Huge spike of "subtle" cheaters recently

I can't be the only one experiencing this, surely. I'm talking survivors that obviously have their speeds boosted to ~107-110% or who intermittently increase. I hadn't run into any over the past year, but I've seen about 3 this past week that I'm 100% convinced were cheating, and a few more than were very questionable.

Things like this clip:

Watch "vlc-record-2023-10-20-20h46m40s-Dead by Daylight 2023.10.20 - 20.44.04.12.DVR.mp4-" on Streamable.

Where the Ace takes a very wide path around my snare, and STILL manages to make the fast vault on the window while blatantly speeding up inside the shack. There were a lot more questionable plays during this match, like playing extremely unsafe tiles perfectly no matter how many mindgames or how many times I hid my red stain.

Please do something about this BHVR.

Comments

  • Need someone to actually test this without going “UR WRONG IM RIGHT GIT GUD” when asked to repeat the test bc of their mistakes 😭

  • @NODD3RS said:

    Need someone to actually test this without going “UR WRONG IM RIGHT GIT GUD” when asked to repeat the test bc of their mistakes 😭

    Well that's should be BHVR job to test and ban cheaters but...

  • @NODD3RS said:

    Need someone to actually test this without going “UR WRONG IM RIGHT GIT GUD” when asked to repeat the test bc of their mistakes 😭

    It’s way too hard to recreate this exact same scenario with pathing of both players as well as distance, and time of button press (vault/attack) - and then you still have the lag that changes everything

    in the end, it doesn’t change anything about the clip. There is something fishy going on with Ace which doesn’t look (only) caused by lag.

    it would be great if BHVR could actually monitor speeds of the players and determine that way automatically if some kind of cheating is going on. Bc most of the time, this subtle cheating is executed in a way that the opponent is not able to directly see it happening..

  • @Shroompy said:

    To all saying my tests weren't accurate enough, upon rewatching it just once, I can agree there's quite a few inaccuracies

    Upon looking back at my posts on this thread as well I was just being a douche. Sorry to everyone, but more specifically to @dbdthegame

    We need an official youtube apology addressing all the rumors and allegations🙏🤠

  • This is just a mistimed lunge. If you had waited for him to be animation locked or just lunged a little later he'd have gone down. An actual speed hacker wouldnt let themselves be in that scenario.

  • @Venusa said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3569129#Comment_3569129

    We need an official youtube apology addressing all the rumors and allegations🙏🤠

    "I made a severe and continuous lapse of my judgement..."

  • That looks definitely cheat to me. Especially right before he goes inside shack.

    Don't understand why there are many "your fault" comments when cheaters are the one to be blamed.

    Might have downed Ace if waited a bit longer but it just sucks when you know you encountered cheater.

  • @lav3 said:

    That looks definitely cheat to me. Especially right before he goes inside shack.

    Don't understand why there are many "your fault" comments when cheaters are the one to be blamed.

    Might have downed Ace if waited a bit longer but it just sucks when you know you encountered cheater.

    The guy literally speed up after going around the snare and before entering the shack. It is subtle, but it is there. That so many people is ignoring that fact and some are so determined to prove it isn't the case baffles me.

  • From the two videos it looks sus. Should record the whole match and send it in for the devs to look at. If they say "action has been taken" you will know, and if that happens, let us know.

  • @NewPlayer100102 said:

    I see about 1 suspect player per ten games now. Its very annoying.

    I wasn't playing the killer in the clip below, but I watched from next to the monitor.

    This started late into the match, when the killer was pressuring Mikela, she warped when down, caused a lag spike for a second or two, and then once picked up, literally locked the killer's "W" key.

    Sounds totally unbelievable, but the killer could not carry her forward to the hook, she was finally placed on the hook by strafing, a total of 7 minutes after the clip below started.

    https://youtu.be/HjMFH4Enuas

    "7 minutes is all i can spare to hook you"

  • Yah...

    We have been saying that a lot in the past few hours, different shades of this exploit have been a thing.

  • https://youtu.be/g_QEeyu4gO4

    Whole match was normal until someone got a little bent and suddenly...

    30 seconds of Fat Vito that Wesker can't lift.

    No connection issues at any other time.

  • @NewPlayer100102 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3569608#Comment_3569608

    Yah...

    We have been saying that a lot in the past few hours, different shades of this exploit have been a thing.

    Its not just an exploit.

    I played a game as Pinhead a few days ago and saw a Feng who sabotaged a hook despite carrying a flashlight, and when i looked at the perks at the end screen it was just full meta with no Saboteur... I feel like there are a LOT more subtle cheaters than any of us can know, its just that with the smart ones you need a good eye for detail to see it. The fact that quite a few on this thread deny that this Ace was cheating despite seeing the footage themselves including slow-motion is prove how easily they get away with it.

    This game would benefit so much from a replay system.

  • @GroßusSchmiedus said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3569637#Comment_3569637

    Its not just an exploit.

    I played a game as Pinhead a few days ago and saw a Feng who sabotaged a hook despite carrying a flashlight, and when i looked at the perks at the end screen it was just full meta with no Saboteur... I feel like there are a LOT more subtle cheaters than any of us can know, its just that with the smart ones you need a good eye for detail to see it. The fact that quite a few on this thread deny that this Ace was cheating despite seeing the footage themselves including slow-motion is prove how easily they get away with it.

    This game would benefit so much from a replay system.

    Even if the devs took the time to upgrade the base engine to support a replay system, many people aren't going to dive into their replays just to verify whether or not someone cheated if it wasn't blatantly obvious.

  • does anyone get disconnected when they're winning ?

    2 times today both with legion, I start winning first match> dc, then in this one just after getting a 5th frenzy hit against biggest obnoxious tryhards dc again, apparently everyone else get points but not me .. ?? and all epic games accounts of course

    5644564.PNG


  • @rvzrvzrvz said:

    does anyone get disconnected when they're winning ?

    2 times today both with legion, I start winning first match> dc, then in this one just after getting a 5th frenzy hit against biggest obnoxious tryhards dc again, apparently everyone else get points but not me .. ?? and all epic games accounts of course

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/4LV6VQ6LVQDX/5644564-png.png

    Are you on steam? Tuesday nights around this time is steam maintenance which can kick you out of a game. I've noticed instances of being kicked out of a match usually shows bloodpoints for other players.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3569653#Comment_3569653

    Are you on steam? Tuesday nights around this time is steam maintenance which can kick you out of a game. I've noticed instances of being kicked out of a match usually shows bloodpoints for other players.

    Yes i'm on steam, one game was before maintenance and screenshot was 30 min ago, I was dc like 10 seconds after hitting 5th frenzy hit, it's not a bug with that timing no way

  • @rvzrvzrvz said:

    does anyone get disconnected when they're winning ?

    2 times today both with legion, I start winning first match> dc, then in this one just after getting a 5th frenzy hit against biggest obnoxious tryhards dc again, apparently everyone else get points but not me .. ?? and all epic games accounts of course

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/4LV6VQ6LVQDX/5644564-png.png

    Yah, that DC thing happens , generally when someone's butt hurts a lot, and their is almost never a constant connection issue present.

    But when the whole server gets taken down like that, no one gets points, even if it looks like they did, its just a rage issue on whoever's part.

  • @NewPlayer100102 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3569653#Comment_3569653

    Yah, that DC thing happens , generally when someone's butt hurts a lot, and their is almost never a constant connection issue present.

    But when the whole server gets taken down like that, no one gets points, even if it looks like they did, its just a rage issue on whoever's part.

    Ty I feel better if everyone lose their points, I can't stand cheaters and this game has endless amount it seems, these guys probably playing with wallhacks and still get ######### on, probably fake p100s too

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3569644#Comment_3569644

    Even if the devs took the time to upgrade the base engine to support a replay system, many people aren't going to dive into their replays just to verify whether or not someone cheated if it wasn't blatantly obvious.

    They don't need to upgrade anything. Unreal Engine 4 not only is perfectly capable of having a replay system implemented, it already has it implemented. All you have to do is have a "5º player" acting as a recorder of the match and then implement the already available methods in the engine to get the file and reproduce it in game.

    Overview of the Replay system for recording and playback of gameplay

    There is tutorials in Youtube that had the base implemented in 10 minutes.

  • @rvzrvzrvz said:

    does anyone get disconnected when they're winning ?

    2 times today both with legion, I start winning first match> dc, then in this one just after getting a 5th frenzy hit against biggest obnoxious tryhards dc again, apparently everyone else get points but not me .. ?? and all epic games accounts of course

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/4LV6VQ6LVQDX/5644564-png.png

    "The dedicated server stopped responding" or something like that (mine is in spanish)? Yes. I also had noticed an increase in disconnections that conveniently only happens when I'm winning as killer or when the killer is winning when I play survivor.

    Don't know if it is because the server are really messed up with the event, or another form of hacking.

    @Crowman said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3569653#Comment_3569653

    Are you on steam? Tuesday nights around this time is steam maintenance which can kick you out of a game. I've noticed instances of being kicked out of a match usually shows bloodpoints for other players.

    I'm on Epic, and it has happened to me as well.

  • @Batusalen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3569651#Comment_3569651

    They don't need to upgrade anything. Unreal Engine 4 not only is perfectly capable of having a replay system implemented, it already has it implemented. All you have to do is have a "5º player" acting as a recorder of the match and then implement the already available methods in the engine to get the file and reproduce it in game.

    https://docs.unrealengine.com/4.27/en-US/TestingAndOptimization/ReplaySystem/

    There is tutorials in Youtube that had the base implemented in 10 minutes.

    Just because UE4 has the capability for replay system, doesn't mean DBD is running on a version that supports it.

    Updating an engine even if it's just between different versions of the same edition can be a lot of work to update, because the names of functions can change or their parameters change. The devs have stated that their current engine does not support it, so just posting that it's something UE4 can support doesn't mean the devs are using the right version of UE4 for it.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3569671#Comment_3569671

    Just because UE4 has the capability for replay system, doesn't mean DBD is running on a version that supports it.

    Updating an engine even if it's just between different versions of the same edition can be a lot of work to update, because the names of functions can change or their parameters change. The devs have stated that their current engine does not support it, so just posting that it's something UE4 can support doesn't mean the devs are using the right version of UE4 for it.

    There is not such a big difference in API from a minor version to another to be such a big job changing from "4.20" to "4.27" for example. That would be bad practice from Epic itself. In fact, there should not be any unless they are working with a non-production ready version of the engine.

    So the devs have stated a lie for whatever the real reasons making them not wanting to add a replay mode are, but "because the engine *" is not one of them.

    EDIT - Well, no more room for doubt:

    DbDUEVersion.jpg

    They are in the most updated version of UE4. There is no reason to not do it, or better said, the one they gave is not a valid one.

  • Instant fall recovery, instant pallet drop / vault recovery (to avoid ranged hits into locked animations) are also some other recent common forms of cheating going "under the radar" - except not really.

    I am seriously wondering how many different scripts are going around at this point, and what has caused this spike ...

  • I encountered a cheater with instant flashlight blinds who got two flashlight saves off me. Cut to endgame and all the cheater was holding was the default event flashlight with no addons. Not to mention this cheater didn’t scream even within my TR with Ultimate Weapon active (No Calm Spirit endgame).

  • I had a game against a Feng that would instantly blind me yesterday. I wish I had footage of it but I don't have the habit of recording my games.

    It happened 2 times in a row and I quit. Everytime after I picked up the survivor, meaning I'm not even in pick up animation anymore, I turn around to look at which hook I'm going towards, this Feng would be there and the second her flashlight clicked I would drop anyone that's on my shoulder... Not even a flashlight burning sound or anything just instantly blinded with no room for me to react.

    Then on endgame chat Feng and her friend got really defensive and tried to gaslight me with "Just look down bro." Yeah, I know how to look down. I know how flashlights work. Thank you. You can't even instantly blind a Killer who is locked in an animation but you seem to do it to a Killer who is moving. Okay.

  • Had a speed hacking ghostface with no attack cooldown. could not get him out of cloak.

  • Used Knight's ability to check on further gen, see it being at about 75% due to noise & cylinder position, then just a second after I spawn a guard and exit ability mode it pops. Must be magic.

  • All games I played with easy anti cheat are always full of hackers, it's such a scam software, BHVR should invest in better anti cheat dbd is rotten

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I did not report this because i had doubts, until i watched it again and i realized that i never gained any distance on such a long chase between the window. I dont play killer much, but do i often meet cheaters when i do.

    https://imgur.com/a/UywJEfi

    You had to uncloak, and vault, all AFTER he had already fast vaulted. You weren’t even in chase. Of course you made no distance.

    I can’t take some of these clips serious.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I did not report this because i had doubts, until i watched it again and i realized that i never gained any distance on such a long chase between the window. I dont play killer much, but do i often meet cheaters when i do.

    https://imgur.com/a/UywJEfi

    That loop is like that, its one of a couple around the maps that you really don't want to do that on.

    I can't say that the person didn't cheat in some fashion, but this run on this specific loop looks as normal, in my experience.

    I just don't run that loop. No reason to. Only one gen and its a very survivor sided structure.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3569936#Comment_3569936

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3569944#Comment_3569944

    I made 2 loops, number 2 where i was uncloaked. Wratih have 4.6 m/s run speed, survivors have 4.0 m/s run speed (4,12 with MFT). He was not using any exaustion perks.

    • I should have gained distance on that loop

    You lose a lot of distance vaulting the window. Not to mention he probably has MFT. This is most definitely not cheating.

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3568153#Comment_3568153

    This is just sad at this point

    Have fun with your "cheaters" bud 👍

    I've now watched both videos side by side. It was a nice attempt but the ace in the op's video goes not only further than you do before you turn but also wider than you did.

    edit: just read your follow up post. my bad.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3569988#Comment_3569988

    not that much distance.

    but lets try math, after 7 secs im clear of the first window so 23 secs left.

    Hes speed with MFT would be 4.12 m/s

    My speed would be 4.6 m/s

    4.6 - 4.12 = 0.48

    0.48 x 27 = 12.96m

    So i should have gained almost 13m on that loop, but i dont even see him around the corner, even if we cut it in half to 6.5m because of the other window vault, i should at least be able to see him.

    He was most defo. cheating

    That window at that loop takes a lot of time to catch up. You're pathing isn't that tight either, tbh. Going off just that clip, it's legit.

  • I wonder how long BHVR's embarrassing silence on the cheaters issue will continue

  • The cheating in this game is getting absolutely out of control and the problem is the Devs just don't care.

    Streamers are streaming while using cheats and still have their account.

    And the more they give boost to perks like Background player or have Made For This in game, people can use their subtle speed cheats and claim it was this perk.

    I watched a Jane completely cross Autowreckers map from a gen to a down on the opposite side and get a blind, then claim "Background Player" in end game.

    The Devs either need to get serious about cheaters and crack down hard or they are going to lose more and more of their playerbase.

    Other option would be to remove perks that allow for speed increase (which is unfair to the playerbase that uses them fairly) but the cheaters would be easy to pick out and weed out.

  • @Blinckx said:

    I wonder how long BHVR's embarrassing silence on the cheaters issue will continue

    😄😄😅 Me too

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3570056#Comment_3570056

    Agreed, as for what i understood, they wont get a HWID Ban before the 3rd time they cheat, and with dbd's regular sales, its easy to make 3 accounts and use the 2 strikes you have and then stop cheating after the 2nd account ban. I wish they HWID banned the first time.

    They also not banned anyone during the locker bug exploit as far as I know. At least I didn't get any notification and I reported 6 people.

    BHVR should start having an iron fist with both cheaters and exploiters, or there is no wonder of why they get so confident to keep cheating even when caught.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3569936#Comment_3569936

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3569944#Comment_3569944

    I made 2 loops, number 2 where i was uncloaked. Wratih have 4.6 m/s run speed, survivors have 4.0 m/s run speed (4,12 with MFT). He was not using any exaustion perks.

    • I should have gained distance on that loop

    It just looks normal to me based on my experience with that structure.

    I'd have to go and try it out with someone to know better, and I hate that building.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3570390#Comment_3570390

    According to my math i should have gained 10.41m so if you take away 3 secs for my non tight looping (and i dont even think i loose 3 secs on that) we should substract 1.44m i should still have gained 9m, and i should at least be able to see him before he turns the last corner, the second time we do the loop, but im not gaining any distance at all.

    Sorry for saying so, but that's not cheating, I'm pretty sure. That's just MFT+Gas Heaven. It takes years to catch someone around that loop.

  • Thank you BVHR for what you are doing to block and prevent cheaters, which is absolutely nothing

    My god, in the last days i've seen the the worse possible. Dead hard while in deep wounds, 2 survivors popping 3 gen at the same time across the map, speed hack and so on so.. thanks BHVR for this sane and safe enviroment

  • I wonder what kind of gaming chair that Ace has

  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOMkhSfRwUQ&ab_channel=SkyFaction

    Just a reminder to BHVR that their inaction in tackling this problem is only making it worst. They are not even afraid to cheat multiple times live on stream.

  • Unfortunately the number of cheaters will become more and more over time

  • Another problem is, that players are getting paranoic. Accusing normal players of hacking.

    Had someone report me, because i could find them without tracking perks...

  • @Tsulan said:

    Another problem is, that players are getting paranoic. Accusing normal players of hacking.

    Had someone report me, because i could find them without tracking perks...

    THIS. I get reported actually quite often for simple game knowledge.

    Or even worse, just yesterday a streamer reported me for exploits because I “charged Oni’s strike too fast”. They were devotion 17 so they should know by now…..

  • @Tsulan said:

    Another problem is, that players are getting paranoic. Accusing normal players of hacking.

    Had someone report me, because i could find them without tracking perks...

    I agree with that. There are times when this is definitely the case.

    However, there are certainly cases where players who use hacks/cheats insist that everything was normal. All the recently added things like MFT, Rapid Brutality, Speed ​​serum,... don't contribute positively either, they blur the line even more.

    It would be appropriate to significantly revise the EAC and NOT announce this.

    Would be interesting to see the guilty players (could be a higher number) were then removed from the game and many moan threads would arise on Reddit where exactly these scum would then complain that the system doesn't work and that they were falsely banned fit the stereotype perfectly.

  • @Tsulan said:

    Another problem is, that players are getting paranoic. Accusing normal players of hacking.

    Had someone report me, because i could find them without tracking perks...

    That's me being paranoic i won't deny it and that's ruining my fun and gameplay too.

    But then since no one cares, my reports never got an answer i decided to ignore the problem, if i think someone is cheating i tunnel him the entire game, don't care aanymore if i win or lose, that's all. I'm not wasting time doing video or reports to bhvr anymore they are useless

  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3572706#Comment_3572706

    THIS. I get reported actually quite often for simple game knowledge.

    Or even worse, just yesterday a streamer reported me for exploits because I “charged Oni’s strike too fast”. They were devotion 17 so they should know by now…..

    This is also something that is probably clogging the report queue, which leads to slower reaction on real issues.

1 2 3 4