Where’s Haddie gone?

I swear I’m the only person who plays her at this point. I know this generally happens to new survivors but never have I seen one drop off so quickly especially since she’s a female survivor which tend to be more popular.

Even thinking recent releases I still see a ton of mikaela and even yun Jin from time to time. Do people just not like her? Feel like I’m one of the few who actually likes her at this point

Comments

  • Haddie has one of the best lower-body cosmetic in this game. I use her all the time.

    haddie.jpg


  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    I played a ton of Haddie, until I ran out of all my puddings. Now I'm back to my A 1 Day 1 Yui Kimura--especially following the release of her Mikasa AOT cosmetic. You won't catch me playing any other survivor, now that they've implemented the new progression system and I've dropped $$$ on a Yui cosmetic.

    I think Haddie looks badass, tho.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/0V50VSROP68T/image.png

    That outfit looks badass in game but in irl it'd be a horrific sight

  • @steezo_de said:

    Haddie has one of the best lower-body cosmetic in this game. I use her all the time.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/8IBHKQHW096C/haddie.jpg

    Her P3 is also amazing especially compared to more recent ones that have released

  • i see her much more often than Yoichi or Jonas. Yoichi is probably the rarest survivor next to Quentin.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3130589#Comment_3130589

    Her P3 is also amazing especially compared to more recent ones that have released

    Ehhh.. You mean P6. Prestiges were changed just a while ago.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3130589#Comment_3130589

    Her P3 is also amazing especially compared to more recent ones that have released

    Her P3 does change her quite a bit and I like her face a lot. I would rock the whole set if I were a stealth player.

  • Oh Haddie. See I call her Haggie because she looks to be in her 50's to me so I wasn't sure who you meant at first.... LOL

    Seriously, when I play Killer, if I see a Haggie, I try to kill her 1st for some reason. Maybe because she feels like a heavier load I'm carrying as she seems to wiggle better than most. I chalk that up to her heft. I'm a Survivor Main about 85-15% and I dont care for her as Survivor either. She feels a bit clumsy to me, I just cant get a feel for her and I have about 6 Survivors I play regularly. 5 are female. Maybe most just prefer others? Cheers

  • @MrDardon said:

    She's not more than a better siren.

    Everytimes she gets hooked, it's like a siren is screaming.

    Yea but Feng Min sounds like she' getting an al when injured and ppl love her ;}

  • So...do I not exist???

  • I played her for a few matches today for you.

  • You can tell that most of the people on this forum are men, because holy ######### some of these comments. "Hideous" because...she has a nubian nose, maybe? "Overweight" when she released with a midriff-exposing cosmetic that reveals zero flab. "Looks to be in her fifties" when she has laugh lines and literally no other wrinkles. Have any of you even seen a woman without makeup, or is it just TikTok and anime?

  • @Neprašheart said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3130600#Comment_3130600

    Ehhh.. You mean P6. Prestiges were changed just a while ago.

    Oh yeah my bad. Still getting used to the new prestige system tbh

  • @OnryoFlow said:

    You can tell that most of the people on this forum are men, because holy ######### some of these comments. "Hideous" because...she has a nubian nose, maybe? "Overweight" when she released with a midriff-exposing cosmetic that reveals zero flab. "Looks to be in her fifties" when she has laugh lines and literally no other wrinkles. Have any of you even seen a woman without makeup, or is it just TikTok and anime?

    Yeah any time a character who isn’t conventionally attractive is released this happens. Though this applies to most games and not just DBD in particular. It sucks because Haddie has one of the coolest and most unique designs of any recent survivors

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    I played her for a few matches today for you.

    Thx :)

  • @DBD78 said:

    Lose weight, gain popularity! Thats what my mother always told me as a child 😀

    There’s nothing wrong with a bit of extra weight as long as it’s at the right places like Jane 😉

  • The new prestige system kind of encourages "maining" and not being immune to that, I have decided for the moment to commit to Haddie, and she is now the only surv I have over P6 (I have a bunch of survs at P6, but I have her at P11 already). If anything it'll be her and Yui for a while, so you're not alone.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    All the Haddies literally adapted. I see her every now and then, but she is definitely one of, if not the, rarest survivors.

    Jonah would like a word

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3130652#Comment_3130652

    The new prestige system kind of encourages "maining" and not being immune to that, I have decided for the moment to commit to Haddie, and she is now the only surv I have over P6 (I have a bunch of survs at P6, but I have her at P11 already). If anything it'll be her and Yui for a while, so you're not alone.

    Fair enough. Haddie and Jane are the only 2 survivors I have above P9 on my PC account and I doubt anyone else will get there (Besides maybe Jeff)

  • For me, Jonah, Yoichi, Quentin, and recently (shockingly) even Cheryl/Heather have been the rarest. I used to see tons of Cheryls, but not for a while.

  • Im a killer main, so I just play a selected set of survivors, mainly RE ones since im a big fan and the ones I got cosmetics for in the rift, so I don't even have her, in fact I have not bought any survivor since the release of the blight, with the exeption of yoichi because I like his raincoat.

  • @OnryoFlow said:

    You can tell that most of the people on this forum are men, because holy ######### some of these comments. "Hideous" because...she has a nubian nose, maybe? "Overweight" when she released with a midriff-exposing cosmetic that reveals zero flab. "Looks to be in her fifties" when she has laugh lines and literally no other wrinkles. Have any of you even seen a woman without makeup, or is it just TikTok and anime?

    Yeah... reading some of the comments when she was first teased was a depressing experience. It's a pretty endemic problem in gaming (and game design, for that matter), unfortunately.

  • I think Haddie is a great addition to the survivor roster, but I think I've only seen her once since she came out, as far as I go, I play Leon usually

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3130641#Comment_3130641

    Yeah any time a character who isn’t conventionally attractive is released this happens. Though this applies to most games and not just DBD in particular. It sucks because Haddie has one of the coolest and most unique designs of any recent survivors

    Meg is not attractive imho and I Love her so I'm not buying it

  • @OnryoFlow said:

    You can tell that most of the people on this forum are men, because holy ######### some of these comments. "Hideous" because...she has a nubian nose, maybe? "Overweight" when she released with a midriff-exposing cosmetic that reveals zero flab. "Looks to be in her fifties" when she has laugh lines and literally no other wrinkles. Have any of you even seen a woman without makeup, or is it just TikTok and anime?


    Have any of you even seen a woman without makeup, or is it just TikTok and anime?

    Many haven't, I think. I got a good laugh out of a recent example where some basement dweller was aghast that Aloy (from Horizon) had facial fuzz visible in 4K and was like "wHy duZ sHE haVe a BEARD?!"

    Sadly I don't sort of ignorance/unrealistic expectation is uncommon. We have a whole segment of the population who think that a woman's primary purpose is to look a certain way, for the enjoyment of others.

  • Why would anyone give an honest opinion if they're going to be attacked as sexist? I think she looks old. Have since day 1. I don't care much either way because I have enough Main characters to play at the moment. I can't believe people get worked up over characters in a game and take every comment seriously when they are clearly made in jest. Time to go play instead of talking about playing. Have a good night all, even you Haggie, wherever you are


  • "Where's Haddie gone?"

    whispers 'Ask Maurice'

    limps away

  • It's her perks. None of them are remotely strong. Usually a Survivor will have 1 decent perk, but Haddie doesn't.

  • @Ghoste said:

    It's her perks. None of them are remotely strong. Usually a Survivor will have 1 decent perk, but Haddie doesn't.

    I can see this being a reason if you don't have all your favorite perks unlocked for use on all survs, which I guess I assumed everyone does.

  • Her eyes are extremely disturbing. It looks like she has no pupils or iris, like she's some kind of zombie or ghost.

    I personally despise looking at at her face because of this.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    Well i actually did not like Haddie. She was another bad survivor, like Youchi and Jonah.

    You are still seeing Mikaela because she is actually great survivors. She has good cosmetic, witch is unique concept for survivors.

    I admit mikaela has that something which makes her popular but I find them annoying as killer.

  • Haddie looks like she smells bad.

  • I haven't encountered a Haddie for a while either, I find her to be a very cool survivor. I hope to see more of them soon.

  • Honestly, it's a mix between lack of cosmetics and the big part here...the Iron Will nerf. I want to play her, I do...but even with Iron Will, she's as loud as Zarina is normally when injured. That's crazy, man. I can't do it. I was so excited to play her, too, but...yeah...She's way too loud, and one of the few survivors that I loved playing, but I only played IF I had Iron Will on them. Her, Yun Jin, Claire, Elodie. I don't play them anymore. :(

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3130641#Comment_3130641

    Have any of you even seen a woman without makeup, or is it just TikTok and anime?

    Many haven't, I think. I got a good laugh out of a recent example where some basement dweller was aghast that Aloy (from Horizon) had facial fuzz visible in 4K and was like "wHy duZ sHE haVe a BEARD?!"

    Sadly I don't sort of ignorance/unrealistic expectation is uncommon. We have a whole segment of the population who think that a woman's primary purpose is to look a certain way, for the enjoyment of others.

    The gaming community is predominantly developing young adults who have been taught that comedy is a shield from which you can hide behind to make extremely insensitive comments.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    I don't see her too often but I see her more than Jonah and Yoichi.

    I don’t see any of the three. These guys are about to join Quentin at the loser’s table. Only reason Jane isn’t there is because she hides in the bathroom stall.

  • @OnryoFlow said:

    You can tell that most of the people on this forum are men, because holy ######### some of these comments. "Hideous" because...she has a nubian nose, maybe? "Overweight" when she released with a midriff-exposing cosmetic that reveals zero flab. "Looks to be in her fifties" when she has laugh lines and literally no other wrinkles. Have any of you even seen a woman without makeup, or is it just TikTok and anime?

    Yeah, I'm a guy (early 20s). So what? Is it so wrong that I find her extremely ugly? It's ok if people like her, but I don't. We all have opinions and that's ok.

    Uh, yeah, I've seen plenty of women without makeup... they can be attractive as well. Not sure what that has to do with anything though. No, I'm not into anime or TikTok. I'm assuming you're talking about my comment (since I said she's hideous).

  • Ahhh, I remember so many people on twitter complained on Yoichi being released, that they didnt like him bc he wasnt a female survivor and they wanted that. So Haddie is released, people STILL don't want her LOL. I don't see why she is disliked, she looks like an average person compared to most of the options in the game. I appreciate though that bhvr added a brown asian character for once

  • @leatherfav88 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3130235#Comment_3130235

    Her lore ia actully pretty good. It provides alot of world building and shows alot of monsters, which ties into her personality. I doubt their are many people who would willinly fight monsters at such a young age and win, which shows her bravery and determintation. She is also shown to be resoursful and smart, as show with the vampire she fought

    @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3130235#Comment_3130235

    Disagree on the lore department. She's pretty interesting since she ties into the entity well

    Fair enough. Tbh, I just skimmed through her lore and haven't read it in it's entirety, so maybe I missed a couple things. I might go back and fully read it through.

  • @OnryoFlow said:

    You can tell that most of the people on this forum are men, because holy ######### some of these comments. "Hideous" because...she has a nubian nose, maybe? "Overweight" when she released with a midriff-exposing cosmetic that reveals zero flab. "Looks to be in her fifties" when she has laugh lines and literally no other wrinkles. Have any of you even seen a woman without makeup, or is it just TikTok and anime?

    That's what I'm saying. Haddie honestly looks completely fine.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3130641#Comment_3130641

    That's what I'm saying. Haddie honestly looks completely fine.

    People just have different opinions. Some people will like her, some people won't. Not really a big deal.

  • @turfking said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3130650#Comment_3130650

    Meg is not attractive imho and I Love her so I'm not buying it

    I agree but we’re pretty clearly in the minority judging by cosmetic numbers. Feng, Meg, Kate and mikaela get tons of attention because people find them attractive

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3130641#Comment_3130641

    Yeah, I'm a guy (early 20s). So what? Is it so wrong that I find her extremely ugly? It's ok if people like her, but I don't. We all have opinions and that's ok.

    Uh, yeah, I've seen plenty of women without makeup... they can be attractive as well. Not sure what that has to do with anything though. No, I'm not into anime or TikTok. I'm assuming you're talking about my comment (since I said she's hideous).

    I mean, the issue is that games constantly churn out solid 9s and 10s for all of their female character models, so that when you get a female character who's average-looking, you get an outpouring of denigration and disgust for not matching an impossible beauty standard. It leads people to expect perfection and jeer at anything less, when that same standard is not applied to male characters and they're allowed to look like real people/whatever they want. I hope you can at least see why women would find that reaction disturbing, even if you don't agree.

    Like, people constantly call out Nea and Meg for being uggos, but they're not. Ugly is old Quentin tier, or Oni under the mask. By contrast, you don't see women going "OH GOD, HIDEOUS, KILL IT WITH FIRE" whenever they release a Jonah instead of a Felix... but with Haddie, I saw a lot of that.

  • People out here constantly calling my boi Jonah ugly

    then getting irked when someone calls Haddie ugly , rubs me the wrong way


    That saying i do appreciate her unique body type it's refreshing even if her hair is uggo

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    She's hideous and forgettable.

    I had to scroll too far down for someone to say it like it is. She's simply really ugly and I want the character I play to be good-looking.

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    People out here constantly calling my boi Jonah ugly

    then getting irked when someone calls Haddie ugly , rubs me the wrong way

    That saying i do appreciate her unique body type it's refreshing even if her hair is uggo

    If you're referring to me, that's specifically not the point I was making. Jonah's not ugly, he's just not a handsome chiseled beefcake or, like, dark-pale-brooding or some other male equivalent to all the Kates and Elodies and Fengs out there. The point I was trying to make is that he's pretty average, but you don't see people flipping out over that. (The main complaints I see with Jonah is that his lore is uninteresting and that he's a war criminal, which... seem mutually exclusive, but I actually do get the first one.)

    Haddie's hair is kind of derpy though. Was hoping they'd provide some different ones with her cosmetics. I don't like how bluish that streak is.

1 2 ›