Breaking hex totems is now considered a "cancerous" act?
Immediately after I broke this Hag's hex totem, she DC'd. I asked her why she DC'd and she said "cancer."
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I've always laughed when I only ran NOED and I'd have all 5 totems up and then go to check the gates and see it chose one near an exit gate. It'd of course be facing the survivors running towards said exit gate and be against a rock, tree or wall and in plain sight.
There would be times it'd stay hidden but those were much rarer but on the positive side i always knew where survivors would go when they wanted to kill it haha.
I sometimes run a Full Hex build on the Hag and I have never DC'd due to someone breaking my totems, quickly or not. Because it is the (huge) risk you run when using Hex perks.
However, I have experienced, too many times Killers DCing just because they think they are entitled to their Totems not being cleansed... or something. Hell, experiencing it once is too many.
So who in here is being a hyprocrit then?
Probably will (play on console) since i have all settings on private anyway...
>
We just kept attacking it from separate sides and kept him occupied the whole match.
I hate seeing either side rewarded like that.
Use my strat.
Dying Light 3.
Once they pop Ruin.
Tunnel the obsession.
Easy win.
But 9/10 survivors just DC, I don't even have the chance to hook them for BBQ...there goes my 25% stack and the other survivors are screwed.
Why do they rage quit?
Am I not allowed to check the basement?
You clearly don't know how to play as a killer then. Hexes are not meant to stay during the whole match, they are meant to slow down the game.
If i can get 1 or 2 hooks before they get rid of the (let's say) ruin i'll be more than happy, if not, i'll just deal with it. And yes, i agree that devs should fix the totems placement.
You know what will happen if you camp totems? I'll repair gens while you camp them and it will be as useless for you as losing the totem right away.
I never used Ruin except for the adept still could 4k at rank 1, it's all about how you apply pressure. If you're depending on a totem then you're taking a leap of faith.
If you really don't like to rely on hex totems then change your build till they fix them.
What do you need to know about DH?
Totems placement should be fixed.
Once they fix it it's your choice to camp DH or not.
You camp it? Probably you won't get a single hook, thus you won't be able to use it
You don't? You'll have more chances to use DH.
DH, if it goes of, lasts till the end. That's the whole idea if that totem. That's why we
DH, if it goes of, lasts till the end. That's the whole idea if that totem. That's why we need a fix for totems. Otherwise just run ruin and haunted grounds if you want.
A sample size of one means nothing. One killer wasn't have a good time and rage quit. Big deal.
existing is cancerous to the other player.
I always thought it was weird when Survivors would message me before the match started, when I'm the Killer. How do you find out who the Killer is before the match even starts?
On console?
Press and Hold Home.
Go to Dead by Daylight.
Who I'm Playing With.
If the names don't match the survivors you're with, it's the killer.
Maybe someone already mentioned it (I read the first post and part of the first page):
But maybe he actually has cancer, started the game, got in, and then started feeling really sick/nauseus/vertigo...And couldn't finish the match?
Or maybe taking care of someone that has cancer and needed to dc to go help?
This must be a PS4 thing because on Xbox the killer doesn't show up in recent players until about 2 minutes into the trial.
Back when I first started playing killer, when I was a survivor main. I had no idea how frustrating survivors could be. SWF with a sleeper rank 2 and rank 3 vs lvl 16 killer learning the ropes. Seconds in, BOOM Ruin gone, rank 2 looping and teabagging, rank 3 flashlight blinding, 2 gens done, nobody on hook....screw this. Not fun at all.
Match making is so messed up. Mid-level killers should not have to play vs high rank killers. Now, I know to ignore the guy who wants to be chased. Find the weakest link, lure the looper in to a trap.
Now, I just play to have fun. I don't care.
Hex totems are way too binary. You either have it or you don't, but when you lose it there is no way to regain it or have a diminished version of it instead of simply being on/off. Hexes have been an issue since Hag dropped and with new hex perks added it has only made the system stick out that much worse. Personally, I'd love to see the whole system reworked to be less dominating against survivors, but as less binary for the killer. Currently, losing a hex is a handicapping factor and if you're going for a full hex build you can end up perkless which is very severe handicap.
So when you lose them they can be cancerous on top of Dstrike which STILL needs to be sorted out. If not for the fact that Ruin is so powerful and so necessary at high level play I doubt killers would worry with hex perks. It would have been better to give both survivors and killers the ability to build their own totems as a resource rather than tie them to perks in the way they have.
She probably got tired of hex perks being useles. I can understand that tbh
Do you come on the forums and complain when said hex perks don't get destroyed and you get a 3 or 4k game because they were up?