nurse has lowest kill rate

and? she is strong as hell but people dont want to learn her because she SEEMS hard. but in reality is easy. the majority of the playerbase id assume is on console, therefore she is not easy to play on CONSOLE. I switched to pc and easily dominated people without actually putting much time into her and even now at higher mmr i still get pretty easy kills. her kill rate is a failed argument, because if every killer was on pc her kill rate would go up, and if every killer HAD to be played for 2 days her kill rate would skyrocket because so many people would be forced into learning her ability. Her kill rate doesnt make her bad or not strong XD

Comments

  • She is strong in the hands of somebody who is experienced with her. If not, she is a weak killer prone to be bullied. Hence why people play her for a couple games then quit.

  • To be fair, I play on console and i dont struggle with nurse.

    I obviously dont 4k every game im not saying that, but what im saying is people using the "fact that she is difficult" to justify her ridiculous basekit and broken addons is poor reasoning.

  • If she is that easy, please proceed to go on a 20+ kill streak with no Perks and Add-Ons against good Survivors

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    If she is that easy, please proceed to go on a 20+ kill streak with no Perks and Add-Ons against good Survivors

    I don't want to sound like I am saying that Nurse is easy but this type of argument (challenge if you will) is like shooting yourself in the leg and then asking to run 10km within 30 minutes.

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    The killrate argument is to prove that most Nurses are bad, nothing more.

    The proof that Nurse is balanced is tournaments.

    Aside from the fact that tournaments should not be taken seriously (DBD is no tournament-game, really), the statement that Nurse is balanced because you can see it in tournaments just shows that she deserves a Nerf.

    You will not encounter tournament-Teams in public matches. MAYBE you will face one or two if you get unlucky, but they dont play public games usually. And the tournament teams are always SWFs, have communication and are way better than the average or even good Survivors. And if Nurse is balanced in such an environment, it clearly shows that she is busted for public gameplay.


    @Topic:

    Yes, once learned, she is quite easy to play. The low Killrate comes from the fact that she has a steep learning curve and is also available in the Basegame. Both things which lower her Killrate.

    I also cannot really imagine that people who are good at Nurse play her all the time, because I find her quite dull to play. She is fun to play, but after two or three games I usually switch to another Killer.

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    The killrate argument is to prove that most Nurses are bad, nothing more.

    The proof that Nurse is balanced is tournaments.

    Tournaments restrict perks/addons/items that can be used. So, no? Saying a killer is balanced because of tournament settings with their own rulesets, in a game that is largely dominated by casual players, is kind of ridiculous. Especially since basically every Nurse player that took the hour and a half it takes to learn blink timings, plays like there's a $20 Applebee's gift card on the line, and just plays as nasty as possible while running the nastiest builds possible.

  • If BHVR released a killer with an identical power tomorrow, and it was locked behind a paywall, said killer would immediately have the best kill rate in the game.


    To say that nurse is “balanced” is to say that every other killer on the roster is underpowered.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3117377#Comment_3117377

    I don't want to sound like I am saying that Nurse is easy but this type of argument (challenge if you will) is like shooting yourself in the leg and then asking to run 10km within 30 minutes.

    With all the complaints about Nurse being overpowered to a point the player can win while blind-folded, I'd assume the OP would be able to get a small kill streak with no Perks or Add-Ons

  • I'm pretty sure a reason why nurse has always had a low kill rate is casual players playing her a few times and probably only getting one kill or not at all

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3117397#Comment_3117397

    "But tournament squads are rare"

    So are tournament Nurses. That's the point. Tournaments show that equally skilled players tie when it's Nurse, so she's balanced.

    Nurse has quite a low skill ceiling.

    So your thought is really a stretch.

  • I wish people had anything more than their own feelings to prove the strength of nurse.

  • @fulltonon said:

    I wish people had anything more than their own feelings to prove the strength of nurse.

    I would love to watch some of these people play nurse live.

  • -Nurse has the lowest killrate according to the stats across all of DbD. This includes the bottom “ranks”, because we still had ranks back then.


    You cannot draw any accurate conclusions from this whatsoever.

  • @RatbasterdJr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3117489#Comment_3117489

    I would love to watch some of these people play nurse live.

    You know, even actual gameplay can't really prove anything.

    Like if that is the case, we are already nerfing nurse due to top players.

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3117413#Comment_3117413

    Every other killer IS underpowered. Who besides Nurse and Blight do you see getting 2ks in tournaments?

    bro do you even watch tournaments? Because you seem really out of touch

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3117383#Comment_3117383

    With all the complaints about Nurse being overpowered to a point the player can win while blind-folded, I'd assume the OP would be able to get a small kill streak with no Perks or Add-Ons

    haha i definitely aint that good at her, nor do i appear to be. but she is easy and against the normal high mmr i can still get kills but i cant guarantee a 4k every game. also ive started doing perkless add onless and i had some decent survivors and ahd to tunnel slug and camp. so me doing it as someone who doesnt play her wont be a very good tell

  • @MommyHunktress said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3117421#Comment_3117421

    haha i definitely aint that good at her, nor do i appear to be. but she is easy and against the normal high mmr i can still get kills but i cant guarantee a 4k every game. also ive started doing perkless add onless and i had some decent survivors and ahd to tunnel slug and camp. so me doing it as someone who doesnt play her wont be a very good tell

    I'm not looking for your casual, run-of-the-mill SoloQ players, I'm saying you should get a streak against good Survivors, not comp players, but as close as possible

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3117397#Comment_3117397

    "But tournament squads are rare"

    So are tournament Nurses. That's the point. Tournaments show that equally skilled players tie when it's Nurse, so she's balanced.

    Nothing says a balanced match of average dbd like a bunch of rules and restrictions on what can and can't be used.

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3117569#Comment_3117569

    Not anymore, but the last I checked, even Nurse wasn't getting more than 2k consistently.

    If you have a tournament with actually good survivors that are losing to Nurse consistently, feel free to show me.

    Got this vod from a buddy of mine who is a comp player, he streams his tourneys.

    Simply asked him for one that had a good bit of back and forth and I'm pretty sure there's 2 Nurse games in there. One where his team plays as and another against. Not sure about the other matches

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1546556767

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3117592#Comment_3117592

    And the result of the games? Because if they aren't both 3-4k games, there is still no proof here. I'm not going to watch unless I know the outcome.

    1st game was a 3 man out, was supposed to be a 2 man but they got lucky and hatch appeared right as they got downed. Nurse also wasn't the best considering she got her first kill at 3 gens and some how screwed up the rest (8 hook stages, 1/2/2/3)

    2nd game was a 4k with 1 gen left

  • @fulltonon said:

    I wish people had anything more than their own feelings to prove the strength of nurse.

    https://youtu.be/ZEzpkirSaNc

  • Don't worry, all the survivors and myself have decided to kill ourselves against her to raise her kill rate and get her nerfed /s lmao

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3117383#Comment_3117383

    But that's the funny part. The people who want her nerfed. Do act like shes that OP and broken. When she's not.

    Let's take away her add ons !! And make her hits special attacks because we don't like exposed nurse !

    When she's not that strong. To the point of being able to take away literally everything on her.

    She needs an add on pass, and maybe the nerf someone said of "can't blink for 30 seconds after getting a down" I like that, but that's really it

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3117447#Comment_3117447

    Nurse has a low skill FLOOR. Her skill ceiling is nearly infinite. Same for Blight and Huntress. You never stop getting better when playing those killers. Survivor is the same way. You can ALWAYS improve.

    Survivors die to Nurse because of one or both of two things:

    1- They don't know how to play against Nurse because the majority are bad and don't give any practice

    2- They're worse than the Nurse player

    3. They "*cough DC against her cough*"

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3117413#Comment_3117413

    Every other killer IS underpowered. Who besides Nurse and Blight do you see getting 2ks in tournaments?

    I don't watch tournament DBD (it's a joke) and I don't play tournament DBD.

    I was asked to build a comp team by people who play(ed) for the Golden Wolves, and I declined.


    Myself and 99.9% of DBD players should not care about tournament DBD.


    Joe Schmoe may have learned how to loop Wraith for an hour, after 9,000 hours of game time, but the average survivor can't even loop Wraith for a minute. Why should the game be balanced around Joe Schmoe, when he makes up less than 1% of the playerbase?

    ---

    ✅ Balance the game around the average player, and players will engage with the game longer.

    --> The longer players engage with the game, the better the average player becomes.

    ----> The better the average player becomes, the more the game needs to be balanced around higher skill play

    ------> The more the game needs to be balanced around higher skill pay, the more likely the game will be balanced around competitive play

    ⛔️ Try to balance the game around higher skill play before the average player is ready, and the average player will just leave.

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3117782#Comment_3117782

    Average Nurses lose every game. You're complaining about the top 1%, so in other words Nurse isn't a problem.

    Sounds like SWFs, but SWFs are problems

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3117383#Comment_3117383

    With all the complaints about Nurse being overpowered to a point the player can win while blind-folded, I'd assume the OP would be able to get a small kill streak with no Perks or Add-Ons

    Omega blink nurse is busted

  • She is still an issue, some perks r just insane on her that would be just fine on other killers.

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3117782#Comment_3117782

    Average Nurses lose every game. You're complaining about the top 1%, so in other words Nurse isn't a problem.

    I'm sorry but its not worth having this discussion with you if you fundamentally believe that nurse is difficult to become proficient with.

    It sounds like your entire argument is based on the fact that she has the lowest killrate, am I understanding that correctly?

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3118006#Comment_3118006

    Actually, yes. If we're balancing around the average survivor, we're balancing around the average Nurse. That's how that goes.

    Nurse's low killrate is entirely because of the fact that the average Nurse will lose every game. Oh, and the fact that Nurse's pickrate is super high does prove that she's difficult to become proficient with by this game's standards.

    So unless you balance around the top tiers and heavily nerf survivors, Nurse can't be nerfed either. Stop picking and choosing how to balance each side individually. They're both balanced around the highest level, or they're both balanced around the average level.

    It's not picking and choosing. It is recognizing where the statistics is misleading.

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    If she is that easy, please proceed to go on a 20+ kill streak with no Perks and Add-Ons against good Survivors

    Yeah you have to go on a 20 win kill street to prove she's easy lol. God this community is full of morons.

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3118077#Comment_3118077

    Stats are misleading because the average Nurse is bad. They're also misleading because the average survivor is bad. You're picking and choosing. Stop it.

    The average survivor is trash--there is nothing misleading about that.

    With that acknowledged, we now need to balance the game around trash survivors.


    As I said before, it is not worth having this discussion with you.

    You don't acknowledge the possibility that the data the developers have provided is negatively skewed. If we can't agree on a foundation, then the entire debate becomes hearsay and a waste of both our times.

    I'm not picking and choosing anything--the data you have based your opinions on are quite literally misleading.

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    The killrate argument is to prove that most Nurses are bad, nothing more.

    The proof that Nurse is balanced is tournaments.

    Remember when pre rework Freddy (the outrageously bad one) beat pre ner- I mean, rework Nurse in tournament? I remember. And Nurse was infinitely more powerful then. I think all the Nurse hate just boils down to bandwagoning and dead horse beating.

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    The killrate argument is to prove that most Nurses are bad, nothing more.

    The proof that Nurse is balanced is tournaments.

    Despite DBD being an awful game to look at competitively, tournaments typically have strict rulesets no? It's very controlled compared to 'pubs'. Survivors and killers in tournaments are bound by rules to make the game more interesting, it's hardly ever the max efficiency the game can be played at, especially for survivors, right? That alone makes it an awful idea to look to at comp for balance ideas, it's not the same game as pubs.

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3118110#Comment_3118110

    If we balance around trash survivors, we have to balance around trash killers. That's how balance works. So...Nurse needs buffs now, right? Because no one who's trash can even get a single hit. A killer who can't even hit survivors is incredibly bad, right? Maybe if she could use her power one more time before it went into cooldown, if she had stronger add-ons, and if she moved faster, she'd be balanced.

    Oh wait. You just brought on-release Nurse back to DbD by balancing around trash players. Just stop. Your logic doesn't work.

    At this point, I'm convinced you're trolling.

    You've just invented a hypothetical scenario, pretended I proposed such an idea, and then threw shade at me as if it was my original idea.

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3118219#Comment_3118219

    You said that most survivors are bad so we should balance around bad survivors. In that case we have to balance around bad killers.

    You think I'm trolling because you don't understand why there are several huge issues with your logic.

    No, you're over-simplifying because it fits your narrative.

    You're misrepresenting the data that has been given to you, either to intentionally mislead me or because you don't know any better.

    I am trying to explain to you that your argument is built on a weak foundation, because the data from which you've formed your opinions lacks sufficient context.

  • Yes, and base-kit is fine.


    @th3syst3m said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3117377#Comment_3117377

    Yeah you have to go on a 20 win kill street to prove she's easy lol. God this community is full of morons.

    If someone wants to prove that Nurse is easy and overpowered, I'd assume a small kill streak wouldn't be hard to achieve, but apparently, Nurse isn't easy nor overpowered

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3118248#Comment_3118248

    Over-simplifying? Let me go back a bit and quote what you said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3118110#Comment_3118110

    "With that acknowledged, we know need to balance the game around trash survivors."

    So did you mean that we should balance around trash survivors but good killers? If so the conversation is over because you've made it clear that you want easy wins.

    "You don't acknowledge the possibility that the data the developers have provided is negatively skewed"

    You mean like Nurse getting free kills every other game because at least one person tends to DC against her now? If anything, Nurse's killrate is RAISED unfairly.

    If we balance around trash survivors, we have to balance around trash killers. So in other words, buff Nurse because trash killers can't play her. See what I mean? Your logic doesn't work.

    you've made it clear that you want easy wins.

    Why so presumptuous? Why so divisive?

    I posted this in another thread recently--does it sound like I want easy wins?

    image.png
    I'm trying to talk to you about statistics and youre jumping to conclusions about how I play a video game.


    Do you want to have a conversation, or would you prefer to continue being super passive aggressive?

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3118300#Comment_3118300

    It definitely does sound like you want easy wins if you're balancing for bad survivors but good killers. I'm not even trying to be passive aggressive, it's just that you literally can't justify your argument with anything other than "I want easy wins". So it's either that, or you just don't know what you're talking about.

    Just a word of advice...

    Putting words in other people's mouth has never been an effective means of communication

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3117988#Comment_3117988

    Such as? Most perks that people claim could be buffed if Nurse didn't exist would be stupidly OP on many other killers.

    Star struck (:

  • @Seanzu said:

    Don't worry, all the survivors and myself have decided to kill ourselves against her to raise her kill rate and get her nerfed /s lmao

    Should make the /s bigger, some big streamers might think it is true and spread more conspiracy theories.

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3117975#Comment_3117975

    Yes, and base-kit is fine.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3118079#Comment_3118079

    If someone wants to prove that Nurse is easy and overpowered, I'd assume a small kill streak wouldn't be hard to achieve, but apparently, Nurse isn't easy nor overpowered

    You can easily go on a nurse streak without addons and get multiple wins.

  • @Whoudini said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3118284#Comment_3118284

    You can easily go on a nurse streak without addons and get multiple wins.

    Again, I'm talking about good Survivors, not your average can't-look-behind-themselves kind of Survivors you find in pubs

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3118813#Comment_3118813

    Whis putting words in your mouth? You said these things, not me.

    You've been having an argument with yourself for the past 12 hours.

    You probably don't even know where I actually stand on this topic, because you're more concerned with trying to land hip mic-drop 'gotchas!' than engaging in a dialogue.

    Talking to you is like pulling teeth.

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3119008#Comment_3119008

    And where do you stand? For the past 12 hours, you've been denying what you said even though I have proof you said it. I'm not even trying to prove a point anymore, you just don't know what you're talking about.

    A summation of my comments in this thread so far:
    • If nurse is balanced, then every other killer is under-powered
    • Competitive DBD is a Joke
    • DBD should be balanced around the average player
    • It is not worth either of our time to engage in a dialogue, because we fundamentally disagree in our conclusions based on data released by the developers in the past
    • The statistics with which you have formed your conclusions are misleading; a.k.a your conclusions are built upon a weak foundation
    • The average survivor is bad--so what?--we need to balance around them
    • You are putting words in my mouth
    • You are jumping to conclusions
    • Don't put words in people's mouth


    This is everything I've said in this thread. I haven't denied saying any of these things.

    In fact... I should have left after saying "it is not worth either of our time to engage in a dialogue," because you proved me right tenfold.

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3120148#Comment_3120148

    Yup. So you want to balance around average survivors, who are bad. But not average Nurses, who are...also bad.

    That's my issue here. You want to create a double standard in balancing, and that's not gonna work.

    No, I disagree with your conclusion that the average nurse is bad.

    The data you are relying on to reach that conclusion is misleading.

  • At face value, yes - she has a low kill rate. However, I'd like to see the data which outlines her kill rates depending on the players' MMR. Her low-kill rate is probably linked to the fact that many people (particularly console players) find her difficult so only give her a couple of games before giving up. Baby Nurses are most prone to bullying because if you don't know what you're doing with her, she's so easily countered and absolutely annihilated by any survivors with a bit of common sense. She's not like other killers who can do moderately well even at low MMR because of their ease-of-use and player-friendly abilities (Bubba, Hag, Trickster, Nemesis, etc.).

    If there was a graph showing Nurse's kill rates in ratio to MMR, I'd imagine it's an almost flat line up until a certain player's level and then there's a sudden, almost vertical spike. A killer with such inconsistent kill-rates is not indicative of them being weak or underpowered (as the OP said), it suggests issues with core game mechanics and killer design.

  • Whatever u want, reduce its cooldown etc

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3118828#Comment_3118828

    Again, I'm talking about good Survivors, not your average can't-look-behind-themselves kind of Survivors you find in pubs

    Watch suppalf

  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3117554#Comment_3117554

    I don't watch tournament DBD (it's a joke) and I don't play tournament DBD.

    I was asked to build a comp team by people who play(ed) for the Golden Wolves, and I declined.

    Myself and 99.9% of DBD players should not care about tournament DBD.

    Joe Schmoe may have learned how to loop Wraith for an hour, after 9,000 hours of game time, but the average survivor can't even loop Wraith for a minute. Why should the game be balanced around Joe Schmoe, when he makes up less than 1% of the playerbase?

    ---

    ✅ Balance the game around the average player, and players will engage with the game longer.

    --> The longer players engage with the game, the better the average player becomes.

    ----> The better the average player becomes, the more the game needs to be balanced around higher skill play

    ------> The more the game needs to be balanced around higher skill pay, the more likely the game will be balanced around competitive play

    ⛔️ Try to balance the game around higher skill play before the average player is ready, and the average player will just leave.

    This seems contrary to how most games are balanced. That isn't to say that Average Joe should never be considered, but most games are balanced around what players at their peak are capable of, not people who are only capable of basic-moderate skill.

‹ 1 2