Eta on the mastermind being fixed

Can you guys please tell me will he back before the event cause it will be completely unfair if I can't get the anniversary bloodpoint offerings on him I just wanna know if he will be back this upcoming bug fix

Comments

  • @HeyItsQuiet said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3459593#Comment_3459593

    Again, you are losing nothing. There are THIRTY ONE other killers to play, and survivors, as well. I don't understand why you're acting like this game is completely unplayable with ONE killer unavailable.

    Your inability to learn a different character does not get to come at the expense of all the survivors who would be abused and cheated out of a fair match due to Wesker mains exploiting the bug.

    Get over it and pick someone else to play, or just go to a different game. The devs cannot bend over backwards and immediately repair a bug just because one player throws a fit over their main being unavailable.

    Bro this guy 🤣🤣

  • Just to let you guys know, nothing has been confirmed but currently there's a target ETA on fixing him in Hotfix 2, giving you about 2 of the 3 weeks of the Anniversary to level and play Whiskas. I'd like to repeat, not yet a confirmed date, just a target.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Just to let you guys know, nothing has been confirmed but currently there's a target ETA on fixing him in Hotfix 2, giving you about 2 of the 3 weeks of the Anniversary to level and play Whiskas. I'd like to repeat, not yet a confirmed date, just a target.

    If this is true hotfix 2 is next week correct

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Just to let you guys know, nothing has been confirmed but currently there's a target ETA on fixing him in Hotfix 2, giving you about 2 of the 3 weeks of the Anniversary to level and play Whiskas. I'd like to repeat, not yet a confirmed date, just a target.

    If this is true isn't the hotfix 2 next week?

  • Following normal patterns, yeah. Usually Hotfix 1 is the week after the patch, and Hotfix 2 is normally the week after, hence why I think there'll be 2 weeks of anni to play Whiskas

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3459719#Comment_3459719

    Following normal patterns, yeah. Usually Hotfix 1 is the week after the patch, and Hotfix 2 is normally the week after, hence why I think there'll be 2 weeks of anni to play Whiskas

    Ok well if that's case that's awsome I will probably look out for it then

  • @shalo said:

    The DBD community writ large. Wesker mains have the Anniversary event ruined for them and some of the community responses :

    "i like not seeing Wesker"

    "Yay! So thankful for this!"

    "I'm happy"

    "Good."

    This entire forum is a laughably survivor biased

  • "bRo ThIs GuY"

    While absolutely sobbing that 1/32 characters is unavailable so the game is COMPLETELY UNPLAYABLE!!1111! UNFAIR!!

    My goodness. The entitlement.

  • @HeyItsQuiet said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3458631#Comment_3458631

    You know you can just save your blood points for when he comes back right? Lmfao

    But you can't collect cakes for him.

  • @HeyItsQuiet said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3459661#Comment_3459661

    "bRo ThIs GuY"

    While absolutely sobbing that 1/32 characters is unavailable so the game is COMPLETELY UNPLAYABLE!!1111! UNFAIR!!

    My goodness. The entitlement.

    Killers aren't skins, they're playstyles.


    Wesker happens to be a playstyle someone enjoys the most, out of any of the other killers.


    Wesker is disabled, no other killer has his playstyle.


    Player stops playing.



    Where is the entitlement??

  • @HeyItsQuiet said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3459661#Comment_3459661

    "bRo ThIs GuY"

    While absolutely sobbing that 1/32 characters is unavailable so the game is COMPLETELY UNPLAYABLE!!1111! UNFAIR!!

    My goodness. The entitlement.

    Yeah, the entitlement of being mad at purchased character not being able to play or even progress.

  • @Mandy said:

    The Mastermind is not going to return prior to the event starting no. Unfortunately the fix requires more time than that.

    I understand that, but why cant we use bloodpoints on killswitched characters? The point of the killswitch is to prevent the abuse of gamebreaking bugs for as long as it takes to fix them. But since these bugs only occur during the trial, why cant we access our characters outside of it? The upcoming anniversary event will provide MASS amounts of bloodpoints, and many were looking forward to using them on Wesker. He's the most played killer and all of his addons have some use, so its understandable that many players are disappointed that hes disabled.

    Do you know if he'll be available during the event, or will the bug take longer than that? If so, is there any chance that we could use our bloodpoints on killswitched characters?

  • @nars said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3458620#Comment_3458620

    I understand that, but why cant we use bloodpoints on killswitched characters? The point of the killswitch is to prevent the abuse of gamebreaking bugs for as long as it takes to fix them. But since these bugs only occur during the trial, why cant we access our characters outside of it? The upcoming anniversary event will provide MASS amounts of bloodpoints, and many were looking forward to using them on Wesker. He's the most played killer and all of his addons have some use, so its understandable that many players are disappointed that hes disabled.

    Do you know if he'll be available during the event, or will the bug take longer than that? If so, is there any chance that we could use our bloodpoints on killswitched characters?

    Screenshot_20230620-093017_Chrome.jpg

    He might be back next week usually after anniversary chapter releases there's back to back bug fix patches so if he's on schedule for the next patch he should be back next Tuesday if so, so there's is some hope

  • because this practically means the killer role itself is killswitched until wesker is restored, has to be on the top of the priority list

  • I thought the forums were supposed to be killer sided, lol.


    I’ll say this: The reaction to others’ frustration some people here have is itself a bit immature, but at the same time some people here have an extreme reaction to their main being disabled.

    Not exactly surprising, since Wesker has easily the biggest playerbase, but when Nurse and Dredge were disabled for a month I do not recall seeing this much of a reaction.

    I understand that not being able to put points in him is frustrating. But then… there’s so many other characters for you to dump your points into.

    Try someone else. You might discover an entirely different killer you like. Or, god forbid, get a second main, like me.

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3459733#Comment_3459733

    I thought the forums were supposed to be killer sided, lol.

    I’ll say this: The reaction to others’ frustration some people here have is itself a bit immature, but at the same time some people here have an extreme reaction to their main being disabled.

    Not exactly surprising, since Wesker has easily the biggest playerbase, but when Nurse and Dredge were disabled for a month I do not recall seeing this much of a reaction.

    I understand that not being able to put points in him is frustrating. But then… there’s so many other characters for you to dump your points into.

    Try someone else. You might discover an entirely different killer you like. Or, god forbid, get a second main, like me.

    Not exactly surprising, since Wesker has easily the biggest playerbase, but when Nurse and Dredge were disabled for a month I do not recall seeing this much of a reaction.

    The difference is that he gets disabled at the anniversary event, where you gets TONS of BPs, and also exclusive cakes. But you can't spend those BPs on your favourite character, because thanks BHVR


    If it wasn't for the anniversary event, there wouldn't be these posts, i'm 100% sure

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3459733#Comment_3459733

    I thought the forums were supposed to be killer sided, lol.

    I’ll say this: The reaction to others’ frustration some people here have is itself a bit immature, but at the same time some people here have an extreme reaction to their main being disabled.

    Not exactly surprising, since Wesker has easily the biggest playerbase, but when Nurse and Dredge were disabled for a month I do not recall seeing this much of a reaction.

    I understand that not being able to put points in him is frustrating. But then… there’s so many other characters for you to dump your points into.

    Try someone else. You might discover an entirely different killer you like. Or, god forbid, get a second main, like me.

    I'm not actually a wesker main, I don't even have him leveled up, but it's still wrong to leave him disabled for the event.

  • @jokere98 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3460142#Comment_3460142

    Not exactly surprising, since Wesker has easily the biggest playerbase, but when Nurse and Dredge were disabled for a month I do not recall seeing this much of a reaction.

    The difference is that he gets disabled at the anniversary event, where you gets TONS of BPs, and also exclusive cakes. But you can't spend those BPs on your favourite character, because thanks BHVR

    If it wasn't for the anniversary event, there wouldn't be these posts, i'm 100% sure

    Thank you someone gets it I have wesker and billy are My mains but I'm posting because I want anniversary offerings if there wasn't an event I wouldn't care I'd be patient

  • You clearly haven’t been on the forums very long if you think this. The forums are definitely more killer leaning.

  • I get the frustration but damn. There are so many drama queens in this thread.

  • looks like wesker is back

  • @Header said:

    looks like wesker is back

    ik idk whats going on lol

  • did my man kill the killswitch again or is this intentional?

  • @Mandy said:

    We completely understand the frustration of our players and the team is hard at work in attempting to resolve the issue that has kept The Mastermind kill switched. Please remember that even if Wesker may not be available at the start of the Event, the Event does go on for quite a long time so we're not saying that he will not be available throughout the entire event.

    Thanks for the time to reply to us Mandy.

    Of course it would be awesome to play as Wesker with the gameplay changes that are going to be present at the event, but we completely understand if it's not possible to fix him in time.

    The REAL issue here is that me, like other player, are "worried" is that we can't even spend Bloodpoints on him. We waited for this opportunity to get A LOT of his addons and the special offering that will grant 107% BP to all players.

    Could you guys at least enable him in the character select screen and only disable his matchmaking button?

  • @Tiamat_Adara said:

    did my man kill the killswitch again or is this intentional?

    He is simply too powerful to be contained

    Bro powered up again. This time he'll have Billy's Chainsaw along with his invisibility

  • Sorry for the double post guys.

    I understand people saying "go play other killers". Humans all have different opinions in a lot of matters. I used to main Piinhead and I have this thing where I only play as my fav character in any game that has characters to select no matter how good or bad they are, so I only played Pinhead and never bothered to learn any other killer. I do play the others, but only if I have a daily or a tome challenge to do with them.

    When Wesker got released I completely forgot about Pinhead and now only play as him, not because he's good, but because of how much I like Resident Evil and he's my fav character from that franchise and one of my top fav of all media. I like Pinhead, but if I take all fiction characters that I like Pinhead is not near Wesker.

    Since DbD is "limited" to horror stuff the only character now that could possibly dethrone Wesker for me is Dracula and it wouldn't matter how good or bad he would be compared to Wesker. I used to play DB FighterZ with Bardock on my team and he's top tier and also played Smash Bros since Melee as Ganondorf even he being one of or THE worst character.

    Talked too much. let's go back to the point. :P

    The issue here is not being "forced" to play as other killer and, like others demonstrated, but not being able to spend BP on Wesker. Of course it would be good to play with him with this chaotic event BHVR is planning, but if it's not possible it wouldn't be too bad. The problem is indeed miss the opportunity to stock A LOT of his addons and 107% offerings.

  • Sheva no, your rocket launcher!

    image.png


  • @Header said:

    looks like wesker is back

    #########?

    He's indeed back and you can even look for matches with him.

  • It is definitely intended. Today's bugfix patch fixed the issue and The Mastermind has returned in time for the Event tomorrow :)

  • @Mandy said:

    It is definitely intended. Today's bugfix patch fixed the issue and The Mastermind has returned in time for the Event tomorrow :)

    thank you so much :D

  • I know it's been confirmed to be intended but I like the theory of "Wesker breaking through the killswitch at the same time a random bug correction fixes him coincidentally" too much to let go of it ! He did it once, he can do it twice ! X)

  • @Mandy said:

    It is definitely intended. Today's bugfix patch fixed the issue and The Mastermind has returned in time for the Event tomorrow :)

    Thank you so much for getting him back in the game in time for the event! I know you said originally it wouldn’t be possible so I really appreciate the effort made to fix him quickly especially considering how popular he is.

  • @HugTheHag said:

    I know it's been confirmed to be intended but I like the theory of "Wesker breaking through the killswitch at the same time a random bug correction fixes him coincidentally" too much to let go of it ! He did it once, he can do it twice ! X)

    "Do you actually think you can defeat me?" (c) Wesker to BHVR

  • @Mandy said:

    It is definitely intended. Today's bugfix patch fixed the issue and The Mastermind has returned in time for the Event tomorrow :)

    So you knew all this time he was gonna be re-enabled and kept teasing us...

    I like that! Please keep it up XD

    Thank you guys SO MUCH for your hardwork! =D

  • Yay wesker is back 😄 Thank you BHVR

  • @Cryptikk said:

    I bet you all that if this a bug for survivors, that bug would hotfixed within a few days

    How dramatic can one be? Are we all forgetting about Spirit being bugged for the longest time?

    Nemises' tentacle being bugged/soundless not too long ago.

    Twins are still under construction 💀 nobody cares if a survivor gets kill-switched or a map, its the killers that actually matter and have yo function properly, considering they make/break the game.

  • @Sharby said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3459752#Comment_3459752

    Killers aren't skins, they're playstyles.

    Wesker happens to be a playstyle someone enjoys the most, out of any of the other killers.

    Wesker is disabled, no other killer has his playstyle.

    Player stops playing.

    Where is the entitlement??

    He's a copy-paste of Nurse/Legion and Nemi wdym no one is like him 💀

  • @Mandy said:

    It is definitely intended. Today's bugfix patch fixed the issue and The Mastermind has returned in time for the Event tomorrow :)

    Thank you, this is amazing news.

  • @Phantom_ said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3459951#Comment_3459951

    He's a copy-paste of Nurse/Legion and Nemi wdym no one is like him 💀

    By your own admission it would take three different killers being combined to equal his playstyle.


    I'm so confused.

  • @Phantom_ said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3459951#Comment_3459951

    He's a copy-paste of Nurse/Legion and Nemi wdym no one is like him 💀

    How is he anything like any of those killers 😭

    I can see Demo and Blight but Nurse Legion and Nemi?? 💀💀

  • @Nebula said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3460652#Comment_3460652

    How is he anything like any of those killers 😭

    I can see Demo and Blight but Nurse Legion and Nemi?? 💀💀

    His whole infection power is the same as Nemi's, it delays a survivor considering they need to unlock chests, inject/spray. His m1 is the same as Legion and the same for the fact that he can vault pallets, instead of having to break them.

1 2 ›