How would you change The Dredge?

I think he is rare, on the weaker side Killer who needs some help. I think he is so cool and creepy killer but his power is hard againts decent Survivors.

I would love if locked lockers would not work or only half duration during nightfall. Add more lockers on some maps too (helps other killers too).

Comments

  • @lettuchia said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3918020#Comment_3918020

    I don't understand why it's always asked "what else is the killer supposed to do" as if the only possible strategies in the game are hit and running or tunneling/camping/slugging/3 genning, the answer is literally just chasing survivors. It's widely agreed upon that chase is the most fun part of the game (up until hit and run is brought up, oddly enough), and while it's not a viable strategy in most trials my point is that it should be.

    And why should solo survivors have to bring an item or perk just to do what swfs can do without them? Especially when it's to counter a strategy the killer can do without having to sacrifice any part of their build, or effort for that matter.

    Locks being easy for survivors to use doesn't make dredge take any more skill to play as, I'm not sure the purpose of bringing up that point.

    Knowing the surroundings of where you're teleporting is hardly necessary, hardly difficult, and as you mention hardly unique. Sure no killer is totally unique, but there are plenty of killers that aren't identical either, and this singular point of the very slightest skill expression is basically identical to the other examples, and that wouldn't even be an issue if it wasn't also unnecessary and easy, but it is. It doesn't magically bring dredge's skill floor out from the gutter.

    Just as it's a non issue for experienced Survivors, the lack of it would be a non issue for experienced Killers who don't rely on Survivors lack of knowledge to do well and instead their own skill. Something that serves the entire purpose of making the killer easier to play should be trivial for inexperienced Survivors to deal with as well, so it should just be removed entirely. My point stands that it serves no purpose other than taking advantage of Survivors' lack of info, and therefore getting results just because Survivors guess wrong, without having to put any effort in yourself.

    You really think random chases are viable. That, or you're just being contrarian with everything you're saying.

    Strategies are used because they're the most efficient ways of winning, which promote skill because they require skill to execute. What killer can simply beat superior survivors by tunneling? He won't even be able to down them. Survivors not being able to deal with strategies is by and large a skill issue. They don't have a right to complain about a strategy they haven't even attempted to employ counterplay against.

    I say this all the time: There's no reason to not bring in an item. It's a free advantage. And if you're playing to escape, you bring the 2 items which increase those chances the most, which are obviously toolboxes and medkits. If hit and run is so prevalent or strong, please, run a medkit. Especially if you're one of those survivor's who's like, "I'm not doing anything until I'm healed" or "We always get interrupted healing!" If you need the ability to heal yourself or finish off your heal, bring it.

    The locks that Dredge gives survivors for free has been stupid from the start. We're just not outraged about it because it's been in for so long. But survivors really don't need all that, especially not the 2 lockers being locked by 1 lock (essentially).

    I don't get how you don't see ANY skill in what the killer does. You can't simply turn your brain off and play killer. You're juggling like 10 things even a medium level of play. Give the players some credit.

    And I get what you mean with relying on survivors' lack of game knowledge, but that's an issue with the killer role itself, and an 'issue' with the learning experience itself. Killers who are skilled at the game want to be able to beat good survivors, not just bad ones or ones lacking knowledge. That's why inaccurate matchmaking has been so bad for the game. But the survivors, in any event, need to understand that killers like the Dredge are the way that they are. Yes, Nightfall and hit and run can be inconvenient, because they're supposed to be. The killer is an obstacle to be overcome and is in opposition to the survivors. If they're unable to have meaningful abilities or use strategies, what's the point of the game for them?

  • @OPXtreme_ttv said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3917431#Comment_3917431

    wait this is actually kinda balanced and funny. Imagine getting grabbed off a chest

    You get pulled into a chest just like the locker grab.

  • And it will be like the Vecna mimics,

    • Id do a few things, add more chests to the map and give him the ability to TP and hide in them just like lockers, and if he's hiding in there and a Survivor is close enough he can yoink them inside them to immediately pick them up (similarly to how he can already yoink them if a Survivor is already inside the locker or about to go inside)
  • I really want the Dredge teleporting out of chest idea now LOL I'd use it with human greed + Hoarder all the time.

  • @Shroompy said:

    • Id do a few things, add more chests to the map and give him the ability to TP and hide in them just like lockers, and if he's hiding in there and a Survivor is close enough he can yoink them inside them to immediately pick them up (similarly to how he can already yoink them if a Survivor is already inside the locker or about to go inside)

    @OrangeBear said:

    Able to teleport to chests

    Hoarder unironically good on Dredge xD

  • @09SHARKBOSS said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3928015#Comment_3928015

    really?

    he seems extremely powerful when I play him and I get iri every month when just messing around with dredge

    do people just not use his power mid chase? or what because that genuinely confuses me on how higher skilled players are having more trouble with a pretty good killer

    there is something called awful matchmaking where even worst killers like Sadako have insanely high killrates and give consistent wins to people who spent time learning them.

  • @NarkoTri1er said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3928019#Comment_3928019

    there is something called awful matchmaking where even worst killers like Sadako have insanely high killrates and give consistent wins to people who spent time learning them.

    It's almost as though learning a Killer in depth and getting very good at them makes you a better Killer that is more consistent or something…

  • @LockerLurk said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3928357#Comment_3928357

    It's almost as though learning a Killer in depth and getting very good at them makes you a better Killer that is more consistent or something…

    yes but...results differ between matches against people with random skill level and people that have similar skill level to the one you have

  • Dredge does NOT need help

  • @Cassiopeiae said:

    Dredge does NOT need help

    dredge is so abysmal

  • @Wiccamanplays said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3917973#Comment_3917973

    Hit-and-run and tunnelling are arguably diametrically opposed strategies but you don't want either in the game. What do you want Killers to do if it's not acceptable to apply pressure evenly across the Survivor team or to apply it heavily to one Survivor, while being realistic that going for 8 hooks across 4 Survivors is not a feasible strategy in most trials? Moreover, it's far easier to counter hit-and-run than it is to fix tunnelling: bring a decent medkit, or some perk that lets you self-heal, or an aura perk that lets you find other Survivors more easily. There are plenty of good options for all of these but I never see Survivors bring these (whicever side I'm playing) because 90% of them all bring flashy chase perks instead of ones that might help their team survive.

    Locker locks are, at least in principle, easy to deal with, but also easy for Survivors to apply. It's literally pressing a button in front of a locker. For Dredge it also breaks Bloodlust and removes momentum if they break locks from the outside, slowing you down if you're trying to chase a Survivor.

    When Dredge charges his teleport, you can't see any of the map geometry you pass through, so you need to know where you're going to end up in relation to Survivor and tile positions, which is a skillset that's not unique to Dredge per se, but is peculiar to some (Freddy, Unknown and Dracula have similar mechanics). No Killer is totally unique in how they operate and what skills they require, otherwise learning more than one Killer would be insanely difficult.

    I agree that Nightfall can be oppressive for new Survivors, and I wish they'd make some visual adjustments so it's not so bad on some monitors. But it's virtually a non-issue for experienced Survivors (or anyone who uses shaders).

    they want them to just stand there doing nothing.

  • If they just use the killer item locations to spawn lockers, he'd be great. Every spot that can have an Onryo TV or a Freddy alarm clock could just have a locker when the killer is Dredge.

  • This.
    The biggest problem with Dredge is that when its chapter got released, the number of lockers in many if not all maps was increased. But then, in every single map release and update after that, the devs never considered his power again when making the locker distribution. Everytime a new map releases, it has less than the ideal number of lockers for Dredge, and every time a map is reworked, it has LESS lockers than before.

    Hell, if the number of lockers in maps was so important for Dredge that they had to increase it when the killer released, then they should always make sure that number remains consistent in new maps, instead of indirectly nerf Dredge on every patch that envolves a map.

  • The only thing I would change about Dredge isn't even really a Dredge issue but better map design. Half of their power is reliant on lockers existing and a lot of maps don't even have lockers on some parts of the map. I somewhat agree with Dredge being able to teleport to chest but admittedly not for the same reasons. I just feel you can't really fix Dredge without an overhaul on how maps are generated based on what killer is present so having chest as an option to teleport to feels like while it is a bandaid fix it is an acceptable alternative.

    I don't really have any comments on the rest of their power. It's just apparent that some maps they have decent locker distribution in and some maps don't have enough in the right spots. I don't really consider some indoor maps since lockers are plentiful there but for most general maps locker distribution could be better. Possibly even just spots that only spawn when Dredge is present.

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3917481#Comment_3917481

    Dredge isn’t fundamentally flawed at all you can literally leave loops and they just have no power, in chase people use the teleport that is a relatively healthy 50/50 if you wanna fight it since if dredge ######### up they wasted alot of time and by that logic alot of hit and run killers should be removed

    So his whole counterplay is hold W, yeah that's a fundamental flaw. And yes a lot of the hit and run killers should indeed be removed

  • @UndeddJester said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3917481#Comment_3917481

    While I agree that just downvoting and saying nothing isnt very useful (not a fan of the downvote system and I never use it)... I also just wanna point out that you haven't really said much of anything to justify/substantiate your claim...

    "He is fundamentally flawed by taking bare minimum skill to play and be encouraged to hit and run"... skill is its own topic (I'm a believer that skill in DBD is more than just mechanical skill, macro skill, build construction and map knowledge are just as important skills in their own right), but you haven't qualified why hit and run is such a problem to be considered "fundamentally flawed".

    Doesn't this also count for Legion? Wraith? Sadako? Are all these killers also fundamentally flawed since they too are taking bare minimum mechanical skill to play? Cause I can't realistically see a justification for gutting Dredge and not all of these killers as well if we follow this line of reasoning; and I think not many would agree these killers are in a position they should be gutted.

    Not to mention numerous other killers have the mobility to also play hit and run effectively if they choose to. Blight, Nurse, Spirit, Wesker, Unknown, Ghoul, Freddy, etc, etc. These killers generally have higher lethality so tend to prefer to close out chases instead of play hit and run, but they are absolutely capable of doing so, and while some of them take more skill than Dredge, I'd argue that Spirit, Freddy, Ghoul or Unknown are not really any harder to play than Dredge... debatably easier.

    So for any discussion to be meaningful you need to clarify your argument... because without a tangible point, this does sound a little "I don't like Dredge because he can hit and run... so nerf him pl0x", hence likely why you've been ratio'd.

    You really think it's reasonable to expect me to explain every little thing in what I say? There's a difference between saying nothing absolutely nothing and saying less than everything. Hit and run is a problem because it's a lazy strategy that doesn't involve chasing, which is the fun part of the game which everyone agrees with, coincidentally until hit and run is brought up lol.

    Yes, legion wraith and sadako are also fundamentally flawed, it doesn't mean anything to me that not many people would agree since not many people actually understand this game well.

    Blight has a strong and unique chase power so he's not forced into hit and run like the other killers which literally couldn't be buffed because they have little to no identity outside of it. Nurse, spirit, and wesker literally have no mobility. Unknown doesn't have mobility vs good players that dispell hallucinations frequently. Kaneki should have his free injure removed. Freddy same as blight and he has a long cooldown on his tp. All those killers you mentioned are definitely more challenging than dredge, not debatable whatsoever if they're easier because they absolutely not.

  • @SoGo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3917481#Comment_3917481

    Not every killer needs to require a genius to play.

    Also, hit and run is mostly a dead playstyle, so not sure how that's a problem.

    I would understand if the argument was that it encourages brainlessly holding W, but making hit and run the base of your argument against him seems really shaky.

    There's a difference between not being braindead and requiring a genius.

    What you say about hit and run doesn't change my point whatsoever, he's still encouraged to do it.

    Hit and run is the "base" of my argument because there's nothing more to say about him besides that and him not taking skill to play, ######### else you want me to say?

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3917481#Comment_3917481

    Asking for a character to be removed will almost always result in getting backlash. There are people that like that character and will defend them. They have any right to do so.

    I personally dont think that Dredge is that insanely easy to play, especially when you have Killers like Ghoul and Legion in the game. Using the tp effecitvely and maximizing nightfall efficiency is nto so easy to do on a higher level. His anti loop also requires some thinking if survivors chose to leave / disrupt the remnant.

    Hit and run might not be the most fun playstyle, but doing it effectively is a lot more skillful than brute forcing pallets and catching up with *some killers* for a free hit. Or lets be more precise, getting a hit completely for free (Legion, Ghoul).

    Sure they have the right to do so, doesn't take away from them being biased, just because people like a fundamentally flawed character doesn't mean they should be in the game.

    Kaneki is not nearly as easy as dredge, the free injure brings him closer to that point sure, but the second hit still takes skill and has depth. Legion should be removed too. Using his tp is easy, literally just remember what gens are being worked on and tp there, and if there's no lockers nearby that's not a skill element just a disadvantage. Remnant doesn't require any skill except basic patience.

    Hit and run is not skillful at any level except for killers that actually add depth to the decision making instead of just making it free to drop chase like dredge does

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3918343#Comment_3918343

    You really think random chases are viable. That, or you're just being contrarian with everything you're saying.

    Strategies are used because they're the most efficient ways of winning, which promote skill because they require skill to execute. What killer can simply beat superior survivors by tunneling? He won't even be able to down them. Survivors not being able to deal with strategies is by and large a skill issue. They don't have a right to complain about a strategy they haven't even attempted to employ counterplay against.

    I say this all the time: There's no reason to not bring in an item. It's a free advantage. And if you're playing to escape, you bring the 2 items which increase those chances the most, which are obviously toolboxes and medkits. If hit and run is so prevalent or strong, please, run a medkit. Especially if you're one of those survivor's who's like, "I'm not doing anything until I'm healed" or "We always get interrupted healing!" If you need the ability to heal yourself or finish off your heal, bring it.

    The locks that Dredge gives survivors for free has been stupid from the start. We're just not outraged about it because it's been in for so long. But survivors really don't need all that, especially not the 2 lockers being locked by 1 lock (essentially).

    I don't get how you don't see ANY skill in what the killer does. You can't simply turn your brain off and play killer. You're juggling like 10 things even a medium level of play. Give the players some credit.

    And I get what you mean with relying on survivors' lack of game knowledge, but that's an issue with the killer role itself, and an 'issue' with the learning experience itself. Killers who are skilled at the game want to be able to beat good survivors, not just bad ones or ones lacking knowledge. That's why inaccurate matchmaking has been so bad for the game. But the survivors, in any event, need to understand that killers like the Dredge are the way that they are. Yes, Nightfall and hit and run can be inconvenient, because they're supposed to be. The killer is an obstacle to be overcome and is in opposition to the survivors. If they're unable to have meaningful abilities or use strategies, what's the point of the game for them?

    "Random chases." It's just chases, nothing random about it.

    Never said I couldn't deal with it, I could but only if I'm on comms because that's what's required to deal with it. Very healthy of a playstyle to be OP vs survs without comms and useless vs survs with them, and it doesn't take skill just because you said so. Thinking hit and run should be viable is a skill issue.

    Limited use is not "free," and still, doesn't make dredge take any more skill to a significant degree.

    You quite literally can turn your brain off and play the killer, and the only reason you won't win is because he's weak, not because he's hard. Any juggling you have to do comes entirely from the killer role itself and not dredge.

    What I meant was relying on survs lack of knowledge of realtime game events, like where teammates are or where tiles are, teammates is a general issue sure but tiles is entirely dredge's fault because of nightfall vfx. I don't mind the killer having abilities to inconvenience survivors but they should take skill to use, and dredeg's don't.

  • @lettuchia said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3927716#Comment_3927716

    You really think it's reasonable to expect me to explain every little thing in what I say? There's a difference between saying nothing absolutely nothing and saying less than everything. Hit and run is a problem because it's a lazy strategy that doesn't involve chasing, which is the fun part of the game which everyone agrees with, coincidentally until hit and run is brought up lol.

    Yes, legion wraith and sadako are also fundamentally flawed, it doesn't mean anything to me that not many people would agree since not many people actually understand this game well.

    Blight has a strong and unique chase power so he's not forced into hit and run like the other killers which literally couldn't be buffed because they have little to no identity outside of it. Nurse, spirit, and wesker literally have no mobility. Unknown doesn't have mobility vs good players that dispell hallucinations frequently. Kaneki should have his free injure removed. Freddy same as blight and he has a long cooldown on his tp. All those killers you mentioned are definitely more challenging than dredge, not debatable whatsoever if they're easier because they absolutely not.

    You really think it's reasonable to expect me to explain every little thing in what I say? There's a difference between saying nothing absolutely nothing and saying less than everything.

    So now we have some actual points of discussion and I understand YOUR understanding and reasoning behind your opinion. I'm not a mind reader, I COULD vaguely intuit what reasoning you used to reach your conclusion, but there is a good chance I'm wrong. I might even agree with your conclusion, but I might not agree with your reasoning for getting there. You not explaining your stance means I don't correctly understand your perspective, which isn't really gonna help anyone debate on the issue, especially if I feel there is more nuance than what your conclusion presents... so yes, I do expect you to explain the details of what you want to say.

    It also seems a little off to condemn people for down voting and not actually offering an argument to debate with you, but also hold the stance you shouldn't have to explain your point... do you want people to debate with you or not?

    Hit and run is a problem because it's a lazy strategy that doesn't involve chasing, which is the fun part of the game which everyone agrees with, coincidentally until hit and run is brought up lol. Yes, legion wraith and sadako are also fundamentally flawed, it doesn't mean anything to me that not many people would agree since not many people actually understand this game well.

    So to address the points you've raised here,I do agree Hit and Run isnt a fun playstyle... however I wouldn't say Dredge is especially effective at hit and run to the point of being problematic. When he uses his locker teleports, lockers being locked slows his exit from the locker and gives time for survivors to make it to safety. So Survivors do get the opportunity to loop Dredge, since at the very least Dredge needs to get an injury to make the exchange worth his time.

    Using his remnant at loops is a difficult to handle tool for Survivors, and this threat means he can go for downs effectively... however you can mind game it and leave the tile to another while Dredge is slowed, it takes good map knowldge (or WoO) to do so, but it can be done. He has to actually commit to chases and gettimg hits if he wants to start getting his Nightfall up, and at some point he has to start committing for hooks, however if he takes too long he has to leave and try to maintain control of the macro the game elsewhere.

    This is the same deal with these other killers. Their ability to close out chase is limited, and this is the trade off imposed by the relatively easy first hits of their powers... they can suprise players and get hits easier than they can a Survivor in chase, which comes with a trade off of how effective are the Survivors at healing one another and/or their ability to play injured.

    Blight has a strong and unique chase power so he's not forced into hit and run like the other killers which literally couldn't be buffed because they have little to no identity outside of it. Nurse, spirit, and wesker literally have no mobility.

    You talk about understanding this game, but Blight is a fundamental problem to DBD, because Blight has the lethality to brute force hits on Survivors at a number of locations, and the "skill" of Blight is learning when you can do so. These hits are what allow him to keep up with the strongest survivor teams, and he still has the map mobility to mostly ignore the macro game, and make it all about the micro.

    The S tier killers are basically playing a different game to everyone else. Most other killers have to pay careful mind to the macro of the trial, since they can't brute forces hits at tiles. They need to actually measure up the respective cost of trying to take the time to down survivors. This is why they struggle against top level survivors, because there is no means of scoring a near guaranteed hit efficiently, even if played at max potential. This is why against exceptional survivors these killers tend to get demolished. S tiers on the other hand makes it basically impossible to give killers basekit buffs to help, because these killers also exist.

    Also what do you mean Nurse, Spirit and Wesker have no mobility? They certainly have more than well over half the killer cast and they all have cooldown, duration, and/or distance add-ons that let them move significantly more efficiently across the map... and these kinds of add-ons tend to be the more popular add-ons.

    All those killers you mentioned are definitely more challenging than dredge, not debatable whatsoever if they're easier because they absolutely not.

    I'd agree that Dredge isn't mechanically demanding, he is easy to play from an inputs perspective, however good survivors can handle him pretty easy, and he struggles for an effective answer against them.

    Dredge, like many low to mid tier killers, is a bit of a noob stomper. Mistakes by a few less experienced players, or a veteran who makes a mistake, can be very costly for Survivors, but any decently competant players can certainly give him a hard time. He is also very map reliant...

    In regards to how much of a "problem" he is, I can admit Dredge isn't flawless (I'd argue Huntress or Hillbilly is probably the best designed killers), but I'd certainly cite any problems Dredge has as not that big a deal, and more of a preference issue than an objective problem on the game.

    I mean what would a fix for Dredge hit and run even look like? Longer cooldown on his TP and a stronger dash power to close out chases? Cause it seems to me the only thing that ever constitutes "good design" in DBD is just keep adding different flavours of dash killer. Everyone has to be some derivative of Wesker, otherwise they suck... which needless to say.. is pretty sad if true.

  • @lettuchia said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3927730#Comment_3927730

    Sure they have the right to do so, doesn't take away from them being biased, just because people like a fundamentally flawed character doesn't mean they should be in the game.

    Kaneki is not nearly as easy as dredge, the free injure brings him closer to that point sure, but the second hit still takes skill and has depth. Legion should be removed too. Using his tp is easy, literally just remember what gens are being worked on and tp there, and if there's no lockers nearby that's not a skill element just a disadvantage. Remnant doesn't require any skill except basic patience.

    Hit and run is not skillful at any level except for killers that actually add depth to the decision making instead of just making it free to drop chase like dredge does

    Please elaborate, on how Kaneki takes more skill than Legion when you have to do an entire chase as an m1 as Legion compared to Kaneki who can ignore god pallets and catch up in seconds, often leaving you with nothing to loop them. This just doesn't add up for me.

    Remembering what gens are worked and returning to defend them is something EVERY high mobility killer can do. Blight, Nurse, Dredge, Kaneki, Billy, Oni (power), Sadako, Dracula, Demo, Xeno, Wraith and Vecna are just some that I can think of. Dredge is just one of them. One of them that has to deal with lockers being placed and locked. Something a killer like Kaneki, for example, doesn't have to care about.

    Remnant can be tricky to use because it allows a variety of counterplay. Two of them being shift w or running into the remnant. If cleverly placed, a good Dredge can outplay very difficult structures with a bit of planning and timing. It all depends on how creative the killer player wants to be. Let's take artist as a comparison. She allows all kinds of crazy plays with her power. It all depends on how the player uses it. Do they just chase loop to loop, always placing a bird down (boring) or do they use birds from across the map to snipe people / set up birds in unexpected spots in larger structures?

    Again, no killer should be removed. You, like all of us, have an opinion. Does not mean you are right about it. Does not mean the other people are right about it. You tell them they are biased, but are ultimate biased yourself.

  • People just want more sm game play look st the last 7 docs all the killers take barley any effort to play now killer are so accustomed to how easy it is now all killer have yo follow siute u shouldent be able to pick up any killer and get a 4k but rn killers are so easy to play and take 0 effort to actually get half decent

  • @Atom7k said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/443776/how-would-you-change-the-dredge

    I honestly wasn't even aware dredge needs that much help.

    As a dredge main, I win most of the matches I play.
    He is not an S Tier killer thats for sure and I get that it is very hard to play against very good survivors but I would be carefull to not overbuff him.
    Because the consequence of an overbuff in the history of dbd lead to the killer being nerfed to a weaker state then before the buff.

    Dredge has the highest mobility (depending of lockers of course) among all killers. His ability to traverse the entire map including different levels in seconds is unparalled even the Ghoul cannot do it this quick.
    However using his remnant effective can be tricky and the most effective thing against dredge is holding W which will cause long chases with good survivors.

    In my opinion the best usage of its power is to surprise survivors, catching them offguard and try to chase them to an edge map loop (corner map tile is best). That way you can place down your remnant without the survivor being able to hold W and then it becomes a 50/50. With every second you see the survivor and hold the remnant the chances get higher you get the hit.

    On the other hand survivor being able to destroy the remnant for free has always annoyed me.

    In summary I think dredge is decent but maybe you could tweak some numbers. For example breaking a lock from insde the locker happens twice as fast during nightfall

    Well, i main dredge also and i am surprised you dont have issues with him. Its not uncommon on some maps that half the map does not have any lockers, and the rest ist cluttered on the other half. Basicly, you can see when first using your power if you have a shot at that match or not. And its just bad to lose to rng, so i see there is a need of fixing.

  • @LockerLurk said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3928357#Comment_3928357

    It's almost as though learning a Killer in depth and getting very good at them makes you a better Killer that is more consistent or something…

    real lol

  • @lettuchia said:

    Remove him. He's fundamentally flawed by taking bare minimum skill to play and encouraged to hit and run

    ... I don't know why you think Dredge of all killers require bare minimum of a skill level to play.

    I didn't think I'd see someone thinking Dredge is a strong killer and when I have played Dredge (I even adepted him) - I did not play hit and run Dredge.

    I'm on mobile, dang - I do like the tagged person's addition. It would help with the fact that sometimes lockers are not near gens that you need to teleport to, and it is on theme for Dredge as you know, chests are locked and/or open. It gives more viability to Dredge, albeit basement's chest would be utterly useless of course. Regardless, this is a good simple change.

    @OrangeBear

  • @CautionaryMary said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3917481#Comment_3917481

    ... I don't know why you think Dredge of all killers require bare minimum of a skill level to play.

    I didn't think I'd see someone thinking Dredge is a strong killer and when I have played Dredge (I even adepted him) - I did not play hit and run Dredge.

    I'm on mobile, dang - I do like the tagged person's addition. It would help with the fact that sometimes lockers are not near gens that you need to teleport to, and it is on theme for Dredge as you know, chests are locked and/or open. It gives more viability to Dredge, albeit basement's chest would be utterly useless of course. Regardless, this is a good simple change.

    @OrangeBear

    i adept every character I get before I do anything else

  • I cannot get the Huntress or Demogorgon one months ago, lmfao.

    I did try to adept most of them, but I actually enjoyed Dredge. He's not my favorite character to play, but he is fun to play.

    He's not strong, you can bait out the teleport and force Dredge to lose distance. Dredge takes a lot of timing and knowing when to pull up the power versus brute forcing for a down. He's not obscenely a hard character to play, but he's not the easiest to play imaginable. When I did play him, I typically opted for aura reading (LP + BBQ) with two slowdowns (Pop + Pain Res). So, my Dredge playstyle was more information based, spreading gen pressure, and not a typical hit and run playstyle.

    Only character I "hit and run" as was Legion (obviously due to their power).

  • @CautionaryMary said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3929788#Comment_3929788

    I cannot get the Huntress or Demogorgon one months ago, lmfao.

    I did try to adept most of them, but I actually enjoyed Dredge. He's not my favorite character to play, but he is fun to play.

    He's not strong, you can bait out the teleport and force Dredge to lose distance. Dredge takes a lot of timing and knowing when to pull up the power versus brute forcing for a down. He's not obscenely a hard character to play, but he's not the easiest to play imaginable. When I did play him, I typically opted for aura reading (LP + BBQ) with two slowdowns (Pop + Pain Res). So, my Dredge playstyle was more information based, spreading gen pressure, and not a typical hit and run playstyle.

    Only character I "hit and run" as was Legion (obviously due to their power).

    who actually is your favorite killer to play?

  • I'm gonna be honest and say I haven't played killer in a while, but of the ones I have played...

    My first killer I got into was Wraith and then I started to struggle a bit as I climbed in MMR.

    So, I started shifting towards Onryo, Trapper, and Doctor. I liked Nemesis and even Skull Merchant (I haven't played her in a while though).

    I typically played a whole bunch of killers, but I would say who I excel with the best is the initial three, but I am not a killer main or someone who has invested thousands of hours into the role (at best, it is hundreds). Dredge was super fun to play, he's quite simple with my build that I had for him - LP gives information to go to a certain place, downs are easy from what I experienced with him (indoor maps are his strengths), and BBQ gives information to teleport to a locker to continue pressure with Pop and the eventual down. He's probably in my top ten for sure, maybe top five if I'm being honest -- just not my favorite.

  • @CautionaryMary said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3929792#Comment_3929792

    I'm gonna be honest and say I haven't played killer in a while, but of the ones I have played...

    My first killer I got into was Wraith and then I started to struggle a bit as I climbed in MMR.

    So, I started shifting towards Onryo, Trapper, and Doctor. I liked Nemesis and even Skull Merchant (I haven't played her in a while though).

    I typically played a whole bunch of killers, but I would say who I excel with the best is the initial three, but I am not a killer main or someone who has invested thousands of hours into the role (at best, it is hundreds). Dredge was super fun to play, he's quite simple with my build that I had for him - LP gives information to go to a certain place, downs are easy from what I experienced with him (indoor maps are his strengths), and BBQ gives information to teleport to a locker to continue pressure with Pop and the eventual down. He's probably in my top ten for sure, maybe top five if I'm being honest -- just not my favorite.

    those are actually some interesting picks that don't seem to have much of anything in common

  • @09SHARKBOSS said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3929796#Comment_3929796

    those are actually some interesting picks that don't seem to have much of anything in common

    Lmao, well yeah - I enjoy Trapper as I typically do gen regression on him, along with grassy map offerings as he shines on those maps.

    Onryo for her ability to teleport on demand and continue with gen regression - to me, she's a stronger Dredge by definition.

    Doctor for his ability to maintain gen pressure and shut loops down. I did mention that I had hundreds of hours, I don't really find killer to play as fun for me - but again, that's just me. Those are the killers I found fun to play as, as you did ask me for my favorites. People can have favorites that excel at different things. - you know what all three have in common? The ability to shut down loops. Trapper does that with his traps, Onryo does that with her demanifestation/manifestation, and Doctor does that with shocks, so yes sir.

  • @CautionaryMary said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3929797#Comment_3929797

    Lmao, well yeah - I enjoy Trapper as I typically do gen regression on him, along with grassy map offerings as he shines on those maps.

    Onryo for her ability to teleport on demand and continue with gen regression - to me, she's a stronger Dredge by definition.

    Doctor for his ability to maintain gen pressure and shut loops down. I did mention that I had hundreds of hours, I don't really find killer to play as fun for me - but again, that's just me. Those are the killers I found fun to play as, as you did ask me for my favorites. People can have favorites that excel at different things. - you know what all three have in common? The ability to shut down loops. Trapper does that with his traps, Onryo does that with her demanifestation/manifestation, and Doctor does that with shocks, so yes sir.

    fair enough

    i enjoy killers like dredge, oni, blight, and the legion because of their cross map mobility

  • @09SHARKBOSS said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3929803#Comment_3929803

    fair enough

    i enjoy killers like dredge, oni, blight, and the legion because of their cross map mobility

    Do you play on PC? I have played Blight before, but I find him a little hard to control on console.

    Dredge feels a bit clunky to play as, as Dredge is practically Onryo with a few extra steps.

    Onryo typically has her TVs near gens and sometimes there's an overlap when two gens are clustered, meaning two TVs near two gens that survivors would have to turn off. She gets more teleportation and mobility built into her kit and as others stated, Dredge's issue is that he's very map dependent.

    A gen can spawn in the corner of the map or in a deadzone, Dredge teleports to a locker not so close to said gen (think of Temple of Purgation map), which results in Dredge having to manually walk to the gen. I do feel like adding more lockers (hopefully not near windows lol) and the ability to teleport to chests would give him more viability.

    He is strong in shutting down loops, but suffers if the survivor is holding a 99 Sprint Burst or a survivor Lithes away, resulting in the Dredge losing distance, having to teleport to a locker to catch up or walk. However, he is fun to play and I know people would rank him higher in higher MMR. 😋

    Legion is interesting, what's your reasoning there as they operate different from your previous three?

  • Lmaooo bro called dredge weak.

    He is fine. His power needs to BE tunes down a bit tho. Cant see anything

  • @UndeddJester said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3929128#Comment_3929128

    You really think it's reasonable to expect me to explain every little thing in what I say? There's a difference between saying nothing absolutely nothing and saying less than everything.

    So now we have some actual points of discussion and I understand YOUR understanding and reasoning behind your opinion. I'm not a mind reader, I COULD vaguely intuit what reasoning you used to reach your conclusion, but there is a good chance I'm wrong. I might even agree with your conclusion, but I might not agree with your reasoning for getting there. You not explaining your stance means I don't correctly understand your perspective, which isn't really gonna help anyone debate on the issue, especially if I feel there is more nuance than what your conclusion presents... so yes, I do expect you to explain the details of what you want to say.

    It also seems a little off to condemn people for down voting and not actually offering an argument to debate with you, but also hold the stance you shouldn't have to explain your point... do you want people to debate with you or not?

    Hit and run is a problem because it's a lazy strategy that doesn't involve chasing, which is the fun part of the game which everyone agrees with, coincidentally until hit and run is brought up lol. Yes, legion wraith and sadako are also fundamentally flawed, it doesn't mean anything to me that not many people would agree since not many people actually understand this game well.

    So to address the points you've raised here,I do agree Hit and Run isnt a fun playstyle... however I wouldn't say Dredge is especially effective at hit and run to the point of being problematic. When he uses his locker teleports, lockers being locked slows his exit from the locker and gives time for survivors to make it to safety. So Survivors do get the opportunity to loop Dredge, since at the very least Dredge needs to get an injury to make the exchange worth his time.

    Using his remnant at loops is a difficult to handle tool for Survivors, and this threat means he can go for downs effectively... however you can mind game it and leave the tile to another while Dredge is slowed, it takes good map knowldge (or WoO) to do so, but it can be done. He has to actually commit to chases and gettimg hits if he wants to start getting his Nightfall up, and at some point he has to start committing for hooks, however if he takes too long he has to leave and try to maintain control of the macro the game elsewhere.

    This is the same deal with these other killers. Their ability to close out chase is limited, and this is the trade off imposed by the relatively easy first hits of their powers... they can suprise players and get hits easier than they can a Survivor in chase, which comes with a trade off of how effective are the Survivors at healing one another and/or their ability to play injured.

    Blight has a strong and unique chase power so he's not forced into hit and run like the other killers which literally couldn't be buffed because they have little to no identity outside of it. Nurse, spirit, and wesker literally have no mobility.

    You talk about understanding this game, but Blight is a fundamental problem to DBD, because Blight has the lethality to brute force hits on Survivors at a number of locations, and the "skill" of Blight is learning when you can do so. These hits are what allow him to keep up with the strongest survivor teams, and he still has the map mobility to mostly ignore the macro game, and make it all about the micro.

    The S tier killers are basically playing a different game to everyone else. Most other killers have to pay careful mind to the macro of the trial, since they can't brute forces hits at tiles. They need to actually measure up the respective cost of trying to take the time to down survivors. This is why they struggle against top level survivors, because there is no means of scoring a near guaranteed hit efficiently, even if played at max potential. This is why against exceptional survivors these killers tend to get demolished. S tiers on the other hand makes it basically impossible to give killers basekit buffs to help, because these killers also exist.

    Also what do you mean Nurse, Spirit and Wesker have no mobility? They certainly have more than well over half the killer cast and they all have cooldown, duration, and/or distance add-ons that let them move significantly more efficiently across the map... and these kinds of add-ons tend to be the more popular add-ons.

    All those killers you mentioned are definitely more challenging than dredge, not debatable whatsoever if they're easier because they absolutely not.

    I'd agree that Dredge isn't mechanically demanding, he is easy to play from an inputs perspective, however good survivors can handle him pretty easy, and he struggles for an effective answer against them.

    Dredge, like many low to mid tier killers, is a bit of a noob stomper. Mistakes by a few less experienced players, or a veteran who makes a mistake, can be very costly for Survivors, but any decently competant players can certainly give him a hard time. He is also very map reliant...

    In regards to how much of a "problem" he is, I can admit Dredge isn't flawless (I'd argue Huntress or Hillbilly is probably the best designed killers), but I'd certainly cite any problems Dredge has as not that big a deal, and more of a preference issue than an objective problem on the game.

    I mean what would a fix for Dredge hit and run even look like? Longer cooldown on his TP and a stronger dash power to close out chases? Cause it seems to me the only thing that ever constitutes "good design" in DBD is just keep adding different flavours of dash killer. Everyone has to be some derivative of Wesker, otherwise they suck... which needless to say.. is pretty sad if true.

    Yo dude, this is poetry. This is exactly the truth of this game. Most Killers play one game, S tiers play another, and the issue is there's Killers in general that just do not play this macro game or have to learn the same skill around handling tiles.

    This is why lower tiers get wrecked against really and I mean REALLY good Survs, who are vanishingly rare anyway. It's not that their kits are bad or weak in any way. It's that their kits are average and balanced, but the upper tiers just simply do not have kits that play by the same rules. They have been powercrept by something 95% of Killer choices can only dream of.

    That's unfair, skews balance, and isn't fun. It cheapens the game. It messes up balance for the rest of the roster and directly leads to terrible nerfs that never needed to happen. If you can just learn the "skill" of spamming a power and making all loops unsafe as Blight, why bother learning anyone else or any macro skill? Why bother ever improving as a Killer when characters like Nurse are all you need? You won't need this skill because you will never play any of the "bad Killers".

    If we removed the five strongest (read "overtuned") Killers in the game, then every single Killer shifts up a tier and we can look at the ACTUAL balance of the game, where pretty much every single Killer including Trapper is in a very good or at least decent state (except poor beleagured Skurchent who got gutted to oblivion until her rework, anyway, but even she isn't totally unplayable). at that point if you are not getting results with someone in that 95% of the roster, it's absolutely not their kit being bad. It's you being bad at their kit or that kit not gelling with your playstyle. I could make a tierlist showing what it would look like if the top five current Killers were removed from the game or not considered, but I don't feel like it at the moment. I bet it would look pretty balanced though with MOST Killers in B or A tier, including ones you may not expect to ever be there.

  • @sulaiman said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3917443#Comment_3917443

    Well, i main dredge also and i am surprised you dont have issues with him. Its not uncommon on some maps that half the map does not have any lockers, and the rest ist cluttered on the other half. Basicly, you can see when first using your power if you have a shot at that match or not. And its just bad to lose to rng, so i see there is a need of fixing.

    I also Main Dredge and I simply just become more tactical and aware of what Survivors are doing in the round, playing a lot more Macro, on maps that lack lockers.

  • @CautionaryMary said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3929797#Comment_3929797

    Lmao, well yeah - I enjoy Trapper as I typically do gen regression on him, along with grassy map offerings as he shines on those maps.

    Onryo for her ability to teleport on demand and continue with gen regression - to me, she's a stronger Dredge by definition.

    Doctor for his ability to maintain gen pressure and shut loops down. I did mention that I had hundreds of hours, I don't really find killer to play as fun for me - but again, that's just me. Those are the killers I found fun to play as, as you did ask me for my favorites. People can have favorites that excel at different things. - you know what all three have in common? The ability to shut down loops. Trapper does that with his traps, Onryo does that with her demanifestation/manifestation, and Doctor does that with shocks, so yes sir.

    You are the first ever person I have seen on these forums acknowledge the strength of a stealth Killer like Onryo making loops very dangerous with her admittedly weak Stealth, which Killers like Wraith and Ghostface can also do due to on-demand stealth powers. It's like people forget that this IS a type of antiloop because it's the original form of antiloop - mindgaming. These three Killers ALL excel at extended mindgames, and it baffles me that I do not see more people playing these Killers ever do that anymore. I always do it at tall loops and it really does make a difference in play. I guess it's a lost art form.

  • @CautionaryMary said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3917481#Comment_3917481

    ... I don't know why you think Dredge of all killers require bare minimum of a skill level to play.

    I didn't think I'd see someone thinking Dredge is a strong killer and when I have played Dredge (I even adepted him) - I did not play hit and run Dredge.

    I'm on mobile, dang - I do like the tagged person's addition. It would help with the fact that sometimes lockers are not near gens that you need to teleport to, and it is on theme for Dredge as you know, chests are locked and/or open. It gives more viability to Dredge, albeit basement's chest would be utterly useless of course. Regardless, this is a good simple change.

    @OrangeBear

    When did I say dredge is a strong killer?

  • @francesinhalover said:

    Lmaooo bro called dredge weak.

    He is fine. His power needs to BE tunes down a bit tho. Cant see anything

    He IS weak, he is playable and winnable so not worst killer in the game, but weak

  • His remnant got huge buffs as well as nightfall charges and breaking locker speed. He used to suffer from loop connection but with his speed being increased while holding remnant he closes gaps way quicker. If any buffs I'd make his teleport speed way way faster. Locker placement isnt issue imo because he has no limitation to his teleport apart from anticamp.

    Who played within the eruption/call of brine meta knows how frustrating he was to verse and that he got huge buffs since then and is in quite decent spot. I don't think every killer has to 50-50 at loop, close chase in 20s withou much skill expression and Dredge is one of those who kinda need to use brain to win which is imo good design.

  • @LockerLurk said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3929195#Comment_3929195

    Yo dude, this is poetry. This is exactly the truth of this game. Most Killers play one game, S tiers play another, and the issue is there's Killers in general that just do not play this macro game or have to learn the same skill around handling tiles.

    This is why lower tiers get wrecked against really and I mean REALLY good Survs, who are vanishingly rare anyway. It's not that their kits are bad or weak in any way. It's that their kits are average and balanced, but the upper tiers just simply do not have kits that play by the same rules. They have been powercrept by something 95% of Killer choices can only dream of.

    That's unfair, skews balance, and isn't fun. It cheapens the game. It messes up balance for the rest of the roster and directly leads to terrible nerfs that never needed to happen. If you can just learn the "skill" of spamming a power and making all loops unsafe as Blight, why bother learning anyone else or any macro skill? Why bother ever improving as a Killer when characters like Nurse are all you need? You won't need this skill because you will never play any of the "bad Killers".

    Hehehehe cheers 🤘😁🤘

    PixelBush recently coined the phrase "Dash Slop", referring to every new killer over the past year being some derivative of highly mobile dash killer in one way shape or form... and I've kinda taken a liking to it 😅

  • @coolgue1 said:

    People just want more sm game play look st the last 7 docs all the killers take barley any effort to play now killer are so accustomed to how easy it is now all killer have yo follow siute u shouldent be able to pick up any killer and get a 4k but rn killers are so easy to play and take 0 effort to actually get half decent

    I fail to see how the last 7 killers don't take any effort to play. Especially killers like Houndmaster. Dracula and Vecna also aren't that easy, even if they don't have the absolute highest skill ceilings. Same goes with Unkown, who arguably has a very high skill ceiling.

    Kaneki was certainly too strong for how easy he is to play, and arguably still is a bit too strong, but even he does take a little bit of effort for sure.

  • @Neaxolotl said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3929815#Comment_3929815

    He IS weak, he is playable and winnable so not worst killer in the game, but weak

    everything is weak if you compare it to blight, nurse, billy.

    Killers shouldn't all b A/S tier. that's stupid. And if you want that, maybe we should just delete 90% of the killers from the game.

  • @UndeddJester said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3929976#Comment_3929976

    Hehehehe cheers 🤘😁🤘

    PixelBush recently coined the phrase "Dash Slop", referring to every new killer over the past year being some derivative of highly mobile dash killer in one way shape or form... and I've kinda taken a liking to it 😅

    I feel like I've been screaming this exact sentiment for years now. No. M1 and low mobility Killers aren't bad with weak kits.

    Dash Killers are overtuned and it's ruining the game for everyone. It was fine when it was just Blight, but it's not just Blight anymore. It's Blight and Kaneki and Wesker and retooled Legion and Chucky pre-nerf, and it's not fun to deal with. "Dash Slop" makes sense. I just think it needs a better term.

  • @LockerLurk said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3929803#Comment_3929803

    You are the first ever person I have seen on these forums acknowledge the strength of a stealth Killer like Onryo making loops very dangerous with her admittedly weak Stealth, which Killers like Wraith and Ghostface can also do due to on-demand stealth powers. It's like people forget that this IS a type of antiloop because it's the original form of antiloop - mindgaming. These three Killers ALL excel at extended mindgames, and it baffles me that I do not see more people playing these Killers ever do that anymore. I always do it at tall loops and it really does make a difference in play. I guess it's a lost art form.

    Haha, thank you! I arguably haven't played killer in months (I prefer playing survivor, so I haven't touched killer in a while) but I think I analyze the game on a fundamental level. 🥲

    I like to look at all the killers having potential pros and cons, with counterplay for each killer. Like we've mentioned, Onryo can catch up to a survivor who has used exhaustion as she can quickly shift between manifest/demanifest. Dredge suffers a lot here as obviously they can't keep creating remnants over and over to close down a loop, meaning he suffers here a little more. He can teleport to a locker and sometimes lose even more distance at times too. It's not excessive, but you understand my point that it is noticeable.

    I do feel like when I played killer, I recognized bad behaviors survivors do -- for example, survivors who excessively try to get a gen done without recognizing that there are other gens to do, there are gens nearby that you can work on... Instead of going down for the same gen over and over. Another factor is simply walking away to avoid leaving scratch marks to throw the killer off, which is definitely a lost art for some survivors.

    So, playing both roles allowed me to analyze the game a bit better, even if I have way more hours in survivor gameplay. Survivor gameplay allows people to obviously pick up on these things and learn counterplay too. 😊

    I think for Wraith, Ghostface, and Dredge - the reasoning is mainly lack of mobility (even though I'd argue Wraith is mobile, as they can traverse the map, bodyblock, and close down loops with timing of uncloaks). Ghostface is a bit harder to do, especially with being broken out of stealth and mindgaming, but a Ghostface who knows how to hide their red stain excels. Dredge, like I mentioned in the above . People typically opt for higher mobility killers as they have higher lethality → Blight (rushing and speed allows for more snowballing), Nurse (bypassing pallets, map traversal, and potential snowballs), Hillbilly (high map traversal and potential to one shot with a timed curve), Kaneki (high mobility, the biting mechanic, the ability to bodyblock ((similar to a Wraith)), and snowball potential).

    Dredge suffers a bit from snowball potential unless survivors are clustered together, hence the hit and run playstyle, while Wraith is similar here to Dredge. Same for Ghostface again, unless the survivors are clustered and being able to be marked and downed continually.

  • @lettuchia said:

    Remove him. He's fundamentally flawed by taking bare minimum skill to play and encouraged to hit and run

    You advocated for removing him, why else think that the killer is a fundamental problem and/or strong character to play. If Dredge is not a strong killer, why would you think that this comment wouldn't imply strength as a factor in your recommendation for his removal?

    Typically, killers deemed 'fundamentally flawed' in this way are either oppressive or frustrating to play against, which tends to correlate with perceived strength in some form.

    If the issue isn't his strength, then is it more about him being unfun rather than overpowered?

  • Just remove being forced to go to locked locker, .ake it a 50/50 for the dredge

  • @CautionaryMary said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3917481#Comment_3917481

    You advocated for removing him, why else think that the killer is a fundamental problem and/or strong character to play. If Dredge is not a strong killer, why would you think that this comment wouldn't imply strength as a factor in your recommendation for his removal?

    Typically, killers deemed 'fundamentally flawed' in this way are either oppressive or frustrating to play against, which tends to correlate with perceived strength in some form.

    If the issue isn't his strength, then is it more about him being unfun rather than overpowered?

    Ok well that's an immature assumption to make, killers can have plenty other problems besides strength. My problem with him is that he takes little skill to play and is encouraged to hit and run, a lazy strategy made really easy by his mobility.

  • @CautionaryMary said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3929985#Comment_3929985

    Haha, thank you! I arguably haven't played killer in months (I prefer playing survivor, so I haven't touched killer in a while) but I think I analyze the game on a fundamental level. 🥲

    I like to look at all the killers having potential pros and cons, with counterplay for each killer. Like we've mentioned, Onryo can catch up to a survivor who has used exhaustion as she can quickly shift between manifest/demanifest. Dredge suffers a lot here as obviously they can't keep creating remnants over and over to close down a loop, meaning he suffers here a little more. He can teleport to a locker and sometimes lose even more distance at times too. It's not excessive, but you understand my point that it is noticeable.

    I do feel like when I played killer, I recognized bad behaviors survivors do -- for example, survivors who excessively try to get a gen done without recognizing that there are other gens to do, there are gens nearby that you can work on... Instead of going down for the same gen over and over. Another factor is simply walking away to avoid leaving scratch marks to throw the killer off, which is definitely a lost art for some survivors.

    So, playing both roles allowed me to analyze the game a bit better, even if I have way more hours in survivor gameplay. Survivor gameplay allows people to obviously pick up on these things and learn counterplay too. 😊

    I think for Wraith, Ghostface, and Dredge - the reasoning is mainly lack of mobility (even though I'd argue Wraith is mobile, as they can traverse the map, bodyblock, and close down loops with timing of uncloaks). Ghostface is a bit harder to do, especially with being broken out of stealth and mindgaming, but a Ghostface who knows how to hide their red stain excels. Dredge, like I mentioned in the above . People typically opt for higher mobility killers as they have higher lethality → Blight (rushing and speed allows for more snowballing), Nurse (bypassing pallets, map traversal, and potential snowballs), Hillbilly (high map traversal and potential to one shot with a timed curve), Kaneki (high mobility, the biting mechanic, the ability to bodyblock ((similar to a Wraith)), and snowball potential).

    Dredge suffers a bit from snowball potential unless survivors are clustered together, hence the hit and run playstyle, while Wraith is similar here to Dredge. Same for Ghostface again, unless the survivors are clustered and being able to be marked and downed continually.

    This is also why I try so hard to defend stealth Killers on these forums. They're fine, they're actually genuinely fine and balanced. Yes even with low mobility. The mindgames are the point, the difficulty in finding them is the point, they do fine. It's not "just bad Survivors" either because as BHVR's own data shows, most people don't even play at that level and these Killers are all still hitting around 60% Killrates on average just. Friggin'. Fine.

    I truly do think that people in the community are either so spoiled for strong choices that make the game trivial now that they just don't consider these guys, at all… that, or they remember when they actually were pathetically weak and don't think the buffs they DID get are enough because, well, they can't dash and patrol the whole map at mach ten, and they can't easily snowball at 5 gens, and they take genuine effort and skill at Killer overall to play, so they may as well be as bad as Trapper right?

    it's like some people in this community can't live without looking at anyone that doesn't have a mobility option and crapping on them because "they're old, they're not fast, they have to be weak because if I'm wrong and they're actually not that weak and they're fine, that makes me WRONG, and God Forbid I get proven wrong on the internet…"

    "Is it true? Am I so out of touch? No. No, it's just that they always play against bad Survivors and nothing else, that's it, anyone who plays them ONLY gets Bad Survivors and just ain't very good. Not like me, the strong Blight Main who easily winstreaks because I make the game trivial and ends the game before it even starts at 5 gens so nobody gets a round. Yeah, I'M the biggest baddest best Killer around! I'M the skilled one! Me!"

1 2 3