Professional DBD player from best team in the world gets matched with 87 hour killer.

We all know that MMR is a meme in this game but is it actually THIS bad? It might as well not even exist if it's going to result in matches like this. I've seen the same thing happen to other streamers with 10,000 hours. Do you think there will ever been more transparency about how the MMR system actually works?

https://twitter.com/knightlight1337/status/1689278806689771520?s=53

Comments

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    More like professional on pre dropping pallets and camp/tunnel.

    There's no professional players in dead by daylight. The game is not esports.

    The game has a competitive scene where people win money for playing. I'd say that counts to some degree.

  • @Melinko said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3511503#Comment_3511503

    As someone who played collegiate sports, it still really annoys me when people who sit in a chair and push buttons on a keyboard and mouse or controller are labeled as "sports".

    Should just be called pro video gamers. The e-sport label is a joke.

    Call them whatever you want, idc, I don't support or watch esport gaming.

    Esports might be a joke to you but there's millions of dollars on the table. Also, those games require skill to play unlike dead by daylight.

    Competitive dead by daylight is the actual joke.

  • @ReverseVelocity said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3511503#Comment_3511503

    The game has a competitive scene where people win money for playing. I'd say that counts to some degree.

    Competitive scene by the self proclaimed professional players.

    There's no organisation that funds teams to play dead by daylight. The win money are so little or nothing at all in most tournaments. This is the difference between legit comp and dbd comp.

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3511562#Comment_3511562

    Competitive scene by the self proclaimed professional players.

    There's no organisation that funds teams to play dead by daylight. The win money are so little or nothing at all in most tournaments. This is the difference between legit comp and dbd comp.

    Pretty sure the Community Cups were sponsored

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3511562#Comment_3511562

    Competitive scene by the self proclaimed professional players.

    There's no organisation that funds teams to play dead by daylight. The win money are so little or nothing at all in most tournaments. This is the difference between legit comp and dbd comp.

    do you think all the competitive sports just sprouted from the ground?

    that they didn't start small with little to no prizes and that it took time and effort for them to grow?

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3511439#Comment_3511439

    I’m see what you’re saying. I tend to find people vastly over exaggerate the mythical high mmr thing. In the sense that it’s not some .01% of the population only being effected. I would say even the top 20% is heavily effected by swf. I do think though that even low to average swf groups are getting a significant unfair advantage though and I believe their stats a while back showed a significant survival increase from swf even at those lower levels.

    In the games current state I think locked lobbies would cause more problems than backfilling does. Assuming zero changes of course.

    Instead of forcing lobbies they should work to fix the reason people dodge in the first place. Yes some reasons are silly or they just want an advantage, but I don’t believe that is the majority of the cases although some will disagree with this I understand. I believe the majority of dodges are people simply wanting a fair game and there are many unbalanced things in the game currently that prevent a fair game.

    And to make it even worse, no one can even agree on what "fair" is. Too subjective. And balancing any asymmetrical game is a nightmare to begin with.

    On a side note, locking or removing the lobby would also get rid of that last second swapping bs survs can do. I'm willing to bet no killer would miss that. 😁

  • @knell said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3511186#Comment_3511186

    Assuming you have already brought forth this long-time concern from the community to the other development teams while ago, and that you have also already gave them your suggestion of locking lobbies, why has it not been tested yet to see if it helps? It would seem like it would be one of the top priorities to help new players to stay.

    I'd also love to see it tested. Like the time they tested out no bloodlust.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3511458#Comment_3511458

    And to make it even worse, no one can even agree on what "fair" is. Too subjective. And balancing any asymmetrical game is a nightmare to begin with.

    On a side note, locking or removing the lobby would also get rid of that last second swapping bs survs can do. I'm willing to bet no killer would miss that. 😁

    I mean... they would just already have what they were gonna switch to... same thing

  • do yall STILL not know how the mmr works? it does not care how long youve played. what matters is a rating which we cannot see and changes every match

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3511458#Comment_3511458

    And to make it even worse, no one can even agree on what "fair" is. Too subjective. And balancing any asymmetrical game is a nightmare to begin with.

    On a side note, locking or removing the lobby would also get rid of that last second swapping bs survs can do. I'm willing to bet no killer would miss that. 😁

    Lol yeah I agree it’s a whole mess that I don’t have a good solution for either. I feel like any solution would have a decent chunk of the population who hates it.

    I wasn’t thinking about the locking on survivor too lol

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3511557#Comment_3511557

    Call them whatever you want, idc, I don't support or watch esport gaming.

    Esports might be a joke to you but there's millions of dollars on the table. Also, those games require skill to play unlike dead by daylight.

    Competitive dead by daylight is the actual joke.

    dbd doesnt requiere skill to play? dude if you dont have 1k hours in this game the community considers you a baby

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3511169#Comment_3511169

    I guess the solution would be locking lobbies and not allowing players to dodge them.

    That would work, but I think that's the nuclear option. How about don't show Prestige in the lobby? Like, what is the purpose other than bragging? Why do I need to know that I am going against 4 P100 before the match? Most killers would be intimidated by that and dodge the lobby.

    Even as a survivor.. Unless I am wearing full Legacy outfits (which I don't have, but speaking hypothetically) the killer doesn't need to know how many points I've spent on my character.

  • Dbd doesn't have competitive or ranked mode so comp dbd doesn't exist.

    There's no organisation on dbd that funds teams, paying them monthly, houses, and huge amount of money to the winners. That's the legit competitive gaming.

    There's a reason that no one backs up huge tournaments and coverage for dbd, the game is not competitive. Now, there's some kids on dbd community who pretend that the game is competitive.

  • @WW1PilotAce said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3511569#Comment_3511569

    dbd doesnt requiere skill to play? dude if you dont have 1k hours in this game the community considers you a baby

    Who cares what the dbd community believes. You care way too much on what the community says. The dbd community believes that comp dbd exists without comp or ranked mode 🤦

    And no, dbd doesn't require actual skill to play like other games.

  • Some of the comments towards the DbD team on this thread are a bit much. It doesn't take a lot to be kind. I get that you're passionate about your favourite game, but my god get a grip. Don't need to be rude to other people over a video game.

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3511647#Comment_3511647

    Dbd doesn't have competitive or ranked mode so comp dbd doesn't exist.

    There's no organisation on dbd that funds teams, paying them monthly, houses, and huge amount of money to the winners. That's the legit competitive gaming.

    There's a reason that no one backs up huge tournaments and coverage for dbd, the game is not competitive. Now, there's some kids on dbd community who pretend that the game is competitive.

    I don't even know what to say about that statement.


    Certainly one of the takes of all time.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3511876#Comment_3511876

    I don't even know what to say about that statement.

    Certainly one of the takes of all time.

    Same. I'm losing braincells when I hear that dbd is a comp game.

  • Can we not devolve this into an argument regarding the comp scene of DbD?! There is a healthy competitive scene and if people enjoy that - then I see absolutely no harm in it. I think the only reason that the words epsorts/comp were used in this thread were just to show that this is a very good player who was matchmade with a fairly new player. That's what this discussion is about and nothing else.

    My suggestion of locking lobbies was just that, a suggestion - this isn't saying it's happening or isn't happening. It's just one way I can see to prevent lobby dodging which has always been a thing in DbD and likely no more prevalent now than it has been in the past.

    There really is no need for this discussion to get as heated as it has been, please remain respectful to all on this forum - differing ideas is a good thing! I love how passionate people are and how strongly they feel, however being rude or disrespectful just devolves everything into an argument which solves nothing.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3511244#Comment_3511244

    I have no doubt many players will not like the idea of locking the lobbies or doing away with them altogether. Mostly veteran players I'd think.

    There are legit reasons to want to ditch a lobby, and some bad reasons too, in both roles. But I firmly believe taking one of those two options will over time even out the matchmaking, so long as we have the current backfilling system in place.

    As for balance and SWF that's another big ol pile of difficulties.

    I've heard the notion floating around here and elsewhere that many of the posted complaints are "first-world high MMR problems" that do not really effect the average playerbase much. The devs themselves seem to agree, with what little stats we do get & their responses to us proding those stats.

    The problem as I see it is the balance issues mainly crop up and are most strongly felt by those in that mythical high MMR area (not counting people just regurgitating content creators) where the efficient or "sweat" play is. Luckily I'm a lousy killer & ok-ish surv and aren't often swimming around in that area myself.

    Many of the complaints we see could be from people being backfilled into lobbies they have no business being in as well. We can never tell whether we're a backfill or not. It's part of why I think the zero transparency style SBMM causes more headaches than the devs think.

    People might actually face SWFs that are too difficult for them on a regular basis. And it could be because they're often backfilling into those lobbies that other killers dodged. The survivors I 12 hook at 3-5 gens probably feel just as frustrated as the killer players who complain about unbeatable SWFs. Backfills screw everything up.

    I mentioned earlier, the 4 man I play in regularly gets dodged. We don't hide our hours and collectively have over 20k. The first 5 or 6 killers will usually dodge the lobby. We end up with a killer who doesn't get a single hook all game half the time and has 200 hours. Usually 1k tops. And they probably complain about SWF when they shouldn't have been playing against us in the first place. I feel bad, but the first 5 killers didn't take the match.

  • Am I the only one that finds it ironic that everyone is like "MMR bad get rid of it" and then when we get games that show what games would commonly be like if they did scrap it we get topics like this? I know I'm exaggerating when I say everyone but I just mean it as it's a sentiment I see a lot.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3511169#Comment_3511169

    I guess the solution would be locking lobbies and not allowing players to dodge them.

    Please, never do that. I sometimes have to dodge because I notice my ping is high, and I often notice other survivors doing that as well. Locking the lobbies would force players to play matches even though they know their ping will be way too high. Lobby-dodging is also needed when you end up meeting a cheater from a previous match.

    @Tsulan said:

    I still think that there shouldn´t exist a lobby. When someone clicks ready from the main menu, the next thing he should see is the loading screen for the match. No one should dodge based on teammates/players. On top of that, the mmr should consider the strength of items/addons in order to match accordingly. Players with red and purple addons against players with red and purple.

    Skipping the lobbies would be even worse, as it wouldn't even allow you to know those things AND would get rid of lobby animations and voicelines like Thalita and Renato's interaction. All of that to TRY to solve ONE of the issues with the matchmaking, and people would still be complaining about bad matchmaking just like they do today.

    @Piruluk said:

    If someone dodges, the lobby should be disbanded.

    Backfilling is horrible solution

    Disbanding the lobbies in case someone dodges would make harder to start a match, so it would be an even worse solution. I've already had bad experiences on other games where I would have to look for a match multiple times in a row simply because someone was leaving the lobby at the last second every single time. If people don't want to suffer the risks caused by backfilling, they can just leave the lobby themselves. We don't need to make the time waiting in queues longer for THE WHOLE PLAYERBASE because of that.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3511199#Comment_3511199

    Anonymous lobbies from the killer POV would be good. I've seen suggestions to eliminate the lobby, but I think it's an important thematic element. They could even change it to just show the 4 survivors in default cosmetics sitting around the campfire with the same killer POV. Killers will absolutely dodge based on cosmetics and platform, so it's important to hide those along with names. I get dodged in solo queue a lot too if everyone is on PC.

    I'm fine with most of that, but I don't think names should be hidden. Seeing player names improves player experience as it allows you to avoid playing against cheaters from previous matches or gamethrowing trolls. Additionally, even though I personally don't have a problem with that, some people don't like playing against streamers.

    Cosmetics COULD be removed, but honestly, is dodging based on cosmetics THAT common? We must remember none of those changes will remove lobby-dodging for good, only make it less common, and that alone will not fix all the matchmaking issues in the game. I don't think cosmetics in lobby are that problematic to the point of needing a removal. Prestiges and items have a much greater impact.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3511439#Comment_3511439

    Many of the complaints we see could be from people being backfilled into lobbies they have no business being in as well. We can never tell whether we're a backfill or not. It's part of why I think the zero transparency style SBMM causes more headaches than the devs think.

    People might actually face SWFs that are too difficult for them on a regular basis. And it could be because they're often backfilling into those lobbies that other killers dodged. The survivors I 12 hook at 3-5 gens probably feel just as frustrated as the killer players who complain about unbeatable SWFs. Backfills screw everything up.

    I mentioned earlier, the 4 man I play in regularly gets dodged. We don't hide our hours and collectively have over 20k. The first 5 or 6 killers will usually dodge the lobby. We end up with a killer who doesn't get a single hook all game half the time and has 200 hours. Usually 1k tops. And they probably complain about SWF when they shouldn't have been playing against us in the first place. I feel bad, but the first 5 killers didn't take the match.

    I've brought up that point many times as well.

    Newbie killers should never get rolled by a veteran team, SWF or not, just like rookie survs getting stomped by a highly skilled killer shouldn't happen either. All because of dodging.

    And during one of the recent surveys they asked the community whether they favor queues over quality matchmaking, and the overwhelming response was faster queue times. So this system only gets one real shot at a fair-ish trial, and backfilling breaks it.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3511179#Comment_3511179

    you are aware that I'm not a programmer or designer etc and that the Community Team does not make decisions for those other departments? My idea is one idea and yes it would actually work in solving the issue that is lobby dodging in general - players have always dodged lobbies it's been something that's happened since the game began, maybe it's time that lobbies were locked when you join them - I don't really see anything bad about that.

    Maybe killers don’t want to go against 5,000 hour survivors in a game that is balanced around a low level of play.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3511924#Comment_3511924

    I've brought up that point many times as well.

    Newbie killers should never get rolled by a veteran team, SWF or not, just like rookie survs getting stomped by a highly skilled killer shouldn't happen either. All because of dodging.

    And during one of the recent surveys they asked the community whether they favor queues over quality matchmaking, and the overwhelming response was faster queue times. So this system only gets one real shot at a fair-ish trial, and backfilling breaks it.

    I feel really bad when I go for the obvious newby ... but whatya gonna do, when their mates are running loops extra tight and are night untouchable at the best of times, and then use MFT on top of new and improved fast vaults? Its mean, but that newby can just crank out gens as any of the other ones, besides maybe a second or two due to great skill checks. And with everyone splitting up, therei s little counterplay these days, besides being hyper-aggressiv and tunnel someone out if possible.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3511186#Comment_3511186

    Maybe killers don’t want to go against 5,000 hour survivors in a game that is balanced around a low level of play.

    I'm not going to go into what I think the game is balanced around but I will say that there are lots of things that people don't want to go against in this game. It is what it is. If the MMR is working as intended, and someone is getting matched up against people of a similar skill level, then that is how it should be. Not being able to shop for lower MMR or lower hour players.

    The 5k hours doesn't matter at that point. By leaving the lobby you are opening it up to being filled by a killer that is much less skilled than the opponent. It isn't fair to them.That being said I'd like to see changes to how MMR is figured up anyway.

    I think locking the lobby is a good idea. It would kind of make it even across the board as far as being able to dodge what someone doesn't to play against.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3511169#Comment_3511169

    I guess the solution would be locking lobbies and not allowing players to dodge them.

    THAT SHOULD BE A THING. Im no way a high skilled killer, but I never dodge lobby and take these matches like a champ.

    image.png

    Unlike most killers who claim skilled enough to be high MMR that shopping for weak teams.

  • Reasons for dodging:

    Swfs

    People livestreaming (I get twitch streamers in my lobbies occasionally)

    Potential hackers (red flags on profile)

    I’m sorry but there’s more incentive to look at the lobby first before I decide whether to play with a certain team or not based on my personal experience.

    Another way to fix it is to look at the Survivor Killer ratio perhaps? If matchmaking has to grab a Killer from a lower skill bracket after 1 or 2 dodges, wouldn’t that imply that there aren’t much Killers of each skill bracket queuing in the first place? I wonder why. Food for thought.

  • That's the thing: SBMM doesn't work. It's just there to say it's there.

    This game is already incredibly rough for new players since you have no perks or any idea how the game actually plays. Being pitted against people with thousands of hours in the game early on is just blatantly unfair and more likely to get newcomers to quit the game rather than suffer through the painful slog that is starting the game.

  • @Moonras2 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3511941#Comment_3511941

    I'm not going to go into what I think the game is balanced around but I will say that there are lots of things that people don't want to go against in this game. It is what it is. If the MMR is working as intended, and someone is getting matched up against people of a similar skill level, then that is how it should be. Not being able to shop for lower MMR or lower hour players.

    The 5k hours doesn't matter at that point. By leaving the lobby you are opening it up to being filled by a killer that is much less skilled than the opponent. It isn't fair to them.That being said I'd like to see changes to how MMR is figured up anyway.

    I think locking the lobby is a good idea. It would kind of make it even across the board as far as being able to dodge what someone doesn't to play against.

    I don’t shop for anything other than to avoid seal teams, and that’s only if I’m not playing Nurse. Like I’m expected to play Pig against an experienced team on a bad map? No thanks. One of the problems with MMR in this game is the game overall has a pretty low skill ceiling. If you know tiles, map layout, and basic mind games, you’re set. Granted it takes time to learn those things, but it isn’t a huge mental load. Basic m1 killers generally can’t catch survivors before they finish the gens, which is why tunneling and camping are so popular. You can’t outskill someone at safe loops.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3511980#Comment_3511980

    I don’t shop for anything other than to avoid seal teams, and that’s only if I’m not playing Nurse. Like I’m expected to play Pig against an experienced team on a bad map? No thanks. One of the problems with MMR in this game is the game overall has a pretty low skill ceiling. If you know tiles, map layout, and basic mind games, you’re set. Granted it takes time to learn those things, but it isn’t a huge mental load. Basic m1 killers generally can’t catch survivors before they finish the gens, which is why tunneling and camping are so popular. You can’t outskill someone at safe loops.

    So would you say survivors should be able to see the killer they are facing and leave the lobby accordingly? Someone may feel that because they are in solo queue they shouldn't have to face off against experienced players or stronger killers running high tier perks and add-ons.

    As far as playing on a bad map there's no way to know that until the offering screen pops up. I want to say you can also use map offerings, but 90% of the time when I use a map offering as killer it seems to choose the map offering survivors play.

  • @shalo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3511170#Comment_3511170

    If that's your best idea I'm not surprised you can't fix it. Just continue to throw new players at 4000 hour SWFs and hope for the best then.

    Can you please not bully the community manager? You're acting like everything she says is God's scripture when she's basically a social media liaison that put forward an idea on the spot under duress. Rude comments like yours are how we end up with zero dev communication.

  • @appleas said:

    Reasons for dodging:

    Swfs

    People livestreaming (I get twitch streamers in my lobbies occasionally)

    Potential hackers (red flags on profile)

    I’m sorry but there’s more incentive to look at the lobby first before I decide whether to play with a certain team or not based on my personal experience.

    Another way to fix it is to look at the Survivor Killer ratio perhaps? If matchmaking has to grab a Killer from a lower skill bracket after 1 or 2 dodges, wouldn’t that imply that there aren’t much Killers of each skill bracket queuing in the first place? I wonder why. Food for thought.

    yea but you're breaking the matchmaking when you dodge. You get a new lobby and it's some disorganized solo queue trainwreck. Then you predictably destroy them. Then your MMR goes higher and higher and you have to dodge more lobbies to get what you want. Further breaking the matchmaking. The lobby you dodged also gets backfilled by a brand new killer who proceeds to get bullied by survivors with thousands of hours. This is a massive issue with the matchmaking system and exactly why dodging needs to be heavily discouraged. Survivors don't get to choose whether they go against a sweaty alch ring blight or a nurse. Why should killers get to choose their games but not survivors?

    I can subjectively say that my games are rarely close. The first scenario is I get some 7000 hour blight who destroys me and my 400 hour teammates. I am an exclusively solo queue player who does not win much so there is absolutely no reason why I should ever get matched with players like this. The other scenario is I get a trapper who just installed the game. He gets bullied all game and is aggressively teabagged at the gate. I don't think i'm wrong for thinking the status quo isn't a good thing.

  • @I_CAME said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3511996#Comment_3511996

    yea but you're breaking the matchmaking when you dodge. You get a new lobby and it's some disorganized solo queue trainwreck. Then you predictably destroy them. Then your MMR goes higher and higher and you have to dodge more lobbies to get what you want. Further breaking the matchmaking. The lobby you dodged also gets backfilled by a brand new killer who proceeds to get bullied by survivors with thousands of hours. This is a massive issue with the matchmaking system and exactly why dodging needs to be heavily discouraged. Survivors don't get to choose whether they go against a sweaty alch ring blight or a nurse. Why should killers get to choose their games but not survivors?

    Actually most of the time I’m in the backfill. I’ve gotten 6k hours surv streamers and “comp champions” in my lobbies as Killer when I have less than 1k hours overall. In all honesty I wouldn’t dodge that much if it was pre 6.1.0 matchmaking apart from obvious cheaters.

    No offense but while Killers can pick their lobbies, Survivors can choose to play in swf or not. Solo queue has disadvantages against a Killer because no one would play Killer if your average solo queue team could consistently beat the average Killer player.

    I can see how problematic lobby shopping can be, but I see no personal benefit in being the backfill against better teams or potential cheaters, especially when the devs are slowly but surely reducing the viable playstyles for M1 weaker Killers.

  • Lobby dodging or not the problem with the MMR is kills/escapes.

    New killer with 1 to 87 hours can camp and tunnel for kills move up and go against survivors with over 1k hours.

    Same with a new survivor hides all match when all gens done run to the gate open it and leave moves up in MMR to face off against over 1k hour killers.

    Killers dodging in search for easy matches is a problem, but kills/escapes is the real issue.

  • There's no need for "more transparency about how MMR works", we know why this happens.

    People who drop out of lobbies cause them to be 'backfilled'. The game will pull the next available player who can fill that role so players don't wait 5 minutes every time someone dodges a lobby, bypassing MMR entirely.

    You can't use single cases like this to critique MMR because these are events outside of the usual function of MMR.

    And outside of these events where MMR is being applied, it can only work with what it's given, with the players available to match with. We know the parameters widen after a few minutes and eventually include everyone anyway. This is the system the majority of players prefered. The alternative is waiting 15-20 minutes or more for a game.

  • @appleas said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3512285#Comment_3512285

    Actually most of the time I’m in the backfill. I’ve gotten 6k hours surv streamers and “comp champions” in my lobbies as Killer when I have less than 1k hours overall. In all honesty I wouldn’t dodge that much if it was pre 6.1.0 matchmaking apart from obvious cheaters.

    No offense but while Killers can pick their lobbies, Survivors can choose to play in swf or not. Solo queue has disadvantages against a Killer because no one would play Killer if your average solo queue team could consistently beat the average Killer player.

    I can see how problematic lobby shopping can be, but I see no personal benefit in being the backfill against better teams or potential cheaters, especially when the devs are slowly but surely reducing the viable playstyles for M1 weaker Killers.

    But SWFs aren’t winning that much more than solo queue (+\-15% with a 4-man). And contrary to popular belief, no one is facing 4-man sweat squads very often. They’re only 4% of the player base. Most survivors are in fact solo queue, with duos close behind.

  • @Ayodam said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3512353#Comment_3512353

    But SWFs aren’t winning that much more than solo queue (+\-15% with a 4-man). And contrary to popular belief, no one is facing 4-man sweat squads very often. They’re only 4% of the player base. Most survivors are in fact solo queue, with duos close behind.

    To be fair, that 4% is far more likely to be high MMR, which means if you're in the top MMR bracket, you could be facing a significantly larger pool of 4-man SWF.

    It's a guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was closer to 20-25%.

1 2 ›