Killer behaviour is appalling during events

I see Chaos Shuffle has started and decide to hop on after a week break from DbD. And how do my first two games of the modifier go?

image.png

Get matched against the same slugging Pinhead twice in a row. Like come on. Why are some of y'all SO determined to be as miserable as possible? And for those who'll come in and say they're just using it as a strategy or some other nonsense, no they aren't. Obviously I can't show it here, but their username was a taunt that made it 100% clear they're doing this to annoy everyone.

I'm so done playing survivor during events. Sick and tired of being treated as a prop to be pushed around by disgruntled killers.

Comments

  • @Nocturnum said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3872665#Comment_3872665

    If you're breaking or exploiting things in a game then it's clear it's way more about you and you winning. No reason you just can't play a game as normal, hone your skills, and still win.

    The problem isn't simply wanting to win, it's how you go about it. If I go in with the attitude that only MY experience matters when there's other people involved, it's pretty selfish. At that point I'd just play a single player game or play with bots if I want to not be mindful of others. Put yourself in others' shoes once in a while.

    I agree that exploits are trash but this thread isn't about exploits though, is it.

    And what does "normal" even mean here? That's entirely subjective and really only sounds like "please play the way I want".

    The roles can be reversed here too. So the "selfish" argument hardly tracks here. We are all selfish, including you. You want others to play differently for selfish reasons. It's a video game, if I keep you on the ground for two minutes you can hardly take it personal.

    I really wish I could understand the constant whining and complaining but I just can't.

  • @Nocturnum said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3872425#Comment_3872425

    That's kind of the point? Everyone is here to play, not have their time ruined by being stuck bleeding out for 5 minutes just because a crappy killer wanted a win and was willing to make the game miserable for it.

    It's not about "giving everyone a chance" I want to play the game how it's supposed to be played, using perks, killer power etc. I can still get points by not being a jerk and ruining it for others. I don't need to tunnel to win either.
    Tunnel/slugging can be done without perks. Camping can be done without perks. While for survivors they have to sacrifice their builds to always bring Unbreakable, Decisive etc. or be at the mercy of a crappy killer where they don't get to play. Again, where's the fun in that?

    It's a problem that people can throw the core gameplay out the window, not learn how to play, and still win. It's clear it was never meant to be a thing, people just abuse it for their own means and the devs have needed to do something about it for the past several years.

    Also if you're willing to resort to doing scummy things just to win, you do care more about winning than having fun. You are the sweaty killer.

    Ah there it is the "you're scummy for doing X". No it is not scummy to try and win in a PVP game. I also don't see the problem with "sacrificing your build to run DS and unbreakable"…. Those are very strong perks on their own and still leave you with 2 slots left. You have WAY more build diversity as survivor than you do killer. Also tunneling, slugging, camping etc are ALL core gameplay of DBD according to the devs themselves as they are not reportable options. If they werent you would have anti slug, tunnel and camp perks. Also if you throw core gameplay out the window and still win… is that not a survivor skill issue?

  • @R3b3l54TTV said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3872434#Comment_3872434

    I say all the time i WISH they would create a mode that allows survivors to actually fight back. In real life I'd be picking up the closest thing I could grab to beat a killer with. Like a DBD battle royal would be EPIC.

    Kate has icepicks…

  • @Interrupt_Vector said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3872683#Comment_3872683

    I agree that exploits are trash but this thread isn't about exploits though, is it.

    And what does "normal" even mean here? That's entirely subjective and really only sounds like "please play the way I want".

    The roles can be reversed here too. So the "selfish" argument hardly tracks here. We are all selfish, including you. You want others to play differently for selfish reasons. It's a video game, if I keep you on the ground for two minutes you can hardly take it personal.

    I really wish I could understand the constant whining and complaining but I just can't.

    Tunneling/slugging are exploits. They ignore the core aspects of the game and take no skill to do. Like I said in another reply, tunnel/slugging/camping can be done without perks. While survivors then require perks to counter it or be at the mercy of someone that won't let them play. And by "normal" I was referring to core gameplay elements/mechanics.

    And I'm selfish?? That's funny. Remind me to never play any game with you either. You sound insufferable if you can't even be mindful of a shared activity that involves other people.

  • @Nocturnum said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3872696#Comment_3872696

    Tunneling/slugging are exploits. They ignore the core aspects of the game and take no skill to do. Like I said in another reply, tunnel/slugging/camping can be done without perks. While survivors then require perks to counter it or be at the mercy of someone that won't let them play. And by "normal" I was referring to core gameplay elements/mechanics.

    And I'm selfish?? That's funny. Remind me to never play any game with you either. You sound insufferable if you can't even be mindful of a shared activity that involves other people.

    >Tunneling/slugging are exploits.

    Alright buddy, that's where I stopped reading. Please stop replying to my posts, block me or whatever you need but I'm done with this trolling here. And then you want to insult me on top of that. Can we get a moderator in here?

  • @Brimp said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3872637#Comment_3872637

    Ah there it is the "you're scummy for doing X". No it is not scummy to try and win in a PVP game. I also don't see the problem with "sacrificing your build to run DS and unbreakable"…. Those are very strong perks on their own and still leave you with 2 slots left. You have WAY more build diversity as survivor than you do killer. Also tunneling, slugging, camping etc are ALL core gameplay of DBD according to the devs themselves as they are not reportable options. If they werent you would have anti slug, tunnel and camp perks. Also if you throw core gameplay out the window and still win… is that not a survivor skill issue?

    I never said it was scummy to want to win a game. I said that exploiting/breaking the game is scummy. And it shows you're willing to do anything to win, including making the game miserable for others just for your own enjoyment. The type of attitude that makes no one want to play with you.

    "It leaves you with 2 slots left" Do you hear yourself? No one, NO ONE should be forced to have to slap things on just to deal with the possibility of someone tunneling/slugging. That's the whole point of a CUSTOM build.

    Just like I told the other person, put yourself in others shoes once in a while. It'll do you some good.

  • @Brimp said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3872637#Comment_3872637

    Ah there it is the "you're scummy for doing X". No it is not scummy to try and win in a PVP game. I also don't see the problem with "sacrificing your build to run DS and unbreakable"…. Those are very strong perks on their own and still leave you with 2 slots left. You have WAY more build diversity as survivor than you do killer. Also tunneling, slugging, camping etc are ALL core gameplay of DBD according to the devs themselves as they are not reportable options. If they werent you would have anti slug, tunnel and camp perks. Also if you throw core gameplay out the window and still win… is that not a survivor skill issue?

    Tunnelling, slugging, and camping are reasons why a lot of people don't want to play survivor. With the exception of slugging, those are all low-skill strategies that pay off most of the time and make the game feel pointless for the players being targeted. Slugging a whole team is generally not viable against talented players except with high mobility killers, hence the exception there. But even then, slugging for 4k falls into that category of low-skill strategies that pay off well.

    We see these things complained about a lot while not seeing similar complaints about survivor behaviors as much because survivors need a somewhat reasonable skill level to even try to bully the killer. And even then, bully squads tend to lose matches since they don't do enough gens.

    That's the issue here though: there are things that both sides can do to try to make their opponent unable to play the game as they should expect to play. The killer just has a very easy time doing it unless they pick the wrong target to tunnel. And I fully understand the challenges faced too; if my first chase goes poorly, I might struggle pretty hard in the rest of the match. But that's because of my performance vs the survivor when we're both playing the game as we expect to do. If I then proceed to tunnel someone out because I can't win otherwise, that's just me saying "me winning is more important than you getting to play the game."

  • @Nocturnum said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3872697#Comment_3872697

    I never said it was scummy to want to win a game. I said that exploiting/breaking the game is scummy. And it shows you're willing to do anything to win, including making the game miserable for others just for your own enjoyment. The type of attitude that makes no one want to play with you.

    "It leaves you with 2 slots left" Do you hear yourself? No one, NO ONE should be forced to have to slap things on just to deal with the possibility of someone tunneling/slugging. That's the whole point of a CUSTOM build.

    Just like I told the other person, put yourself in others shoes once in a while. It'll do you some good.

    Its not exploiting or breaking the game to win in ways you don't agree with. Also what you said is literally calling it scummy to win the game in a way you don't agree with. Also apply that perk logic to killers… If I don't want the game to end in 5 minutes I basically require slowdown on a majority of the case.

  • DBD is a pvp game. Demanding your opponent not try their hardest to win is absurd.

  • @smurf said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3872697#Comment_3872697

    Tunnelling, slugging, and camping are reasons why a lot of people don't want to play survivor. With the exception of slugging, those are all low-skill strategies that pay off most of the time and make the game feel pointless for the players being targeted. Slugging a whole team is generally not viable against talented players except with high mobility killers, hence the exception there. But even then, slugging for 4k falls into that category of low-skill strategies that pay off well.

    We see these things complained about a lot while not seeing similar complaints about survivor behaviors as much because survivors need a somewhat reasonable skill level to even try to bully the killer. And even then, bully squads tend to lose matches since they don't do enough gens.

    That's the issue here though: there are things that both sides can do to try to make their opponent unable to play the game as they should expect to play. The killer just has a very easy time doing it unless they pick the wrong target to tunnel. And I fully understand the challenges faced too; if my first chase goes poorly, I might struggle pretty hard in the rest of the match. But that's because of my performance vs the survivor when we're both playing the game as we expect to do. If I then proceed to tunnel someone out because I can't win otherwise, that's just me saying "me winning is more important than you getting to play the game."

    "Slugging is generally not viable against talented players except with high mobility killers" Well yes. Yes not for the reasons you think. Talented players will win regardless because lower tiers are that for a reason, they are weaker. Also you call slugging and tunneling low skill strategies when survivors can have a build to have 4 health states off hook. All of those require nothing to earn them so is that also low skill? Most of the time tunneling and slugging working is a matter of survivors allowing it to work.

  • @H2H said:

    DBD is a pvp game. Demanding your opponent not try their hardest to win is absurd.

    Either these people are hardcore trolling or straight up do not want to play the game. I've heard Civ 5 is a nice game.

  • @Interrupt_Vector said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3872706#Comment_3872706

    >Tunneling/slugging are exploits.

    Alright buddy, that's where I stopped reading. Please stop replying to my posts, block me or whatever you need but I'm done with this trolling here. And then you want to insult me on top of that. Can we get a moderator in here?

    Wow. Okay?
    I guess I'm trolling because I want people to be able to have fun and be more mindful of others in a shared activity?? 😂

  • It's both sides lmao first chaos shuffle game I had a Eyrie offering with 4 flashlights and now I just got a game where I didn't tunnel and camp but got tbagged at the exit gates why is it always "no its only killers survivors can do no wrong" why always make it us vs them?

  • It is nice to see people defending this are only getting like 3-4 upvotes while people saying it's a crap way of playing during a casual event mode are getting 30+ upvotes. Like you guys are the minority and I wish BHVR would do something about it. I'm only doing this event to try and get the charms and banners, then after that I'm done playing it. Sweaty and troll killers just drain the fun from playing this mode.

  • @H2H said:

    DBD is a pvp game. Demanding your opponent not try their hardest to win is absurd.

    So you’d have no problem going up against a 4 man SWF who send you to Eyrie and bring 4 BNPs every match you played?

  • @Brimp said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3872721#Comment_3872721

    "Slugging is generally not viable against talented players except with high mobility killers" Well yes. Yes not for the reasons you think. Talented players will win regardless because lower tiers are that for a reason, they are weaker. Also you call slugging and tunneling low skill strategies when survivors can have a build to have 4 health states off hook. All of those require nothing to earn them so is that also low skill? Most of the time tunneling and slugging working is a matter of survivors allowing it to work.

    Tunneling only wins the match for the killer when you target the right survivor. But it's extremely rare for a survivor to be able to last an entire match when a killer is tunneling them; it's practically a guaranteed kill. The reason it's a low-skill strategy is that tunneling to enable a win (e.g. a 3k or 4k) requires picking a survivor who's done poorly in chase and then eliminating them, generally straight off of the unhook when they haven't been healed and the killer knows almost exactly where to find them. They do not get to play the game anymore once that happens, and instead only get to be chased from a weakened state and then get forcibly eliminated without being able to participate in normal gameplay.

    As far as survivors having four health states, that's generally not true. I guess you mean something like running DH and DS? But DH can be played around by the killer and takes some skill to time well or play by the survivor. DS doesn't take much skill, no argument there. But those are perks. Tunneling, camping, and slugging for 4k are all basekit for every killer. Also, people running DS and DH together won't make the killer unable to participate in the game. For a talented survivor, DS can extend the chase for a while as long as they can get to a new good loop in time, but the killer still gets to chase survivors and defend gens. There's a balance issue if DS is extending chase too long too often, and if that's the case, it should be addressed. But unlike with DS, tunneling and camping are basekit abilities for every killer that prevent the targeted survivor from doing anything other than getting chased and eliminated.

  • @CruelLimits1982 said:

    It's both sides lmao first chaos shuffle game I had a Eyrie offering with 4 flashlights and now I just got a game where I didn't tunnel and camp but got tbagged at the exit gates why is it always "no its only killers survivors can do no wrong" why always make it us vs them?

     "no its only killers survivors can do no wrong" 

    Because I’m legitimately not seeing this behaviour from survivors at a scale worth mentioning. If you are then I’m sorry for you and you’re welcome to make your own thread about it but that’s not what I’m encountering 🤷‍♂️

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3872743#Comment_3872743

     "no its only killers survivors can do no wrong" 

    Because I’m legitimately not seeing this behaviour from survivors at a scale worth mentioning. If you are then I’m sorry for you and you’re welcome to make your own thread about it but that’s not what I’m encountering 🤷‍♂️

    You legitimately don't see this behaviour from survivors at a scale worth mentioning? We must be playing different games my last 2 straight games have had survivors bming but sure

  • @Nocturnum said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3872715#Comment_3872715

    Wow. Okay?
    I guess I'm trolling because I want people to be able to have fun and be more mindful of others in a shared activity?? 😂

    You just straight up tell lies and make stuff up as you go.

    I have yet to see you make a point beyond "Please play the way I want it". When will you start playing the way I want it?

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3872735#Comment_3872735

    So you’d have no problem going up against a 4 man SWF who send you to Eyrie and bring 4 BNPs every match you played?

    Absolutely not. Gonna wipe the floor with them and then do it again.

    In fact I would prefer it to the absolute snoozefest that regular MMR is. I 4k on perkless/addonless huntress while listening to music.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3872735#Comment_3872735

    So you’d have no problem going up against a 4 man SWF who send you to Eyrie and bring 4 BNPs every match you played?

    I’d use a map cancelling offering and bring gen slowdown perks, while switching to a higher tier killer.

    Also I have pretty serious doubts anyone is going against pure slugging builds “every match they played.”

  • @CruelLimits1982 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3872747#Comment_3872747

    You legitimately don't see this behaviour from survivors at a scale worth mentioning? We must be playing different games my last 2 straight games have had survivors bming but sure

    No not at all. Like I said, I’m sorry you’re experiencing that but neither myself nor the group of people I play DbD with encounter this with any regularity.

  • @smurf said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3872737#Comment_3872737

    Tunneling only wins the match for the killer when you target the right survivor. But it's extremely rare for a survivor to be able to last an entire match when a killer is tunneling them; it's practically a guaranteed kill. The reason it's a low-skill strategy is that tunneling to enable a win (e.g. a 3k or 4k) requires picking a survivor who's done poorly in chase and then eliminating them, generally straight off of the unhook when they haven't been healed and the killer knows almost exactly where to find them. They do not get to play the game anymore once that happens, and instead only get to be chased from a weakened state and then get forcibly eliminated without being able to participate in normal gameplay.

    As far as survivors having four health states, that's generally not true. I guess you mean something like running DH and DS? But DH can be played around by the killer and takes some skill to time well or play by the survivor. DS doesn't take much skill, no argument there. But those are perks. Tunneling, camping, and slugging for 4k are all basekit for every killer. Also, people running DS and DH together won't make the killer unable to participate in the game. For a talented survivor, DS can extend the chase for a while as long as they can get to a new good loop in time, but the killer still gets to chase survivors and defend gens. There's a balance issue if DS is extending chase too long too often, and if that's the case, it should be addressed. But unlike with DS, tunneling and camping are basekit abilities for every killer that prevent the targeted survivor from doing anything other than getting chased and eliminated.

    4 health states off hook, first right off hook, 2nd from OTR, 3rd from DS, 4th from DH. Sure it only works once but once is all you need. And a majority of killer powers are very easy to DH and only gets weaker against M1s which should already be a free 2 out at the very least. Like if everyone just does gens the 2 outs are incredibly easy to get against the majority of the roster.

  • @H2H said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3872745#Comment_3872745

    I’d use a map cancelling offering and bring gen slowdown perks, while switching to a higher tier killer.

    Also I have pretty serious doubts anyone is going against pure slugging builds “every match they played.”

    You didn’t answer the question.

  • @R3b3l54TTV said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3872434#Comment_3872434

    I say all the time i WISH they would create a mode that allows survivors to actually fight back. In real life I'd be picking up the closest thing I could grab to beat a killer with. Like a DBD battle royal would be EPIC.

    My friend and I literally talk about this everyday lol. Also it's why I did like evil dead the game till it die out fast fighting with bats and what not was fun.

  • @Brimp said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3872746#Comment_3872746

    4 health states off hook, first right off hook, 2nd from OTR, 3rd from DS, 4th from DH. Sure it only works once but once is all you need. And a majority of killer powers are very easy to DH and only gets weaker against M1s which should already be a free 2 out at the very least. Like if everyone just does gens the 2 outs are incredibly easy to get against the majority of the roster.

    But that won't happen if you don't tunnel. Basekit BT only gets used if you're hard tunneling or they do something dumb. Off the Record is designed to keep people from tunneling and encourage going after other survivors. Also, all of those are perks, meaning that if a survivor brought them, they might only have Bond or Flashbang or sometbing left. These aren't a similar scenario to tunneling or camping or slugging for 4k. They don't keep the killer from chasing survivors. With the exception of DH, they just keep a survivor from getting tunneled, and this all requires using up multiple perk slots to do it.

  • @smurf said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3872754#Comment_3872754

    But that won't happen if you don't tunnel. Basekit BT only gets used if you're hard tunneling or they do something dumb. Off the Record is designed to keep people from tunneling and encourage going after other survivors. Also, all of those are perks, meaning that if a survivor brought them, they might only have Bond or Flashbang or sometbing left. These aren't a similar scenario to tunneling or camping or slugging for 4k. They don't keep the killer from chasing survivors. With the exception of DH, they just keep a survivor from getting tunneled, and this all requires using up multiple perk slots to do it.

    Yeah but for survivors the best thing is the killer not tunneling. Going for other survivors with no hook stats is just inefficient unless they just hand them to you.

  • This game is garbage, and the developers only care about killers. I honestly don't see much reason to type more or care because the developers don't care about their own game so why should I? I only hop on for events and tomes, the game is not worth playing otherwise.

  • @Brimp said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3872768#Comment_3872768

    Yeah but for survivors the best thing is the killer not tunneling. Going for other survivors with no hook stats is just inefficient unless they just hand them to you.

    Of course it is. If you tunnel someone out early the rest of the survivors have essentially no chance to finish all the gens because even if you don't tunnel another survivor, once you hook one more person, they'll have one person on hook, one person going for saves and healing, and another getting chased.

    And that's a basekit ability of every killer. And all it requires is to tunnel out the first person you find who you think won't last long in chase. And when it's done, that player will have been unable to play the game other than to be chased the whole game, most of it in an inured state, and the other players will be unable to do the gens. How is it okay to make someone unable to play the game, and as a result render their entire team unable to win?

  • @smurf said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3872779#Comment_3872779

    Of course it is. If you tunnel someone out early the rest of the survivors have essentially no chance to finish all the gens because even if you don't tunnel another survivor, once you hook one more person, they'll have one person on hook, one person going for saves and healing, and another getting chased.

    And that's a basekit ability of every killer. And all it requires is to tunnel out the first person you find who you think won't last long in chase. And when it's done, that player will have been unable to play the game other than to be chased the whole game, most of it in an inured state, and the other players will be unable to do the gens. How is it okay to make someone unable to play the game, and as a result render their entire team unable to win?

    Again straight up lies and made up stories.

    >If you tunnel someone out early the rest of the survivors have essentially no chance to finish all the gens

    Are you strictly talking about yourself here? I do not understand. The amount of games I won while at 3 or 2 survivors left is not neglect-able, and those games are often even more entertaining than anything else.

    Watch him come out with the "low mmr" argument.

    @Shirtless_Myers said:

    This game is garbage, and the developers only care about killers. I honestly don't see much reason to type more or care because the developers don't care about their own game so why should I? I only hop on for events and tomes, the game is not worth playing otherwise.

    Why are you making this stuff up. What's with this community and making up stories?

  • @Interrupt_Vector said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3872786#Comment_3872786

    Again straight up lies and made up stories.

    >If you tunnel someone out early the rest of the survivors have essentially no chance to finish all the gens

    Are you strictly talking about yourself here? I do not understand. The amount of games I won while at 3 or 2 survivors left is not neglect-able, and those games are often even more entertaining than anything else.

    Watch him come out with the "low mmr" argument.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3872784#Comment_3872784

    Why are you making this stuff up. What's with this community and making up stories?

    Making up stories? If you look at any stats, Dead by Daylight is a one-sided game. You'll win almost every game you play if you're any good at killer. The game is awful and only worth touching when there's an event or tome because it's a terrible game at its core. The game was far healthier around 2021-2022 for solo queue.

  • @LockerLurk said:

    Here's the issue… this isn't just bad Killer Behavior.

    It's bad Survivor Behavior too.

    Both sides are being absolute ######### to each other, they do every event, and it's always at the start of it because that's when the event lurkers return. It ruins events for everyone and forces everyone to play sweatier, yet BHVR insists on doing these at the start of the season and not just doing it after rank re-sweat is over… why? I do not know. I genuinely don't know.

    But Entity help me I am tired of slugging, tunnelling, four gen perks, and genrush toolboxes with SWF-sided map offerings every. Single. Match at the start of events.

    Survivors no longer have “Gen rush” tool boxes and they can’t choose their perks in Chaos Shuffle. The perks I’ve gotten as survivor in this game mode have been largely awful and as for Gen perks, the only ones I’ve seen personally are Corrective Action and Technician.

  • I feel like this is a flase flag situation. Looking at the screenshots it looks like this was done in a custom game. This is not as easy as it looks to acomplish and if it DOES happen then that means yall messed up and were all at the same place.

  • @Shirtless_Myers said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3872793#Comment_3872793

    Making up stories? If you look at any stats, Dead by Daylight is a one-sided game. You'll win almost every game you play if you're any good at killer. The game is awful and only worth touching when there's an event or tome because it's a terrible game at its core. The game was far healthier around 2021-2022 for solo queue.

    I don't think the game is terrible at it's core. The coding is just a mess and probably irredeemable at this point but the base game is neat and unique. I enjoy playing both sides and I have done so for years now. But the story that BHVR only cares about Killers is plain made up.

  • Do y'all ever think it's not just a case of confirmation bias? That a few exceptionally bad experiences has brought you to think "Killer always play evil in events. They simply get on to make survivors suffer."? This is ridiculous to see, every time.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    Do y'all ever think it's not just a case of confirmation bias? That a few exceptionally bad experiences has brought you to think "Killer always play evil in events. They simply get on to make survivors suffer."? This is ridiculous to see, every time.

    This. With a heavy dose of content creator brainwashing and echo chamber CJ.

  • @Chaogod said:

    I feel like this is a flase flag situation. Looking at the screenshots it looks like this was done in a custom game. This is not as easy as it looks to acomplish and if it DOES happen then that means yall messed up and were all at the same place.

    What about the screenshots would possibly give you that impression?

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    Do y'all ever think it's not just a case of confirmation bias? That a few exceptionally bad experiences has brought you to think "Killer always play evil in events. They simply get on to make survivors suffer."? This is ridiculous to see, every time.

    Wouldn’t call it confirmation bias when it was all 3/3 survivor games I played that day. And judging by how many people are sharing similar experiences, I don’t think it’s that either.

  • @jayoshi said:

    It is nice to see people defending this are only getting like 3-4 upvotes while people saying it's a crap way of playing during a casual event mode are getting 30+ upvotes. Like you guys are the minority and I wish BHVR would do something about it. I'm only doing this event to try and get the charms and banners, then after that I'm done playing it. Sweaty and troll killers just drain the fun from playing this mode.

    Ad populum fallacy.

  • @smurf said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3872779#Comment_3872779

    Of course it is. If you tunnel someone out early the rest of the survivors have essentially no chance to finish all the gens because even if you don't tunnel another survivor, once you hook one more person, they'll have one person on hook, one person going for saves and healing, and another getting chased.

    And that's a basekit ability of every killer. And all it requires is to tunnel out the first person you find who you think won't last long in chase. And when it's done, that player will have been unable to play the game other than to be chased the whole game, most of it in an inured state, and the other players will be unable to do the gens. How is it okay to make someone unable to play the game, and as a result render their entire team unable to win?

    By the time you tunnel out a survivor 1-2 gens should be remaining. The first chase is always the easiest for survivor so they can basically run the entire map/main building to waste a boat load of time. And if you don't like that in an Asymm, a game built to be unfair, you can have games where you don't get to play much then an Asymm isn't for you. You're playing the simulation of being in a horror scenario and people do die fast.

  • @Shirtless_Myers said:

    This game is garbage, and the developers only care about killers. I honestly don't see much reason to type more or care because the developers don't care about their own game so why should I? I only hop on for events and tomes, the game is not worth playing otherwise.

    How do they only care about killers? Have you played as the role and gone against good survivors? You can't even do anything against them. Your problem is with mismatches, thus the MMR system.

  • @Brimp said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3872786#Comment_3872786

    By the time you tunnel out a survivor 1-2 gens should be remaining. The first chase is always the easiest for survivor so they can basically run the entire map/main building to waste a boat load of time. And if you don't like that in an Asymm, a game built to be unfair, you can have games where you don't get to play much then an Asymm isn't for you. You're playing the simulation of being in a horror scenario and people do die fast.

    So you're saying it's totally alright to make one person unable to play the game in the expected way because that should be expected?

    By that logic, we could justify bully squads because a group of survivors are stronger together and could punish the killer for trying to kill them. Obviously in a horror simulation, four people would work together to fight against the killer, not drop blocks of wood on their head and run circles around a table for a while.

    The problem is that both of those playstyles try to prevent someone from participating in the game in the way they expect to play. We can't justify being rude to someone by saying 'it's an asymmetric game.'

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3872802#Comment_3872802

    What about the screenshots would possibly give you that impression?

    All four players have their names hidden? Really?

  • @smurf said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3872823#Comment_3872823

    So you're saying it's totally alright to make one person unable to play the game in the expected way because that should be expected?

    What's this expected way people keep talking about?

  • @Nocturnum said:

    I feel for you OP, the game has gotten so much worse with killers who dismiss the fact that it's a group activity and don't care the least bit about anyone else's experience. It's appalling selfish behavior.
    Plus if they're so skilled, they shouldn't need to slug in the first place. Just slows down the game and makes everyone miserable.

    Between this and how the devs are treating people after the Junji Ito fiasco, makes me not want to play anymore.

    No, slugging nowadays is an indicator of game knowledge. They know that hooking is laughable, because all the base stuff and perks survivors get, and how killers basically get nothing if not lose momentum for hooking. It's always weird, to see people making killers out to be skilless when they're literally using strategy and smart plays.

    What you're advocating for is the 1 (who's supposed to be the power role, and isn't) to play to lose against the 4. "It's a bad thing if the killer wins" is the narrative.

    Again, just think of all killers have to lose by hooking. There could be DS, OTR, DH, Resurgence, pallet saves, blind saves, body blocks, 4% off hook. It's not worth it. So while there may be killers who slug survivors and take joy in it, others are doing it because it's all they can do. That's not them playing above their skill level, either. You're not supposed to be able to win against good survivors, even if you're really good as killer, because the gens are too quick and/or the chases take too long. You're prioritizing people's feelings over all of this practical stuff.

  • @smurf said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3872823#Comment_3872823

    So you're saying it's totally alright to make one person unable to play the game in the expected way because that should be expected?

    By that logic, we could justify bully squads because a group of survivors are stronger together and could punish the killer for trying to kill them. Obviously in a horror simulation, four people would work together to fight against the killer, not drop blocks of wood on their head and run circles around a table for a while.

    The problem is that both of those playstyles try to prevent someone from participating in the game in the way they expect to play. We can't justify being rude to someone by saying 'it's an asymmetric game.'

    Once again it's a pvp game. I don't have to be nice to you if my objective is to kill.

  • They didn’t have their names hidden. I enabled the option to hide player names on my screen before I screenshotted because it’s against the rules to name players if you’re sharing anything that could depict them in a negative light.

    You can find the option under the online tab in the in-game settings 👍

  • @Interrupt_Vector said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3872786#Comment_3872786

    Again straight up lies and made up stories.

    >If you tunnel someone out early the rest of the survivors have essentially no chance to finish all the gens

    Are you strictly talking about yourself here? I do not understand. The amount of games I won while at 3 or 2 survivors left is not neglect-able, and those games are often even more entertaining than anything else.

    Watch him come out with the "low mmr" argument.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3872784#Comment_3872784

    Why are you making this stuff up. What's with this community and making up stories?

    You might notice that I said of you tunnel someone out early. Early doesn't mean that two gens are left.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3872231#Comment_3872231

    No, slugging nowadays is an indicator of game knowledge. They know that hooking is laughable, because all the base stuff and perks survivors get, and how killers basically get nothing if not lose momentum for hooking. It's always weird, to see people making killers out to be skilless when they're literally using strategy and smart plays.

    What you're advocating for is the 1 (who's supposed to be the power role, and isn't) to play to lose against the 4. "It's a bad thing if the killer wins" is the narrative.

    Again, just think of all killers have to lose by hooking. There could be DS, OTR, DH, Resurgence, pallet saves, blind saves, body blocks, 4% off hook. It's not worth it. So while there may be killers who slug survivors and take joy in it, others are doing it because it's all they can do. That's not them playing above their skill level, either. You're not supposed to be able to win against good survivors, even if you're really good as killer, because the gens are too quick and/or the chases take too long. You're prioritizing people's feelings over all of this practical stuff.

    It's pretty appalling that most of you are trying to excuse being rude to people with "that's how the game is played"
    Sorry you all don't care about fun and just want to make others miserable to fulfill your win streaks. I mostly play killer, have for years and never had to hijack the game and prevent others from playing just for my own gain. Y'all are sad.

1 2 3 4 5 … 9