We are coming to a point where it's not fun anymore to play killer
I am not lying. Gen Rushing is a problem. First time I am above Rank 5 and I am feeling cyberbullied. This is ridiculous how survivor sided this game is. The only way to block Gen Rushing is being a perfect nurse and I can understand it's hard to balance the game but. It doesn't make any fun if I find a survivor and hook him and boom two gens done. I mean really? I don't even have a chance to "pressure" them if I am carrying a survivor which is really good at looping (at rank 5 and above everyone is good at it) and I have a Pallet Eater Demon Build (Spirit Fury, Brutal Strength, Enduring and BBQ (for farming sum points) ). Also several killers need a buff or a rework (Like freddy or piggy).
I don't want in a game where is one or two perks are essential (NOED and Ruin). Just balance your game.
Comments
So you are with me on this?
Survivor make camping viable?
Yes you did and no, I'm not lying. You are. To yourself. Which is why you will defend threads like this.
See ya :')
Asking someone to do something isn't requiring it, use a dictionary. You'll learn some day, see ya
Only because they're bored out of their mind, or they don't know any better. I am in no way defending facecamping, because it is - you guessed it - boring. And like I said, I can't imagine it being exciting for the killer either, so I don't really understand why someone would do it. And I definitely do not agree with people who claim they are "forced" to camp. No one is holding a gun to your head. I do understand camping at certain points, like if all gens are done and the killer wants to secure his kill or something. I have no clue why people would camp their first survivor while all the gens are up, unless they get their kick out of boring other people just because they can..
You are aware that "facecamping" doesn't exist anymore?
And survivor "force" me to camp, when they do bad baits, running towards the hook in the plain open, hide badly nearby or just swarm the hook or hook rush aka playing overaltruistic.
I hope you get the picture here.
You can still face camp, what are you talking about?
And if you see other survivors nearby, it's more prudent to go after them and spread the damage or take the 1 for 1. If you have a brain anyway.
Patrolling the hook is not the same as facecamping though. I'm fine with the killer running around the hook when he knows or have seen there's someone there. If survivors swarm the hook the minute you've hooked one of them, then yes, they are not very smart and I would not fault you for staying there and chasing them in the area. This is not what I was referring to. I'm talking about killers just standing close to the hook, even when there are no survivors around, because he thinks this is a good tactic. In this scenario, the best thing to do for survivors is to do gens - but it's boring as hell, and I hate when this happens. Killers who do this will also never get better at the game, and never learn to find, chase and mindgame survivors properly because they just stand still for most of the game.
I am aware that there's this silly discussion about semantics when it comes to the term "facecamping", but when I say facecamping I mean the killer standing close to the hook, "in the survivor's face", with no intention of moving away, regardless if survivors are around or not. If you call that something else: fine, it doesn't really matter to me what you call it, because that is besides the point
IIRC camping is when you sit around the hook, looking around. Patrolling is not standing in front of or next to the hook, it's walking around the area to spot Survivors attempting rescues. Facecamping is when you stand directly in front of the hook, ready to injure or grab Survivors who attempt a rescue.
It's similar to Identity V TBH. I play lots of Survivor, every single hunter camps except me. Fortunately, DBD does not have nearly as bad of a camping problem.
Hahahaha dude just stop playing that two horrible killers. This is the problem with killer mains: they aren't good and they blame other things in game for his bad skills. I'm a Hag main when I go killer and ALWAYS (even with SWF's) got 3/4K. Just learn to play well and stop f-cking crying. Or simple, don't play killer. Jeez. Really you have to complain about everything?
I'm still convinced it's a bait thread
Actually we (killer) do not need to "learn to find new targets" when we camp, because the survivor will come to "us" (killer/camper).
That's the main point I am talking about. Survivor make camping viable.
Second point is -in case you think by now that I always camp, no matter what- I want to keep the OPTION to camp if I see it needed or beneficial.
That's why I always argue against ANY "punishments to camper". I don't want to get forced to play like the survivors want me to.
Any general mechanic against camping is just bad gamedesign, because at that point we could start making AI killer, that act according to all the made up rules of knightly sportsmanship.
I think so too now
No, you're right, you don't NEED to do anything. You can play exactly how you want. If you find fun in standing around, by all means, do that. But standing around waiting for people to show up doesn't sound much fun to me, and it doesn't sound skillful either, but that's just my opinion. And like I said, it's not fun for the survivors to sit on a gen for the entire game and then run out, so I do understand why they try to come and save even if the killer is standing there waiting for them to come, and even if they risk throwing the whole game. I mean, it's going to be over in a short time anyway, after sitting on gens all game, which doesn't really reward a lot of bloodpoints or pips. I guess we just have to agree to disagree on this matter, as I'd rather go around trying to find different targets and practise chasing and mindgaming as a killer, and actually have an action filled match. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose.
You say camping is viable, and that is because sitting on a gen is boring. Most people play games to have fun, it's really as simple as that. It's not about "forcing" you to play a certain way.
Oh, and I'm not sure what I've said to come across like I think you always camp no matter what...I'm sure you don't. At this point I think you just want an argument or something(?), even though I've tried to have a respectful discussion without putting words into your mouth etc.
I'm a Hag main when I go killer and ALWAYS (even with SWF's) got 3/4K.
Okay, that's bullshit. Even pro killers have the odd four man escape. To say you ALWAYS get 3k's and 4k's is a blatant lie, unless you're an undiscovered DBD prodigy. Like, I main Hag and I get mostly 3k's and 4k's but will occasionally lose. If you're winning every single game at rank one, you need to hop on the hagger's den discord asap and tell us what you know that we don't.
There is literally no killer so good that he/she wins every match. If you have to say that to bolster your credibility than you automatically lose it.
Coming from playing survivor and killer (a little more survivor), i completely agree. Ruin feels like an absolute necessity, generators need to be longer. The devs said they wouldn't because they already did but it needs to be done. Make gens longer, make toolboxes go faster and consume more charges.
Breaking a pallet used to be really slow and brutal strength felt like a need to some killers so they made it 15% faster to break a pallet by default. They should really do the same with ruin and make generators somewhat more difficult and longer.
LoL
Actually this argument will never stop until bad killers stop blaming their losses on 4 man swf when it's not the reason they're losing all the time. When most of the time it isn't 4 man swf's they're facing but their imaginary boogeyman under the bed.
They could remove swf from the game and you lot would still lose all these games because it's your skill or lack thereof causing all these issues.
If by making yourself believe that youre actually good just because you get your SWF wins, good for you.
SWF isn't even the crux of the issue, it's the speed in which gens are completed. SWF only magnifies the problem.
Take for example this clip featuring truetalent going up against the clown. Ruin is immediately destroyed, the clown does the right thing by abandoning the DS user who is only going to waste his time, and two gens are popped before he gets the down.
The clown in this game makes big mistakes afterwards continuing to tunnel true but the first two minutes he plays his cards right and still loses two gens almost immediately.
Look me in the eyes and tell me the clown just needed to pressure the map and that it was his lack of skill or inability to chase that caused this. I swear, you people are in hardcore denial.
And that wasn't even really a fast game. Gens could have been done way faster. Anyway 3 gens had been done on the first hook. And "just mindgame the pallet" didn't benefit the killer at all.-
I had to double check this post wasn't from 2017.
See, everyone loves to talk ######### until you take the gloves off and present video evidence.
I can find a thousand more just like it.
GEn RUsh nOt rEAl, prEssUre tEh mAP, y'all can 100% shut the whole ######### up about that.
They have an ability, skins, new perks. Survivors get new skins and new perks. Nothing game changing. The killer doesnt have to consider every perk the survivor has and avoid such things. Survivors are constantly trying to figure out what killers have.
Survivor is becoming less and less fun as well. I cant tell you how many games I deal with tunneling or camping killers and stupid survivors that ruin the whole game.
The game is being ruined on both ends.
Bond is a perk that is limited to a small space meaning the survivors will see them at about the same time without it. The closest perk to what you are talking about is kindred and survivors dont often run it because there are more useful perks.
Survive with friends lose too. It's about 60/40 how often swf wins and that's because of the ranking system. Swf can easily get the lower rank killers.
The rank reset does as much good as pharmacy where sometimes it's good but most of the time you end up in a game with toxic or stupid killers and survivors.
Niether killer nor survivor is fun anymore. The only reason I play is when my friends and I play kyf.
But yes blaming everything on the gameplay of others will achieve nothing. I dont win because I cannot run the killer around but I can do gens and hide. Then I am blamed for gen rush and dying early after being farmed and tunneled. The killer is then blamed for tunneling and the survivor for farming. My friend however is talented at running and sucks at hiding and he is blamed for being toxic and gets camped. Then the killer is blamed for camping. However sometimes killer pulls someone off gen or gets a quick easy down and camps. Each player of this game has a play style. You cant blame survivors on a killers toxicity and you cant blame a killer for a survivors toxicity because it was most likely going to happen anyway.
Btw I've seen killers who complain of gen rush after 2 gens are done 10 minutes into a game and killers who stop gen rush all together because they play well. The phrase 'git gud' is typically used by killers and survivors should you read the forums.
(Killer and survivor player here)