it is you're playing in which this AFK system is "forgiving in practice", but it certainly isn't DBD. It's been one day and either myself or my teammates have gotten crows:

    • While running from the killer.
    • While running generally
    • Moments after getting into a locker, turning what would have been a safe evade of the killer into a death.
    • While doing generators
    • While looking for totems
    • While cleansing totems
    • While unhooking fellow survivors
    • While healing other survivors
    • While opening the exit gate
    • While slugged on the ground, attempting to crawl away from the killer in order to use Unbreakable—which is impossible now because of the near instant crows snitching.

    Numerous perks will suffer for this. Some will become borderline unusable, some will become so niche in their use they might as well be unusable. It also encourages insta-unhooks (which never benefit the survivors, only ever the killers), makes it borderline impossible to do any kind of safe unhook (because if we wait until the killer is more than a foot away to attempt an unhook, the crows snitch on us). It also basically kills any real attempt at stealth gameplay for survivors, or any kind of long game (as is necessary in things like three gen situations).

    So no, I don't find the system to be "forgiving" during matches. I actually find it to be a profound hinderance to normal gameplay, as does everyone else I've spoken to who plays the game. While I understand this was an attempt at preventing AFK players to better gameplay, it is incredibly detrimental to players who are actually actively participating in the game, and quite honestly? I don't think it's something that can be 'tweaked' into working well. The best time to kill switch the new AFK system was about a minute after it was launched, but the second best time is right now.

    No disrespect taken :) As I mentioned, this is something we're really focused on following and bringing intel back to the team about. I want to help bring your experiences with this back to them.

    Arguably the most useful intel we can get right now is footage of this happening, as that helps us understand exactly what's happening. Do you (and this goes for anyone in this thread who's encountering AFK crows in the course of regular gameplay) have any video footage of this occurring that you could share with us? I'd make sure this is shared with the relevant folks!

    Specifically, it would be immensely valuable to have footage of instances where this is happening, with the 2-4 minutes leading up to the AFK crow appearing included in the footage. That way, we can get a clear idea of exactly what led to this crow in-game.

  • Why does The Animatronic feel like the Artist, Huntress, Singularity and Xenomorph mashed together?

    Right now it is quite OP, not uncommon for new killers.

    A decent nerf would be the axe grab being removed from the power set and reducing the duration of the undetectable after exiting the security office doors.

    Just some thoughts.

  • The severe nurse bugs are still not fixed after 3 months and now I get crows for doing something as simple as stealthing for a hook or flashlight save or doing a totem. Way to go on your supposed "Quality of Life" initiative! The game experience for myself and many others have only gone downhill. I'll admit you guys have made some positive changes recently, but they have been overshadowed by the plethora of bugs and gameplay issues that have released as a result, even after PTB testing and consistent player feedback and bug reporting.

    After spending thousands of hours on this game and purchasing collections and chapters regularly, I am forced to say goodbye to this game. I, along with many others, feel ignored by BHVR and the developer community. I, and other players, have made posts and reports of gameplay and bug issues (such as those of nurse) only to fall on deaf ears after months of patiently waiting (even for a smallest bit of progress). Now, none of the issues I have reported have been fixed and even more severe issues have come up.

    I had faith that these bugs and issues would be fixed or at least lessened but they are only worse and I no longer have fun with the game as a result. I love this game but the team's indifference and lack of initiative to fix severe and longstanding issues have pushed me away. Goodbye.

  • The go next prevention/solution is frustrating/unfun and I‘m not talking about the giving up on hook being gone, because that had to be fixed but differently.

    The 2 vs 1 situations are so much worse with this patch. Before we had a little bit of counterplay by ending ourselves on hook to give the other survivors a last chance, but now - nothing! You are just forced in these unwinnable and insufferable situations for even longer. When there are only two survivors in a match and one is on the hook, we should get a new option to insta-sacrifice ourself and there finally needs to be counterplay for slugging for the 4k!

    I want my self unhook attempts back without luck offerings. There are so many situations where they are helpful and again I don‘t mean the situations where it is used to give up. For example, you are on hook and you know your team won‘t make it in time because you are already very close to second stage, why am I not allowed to have my one last try?! Another example, your whole team is hooked, you can‘t even try to self unhook yourself. Or 1 teammate is injured everyone else is slugged the killer hooks you, but the teammate can‘t get close to unhook you. Why am I not able to try and potentially turn the game around with my self unhook attempts? Or in endgame where your teammates are at the gate with the killer and are soon forced out by the killer. I ask you again why am I not allowed to try my luck? There are even more scenarios where it was reasonable to try and self unhook yourself without it meaning to ruin other survivors experience by giving up.

    The real problem was that dcing was punished too much, which lead to people bypassing the system instead of giving the other survivors at least a bot. All you needed to do was giving people a penalty free DC option if they rarely dc and give people that give up on hook very often a DC penalty. There was no need to completely remove it from the basekit. The thing that should have been removed on the other hand are the struggle skill checks that are annoying and majorly only punish new/console players. Removing them entirely and keeping the self unhooks attempts would be the much better solution. You could also have added a system that only deactivates the self unhooks attempts when you abuse them, which would have been the best thing. Overall you should encourage people to rather DC than running to the killer or killing themself on hook.

    The luck mechanic helped me turn around many matches or at least gave me another last chance before dying. It makes matches much more enjoyable and less predictable, which is a good thing.

    I hate that things I enjoy get constantly changed or removed from the game even tho I didn‘t abuse them. It happens far too often and ruined my experience with the game now completely. I can’t even play killer because the Que times are so long and I don’t enjoy playing every match against Springtrap.

    Then the up the ante nerf was not needed at all. It was a gimmicky perk that you could combo with slippery meat to get some fun moments. I used it a lot in swf lately and it was very fun. In soloq it does sadly not work because your teammates don‘t understand that you want to unhook yourself and by coming close to you they make your build worthless. Now with the nerf there is no point to ever bring luck builds to purposely attempt the self unhooks with how low the chance is. The only reason when you would want to use unhook attempts is in hopeless situations (like the ones I mentioned before) where you have no other choice, but now you won‘t have the ability to try it there because the basekit self unhooks attempts got removed. Noone is gonna take luck offerings if you can‘t make luck builds work reliable which they are no longer after the up the ante nerf.

    A quality of live I would like to see for luck: Show us with a little icon or status effect the percentage of luck (like with haste/hindered). This would allow my teammates to better understand my intentions when I bring a luck offering with a build and it would let them decide whether it is worth trying or not.

    Additionally luck should affect chests, which I describe in this discussion: https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/445805/chest-improvements

    In the end I really hope you revert the up the ante nerf and make the self unhooks tries available basekit somehow again for the people that didn‘t abuse them. There was no need to punish the people that didn‘t go next at the slightest inconvenience, but rather used it in situations where it made sense to do so.

  • Hello I noticed a change to the perk Moment of Glory where before if you didn't get it off i'd be saved and you'd have an opportunity to use it later on while as now you need to reactivate the perk was this intentional or a bug??

  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3945001#Comment_3945001

    I’m genuinely confused. With all the respect, I played survivor for hours yesterday with my friends.

    I didn’t get one single crow. Not one. I had to hide, I was chased. I waited for hatch. I hid while the killer left so I could go on a gen. I waited for the killer to shoo so I could do a boom. I am so confused.

    I am not seeing the issue with the AFK system. Everyone that I played with yesterday had zero issues. Literally none.

    Same with the go next prevention. For the first time in a while I had more fun than ever because my random teammates weren’t giving up on hook.

    We got more escapes than ever. Whole heartedly I don’t understand the complaints. Most of the complaints I have seen on the forums have all been from new accounts with no profile avatars. 🤷🏼‍♂️


    Today I will though some killer. I wanna iron stuff out with Houndmaster.

    People are overreacting, yes.

    But I heard things like getting crows while in a chase or on hook, DC penalties hitting hard-tunneled survivors and StB users, ect. All of which are bugs.

  • @SoGo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3945175#Comment_3945175

    People are overreacting, yes.

    But I heard things like getting crows while in a chase or on hook, DC penalties hitting hard-tunneled survivors and StB users, ect. All of which are bugs.

    Correct.

  • This content has been removed.
  • The current AFK system after the update is simply broken. Walking slowly around the map to avoid the killer? The game says you're AFK. Hiding because the killer is nearby? The game says you're AFK. You can't even shake off the crows by running — in fact, you can be marked as AFK even while running. You can even get crows while working on a generator.

    There have already been several matches where I got found while hiding in bushes just because crows suddenly appeared above me - even though the killer was right there and I hadn’t been camping in one spot for minutes. I was moving between bushes and rocks, and still the game marked me as AFK.

    In its current state, the AFK system is just terrible and frustrating for a large part of the player base. I don’t understand the decision to turn it into something this annoying. It just needed a fix so that hiding from the killer wouldn’t count as being AFK and it would’ve been fine. Previously, if someone was being chased near you while you were in a locker, you'd get AFK and the killer could grab you. Now, it's complete chaos and you can get marked AFK at random moments, even while running across the map.

  • Completely agree that the new AFK system is extremely broken and I don't mean in a buggy way. There are dozens of perks and play-styles that are completely useless now. I got crows while trying to get to the hook sneakily while the killer was basically camping, just outside of the camping radius but nah nah I was AFK apparently because I didn't RUN to the hook.

    Also why do you get crows while running? Aren't the scratch marks give away enough for the killer? Especially if an AFK player is running at the edge of the map they are clearly visible on the wall.

    I generally liked to escape chases using a sneaky locker or urban evasion style behind a rock but I guess these situation are just death sentences now. I would assume that a lot of new players who try to play very sneaky because they cannot loop good enough yet will be annoyed by this.

    Some say they got crows 60 seconds after doing nothing but tbh I cannot confirm this. I got some crows just a handful of seconds after leaving a gen. I think the previous crows system was fine. There are other ways to prevent players from doing nothing and also I rarely encounter survivors that are AFK or do nothing. I would say once in like 50 matches which is absolutely fine. Yes, I'm annoyed then but it wasn't a big issue that needed this completely stupid rework.

    The way this system works right now makes DBD really unenjoyable for me and my friends. Just glad I got through the current rift before this update dropped…

  • Hey, just wanted to ask a question here since I've seen this come up on reddit a few times now.

    image.png

    They say people are getting banned, for getting crow'ed by the new Crow System, is this true or false?
    Additionally some say BHVR are personally saying, that crow'ed players are lying????

    It sounds MEGA false. But I'm here to check, so bring out the receipts. https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/1lfj0xq/video_of_all_4_survivors_being_defeated_causing/

  • @Emeal said:

    Hey, just wanted to ask a question here since I've seen this come up on reddit a few times now.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/WYL0J61MPVRP/image.png

    They say people are getting banned, for getting crow'ed by the new Crow System, is this true or false?
    Additionally some say BHVR are personally saying, that crow'ed players are lying????

    It sounds MEGA false. But I'm here to check, so bring out the receipts. https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/1lfj0xq/video_of_all_4_survivors_being_defeated_causing/

    While the "Anti-AFK/Anti-hiding system does affect newcomers even more than regular players (and pushes people to abandon varying playstyles in favor of sticking themselves to gens and simply always running between the nearest gens even during Oni's Rage or if Devour Hope has just revealed itself) the particular video you brought isn't really the crow system being in play, it's the (now killswitched for this exact reason) Anti-go-next system which, due to massively unoptimal plays by a bunch of beginners and being killed quickly, flagged them as having tried to purposefully go next and were hit with a penalty.

    No game should ever have a system that not only kills variety but also actively punishes players for playing unoptimally.

    As for the "BHVR saying people crow'ed are lying" part, while I don't recall any mods or devs using those exact words on any social platform, despite dozens of people here (likely hundreds if we include other platforms outside of the DBD forum) telling their experience of receiving undeserved crows (and a single crow is enough to remove all possibility of hiding in a rather big radius) despite playing the game and not being afk, BHVR odten responded with a variant of "video evidence of the crows + several minutes before the crows or else there's no telling when/if action will be taken", which can be understood as "despite the countless people saying so, relating their experience and/or their friends' experience, and a handful of videos out there, we can't take action on your feedback in short order with mostly words to support it.".

    While it's a stretch, some people could easily take the repeated demand of video evidence over "vocal" feedback as a lack of trust.

  • @Skillfulstone said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3947031#Comment_3947031

    While the "Anti-AFK/Anti-hiding system does affect newcomers even more than regular players (and pushes people to abandon varying playstyles in favor of sticking themselves to gens and simply always running between the nearest gens even during Oni's Rage or if Devour Hope has just revealed itself) the particular video you brought isn't really the crow system being in play, it's the (now killswitched for this exact reason) Anti-go-next system which, due to massively unoptimal plays by a bunch of beginners and being killed quickly, flagged them as having tried to purposefully go next and were hit with a penalty.

    No game should ever have a system that not only kills variety but also actively punishes players for playing unoptimally.

    As for the "BHVR saying people crow'ed are lying" part, while I don't recall any mods or devs using those exact words on any social platform, despite dozens of people here (likely hundreds if we include other platforms outside of the DBD forum) telling their experience of receiving undeserved crows (and a single crow is enough to remove all possibility of hiding in a rather big radius) despite playing the game and not being afk, BHVR odten responded with a variant of "video evidence of the crows + several minutes before the crows or else there's no telling when/if action will be taken", which can be understood as "despite the countless people saying so, relating their experience and/or their friends' experience, and a handful of videos out there, we can't take action on your feedback in short order with mostly words to support it.".

    While it's a stretch, some people could easily take the repeated demand of video evidence over "vocal" feedback as a lack of trust.

    No game should ever have a system that not only kills variety but also actively punishes players for playing unoptimally.

    Should a game ever have a system that punishes players for playing Faulty then??? Ever played Dark Souls?

  • Why did the Celebrate Poster addon for springtrap get gutted from the PTB? Most people that I have seen on the forums over all disagree with the changes to it and I believe it should be reverted. Sure thing, haste will always benefit the killer more but the addon originally had both the survivor with the embedded axe plus the killer gain 20% haste, which essentially means that the addon was no different than basekit chase, with survivors moving 4.0m/s and killers 4.6m/s, with the main difference being just a faster and more fun chase for both the survivor and the killer. Make it make sense

  • @Emeal said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3947048#Comment_3947048

    No game should ever have a system that not only kills variety but also actively punishes players for playing unoptimally.

    Should a game ever have a system that punishes players for playing Faulty then??? Ever played Dark Souls?

    Yes, in fact I've played most souls game (and a few souls-like such as Sekiro and Elden Ring).

    And comparing DBD to any Souls game is useless, as their fundamentals are opposites.

    The Souls games from Fromsoft are all a single-player experience with multiplayer being effectively optional.

    DBD is a multiplayer game with a kind-sorta single player mode in the form of customs vs bots.

    Furthermore, all the major "punished if you die" systems that basically require multiplayer in order to deal with them in souls game (World Tendency/soul form, Hollowing to some extent etc.) are disliked by most of the community of those games (especially console players that literally have to pay extra for online multiplayer in order to deal with those systems more easily) which further proves that those systems aren't liked.

    The (currently killswitched thankfully) current "Anti-go-next" system not only punishes you if you try to die faster. But it also, as tons of people predicted before it was released, punishes people for simply being bad/new or, even worse, for getting killed too fast.

    If you give penalties to people for merely being new or just being hard-tunneled, then there's no surprise if people just drop the game.

  • Williams add ons seem more underpowered and not useful at changing play styles the more I play him

1 2 3