Decisive Strike and Noed is getting out of hand
So the two broken things in this game atm Noed and d strike aren’t they a pain in the balls atm YES they are!! Like when I pick up a survivor I get punished for doing my objective like just who thought of this? And Noed I get killed just because I’m doing the objective? They both need to be changed ASAP people are leaving this game because of these two broken problems. The devs need to realise this and change them it would make the game a lot better. So here’s a few ways on how I would change both of these perks:
Decisive strike
1.Rework decisive strike so that if they succeed the skill check 50% of the wiggle bar will be complete and the killers movement is decreased to 40% for 4 seconds.
Hex: No one escapes Death:
1. If there is a dull totem remaining and once the exit gates are powered all survivors suffer from the exposed effect for 60 seconds after the exposed effect ends the killers movement speed is increased by 4%.
Decisive strike
1.Rework decisive strike so that if they succeed the skill check 50% of the wiggle bar will be complete and the killers movement is decreased to 40% for 4 seconds.
Hex: No one escapes Death:
1. If there is a dull totem remaining and once the exit gates are powered all survivors suffer from the exposed effect for 60 seconds after the exposed effect ends the killers movement speed is increased by 4%.
Comments
Just break the totem.
It’s like a child who is told no candy. They will turn in there brother/sister who has some just to deny them.(wanna say I have no issues with both perks)
I see both sides of the coin here. DS might not be an issue against casual players, but it has potential to really screw you over in a match. NOeD isn't much of a problem if your teammates know to break totems, but if you're playing solo and the killer is applying a good amount of pressure, you can't take all of them out by yourself. If your teammates fail to do any totems, you could be the one getting punished by it.
Idk man honestly I consider noed weak. Like u take that with the plan of Them getting gens done. I run ruin,iron grasp,nurses and discordance/ franklins and normally get at least 3 by 1-3 gens left.
It's incredibly weak against SWF, but against solos, it can be devastating if you're playing a killer that can apply serious pressure, like the Nurse or Billy. If you don't give the survivors time to do anything but gens, it can net you a 4k.
No One Escapes Death:
Progress infuriates you and calls upon the wrath of the Entity. Every time a generator is repaired, gain a 10% haste effect for the next 30 seconds. Upon the completion of the final generator, all pallets remaining in the trial are destroyed.Notice: It's not a Hex
Then do what i do, run small game and cleanse all 5 totems by yourself. Most randoms will focus on gens, do what most randoms wouldnt do and you'll succeed.
Honestly i dont care about the emblem system.
Personally i got 2 main goals:
1 - to not give 4K to the killer
2 - try to save as many teammates as i can
And to survive ofc, but that's my 3rd goal.
It's so satisfying to remove noed before it triggers
1.1 Just break the totem.
1.2 Just keep it stealth after gens are fixed.
2.1 Just dont pick up or dont chase first.
2.2 Just dribble or dont carry long ( there are hooks everywhere)
Ds is not broken
and noed go to destroy totens.
Yes this perks is noob friendly. Especially noed.
Killer do nothing in the whole match and in the end kill all in one hit.
If destroying dull totems gave you a 5% bonus to the Lightbringer category with Hex totems being worth doubt the points then we might have something here!
Perhaps they can buff NOED with this change?
I think survivors should aim for the greater good, no matter if they get rewarded or not. At least that's what i do.
I don't need/want any emblem to tell me i did well, i just wanna see my teammates escaping.
that's because it didn't used to be tied to a totem it used to be even more broken..you just got it and it had zero counter.
both ds and noed need removed or changed
edit-apparently I have no idea how to quote.
Both are fine. Ds gives you what an extra 10 seconds vs decent killers. If its a really big deal use enduring to mitigate some of the stun timer
Noed is countered by killing totems.If you feel like they have it kill the totems. Whats hard about this concept.
Both perks are situational tbh, and can be huge or not.
As for people leaving the game because of these 2 perks? Lmfao NAH
Just because you see one perk more than another, it doesn't mean it's completely broken. Survivors take SC more often, so they don't have to rely on their teammates or chest rng, when it comes to healing. But I rarely see survivors healing themselfs, since the healing changes. Only if necessary, because it takes quite long.
DS on the other hand is more broken, considering how much it can lengthen a chase, which is much more devastating for a killer.
Your rework would make NOED completely broken. 10% speed increase is a big difference. If your teammates don't break totems, you can also use Dark Sense and hide.
Just following that logic.
Ah ok my bad.
Edit: You know the 10% haste effect only last for 30 seconds, right?
Playing in any way except perkless, itemless, and add-onless is a crutch.
Yes, I get that. An increase of 10% to the Killer's base movement speed is slightly higher than Bloodlust II.
@Orion, I'm not actually saying a map is crutch. When I said that it is crutch for me, I'm actually just stressing the point on how good this item is to find totems silly head.
"Yes, I get that. An increase of 10% to the Killer's base movement speed is slightly higher than Bloodlust II."
My version of NOED makes the killer strong as generators are completed and believe me, I know how strong a 10% haste effect is. That's why it only affects you for a duration of 30 seconds and those 30 seconds of haste might not be made useful.
D-Strike: Dribble. Bring Unnerving Presence. Bring Enduring. Heck, even the random swing when the skill check pops up still works sometimes.
NOED: Cleanse all totems.
Both perks are annoying, but honestly they're fine.
The only change I might like to see with D-Strike is only allowing one per game. If another person has it but is not chosen as the obsession, oh well. You're down a perk. Part of the gamble of bringing it, just like gambling when you bring NOED.
Nope. It takes super long to selfcare without items, I don't see a problem with this perk.
Also NOED is fine and doesn't need to be changed imho. DS however needs a rework.
OP based the problem of the 2 perks on their popularity. There is no other perk around that is as popular as SC.
or you can deal with it like all of us, because those 2 perks are fine, and I play killer often enough to know the pain
Both have been on the game for a long time, and people keep playing this game, so there is no problem i guess.
Where did you read that?
What about unhook invulnerability and BT? Why do I get punished for doing my objective?
Regarding the rework, is that the obsession version of DS? What about the non-obsession one? Right now the idea is weaker than the obsession DS; but significantly stronger than the non-obsession DS-
DS is not a problem when it's used by an average player. But in the hands of a very good survivor, DS is super unbalanced. And here is the thing with balance: A game has to be balanced around its best players, not around the average players.
And I agree, the divide between Solo and SWF is a big problem. But that doesn't mean that the current state of DS is not a problem.
The Title?
I don't see SC every match as killer and on my fellow survivors I see Bond more along with DH/AD combos. But as a solo I run it since i don't know if I'm paired with depip squad skilled players or a bunch of Idaho potato farmers.
The question is more complex than that, I fear. In theory, the game should be balanced around the best players, who make optimal use of its mechanics. However, if due to this balance, new players find themselves always losing, then they abandon the game instead of becoming attached and the developers lose future revenue (DLC, cosmetics...) and suffer negative word of mouth. On the other hand, if the killer is as good as the survivor, how long will he be able to catch him again after 5 seconds of stunning? Are we really sure that Decisive Strike steals an unsustainable amount of time from the killer?
The title is "DS and NOED is getting out of hand". That does not equal to "if fewer people played DS and NOED, these perks would be balanced".
But let's not get lost about a choice of words and instead focus back on if NOED and DS should be reworked.
How do you even get D striked, just juggle them. Or run Iron grasp ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) .
Yeah me too, I see more instaheals then DS as Spirit and I see Ruin/BBQ more then NOED.
Hey, nothing against idaho potato farmers
I still see between 2 and 4 SC per match. Maybe it´s a region thing.
I would be totally ok with DS losing its auto escape and instead having a temp stun. While increasing its possible uses. (testing required)
IF (only if) Iron Grip gets back to its old status.
I would also buff Boil Over to actually make wiggling out faster.