Kaneki is S tier

This killer is insane. Guaranteed injury since it’s almost impossible to miss with the power, insane map mobility, and insane at ending chases since you can leap ahead of a survivor or right next to them and cancel your ability mid air so you can get a instant m1 after landing. I would put him around Billy as the 4th best killer in the game currently. He has all the things in his kit to be S tier and has an addon that is legit bbq and chili.

Comments

  • Just wait until Behaviour nerfs the killer. Lots of people are complaining about it being unbalanced. And frankly, it is very unbalanced.

  • @Mikempk67 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3903916#Comment_3903916

    If Ghoul is in Enraged Mode and a survivor drops a pallet or vaults a window, injured or not, The Ghoul can use the kagune tendrils to hit the survivor on the other side, which pulls you towards them, gives them hindered to slow them down, and makes you vault the obstacle faster than just pulling yourself towards the obstacle normally or vaulting normally.

    It usually guarantees the m1 hit if there isn't another tile really close by. You have to be in Enraged mode, and the kagune tendrils have to hit the survivor on the other side of the pallet or window/vault to get the increased vaulting speed from the kagune tendrils.

    Basically like Wesker's virulent bound vaulting, but you have to aim at the survivor on the other side of vaults/windows, and dropped pallets with the kagune tendril's cross hair, and then pull yourself towards them by hitting them, instead of just virulent bound rushing at the dropped pallet, or window like Wesker does.

    This killer is an easy A tier for sure, and I'm starting to think this killer might be closer to S tier than I originally thought they were.

    The more I play as Ghoul and against them, the more I'm sure they're definitely getting nerfed, but how bad? Only time will tell.

    This works depending on the tile. If the tile is short, the survivor can just get around to the other side of the loop and reset. On other cases, there will be a window close by which should also allow them to reset the loop. Also, as you said, if there is another loop close by, they can just chain them together, which also makes his power useless in chase. This leaves only a few selection of loops that he can actually use his power in. In that sense, it is similar to Pig, where her dash attack can be used in 2 or 3 specific tiles in specific maps, but it isn't consistent which makes her a M1 killer 90% of the time.

    I do feel like he will get nerfed, only because, as I said, he is a noob stomper, and BHVR tends to nerf noob stompers way harder than killers that are actually strong.

  • @MoZo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3904031#Comment_3904031

    don’t be shy, share! (I’m having a rough time versing Ghoul and need all the help and tips I can get lol)

    Resi is a lot better than finesse against the ghoul. The amount of missed attacks im getting is really nice and makes some pallet with checkspots really safe. Also makes it most of the time pointless for him to vault over a pallet bc he will not get the hit.

    And you can do faster gens if the ghoul is proxy-camping and only injuring everyone. Also nice to use it with a 99% heal (medkit), so the ghoul doesnt use his power and you then heal in his face.

    I also play with object of obsession but thats just do get the chase bc its funny to loop him.

  • @HeroLives said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3904074#Comment_3904074

    open handed helps bond. You can replace for empathy but that’s only for injured survivors. Use situational awareness and hud to help put pieces together. The perks won’t play the game for you, but they help. I’ve noticed people running kindred help a lot too. Make sure you’re paying attention to not 3 genning yourselves. Best of luck out there!

    But I am still missing the correlation with this and finesse

  • It clearly does. What else do you want to do to his kit? They already said they don't want to make his M2 free injury a skillshot, for some reason.

  • Feels like Legion on steroids. Getting someone injured is even more free than with Legion or plague (Im honestly suprised that BHVR made this possible) without any downside for the second part of the chase. Whereas Legion and Plague have to catch up and chase you down as a normal m1 (if you dont give plague corrupt purge or let legion get the 4th hit) the Ghoul can catch up in seconds and block your only availible tile. I would have less of a problem with this, if the cooldown after using the leap to catch up would be bigger to allow the survivor to get LITERALLY ANYWHERE. As this is not the case though, it feels like there is not much you can do if your in chase with him / her other than to hope they make a mistake. I thought we wanted to go away from Nurse-type killers… I might be missing something, but thats my experience from 6-7ish games I played yesterday. If anyone wants to share their experience and had a better time, feel free to enlighten me / us.

    Definitely high A - bottom S right now.

  • @Nun_So_Vile said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3903770#Comment_3903770

    Had one of my mates saying this exact same thing, though I cannot confirm if its ping either or just a feature

    Im gonna take a screenshot every single time and stick them to my pin wall. I WILL find the culprit!

  • @upsideinsanity said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3904097#Comment_3904097

    But I am still missing the correlation with this and finesse

    My bad sorry I mispoke in a previous comment, I’m sleepy. I was using finesse with exhaustion to take windows, insert bond and open handed and it just worked. Idk really what to tell you other than I was pre-running. A faster window is a faster window. Also can be used to take a pallet or window to get between the killer and who they’re chasing for a body block if you can stick the landing and timing. I hope that clarifies some things. Again I’m sleepy. There’s more ways to use finesse than just trying to beat the ghoul at the window in a chase when you’re the one in chase.

    I’m not saying I’m a god and never get hit. I’m just saying I’m trying things and sometimes they’re working. I didn’t have access to the ptb since I’m PlayStation, so like I’m just information sharing what perks are helping since I’m seeing the word nerf thrown around, situations and perk stringing varies on what you’re trying to do. I’m trying to get my team to the exit gates. I don’t even know what happens when you push abandon, because yeah I figured out how to do it with finesse instead. Lara been Croft, plates say chun- li , drop the Benz off.

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    Feels like Legion on steroids. Getting someone injured is even more free than with Legion or plague (Im honestly suprised that BHVR made this possible) without any downside for the second part of the chase. Whereas Legion and Plague have to catch up and chase you down as a normal m1 (if you dont give plague corrupt purge or let legion get the 4th hit) the Ghoul can catch up in seconds and block your only availible tile. I would have less of a problem with this, if the cooldown after using the leap to catch up would be bigger to allow the survivor to get LITERALLY ANYWHERE. As this is not the case though, it feels like there is not much you can do if your in chase with him / her other than to hope they make a mistake. I thought we wanted to go away from Nurse-type killers… I might be missing something, but thats my experience from 6-7ish games I played yesterday. If anyone wants to share their experience and had a better time, feel free to enlighten me / us.

    Definitely high A - bottom S right now.

    Yup its just a step down from nurse as he cant go through walls/levels but I have played it and slingshotting yourself infront of the person before they can even get away after the first free hit is…. just like nurse.

    3 dashes almost permanently…. with 115 speed… with almost no cd on his dash…. a free first hit unless you are braindead…

    All this stuff was brought up in the PTB so I am not sure why it made it to live in this state. (get people to buy something broken maybe idk…)

    Not only the 3 charges up perma thing being silly, but I have no idea why each charge doesnt have its own CD. Instead you use 2-3 dashes, wait for a global cd and you have all 3 back.

  • @ChuckingWong said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3904152#Comment_3904152

    Yup its just a step down from nurse as he cant go through walls/levels but I have played it and slingshotting yourself infront of the person before they can even get away after the first free hit is…. just like nurse.

    3 dashes almost permanently…. with 115 speed… with almost no cd on his dash…. a free first hit unless you are braindead…

    All this stuff was brought up in the PTB so I am not sure why it made it to live in this state. (get people to buy something broken maybe idk…)

    I can already tell its one of THESE updates.
    its awful too, because I really dont like them releasing a new killer, just for them to get nerfed a few weeks later.

    Im willing to test out more counterplay and give it some time. Maybe we are all missing something big. But the hitting through walls - shenanigans are something I cant defend by any means.

  • Yea the jank on his skill hitting places it shouldnt was another thing that saw no work on it. I have no idea why you are getting hits over pallets/through walls. Had someone get hit through a level actually on midwhich not sure what the heck is going on.

  • @ChuckingWong said:

    Yea the jank on his skill hitting places it shouldnt was another thing that saw no work on it. I have no idea why you are getting hits over pallets/through walls. Had someone get hit through a level actually on midwhich not sure what the heck is going on.

    We should make a post just with screenshots of this happening. xD

  • @dayflare said:

    Just wait until Behaviour nerfs the killer. Lots of people are complaining about it being unbalanced. And frankly, it is very unbalanced.

    It has been less than a day.

  • @ChuckingWong said:

    Yea the jank on his skill hitting places it shouldnt was another thing that saw no work on it. I have no idea why you are getting hits over pallets/through walls. Had someone get hit through a level actually on midwhich not sure what the heck is going on.

    Because it's intentional. Concessions were made.

    Let me explain:

    The nature of his power necessitates the hit going through if you're around a corner or behind a gen because it has a travel time. It's like how Huntress hits you right before you round a corner, that's still a legitimate hit, it just doesn't have a delay. Because Kaneki's power has a delay, it LOOKS weird, but it needs to be this way because there are only two alternatives:

    1. He just lets you go after he *already lands the hit* on you because it "doesn't look correct"

    2. He vacuums you back around the corner to "make the hit look better" and make you lose more distance in the process.

    In the first scenario, it feels terrible to play, and in the second scenario, it feels *even worse* to play against than the average player currently perceives it to be.

    The hit is perfectly fine as-is in my opinion. There were concessions that had to be made in terms of "feel" because Kaneki doesn't damage you immediately (again, like with my Huntress example.) He hits you around the corner because he locked onto you BEFORE you rounded the corner.

    It is 100% working as intended.

    However, I would certainly be down with reducing the duration of his enrage animation while also reducing the amount of time that the survivor is stationary.

  • @Brimp said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3903957#Comment_3903957

    I have yet to see a ghoul be screwed over by resi and MFT and I've been watching a good one for a while now. What's the MFT gonna do when Kaneki has pre nerf chucky scamper? Or they're just on your back with umbrella decreasing the fatigue by 10%. Or the addons that just reveal survivors auras for free basically.

    Fair enough. The Ghoul might honestly be S tier at this point. They are definitely going to receive the Chucky treatment soon, even though The Ghoul's aren't shorter than a box, they can't down with their power, nor can they have base kit undetectable. This killer is a little busted, but I still just think the game needs more killers that are strong, and don't turn into push overs that get left on the bench imo.

  • Usually I refrain from doing early conclusions for a new Killer, but I have a decent sample size of games from yesterday, because all I faced was The Ghoul. And I would say that he is quite clearly S-Tier and the closest to Nurse a Killer has ever been. And this is bad IMO. Nurse is a design failure which is allowed to exist and comes from old old DBD where a lot of broken stuff was in the game (e.g. original BNPs, actual infinites, you name it). Nurse is the only broken thing from that era which is still there.

    And IMO no Killer should be that close to Nurse like The Ghoul is. I dont know yet what I would want to see nerfed, but him being able to leap in front of you and bodyblock you with a hit shortly after is something which they should change.

    He is also a bit yanky, I hope for improvements on that part. When you get grabbed by him it feels really weird how you stop in place. And often enough he seems to grab the Survivor in front instead of the one in the back, I had multiple instances where I wanted to bodyblock, but he grabbed on the Survivor in front of me.

  • @MoZo said:

    This killer is insane. Guaranteed injury since it’s almost impossible to miss with the power, insane map mobility, and insane at ending chases since you can leap ahead of a survivor or right next to them and cancel your ability mid air so you can get a instant m1 after landing. I would put him around Billy as the 4th best killer in the game currently. He has all the things in his kit to be S tier and has an addon that is legit bbq and chili.

    Funny you mentioned Chucky and now he is one of the worst killers in the game lol

  • @RFSa09 said:

    I think he's at the same level as wraith, the "cancel mid power to insta m1" thing is game breaking and should be fixed

    Depends who you ask. You ask the "comp" community and they will say it's a tech and the other people would say it's an exploit.

  • @Leon_Loves_Cheryl said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3904162#Comment_3904162

    Because it's intentional. Concessions were made.

    Let me explain:

    The nature of his power necessitates the hit going through if you're around a corner or behind a gen because it has a travel time. It's like how Huntress hits you right before you round a corner, that's still a legitimate hit, it just doesn't have a delay. Because Kaneki's power has a delay, it LOOKS weird, but it needs to be this way because there are only two alternatives:

    1. He just lets you go after he *already lands the hit* on you because it "doesn't look correct"

    2. He vacuums you back around the corner to "make the hit look better" and make you lose more distance in the process.

    In the first scenario, it feels terrible to play, and in the second scenario, it feels *even worse* to play against than the average player currently perceives it to be.

    The hit is perfectly fine as-is in my opinion. There were concessions that had to be made in terms of "feel" because Kaneki doesn't damage you immediately (again, like with my Huntress example.) He hits you around the corner because he locked onto you BEFORE you rounded the corner.

    There were indeed concessions that had to be made in terms of "feel" because Kaneki doesn't damage you immediately (again, like with my Huntress example.) He hits you around the corner because he locked onto you BEFORE you rounded the corner.

    It is 100% working as intended.

    However, I would certainly be down with reducing the duration of his enrage animation while also reducing the amount of time that the survivor is stationary.

    With all due respect, this killer is bound to have bugs with their power the way it is. I mean, Wesker still has bugs to this day and how long has he been out? Years by this point.

  • @KatsuhxP said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3903892#Comment_3903892

    Insane exploit is a funny wording considering it was the best playstyle you saw everywhere in the ptb, and they didn't change it. There's no way they don't know that that was and is possible to play like this, and they didn't change it obviously xD

    Because Bhvr is very well known for removing/fixing/changing "new" exploits/bugs/glitches immediately right after they discovered it right? Just like blight's hug tech, oni's 180, skull merchant stationary drones, bubba losing his power for some reason, chucky scamper cancel etc etc…, these certainly took just a few days to change and some are certainly still not in the game

  • Honestly I'm not sure how they're gonna nerf Ghoul without making them unfun to play, cause the speed and mobility make him fun.

    While the canceling of Kagune dashes to get m1 hits (which is too quiet imo) is about one of the only two ways of anti loop he has after he injures a survivor, alongside vaulting obstacles with his Kagune.

    Which depending on the map, doesn't even do much, since the survivor makes it to another tile before you can get the m1. Keyword m1. Faster vaulting speed during Enraged Mode or not.

    Now everyone is calling for nerfs not even a few days after the killers been out. So, Ghoul is probably going to be one of those killers that gets over nerfed every patch until no one wants to play them anymore. Twins is better than this killer by a long shot imo, yet oddly no one really cares to complain about that.

    Like I said before, if there are no strong killers being released, people are only going to stick to the ones that ARE strong.

    Back to Nurse and Blight factory line we go 😢

  • @RFSa09 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3904075#Comment_3904075

    Because Bhvr is very well known for removing/fixing/changing "new" exploits/bugs/glitches immediately right after they discovered it right? Just like blight's hug tech, oni's 180, skull merchant stationary drones, bubba losing his power for some reason, chucky scamper cancel etc etc…, these certainly took just a few days to change and some are certainly still not in the game

    They fixed the one where you could down people with his power, and I imagine the ability to cancel mid slide for easier to fix than this. So they don't let everything stay.

  • Not even close.

  • @MoZo said:

    This killer is insane. Guaranteed injury since it’s almost impossible to miss with the power, insane map mobility, and insane at ending chases since you can leap ahead of a survivor or right next to them and cancel your ability mid air so you can get a instant m1 after landing. I would put him around Billy as the 4th best killer in the game currently. He has all the things in his kit to be S tier and has an addon that is legit bbq and chili.

    Reminds me a lot of legion Ive started watching the anime recently because of him just hope he gets balanced out to peoples likings or counterplay is found

  • Maybe they can make the sound queue louder when he cancels his Kagune Dash for a start. It seems too quiet for how important it is for his kit. Kind of like what they did with Xeno's Tail Strike.

  • Except that's not how any killer has ever functioned, or been effective. You can't just zoom ahead of someone and then get a hit seconds later unless they ran to a literal dead zone. Think about when Hillbilly, Demogorgon, or Wesker zooms ahead of someone. Do they get a hit straight after? No, because it's a crushing miss and cooldown for the killer. Now, Kaneki might have a slightly less burdensome cooldown, but the concept and the player interaction remains the same. Y'all are basically complaining about getting downed by an M1 in chase. Geez, can ANY killer be strong without also being considered overpowered? Because it legit seems like if a killer is anywhere near S tier, people demand that they be nerfed back to C. That's not healthy. You need killer variance, meaning several killers need to be strong and viable. And especially since this is a licensed killer, I doubt you'll be seeing him more than Blight or Nurse at high level. Just wait for things to simmer down, and learn his counterplay.

  • @RFSa09 said:

    I think he's at the same level as wraith, the "cancel mid power to insta m1" thing is game breaking and should be fixed

    So y'all see Wraith as being too much for survivors to handle? Doesn't surprise me. Walking forward and swinging when survivors are close enough is too much. Not like they can run to loops or anything.

  • @jajay119 said:

    IMO his mobility is diabolical, I played two matches against him today and in both of them he just kept going back to the hook and then at the end of the match just kept bounding between both sets of doors so they’d be impossible to open.

    They wouldn't be. If he goes into cooldown on his ability, he has to regular M1 walk to the other door, after his slowdown. Same with when Wesker uses his dashes just to get to 1 door. And if you know how to get the gate meter to the E, you can definitely open it by the time he gets back.

  • @TicTac said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3904035#Comment_3904035

    Resi is a lot better than finesse against the ghoul. The amount of missed attacks im getting is really nice and makes some pallet with checkspots really safe. Also makes it most of the time pointless for him to vault over a pallet bc he will not get the hit.

    And you can do faster gens if the ghoul is proxy-camping and only injuring everyone. Also nice to use it with a 99% heal (medkit), so the ghoul doesnt use his power and you then heal in his face.

    I also play with object of obsession but thats just do get the chase bc its funny to loop him.

    ^ also good if you’re the bravest warrior

  • @MoZo said:

    This killer is insane. Guaranteed injury since it’s almost impossible to miss with the power, insane map mobility, and insane at ending chases since you can leap ahead of a survivor or right next to them and cancel your ability mid air so you can get a instant m1 after landing. I would put him around Billy as the 4th best killer in the game currently. He has all the things in his kit to be S tier and has an addon that is legit bbq and chili.

    Good. The game had been in desperate need for a killer that gives the other top tiers a run for their money

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3903772#Comment_3903772

    So y'all see Wraith as being too much for survivors to handle? Doesn't surprise me. Walking forward and swinging when survivors are close enough is too much. Not like they can run to loops or anything.

    What are you even talking about friend

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3903820#Comment_3903820

    They wouldn't be. If he goes into cooldown on his ability, he has to regular M1 walk to the other door, after his slowdown. Same with when Wesker uses his dashes just to get to 1 door. And if you know how to get the gate meter to the E, you can definitely open it by the time he gets back.

    I literally watched him bounce between two doors for the entire EGC - no cooldown in sight. Or if there was one it was so little it didn’t stop him from doing it long.

  • @danielmaster87 im ngl bro you should just stop with your reply’s and statements on this topic. You clearly haven’t played against Kaneki enough to understand how blatantly overtuned and oppressive he is. All of your messages have hella downvotes because you only have one sided arguments. To reply to your comment about Kaneki canceling mid air, killers like demo, blight, Billy and others have a reasonable miss cooldown and have don’t have their full movement speed during their recovery animation so it makes them balanced. Kaneki gets his full movement speed back almost instantly and has a much shorter recovery than the killers i mentioned above. Not to mention he straight up has an addon that lets him be more effective with this. I went against a Kaneki earlier that leaped right behind me and i was 2 feet away from a window, I vaulted it and his recovery was so fast that I didn’t even have time to finish the vaulting animation before he m1 me. No other killer in the game can recover that quick and get the down. He’s basically like freshly reworked Billy when the cooldown addons stacked in overdrive to make it so easy to get an m1 after missing a saw right next to a survivor

  • Overrated, with weak downing potential. Nurse and Billy eat him for breakfast.

  • What’s above S tier? Skull Merchant? Kaneki is above Skull Merchant.

  • @zac234 said:

    Overrated, with weak downing potential. Nurse and Billy eat him for breakfast.

    I hate to say it, but playing as The Ghoul is like playing killer on the easy difficulty setting with how they are right now.

    He's the easiest S tier killer to play and pick up by far. Nurse and Billy might be better than Ghoul, sure. but who cares when he is in the same league as those two, he's a million times easier to play and learn than those two EVER were, and he's way less punishing than those two are when you're whiffing. It sucks cause he's a fun killer, he just feels so cheap and easy to play as in this current state.

  • I don't think he'll get hammered, but I expect we'll see the obvious nerfs to the hitbox and range of the leap, and they'll be significant (like 50%). And increased cooldown.

    But even after he is adjusted I expect he'll still be a solidly high A-tier killer, which would be just fine.

1 2 ›