Decisive Strike and Noed is getting out of hand
So the two broken things in this game atm Noed and d strike aren’t they a pain in the balls atm YES they are!! Like when I pick up a survivor I get punished for doing my objective like just who thought of this? And Noed I get killed just because I’m doing the objective? They both need to be changed ASAP people are leaving this game because of these two broken problems. The devs need to realise this and change them it would make the game a lot better. So here’s a few ways on how I would change both of these perks:
Decisive strike
1.Rework decisive strike so that if they succeed the skill check 50% of the wiggle bar will be complete and the killers movement is decreased to 40% for 4 seconds.
Hex: No one escapes Death:
1. If there is a dull totem remaining and once the exit gates are powered all survivors suffer from the exposed effect for 60 seconds after the exposed effect ends the killers movement speed is increased by 4%.
Decisive strike
1.Rework decisive strike so that if they succeed the skill check 50% of the wiggle bar will be complete and the killers movement is decreased to 40% for 4 seconds.
Hex: No one escapes Death:
1. If there is a dull totem remaining and once the exit gates are powered all survivors suffer from the exposed effect for 60 seconds after the exposed effect ends the killers movement speed is increased by 4%.
Comments
NOED is fine, because you can counter it without perk.
And you can use a perk to counter it.
DS is OP, because you cant counter it without perk.
And you cant use a perk to counter it.
You can only dribble and reduce the stun time a little bit.
And dribble is situational.
SWF teams can counter NOED: solo players can only hope other people cleansed all the totems they saw. Dribbling is not less nor more situational than many other mechanics. On the other hand, if the killer is as good as the survivor, how long will he be able to catch him again after 5 seconds of stunning? Are we really sure that Decisive Strike steals an unsustainable amount of time from the killer?
The 1st yes but perhaps you have to do SAFE UNHOOKS to get more uses but each usage gets reduced in effectiveness. So if it's a 6 seconds stun (not an actual number placeholder only) then the next time it's 5 seconds and so on.
What was Iron Grip's old Status and how would affect say non DS users?
Yes I've always thought that perk is worthless unless you're on a map tile where it's useful.
Yes. If a good surv is close enough to the next pallet or window, then the chase starts anew and one more gen can get done. There are some parts of maps where you can't do anything about getting looped as long as the surv doesn't make any mistakes.
If it's an average player with DS, then the DS is not a big problem.
Currently, there is no killer equivalent to DS.
Equivalent would be: hit a skill check to instantly replace a survivor in the hook after he escapes.
Well with the map changes ie reduced pallets and window/vaulting locations, smaller map size like swamp tile, hooks having a minimum amount plus spacing. I don't think it needs to go back to that extreme especially if it's a simple stun.
Perhaps it could have a tighter grasp but only for a DS user and like the reduced effectiveness on additional uses for DS it could have same on same person. But down to a base minimum to where it is now and can't go lower than that.
When i take noed i dont lose anything cause survivors will either do objectives longer or i m going to have insta down. They cant counter it they only choose what they going to deal with . But if i fail ds as survivor it s like i didnt even had any perk at all thus it was countered .
I'd like NoEd to pop up before anybody gets downed with it. So we at least know whether to play extra stealtily. When the gates are powered I'm put off doing rescues because of the THREAT of NoEd.
Maybe it should have an audio notification like the killers get so everyone knows that it is active and which direction it is in.
Not saying it doesn’t have a impact thou, as a wraith main I just don’t use it. And maybe it’s made me better for not needing it. I 70% or so 3k 2 gens left 85% if u count 2k and about 15% I get destroyed. (Noed probably would be good here) I just don’t want to get lazy(and I will) and not push myself. It’s a tendency I have.
With good survivors DS is OP, because it makes the first chases longer - where the killer is most vulnerable, because he needs a hook early. Postponing early hooks can be devastating for killer.
NOED against good survivors is weak, not to mention the killer basically plays with 3 perks until endgame and by then survivors have already probably pipped.
I don't use it either, but I've been on the receiving end, where I'd take out three totems and still end up dying because my teammates didn't do totems.
In all respect are u blaming others for u getting hit
I mean ya u pop last gen or last gen gets done and he’s on u it sucks idk more often then not I just leave ASAP and it’s not a issue.
No, I'm blaming the others for letting the killer gain a massive advantage. Regardless of if it's me getting one hit downed or someone else.
Nope. Break the totem. It's one. You can cleanse them all before it even fires. No use for an all pallets broken function when the gens are done as most of the key pallets are already broken and what aren't won't matter as survivors hide until the gates open. As for a 30 second haste, bleh. Useless unless in a chase and even then redundant with bloodlust. Far too specialized to ever equal exposed when you need it. The perk is named No One Escapes Death. Your rework won't live up to that in any sense of the word. NOED affects one group, albeit the biggest, the gen rushers.
If the exit gates are on i don’t care about a hooked person.. if they have noed I’m out of there I owe no one.
If the exit gates are powered... leave if they have noed. I don’t owe anyone a save.
If you see a Freddy with no ruin. It is common sense that said Freddy is going to have ruin, Now that you have this knowledge present within your mind. You have the secondary objective of finding all the totems and breaking them. It is common sense, everyone knows this. Now, for the other occurrences when it is a killer that is running ruin, it is still the best option to try and break all the totems because you never know. Even with some killer like Myers, still, break the totems. Because a killer with a one shot down already implemented apparently isn't enough for some players.
As far as DS goes? it really isn't that bad, most players that run DS are bad and would go down again as soon as they get off your shoulder, a couple seconds of a stun animation isn't going to kill you.
TLDR: Git Gud
i haven't seen noed used in over 100 games.
it's also COMPLETELY counterable by destorying all 5 totems.
I do see DS in like 1 out of 3 games though, but they are easy enough to deal with.
Some things never change.
On topic, I don't believe that DbD would become lesser of a game with the removal of both perks. Here's the catch though, both needs to go or none at all.