Breaking hex totems is now considered a "cancerous" act?
Immediately after I broke this Hag's hex totem, she DC'd. I asked her why she DC'd and she said "cancer."
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Maybe she was getting looped by someone else? It's not all about you.
Neither are good enough reasons to DC either way.
She chased me to a jungle gym near the beginning and I mindgamed her, then she chased Claudette off somewhere. I'm not sure what happened in that one minute, but I don't know how it could be so toxic that she felt the need to DC.
Yeah, the typical killer player is kind of a crybaby who whines when things don't always go in his favour.
Just last week in three different games, I had at least two survivors quit the game before even 1 gen was finished. Super frustrating for both sides when a survivor teammate quits, because now I'm put in a position where I can either waste the next 15 minutes trying to be a nice guy and allowing the survivors to farm, or I can end the game and be considered a dick, when all I want is to move on to the next game.
But what can you do? It seems to me if they actually pit harsh bans on quiters, at least a quarter of this games population would be lost.
She doesn't quite yet understand that Hex perks are a gamble and that they 99% of the time will be destroyed some time during the match.
I hate killers like this.
"You broke my totem" DC
"You looped me" camped
"You crouched twice in a row that's a teabag" tunnel
Just means they are trash and will make excuse after excuse instead of facing the truth.
I broke her ruin within the first minute and found her devour hope 10 seconds after. She downed a survivor ( i was with 2 friends, she downed the unknown one ) and just kept hitting the person on the hook for the whole duration of his hook time. So my friends and i just did some gens. Once the person was dead, she DC'ed. This was on the Yakahoma map so it's so easy for killer there to kill all survivors with the 3 gen strat but apparently she got mad because we broke her totems so soon.
It's the risk you take with a totem built. Sometimes they last and you're overpowered for as long the totems are up, sometimes they get destroyed. But some killers are just so trash that they can't play without their precious totems.
you say this but i have at least 1 DC survivor every 2 games
Honestly, some people need to understand that their main priority as a killer is to kill people and prevent them from doing gens, not camping totems. 😕
If you break my totem as soon as the game started, it is obvious that I will DC. It's not your fault, it's the bad spawn system that the game has, and I DO NOT ACCEPT it.
Maybe their irl cancer was acting up.
I've had Billy's dc after I break the totem despite the fact they've sac'd 2 and there's only 1 gen done or 1 of the 2 is injured. The issue is you put all your bags in 1 basket and the basket broke so you rage quit. The same is true for NOED and DH, I've had killers rage quit the moment a hex totem is broken.
The funniest ones are the ones that rage quit when they hear the totem sound go off and it was their Haunted Ground totem. But because they only paid attention to the sound they assumed it's their Ruin so they quit.
Hex totems are HIGH RISK high reward and when they don't get destroyed not one of you comes here and complains about it. You've got no issues taking advantage of them when they stay up and you delay the game or get hooks and or sacrifices.
You are funny! lol!, break hex totems It is the easiest thing to do in the game, it does not even have the difficulty of the skill check. Haunted Ground ? Please! just hide! and don be ochido. If you find dificult the game, try claudette p3 with urban evasion.
MY GOD. Hex totems needs rework.
You completely missed what I said, I don't have an issue with it either way but certain killers do regardless of the timer on the totem. I don't find the game difficult at all unless I'm facing a 5 blink Nurse that knows what they're doing.
Pure BS. Take the L then and move on. You're just being a spoiled brat otherwise.
If I know you‘re SWF and I chase some off my totem and then immediately after while I’m still chasing, a SWF buddy breaks it, they’re getting hard patrolled.
If you break my totem in front of me, it’s probably a face camp depending on how the match is going. If there are 4-5 gens left and I can spare some time, it’s the face camp.
You're chilling in the fog minding your own business when four sweaty hoodlums come along and start vandalizing your property.
I'm not surprised she disconnected.
Ok we get it, you are a salty killer who punishes survivors for doing their objectives and use any excuse to camp.
Exactly. Hypocrisy at its finest....or ignorance. Either one.
It's funny that people magically get rage quitters so often or that they get the 4 man sef sweaty tryhard groups so often all with DS etc. The exaggerations on both side are beyond hilarious especially when it's used to justify an argument.
To make it even funnier some of the people complaining about survivors dcing so often will lobby dodge anything they don't like or disconnect in game if they find it's wf or their totem gets destroyed.
True but there's a lot of killers who are sensible when things dont go their way.
Rage quitters are VERY common. As are multiple DS (though not sure about 4 man swf).
Yeah. I call them: weak ass killers or newbies.
Its even funnier with NOED. The amount of times the game has picked a totem right next to where the last gen was done is ridiculous, even when multiple totems are still standing.
I dont blame the survivors but I do think the spawn points are rigged.
No, the totems are just broken that's all. There should be a risk to bringing a hex perk, but the fact that survivors spawn right next to it most of the time and they haven't been fixed is stupid.
ITS



JUST
A
GAME
LMFAO By this logic, if you are a Doctor or Wraith I'm going out of my way to troll you and take your game hostage. God forbid someone just plays the game right?
The Dead Sea called. They want their salt back.
i've disconnected probably 3 times ever, each for legitimate real life reasons
Well you're an exception then at least but on average there's something about hex totems even when they've been up for several minutes and the killer has gotten either hooks or sacrifices makes them instantly rage quit.
However, the game should be able to tell when it crashed and don't count that as a DC while not punishing you. I don't think there is a way to abuse this so this can be one way to tell the difference between an accidental DC and actual DC.
Me and @chemical_reject had a match against the Trapper and he spent the entire match protecting Ruin on the Haddonfield map. #GOODTIMES
I can guess how that match went for the killer 😂
I faced a Doctor on one of the Coldwind maps about 6 months or so ago and his ruin totem was in a little enclosure. He protected that like a vicious guard dog and wouldn't stray more than 10 feet away ever, so we just powered through the gens and the gates got powerd.
We killed all his other totems off and I can't remember if he had NOED or not but this one person really wanted his tem and after getting smacked a bunch it got killed but he got sac'd. The person didn't care because the totem got destroyed and he'd pipped anyways.
Sometimes I run Thrill of The Hunt for the extra Hunt points but it's pointless because Survivors love shiny things. Once I was playing Doctor and the whole match these two Survivors were desperatley trying to destroy my only totem that had no impact on their game whatsoever, it got three of them killed and one escaped. The person who finally destroyed it I left to bleed out because I was so pissed off. Yeah you could say that the whole thing was an advantage and I would agree with you completely, if the Survivor who destroyed my totem didn't message me afterwards taunting me because he destroyed my poor totem, he thought it was hilarious and had to rub it in. That's cancerous/Toxic, but what you described in your match isn't, they just can't handle the loss of their totem and they need to get good or stop using them.
sometimes i wish there were no chat options in this game ... killer side or survivor side. One of the things I loved about the "souls" games ... people had to go out of their way to trash talk, otherwise most people didnt feel it was worth it..
You should play on console then, no chat there.
Yeah, I get annoyed when mine are broken 5 secs into the game, but I always know there is a chance that will happen, and you cant dc for that. When it comes the hexes, its just the way it is.
Swfs are usually in party chat, and can invite you on the fly to join if you aren't in the SWF.
And unless you have access blocked, they can still message you.
I don't think what you guys understand conversations most of the time.
He isn't condoning survivor DC's, he's condemning Killer DCs.
There is no hypocricy at all, he doesn't give an opinion and then say "Oh but I think it's ok that survivors DC". He just doesn't give his opinion on it at all.
You don't HAVE to say "I hate killer dcs & survivor dcs" everytime the topic comes up, he can simply state killers dcing is bad and that doesn't mean he thinks survivors dcs are good.