So are we not suppose to play solo que no more?

This patch was something...

But it seems like there's no acknowledgment for solo que at all. So self-care having a high pick-rate justified it being gutted, stomped, and thrown to the dumpster? Oh okay sure.

Killers getting general improvements, but nothing to help solo's? The mini base-kit BT will do VERY little if not nothing in a solo group.

When can we expect to have changes that are suppose to bridge the gap between solo's and swf's? This gap is responsible for the balance too.

Comments

  • Yep. Self Care was really popular among Solo players because they cannot rely on teammates, and now with it's unnecessary nerf, will be thrown into the dumpster with all the other useless perks. DS was also unnecessarily nerfed to complete uselessness. The only good perk that's going to be in this update is Off The Record, which will probably also be nerfed upon release.

  • @Tsulan said:

    Solo queue will be fine.

    Hell, it's fine now. Despite what most people here claim. Escape rates are higher then intended.

    This won't change with basekit BT + SB.

    I would even dare to say, that with the new tank builds, the escape rates will further increase.

    Not a killer main saying that solo q is fine lol

  • @Synzicle said:

    survivors in general to have most of their toys gutted. I hope they gut you all more. You enjoy being in bully squads, you enjoy making the game not fun for killer mains, you enjoy trash talking, you enjoy tbagging every chance you get, you enjoy making the game more toxic than it needs to be. You caused this problem by being bigger villains than the actual killers are, and that says something. You've had your way for so long that now that your over powered bs toys are getting touched you all start crying. I really hope they completely gut all of your perks if this is the reaction it gets, it's so satisfying seeing all of these crying posts. Welcome to what killer has been dealing with for literally years at this point.

    I play both roles. Right now killer is easier. It appears it's only going to get easier here real soon.

  • @Hero_awesome said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3017326#Comment_3017326

    Again it's a step in the right direction. I still believe kindred being base kit is wayy too strong for killers. It literally removes the mystery and just shows what everyone is doing.

    In swf you know what everyone is doing so that is just wrong it would not make killer any weaker. In fact that would allow certain killers to get more buffs like oni could start with his power and bubba getting longer and faster chainsaw for example.

  • @jesterkind said:

    I'm really not sure why people keep saying solo queue is getting harmed unduly by this update. Longer generator times are going to hurt a little, sure, but solo players no longer have to rely on their teammates bringing BT, they have more viable perks available to them that don't require coordination with other survivors to use effectively, and they won't have to suffer through the slowdown meta making generator repair even more difficult.

    Like, this update still mostly comes out in the killer side's favour if you really must measure it that way, but solo's looking pretty good too.

    I respectfully disagree.

    If the devs refuse to acknowledge that solo queue has issues and keeps rolling out patches like this, might as well make SWF mandatory in order to play survivor because solo doesn't look appealing at all right now. The base kit BT is very laughable unless the killer keeps forgetting it exists and the only perk that will come in clutch for solo queue is Off the Record. Nerfing Self Care is just them taking a fat dump on solo queue.

    Sure there was a lot of content in this patch and they can only do so much, but if the NEXT patch doesn't do anything to help the solo experience then Idk what to say regarding the dev's priorities.

  • @Mazoobi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3021495#Comment_3021495

    I respectfully disagree.

    If the devs refuse to acknowledge that solo queue has issues and keeps rolling out patches like this, might as well make SWF mandatory in order to play survivor because solo doesn't look appealing at all right now. The base kit BT is very laughable unless the killer keeps forgetting it exists and the only perk that will come in clutch for solo queue is Off the Record. Nerfing Self Care is just them taking a fat dump on solo queue.

    Sure there was a lot of content in this patch and they can only do so much, but if the NEXT patch doesn't do anything to help the solo experience then Idk what to say regarding the dev's priorities.

    Why is everyone acting like Self-Care is the only reliable self healing perk, and somehow is mandatory for solo queue...? It wasn't even that good, its obscene pickrate was inexplicable.

    And no, the basekit BT + Haste effect isn't laughable. It's enough to make it to a loop of some kind while the killer waits it out in a lot of scenarios- not all of them, you might be hooked in a deadzone or in a basement, but in a lot of scenarios it lets you get somewhere where you'll be able to make a play. It's quite a decent buff to anti-tunnel without making it literally impossible for the killer to chase an unhooked survivor, and it fully means you no longer have to rely on a random teammate bringing BT or taking a hit.

    Like, this patch wasn't dedicated to helping out solo queue so it's not a miraculous transformation, but there's some really nice stuff in there for solo players.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3017345#Comment_3017345

    This isn't a mystery game.

    Your comment is bias, this is not a step in the right direction, unless you want more free kills, then yes.

    I would argue this patch is a step in the right direction when looking at creating a good fundament for the game. The killer buffs are definitely great and will encourage killers to play properly and fair, now that that gameplay style is more viable. That's 100% a step in the right direction.

    Having the meta shaken up a bit is also definitely good, it's something the game has needed in a long time. Some nerfs or buffs are too much, but hopefully BHVR will address the issue, if not immediately, then at least soon after.

    The problem is that the devs just seem to have stopped after getting halfway to where they should get, and then decided not to give survivors adequate compensation by buffing them against camping and tunneling properly. Camping being buffed would be absolutely horrendous.

    Some of the meta perk nerfs are also awful. The Self Care change is just so bad, all they should have done is remove the item efficiency and call it a day.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3021699#Comment_3021699

    Why is everyone acting like Self-Care is the only reliable self healing perk, and somehow is mandatory for solo queue...? It wasn't even that good, its obscene pickrate was inexplicable.

    And no, the basekit BT + Haste effect isn't laughable. It's enough to make it to a loop of some kind while the killer waits it out in a lot of scenarios- not all of them, you might be hooked in a deadzone or in a basement, but in a lot of scenarios it lets you get somewhere where you'll be able to make a play. It's quite a decent buff to anti-tunnel without making it literally impossible for the killer to chase an unhooked survivor, and it fully means you no longer have to rely on a random teammate bringing BT or taking a hit.

    Like, this patch wasn't dedicated to helping out solo queue so it's not a miraculous transformation, but there's some really nice stuff in there for solo players.

    Self-Care isn't mandatory for solo queue, but that's where it shines. You can't always trust your teammates and even when they're good, having a last resort self-healing is valuable when they're not available. The nerf doesn't help when there are Megs/Claudettes who will continue to self-care in the corner but much longer. The devs didn't think that nerf through.

    The base-kit BT still doesn't look like enough. In fact, the new BT buff makes it look more appealing than what we have now, but eh- we don't have the PTB yet.

  • @Adjatha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3017357#Comment_3017357

    They'll never give solo something that SWF doesn't also benefit from, and they'll never nerf SWF in any way. They will never make solo balanced with SWF under those two conditions.

    They are balancing the two. Not in a way that brings solo queue up to playing in a swf, but enough to where any survivor element they nerf due to SWFs abusing it, or whatever, it won't impact solo queues as badly. For instance, the HUD will show other survivors what you're doing. Getting healed, healing someone, working on a gen, cleansing blessing totum, ect. Its not nearly as good as voice chat on a swf, but its a more than solo queues have now. "should I go for the save? the other two are on gens, so yeah, I should go" ...

    Thats what I know they are doing (eventually) but they could easily add a pinging system, or even make kindred basekit (with or without killer aura). So there are things they are doing, and other things they also could do. Will they do more than the hud stuff? eh, who knows.

  • Just use OP medkits and stop crying about Self-Care

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3017415#Comment_3017415

    Showing the killer aura would only be bad for facecampers, so I really don't get why they shouldnt show the aura too.

    Yeah, this would only hurt campers, which is fine, really.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3017356#Comment_3017356

    I would argue this patch is a step in the right direction when looking at creating a good fundament for the game. The killer buffs are definitely great and will encourage killers to play properly and fair, now that that gameplay style is more viable. That's 100% a step in the right direction.

    Having the meta shaken up a bit is also definitely good, it's something the game has needed in a long time. Some nerfs or buffs are too much, but hopefully BHVR will address the issue, if not immediately, then at least soon after.

    The problem is that the devs just seem to have stopped after getting halfway to where they should get, and then decided not to give survivors adequate compensation by buffing them against camping and tunneling properly. Camping being buffed would be absolutely horrendous.

    Some of the meta perk nerfs are also awful. The Self Care change is just so bad, all they should have done is remove the item efficiency and call it a day.

    Buffing killers is not going to make killers play any nicer. This is the most naive thing I've read in a while.

  • @Sludge said:

    Just use OP medkits and stop crying about Self-Care

    And then Killers would cry about said OP medkits. Good logic bud :)

  • @malloymk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3021789#Comment_3021789

    Buffing killers is not going to make killers play any nicer. This is the most naive thing I've read in a while.

    Agreed. They would double gen durations and you'd still have the same amount of Blights and Nurses running 4 slowdown perks. It's just human nature to want to win even if it's overwhelmingly easy. And then they lose one day and make posts like that other guy that wishes the worst to all survivors and wants everything they have gutted because the winners clicked a few times.


    I'm hoping the solo changes happen soon, it is indeed very dull without a team these days, and it's about to suck more with ######### like Eruption running rampant (probably).

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3017345#Comment_3017345

    This isn't a mystery game.

    Your comment is bias, this is not a step in the right direction, unless you want more free kills, then yes.

    No this is a survival game where 4 survivors are being hunted by supernatural and unholy Killers. The Killers always should of been the power role but that wasn't the case, Kindred base Kit would of been too strong tbh but maybe they will add something similar to solos.

    The Devs are slowly understanding that SWF was not implemented very well and now a stacked 4man has too much power. But until they can address that and bring soloQ up to that level then no real balance can happen we will only have these band aid fixes

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3017356#Comment_3017356

    I would argue this patch is a step in the right direction when looking at creating a good fundament for the game. The killer buffs are definitely great and will encourage killers to play properly and fair, now that that gameplay style is more viable. That's 100% a step in the right direction.

    Having the meta shaken up a bit is also definitely good, it's something the game has needed in a long time. Some nerfs or buffs are too much, but hopefully BHVR will address the issue, if not immediately, then at least soon after.

    The problem is that the devs just seem to have stopped after getting halfway to where they should get, and then decided not to give survivors adequate compensation by buffing them against camping and tunneling properly. Camping being buffed would be absolutely horrendous.

    Some of the meta perk nerfs are also awful. The Self Care change is just so bad, all they should have done is remove the item efficiency and call it a day.

    Partially. I don't think these buffs alone would stop people from running their new sweaty builds or playing sweaty in general, but I can see what you're saying.

    I 100% agree with the meta shift though. It was what the game needed for so long.

    @Aurelle said:

    Yep. Self Care was really popular among Solo players because they cannot rely on teammates, and now with it's unnecessary nerf, will be thrown into the dumpster with all the other useless perks. DS was also unnecessarily nerfed to complete uselessness. The only good perk that's going to be in this update is Off The Record, which will probably also be nerfed upon release.

    Seeing self-care nerfed like that really made me question BHVR's logic. It did not deserve that nerf at all.

    I wouldn't be surprised if OTR gets nerfed or heavily tweaked near the release.

  • BHVR wants to phase out Solo Q so it can pretend it's one of the big boys of team PVP games.

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    BHVR wants to phase out Solo Q so it can pretend it's one of the big boys of team PVP games.

    DBD's description in the future:

    *mandatory to play with people for survivor role. If you have no friends, we'll help you get some... or enemies*

  • @AndyKuky said:

    I solo almost exclusively and it's not hard. The only negative are worthless teammates and what can BHVR do to minimize those players that wouldn't buff everyone else by large margins? SWF breaks the balance of the game completely, why should they make solo players as strong as SWF? How do killers compete against that?

    I'm probably 60/40 survivor/killer but the only killers I use are M1 killers like Clown, Trapper, Nemesis, Wraith, Legion. Why in the world would I want SWF power survivors every game lol.

    We are getting basekit borrowed time.

    People are asking to bridge the gap between swf's and solo's because the devs can't buff killers without solo's taking the short end of the stick. Oh wait, that's what the devs just did. The base-kit BT needs tweaks to be reliable.

    Sure you solo a lot, you don't think it's hard, cool. The community would think otherwise.

    How many times do you wonder if someone else is getting the save? How many times do you wonder if the others are on gens or not? How many times do you escape with the others? How many times do you wish you could communicate with others in crucial dying moments?

  • @Mazoobi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3018193#Comment_3018193

    People are asking to bridge the gap between swf's and solo's because the devs can't buff killers without solo's taking the short end of the stick. Oh wait, that's what the devs just did. The base-kit BT needs tweaks to be reliable.

    Sure you solo a lot, you don't think it's hard, cool. The community would think otherwise.

    How many times do you wonder if someone else is getting the save? How many times do you wonder if the others are on gens or not? How many times do you escape with the others? How many times do you wish you could communicate with others in crucial dying moments?

    I never wonder if someone is going for the save because I run Kindred. The rest, never really, because that’s part of the draw as survivor for me. Even when I do SWF I am rarely on comms. It makes the game too easy, and I’m not even a great survivor.

    Solo didn’t get the short end of any stick with these perk changes. The problem with solo queue is, again, bad players, and no amount of perk changes or buffs will fix that.

  • Is that comment supposed to invalidate my opinion? I showed you time over time, how much I play survivor and how often I escape. Yet you always try to claim something else.

    Solo survivor isn't as hard as you claim.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3021608#Comment_3021608

    Is that comment supposed to invalidate my opinion? I showed you time over time, how much I play survivor and how often I escape. Yet you always try to claim something else.

    Solo survivor isn't as hard as you claim.

    You are killer main and mostly playing in SWF.

    Solo in this game unplayable

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3021608#Comment_3021608

    Is that comment supposed to invalidate my opinion? I showed you time over time, how much I play survivor and how often I escape. Yet you always try to claim something else.

    Solo survivor isn't as hard as you claim.

    You showing ppl you play survivor be like source: trust me bro

    ALL your comments on these forums show otherwise.

  • @AndyKuky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022250#Comment_3022250

    I never wonder if someone is going for the save because I run Kindred. The rest, never really, because that’s part of the draw as survivor for me. Even when I do SWF I am rarely on comms. It makes the game too easy, and I’m not even a great survivor.

    Solo didn’t get the short end of any stick with these perk changes. The problem with solo queue is, again, bad players, and no amount of perk changes or buffs will fix that.

    Then Kindred should be base-kit or a similar form of it.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3017356#Comment_3017356

    I would argue this patch is a step in the right direction when looking at creating a good fundament for the game. The killer buffs are definitely great and will encourage killers to play properly and fair, now that that gameplay style is more viable. That's 100% a step in the right direction.

    Having the meta shaken up a bit is also definitely good, it's something the game has needed in a long time. Some nerfs or buffs are too much, but hopefully BHVR will address the issue, if not immediately, then at least soon after.

    The problem is that the devs just seem to have stopped after getting halfway to where they should get, and then decided not to give survivors adequate compensation by buffing them against camping and tunneling properly. Camping being buffed would be absolutely horrendous.

    Some of the meta perk nerfs are also awful. The Self Care change is just so bad, all they should have done is remove the item efficiency and call it a day.

    No killer is gonna play fair after the update. They will still camp and tunnel..

  • @Mazoobi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022133#Comment_3022133

    DBD's description in the future:

    *mandatory to play with people for survivor role. If you have no friends, we'll help you get some... or enemies*

    They had questions on a survey not that long ago about adding guilds to DBD so that could actually be a thing.

  • @Piruluk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022267#Comment_3022267

    You are killer main and mostly playing in SWF.

    Solo in this game unplayable

    I would not say "unplayable", but rather "unfun".

    I dont mind if I die, but its difference between I die in End game vs die at 3 Gen because I dont have any 2nd chance and Kindred against 4 slowdown tunneler.

    There is no fun join in a match just to hit W until you die, hoping others do Gen. Or you just hit M1 on Gen, hoping the others W long enough.

    I rather be the first one to die at 7-8th hook in End game, than M1 on Gen and escape.


    The soft BT basekit doesnt help from tunnelers. On the other hand, 50sec Gen added helps alot for campers.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022245#Comment_3022245

    They had questions on a survey not that long ago about adding guilds to DBD so that could actually be a thing.

    WHAT? They did?

    I haven't done any of the surveys lately, but that's kinda shocking to hear. I wonder how that'll be implemented if they through with it.

  • Self care players and Spine chillers are usually the worst survivors.

    They run away instantly when spine chill blinks and are too scared to stay injured and waste a lot of time self healing

    Besides survivors got massive buffs and even basekit BT. killers got nothing for basekit. You guys can now equip another perk instead of BT while we are still stuck with using same stuff since we got no BBQ or corrupted as basekit...

    Also didnt behaviour already say they are making it easier for soloQ to see what other teammates are doing all the time. This should be coming to the game someday hopefully.

  • @Mazoobi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022367#Comment_3022367

    WHAT? They did?

    I haven't done any of the surveys lately, but that's kinda shocking to hear. I wonder how that'll be implemented if they through with it.

    I had to look back at my discussions but it was last October, it's when I realized they do 2 different surveys and it's not based on how you answer - I made a post asking why have 2 surveys instead of putting all questions on one. One survey had questions about RPD (how players felt about the map) and killers (think it was what you like/dislike in a killer) while the other survey asked about guilds, linked cosmetics, and discord.

    I think it's a mix of not only do not alot do the surveys but there's multiple versions. Like the chat filter so many were surprised when it was announced but I remember having surveys with specific chat questions and then Cote did interview few months later about how they had a 3rd party developing a chat filter for DBD.

  • @Piruluk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022267#Comment_3022267

    You are killer main and mostly playing in SWF.

    Solo in this game unplayable

    Lol I never play SWF.

    But thx for confirming that it's a skill issue.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022267#Comment_3022267

    You showing ppl you play survivor be like source: trust me bro

    ALL your comments on these forums show otherwise.

    I mean, what do you want? I show screenshots of killers having 3 hooks by the time the gates are powered and screens of 3-4 man escaping.

    What other proof do you need?

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022447#Comment_3022447

    I had to look back at my discussions but it was last October, it's when I realized they do 2 different surveys and it's not based on how you answer - I made a post asking why have 2 surveys instead of putting all questions on one. One survey had questions about RPD (how players felt about the map) and killers (think it was what you like/dislike in a killer) while the other survey asked about guilds, linked cosmetics, and discord.

    I think it's a mix of not only do not alot do the surveys but there's multiple versions. Like the chat filter so many were surprised when it was announced but I remember having surveys with specific chat questions and then Cote did interview few months later about how they had a 3rd party developing a chat filter for DBD.

    ahhh okay. That's pretty interesting.

    Thanks for letting me in on these surveys.

  • @Mazoobi said:

    This patch was something...

    But it seems like there's no acknowledgment for solo que at all. So self-care having a high pick-rate justified it being gutted, stomped, and thrown to the dumpster? Oh okay sure.

    Killers getting general improvements, but nothing to help solo's? The mini base-kit BT will do VERY little if not nothing in a solo group.

    When can we expect to have changes that are suppose to bridge the gap between solo's and swf's? This gap is responsible for the balance too.

    Shouldn't be playing it now. There really must be such a small population of solo survivors for the Devs not to do anything about it at this point. I guess I'm done unless I feel like finding a SWF, because solo is beyond ######### stupid.

  • @Hannacia said:

    Self care players and Spine chillers are usually the worst survivors.

    They run away instantly when spine chill blinks and are too scared to stay injured and waste a lot of time self healing

    Besides survivors got massive buffs and even basekit BT. killers got nothing for basekit. You guys can now equip another perk instead of BT while we are still stuck with using same stuff since we got no BBQ or corrupted as basekit...

    Also didnt behaviour already say they are making it easier for soloQ to see what other teammates are doing all the time. This should be coming to the game someday hopefully.

    Killers literally got mini brutal basekit at 10%, gen kicks now knock off 2.5% of progress, 2 stacks of stbfl for free, and 1.2 less meters of distance when they get hit, plus 10 seconds extra for each gen.

    Meanwhile survivors got nothing to address camping and if the killer can count to 5 you’re screwed which every killer should do now, meaning you’ll still have to equip BT.

  • @Mazoobi said:

    This patch was something...

    But it seems like there's no acknowledgment for solo que at all. So self-care having a high pick-rate justified it being gutted, stomped, and thrown to the dumpster? Oh okay sure.

    Killers getting general improvements, but nothing to help solo's? The mini base-kit BT will do VERY little if not nothing in a solo group.

    When can we expect to have changes that are suppose to bridge the gap between solo's and swf's? This gap is responsible for the balance too.

    There will be a ton of COH users, do not worry about it.

  • @loothound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022454#Comment_3022454

    Killers literally got mini brutal basekit at 10%, gen kicks now knock off 2.5% of progress, 2 stacks of stbfl for free, and 1.2 less meters of distance when they get hit, plus 10 seconds extra for each gen.

    Meanwhile survivors got nothing to address camping and if the killer can count to 5 you’re screwed which every killer should do now, meaning you’ll still have to equip BT.

    Just use off the record. No need for BT. That 10 seconds on gens i dont see it doing much since they are buffing gen speed perks and prove thyself still works the same + toolboxes.

    Biggest issue killers have in this game are the maps. They are not touched. Instead of putting more seconds to gens what would have made way more difference is reducing the map size and fixing the survivor spawn

  • @Hannacia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022592#Comment_3022592

    Just use off the record. No need for BT. That 10 seconds on gens i dont see it doing much since they are buffing gen speed perks and prove thyself still works the same + toolboxes.

    Biggest issue killers have in this game are the maps. They are not touched. Instead of putting more seconds to gens what would have made way more difference is reducing the map size and fixing the survivor spawn

    Ah yes the perk slot I freed up from BT to prevent tunneling can now be used for OTR.. to prevent tunneling. And once again the clearly meta perks of deja vu and overzealous that no one will use over prove+OTR+exhaustion+whatever, but an extra 50 seconds of gen time is a decent buff at least.

    You also glossed over the rest of the killer basekit buffs as well as a bloodlust buff. But I do agree that maps are busted and should be looked at and fixed.

  • @loothound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022596#Comment_3022596

    Ah yes the perk slot I freed up from BT to prevent tunneling can now be used for OTR.. to prevent tunneling. And once again the clearly meta perks of deja vu and overzealous that no one will use over prove+OTR+exhaustion+whatever, but an extra 50 seconds of gen time is a decent buff at least.

    You also glossed over the rest of the killer basekit buffs as well as a bloodlust buff. But I do agree that maps are busted and should be looked at and fixed.

    Bloodlust is pointless. 9/10 matches i dont even reach bloodlust if i do i lose it instantly by swinging to the survivor or by having to break a pallet.

    Tunneling will be probably worse after this patch but i cant really blame killers anymore. Even now when you try to play fair if you have decent survivors you get maybe few hooks and maybe 1 kill thats it. If you want to win you have to play dirty unless you have potatoes that throw themselfs on you.

    I play a lot of survivor too and matches where the killer plays fair they usually dont get many kills unless they are 5000 hour nurse mainer, but if they tunnel 1 person out of the game even 2 they will usually win.

    I hope they fix the game more but some of these perk changes are bad for the game..of the record being one of them.

  • @loothound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022596#Comment_3022596

    Ah yes the perk slot I freed up from BT to prevent tunneling can now be used for OTR.. to prevent tunneling. And once again the clearly meta perks of deja vu and overzealous that no one will use over prove+OTR+exhaustion+whatever, but an extra 50 seconds of gen time is a decent buff at least.

    You also glossed over the rest of the killer basekit buffs as well as a bloodlust buff. But I do agree that maps are busted and should be looked at and fixed.

    You mean, that perk slot, you used to protect others from getting tunneled. Is freed up, to protect yoursef from getting tunneled.

    Thats a huge difference! Especially on solo queue.

  • @Mazoobi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3021789#Comment_3021789

    Partially. I don't think these buffs alone would stop people from running their new sweaty builds or playing sweaty in general, but I can see what you're saying.

    I 100% agree with the meta shift though. It was what the game needed for so long.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3021602#Comment_3021602

    Seeing self-care nerfed like that really made me question BHVR's logic. It did not deserve that nerf at all.

    I wouldn't be surprised if OTR gets nerfed or heavily tweaked near the release.

    Well I would argue that it's BHVR's job to not allow for any builds that can still be very oppressive and sweaty. That's why I am also not happy with the overbuff to Overcharge and Eruption, especially the former, because that perk is harsher on newer players already. I also don't like Thana getting buffed either, it is already being buffed indirectly because of the gen time increase.

    These substantial killers buff should allow the devs to make sure that they don't need and should not create perks for killers that are overly strong. Which they kind of doing with the meta perk nerfs, but then they go and overbuff perks like Overcharge, which I personally don't understand.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022618#Comment_3022618

    You mean, that perk slot, you used to protect others from getting tunneled. Is freed up, to protect yoursef from getting tunneled.

    Thats a huge difference! Especially on solo queue.

    It’s still a perk slot for a bandaid in the base game :)

  • @C3Tooth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022278#Comment_3022278

    I would not say "unplayable", but rather "unfun".

    I dont mind if I die, but its difference between I die in End game vs die at 3 Gen because I dont have any 2nd chance and Kindred against 4 slowdown tunneler.

    There is no fun join in a match just to hit W until you die, hoping others do Gen. Or you just hit M1 on Gen, hoping the others W long enough.

    I rather be the first one to die at 7-8th hook in End game, than M1 on Gen and escape.

    The soft BT basekit doesnt help from tunnelers. On the other hand, 50sec Gen added helps alot for campers.

    Exactly. These changes are just gonna make camping more viable and make playing solo worse than it already is... I didn't even think that was possible. :/

    Edit- Let's not forget the bloodlust buffs as well. This will probably make tunneling even easier for killers.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022105#Comment_3022105

    Well I would argue that it's BHVR's job to not allow for any builds that can still be very oppressive and sweaty. That's why I am also not happy with the overbuff to Overcharge and Eruption, especially the former, because that perk is harsher on newer players already. I also don't like Thana getting buffed either, it is already being buffed indirectly because of the gen time increase.

    These substantial killers buff should allow the devs to make sure that they don't need and should not create perks for killers that are overly strong. Which they kind of doing with the meta perk nerfs, but then they go and overbuff perks like Overcharge, which I personally don't understand.

    True.

    I'm currently enjoying running defensive plague builds so seeing thanatophobia getting buffed was a bit shocking considering as you said, is getting indirectly buffed with the increased gen times. I'm not 100% sure if Overcharge and Call of Brine can stack but if they can as many forum users have said, then that'll be insane.

    It appears that the devs are trying to give the lesser-used gen perks some heavy attention.

  • @Mazoobi said:

    This patch was something...

    But it seems like there's no acknowledgment for solo que at all. So self-care having a high pick-rate justified it being gutted, stomped, and thrown to the dumpster? Oh okay sure.

    Killers getting general improvements, but nothing to help solo's? The mini base-kit BT will do VERY little if not nothing in a solo group.

    When can we expect to have changes that are suppose to bridge the gap between solo's and swf's? This gap is responsible for the balance too.

    Not only that but the opposite, the buffs to perks that can be countered by call outs in swf seems like completely unnecessary distancing between solo queue and swf. I'm just confused.

  • Gen times increased and hook times decreased by monstrous shrine basement seems like a huge step in the wrong direction when it comes to camping and tunneling.

    This wouldn't be an issue if bhvr hadn't just stated that camping and tunneling is something they're looking to fix in their game.

  • @Mazoobi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022253#Comment_3022253

    Then Kindred should be base-kit or a similar form of it.

    Nah. Kindred is better than what most SWFs get.

  • @Marigoria said:

    I was expect at least a kindred base kit but not even that.... This was just a disappointment all around.

    Yeah I would have loved kindred to be base, I always run that as I only solo q. At least make it base for solo players :(

  • @Synzicle said:

    survivors in general to have most of their toys gutted. I hope they gut you all more. You enjoy being in bully squads, you enjoy making the game not fun for killer mains, you enjoy trash talking, you enjoy tbagging every chance you get, you enjoy making the game more toxic than it needs to be. You caused this problem by being bigger villains than the actual killers are, and that says something. You've had your way for so long that now that your over powered bs toys are getting touched you all start crying. I really hope they completely gut all of your perks if this is the reaction it gets, it's so satisfying seeing all of these crying posts. Welcome to what killer has been dealing with for literally years at this point.

    Wow what a childish comment lol... Not all survivors are like that. How does this help solo players sounds like you're taking the game way to serious, you seem so angry lol you ok my guy.

  • @Mazoobi said:

    This patch was something...

    But it seems like there's no acknowledgment for solo que at all. So self-care having a high pick-rate justified it being gutted, stomped, and thrown to the dumpster? Oh okay sure.

    Killers getting general improvements, but nothing to help solo's? The mini base-kit BT will do VERY little if not nothing in a solo group.

    When can we expect to have changes that are suppose to bridge the gap between solo's and swf's? This gap is responsible for the balance too.

    Remove SWF or play Kill Your Friends.

    Problem solved.

1 2 3