DC rates are insane !
literaly every game 1 or more survivor is DC'ing preventing me from my BBQ stack
please give 3000 Blood Points for each person that DC's to the killer !!!!
it's really fraustraiting !
literaly every game 1 or more survivor is DC'ing preventing me from my BBQ stack
please give 3000 Blood Points for each person that DC's to the killer !!!!
it's really fraustraiting !
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Yes, it is fair. The Killer had to find a Survivor, win the chase, then deal with any potential bodyblockers, flashlights, etc., just to get them on the hook. At that point, the Killer has every right to capitalize on his catch. Shows you don't play Killer.
It's easy to counter it solo. Repair gens, find hatch, leave. If you're the one on the hook, find out what you did wrong (yes, because you are the one who made mistakes, or else you wouldn't have lost) and learn from it so that you can play better.
Yes, playing SWF is easier than playing solo. Practically having wallhacks and a semi-hive mind is always easier than playing by yourself. Very few people say SWF needs to be removed; most just say that they need nerfs to compensate for the obvious advantage of being omniscient.
Again, I'm not a Killer main. If you intend to talk to a Killer main, you're quoting the wrong person. Try reading our names, maybe you won't be confused that way. I am Orion.
If you die to a camper, yes, that is 100% on you. Either you ######### up and wound up on the hook, or you ######### up by not rushing gens and getting the hatch. Either way, you made mistakes.
I use DS, SB and all that stuff when i got the daily of being chased by the killer for 2 minutes.
If not, i use kindred, bond, open handed and small game. Personally i think information is the strongest weapon a survivor can get and it's been a really solid build so far.
I prefer Premonition, Dark Sense, Iron Will, and Urban Evasion. Information on one side and stealth on the other.
WELCOME TO DEAD BY DCLIGHT
Because its the survivors fault for making camping a solid strategy and you just explained why.
He said that Killers start the problem by not allowing Survivors to do what they want, do you honestly think logic will work on him?
No but since he is not outright insulting, I try at least
But isn't that what survivor say to killer all the time?
Problem with gen rush? Bring Ruin.
Problem with pallets? Bring BS.
Problems with items? Bring FD.
etc.
We killer player hear that stuff for 2 years now.^^
If they made ranks actually matter and added a rank reward we'd probably see a lot less DC's. That said it's "being worked on" by the team for maybe a year+ now...
I played 21 today, and only 1 camper and thats cause exit gates were powered. Camping is really little now, it's tunneling that's a problem.
Which language is that btw?
That's too sarcastic.
I wasn't being sarcastic. Who the hell rage quits while they're winning?
What rank are you?
just because a survivor farms another off a hook in front of a killer, it doesn't mean the killer must capitalize on the event. unless of course, they are desperate.
It also doesn't mean they have to play inefficiently/stupidly and go after the harder target. Unless, of course, they're a Killvivor.
I'm not trying to do anything. I'm succeeding at explaining that it's not the Killer's fault if Survivors decide to farm each other, and it's not on the Killer to make it right. Survivor mains need to get their ######### together instead of blaming the guy who's actually playing well.
The Killer isn't the one getting his teammates killed. He's simply capitalizing on bad plays made by the other team. That's playing well.
Good for you. Some people would rather play efficiently instead of purposefully handicapping themselves.
They're ignoring the main point.
The survivor waits but the killer won't leave. The person on the hook is seconds way from going into the struggle stage so the survivor unhooks anyway as there is nothing to lose.
Somehow it's the survivors fault for making risky unhooks....even thought they wait and the killer has no intention of leaving.
The killer causes this situation by patrolling around tethered to the hook for the full 2 minutes. Then try to blame it on survivors LOL
You could also... y'know, not rescue. Just because you want to do something doesn't mean you should be able to, especially when the guy you're supposed to fear is right there. You're playing the weaker role. Act like it.
End of the day it is a videogame, try to have fun with chases rather than sitting around a hook.
Oh and stop trying to shift the blame. The killer causes the situation by refusing to move. Its a tactic bad players use because they cant catch survivors.
The Survivor causes the situation by rewarding the bad tactic, turning it into a useful tactic. Stop trying to shift the blame.
I swear, only Survivor mains could blame hook farming on the Killer instead of their greedy, vulturous teammates.
Are you serious?
You think that's how a killer should play?
Just watch the survivor make bad plays and let them get away with it?
So the survivor show no "fear"(respect?) of the killer and rescue right beside him and he should show "mercy" and let the rescued go to take on the much harder chase?
WHY?
Just to make survivor happy?
And in the end he will get tbagged at the gate and get an "gg ez baby killer" in the after match chat??
Context matters though. If there are still 5 gens and Ruin up and you already have a hook on EVERYONE you can afford to be merciful. The problem is, too many killers are so hungry for a 4k they won't show mercy at all, even when it's pretty clear they are going to 3k/4k regardless. If the survivors are actually doing gens and totems, then it's a different story, and yes you should punish that.
This is how it was during the Halloween event. NO ONE did gens, everyone just rushed plants for the first week then let themselves die on hooks. Killers still brought pink mori's and tunnel/camped survivors really hard even though nothing was getting done. It was so sweet then to see all the boosted killers get their comeuppance the following week after everyone got their vials, and survivors gen rushed the crap out of every killer to make up for the previous week. You could easily tell killers that just sweated through event trials where the survivors basically gave them a 4k.
Point is, if it's a game where you NEED to sweat, fine. But if it's a game where it's pretty obvious no one will escape then you can easily give out some freebies for more BP and fun chases. Unless you actually find tunneling/camping fun to do, in which case carry on, but I can't fathom how anyone can find that fun to do as killer. I'd rather do my taxes with pencil and paper.
How often do you see the first scenario happen?
The reality -at least in mid to high rank matches- is Ruin gone, 2 (maybe 3) gens done, first victim on the hook, disrespectful player with flashlight in your face trying to do bad bait for his buddy, who's lunchbox sticks out behind a tree.
I think it is annoying for both survivors and killers. If you're going to give a killer a free 3000bp then wouldn't they give it to the survivors too? It's just as annoying for either.
I see it often enough for me to be considerate of other player's experience and not immediately start try-harding. Rank 1 survivors aren't all amazing you know. A lot of them actually suck.
Likewise I see games as survivor where the whole team just gen rushes like crazy and the killer barely gets a hook. I'll usually go out of my way to NOT gen rush unless I feel like I have to. I do my 1 gen solo for my Lightbringer, then focus on totems, saves, heals, chests, chases, whatever. When I run my No Mither FIght Club build I will just give myself to a killer that had a game like that at the end. I did a gen and had like 3 saves and 2 long ass chases. I'm going to pip live or die, so what.
Also just because someone uses a FL and makes attempts to save another survivor doesn't make them disrespectful. Wait until after the game ends to see if they disrespect you or not, don't just assume. I mean it is in their best interest to keep each other alive as long as possible, and they do get points for doing this stuff. Like I don't get how killers get mad when survivors body block. That's a free 10 points on Benevolence, and like 500 BP for altruism (not sure here). So hell yea if I can afford to take a hit I totally will, doesn't mean I'm being toxic though. I'm just doing what a survivor SHOULD do.
Threads asking to sabot events hooks, boil over, DS and bodyblocks all over the place etc
Both sides there did everything to ruin the even to others
Especially the entitled ones wanting to sabo the event so, yeah
Dude it was easy AF to get event hooks especially when survivors would often let you kill them so they can get their next vial faster. OMG survivors used DS and body blocked my hook, what else is new? It's not at all comparable to camp/tunnel/mori someone since they weren't planning to escape anyway. There really was only so much they could do to stop you from getting the hook. Run Iron Grasp and Agi (now also Mad Grit) and you shouldn't have a problem.
And really Boiled Over? If that perks gives you trouble as killer then IDK what else to say to you.
Can we please drop any debates about the stupid event?
Of course the killer is desperate if he takes advantage out of a survivor missplay.
it's called sportsmanship but i suppose you love hooks dropping when you are about to hook someone. they play like that, then yes i'll drop all that but acting like a desperado garners no respect from me.
exactly.
Serious? "Sportsmanship", in a horror survival game that is based on slasher movies?
The evil incarnate, psycho, serial killer should act like a "good sportsman"?
In most horror movies the killer chases their victim. They don't just sit around waiting.
Really? Jason want to have a talk to you…
It's called "baiting".
Freddy and Michael chase a lot.
Have you ever seen them doing the Benny Hill show?
When I first started I had that tune stuck in my head when I got looped over and over.