What's your most disliked map?

I'll put my top 3 I wish were changed or updated, this game is great but I wish we could start to move away from the whole "running in a circle" in any given chase ever feature some of these maps got going on. I understand it's like one of the few things to lose the killer but I just wish there was other safe zones to use or something than running in circles.

  1. SWAMP
  2. Coldwind Farms Maps
  3. Midwich Elementary


  1. Swamp is bad because it's grey everything and i personally cant find anyone ever.
  2. Coldwind Farms more like Haddonfield 2.0
  3. Midwich has pallets at every corner, anywhere it's ridiculous

Comments

  • any map that's too dark or too light because then I can barely see scratch marks.

    Also the game and RPD. And Badham.

  • @GannTM said:

    RPD Haddonfield and The Game.

    pls explain, You haven't memorized them by now? lol

  • RPD - Too big. Hard to navigate. Pain. Dark. Exploitable. Hold W 5000.

    The Game - Quantity of god pallets is higher than the number of my Spirit thread.

    Haddonfield - it's Haddonfield.

  • @RavenBirb said:

    I'll put my top 3 I wish were changed or updated, this game is great but I wish we could start to move away from the whole "running in a circle" in any given chase ever feature some of these maps got going on. I understand it's like one of the few things to lose the killer but I just wish there was other safe zones to use or something than running in circles.

    1. SWAMP
    2. Auto haven Wreckers
    3. Red Forest/Coldwind

    RPD and The Game are my least favorite. Springwood sucks too. I see a lot of people say they hate the Swamp, but I never understood why. I’ve never had trouble with that map.

  • @MrPeanutbutter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/315863/whats-your-most-disliked-map

    RPD and The Game are my least favorite. Springwood sucks too. I see a lot of people say they hate the Swamp, but I never understood why. I’ve never had trouble with that map.

    The swamp has a fat-shaming spot, but is otherwise fine for me.

    That said, some of the hills don't work for certain Killers, because their powers weren't designed to work on anything that isn't flat.

  • RPD and Badham

  • @RavenBirb said:

    I'll put my top 3 I wish were changed or updated, this game is great but I wish we could start to move away from the whole "running in a circle" in any given chase ever feature some of these maps got going on. I understand it's like one of the few things to lose the killer but I just wish there was other safe zones to use or something than running in circles.

    1. SWAMP
    2. Coldwind Farms Maps
    3. Midwich Elementary
    1. Swamp is bad because it's grey everything and i personally cant find anyone ever.
    2. Coldwind Farms more like Haddonfield 2.0
    3. Midwich has pallets at every corner, anywhere it's ridiculous

    Im a survivor main and I also hate midwich and coldwind.

    I think midwich is a terrible map for both killers and survivors, except if you're a nurse or a doctor.

    I dont mind the swamp, i used to hate it but i guess i dont mind it anymore.

    RCPD is awful too

  • I'm also not a fan of Backwater Swamp...

    ...but my god, Shelter Woods and Rotten Fields are hilariously outdated map designs. I can't believe they were basically left as-is when the map reworks were happening.

    I-Shaped Maps (Suffo Pit, Azarov's, Sanctum) and Licensed Indoor Maps (RPD, Midwich, The Game) are also terrible, but at least they aren't massive empty fields full of trees/corn.

  • As both killer and surv...RPD and Haddonfield. I get Haddonfield is apparently great for survivors but I never understood the appeal. Always hated the map. RPD is just nasty on its own. I always get lost despite I've played RE2 more than twice lol.

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2869293#Comment_2869293

    Absolutely hate that map and the way its designed sanctum is pretty much just azarovs resting place with a Japanese aesthetic

    I had games on pre-remaster Azarov's where I would get like 1-2 downs before the gens were done. It was such a disgusting setup the survivors had in the middle every time, combined with the horrendous main building. And yes, Sanctum is pretty much Azarov's but with a 2nd floor in the middle, with rock loops linking the main building to jungle gyms and shack and crap.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2870350#Comment_2870350

    I had games on pre-remaster Azarov's where I would get like 1-2 downs before the gens were done. It was such a disgusting setup the survivors had in the middle every time, combined with the horrendous main building. And yes, Sanctum is pretty much Azarov's but with a 2nd floor in the middle, with rock loops linking the main building to jungle gyms and shack and crap.

    Oh the middle of azarovs is just awful especially the back to back TL walls

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2870683#Comment_2870683

    Oh the middle of azarovs is just awful especially the back to back TL walls

    Yeah. I feel like they pretty much removed that though with the remaster. I see like one TL in the middle section, maybe one on each end of it at best. Most of the time I see those basic pallet loops, like two or three of them in the same middle section.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2870684#Comment_2870684

    Yeah. I feel like they pretty much removed that though with the remaster. I see like one TL in the middle section, maybe one on each end of it at best. Most of the time I see those basic pallet loops, like two or three of them in the same middle section.

    More common on Macmillan maps now a days it seems

  • MacMillan, Autohaven, Coldwind and Asylum.

    I'm so tired of getting those maps, I'd take RCPD or Midwich over them any day.

  • @GlutenFreeIceCubes said:

    As both killer and surv...RPD and Haddonfield. I get Haddonfield is apparently great for survivors but I never understood the appeal. Always hated the map. RPD is just nasty on its own. I always get lost despite I've played RE2 more than twice lol.

    I don't think they will change it, seems there's 50/50 either love it or hate it. I love it and it's not hard to memorize like any map, yall just hate to hate

  • @Shaped said:

    Midwich and rpd.

    Midwich wins easily just by being too dark.

    What the devs i hope understand it's not the map itself usually. It's the design and placements of windows and pallets and such, they playing eeeny meanie miney moe with all of them it seems like to me. There's not much thought of too much or too little.

  • The Game (it wouldn't kill them to get rid of some pallets ####) I'd rather get lost in RPD than deal with that map.

    Also the swamp I'm not a fan of. And suffocation pit.

    Midwich is an honorary mention cause of the crappy hook placements lol.

    1. RPD
    2. Lery's
    3. There are no other maps I hate as both killer AND survivor so there's no "Bronze medal of failure" to me.
  • @RavenBirb said:

    I'll put my top 3 I wish were changed or updated, this game is great but I wish we could start to move away from the whole "running in a circle" in any given chase ever feature some of these maps got going on. I understand it's like one of the few things to lose the killer but I just wish there was other safe zones to use or something than running in circles.

    1. SWAMP
    2. Coldwind Farms Maps
    3. Midwich Elementary
    1. Swamp is bad because it's grey everything and i personally cant find anyone ever.
    2. Coldwind Farms more like Haddonfield 2.0
    3. Midwich has pallets at every corner, anywhere it's ridiculous

    Swamp

  • Rpd, Midwich, Swamp.

    But, RPD offering, and I'm closing App.

  • as survivor:

    Shelter Woods... also Shelter Woods

    Killer Side:

    Hawkins... also r.i.p. Hawkins😔

  • @Xyvielia said:

    as survivor:

    Shelter Woods... also Shelter Woods

    Killer Side:

    Hawkins... also r.i.p. Hawkins😔

    RIP Hawkins indeed, was a good map in my opinion i know others don't think so lol.

  • @RavenBirb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2874072#Comment_2874072

    RIP Hawkins indeed, was a good map in my opinion i know others don't think so lol.

    Hawkins was my fav map all around; super fun as survivor, n I loved the aesthetics so much that I didn’t mind playing there as killer... jus got hella wrecked by survivors in that realm😅

  • The Game, Coldwind, RPD and Springwood

  • Cars, coal, and corn. Miss with MacMillan, Coldwind, and Autohaven.

    Love me some Dead Dawg, The Game, and Lery.

  • Badham by far, then corn maps cause it sucks, then probably that circus one

  • For me it's rcpd and the game map.

  • RPD honestly, not a fan of Shelter Woods too.

  • RPD. It's horrible no matter what role you play.

  • Autohaven, its just so ugly

  • @Anara said:

    Autohaven, its just so ugly

    and swamp isn't? 85% of it is just grey lol

  • shelter woods, how depressing

  • Swamp is ugly too, but not as much as Autohaven

  • @RavenBirb said:

    I'll put my top 3 I wish were changed or updated, this game is great but I wish we could start to move away from the whole "running in a circle" in any given chase ever feature some of these maps got going on. I understand it's like one of the few things to lose the killer but I just wish there was other safe zones to use or something than running in circles.

    1. SWAMP
    2. Coldwind Farms Maps
    3. Midwich Elementary
    1. Swamp is bad because it's grey everything and i personally cant find anyone ever.
    2. Coldwind Farms more like Haddonfield 2.0
    3. Midwich has pallets at every corner, anywhere it's ridiculous

    RPD as it’s not only enormous but also maze like, I can’t find my way around despite playing all the Resi games/versions; on either killer or survivor.

    I really think it should be split into 3 variations with either the lobby and left side, or lobby and right side.

    In the Resi games you often have to open up sections that are blocked, so it wouldn’t be a stretch to lock some of the doors, drop shutters or barricade paths with stacked furniture.

  • I'm not a fan of Haddonfield, but honestly I hate Badham just as much. It feels like such a map where only certain killers have a chance. Prior to that, Hawkins was terrible, but it's gone thank God. I also don't love RPD for the same reason I hate Badham, but less so because it's dependent on RNG which sometimes does favor the killer theielr

1 2 ›