I hope Nicolas Cage is the last celebrity we get

The addition of Nicolas Cage was amazing. But we were lucky. I don't have a problem with Nicki Minaj, but I think we are very lucky we got somebody as iconic as Cage and Call of Duty had to settle for Minaj.

But I'm sure many of us just really dislike certain celebrities and would hate to see them in the game. Some celebrities might be great for the game financially but wouldn't fit. And if one of the celebrities turns out to be a bad person? This would leave the game in a very unconfortable spot as they couldn't take out characters people have spent money on.

Comments

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    The addition of Nicolas Cage was amazing. But we were lucky. I don't have a problem with Nicki Minaj, but I think we are very lucky we got somebody as iconic as Cage and Call of Duty had to settle for Minaj.

    But I'm sure many of us just really dislike certain celebrities and would hate to see them in the game. Some celebrities might be great for the game financially but wouldn't fit. And if one of the celebrities turns out to be a bad person? This would leave the game in a very unconfortable spot as they couldn't take out characters people have spent money on.

    I mean, Nic has worked in horror before, this isn't too far-fetched. Puttin people like Nikki Minaj would be jumping the shark.

  • I wouldn't say no to Keanu Reeves personally lol he'd be kind of cool

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3498265#Comment_3498265

    Me too but, what if you had a 50/50 coinflip and heads you get Keanu, tails you get Elon? Would you flip that coin?

    Either we get Keanu Reeves, or we get to repeatedly kill a fictional version of one of the most insufferable humans alive

    I fail to see how we could lose this coinflip

  • Honestly my only problem with celebs being added is that we'd get a bunch of half chapters with only a survivor in it

  • Wouldn't mind having Brendan Fraser in the game. Would love to see a "The Mummy" chapter.

  • Wait, COD got Minaj? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

    God, you can't make this stuff up sometimes lmao

  • @MaTtRoSiTy said:

    Wait, COD got Minaj? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

    God, you can't make this stuff up sometimes lmao

    they are also getting lara croft before dbd does 😭

  • Unless it's someone I care about I agree lol

  • More could easily come. Nicki Minaj has entered Call of Duty, alongside Snoop Dogg, and way before this celebrities have appeared as themselves in a few games (or at least they were included, even if they did not act). Some examples:

    50 Cent: Blood on the Sand, Ville Valo (Downfall), Marshmello (Fortnite, alongside a few others celebs), Ricky Gervais (GTA IV)

    I reckon a few could come in in future, amongst all the original and licensed content. Trixie Mattel and Chandler Riggs have both been open about playing it. So many options are open now.

  • They should put the greatest Final Fantasy character ever: Ariana Grande.

  • I hope so as well. I don't want more celebrities, in my opinion they don't belong in the game.

  • I would like to see a voiced Jeff Goldblum. He would fit so well.

  • @Komodo07 said:

    I would like to see a voiced Jeff Goldblum. He would fit so well.

    Wait… Goldblum could be both survivor and killer 😍

  • @Annso_x said:

    Honestly my only problem with celebs being added is that we'd get a bunch of half chapters with only a survivor in it

    What if we get them as killers though? What if Keanu Reeves's mori is him grabbing you by the neck, sucking out your youth and throwing you away while saying "YOUR BREATH TAKING".

  • Based on the questions of the last satisfaction survey we may get Fog Whisperers and other creators added. πŸ˜…

  • Nicki doesn't play anyone but if they wanted Ariana Grande they could get the Scream Queens license and swim in money.

  • @GolbezGarlandGabrant said:

    Based on the questions of the last satisfaction survey we may get Fog Whisperers and other creators added. πŸ˜…

    That survey asked if cosmetics themed around creators (much like the current charity case) would be something were interested in. Considering the last one we got was in 2017 I wouldnt mind another

  • @Nazzzak said:

    I wouldn't say no to Keanu Reeves personally lol he'd be kind of cool

    He did Payday 2 as John Wick so anything is possible I guess.

  • I have no idea why NC is in this realm! I mean is soooo many people, celebs we could of had, not a lot of youngsters know of NC, but heck don't go putting Ed Sheeran in this game for christ sake lol. There are a lot of celebs, even b celebs that fit the game, I still don't get NC, I mean Ash?? yes! It peeves me off, I still don't get it, is like NC son was like, hey dad be cool if in this game and DBD grabbed a chance, more horror! please, I would even prefer horty from scary movie to NC.

  • i dont see a problem tbh. Dont like it dont buy it?

    u can always get the perks in the shrine. And the survivors are nothing but cosmetics anyway

  • I think there's a very, very short list of celebrities that would 'work' as cameo's in DBD. So in that sense, I'd be happy to leave it at Nick Cage than to risk one that doesn't fit.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    The addition of Nicolas Cage was amazing. But we were lucky. I don't have a problem with Nicki Minaj, but I think we are very lucky we got somebody as iconic as Cage and Call of Duty had to settle for Minaj.

    But I'm sure many of us just really dislike certain celebrities and would hate to see them in the game. Some celebrities might be great for the game financially but wouldn't fit. And if one of the celebrities turns out to be a bad person? This would leave the game in a very unconfortable spot as they couldn't take out characters people have spent money on.

    I would actually love to see Nicki Minaj; among other celebrities too! I mean if they added Nicolas Cage let's add more.

    I want Nicki Minaj, Lady Gaga, Kaarija, The Undertaker, and more! It would be cool to see and if you don't like it, the option to ignore/not buy is free.

  • @Kaitsja said:

    Wouldn't mind having Brendan Fraser in the game. Would love to see a "The Mummy" chapter.

    I would love to see that!!

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3498294#Comment_3498294

    What if we get them as killers though? What if Keanu Reeves's mori is him grabbing you by the neck, sucking out your youth and throwing you away while saying "YOUR BREATH TAKING".

    I'd be all for killer celebs tbh, being hunted down by Nicki Minaj sounds absolutely hilarious to me, but I have a really hard time picturing it happening.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    The addition of Nicolas Cage was amazing. But we were lucky. I don't have a problem with Nicki Minaj, but I think we are very lucky we got somebody as iconic as Cage and Call of Duty had to settle for Minaj.

    But I'm sure many of us just really dislike certain celebrities and would hate to see them in the game. Some celebrities might be great for the game financially but wouldn't fit. And if one of the celebrities turns out to be a bad person? This would leave the game in a very unconfortable spot as they couldn't take out characters people have spent money on.

    Nah now we need Danny Trejo as a killer.

  • @Annso_x said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3498502#Comment_3498502

    I'd be all for killer celebs tbh, being hunted down by Nicki Minaj sounds absolutely hilarious to me, but I have a really hard time picturing it happening.

    You hop on a gen, not knowing who the killer is when you start hearing Super Bass in the background.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    The addition of Nicolas Cage was amazing. But we were lucky. I don't have a problem with Nicki Minaj, but I think we are very lucky we got somebody as iconic as Cage and Call of Duty had to settle for Minaj.

    But I'm sure many of us just really dislike certain celebrities and would hate to see them in the game. Some celebrities might be great for the game financially but wouldn't fit. And if one of the celebrities turns out to be a bad person? This would leave the game in a very unconfortable spot as they couldn't take out characters people have spent money on.

    "I'm sure many of us just really dislike certain celebrities and would hate to see them in the game"

    I just wouldn't buy them or play as them, and hate is quite strong for somebody you don't know irl.

    "And if one of the celebrities turns out to be a bad person? This would leave the game in a very unconfortable spot as they couldn't take out characters people have spent money on."

    So no more voice actors or motion captures ever again in the video game industry just incase one day one celebrity who appeared in a game does something wrong, OK.

    Odd topic with some weird takes. If anything, Nic Cage as a playable real person, not Nic Cage playing a character, is exciting, original and fun, and if the revenue is anything like the hype he has brought, they definitely will look to do it again. As somebody else mentioned, Keanu Reeves would be a fantastic addition. Rob Zombie would be cool to play as.

    If they added a female actor, possibly Sigourney Weaver, Emma Roberts or Toni Collette would be interested. It's a very interesting concept, actual actor as playable character, and I hope they don't stop doing it because of all your "just in case" scenarios.

  • @GolbezGarlandGabrant said:

    Based on the questions of the last satisfaction survey we may get Fog Whisperers and other creators added. πŸ˜…

    I sure hope not.

  • @saintjimmy456 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/385567/i-hope-nicolas-cage-is-the-last-celebrity-we-get

    "I'm sure many of us just really dislike certain celebrities and would hate to see them in the game"

    I just wouldn't buy them or play as them, and hate is quite strong for somebody you don't know irl.

    "And if one of the celebrities turns out to be a bad person? This would leave the game in a very unconfortable spot as they couldn't take out characters people have spent money on."

    So no more voice actors or motion captures ever again in the video game industry just incase one day one celebrity who appeared in a game does something wrong, OK.

    Odd topic with some weird takes. If anything, Nic Cage as a playable real person, not Nic Cage playing a character, is exciting, original and fun, and if the revenue is anything like the hype he has brought, they definitely will look to do it again. As somebody else mentioned, Keanu Reeves would be a fantastic addition. Rob Zombie would be cool to play as.

    If they added a female actor, possibly Sigourney Weaver, Emma Roberts or Toni Collette would be interested. It's a very interesting concept, actual actor as playable character, and I hope they don't stop doing it because of all your "just in case" scenarios.

    Voice actors and motion captures are obviously not the same as someone being in the game playing as themselves so that seems rather disingenuous.

    You are naming very cool people so you completely missed the point. Would you be just as happy to see the latest flash in the pan pop star? or reality TV celebrity? Or a celebrity that has strong political views that oppose your own? Even your least favourite streamer that you disagree with on everything they say? (technically not a celebrity but still a possibility)

    I just don't want Ed Sheeran in the game.