I posted the same thought months ago, and brokedownP told me to stop playing.
It was good advice.. not because the game is bad, but because i was clearly needing an extended break. I devoted more time to a BR game, and had alot of success. I had fun. Im still having fun. That's the point.
The advice in it's simplicity rings true. If you aren't having fun in a game, why are you playing? No one cares if you play x game or y game. It's just you.
Games are for recreation, and the longer we play, the easier it is to lose sight of that. I'm looking forward to the event.. whatever that may bring.
Technically, video games are just entertainment. They really have no real.. "point". So, I play just because it's fun. I also like collecting things, so tomes/trophies are nice. =)
Why do you all do it? There is nothing to do in this game so why do people waste their life on it?
Its the theme of the game. Horror themed games attract a lot of people. That and also cool/interesting characters. Ultimately balance and optimization is the biggest factor on what keeps people around I think. A game can have cool content but if playing the game isn't enjoyable then people aren't going to stick around just for the theme or cosmetics.
I think a lot of games, even Dead by Daylight, have a point and a purpose that we assign to them. I love to play with friends, with my kids, as killer, to experience jumpscares, to give jumpscares! I love horror, I love the licenses available here, I love the friendships I have made on Twitch and on Twitter and on Discord and the forums! ๐
Existensial dread within the thread? Well then, make sure you do yourselves a favour and watch Legally Blonde: The Musical before you die, the one thing within the world that has intrinsic everlasting value !!
I play as long as I have fun or reached what I wanted to reach "prestige dredge to 3 atm". Then I stop till I find a new reason to play. Simple as that.
If you find something fun, that is your justification for doing it.
This pretty much sums it up. I work full time and so enjoy a game that doesn't need to be maintained by myself (compared to something like rust). I can get on play a few and get off which is great. Everyone will be different but if it's fun then why not play it.
I was a slasher fan in my youth and as a middle-aged millennial I am only playing as licensed killer to relive the happier parts of my youth. This game has also made me a fan of the Doctor and Legion; in high school I was a loner version of Legion.
Fun fact: before finding DBD back in 2017 I was obssessed with getting all achievements in game. I'd grind out for hours farming pointless loot or trying to do stupid challenges like beating Binding of Isaac 100 times or defeating all Cuphead bosses with an A rank. I was not having fun at all and my only dopamine rush was seeing that trophy pop in for 5 seconds. After playing DBD I actually realized how pointless this was and starting having fun in games again.
TLDR: the point is to have fun.
I can relate to that.
The whole point of playing games, any game I guess, is to have fun with it. I know there's specific games that I play when I need to relax etc (hence my unhealthy Subnautica addiction) and then others when I want to chill with friends chatting. But they're all to have fun - they're not things I have to do, they're things I want to do.
Why do you all do it? There is nothing to do in this game so why do people waste their life on it?
Same reason you have hundreds of posts on the forum why do you waste your life talking about a game you think there is nothing to do in people enjoy playing it go find a hobby or some friends and worry about yourself.
Why do you all do it? There is nothing to do in this game so why do people waste their life on it?
Well...I used to do it to jumpscare people, and create scary scenarios, and play with people psychologically. <----99% of that is gone now so I don't really "waste" my life on it as much anymore.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
If you find something fun, that is your justification for doing it.
i dunno, why you posting a post on the forum where people wanna discuss the game?
Wait, you mean I'm not getting close to the end boss and final cutscene?
Well that's 3k hours down the shitter.
Why do people play any video game?
No video game has a point other than fun. that's it.
The only video games worth your time are the ones where you play-to-earn. :)
I say the same thing when I go to work every morning.
Because my life is sad and DBD makes me ha...makes me less sa...is something to do to pass the time.
I posted the same thought months ago, and brokedownP told me to stop playing.
It was good advice.. not because the game is bad, but because i was clearly needing an extended break. I devoted more time to a BR game, and had alot of success. I had fun. Im still having fun. That's the point.
The advice in it's simplicity rings true. If you aren't having fun in a game, why are you playing? No one cares if you play x game or y game. It's just you.
Games are for recreation, and the longer we play, the easier it is to lose sight of that. I'm looking forward to the event.. whatever that may bring.
Who am I? A question that answers itself.
"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" --Bertrand Russel
I'm not sure my peers would take well to me recreating any of the things I can do in this game in a more permanent, high-consequence space.
Why are we playing any videogame?
Why are we actively spending our time on the Dead by Daylight forums?
Why are we alive?
What is the meaning of life?
Why does...anyone do anything?
Technically, video games are just entertainment. They really have no real.. "point". So, I play just because it's fun. I also like collecting things, so tomes/trophies are nice. =)
Its the theme of the game. Horror themed games attract a lot of people. That and also cool/interesting characters. Ultimately balance and optimization is the biggest factor on what keeps people around I think. A game can have cool content but if playing the game isn't enjoyable then people aren't going to stick around just for the theme or cosmetics.
To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!
I feel like this question was more in line when I was addicted to Snake on Nokia back in '04.
We are flying thru space on a rock, why not spend your time with something you enjoy?
Everything is pointless, are you having fun doing it? ๐
God damn nihilism...it gets everywhere ๐คฎ
Why do anything when death comes for all of us anyway?
Why do people do anything?
because they can
To keep myself distracted from the existential crisis, duh
The only thing stopping the voices from getting loud
(something to distract myself from my stress)
I think a lot of games, even Dead by Daylight, have a point and a purpose that we assign to them. I love to play with friends, with my kids, as killer, to experience jumpscares, to give jumpscares! I love horror, I love the licenses available here, I love the friendships I have made on Twitch and on Twitter and on Discord and the forums! ๐
Why do anything in life if we are going to die anyway? :)
Existensial dread within the thread? Well then, make sure you do yourselves a favour and watch Legally Blonde: The Musical before you die, the one thing within the world that has intrinsic everlasting value !!
Iโm sure making this post is more pointless than playing DBD.
Waitโฆ. You guys have fun playing DbD? ๐จ
i have fun using dbd as background focusing as i rewatch Legally Blonde: The Musical
European?
I play as long as I have fun or reached what I wanted to reach "prestige dredge to 3 atm". Then I stop till I find a new reason to play. Simple as that.
I am sadly both
Ur European? I'm So sorry dude... hope you get well soon
Me, I'm not European im the other one lol
At least here it's not a fashion curse to wear a kilt or bear a purse ๐๐
It's the same idea as playing fortnite or cod or overwatch. It's a game to have fun. It doesn't need a end to be fun
keyword bear
This pretty much sums it up. I work full time and so enjoy a game that doesn't need to be maintained by myself (compared to something like rust). I can get on play a few and get off which is great. Everyone will be different but if it's fun then why not play it.
All videogames are pointless. If you're looking for purpose I suggest volunteering or higher education.
I was a slasher fan in my youth and as a middle-aged millennial I am only playing as licensed killer to relive the happier parts of my youth. This game has also made me a fan of the Doctor and Legion; in high school I was a loner version of Legion.
What is the "point" of any video game? We play it because it's fun...
Is there really a point to anything in life?
Hang in there bud.
There's no point to anything
The first thread I made that got 2-page achievement unlocked I'm soooo happy now. Yawn LOL
I can relate to that.
The whole point of playing games, any game I guess, is to have fun with it. I know there's specific games that I play when I need to relax etc (hence my unhealthy Subnautica addiction) and then others when I want to chill with friends chatting. But they're all to have fun - they're not things I have to do, they're things I want to do.
Who's going to be ready to go with looping strats when that killer escapes from your local facility IRL, tho?
Not such a "waste of time" then, is it?
Same reason you have hundreds of posts on the forum why do you waste your life talking about a game you think there is nothing to do in people enjoy playing it go find a hobby or some friends and worry about yourself.
My life is stressful; I like to escape by getting stressed at dbd instead
Well...I used to do it to jumpscare people, and create scary scenarios, and play with people psychologically. <----99% of that is gone now so I don't really "waste" my life on it as much anymore.