How would you change The Dredge?

I think he is rare, on the weaker side Killer who needs some help. I think he is so cool and creepy killer but his power is hard againts decent Survivors.

I would love if locked lockers would not work or only half duration during nightfall. Add more lockers on some maps too (helps other killers too).

Comments

  • @theblimp said:

    Just remove being forced to go to locked locker, .ake it a 50/50 for the dredge

    Arguably a 50/50 shot would be a lot more interesting for both sides…

  • @LockerLurk said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3930445#Comment_3930445

    This is also why I try so hard to defend stealth Killers on these forums. They're fine, they're actually genuinely fine and balanced. Yes even with low mobility. The mindgames are the point, the difficulty in finding them is the point, they do fine. It's not "just bad Survivors" either because as BHVR's own data shows, most people don't even play at that level and these Killers are all still hitting around 60% Killrates on average just. Friggin'. Fine.

    I truly do think that people in the community are either so spoiled for strong choices that make the game trivial now that they just don't consider these guys, at all… that, or they remember when they actually were pathetically weak and don't think the buffs they DID get are enough because, well, they can't dash and patrol the whole map at mach ten, and they can't easily snowball at 5 gens, and they take genuine effort and skill at Killer overall to play, so they may as well be as bad as Trapper right?

    it's like some people in this community can't live without looking at anyone that doesn't have a mobility option and crapping on them because "they're old, they're not fast, they have to be weak because if I'm wrong and they're actually not that weak and they're fine, that makes me WRONG, and God Forbid I get proven wrong on the internet…"

    "Is it true? Am I so out of touch? No. No, it's just that they always play against bad Survivors and nothing else, that's it, anyone who plays them ONLY gets Bad Survivors and just ain't very good. Not like me, the strong Blight Main who easily winstreaks because I make the game trivial and ends the game before it even starts at 5 gens so nobody gets a round. Yeah, I'M the biggest baddest best Killer around! I'M the skilled one! Me!"

    Sorry for the late response! I took a little break from DBD, haha. -

    But yes, I think map mobility is a strong aspect to killers. Ironically, when I played killer I didn't really gravitate towards them - the closest was probably Wraith for me and potentially Onryo.

    I enjoyed Doctor, Billy was a little hard for me to play and navigate with on controller lol. So, I can see the benefits to what you're saying as M1 killers do typically rely on more mindgame oriented playstyles - and even leads into hit and run. I've never actively played as a hit and run killer, but that's because I can typically get a down in a relatively normal time.

    Obviously, when I first started I noticed I would overextend or hyperfixate on someone for way too long - but that's the beauty of playing killer, you learn and adapt to recognize when a chase is fruitful for you to continue going. - I think that's a major issue that many killer mains suffer from - not knowing when to leave chase and pressure elsewhere — which can lead to an over reliance on mobility killers.

  • @lettuchia said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3930446#Comment_3930446

    Ok well that's an immature assumption to make, killers can have plenty other problems besides strength. My problem with him is that he takes little skill to play and is encouraged to hit and run, a lazy strategy made really easy by his mobility.

    Even though I do not play hit-and-run Dredge, Dredge suffers from mobility like other high-end mobility killers - (Kaneki, Blight, Billy, Nurse, etc).

    Additionally, a Dredge's mobility comes from teleporting to a locker that they may or may not get a disadvantage for doing. Sometimes the lockers are not near key objectives, meaning the Dredge will have to waltz over and wait for their ability to go on cooldown to teleport again.

    I am just wondering why Dredge, someone you advocated for removing because they're easy and lazy to play due to their mobility is an issue - but not the other killers that perform much better than Dredge (barring Nurse)?

  • @CautionaryMary said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3930691#Comment_3930691

    Even though I do not play hit-and-run Dredge, Dredge suffers from mobility like other high-end mobility killers - (Kaneki, Blight, Billy, Nurse, etc).

    Additionally, a Dredge's mobility comes from teleporting to a locker that they may or may not get a disadvantage for doing. Sometimes the lockers are not near key objectives, meaning the Dredge will have to waltz over and wait for their ability to go on cooldown to teleport again.

    I am just wondering why Dredge, someone you advocated for removing because they're easy and lazy to play due to their mobility is an issue - but not the other killers that perform much better than Dredge (barring Nurse)?

    Because dredge has nearly nothing else going for him besides hit and run and a low skill floor chase power, there's almost no possible way to make him well designed without a new power entirely, whereas the killer you mentioned very well can be changed to be more healthy and already have well designed chase powers for the most part. Also Nurse quite literally has the worst mobility in the game.

  • @lettuchia said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3934905#Comment_3934905

    Because dredge has nearly nothing else going for him besides hit and run and a low skill floor chase power, there's almost no possible way to make him well designed without a new power entirely, whereas the killer you mentioned very well can be changed to be more healthy and already have well designed chase powers for the most part. Also Nurse quite literally has the worst mobility in the game.

    I think you're oversimplifying The Dredge’s design. While hit-and-run is a viable strategy for him, his Nightfall mechanic and locker teleportation create a unique pressure dynamic that Survivors have to actively manage. The idea that he has 'nothing else going for him' ignores the map control, lockdown potential, and vision-based pressure that define his kit.

    Reworking him wouldn’t require a full replacement of his power -- it would need refinements to Nightfall, potential adjustments to teleport mechanics, or better synergy between his abilities. Many Killers have received adjustments without needing a full redesign.

    As for Nurse -- her Blink quite literally bypasses every traversal limitation in the game. Saying she has 'the worst mobility' is objectively incorrect. If anything, her mobility is too strong, which is why she’s considered the highest skill-ceiling Killer in the game.

    Edit: this is not an advocacy to render Nurse's mobility useless, but to say Nurse has the worst mobility in the game and that Dredge has better mobility is wild. Nurse can close the distance in a chase as she bypasses pallets rendering them useless, while Dredge is more of an anchor by placing remnants down and forcing the survivor away from a loop entirely.

  • @CautionaryMary said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3935068#Comment_3935068

    I think you're oversimplifying The Dredge’s design. While hit-and-run is a viable strategy for him, his Nightfall mechanic and locker teleportation create a unique pressure dynamic that Survivors have to actively manage. The idea that he has 'nothing else going for him' ignores the map control, lockdown potential, and vision-based pressure that define his kit.

    Reworking him wouldn’t require a full replacement of his power -- it would need refinements to Nightfall, potential adjustments to teleport mechanics, or better synergy between his abilities. Many Killers have received adjustments without needing a full redesign.

    As for Nurse -- her Blink quite literally bypasses every traversal limitation in the game. Saying she has 'the worst mobility' is objectively incorrect. If anything, her mobility is too strong, which is why she’s considered the highest skill-ceiling Killer in the game.

    None of the things you mentioned are healthy or skillful parts of him. Map control could be fine but it's not a defining feature whatsoever when plenty killers have mobility, lockdown potential? I sincerely don't know what you could be referring to other than 3 genning, and his "vision-based pressure" is such a joke of game design as it purely gets value from Survivor's lack of information which is completely skill-less.

    If you actually do the math with the distance gained from blinking across the map it is equivalent to something around a 4.4 killer, maybe even slower, I don't remember exactly but it's definitely worse than just walking as a 4.6, thinking otherwise is ACTUALLY objectively incorrect.

  • @09SHARKBOSS said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3928015#Comment_3928015

    really?

    he seems extremely powerful when I play him and I get iri every month when just messing around with dredge

    do people just not use his power mid chase? or what because that genuinely confuses me on how higher skilled players are having more trouble with a pretty good killer

    Using his power mid cahse huh? His teleport isnt that good in chase maybe in rpd main the small drop window but thats one of few exeptions. His remnant isnt that strong against seasoned survivors they know holding w is great and cheap counter and they wont let them selfs to get forced into remnant easily. His nightfall wit new update will probably get shadow nerfed with brightness changes. Hist stealth isnt best either got changed but still breaking a locked locker is louder than old wraiths grunts.

    He would be better killer if additional lockers were spawned on map (covering full map) because his mobility is supper dependent on map rng like farm maps. His power is solid in nightfall but still it isnt that strong.

  • @lettuchia said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3935203#Comment_3935203

    None of the things you mentioned are healthy or skillful parts of him. Map control could be fine but it's not a defining feature whatsoever when plenty killers have mobility, lockdown potential? I sincerely don't know what you could be referring to other than 3 genning, and his "vision-based pressure" is such a joke of game design as it purely gets value from Survivor's lack of information which is completely skill-less.

    If you actually do the math with the distance gained from blinking across the map it is equivalent to something around a 4.4 killer, maybe even slower, I don't remember exactly but it's definitely worse than just walking as a 4.6, thinking otherwise is ACTUALLY objectively incorrect.

    You’re severely downplaying the mechanics that make Dredge effective. Saying his kit lacks skillful elements ignores the pressure and unpredictability that his abilities create.

    Map control isn’t just about mobility, it’s about limiting Survivor safety -- The Dredge’s ability to cut off access to lockers, control movement, and create uncertainty adds a level of mental pressure that isn’t just a matter of simple speed. Many killers have mobility, but not all of them force Survivors to reconsider their escape routes and create deadzones the way Dredge does.

    Your claim that lockdown potential is only ‘3-genning’ completely misses the actual pressure Dredge creates through Nightfall. Survivors play worse when their visibility is limited -- it forces mistakes, delays healing, and creates higher vulnerability in chases. Saying 'vision-based pressure is skill-less' is reductive -- plenty of mechanics (like stealth killers, aura suppression, blindness effects) capitalize on limiting Survivor information, which is absolutely a valid design choice.

    As for the Nurse mobility claim, that argument falls apart entirely. You’re comparing Blink range to base Killer speed, but you’re ignoring map traversal efficiency. A 4.6 Killer walks around obstacles -- Nurse blinks through them. Blink allows direct engagement without movement restrictions, making her infinitely more effective at map traversal than any normal-speed Killer. Saying she has ‘the worst mobility’ is objectively incorrect -- not only is her power the most unique mobility in the game, it’s also what makes her the strongest Killer at high-level play.

  • Dredge is fine I just hate playing against his darkness, Its hard for me to see. I understand "thats the point" just the games already dark as ######### without dredge

  • @CautionaryMary said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3935068#Comment_3935068

    I think you're oversimplifying The Dredge’s design. While hit-and-run is a viable strategy for him, his Nightfall mechanic and locker teleportation create a unique pressure dynamic that Survivors have to actively manage. The idea that he has 'nothing else going for him' ignores the map control, lockdown potential, and vision-based pressure that define his kit.

    Reworking him wouldn’t require a full replacement of his power -- it would need refinements to Nightfall, potential adjustments to teleport mechanics, or better synergy between his abilities. Many Killers have received adjustments without needing a full redesign.

    As for Nurse -- her Blink quite literally bypasses every traversal limitation in the game. Saying she has 'the worst mobility' is objectively incorrect. If anything, her mobility is too strong, which is why she’s considered the highest skill-ceiling Killer in the game.

    Edit: this is not an advocacy to render Nurse's mobility useless, but to say Nurse has the worst mobility in the game and that Dredge has better mobility is wild. Nurse can close the distance in a chase as she bypasses pallets rendering them useless, while Dredge is more of an anchor by placing remnants down and forcing the survivor away from a loop entirely.

    Pressure =/= Skill

    Similar elements to other killers =/= Skill

    Capitalizing on limiting Survivor information is not a valid design choice

    Putting nurse's mobility on par with the likes of blight/billy/dracula/dredge/etc, saying that what little mobility she has is what makes her strong, and saying that she's the strongest killer in the game at high level play are all objectively wrong as well. Do the math or stop making objectively false statements

  • What I would do is make the Dredge Able to place Fake Lockers that if they interact with it it grabs them making lockers more risky and just add more Lockers in general because that's what makes him weak on some maps is the lack of lockers.

  • @sanees said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/443776/how-would-you-change-the-dredge

    Well, it depends on how it is programmed, if adding additional lockers is a matter of a couple of clicks, then just add lockers, but if it is a big process that requires manually placing lockers on each map, then it is better to just give it +3-5% speed boost at night

    Well we are getting a baiscly ground up rework to the game and maps are getting a make over gofor 2027 so if they od it right they coulc make lockers a killer items so when you play a killer that needs additional lockers it would spawn them around the map.

  • @09SHARKBOSS said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3928015#Comment_3928015

    really?

    he seems extremely powerful when I play him and I get iri every month when just messing around with dredge

    do people just not use his power mid chase? or what because that genuinely confuses me on how higher skilled players are having more trouble with a pretty good killer

    People do the problem is survivor with half a brain can notice and just w key away hes good at killing new players because they dont understand nightfall or his tp well.

  • Sadly dredge us even weaker now die to pallet density. I really like the chest idea as well i think the addon Lavalier Microphone should break locks when it slams the doors open. And lastly add more lockers my god so many maps have large no locker dead zones.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3928013#Comment_3928013

    If you are higher up dredge needs tons of help, he's one of the lower win rate killers in high mmr.

    Well that depends on a few things like are we talking like comp level high mmr or just high mmr because that changes a few things because dredge on his comp map (Midwich) is absolutely brutal but if we were talking high mmr pubs then yeah he struggles which I think you are just talking about high mmr but yeah I would say he needs more lockers and the tping to chest sounds like a fun idea maybe a slight buff to his chase

1 2 3 ›