Ok everyone the next chapter is almost upon us. What do you think the chapter is and what perks?

Me personally I hope for another original chapter. They are better to me as it expands the universe and lore.

I really hope ther are new perks to change the meta and a new boon perk. I feel they are forgotten about.

What do you think?

Comments

  • @jordywordy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3339248#Comment_3339248

    I agree it would of course be more comical, but to me personally, someone like the Trickster is extremely comical. I get that some people like him but to me he just seems very silly, lackluster, and unappealing tbh.

    To each their own I suppose. I am looking at it more from the simple fact that someone like Chucky is an icon and has an entire legacy all his own, so I highly doubt the majority would have a problem seeing him confirmed.

    I actually think tricksters ascetic works. I think it more plays into the fear of things that are seemingly innocent when things are actually more darker. It explorse the idea that you don't really know a person's true colors.

    With Chucky he is a well know horror icon I guess. But to me I never really look at Chucky and be scared I more remember him because he is funny not scary. Chucky and the whole series is more a comedy then a horror. But that's just my opinion

  • @jordywordy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3339261#Comment_3339261

    The very first 3 Child's Play films are pure horror. There is very little, if any, comedic value. Watch those again sometime. It's very easy to forget that after watching the newer movies. :) I also wouldn't count any of Chucky's one liners as comedy. It's simply his way of expressing himself as an evil human being.

    I could be remembering it wrong. It has been a while since I watched the movie

  • @jordywordy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3339226#Comment_3339226

    You sound pretty confident it'll never happen. Sounds like you are more uninformed than anything. Even Mathieu Cote himself said in an interview. Chucky would work just fine in terms of hooking and carrying a Survivor. So...yes Chucky would work. Pinhead never puts his arm in the DBD "carry" pose a SINGLE TIME in the entire Hellraiser franchise and yet he does it in this game.. Not very true to the characters mannerisms, but again its still in the game.. Chucky would be no different. They'll put him in eventually even if to just shut down all that "he's too small' ######### I bet.

    If we're invoking Cote he was pretty down on Chucky last anything was said. "Would you really wanna play as Victor the entire match?" Was how he put it.

  • Lead Character DBD artist tweeted that "there are going to be very happy people soon" so I think because of that the chapter will be licenced, and it might be either Fnaf, Stranger thing or Friday the 13, that's the most requested things I've noticed the community wants as a number 1 priority, I don't think he would be saying that if the chapter was original since there is much more hype around licence ip

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3339260#Comment_3339260

    I actually think tricksters ascetic works. I think it more plays into the fear of things that are seemingly innocent when things are actually more darker. It explorse the idea that you don't really know a person's true colors.

    With Chucky he is a well know horror icon I guess. But to me I never really look at Chucky and be scared I more remember him because he is funny not scary. Chucky and the whole series is more a comedy then a horror. But that's just my opinion

    You aren't afraid of dolls, I get it. Lots and lots and lots of other people are. So.. yep. What is scary or aesthetically horror captivating to you may not be to others.

  • @Xendritch said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3339236#Comment_3339236

    If we're invoking Cote he was pretty down on Chucky last anything was said. "Would you really wanna play as Victor the entire match?" Was how he put it.

    He may have said that, but I bet you anything Chucky's name is on that short list Cote always talks about as well. I'd say after Jason makes it in, everyone is going to have eyes directly on Chucky. No matter how long it takes, I can see it happening down the line. Will FNAF happen before Chucky? That is the big question. I'd like both so whichever comes first, I'll welcome it.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3339217#Comment_3339217

    Victor is attacking not caring survivors and putting them on hooks and kicking generators. He is basically an attack. I really don't think it would work

    With all the voodoo stuff he has it really wouldn't be hard. The Twins could have 100% been Chucky and Tiffany. so it's certainly possible

    The biggest and only problem chucky probably has is getting the licence tbh.

  • @jordywordy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3339267#Comment_3339267

    You aren't afraid of dolls, I get it. Lots and lots and lots of other people are. So.. yep. What is scary or aesthetically horror captivating to you may not be to others.

    Yeah fear is subjective and what's scary to someone else may not be scary to me. I get this. I'm not even saying the dolls are or aren't scary. I think it possibly could work. Just not Chucky.

    If it was anyone else then Yeah but Chucky has lost all its scare factorr to be horror anymore. It's a comedy now imo.

    But hey if you want Chucky or Chucky like killer in the game then to each their own. I would much rather prefer an original doll killer then a licensed one

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3339220#Comment_3339220

    With all the voodoo stuff he has it really wouldn't be hard. The Twins could have 100% been Chucky and Tiffany. so it's certainly possible

    The biggest and only problem chucky probably has is getting the licence tbh.

    That's what I was thinking as well. Chucky would be quite a bit of work indeed. Plenty of new map options, he would need to be voiced by Brad Dourif for one liners of course (just like Pinhead has his voices), and they'd obviously have to make specific mechanics/animations so that he can interact correctly with everything. Chucky will definitely be quite a hurdle I'd imagine.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3339271#Comment_3339271

    Yeah fear is subjective and what's scary to someone else may not be scary to me. I get this. I'm not even saying the dolls are or aren't scary. I think it possibly could work. Just not Chucky.

    If it was anyone else then Yeah but Chucky has lost all its scare factorr to be horror anymore. It's a comedy now imo.

    But hey if you want Chucky or Chucky like killer in the game then to each their own. I would much rather prefer an original doll killer then a licensed one

    I also wouldn't mind an original doll Killer. :) Just give us a damn doll!

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3339239#Comment_3339239

    I personally don't want strangers things back either.

    Unpopular opinion strangers things chapter was mid at best

    Well, there's a reason thats unpopular.


    Good perks, popular characters, good Killer.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3339242#Comment_3339242

    Well, there's a reason thats unpopular.

    Good perks, popular characters, good Killer.

    Barely good perks. The only actually good perks are self aware and inner healing. Steve's perks are not that great.

    The only good thing was the killer and only 2 survivor perks

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3339308#Comment_3339308

    Barely good perks. The only actually good perks are self aware and inner healing. Steve's perks are not that great.

    The only good thing was the killer and only 2 survivor perks

    Surge is good. Mindbreaker is good. Inner Strength is good, Fixated is eh.

    Camaraderie is excellent. Second Wind is good. Babysitter and Better Together need a rework.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3339311#Comment_3339311

    Surge is good. Mindbreaker is good. Inner Strength is good, Fixated is eh.

    Camaraderie is excellent. Second Wind is good. Babysitter and Better Together need a rework.

    Second wind and Camaraderie are not good. It's always once in a blue moon you actually get use out of them

  • Hopefully it's another popular original theme just as the last was. A pirate themed chapter would be my pick, with a shipwreck containing several floors, a brigg and partially flooded compartments. Huge potential for a chapter like that.

    If its licensed, well I don't have many that I'm keen on. I prefer the originals way more. Think it'll be another gaming franchise that gets picked. They do have Candyman and Springtrapp up there sleeves which they could pull out at any time I feel, but not expecting that next time out.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3339312#Comment_3339312

    Second wind and Camaraderie are not good. It's always once in a blue moon you actually get use out of them

    The amount of times I've seen camaraderie save someone's ass in comp is very high.

    Second Wind is also pretty good, imo. I use it a lot.

  • I think a licensed chapter this time around

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3339312#Comment_3339312

    Second wind and Camaraderie are not good. It's always once in a blue moon you actually get use out of them

    If you're in a SWF kinship is actually bonkers good. Second Wind is nice too, not amazing but it's definitely good if you can coordinate it. Steve is basically the comp survivor.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    Me personally I hope for another original chapter. They are better to me as it expands the universe and lore.

    I really hope ther are new perks to change the meta and a new boon perk. I feel they are forgotten about.

    What do you think?

    Boon: Reverse Ruin. All generators not currently being repaired automatically repair themselves at 100/150/200% speed

  • @Xendritch said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3339313#Comment_3339313

    If you're in a SWF kinship is actually bonkers good. Second Wind is nice too, not amazing but it's definitely good if you can coordinate it. Steve is basically the comp survivor.

    @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3339313#Comment_3339313

    The amount of times I've seen camaraderie save someone's ass in comp is very high.

    Second Wind is also pretty good, imo. I use it a lot.

    I can never get it to work. It's like deliverence I'm always hooked first when I put it on

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3339271#Comment_3339271

    Yeah fear is subjective and what's scary to someone else may not be scary to me. I get this. I'm not even saying the dolls are or aren't scary. I think it possibly could work. Just not Chucky.

    If it was anyone else then Yeah but Chucky has lost all its scare factorr to be horror anymore. It's a comedy now imo.

    But hey if you want Chucky or Chucky like killer in the game then to each their own. I would much rather prefer an original doll killer then a licensed one

    Curse of Chucky was pretty effective as straight horror.

    With that said, it would be hilarious to see Jennifer Tilly (as Jennifer Tilly) and / or Redman (as Redman) as the Survivors, even if the grown-up kid from the first trilogy would be more obvious.

  • Xenomorph. Combo of Pig and Nemesis. Stealth and a facehugger mechanic. Tail whip attack. I'd actually accept an indoor map if it was a space station.

  • @icedrake402 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3339279#Comment_3339279

    Curse of Chucky was pretty effective as straight horror.

    With that said, it would be hilarious to see Jennifer Tilly (as Jennifer Tilly) and / or Redman (as Redman) as the Survivors, even if the grown-up kid from the first trilogy would be more obvious.

    I could be completely wrong. I stopped watching Chucky after the stupid family Chucky movie.

  • Try Second Wind with WMI, I use that combo a lot and it's pretty good.

    Camaraderie is only good in SWF though. Not worth it in solos.

  • Myself, I'm kind of neutral in my lean whether I'm hoping for an original or licensed killer. I love original characters' lore and abilities, but I also love seeing recognizable characters in a game I regularly play. The most recent licensed killer I have any real familiarity with their franchise was Pinhead. I'd only ever seen The Ring, not Ringu yet, and I know virtually nothing about Resident Evil. So it would be neat for there to be a licensed killer where I actually know what their deal is from their original content, but I'm just as happy with an original character.

    The only licensed character I can really think of that I'm curious will be introduced is Slenderman, but that's mostly just nostalgia talking. Michael Myers and Pinhead kind of fill the gameplay role Slenderman would have, I feel like, with their stalking and "hands off" approach at breaking pallets and such, respectively. So I'm not sure what they'd do with Slenderman that doesn't make him too similar to other killers, but still keeps the spirit of his lore and such intact.

    I'd also love to see the Headless Horseman. I admit, I'm not too familiar with the original story, having grown up with the movie Sleepy Hollow. But I feel like either interpretation of the Headless Horseman would be amazing if done right!

    As for original characters, well, the possibilities are endless and so are the neat ideas associated with them. But two ideas do come to mind that I'd love to see:

    A killer whose backstory and power revolves heavily around fire. Maybe a firefighter who died in the line of duty. Maybe a pyromaniac who, after not being embraced by his village, burned it down to feel its warmth. The Wraith and Freddy obviously have aspects of their backstories that involve fire, but that doesn't really manifest in either of their powers. It would be neat to have a fire-starting killer or just a killer whose power visually resembles fire. Maybe those fire barrels in certain maps could actually be useful from a gameplay mechanic standpoint. Who knows!

    Conversely, I think a frozen or ice killer would be amazing, too! Maybe a prehistoric man who died of hypothermia (because honestly, I feel like this game could really benefit from killers who are from thousands of years ago.) Just the frozen aesthetic would look really neat, I think. Also, it would be interesting if the killer could somehow make the survivors' body temperatures drop. This could translate to debuffs for the survivors or just visual effects that might make it easier for the killer to locate them. Maybe freezing survivors would be frost-covered, or their breaths puff visibly and maybe even more audibly in the cold. I think that could be really neat! As for the killer themselves, I don't know what their power would be like, really, aside from extreme cold being their central theme.

    I'd also love to see a soldier of some kind. Military uniforms are aesthetically pleasing to me and having a killer run around in uniform would be neat to see! :)

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3339339#Comment_3339339

    Try Second Wind with WMI, I use that combo a lot and it's pretty good.

    Camaraderie is only good in SWF though. Not worth it in solos.

    Believe me I tried that but the killer always managed to come back to the hook faster enough before I van get the heal off

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3339362#Comment_3339362

    Believe me I tried that but the killer always managed to come back to the hook faster enough before I van get the heal off

    Ah well that's unlucky

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3339239#Comment_3339239

    I personally don't want strangers things back either.

    Unpopular opinion strangers things chapter was mid at best

    That is a hot take lol, but each to their own. Tbh I think the content is great, demo is a very fun balanced killer. And steve is a cool survivor. Really wish I'd played the game before it left, I managed to get a physical copy to access demo, steve and nancy but I've never been able to buy cosmetics for them or try out the hawkins lab map. A lot of people rave about it.

  • I want a Dead Space chapter with a Necromorph killer!

  • Dang didn't have to call us out like that

  • maybe a perk that buffs you once a teammate dies

  • I think it would be kinda funny if this chapter ended up being a Meet Your Maker chapter. The open beta is going on right now, maybe BHVR might try to promote their new game by tying a new chapter into it.

  • Damn, a new chapter again already?

    It feels like it hasn't even been that long since knight since he is still such a hot topic on the forums.

    Once again reminds me how fast bhvr churns out new content instead of making sure old stuff is fixed.

  • @burt0r said:

    Damn, a new chapter again already?

    It feels like it hasn't even been that long since knight since he is still such a hot topic on the forums.

    Once again reminds me how fast bhvr churns out new content instead of making sure old stuff is fixed.

    Yeah to be honest it does feel soon. But I'm kinda here for it. Anything to change the game

  • Something outside the box. Something new, different and fun. That’s all I ever want.

  • It's got to be original at this point. The last couple of licensed chapters were announced months in advance.

  • If it’s an original killer, can I get that giant spider that’s been hinted at becoming a killer?

1 2 ›