From a PS payer: please, XBOX and PC players, stop disconnecting at first hook.

Thank you.

And no, I´ll still use crossplay, I shouldn´t endure long lobby waits because of them.

Comments

  • From a PC player, please console players stop disconnecting at the first hook

  • From a PC player with a console controller, please just stop??? Idc what ur playing on, stahp.

  • From a PC player, please.

    Stop assuming a crossplay symbol is one of us, can easily be some one on PS4/Xbox or one of the 4 people who play on Switch

  • @Yankus said:

    From a PC player, please console players stop disconnecting at the first hook


    I play since 2018, +700 hs per year, and the proportion of this happening is 90% PC - 10% Console.

  • What is with these threads today?

  • @Shroompy said:

    From a PC player, please.

    Stop assuming a crossplay symbol is one of us, can easily be some one on PS4/Xbox or one of the 4 people who play on Switch


    Right, because console players can use nicknames that are obviously edited for DBD 🙄

  • @OldSilentHill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3040146#Comment_3040146

    I play since 2018, +700 hs per year, and the proportion of this happening is 90% PC - 10% Console.

    And you know this how exactly?

  • @Shroompy said:

    From a PC player, please.

    Stop assuming a crossplay symbol is one of us, can easily be some one on PS4/Xbox or one of the 4 people who play on Switch

    I was going to post something similar / ask how they know they know it is a PC player...

    They didn't really think this through @_@

  • @Shaped said:

    What is with these threads today?


    I´m tired of playing 1-2 normal games per hour and I´m probably not the only one.

  • Apparently it's othering anyone with a globe icon day.

    I mean it always kinda is, but people are really on their BS today.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3040154#Comment_3040154

    I was going to post something similar / ask how they know they know it is a PC player...

    They didn't really think this through @_@


    Unless it has changed, PC players are the only user that can edit their nicknames for DBD.

    Nicknames like "Hook_on_you", "DBD_Master" and thousand others are pretty obvious.


  • The answer is in the very same text you quoted.

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    Apparently it's othering anyone with a globe icon day.

    I mean it always kinda is, but people are really on their BS today.


    The nickname is the key, not the globe icon.

  • Can we just stop pointing fingers at everybody

  • @Yankus said:

    From a PC player, please console players stop disconnecting at the first hook

    I know right? I had to read the title a couple of times to make sure I wasn't getting PC and console mixed up LOL. Cuz THIS PC player is TIRED of console players peacing out all the time XD

  • @Remedicist said:

    Can we just stop pointing fingers at everybody


    I´m not talking to all PC players but to those who disconnect at the first hook.

    Don´t use the suit if it doesn´t fit.

  • @OldSilentHill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3040165#Comment_3040165

    Unless it has changed, PC players are the only user that can edit their nicknames for DBD.

    Nicknames like "Hook_on_you", "DBD_Master" and thousand others are pretty obvious.

    You can change your PSN username (though you have to pay for it after the first change, so it's less likely you'll see it as much), and XBox gamertag, and that is reflected in your DBD name, so it is possible on other platforms.

  • then do damn gen instead of pooping behind the rock and being useless

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3040182#Comment_3040182

    You can change your PSN username (though you have to pay for it after the first change, so it's less likely you'll see it as much), and XBox gamertag, and that is reflected in your DBD name, so it is possible on other platforms.


    You can do it once in PSN and nobody will change their username name to "ClownKillerisyourDaddy" for just one game.

    PC players can play with their nicknames on a daily basis, so you are comparing a paper boat with the Titanic.

  • @NerfedFreddy said:

    then do damn gen instead of pooping behind the rock and being useless


    Tell that to useless players, not me.

  • @OldSilentHill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3040200#Comment_3040200

    You can do it once in PSN and nobody will change their username name to "ClownKillerisyourDaddy" for just one game.

    PC players can play with their nicknames on a daily basis, so you are comparing a paper boat with the Titanic.

    I didn't say that it was common, just possible. And you can do it any number of times in PSN, so long as you are willing to pay $10 a pop.

    To the point of the topic, everyone and their damned cousin DCs, and I hate it, but I don't see this coming from any one sector more than others.

  • Anecdotal, a-posteriori knowledge? So the least trustworthy form of proof?

    Wonderful.

  • @OldSilentHill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3040154#Comment_3040154

    Right, because console players can use nicknames that are obviously edited for DBD 🙄

    Ive seen many players with dbd nicknames that have a crossplay symbol, even before and after Epic Games came into the mix

    And I highly doubt every single one of them was from Windows Store

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3040205#Comment_3040205

    I didn't say that it was common, just possible. And you can do it any number of times in PSN, so long as you are willing to pay $10 a pop.

    To the point of the topic, everyone and their damned cousin DCs, and I hate it, but I don't see this coming from any one sector more than others.

    @OldSilentHill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3040165#Comment_3040165

    Unless it has changed, PC players are the only user that can edit their nicknames for DBD.

    Nicknames like "Hook_on_you", "DBD_Master" and thousand others are pretty obvious.

    You can create alt accounts on PSN as long as the main one has PS+, family accounts using Game Pass, etc.

  • So the main arguments are that my +3000 hs in DBD are worthless as a testimony, that PSN users can pay $10 to change their nicknames and that high-ranked users come from multi-accounts in the same console.

    Ok guys 😂

  • @OldSilentHill said:

    So the main arguments are that my +3000 hs in DBD are worthless as a testimony, that PSN users can pay $10 to change their nicknames and that high-ranked users come from multi-accounts in the same console.

    Ok guys 😂

    I mean, you didn't know that console players do have the means to change their nicknames, so those 3000+ hours clearly don't count for much as far as this particular discussion.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3040322#Comment_3040322

    I mean, you didn't know that console players do have the means to change their nicknames, so those 3000+ hours clearly don't count for much as far as this particular discussion.

    Yeah, they seem pretty ignorant, haha

  • @OldSilentHill said:

    So the main arguments are that my +3000 hs in DBD are worthless as a testimony, that PSN users can pay $10 to change their nicknames and that high-ranked users come from multi-accounts in the same console.

    Ok guys 😂

    Correct, one person's experience, regardless of how extensive it is, doesn't constitute immutable fact. Not worthless, just a drop in the informational bucket, and not nearly enough to justify a sweeping generalization. Other people saying they haven't noticed that in their thousands of hours of gameplay means just as much.

    And obviously PC players can more easily change their names and are much more likely to have DBD-centric names; I only mentioned the ability to change username because you said it was only available to PC users, which was just factually incorrect.

  • There's multiple platforms that could be doing this. Console players should stop assuming anyone with globe is a PC player because it could be which ever console platform they're not on between ps/xbox/switch. PC players should stop assuming anyone with a globe is console because it could be whatever PC platform they're not on between steam/epic/stadia/windows store. This pc v console crap is wicked obnoxious.

  • From a PC and console player,

    Please stop assuming that PC players are the only ones with the cross play symbol. There's also PS4/PS5/Xbox/Windows/Switch players. This PC vs Console nonsense needs to stop.

  • @OldSilentHill said:

    So the main arguments are that my +3000 hs in DBD are worthless as a testimony, that PSN users can pay $10 to change their nicknames and that high-ranked users come from multi-accounts in the same console.

    Ok guys 😂

    Xbox players can change their name the same as steam and I'm on PC with 12,000 hours , legacy skins, and I don't ever DC so what's your point? You don't know who you're playing with you're just making yourself look like a fool touting all that nonsense like every globe is pc

  • As a person that plays things

    Please

    Stop thinking that anyone not inside of some arbitrary in-group you assign to yourself is the root cause of your issues.

    Cuz that's how THEY win.

    Yes, THEM.

    You know who I mean.

    Untitled Image


  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3040322#Comment_3040322

    I mean, you didn't know that console players do have the means to change their nicknames, so those 3000+ hours clearly don't count for much as far as this particular discussion.


    Wrong, I know they can, but most just won´t do it and certainly not to change it for a trolling name in a single game like DBD.

    Common sense.

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3040322#Comment_3040322

    Correct, one person's experience, regardless of how extensive it is, doesn't constitute immutable fact. Not worthless, just a drop in the informational bucket, and not nearly enough to justify a sweeping generalization. Other people saying they haven't noticed that in their thousands of hours of gameplay means just as much.

    And obviously PC players can more easily change their names and are much more likely to have DBD-centric names; I only mentioned the ability to change username because you said it was only available to PC users, which was just factually incorrect.

    Within normal and free conditions, they are, that´s what I meant.

    Still, PC players disconnect a lot often, that´s a fact that I can still see in a daily basis.

  • @bm33 said:

    There's multiple platforms that could be doing this. Console players should stop assuming anyone with globe is a PC player because it could be which ever console platform they're not on between ps/xbox/switch. PC players should stop assuming anyone with a globe is console because it could be whatever PC platform they're not on between steam/epic/stadia/windows store. This pc v console crap is wicked obnoxious.


    Nop, trolling nicknames DBD related are 95% PC players, that´s common sense.

  • @Aurelle said:

    From a PC and console player,

    Please stop assuming that PC players are the only ones with the cross play symbol. There's also PS4/PS5/Xbox/Windows/Switch players. This PC vs Console nonsense needs to stop.


    It´s the nickname, not the globe icon.

    Next time read the thread before answering.

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3040322#Comment_3040322

    Xbox players can change their name the same as steam and I'm on PC with 12,000 hours , legacy skins, and I don't ever DC so what's your point? You don't know who you're playing with you're just making yourself look like a fool touting all that nonsense like every globe is pc


    So, I should say non-PS players? Is that what you are telling me?

  • @OldSilentHill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3040567#Comment_3040567

    So, I should say non-PS players? Is that what you are telling me?

    I'm just pointing out that Xbox can also change their gamertag, it's foolish to assume everyone is PC with a globe because sometimes they have a globe for me with those names and idk if its Xbox, ps, windows, switch or whatever they're on, and if someone likes DBD enough they may change their name and pay for it on console I've also seen that before, we can agree that DC is unnecessary and those people need a harsher punishment but what you're doing is no different than someone with a stuck up attitude on PC looking down on any console player which is also something I don't agree with

  • The game is boring as is, i'm not going to tolerate suffering with bad console bozos

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3040621#Comment_3040621

    I'm just pointing out that Xbox can also change their gamertag, it's foolish to assume everyone is PC with a globe because sometimes they have a globe for me with those names and idk if its Xbox, ps, windows, switch or whatever they're on, and if someone likes DBD enough they may change their name and pay for it on console I've also seen that before, we can agree that DC is unnecessary and those people need a harsher punishment but what you're doing is no different than someone with a stuck up attitude on PC looking down on any console player which is also something I don't agree with


    Actually, now that you mention the periods that I´ve been not using the crossplay the DC was almost non-existent.

  • @OldSilentHill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3040429#Comment_3040429

    It´s the nickname, not the globe icon.

    Next time read the thread before answering.

    I was replying to the main thread, not the comments. Nothing in the main thread stated anything about nicknames. And I'm not going to say anything else because others have explained it already.

  • @OldSilentHill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3040334#Comment_3040334

    Wrong, I know they can, but most just won´t do it and certainly not to change it for a trolling name in a single game like DBD.

    Common sense.

    You clearly didn't:

    @OldSilentHill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3040165#Comment_3040165

    Unless it has changed, PC players are the only user that can edit their nicknames for DBD.

    Nicknames like "Hook_on_you", "DBD_Master" and thousand others are pretty obvious.


  • Console and PC players are natural enemies. Like PS and Globe icons! Or Xbox and Globe icons! Or PC and Globe icons! Or Globe icons and other Globe icons! Damn Globe icons! They ruined Dead By Daylight!

  • Hey, over the event I was tracking some stats, I had about 4 survivors DC, I play on Console, here are the screenshots from those DCs.

    image.png image.png image.png

    Clearly, from my evidence, console players dc only, of course It could just be an epic player but none of these names have under scores or spaces so clearly the 100% absolutely have to be console and you can't take backsies.

  • @OldSilentHill said:

    Thank you.

    And no, I´ll still use crossplay, I shouldn´t endure long lobby waits because of them.

    Everyone even my fellow PlayStation player do it unfortunately

  • From a killer player...... Survivors, on all platforms, please stop DC'ing when you are hooked or my Piggy gives you a party hat! It's so rude!

  • From a PS Player: Shut up, every plattform is playing the same.

  • @Ruma said:

    From a PS Player: Shut up, every plattform is playing the same.

    This^^^^^^^^^^^^ Exactly!

  • @Ruma said:

    From a PS Player: Shut up, every plattform is playing the same.

    I second this as a PS Player.

  • @Seanzu said:

    Hey, over the event I was tracking some stats, I had about 4 survivors DC, I play on Console, here are the screenshots from those DCs.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/OKMN6GQT8HYW/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/DITAU8HRAVER/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/5VZZETGVOK3U/image.png

    Clearly, from my evidence, console players dc only, of course It could just be an epic player but none of these names have under scores or spaces so clearly the 100% absolutely have to be console and you can't take backsies.

    How amazing from you for putting more fuel into this stupis war.

    Every plattform is playing the same.



    Besides that, do you really think that 4 of YOUR screenshots is proving anything?

‹ 1 2