Who do you want to be the next licensed killer.
Yes there is a new killer coming. But who do you absolutely want to be the next licensed killer.
Yes there is a new killer coming. But who do you absolutely want to be the next licensed killer.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Chucky with voice lines (not the Mark Hamill one, the OG)
Like imagine if Chucky reacted like this whenever he got DSed or Head On lol
:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lyx7UsMqmcI'd love some horror comics rep, or just comics in general. Someone like Scarecrow would work from mainline DC, for example.
Quick, someone think of a good associated killer that'd bring us old school classic Vertigo label John Constantine as as a survivor...
Walter Sullivan from Silent Hill 4.
Ngl i would like to see Homelander in future. an omnipotent psycho with almost limitless powers and a murderous fury matched only by his might. He is scary and could be a really nice addition in dead by daylight.
Edit: and we already have his P6 cosmetic kekw
Alien Ripley
The Thing
Sarah Connor Terminator
Conan and James Earl Jones
Tallman from Phantasm when?
Definitely DIO from JoJo.
survivor definitely needs to be SpeeeedwaGONnnn
I would love to see Alien & Predator come to DbD someday.
Imagine running around the Nostromo as Sigourney Weaver, or doing gens in the jungle as Arnold Schwarzenegger. Crawling around and ambushing survivors as the Xenomorph, blasting people with Predator's Plasma Caster and then going into cloak... it would be such a blast!
I don't know about you, but I'd also like a Butcher legendary skin from SH: Origins
You know, we haven't had a vampire yet...
Come to think of it, Kira and Killer Queen would be interesting too. He is a serial killer, after all, and having a killer with explosion abilities sounds awesome.
I want a killer from Scooby Doo, fam. Mostly so we can get the Scooby Gang as survivors. And the Hex Girls. Don't forget about them. Oh, and a map, with the Mystery Machine as part of a god loop. Yeah. Sounds lovely.
Jacket from Hotline Miami or the killer from Persona 4.
Realisitically speaking predator is probably my most desired mainstream franchise.
This is true.
Somehow, I don't think The World would translate well.
But it would still be cool to hear him say, "Za Warudo! Toki wo tomare!"
Part 1 Dio Brando could still work well. Phantom Blood already carried a lot of gothic horror themes in it, and his appearance would be more in-line with DBD.
Just imagining, though.
Yes.
He was more or less a vampire in Part 1 and I do think that would transfer well.
You get my vote Sephiroth and cloud would be interesting on how they would set them up in this game, you could pick another person for the survivor but cloud just fits it to well and the whole lore behind it could even do aeris as a second survivor.
Vampire type of killer, both male and female. Not Dracula since it kinda ties the character to his lore and outfits and stuff but original vampire so they can make it both male and female and make outfits as they please.
Jason would be nice addition too if we think of licensed killers.
As always, Xenomorph.
As long as it isn't FNAF related I think I'm ok with basically everything. I think it'd be neat to see Xenomorphs, or like, a corrupted Tarzan that would accomplish a similar effect. Necromorphs would be lit too.
Chucky and Tall Man
Chucky would be great as a low terror radius, small, stealthy killer
Tallman would be something like pinhead
Pumpkinhead too!
Never even heard of phantasm, he looks cool tho
I want Goosebumps rep
I just want an Alan Wake chapter, but the Killer would be difficult since there aren't many stand-outs in the IP. My best idea would be the Tele-Flanker, who would have a fast movement speed mechanic like in game, but give them the ability to throw hatchets like the regular Flanker, and they could be a mix between Wraith/Spirit and Huntress.
Some changes to the movement speed and hatchet mechanics would be necessary for balance among similar killers though. Maybe speed movement as fast as/close to Wraith/Spirit, but no M1, requiring accurate hatchet shots instead. I'm just making excuses to get Alan Wake in game tbh.
I've been hoping to see a Bioshock chapter for years. And while drilling survivors as a Big Daddy sounds fun, I think an underwater map with Bioshock's atmosphere would be amazing in this game.
This, very much. Complete with ghosts as an AI power that weakens survivors as they chase. Maybe known as "The Orphan"
But, if I'm to make a realistic guess, and the rumours of a licensed knight are true, I reckon the next killer shall be from "For Honor".
And finally, if I'm looking for an unlikely killer, I'd say one of the many enemies from "The Magnus Archives", such as Jane Prentiss (The Hive), Jared Hopworth (The Boneturner), Nikola Orsinov (The Stranger) and Michael (The Distortion)
Thanos with infinity gauntlet.
Pipe dream if we ever get a walking dead chapter
negan would it be too similar with the whole bat concept? probably
My top picks for licenses are probably (in no particular order)
The First of the Fallen, basically vertigo's Satan, cast into the pit before Lucifer even fell from grace. Cured Constantine of cancer before John tricked him to save his own soul The First pledged to destroy Constantine. Fitting better with DbD lore they could do a lesser demon or deacon of hell for the killer.
Other comic licenses that could be cool would be 30 Days of Night, Nailbiter, Revival, American Vampire, or Wytches. Books like Nailbiter and Revival would theoretically be easier to get licensing for since they're published through Image comics which is technically and indie publisher where the creators hold the rights to their books instead of Vertigo (which is now DC Black Label), Dark Horse, or any Marvel properties (with the exception of Icon which is creator owned but currently dormant)
For me it’s a tie between Chucky and Pennywise.
The Xenomorph
I highly recommend checking out the Phantasm franchise if you get the chance, it's personally one of my favorite ones. I made another thread about phantasm and how the license is up for grab if we wish to see it get into dbd.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/326524/dbd-should-do-a-collaboration-with-phantasm
If stranger things comes back according to the leaks, then I want Vecna
if they ever do supernatural I really hope they get Jensen and Jared to voice them hopefully they wouldn't be completely done with the characters
Plankton with Spongebob and Patrick as survivors.
GWAR
A necromorph from Dead Space
The usual suspects: Jason, Pennywise, the Xenomorph.
I'd also like to see Robert Englund's Freey replace the current one.
But Jason really feels like an essential missing piece to me.
I've wanted Alien Chapter back in the day, but then I've found certain videos and YouTubers on YouTube carefully explaining the situation, and why we won't be able to get Xenomorph and the legendary Ripley as a Chapter into the game.
It's either too expensive or BHVR won't be able to negotitate the necessary contract with them.
So, I've changed my prefered Chapter to Underworld. You know, that franchise of fantasy action horror movies, featuring quite famous actors and actresses, like Kate Beckinsale, for example. What's more, we could finally get a werewolf into the game - Something that the community has been asking for for years!
Well, unfortunately, I do have some real doubts about them being able to obtain the rights, and even if they were to get the rights, I do doubt that they'd make the survivor Selene (legendary outfit sets being Sonja, Victor, etcetera) and the killer William (legendary outfits with him being chained, etcetera).
Besides that, I have no other Chapter that I'd welcome in Dead by Daylight, to be honest.
Like, I do understand people wanting.. How's it called, Pennywise, or is it Chucky? But, come on. Can't you see, how annoying Vic and Charlotte are? They're one of the most annoying killers to play as and face, yet, you do wanna another clown like Pennywise? Yikes, I just don't get the way people do think sometimes.
Chucky I agree about; I can't see any way to bring him in that wouldn't be problematic or ridiculous.
Pennywise however would function completely differently than the Clown, as he would be very much supernatural. So I don't think that would be redundant at all.
i lean more towards the incubus, if nothing else just because i want harry mason as a survivor
My answer will always be the xenomorph and if they give it a blighted skin I would want it to be a blighted praetorian(the species of xenomorph seen below)
terry akers pls
I would rather the survivor be Jonathan with a legendary speedwagon skin so we can have dio say goodbye jojo in his mori lol
But I agree dio would make a awesome killer
a killer from Doctor Who
The Terminator
Predator
just to name a few.
I like it. I mean we already got an AoT crossover, why not Final Fantasy?
Scarecrow is easily one of my favorite Batman villians, but for some reason Scarecrow from the 2002 film was the first thing that popped in my head. Movies were kinda meh but a good way to kill a few hours.
Literally about 20 just popped into my head, but one overriding thought quashed them all.
Please, please, never touch Five Nights.
Legitimately the one thing that would drive me and many others I know away from the game.