Things that shouldn't exist in now days dbd

I will name some and u guys can continue the list, name what it is, explain why it's stupid and propose a change to it:

Medkits: pressure killer, makes some strategies completely unviable, BY MILES the best item in the game. Either they should allow 1 self heal, nerf the speed to something like 24-32 seconds or just allow you to heal other teammates at a much hier speed something like 6 seconds.


Nurse: nurse


Eruption: being unable to do ######### for 25 seconds because the killer kicked a gen before is big bs, the perk need a big chance to be close to the other slow downs after the 6.1.0 update.


Keep going :)

Comments

  • Broken RNGs in maps favouring either side, they should be RNG, it is one of the game features, but should be limited to an extent.

  • Bubba still being able to deny any survivor he catches from playing the match.

  • Cheaters having the amount of control they have over the match. Way too much of the game is dictated on the client side.

  • Michael's Tombstone Piece.

    Seriously, almost all the insanely broken things from the game's past have been nerfed, like Insta-heals, Ebony Moris, keys and Iri Head. For some reason though, Tombstone Piece remains untouched. I like the mechanic of instantly mori'ing survivors where they stand, but you should need to work harder to make that happen so you can't just mori someone in the first 2 minutes of the game. The Judiths Tombstone + Fragant Turf of Hair combo is fine, though, and I think that should stay.


    Styptic Agent and Anti-Hemorrhagic Syringe

    Sure, they aren't instaheals anymore, but Styptic Agent stills allows you to extend a chase by one hit and Syringe can still heal you mid-chase. Both this effects are insanely strong and sometimes they simply leave no room for counter (try waiting for the effect of Styptic to wear off when the survivor is near a god-pallet. Good luck).


    Hooks Breaking Permanently

    They are one of the reasons why sometimes you need to slug the last survivor untill they bleed out. It should never be impossible to hook someone unless a survivor is actively acting to make it harder for you (like body-blocking, sabotaging and blinding).

  • Let's just ignore how bad solo q became over six years and nothing really changed. No coordination, no information nothing except base BT which took 6 years to intodruce.

    Yea lets make the solo experience (main playerbase) worse for the sake of some rare 4man swf's or "ultra rare" good solo teams against a (most likely) weaker killer/player.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3230426#Comment_3230426

    I don't think this is a massive issue but I do agree that it doesn't make much sense to have it anymore.

    Maybe if a Survivor is sacrificed on a Scourge Hook, it'll lose its Scourged status?

    So I'll just let them bleed out then if I'm going to be punished for hooking.

  • Depipping. Really doesn't make much sense when grades are in no way relevant to matchmaking anymore, and just makes already meh matches feel even more meh.

  • @Kirahie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3230434#Comment_3230434

    So I'll just let them bleed out then if I'm going to be punished for hooking.

    So because the Scourge Hook part is disabled and the regular hook is left standing,you'll bleed people out?


    ???

  • Hook grabs on healthy survivors are outdated, completely ruins several games, especially against campers. You shouldn't have to spam fake grabs to get the unhook when there is no chance a killer will leave. At best it should result in trades not two people incapacitated.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3230721#Comment_3230721

    So turn into a 3-perk killer, off of something that is completely up to RNG, and that's a skill issue? Do y'all hear yourselves sometimes, I mean really? Skill issue this, skill issue that, but y'all don't have anything to justify why it's a skill issue. It's hooking, which you have to do. There's no skill in that per se, but there shouldn't be. And news flash, anybody can lose off of losing a hook spot, which I shouldn't have to explain.

    You want to punish killers for hooking on a certain hook, but you would lose your minds if we said to survivors, "Your gen-related perks deactivate if you did too many in a certain area. Skill issue, btw." The only reason this is even up for debate is because it's already in the game, so it's accepted as normal. Not a survivor-sided, unnecessary mechanic, which it is, but normal. If destroyed hooks on death had not been a thing, and were introduced as a new mechanic, there would be mass outrage because it's an absolutely outrageous mechanic.

    Downed a survivor in a corner (swamp map) and there was no hook anywhere close to get the kill. It cost me the game, but I guess skill issue :D. The other day got 3 downs in the same area during endgame and couldn't hook one of them and he just crawled to the open gate and there was nothing I could do, but skill issue XD

  • @SOULWARRIOR71K said:

    Hooks breaking after a survivor is sacrificed on it. This outdated mechanic unnecessarily creates deadzones, which thereby forces slugging. If basekit unbreakable ever makes it to the live servers, this will be a nightmare.

    Oh I can see this being rough for killers.

  • Unpopular opinion but: Loops and the whole looping thing. I thought its a game where you have to escape from a trial where a scary mean killer trys to kill you, didnt think its a spin chess game where you run in circles.. like... not very authentic, not at all.


    But i have accepted how this game is not actually a "hide&seek" more so an "catch" concept. I still sometimes get thrown out when i see looping in content or see teammates loop, cant help but have the yakety sax theme playing in my head. At least when in loop chase myself im too concentrated to think about that.

  • @SOULWARRIOR71K said:

    Hooks breaking after a survivor is sacrificed on it. This outdated mechanic unnecessarily creates deadzones, which thereby forces slugging. If basekit unbreakable ever makes it to the live servers, this will be a nightmare.

    ok but then basement should bring more bloodpoints, because the basement hooks are rewarding for them not breaking.

  • 3gens like current haddonfield. why a gen spawns in the main building with no resources whatsoever is really awful and you can patrol the whole batch in 5 seconds

  • Survivors in a swf being able to bring the same perks

    Huge portions of maps that are complete dead zones AND small areas of the map with so many resources that you have to be super bad to get hit as survivor when looping in it.

    Nurse in her current state

    The strongest strategy in the game being tunneling the first hook. Nerf this skilless strat to the ground, and super buff getting unique hooks.

    Healthy hook grabs (remove - such a skilless yet super rewarding 'tactic')

    Bloodwebs not having a quick complete button. Like...seriously.

    Blight's best addons

    Prove Thyself, medkits, toolboxes (i think there should be very little in the way of things to increase gen speed - that would make everything so much easier to balance)

    Map offerings (remove - these are almost exclusively used by players looking for an unfair advantage, as evidenced by the most popular survivor offering used was old Haddonfield)

    Eruption - such a terribly designed perk

  • Hooks breaking after a sacrifice

    The entire self unhook mechanic

  • @Viciusaurus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3230257#Comment_3230257

    Seriously, this change needs to be implemented, especially because Midwich hooks can be a nightmare to deal with. You permanently lose one hook and suddenly one side of the map can be completely dead for the rest of the trial.

    Yh i had a midwich spawn with only 3 hooks on the ground floor. Had to down the last surv 4 times to finally get them to a ######### hook

  • @SOULWARRIOR71K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3230467#Comment_3230467

    It has nothing to do with being "smart". I shouldn't be required to bring a perk just to do my basic objective. Why should I be punished if I just so happen to kill a survivor in a specific area of the map? - especially maps with bad hook RNG. If you are suggesting giving killers basekit Agitation, Iron Grasp and Mad Grit, then maybe I can agree lol.

    Oh yes.

    I definitely want a Mad Grit basekit

    I'm already imagining the plague milling around in the void, screaming its incantations continuously 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

  • @Okonar_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3230810#Comment_3230810

    Downed a survivor in a corner (swamp map) and there was no hook anywhere close to get the kill. It cost me the game, but I guess skill issue :D. The other day got 3 downs in the same area during endgame and couldn't hook one of them and he just crawled to the open gate and there was nothing I could do, but skill issue XD

    Exactly. And when base Unbreakable comes out, they get free get-ups from that. The whole argument of "it's the killer's fault" on this issue is based on the false assumption that you have complete control over where you hook people. You don't. If they go down on one side of the map, you can't make it in time to hook them on the other before they wiggle off. That applies to less extreme circumstances as well, because for many patches now I've sometimes noticed that a single body block stops me from hooking people, because the nearest hook sucked from how far it was from me. "You just need better hook management." Why should the killer have to worry about that on top of everything else? We can't even get an individual hook counter. The amount of things killers are asked to juggle mentally and physically, survivors are asked to do nowhere near the same.

  • @egg_ said:

    The basement

    bubba and trapper wants to know your address Kappa

  • @TeabaggingGhostface said:

    The bubbles that appear after a gen pops or someone gets hooked

    I like them, as accessibility feature. Speaking of which...

    Killer being forced into narrow FOV shouldn't exist. There are some killers like Nurse I cannot play even with Shadowborn because it gives me motion sickness.

  • @Config said:

    I will name some and u guys can continue the list, name what it is, explain why it's stupid and propose a change to it:

    Medkits: pressure killer, makes some strategies completely unviable, BY MILES the best item in the game. Either they should allow 1 self heal, nerf the speed to something like 24-32 seconds or just allow you to heal other teammates at a much hier speed something like 6 seconds.

    Nurse: nurse

    Eruption: being unable to do ######### for 25 seconds because the killer kicked a gen before is big bs, the perk need a big chance to be close to the other slow downs after the 6.1.0 update.

    Keep going :)

    1 map offering, hooks and fog offerings

    2 iri and purple addons/items (boost too much)

    3 dead hard (maps are already too much safe and adding in practice a 3rd health state was an AWFUL decision imo)

    4 adrenaline (healing part)

    5 all those pallets and windows near each other in certain maps (the game, lery, garden of joy are some examples) or deadzones without a single pallet/window (shelter woods)

  • @SOULWARRIOR71K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3230700#Comment_3230700

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3230768#Comment_3230768

    I'll give you the TLDR since you didn't take the time to read: The gate was open.

    How do I "manage" where I hook survivors if there are only 2 hooks near by and I have downed 3 people? According to your logic, I guess I should figure out a magical way to teleport the third survivor to a hook or just give the free escape. lol.

    I'll jump into this because I'm honestly confused.

    You've lost the hook nearest the gate, the gate is open, the survivors are down.

    It sounds like the survivors won. I don't see where the problem is.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3230426#Comment_3230426

    I don't think this is a massive issue but I do agree that it doesn't make much sense to have it anymore.

    Maybe if a Survivor is sacrificed on a Scourge Hook, it'll lose its Scourged status?

    The better you are at the game - the more it becomes an issue. Several maps have one viable corner hook. If destroyed then you escape for free. Pick that map and go down in corner x. with strong sabo toolbox you cannot be hooked before you get up. It is abusive.

  • @SOULWARRIOR71K said:

    Hooks breaking after a survivor is sacrificed on it. This outdated mechanic unnecessarily creates deadzones, which thereby forces slugging. If basekit unbreakable ever makes it to the live servers, this will be a nightmare.

    So many maps can have weird, painful hook RNG. Easy to lose a hook because the basement or hook on a hill 2nd story screws you over.

  • Lvl 15 to have 4 perk slots.

    If you are new to the game and have no perks in addition you CANT have those 3 or 4 bad perks you need to play a few games with 1 bad perk.

  • Killer FOV being what it is ridiculous.

    Dead Hard should not remove your ability to lunge in a tight loop or still be forcing you to wait during an "FOV tech".

    Uninjured Survivors should not be able to be pulled when unhooking.

    Hooks should not despawn after the Entity takes the Survivor.

    Although maps need to be looked at for the benefit of the Killer, they really should not be spawning in deadzones. Having entire sections of the map still being unplayable due to RNG is shocking at this point (especially with the new, arguably weaker, tiles).

1 2 ›