It looks like no one understands what the problem really is...

Most killers love the patch. Some don't.

Most survivors don't like the patch. Some do though...

Killers were buffed, yes. That's great. SWF will now have to be careful or they will be slaughtered...

It's not really about the patch itself and the buffs and the nerfs. The problem is you can't buff one side that potentially faces solo Q players 8 out of 10 matches when these Solo Q players that are mostly casual and have average-to-regular skills (well, yes, you can because that's what they have just done). Let alone the ones that are still afraid of the killers and hide in a corner.

Solo Q is BAD because we are four people in a team where potentially 75% of the people is bad at the game versus a buffed new killer playstyle. I can't choose who I'm playing with so I have to suck it up and have a terrible experience or simply play something else.

Casual solo Q players are but pigs walking into a slaughterhouse. And it's not me saying it, it's killers as well.

Comments

  • @Krazzik said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3081281#Comment_3081281

    There are still good perks to use though? Just because there are no Old Dead Hard tier perks around anymore doesn't mean there's not good ones.

    There's any reworked perk you find to be particularly strong?

  • Solo Q absolutely is an issue and it's about time we seriously get the developers to start taking the complaints about it seriously. You don't have to start big, but small things, like Kindred basekit, would go a long way.

  • @Dead_Harder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3080411#Comment_3080411

    Holy ######### 44% of survivors are SWF?? I assumed much, much lower what the actual #########?

    To be fair, the majority of that is 2-swf. but 4 swf is not uncommon, but we have known that for years.

  • I didnt, its hard to tell in game unless they are doing something stupid like all boil over/breakout/sabo build

  • @Biscuits said:

    They just showed us that 56% of the player base is soloQ survivors, and people on the forums don't understand why survivor mains are quitting. We were told this patch was going to make camping and tunneling harder, so that soloQ survivors felt like they had tools to deal with it. What it ended up doing was not touching camping at all, and actually making tunneling something you should do. On top of making killers stronger and nerfing your best tools to deal with tunneling.

    Anyone telling you to calm down and stop whining, is not doing you any favors, they are trying to shut you up.

    Where did they show that?

  • I am on EST, and historically for me they are instant from somewhere around 6AM to around 7-8 PM. Then the queue times climb super fast. Now it has a slight delay each match up (minimum 15 seconds or so) but it has yet to go beyond 2 minutes, regardless of the hour, so far.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    You got a point there. BHVR is working on a solution to bring soloQ gameplay much more on par with SWF via icons that showcase what action everyone is doing. The original plan was to first buff soloQ to semi-SWF levels and then balance killers accordingly, but I guess they had to sidestep their original plan, because the killer experience was getting worse and worse, tanking killer numbers to unprecidented low numbers.

    I totally feel you and think that BHVR is still working on that action icons. It sometimes sucks that things that are important to you are proceeding so slowly, but believe me, this buff for killers was sorely needed! I wish though that the action icons are coming pretty soon, as this will help even soloQ players to somewhat coordinate and not waste precious time on redundant actions.

    What sticks out as a sore thumb, though is that BHVR hasn`t touched the camping and tunneling problem in the slightest. DH needed to go and the 10% killer buff was also needed to shake the killers role as a punshing bag and party gag, but camping and tunneling now seems to run even more rampant then ever. I can't understand why, because the game is finally fun again as killer, but here we are. I hope that we will see more like a carrot solution instead of a stick, but only time will tell. Maybe give the killer a crow notification of the furthest survivor when hooking, so that they are incentived to move there while also slowing down hook progression while not in chase and too close to the hook.

    100% agree and I really like how you wrote this. You noted that both sides needed tweaking, but now there's one side that's hanging over the edge of the cliff and it seems that that side is being left to hang. The HUD icons would make SoloQ a lot more healthier. Sure, not everyone will look at the icons on your team, but there are a lot who will and won't have to have a perk slot be taken up by information perks.

  • @Exxodus21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3080435#Comment_3080435

    This. This right here is the problem with the game. Too many survivors throw hissy fits when they don't get their way so they DC hoping to bully the devs into giving them their easy mode back.

    It's time to make harsher DC penalties.

    Mandy said dc matches are not used to get statistics. Add more penalties and these people will stop moving and then these game will be another 4k to the statistics

  • So take away SWF, Solo's and Perks for a moment...

    Maps being what they are

    Regression being what it is

    Progression being what it is now

    Throw in 10 more seconds of repair

    Items and Addons being what they are

    So what's the real issue...

  • @dictep said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3080550#Comment_3080550

    Mandy said dc matches are not used to get statistics. Add more penalties and these people will stop moving and then these game will be another 4k to the statistics

    This has nothing to do with statistics. A wave of people DC makes the rest of the players unhappy because it's impossible to win a 3 v 1 so they stop playing. It's just a bully tactic to force the devs to comply by ruining the game for others to the point they quit and BHVR loses money.

  • @Dead_Harder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3080411#Comment_3080411

    Holy ######### 44% of survivors are SWF?? I assumed much, much lower what the actual #########?

    13% are SWFs, the rest of the numbers were 2 mans, 3mans. I don't remember where I saw it, if it was in the live stream or data released after. Or a streamer looking at it again after the live stream.

  • @Gorgonia said:

    Most killers love the patch. Some don't.

    Most survivors don't like the patch. Some do though...

    Killers were buffed, yes. That's great. SWF will now have to be careful or they will be slaughtered...

    It's not really about the patch itself and the buffs and the nerfs. The problem is you can't buff one side that potentially faces solo Q players 8 out of 10 matches when these Solo Q players that are mostly casual and have average-to-regular skills (well, yes, you can because that's what they have just done). Let alone the ones that are still afraid of the killers and hide in a corner.

    Solo Q is BAD because we are four people in a team where potentially 75% of the people is bad at the game versus a buffed new killer playstyle. I can't choose who I'm playing with so I have to suck it up and have a terrible experience or simply play something else.

    Casual solo Q players are but pigs walking into a slaughterhouse. And it's not me saying it, it's killers as well.

    Jesus christ... you called them pigs getting slaughtered... man chill out you can seduce huntress canonically now

  • @Biscuits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3081291#Comment_3081291

    13% are SWFs, the rest of the numbers were 2 mans, 3mans. I don't remember where I saw it, if it was in the live stream or data released after. Or a streamer looking at it again after the live stream.

    someone posted the graph in another post... 56% were solo, less than 30 were 2-man SWF, the other 14-15% were 3-man and 4-man SWF.

  • @MilManson said:

    I'm just killing myself on the hook now if I get hooked first, don't wanna drag a boring game out.

    I think the majority of people are doing that. It's the new meta.

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3080503#Comment_3080503

    OTR is almost 100%

    Lucky Break feels pretty good and consistently let me drop the first chase easily.

    And after that it becomes a bit complicated.

    Sprint Burst or Lithe (Sprint Burst is better but more difficult to use properly). DH isn't out yet but it feels too difficult to use well.

    And on the still-to-be-sorted-out pile, there is:

    Hope, Lightweight, Quick & Quiet, Dance with me on one side.

    Breakout, WGLF on the other. Maybe with saboteur too but I'd rather use a toolbox at the moment.

    Depending on the desired role.

    I've had some fun using Overcome. Although it has limited use.

  • @Gary_Coleman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3080529#Comment_3080529

    I've had some fun using Overcome. Although it has limited use.

    Didn't we have this conversation earlier? I'm falling asleep so I may be half dreaming already.

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3083701#Comment_3083701

    Didn't we have this conversation earlier? I'm falling asleep so I may be half dreaming already.

    Lol! I think we did.

  • @Gorgonia said:

    Most killers love the patch. Some don't.

    Most survivors don't like the patch. Some do though...

    Killers were buffed, yes. That's great. SWF will now have to be careful or they will be slaughtered...

    It's not really about the patch itself and the buffs and the nerfs. The problem is you can't buff one side that potentially faces solo Q players 8 out of 10 matches when these Solo Q players that are mostly casual and have average-to-regular skills (well, yes, you can because that's what they have just done). Let alone the ones that are still afraid of the killers and hide in a corner.

    Solo Q is BAD because we are four people in a team where potentially 75% of the people is bad at the game versus a buffed new killer playstyle. I can't choose who I'm playing with so I have to suck it up and have a terrible experience or simply play something else.

    Casual solo Q players are but pigs walking into a slaughterhouse. And it's not me saying it, it's killers as well.

    And LoL is the same way. Most players are solo and can get shafted by teammates. But they have to balance for the high ranks where its competitive, its what makes sense for any game. And in an asymetrical game the 1 needs to be more powerful then a single one of the 4, or even more then that. And the 4 need to work together. And that dosen't happen alot in SoloQ. And thats with all team based competitive games. Sometimes...you just lose.

  • @Vetrathene said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/336210/it-looks-like-no-one-understands-what-the-problem-really-is

    And LoL is the same way. Most players are solo and can get shafted by teammates. But they have to balance for the high ranks where its competitive, its what makes sense for any game. And in an asymetrical game the 1 needs to be more powerful then a single one of the 4, or even more then that. And the 4 need to work together. And that dosen't happen alot in SoloQ. And thats with all team based competitive games. Sometimes...you just lose.

    You can't work together with people you can't communicate with in any way... YET, in games like Evil Dead, with the ability to mark stuff or places, etc, you do really great as a team.

    It's not about "Sometimes you just lose". This isn't a eSport even though some people play it as if it were.

  • @Gorgonia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3084386#Comment_3084386

    You can't work together with people you can't communicate with in any way... YET, in games like Evil Dead, with the ability to mark stuff or places, etc, you do really great as a team.

    It's not about "Sometimes you just lose". This isn't a eSport even though some people play it as if it were.

    I agree there needs to be a communication system for survivors in this game, ever since SWF they've needed to add it because it would make balancing SO much easier. But I've also won games in this and other competetive games with no communiocation but still won. Its not an impossiblty because of the new updates. Harder, yes, but survivors have needed to be harder and killers needed to be easier for YEARS.

  • @Vetrathene said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3084388#Comment_3084388

    I agree there needs to be a communication system for survivors in this game, ever since SWF they've needed to add it because it would make balancing SO much easier. But I've also won games in this and other competetive games with no communiocation but still won. Its not an impossiblty because of the new updates. Harder, yes, but survivors have needed to be harder and killers needed to be easier for YEARS.

    When you are lucky enough to get a competent team of solos or 2/3-man SWF, it can go smoother. It's not always the case.

  • @Alphasoul05 said:

    Solo Q absolutely is an issue and it's about time we seriously get the developers to start taking the complaints about it seriously. You don't have to start big, but small things, like Kindred basekit, would go a long way.

    With solo Q players making up the majority, what we need to do is either stop giving them money for some of the worst cosmetics I've ever seen in a game or stop using their crappily updated perks they created to try to make us play the way they want us to. Which means play every game from now until they fix it without perks. Show them that if they won't give us the perks we want, the way we want them, we won't play with the crap they're trying to force down our throats.

  • @Gorgonia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3083203#Comment_3083203

    someone posted the graph in another post... 56% were solo, less than 30 were 2-man SWF, the other 14-15% were 3-man and 4-man SWF.

    Since the majority of players are solo queue players, what we need to do is to either stop giving them money for some of the worst cosmetics I've ever seen in a game or play without any perks at all until they fix it. They either give us the perks we want the way we want them or we just won't use any of their perks and let them waste money by creating them.

  • You know it's funny because people are still using DH, DS, IW and SC... even when it takes the same time to heal that it would take repairing two gens xD

1 2 ›