So are we not suppose to play solo que no more?

This patch was something...

But it seems like there's no acknowledgment for solo que at all. So self-care having a high pick-rate justified it being gutted, stomped, and thrown to the dumpster? Oh okay sure.

Killers getting general improvements, but nothing to help solo's? The mini base-kit BT will do VERY little if not nothing in a solo group.

When can we expect to have changes that are suppose to bridge the gap between solo's and swf's? This gap is responsible for the balance too.

Comments

  • @whammigobambam said:

    Gen times increased and hook times decreased by monstrous shrine basement seems like a huge step in the wrong direction when it comes to camping and tunneling.

    This wouldn't be an issue if bhvr hadn't just stated that camping and tunneling is something they're looking to fix in their game.

    Monstrous Shrine deactivates if you're within 24m, so that one won't make a difference for camping- in fact, if killers are running it they can't camp.

  • @Mazoobi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022663#Comment_3022663

    True.

    I'm currently enjoying running defensive plague builds so seeing thanatophobia getting buffed was a bit shocking considering as you said, is getting indirectly buffed with the increased gen times. I'm not 100% sure if Overcharge and Call of Brine can stack but if they can as many forum users have said, then that'll be insane.

    It appears that the devs are trying to give the lesser-used gen perks some heavy attention.

    Something that I don't understand is why they seemed to have given so much attention to lesser used slowdown perks though. I kind of wish they would have buffed more of the other perks.

    I can only pray to god that Overcharge and Call of Brine do not stack, that would be so, so bad. It would literally make certain matches unwinnable for survivors in a 3 gen sccenario. I remember the problem of Doc being able to hold the game pretty much hostage in certain 3 gen scenarios, this would make that come back.

    And honestly, on top of that, the Overcharge buff is too much, it shoudl go up to 300%, if anything. The fact that it also hurts newer players more than experienced players makes me wish they would have buffed a different perk instead as well. It makes no sense to nerf meta slowdown perks, just for them to buff Overcharge and Eruption to their level. Those perks can not get to the live game with those values. Same for Thana. The other slowdown perk buffs are fine I would argue.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022833#Comment_3022833

    Monstrous Shrine deactivates if you're within 24m, so that one won't make a difference for camping- in fact, if killers are running it they can't camp.

    24 meters is like 5 seconds away from the shack.

    Even less if you're a high mobility killer.

  • @malloymk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022939#Comment_3022939

    24 meters is like 5 seconds away from the shack.

    Even less if you're a high mobility killer.

    I'm not saying you can't get back there, you can obviously still contest the unhook, but you can't camp it and force hook progression because you have to be far enough away that a save can be attempted.

    At worst, that's neutral. It clearly isn't a "buff" to camping.

  • The biggest problem in this game is the gap between swf and solo q and they really made it even worse. You will never see self care in a swf, you will never see spine chill in a swf. The self care change is the worst. Solo q players would be better off if they simply removed self care from the game.

  • SoloQ was never their intention... SoloQ only happens because it's unreasonable to have 4 friends always available. Killer queues would be endless.

  • Why do you say that?

    Kindred is only active while someone is on a hook. SWFs get communication 24/7... What am I missing here?

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022806#Comment_3022806

    Something that I don't understand is why they seemed to have given so much attention to lesser used slowdown perks though. I kind of wish they would have buffed more of the other perks.

    I can only pray to god that Overcharge and Call of Brine do not stack, that would be so, so bad. It would literally make certain matches unwinnable for survivors in a 3 gen sccenario. I remember the problem of Doc being able to hold the game pretty much hostage in certain 3 gen scenarios, this would make that come back.

    And honestly, on top of that, the Overcharge buff is too much, it shoudl go up to 300%, if anything. The fact that it also hurts newer players more than experienced players makes me wish they would have buffed a different perk instead as well. It makes no sense to nerf meta slowdown perks, just for them to buff Overcharge and Eruption to their level. Those perks can not get to the live game with those values. Same for Thana. The other slowdown perk buffs are fine I would argue.

    Overcharge having the ability to skyrocket to 400% in a matter of 30 seconds seems very absurd unless survivors camp the hell out of gens denying the regression. 300% does seem reasonable considering Old Ruin and Call of Brine's 200% was/is oppressive.

    Since gen times are getting increased, I can agree that they could've looked at other perks. I was actually glad Eruption got buffed since I've always wanted to give it a permanent slot in my builds, but it just didn't do enough in my games. I feel like the incapacitated duration may seem a bit longer now. Maybe 20 seconds instead of 25 at tier 3?

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3017345#Comment_3017345

    This isn't a mystery game.

    Your comment is bias, this is not a step in the right direction, unless you want more free kills, then yes.

    I mean considering Killers have not been getting enough kills according to the devs, they needed a buff. I find the other half of the game to be more pressing than solo cue, bc if killer isn't doing well there is no survivor gameplay, cause no one will play killer.

  • Remember those little status icons? I think solo queue are supposed to get by with those, if they ever implement them.

  • @Krazzik said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3018189#Comment_3018189

    Spoiler Alert: Your teammates will continue to use Self-Care, they'll just spend longer wasting time in the corner now.

    Not looking forward to a tier 1 Self Care teammate healing at 25% every time they are hit.

  • @Fuzzycube said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3018212#Comment_3018212

    Not looking forward to a tier 1 Self Care teammate healing at 25% every time they are hit.

    Afflicted with sloppy butcher too... yikes.

  • @Ripley said:

    Remember those little status icons? I think solo queue are supposed to get by with those, if they ever implement them.

    I wonder when those would be added IF they're still in development.

    It would be really really really convenient.

  • @DaddyMyers_Mori said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3017429#Comment_3017429

    No, it wouldn't. You see where is killer going. You don't see how is that good?

    It's not just facecampers, those don't care if you know about them or not.

    My friend is using Kindred with Open-Handed and it's really strong. It's good idea to bring killer close while looping, because you just can't be mind gamed.

    That was going to be my point as well. Seeing where the killer is headed is extremely useful. Kindred never leaves my build.

  • @th3syst3m said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3018268#Comment_3018268

    You sound like one of those killers that only get wins from solo teams that play like crap. Anytime you play against a team with even a shred of game sense you get your ######### pushed in.

    actually i can 4k just fine, i tend to struggle when all 4 survivors bring the strongest perks and play in coms since i play stealth based killers like onyru and ghostie. But go ahead and keep trash talking with nothing to back it up. Your perks got touched now it's nothing but tears on the forums, or how would you put it? "git gud baby survivor"?

  • @DaddyMyers_Mori said:

    Kindred basekit -> survivor aura? yes.

    Killer aura? hell no

    I was honestly thinking the other way around. See if the Killer is by the hook, but not know if your team was going for the save, forcing a decision. Though comms would render that moot.

  • And missing the Coulrophobia skill checks.

  • devs won't fix anything, they can increase gen time, increase gen regression (perks) shorten chases, shorten speed boost, as long as they don't bring solo Q near swf levels, this game will not even CLOSE to being balanced

  • @Zeidoktor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3017415#Comment_3017415

    I was honestly thinking the other way around. See if the Killer is by the hook, but not know if your team was going for the save, forcing a decision. Though comms would render that moot.

    Yeah, but thing is that SWF don't face that decision. It's super easy to say -> I'm going to unhook / you should do it.

    SoloQ can't do it, they have either multiple survivors or noone going for unhook.

    Killer aura would help SWF a lot, Survivors aura wouldn't really help them compare to soloQ. It would be really big deal for soloQ.


    Killer aura is not something you should get free. You already see other survivors on hook, or downed etc. so survivor aura kindred is not really that big step from there imo.

  • @Babadook83 said:

    devs won't fix anything, they can increase gen time, increase gen regression (perks) shorten chases, shorten speed boost, as long as they don't bring solo Q near swf levels, this game will not even CLOSE to being balanced

    Solo q should be buffed as much as possible to bring them as close as possible to SWF and balance around that.

  • Healing inside Coulrophobia with self-care is already... nope I don't even want to think about it.

    @Babadook83 said:

    devs won't fix anything, they can increase gen time, increase gen regression (perks) shorten chases, shorten speed boost, as long as they don't bring solo Q near swf levels, this game will not even CLOSE to being balanced

    Which is why we need more advocates for solo Q improvements

  • @Marigoria said:

    I was expect at least a kindred base kit but not even that.... This was just a disappointment all around.

    Why do people expect kindred base kit when the developers have SPECIFICALLY said on more than one occasion they are not doing this request?

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3017305#Comment_3017305

    Why do people expect kindred base kit when the developers have SPECIFICALLY said on more than one occasion they are not doing this request?

    What was their reasoning? It looks like a good step.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3017305#Comment_3017305

    Why do people expect kindred base kit when the developers have SPECIFICALLY said on more than one occasion they are not doing this request?

    Devs say a lot of ######### and change their mind 6 months later.

  • @Mazoobi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3023029#Comment_3023029

    Overcharge having the ability to skyrocket to 400% in a matter of 30 seconds seems very absurd unless survivors camp the hell out of gens denying the regression. 300% does seem reasonable considering Old Ruin and Call of Brine's 200% was/is oppressive.

    Since gen times are getting increased, I can agree that they could've looked at other perks. I was actually glad Eruption got buffed since I've always wanted to give it a permanent slot in my builds, but it just didn't do enough in my games. I feel like the incapacitated duration may seem a bit longer now. Maybe 20 seconds instead of 25 at tier 3?

    Call of brine is decent, certainly not "oppressive" in any way.

    Even the ruin is oppressive only because it's map wide and also automatically activates when survivors take their hands away, 400% is actually justified for gradual regression.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022105#Comment_3022105

    Well I would argue that it's BHVR's job to not allow for any builds that can still be very oppressive and sweaty. That's why I am also not happy with the overbuff to Overcharge and Eruption, especially the former, because that perk is harsher on newer players already. I also don't like Thana getting buffed either, it is already being buffed indirectly because of the gen time increase.

    These substantial killers buff should allow the devs to make sure that they don't need and should not create perks for killers that are overly strong. Which they kind of doing with the meta perk nerfs, but then they go and overbuff perks like Overcharge, which I personally don't understand.

    Thana on legion with 4 people constantly injured and mending... 4k win

  • @Mazoobi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026398#Comment_3026398

    What was their reasoning? It looks like a good step.

    They did not give a reasoning. For the record, I am not saying it is not a good change. I am just saying it is one of the rare times the devs actually directly responded to a request and flat out said no.

  • @th3syst3m said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026398#Comment_3026398

    Devs say a lot of ######### and change their mind 6 months later.

    Name me one time the developers have SPECIFICALLY replied to a community request and given a definitive NO and then changed their minds.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026481#Comment_3026481

    Name me one time the developers have SPECIFICALLY replied to a community request and given a definitive NO and then changed their minds.

    One example would be increasing gen speeds which they said for years they wouldn't do. There are many, many more.

  • @Gorgonia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022663#Comment_3022663

    Thana on legion with 4 people constantly injured and mending... 4k win

    Defensive plague builds are good too with thanatophobia + all the other gen perks.

    Probably the only issue would be loopers with DH since most people don't want to cleanse.

  • @Mazoobi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026556#Comment_3026556

    Defensive plague builds are good too with thanatophobia + all the other gen perks.

    Probably the only issue would be loopers with DH since most people don't want to cleanse.

    Doctor with Distressing, Coulrophobia, Sloppy, and Thana is going to be fun, too.

  • I love this game but the sheer lack of QoL for Solo Survivor makes it hard to enjoy especially when everything is getting nerfed with SWF in mind.


    One suggestion I made was to make Head On highlight the locker you were in to nearby survivors at a close range, to allow for solo survivors to capitalise on each others perks a bit more, or at the very least allow the likes of bond to do so when paired with it.


    even making the nerfed self care base kit for solo survivors at this point, anything.

  • @Mazoobi said:

    This patch was something...

    But it seems like there's no acknowledgment for solo que at all. So self-care having a high pick-rate justified it being gutted, stomped, and thrown to the dumpster? Oh okay sure.

    Killers getting general improvements, but nothing to help solo's? The mini base-kit BT will do VERY little if not nothing in a solo group.

    When can we expect to have changes that are suppose to bridge the gap between solo's and swf's? This gap is responsible for the balance too.

    You as a survivor main need to ask for SWF to get nerfed.


    They won't listen when killers ask for it - as we've been asking for it for 6 years.


    For 5 years they told us SWF offers no advantage. Then in year 6 they said, "oops - we discovered it gives a 15% increase in escape rates".


    Also we're not going to nerf SWF for the 40 perk shakeup - even though SWF is the most broken and unbalanced aspect of DBD.

  • Solo q is going to be ruffffff! Not looking forward to it at all. Iron will nerf, spine chill nerf, self care….. increase bloodlust quicker hit animations breaking pallets faster.. honestly did they play the game drunk? I don’t know what anyone was thinking with these changes

  • @Rokku_Rorru said:

    I love this game but the sheer lack of QoL for Solo Survivor makes it hard to enjoy especially when everything is getting nerfed with SWF in mind.

    One suggestion I made was to make Head On highlight the locker you were in to nearby survivors at a close range, to allow for solo survivors to capitalise on each others perks a bit more, or at the very least allow the likes of bond to do so when paired with it.

    even making the nerfed self care base kit for solo survivors at this point, anything.

    I love Head On so having any buff for it would be greatly appreciated. Solo Q needs help soon :(

    @DBDVulture said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/330082/so-are-we-not-suppose-to-play-solo-que-no-more

    You as a survivor main need to ask for SWF to get nerfed.

    They won't listen when killers ask for it - as we've been asking for it for 6 years.

    For 5 years they told us SWF offers no advantage. Then in year 6 they said, "oops - we discovered it gives a 15% increase in escape rates".

    Also we're not going to nerf SWF for the 40 perk shakeup - even though SWF is the most broken and unbalanced aspect of DBD.

    Wow, bold of you to assume I'm a survivor main but go ahead.

    @MissKitty95 said:

    Solo q is going to be ruffffff! Not looking forward to it at all. Iron will nerf, spine chill nerf, self care….. increase bloodlust quicker hit animations breaking pallets faster.. honestly did they play the game drunk? I don’t know what anyone was thinking with these changes

    I wouldn't have minded those changes if survivors especially solo Q got something really impactful in return.

  • @Mazoobi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3029217#Comment_3029217

    I love Head On so having any buff for it would be greatly appreciated. Solo Q needs help soon :(

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3029430#Comment_3029430

    Wow, bold of you to assume I'm a survivor main but go ahead.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3030092#Comment_3030092

    I wouldn't have minded those changes if survivors especially solo Q got something really impactful in return.

    Exactly! These buffs to killers wouldn't be so bad if survivors got some decent changes as well, especially solo players. It's all just crazy in my opinion. I hope they make a lot of changes before the update goes live.

1 2 3 ›