Eruption is overtuned

This perk is the bane of solo-q survivors you are incapacitated for 25secs and the perk itself has a 30 second cooldown. Also you can proc it by downing someone by any means. The cool down is so short that by the time you down someone hook them and get to a gen it’s ready for to go.

i feel the cooldown needs to be longer or the incapacitated needs to be shorter

And even as killer this perk has won me games that I should not have because I held a 3 gen with eruption and SH:Pain Res as my only slow downs

and those games can go on for long time especially if the survivors have Boon:Circle Of Healing

Comments

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3262847#Comment_3262847

    People who refuse to speak up and offer feedback are the reason we get games like OW2.

    Likewise, if you're such a veteran, you should know better than to resort to tribalism for petty insults.

    I am not famous for insults. Your feedback is surely appreciated and you dont have to report that to me. As I have written above. I dont think it is sane to promote this mentality OVER UNDERSTANDING HOW PERKS WORK, and find a way to handle them in game.

    I suggested the solution. You are free to play this game completely not cooperating and communicating, but you shouldnt expact that the game should be balanced around that.

    Nerfing Eruption would just make it completely useless, like the other perks nerfed.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    The very things people whine about Eruption for is exactly what it is meant to do.

    what, inflate kill rates with solo players?

  • @Rogue11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3262210#Comment_3262210

    Can't wait for a survivor perk that takes away the killer's ability to attack for 25 seconds. It'll be a great thing, because it's unique and ill type it in caps.

    You just described all chase extender perks.

  • Are you saying solo survivors are less capable of independent thought? Because literally all you have to do to counter Eruption is tap the gen so it stops regressing, leave it if you think the killer's kicked it, work on a nearby gen in the meantime, and then go back to it once someone has been downed. And trust me, there are many times where the cooldown was too long. It's not as if the killer doesn't spend time walking around to kick all the gens either. Eruption is not for free.

  • @Cyber_Atlas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3262843#Comment_3262843

    Nemesis is a very famous 2022 released killer. It's not like Eruption has been peacefully used in the past years. I started to play the game this year and I cannot replicate a build I see on youtube because every time I tried to I experienced

    - I farm for Ruin, Ruin gets nerfed to the ground

    -I farm for Thana, boom, trash

    Now you guys no lifing this game since ages have all your game history of why this and that had to change and so on. Me trying to have fun and not take this game like it is the most important thing of my life, every time I try something I get people complaining about it. Killers too strong... nerf this, nerf that. I just can't stand it :') can you let the developers do their thing

    (Ruin and Thana nerfs are ''ok'', I adapt. What is not ok is the mentality of calling for nerfs)

    But that is bound to happen while balancing a game. Some perks we can enjoy using are overpowered or can be abused in certain situations are nerfed.

    On a personal level, i loved the old hatch mechanic. As a soloQ player, i had a lot of fun in some games where i could grasp a last minute escape by running with 2 random teammates with a key in my hand. Yet at some point SWF started abusing this mechanic by spamming blueprints and map offerings and it was nerfed, almost killswitched.

    Although i always hope that bhvr can actually bring back the old hatch with some restrictions, i understand that at the time it was nerfed it was overpowered.

    Ruin and thana got the same treatment.

    Ruin was very oppresive in maps where totems were difficult to spot(like the swamp).

    Thana for me was victim of being a strong, easy to use slowdown in a whole slowdown/regressing meta, which was nerfed to prevent gens taking forever in combination with other perks.

  • @Cyber_Atlas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3262843#Comment_3262843

    Nemesis is a very famous 2022 released killer. It's not like Eruption has been peacefully used in the past years. I started to play the game this year and I cannot replicate a build I see on youtube because every time I tried to I experienced

    - I farm for Ruin, Ruin gets nerfed to the ground

    -I farm for Thana, boom, trash

    Now you guys no lifing this game since ages have all your game history of why this and that had to change and so on. Me trying to have fun and not take this game like it is the most important thing of my life, every time I try something I get people complaining about it. Killers too strong... nerf this, nerf that. I just can't stand it :') can you let the developers do their thing

    (Ruin and Thana nerfs are ''ok'', I adapt. What is not ok is the mentality of calling for nerfs)

    So much for those positive vibes, eh? Calling players who have put more time into the game than you 'no lifers'.

    So, you are a casual player, undoubtedly unaware of how much this perk even affects the majority of the games it is used in.

    At the casual mmr you are at why are you even speaking on this issue? It doesn't affect you. As killer you can sneeze on survivors and they will die. You don't need to worry about any perk metas, so why try to suggest things are fine when you don't understand why they aren't fine?

    The mentality of 'it doesn't have anything to do with me, so it is fine,' is not okay.

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3262483#Comment_3262483

    You say like kicking a gen is a huge commitment of time lol. You usually kick gens after hooking a survivor and while patrolling gens, it's not that big of a deal and it gives you huge value when you eventually get a down with Eruption. Killers like Wesker and Blight can literally kick gens mid chase and not even lose distance.

    One of the reasons why Eruption was so bad pre-change was that M1 Killers would have to walk to the opposite sides of the map to kick a gen, for little reward.

    We can nerf Eruption so that it doesn't work in 3 gens, that's a fair change for sure... but then it should be buffed so that it works on SWF so solo isn't unfairly touched anymore.

    The Incapitation IS the slowdown. Touch that and the perk becomes bad again.

    Literally everyone complaining and wanting the numbers toned down while wanting the regression turned up, thinking that's a good trade-off, just demonstrates they don't understand what makes the perk good.

  • @Omans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3262852#Comment_3262852

    So much for those positive vibes, eh? Calling players who have put more time into the game than you 'no lifers'.

    So, you are a casual player, undoubtedly unaware of how much this perk even affects the majority of the games it is used in.

    At the casual mmr you are at why are you even speaking on this issue? It doesn't affect you. As killer you can sneeze on survivors and they will die. You don't need to worry about any perk metas, so why try to suggest things are fine when you don't understand why they aren't fine?

    The mentality of 'it doesn't have anything to do with me, so it is fine,' is not okay.

    There is nothing good about making posts where you all search approval from each other. No one of you guys wishing for another perk nerf is bringing any relevant math or even attempting calculations. Or suggesting any actual change. You just want it erased. I expressed myself in those terms after you had me repeating myself all over again, making personal statements. Which must be typical of forums. There is nothing personal (love you all).


    That said. While I am a casual survivor who escapes 50-60% (so I consider myself casual, but not in a bad way), as a killer I generally get matchmaked with people with a total prestige level of between 70 and 150 (total, so 20 22 12 80). I am not unaware of game perks and how the game is played :)


    I use eruption and I play against many eruption users as it is a valid perk at the moment. As I said I play 60-70% of my time as a survivor. So if something was unsufferable I wouldn't like it as well. As far of my experience, when we coordinate eruption is never enough to change anything for the killer. We never lost because of that, that I can recall. But I do not play as soloq. I also don't claim to be rappresentative of this community. Neither as a killer or a survivor.


    I made a point on why killers perks are rightfully strong and I expressed suggestions on how to counter eruption. Everything else is you giga smartasses baiting reactions

  • People are allowed to suggest that double standards exist. You can't just claim that all double standards are invalid arguments.

  • I'm almost certain they are going to nerf it, it's too much of a crutch for killers right now.

  • @Cyber_Atlas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3262899#Comment_3262899

    There is nothing good about making posts where you all search approval from each other. No one of you guys wishing for another perk nerf is bringing any relevant math or even attempting calculations. Or suggesting any actual change. You just want it erased. I expressed myself in those terms after you had me repeating myself all over again, making personal statements. Which must be typical of forums. There is nothing personal (love you all).

    That said. While I am a casual survivor who escapes 50-60% (so I consider myself casual, but not in a bad way), as a killer I generally get matchmaked with people with a total prestige level of between 70 and 150 (total, so 20 22 12 80). I am not unaware of game perks and how the game is played :)

    I use eruption and I play against many eruption users as it is a valid perk at the moment. As I said I play 60-70% of my time as a survivor. So if something was unsufferable I wouldn't like it as well. As far of my experience, when we coordinate eruption is never enough to change anything for the killer. We never lost because of that, that I can recall. But I do not play as soloq. I also don't claim to be rappresentative of this community. Neither as a killer or a survivor.

    I made a point on why killers perks are rightfully strong and I expressed suggestions on how to counter eruption. Everything else is you giga smartasses baiting reactions

    "I do not play as soloq"

    Enough said.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3262454#Comment_3262454

    People are allowed to suggest that double standards exist. You can't just claim that all double standards are invalid arguments.

    Just because you can't deal with DH doesn't make it OP.

    You took a discussion about Eruption being overtuned (not OP) and instead said, "well, dh is too strong :( so we can't change eruption"

    Screenshot_20221112-224023_Samsung Internet.jpg


  • Yes indeed. I did not say I was rappresentative of that. But can the game be balanced around this? https://youtu.be/u-1p-05ALs4

  • I say one last thing on this post hoping that it is taken in the right way. Instead of asking for an Eruption nerf, why don't you focus on quality of the game improvements?


    Something I personally hope to see implemented for all of you guys that enjoy to play alone as a survivor is an in game voice chat. As more or less we agreed that Eruption is not "not balanced" for people saying on call when they are about to go down*, how about you ask more for an in game communication method? :)

    Eruption is just one of the perks very punishing for soloq's.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3263000#Comment_3263000

    Just because you can't deal with DH doesn't make it OP.

    You took a discussion about Eruption being overtuned (not OP) and instead said, "well, dh is too strong :( so we can't change eruption"

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/GR4I7IE4ZNDR/screenshot-20221112-224023-samsung-internet.jpg

    It was a response to the comment "Imagine there was a survivor perk that after every gen was completed you couldn't M1 for 25ish seconds." I noticed you didn't scream whataboutism for that comment. Why not? That wasn't whataboutism?

  • @Brokenbones said:

    The only counterplay to Eruption is to either be in a SWF who are in constant communication and even then that's not always enough or you need to be psychic to know the instant when someone's about to go down

    Even if I know the Killer has eruption and I'm trying to get a gen done that has it, there's nothing I can do to avoid the incapacitated penalty unless I'm one of the two things I listed above. Eruptions cooldown is also so minimal that by the time the penalty has wore off, the killer's already hooked who they downed and can come back and apply it again

    Also kicking generators isn't hard whatsoever, we're in the gen kicking meta right now where perks like call of brine reign supreme

    So the introduction, no, the buff of this one perk suddenly allows the killer the time to go around kicking all the gens and still win? I swear nobody thinks of the killer pov of this perk, or any perk for that matter. "JUST kick the gens."

  • How many times are y'all gonna use that line which no killer player has ever said?

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3262508#Comment_3262508

    So the introduction, no, the buff of this one perk suddenly allows the killer the time to go around kicking all the gens and still win? I swear nobody thinks of the killer pov of this perk, or any perk for that matter. "JUST kick the gens."

    its just like pain res, "just hook the survivor".

  • I got an idea! Survivor perk, when gen completed killer is unable to use ability or swing weapon for 25 seconds! Yeah that's not annoying as hell is it!?

  • As long as toolboxes, PT etc is in the game killers need strong regression perks. And I say this as solo survivor. Gens do still fly in this game.

  • People are really saying here is that they want to be able to do generators uninterrupted as fast as possible and leave every game with no consequence. That’s really what it comes down to. People would rather have an easy game each time than to actually have to play around anything.


    same people that are here saying that there’s no counter play to Eruption are the same people that complain about any killer using Lightborn to counter their flickering flashlights.


    The only thing I noticed with all of this is people wanting the game to be easier for themselves so that they can win each and every time. It literally is meant to be that you will only win about 50% of the time. I’ve played against eruption plenty and I don’t even have it on any of my killers yet. It is not game breaking whatsoever. What is game breaking is getting something changed to benefit yourself.


    this is exactly what happened with the other asymmetrical survival horror game that had forums. The people who had the team complained that it was too hard for them to win and troll like they wanted to each and every game and what happened to that game? Oh that’s right the devs gave up on it.

  • @Omans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3262281#Comment_3262281

    Except it is decimating solos and carrying games hard for the killers who use it. Leaving Eruption in the state it is in is not an option.

    I don't care what some people say about SWF being able to counter it. I have been playing this game for years, and it is easily in the top 10, maybe top 5 of most broken perks that have been released.

    "nerfing swf" by nerfing a single perk is not a good idea. With your suggestion killers will continue to get wins carried by an overtuned perk. Not good.

    What the real problem here is killer getting wins at all. That’s what everyone of these complaints boils down to. Is the fact that people don’t win every single game. They don’t get to stream on YouTube or twitch and show everybody how “great” they are or how much of a troll they are because they actually have to do something in the game that requires a strategy and skill.

  • @PuddleOfBludd said:

    People are really saying here is that they want to be able to do generators uninterrupted as fast as possible and leave every game with no consequence. That’s really what it comes down to. People would rather have an easy game each time than to actually have to play around anything.

    same people that are here saying that there’s no counter play to Eruption are the same people that complain about any killer using Lightborn to counter their flickering flashlights.

    The only thing I noticed with all of this is people wanting the game to be easier for themselves so that they can win each and every time. It literally is meant to be that you will only win about 50% of the time. I’ve played against eruption plenty and I don’t even have it on any of my killers yet. It is not game breaking whatsoever. What is game breaking is getting something changed to benefit yourself.

    this is exactly what happened with the other asymmetrical survival horror game that had forums. The people who had the team complained that it was too hard for them to win and troll like they wanted to each and every game and what happened to that game? Oh that’s right the devs gave up on it.

    The problem is this perk is uncounterable for soloQ, you cant just decide not to repair because you cant have a random teammate tell you when he is going to fall. And the effect of 25sec incapacitated is too strong for being uncounterable.

    It is as simple as that

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3262508#Comment_3262508

    So the introduction, no, the buff of this one perk suddenly allows the killer the time to go around kicking all the gens and still win? I swear nobody thinks of the killer pov of this perk, or any perk for that matter. "JUST kick the gens."

    Kicking generators isn't hard

    The problem is kicking generators by default doesn't do much, not that it consumes too much time.

  • @Rovend said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3263350#Comment_3263350

    The problem is this perk is uncounterable for soloQ, you cant just decide not to repair because you cant have a random teammate tell you when he is going to fall. And the effect of 25sec incapacitated is too strong for being uncounterable.

    It is as simple as that

    It is counterable. Don’t immediately go back to a generator that was just kicked if you’re worried about that perk. It is very much able to be countered in this way. What you’re really saying is it’s not easily countered to where you can just go right back to working on the same generator without any worries.

  • @PuddleOfBludd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3263380#Comment_3263380

    It is counterable. Don’t immediately go back to a generator that was just kicked if you’re worried about that perk. It is very much able to be countered in this way. What you’re really saying is it’s not easily countered to where you can just go right back to working on the same generator without any worries.

    Just dont do gens lol?

  • I don’t know what games you’re playing where every single generator is constantly kicked. This would mean that the killer isn’t chasing anybody and therefore not downing anybody to have the perk cause any type of effect

  • @DashMonsta008XV said:

    Hey you know what is really overpowered,three boons, resurgence, reassurance, Jill's land mine, having to deal with 4 people running adrenaline,3 people running deadhead,no seriously I've had these type of games. But yeah Eruption is totally the problem.

    Survivors have so few perks of use that people on the forums have been reduced to complain about Resurgence and Blastmine, how upsetting.

  • @indieeden7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3262645#Comment_3262645

    Survivors have so few perks of use that people on the forums have been reduced to complain about Resurgence and Blastmine, how upsetting.

    Yeah....🙂those are annoying perks tho🤨 I can name , more then a few,I'm just naming current ones I run into also,I did name adrenalwin and swf DH team.

  • @PuddleOfBludd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3263380#Comment_3263380

    It is counterable. Don’t immediately go back to a generator that was just kicked if you’re worried about that perk. It is very much able to be countered in this way. What you’re really saying is it’s not easily countered to where you can just go right back to working on the same generator without any worries.

    But you dont always have the luxury of choosing not to repair that gen.

    Imagine if you are repairing a gen that has been kicked but it is at 70%. Would you choose not to repair it, risking a brine/overcharge leaving it to 0 in seconds?

    Or imagine when you need to repair only 1 or 2 gens left. The killer can kick half gens remaining and you cannot choose to abandon them as the killer is probably patroling the last gens and you cannot waste time.

    Lose-Lose situation

  • @Omans said:

    Eruption, Call of the Brine and Pain Resonance are three perks almost every killer brings almost every game. The latter two are fine on their own, but Eruption makes the combo of all three so, so obnoxious to play against.

    Eruption wins games for killers who may not deserve to win. It can carry that hard.

    It will be nerfed eventually, but the devs are really, really slow at balancing perks even if urgent balance changes need to happen.

    See I never knew lightborn was actually eruption, or distressing was a SH, not every killer is out to ruin your day

  • What games are you playing where every generator is constantly kicked? If that were the case the killer obviously isn’t chasing anybody and therefore not downing anybody for this perk to have any effect

  • @Rovend said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3263350#Comment_3263350

    The problem is this perk is uncounterable for soloQ, you cant just decide not to repair because you cant have a random teammate tell you when he is going to fall. And the effect of 25sec incapacitated is too strong for being uncounterable.

    It is as simple as that

    Exactly. It's literally about an unfair amount if negative impact for the lack if information available.

    Scourge hooks have a similar outcome... but if you're paying attention you can at least avoid being revealed.


    Eruption is unpredictable, and more impactful which is way more unbalanced.

  • @PuddleOfBludd said:

    People are really saying here is that they want to be able to do generators uninterrupted as fast as possible and leave every game with no consequence. That’s really what it comes down to. People would rather have an easy game each time than to actually have to play around anything.

    same people that are here saying that there’s no counter play to Eruption are the same people that complain about any killer using Lightborn to counter their flickering flashlights.

    The only thing I noticed with all of this is people wanting the game to be easier for themselves so that they can win each and every time. It literally is meant to be that you will only win about 50% of the time. I’ve played against eruption plenty and I don’t even have it on any of my killers yet. It is not game breaking whatsoever. What is game breaking is getting something changed to benefit yourself.

    this is exactly what happened with the other asymmetrical survival horror game that had forums. The people who had the team complained that it was too hard for them to win and troll like they wanted to each and every game and what happened to that game? Oh that’s right the devs gave up on it.

    That's an incredibly selective reading of replies to this thread. Borderline disingenuous. Players have laid out why it's overtuned: lack of meaningful counterplay and the unfun nature of the perk. Something is overtuned when it forces a 3 gen by itself or forces survivors to 3 gen themselves in trying to play around it. It's not about having easy games. It's about having rewarding games where one side isn't rewarded disproportionately and vice versa because of a perk.

  • Let's sum this up and be real here.


    Prove Thyself, Fast Track, Resilience. Toolboxes buffed by streetwise/built to last. THESE are all designed to increase gen repair speed.


    Eruption is a COUNTER to all of the ITEMS and PERKS that a SURVIVOR can play. So what is REALLY being asked for here is to have ZERO counters for YOUR buffs.

    Jolt, SH:PR etc are nothing but a MINOR INCONVENIENCE to survivors running these perks and carrying green/purple toolboxes. The regression is gained back in a matter of SECONDS. If two or more survivors are on a gen, it's almost laughable at what they actually lose.

    What is really being asked for is for there to be NO hinderance to you popping 4 gens in 5 minutes.

    Eruption is a COUNTER to the ITEMS and gen SPEED perks and that's the problem because something actually HINDERS you.

    SEVERAL things need to happen for Eruption to even activate.

    1. That gen must have been kicked
    2. The killer must chase and down a survivor
    3. Survivors must go back to kicked gen and be actively repairing it for the perk to have any effect

    You talk about having a "counterplay" to this perk when in all actuality IT is a counterplay to toolboxes and survivor perks that allow you to pop gens in mere minutes. You're not asking for balance, you're asking to have anything that doesn't allow you to coast through a game be reduced so that it is no longer a hinderance but a MINOR inconvenience.

    Instead of talking about strategies such as maybe idk NOT having 3 people on one gen with a rinse and repeat and instead pushing MULTIPLE gens as an ACTUAL counterplay, you ask for it to be nerfed so that you don't ACTUALLY have to use skill and strategy. Instead you can "LOL GIT GUD" when the perk is reduced so that it no longer at ALL hinders YOUR perks.

    It is absolutely mind boggling how you think that ANYTHING that POSSIBLY could help the killer in a 4 vs 1 scenario should be completely dredged into the ground so that it doesn't stop the "I'm so gud 4 gens popped bc killer sux and we're awesome" mindset that exists here. You ######### and whine for nerfs and then act like you're God when the devs cater to the whining.

    Eruption is perfectly playable against as is. You just have to form a STRATEGY. Stop asking for handouts because seriously it looks bad.

  • "OMG I have to wait 25 seconds to repair a gen. I can't IMMEDIATELY go back to it and negate the regression so I can teabag, something MUST be done about this! OMG!" 😩

  • ::cries that eruption stops you from doing anything for 25 seconds::

    :: thinks CoH that destroys entire killers and a playstyle is fair fun and balanced::

    - forum survivor mains

  • yea the perk is very problematic in my opinion too. Eruption is WAAAAAAY too black and white if you're playing against a swf vs if you're playing against duos and soloq players. Eruption is ether 10% regression or making each survivor hit by it effectively removed from the game for 25 seconds(and you still get the 10% regression lmao). Eruption when it works is probably the highest amount of slowdown from a perk in the history of the game. The perk does have downsides but the worse of the two of them are almost completely non-existent vs soloq, the other one being that you have to kick gens to set it up.

    you actually completely lose the right to whine about swfs if you run this perk, It is so unbelievely brutal against the already weakest thing in the game (soloq)

  • @Steakdabait said:

    yea the perk is very problematic in my opinion too. Eruption is WAAAAAAY too black and white if you're playing against a swf vs if you're playing against duos and soloq players. Eruption is ether 10% regression or making each survivor hit by it effectively removed from the game for 25 seconds(and you still get the 10% regression lmao). Eruption when it works is probably the highest amount of slowdown from a perk in the history of the game. The perk does have downsides but the worse of the two of them are almost completely non-existent vs soloq, the other one being that you have to kick gens to set it up.

    you actually completely lose the right to whine about swfs if you run this perk, It is so unbelievely brutal against the already weakest thing in the game (soloq)

    So, what you're saying is ... when you have the 3 on a gen rinse and repeat system going that it doesn't allow you to coast through popping gens. Oh yes, SUCH a problem. *sarcasm*

  • The funniest part about this is that I play survivor and killer pretty equally. I'm not a survivor main or a killer main. I see tForget that it is 4 vs 1hings from both sides and it really amuses me that people need things to be nixed in order for them to "have fun".


    Like wow, imagine if Mario Brothers was completely changed because it was "too hard" for some players.

    Hell, Paperboy was a HUGELY annoying game to beat until you figured it out. But imagine is because some players were bad, we just changed the whole game?

    Like, this is literally what is being asked for these days. It is absolutely born of the fact that "I can't win ALL of the time, make it so I can!"

    Forget that it is 4 vs 1, and don't touch MY perks that help me pop a gen faster. No no, NERF the perk that makes it ACTUALLY BALANCED and makes me actually have to play STRATEGICALLY. Wow ... just wow.

  • @PuddleOfBludd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3263890#Comment_3263890

    So, what you're saying is ... when you have the 3 on a gen rinse and repeat system going that it doesn't allow you to coast through popping gens. Oh yes, SUCH a problem. *sarcasm*

    This post right here shows that you clearly have absolutely no idea what you are even talking about.

    In what world are Survivors efficiently doing generators by 3 stacking them?

    Really????

  • @PuddleOfBludd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3263890#Comment_3263890

    So, what you're saying is ... when you have the 3 on a gen rinse and repeat system going that it doesn't allow you to coast through popping gens. Oh yes, SUCH a problem. *sarcasm*

    if you wanna bait post people tend to bite more on steamforums

  • I mean I can relate to all the points made here but we should talk about the real issue of this game:


    When is pig finally getting nerfed??

  • I read almost every post here and basically it sums up in 2 different opinions

    1) This perk is fine and has counter play just have a 3-4 man and call when you’re about to go down or survivors have this and that perks

    2)This perk is shouldn’t exist or needs a rework/nerf

    why i hate this perk when I see this perk on let’s just say a blight I know this game is gonna be long (context a blight and other killers with 4 gen perk including eruption held a 3 gen and those games went for roughly 30-45 minutes can go longer with Boon:COH out of 3-gen).

    My thoughts on opinion 1 most of the time I soloq and I don’t wanna bring hyper focus stake out prove thy self with overzealous with powerful tool box with built to last and street wise every game for a perk a killer my might bring

    my thoughts on opinion 2 I just feel that this perks needs it number tuned down a little like a shorter incapacitated duration and buff the regression to compensate

  • @Jackal7879 said:

    I read almost every post here and basically it sums up in 2 different opinions

    1) This perk is fine and has counter play just have a 3-4 man and call when you’re about to go down or survivors have this and that perks

    2)This perk is shouldn’t exist or needs a rework/nerf

    why i hate this perk when I see this perk on let’s just say a blight I know this game is gonna be long (context a blight and other killers with 4 gen perk including eruption held a 3 gen and those games went for roughly 30-45 minutes can go longer with Boon:COH out of 3-gen).

    My thoughts on opinion 1 most of the time I soloq and I don’t wanna bring hyper focus stake out prove thy self with overzealous with powerful tool box with built to last and street wise every game for a perk a killer my might bring

    my thoughts on opinion 2 I just feel that this perks needs it number tuned down a little like a shorter incapacitated duration and buff the regression to compensate

    3) the perk is purposely designed to be a surprise

    People realize this, right? You all realize this perk was designed to be a surprise, right? Do people really think BHVR expects everyone to be in a SWF? Do people really think BHVR overlooked this entire perk, and didn’t realize how it would function in solo q?

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3264286#Comment_3264286

    3) the perk is purposely designed to be a surprise

    People realize this, right? You all realize this perk was designed to be a surprise, right? Do people really think BHVR expects everyone to be in a SWF? Do people really think BHVR overlooked this entire perk, and didn’t realize how it would function in solo q?

    So many bad takes..

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3264286#Comment_3264286

    3) the perk is purposely designed to be a surprise

    People realize this, right? You all realize this perk was designed to be a surprise, right? Do people really think BHVR expects everyone to be in a SWF? Do people really think BHVR overlooked this entire perk, and didn’t realize how it would function in solo q?

    Well what about old 1st live Boon:COH when it was 100% it was supposed to heal you up pretty fast and act like a med kit it did what it was supposed to do and it got nerfed twice to 50% why was that. because killers complained,no because everyone knew this perk overtuned

    Old MOM 1st live release it was supposed to make you tank a hit and yet it got nerfed.why? Because it rewarded bad gameplay and everyone knew it was BS

    old undying gave hex perks more lives but it combined well with ruin and made it to were you’d have cleanse 4-5 bones to get rid off ruin and yet it got nerfed that perk did what it was supposed to do but on certain killers it became to oppressive

    Old no hook/1hook moris

    Old insta heals (could pick up someone from dying to healthy in well an instant)

    old iri head 5/3 hatchets

    omega blink nurse

    7-5 blink nurse (when nurse had 3 blinks base)

    nurse pre nerf

    old bnps (instant gen pop when used)

    release legion

    old DS

    all these perks and add ons or killers were designed a certain way or specific reason but everyone agreed that they were unhealthy for the game so they got balanced or nerfed or reworked because they were unhealthy for the game

  • @Veinslay said:

    ::cries that eruption stops you from doing anything for 25 seconds::

    :: thinks CoH that destroys entire killers and a playstyle is fair fun and balanced::

    - forum survivor mains

    Both perks are severely overtuned.

    I’ve already laid out several times in the past why Eruption is unfair but I won’t pretend CoH isn’t broken too because it is.

    @PuddleOfBludd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3263380#Comment_3263380

    It is counterable. Don’t immediately go back to a generator that was just kicked if you’re worried about that perk. It is very much able to be countered in this way. What you’re really saying is it’s not easily countered to where you can just go right back to working on the same generator without any worries.

    So…don’t go back to any of the 3 remaining generators after they’ve all been kicked by the killer, especially when Eruption (and probably Overcharge/CoB together too) possibly caused that 3 gen in the first place? While until recently I’ve mostly blamed survivors for 3-genning themselves outside of the most abysmal RNG or on certain maps, it really has gotten ridiculous how well you can force a 3 gen with these gen-kicking perks now.

    A perk in which the counterplay is to simply not play is a badly designed perk.

  • @Jackal7879 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3264305#Comment_3264305

    Well what about old 1st live Boon:COH when it was 100% it was supposed to heal you up pretty fast and act like a med kit it did what it was supposed to do and it got nerfed twice to 50% why was that. because killers complained,no because everyone knew this perk overtuned

    Old MOM 1st live release it was supposed to make you tank a hit and yet it got nerfed.why? Because it rewarded bad gameplay and everyone knew it was BS

    old undying gave hex perks more lives but it combined well with ruin and made it to were you’d have cleanse 4-5 bones to get rid off ruin and yet it got nerfed that perk did what it was supposed to do but on certain killers it became to oppressive

    Old no hook/1hook moris

    Old insta heals (could pick up someone from dying to healthy in well an instant)

    old iri head 5/3 hatchets

    omega blink nurse

    7-5 blink nurse (when nurse had 3 blinks base)

    nurse pre nerf

    old bnps (instant gen pop when used)

    release legion

    old DS

    all these perks and add ons or killers were designed a certain way or specific reason but everyone agreed that they were unhealthy for the game so they got balanced or nerfed or reworked because they were unhealthy for the game

    If people want to complain about eruption, then that’s fine. But arguing that eruption should be nerfed because it affects solo q more than SWF, isn’t a valid argument.

    For starters, it just means the solution is to make eruption give an AoE incapacitate, or make it incapacitate anyone that repaired an affected generator in the last X seconds, so that it affects solo q and SWFs a lot more equally.

    Everything is easier in a SWF, because voice communication breaks core game mechanics. But we shouldn’t be nerfing perks just because SWFs are playing in easy mode.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3264348#Comment_3264348

    If people want to complain about eruption, then that’s fine. But arguing that eruption should be nerfed because it affects solo q more than SWF, isn’t a valid argument.

    For starters, it just means the solution is to make eruption give an AoE incapacitate, or make it incapacitate anyone that repaired an affected generator in the last X seconds, so that it affects solo q and SWFs a lot more equally.

    Everything is easier in a SWF, because voice communication breaks core game mechanics. But we shouldn’t be nerfing perks just because SWFs are playing in easy mode.

    the devs can’t just ignore soloq it’s what makes the majority of their game that’s why they are trying to buff soloq to be close to swf because the “core game mechanics” are outdated because remember this was supposed to be a stealth/hide and seek game so soloq needs some QOL improvements and buffs before they make perks that heavily punishes them for just for being soloq

1 2 3 4