Now its NOEDs turn

What happened to “do bones”?

Now that COH is nerfed, let’s get rid of that unnecessary movement speed boost NOED provides!

Comments

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2878136#Comment_2878136

    And this is good thing. It is like campers & tunnellers. People are using this strategies and boosting kill rates. I wish people would play just normal and BHVR finally would see killers have not even enough hooks.

    Correct. Its one of the reasons why i want a hook based sbmmr instead of a kill based. A killer with 3 kills but only 3 hooks is superior on paper, than a killer with 8 hooks but 0 kills.

    This needs to change.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    I still wish for a simple change that I think would make it far more bearable for people; when that last gen goes off, the exposure status appears on survivors screens.

    Maybe that would ultimately ruin it (since the Surprise Fother Mucker factor is a big part of why you can snowball so easily with it) but that feels like it would make the perk a bit more fair.

    There’s no surprise with noed. If you see a very bad killer before 5 gens are done. He has noed

  • @IamFran said:

    Two years ago I was a "just do bones" argument guy, but after thinking about NOED I finally realized that that perk is unfair a lot of times, even with totem tracking perks require too much effort to cleanse/boon the 5 totems and if you're playing solo you can waste an huge amount of time for preventing a perk which maybe the killer don't have equiped.

    It needs a rework, it's an outdated 2016 perk, I almost never use NOED and I consider it a good trade for the CoH nerf and future Dead Hard nerf.

    DH is useless perk, especially when it's not connects properly with killer hit, u finishing up DH in ground and u still complaining about that perk, u serious???

  • We're still waiting for CoH nerf

  • Noed has a counter for that you even dont need a perk. The problem is that often generators are done so fast these days, especially with coordinated swfs.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2878588#Comment_2878588

    Correct. Its one of the reasons why i want a hook based sbmmr instead of a kill based. A killer with 3 kills but only 3 hooks is superior on paper, than a killer with 8 hooks but 0 kills.

    This needs to change.

    If they go for hook based sbmm and balance around it, they need to nerf tunnel and camp. Because killers will be already stronger and probably camp and tunnel will be op.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2879037#Comment_2879037

    If they go for hook based sbmm and balance around it, they need to nerf tunnel and camp. Because killers will be already stronger and probably camp and tunnel will be op.

    Camping is a intended strategy since the beginning.

    Also, if you boil down camping and tunneling to its basics, then survivors are just as guilty as killers. Or have you ever seen a survivor ignore a gen that is at 90% and regressing?

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2879122#Comment_2879122

    Camping is a intended strategy since the beginning.

    Also, if you boil down camping and tunneling to its basics, then survivors are just as guilty as killers. Or have you ever seen a survivor ignore a gen that is at 90% and regressing?

    It is fair for current DbD but if BHVR balance game around hooks, not kills this mean killers will have longer time. And yeah, at this point camp and tunnel will be broken. Out 1 survivor and game will be imposible to finish for survivors.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2879127#Comment_2879127

    It is fair for current DbD but if BHVR balance game around hooks, not kills this mean killers will have longer time. And yeah, at this point camp and tunnel will be broken. Out 1 survivor and game will be imposible to finish for survivors.

    Who knows, maybe the devs will turn every hook into a Pizzahead cage that teleports if the killer stays within a certain area, once the rest of the game has been balanced.

  • The day DH gets nerfed to the ground ill happily give up noed (even tho its not the same and can be countered unlike DH)

  • Wait survivors don't get an exposed notification with NOED?

    I play more killer than survivor but I think that's dumb.

    No more dumb than every other hex I used to play getting wiped out in minutes though I guess.

  • @VirtuaTyKing said:

    Wait survivors don't get an exposed notification with NOED?

    I play more killer than survivor but I think that's dumb.

    No more dumb than every other hex I used to play getting wiped out in minutes though I guess.

    They do, but not until the killer gets a hit on someone after it activates, then all 4 survivors get the notification. Keeps it a surprise until the last minute.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2879165#Comment_2879165

    They do, but not until the killer gets a hit on someone after it activates, then all 4 survivors get the notification. Keeps it a surprise until the last minute.

    Oh that's fine then really they just got to find the hex or get out.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2879165#Comment_2879165

    They do, but not until the killer gets a hit on someone after it activates, then all 4 survivors get the notification. Keeps it a surprise until the last minute.

    That's fine then IMO.

  • I agree, but then I'm one of those crazy people that spend the majority of the time playing survivor and yet think noed is perfectly fair. I see it activate, but the only time I see it get more than 1k (and most times only 1 hook unless the person was already on death hook) a straight correlation can be drawn to how potato my team went at the end.

  • NOED is the holy cow of bad Killers.

    "Just do bones" (even if it is a really, really terrible counter) spamming intensifies.

  • @Nikatara69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2878041#Comment_2878041

    DH is useless perk, especially when it's not connects properly with killer hit, u finishing up DH in ground and u still complaining about that perk, u serious???

    This is no problem since the hit validation implementation. Also the Devs confirmed that they will nerf Dead Hard.

  • I mean, like, I can live without NOED just fine, NOED is weakest of all endgame perks after all.

    But then what's the point of nerfs, it's just that bad and only real reason to remove bones from the game.

  • Wait, they nerfed CoH again?

  • @IamFran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2879059#Comment_2879059

    This is no problem since the hit validation implementation. Also the Devs confirmed that they will nerf Dead Hard.

    They said they are looking at it. They did not confirm that they will be nerfing it. While "looking at it" hints that it will be nerfed (because, at the end, Killers complained enough I guess), there was no official confirmation of a Nerf.

    Phrasing is important, otherwise we will be stuck with Threads a la "The Devs said they will nerf DH this Midchapter, where is the Nerf?!" because information have been passed on incorrectly.

  • you think the issue of noed is the movement speed? LOL

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2879197#Comment_2879197

    They said they are looking at it. They did not confirm that they will be nerfing it. While "looking at it" hints that it will be being nerfed (because, at the end, Killers complained enough I guess), there was no official confirmation of a Nerf.

    Phrasing is important, otherwise we will be stuck with Threads a la "The Devs said they will nerf DH this Midchapter, where is the Nerf?!" because information have been passed on incorrectly.

    They also said that they don't like the use for gaining distance and considering how problematic the perk is it will be a nerf, maybe a rework, but after the possible rework it would become the perk less powerful for sure.

  • @IamFran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2879305#Comment_2879305

    They also said that they don't like the use for gaining distance and considering how problematic the perk is it will be a nerf, maybe a rework, but after the possible rework it would become the perk less powerful for sure.

    Yeah, but "looking into it" does not mean that anything will actually be changed. It might mean that they just want to get Data. Or that they think about changes, but ultimately decide that they dont like any of the changes they thought about.

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    Doubt they are gonna touch noed as it's a factor that helps keeps the 2k kill ratio steady.

    I don't see it often but it usually gets them 1k while the rest of us leave.

    God forbid someone messes with the holy 2k kill ratio aim. Just facecamp one surv, use noed and facecamp the other!

  • @Kira4Evr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2879308#Comment_2879308

    I guess there's no shame in using Self-Care over CoH anymore

    I still prefer IS/SI for my solo, not going to heal anyone else build, but there should never have been shame involved.

    Strictly on paper, CoH is still a better perk for the team, especially as it stacks with every other type of healing, whereas self care is just you and provides a small bonus to med kits, as long as you use them on yourself. Even if you only heal yourself with it, it's still a faster speed than self care. (Not counting the time it takes to bless the totem, of course)

  • @dictep said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2878006#Comment_2878006

    There’s no surprise with noed. If you see a very bad killer before 5 gens are done. He has noed

    He's out of line but he's right.jpg

    :D

  • Honestly NOED is only annoying when the killer has played like trash gets a down right beside the totem and forces a 1k because of it. I don't personally think it needs to change and for the love of all that is holy do not go to OG NOED the pain. If everyone really thinks its unbalanced than put its activation after the 5 gens are do down to having actually hooked someone. If you haven't gotten a single player on the hook the whole game but get to down someone right at the end because you were either AFK waiting for it (I will find your totems if you are AFK with me... Fool me once and all that) or the MMR system put you with a top MMR SWF team you shouldn't get the free down. I do not personally care about this perk and I always assume you have it. I am not running around cleanse and booning every totem but I will take note. If I am the one downed I hope my team can save me but if not oh well you just move on cause at the end of the day its a game. Also if they have NOED I would like the option to kick the killer on hook. It does nothing to the killer no stun or anything but just a satisfying sound to play and a feeling that you kind of did something lol.

  • @DriplordDrew said:

    Honestly NOED is only annoying when the killer has played like trash gets a down right beside the totem and forces a 1k because of it. I don't personally think it needs to change and for the love of all that is holy do not go to OG NOED the pain. If everyone really thinks its unbalanced than put its activation after the 5 gens are do down to having actually hooked someone. If you haven't gotten a single player on the hook the whole game but get to down someone right at the end because you were either AFK waiting for it (I will find your totems if you are AFK with me... Fool me once and all that) or the MMR system put you with a top MMR SWF team you shouldn't get the free down. I do not personally care about this perk and I always assume you have it. I am not running around cleanse and booning every totem but I will take note. If I am the one downed I hope my team can save me but if not oh well you just move on cause at the end of the day its a game. Also if they have NOED I would like the option to kick the killer on hook. It does nothing to the killer no stun or anything but just a satisfying sound to play and a feeling that you kind of did something lol.

    Noed or not, I want to kick killers while I hang, that's funny as hell.

  • @DriplordDrew said:

    Honestly NOED is only annoying when the killer has played like trash gets a down right beside the totem and forces a 1k because of it. I don't personally think it needs to change and for the love of all that is holy do not go to OG NOED the pain. If everyone really thinks its unbalanced than put its activation after the 5 gens are do down to having actually hooked someone. If you haven't gotten a single player on the hook the whole game but get to down someone right at the end because you were either AFK waiting for it (I will find your totems if you are AFK with me... Fool me once and all that) or the MMR system put you with a top MMR SWF team you shouldn't get the free down. I do not personally care about this perk and I always assume you have it. I am not running around cleanse and booning every totem but I will take note. If I am the one downed I hope my team can save me but if not oh well you just move on cause at the end of the day its a game. Also if they have NOED I would like the option to kick the killer on hook. It does nothing to the killer no stun or anything but just a satisfying sound to play and a feeling that you kind of did something lol.

    Yeah, if killer does bad then survivors have a time to cleanse/check totems, if killer doesn't play bad they deserve to have a kill or two, it's weird how people get mad at "rewards playing badly" when it still punishes it.

  • @MrsGhostface said:

    What happened to “do bones”?

    Now that COH is nerfed, let’s get rid of that unnecessary movement speed boost NOED provides!

    "Do bones" does not apply to killers the same as survivors. When survivors do bones, they are gone for good. If killer does bones you just bring the bones back.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/316888/now-its-noeds-turn

    "Do bones" does not apply to killers the same as survivors. When survivors do bones, they are gone for good. If killer does bones you just bring the bones back.

    Very true lol the amount of times a killer has stomped my poor toxic CoH and SS while I was putting it up on another location because I knew that one was compromised (thanks Meg for taking the killer right to it) is comical and if there is a gen done next to a totem location the better cause less likely killer will be looking through that area.

  • @Tsulan said:

    People asking for NOED nerfs don't realize that without NOED, the kill rates would be far lower. Up to a point where killers are in for some heavy buffs.

    Remember that with NOED, the kill rates are slightly below 50%.

    I haven’t seen any stats indicating NOED increases the average kill rate more than other good perks.

1 2 ›