Did someone say some fun neat stats?
I really wouldn't try drawing conclusions from this, since the data is across all players from July 2017 to May 2022, except for the fact that we should probably collectively lay in some grass
I really wouldn't try drawing conclusions from this, since the data is across all players from July 2017 to May 2022, except for the fact that we should probably collectively lay in some grass
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
You really want these Vote Ups...
Killer players really like Huntress, that's what I can conclude from this!
It's interesting- anecdotally, Huntress was the killer that I was drawn to most when I started playing too. Apparently that's a far more common impulse than I might've thought...
i mean, you did just make a post ab things being revealed exclusively on twitter and not being posted on the forums
...and yes meaningless internet points mean a lot to me im currently aiming for 55.5k and then i shall take a picture, laugh for 20 seconds, and move on with my life
Where are them kill/escape ratios so I can draw my totally correct (you guys are wrong) conclusions
Almost 13 billion sacrifices? Somebody put the Entity on a diet. She gettin' chubbers.
13 billion over the course of 5 years, so that's only ~7.123 million a day. Not that bad
Ok.
In the future i will randomly go through your posts and vote you up. Goals are important in life.
i appreciate it <3
I mean neat stats I guess, but they don't really tell us much. I think when people ask for them they usually want info that can be used to understand decisions or design choices moreso than "total endgame collapse(???)" or whatever other fun quirky number.
What do you mean an unbalanced perk that can't be played around with is the no.1 perk? /s
and im not convinced these stats were given to be particularly useful (unlike the stats they gave the day after anniversary listing perk and build usage rate at each individual MMR level, as well as how many games are played at that level).
They released stats in a way nobody can really them to argue anything, for example the number of escapes are only about the 4 base Survivors so people cant do the math and calculate the % of sacrifices over the years.
I want to know what the escape rates are at the high MMR levels.
Ratio of kills/escapes doesn't really mean anything until you stratify rank or MMR (and that further complicates things when this data has been taken with two different grading systems.) These are mostly just for fun, I think.
I wish somebody would feed me 7,120,026 times a day...
If you're ever curious why Feng gets so many rift cosmetics/cosmetics in general there's your answer
She brings BHVR the big bucks
I know it doesnt mean anything, especially if you pick numbers from 6 years when the game has changed a lot but it has never stopped people to make endless threads about "These stats fit my narrative so hear me out" but these stats cant be used for that.
DH most played perk... No suprise there.
NOED is a bit of suprise for me because I don't see it that offten and I don't think I am in good MMR as Survivor at all.
Didn't they buff him thought prior to nerfing him? I don't see the correlation.
A lot of it is incomplete data tho, like that EGC one. Is it number of times EGC has happened? Amount of time lapsed during it overall? Number of kills caused by it ending? Some of it could be useful or fun to know but some of it is just "large numbers go brrrrrr"
You figure this data comes from all ranks. That's why the most played survivors/killers are all ones that are available by default on all platforms, and also why Self-Care is the third most used survivor perk. I'm frankly amazed that BBQ is the top killer perk despite being DLC (and Ruin isn't default on PC) - if I had to guess, the default killer perks aren't very good outside Tinkerer and NOED, and so there's less frequency or consistency in what new players use.
the absolutely obscene The Grind paired with the fact that at many skill levels it is easier to get points (and at least a few stacks of BBQ) with killer and BBQ's placement makes plenty of sense. Its aura reading and a lot of other perks being ass just props it up even more. Theres a reason it was hardly ever in the shrine of secrets for so long, people felt it was mandatory to even attempt to catch up.
I'm not saying I'm surprised everyone runs BBQ - everyone does run BBQ. But new players don't have it available and I thought that would skew the pick rates, considering how heavily you can see the influence of new players everywhere else in the stats. For BBQ to be at the top despite being DLC illustrates how absolutely dominant it is as a pick (and of course, we all know why that is.)
I think its more like Ruin has fallen to second place than BBQ overtaking it, Ive seen a lot less Ruins lately because it has awful synergy with Pain Resonance+Dead Man Switch, while BBQ is the only BP perk Ruin has other alternatives that can displace it.
And as you suggest, BBQ being there is a clear indicator the grind is disgusting because outside of the extra BPs the aura reveal is not that great for most of the cast.
Understandable. Please accept my donation for this worthy cause.
donation accepted and appreciated with grace, thank you kind grandfather
I wish they'd show the rank/grade breakdown of the killers. Or even the DLC pick rates.
My boys Wraith & Trapper being used is nice, but there's no way it's constant. Huntress is believable though.
So yeah.
Dead Hard is about as common as I thought it would be.
The free killers being popular are why this sort of thing isn't all that useful (interesting though). Only one of those killers is remotely decent, so she's understandably at the top.
Ruin surprised me, as I haven't used it since Pain Resonance was added.
Im drawing my own theories,
GoodBoyKaru been playing Huntress. Trapper And Wraith to keep them top 3
I SHALL E X P O S E YOU!!
Wraith yes but only because he's cute
is nobody gonna talk about the fact that trapper and wraith are on second and third spot?
pretty sure nurse and blight should be there lol
I'd argue that being self-aware is more important, but it's apparently not for everyone.
So then why is it that he was nerfed because of popularity and not because he was buffed? From what I remember, the developers said he was being nerfed because they thought he was too strong. It wasn't like with Ruin where they attempted to nerf Ruin because it was too popular.
Don't forget this is across 5 years (2017-2022) and all levels of play. Blight was only released. 2020, and Nurse isn't touched by new players, whereas Wraith and Trapper are often heralded as the best killers for new players.
yea that makes sense