Ugh. I gotta' say I'm a bit disappointed, but meh.
Power is probably whenever you hit somebody, you can take on their likeness to a degree or something of the like. I feel as though it'll be worthless, given 9 of 10 matches tend to be 3+ SWF w/comms. Hopefully they've thought this through, though... surely, right?
Crap... I really wanted a Wendigo, snow vamps, or Krampus Looks like a gritty reboot version of Last Year's Strangler with a generic mask.
Ugh. I gotta' say I'm a bit disappointed, but meh.
Power is probably whenever you hit somebody, you can take on their likeness to a degree or something of the like. I feel as though it'll be worthless, given 9 of 10 matches tend to be 3+ SWF w/comms. Hopefully they've thought this through, though... surely, right?
Crap... I really wanted a Wendigo, snow vamps, or Krampus Looks like a gritty reboot version of Last Year's Strangler with a generic mask.
Lmao we got a 10 second clip with nearly 0 informations and your already disappointed.
Who said that was the killer ?
This is actually Meg with her Deathgarden mask. I guess she found the knife on the way and kept it to stick it to Dwights whenever they try to molest her in lockers. Dwight are such pervs ...
It's not any of the characters I was hoping for; I'm allowed to be disappointed. Hard to argue that the killer looks bland AF. And, oooh, another knife weapon? Yay!
Since all any of us can do is speculate on the killer's power using the image provided, I don't think the idea of changing personas is a bad assumption... more than you provided or even discussed. I'm also disappointed in your trolling and inability to use basic grammar, so unless you have something worthwhile to add, perhaps you should, indeed, remain speechless. You are correct that the community is mental, though; in particular are the ones who just hop in and take swings without adding anything worthwhile.
Not all folks are doing cartwheels and shooting off fireworks at this sneak peak of the killer. Boring weapon, drab cosmetic look, especially with their color palette as shown apparently going to make hunting on a prospective snow-themed map laughable. I don't know why that's difficult to fathom.
I'll judge the killer properly upon release, but as far as speculation from this image is concerned, I feel allowed to be disappointed... most certainly.
@sorrowen said:
We don't even know what the killers power will be Spirit turned out pretty strong
She is very strong but that is after a few major buffs.
At the release she was mid-low, what changed her was cooldown of her power from 20s-15s she went from 0 to hero.
If you look at the killers all female ones are strong (besides piggy) and all are slow speed, the next killer being male more than likely 115% and no major power in stoping loops.
Maybe... The mirrors are a way of traveling for this killer. Everytime the killer goes through it, it changes them... Maybe they become weaker or stronger after traveling through.. maybe the more they enter the mirror over a certain duration their power gets stronger...
Or they are really strong by not going into the mirrors to travel... But if they use the mirror to travel quickly across the map, they get weaker for a certain amount of time.
Interesting though. I think that mirror will be used in game for something.
Could he be the vilain from the Split and Glass movies ... or maybe something inspired by that character ?
I'm truly interested in the answer of that question since I didn't see those movies. But as we're talking about split personalities and multiple powers thought that was worth a shot.
@sorrowen said:
We don't even know what the killers power will be Spirit turned out pretty strong
She is very strong but that is after a few major buffs.
At the release she was mid-low, what changed her was cooldown of her power from 20s-15s she went from 0 to hero.
If you look at the killers all female ones are strong (besides piggy) and all are slow speed, the next killer being male more than likely 115% and no major power in stoping loops.
I would argue her haunting sound being general and not directional is what made her more powerful. At least to me.
I think it's a multi-killer. You play as more than 1 killer at a time. Maybe they are AI controlled or maybe you only control one at a time but there are a few around the map you can switch to.
I hope that the Power is that you can switch between personalities.
Each personality having something better, like one having better FoV, one being slightly faster, one having faster attack recoveries, etc. etc.
@thesuicidefox said:
I think it's a multi-killer. You play as more than 1 killer at a time. Maybe they are AI controlled or maybe you only control one at a time but there are a few around the map you can switch to.
They keep making less interesting killers.. like dude in a coat wearing masks and some knife... like come on man.
There's so much creativity for this game and they stick with this...
@thesuicidefox said:
I think it's a multi-killer. You play as more than 1 killer at a time. Maybe they are AI controlled or maybe you only control one at a time but there are a few around the map you can switch to.
That's what I was thinking too
Maybe 3 are just patrols while you control 1. They all have slight differences and you swap between them so the survivors never really know which is controlled unless they're actively chased.
I did some research and found every movie I could that was a slasher/horror and took place in or around a ski resort. I found 10 or so, but there were two that fit both my criteria the best, even though I can't imagine the killer in these movies being the premise or inspiration for dbd's new killer because neither killer had any obvious special powers.
It's hard for me to even mention "Iced", but it fit the criteria for the most part. The horror fanbase thinks its garbage. But, it's a slasher in a ski resort - it kinda resembles Until Dawn more than anything else tbh. Some dude wants to get back at his friends so he invites them to a ski resort and kills em all in various ways, tractors, knives, icicles, etc.. One of the main characters loosely resembles kate's new outfit, too.
The one I found to be the most promising was a movie called "Satan's Blade". It was considered a Friday the 13th copy when it was released, but over time people came to appreciate it, and it gained it's own following. A dagger possesses people who come into contact with it, or something like that. They're driven to kill etc.. The trailer is pretty funny.
@ItsYourBoyGuzma said:
They keep making less interesting killers.. like dude in a coat wearing masks and some knife... like come on man.
There's so much creativity for this game and they stick with this...
That's a bit true,they did very good with the spirit,design,history,character,appearence Etc,but this one doesn't look so good,also he looks like The Strangler From Last year the nightmare,the spirit looks more ,Scary, her Weapon,Appearence,Backstory Etc.
they can make better things,but idk if they are a bit lazy or they dont want to take much time to make Great Killers?
@Attackfrog said:
....Or is this ACTUALLY the SURVIVOR!?!?
Oh my gourd! Yeah! well wait!!! there are four reflections, one of them is different, like an imitation of the others, blending in. The killer has got to be some kind of shapeshifter or impersonator... I'm betting the thing!!! That bish is old as hell... or was the old killer coming in chapter 11? Maybe this is a teaser for ch 11 and not 10?
@Attackfrog said:
....Or is this ACTUALLY the SURVIVOR!?!?
Oh my gourd! Yeah! well wait!!! there are four reflections, one of them is different, like an imitation of the others, blending in. The killer has got to be some kind of shapeshifter or impersonator... I'm betting the thing!!! That bish is old as hell... or was the old killer coming in chapter 11? Maybe this is a teaser for ch 11 and not 10?
Would be kind of cool if they introduced a crazy survivor. I don't play survivor much but I probably would play a lunatic survivor.
The knife doesn't fit though...unless it's a new survivor tool. Lol knife = infinite DS's!!!
Ugh. I gotta' say I'm a bit disappointed, but meh.
Power is probably whenever you hit somebody, you can take on their likeness to a degree or something of the like. I feel as though it'll be worthless, given 9 of 10 matches tend to be 3+ SWF w/comms. Hopefully they've thought this through, though... surely, right?
Crap... I really wanted a Wendigo, snow vamps, or Krampus Looks like a gritty reboot version of Last Year's Strangler with a generic mask
I'm so freaking happy it's not a wendigo...... everywhere.... reddit, Facebook the forumns its just annoying everyone yelling for a wendigo
^^^ Kinda' makes you think everybody wanted a Wendigo then, doesn't it? I get that Hag is close to one and all, but I still guarantee it would've looked more imposing and singular than a Great Value Strangler with a survival knife and a set of Halloween masks from Wish-dot-com. Look-wise, I don't see much more that could be added to this character that's not shown here to make them stand out compared to the other killers in design. Quite generic and pedestrian, frankly.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Damn, new killer looks very very cool!! I'm so excited, can't wait for it being released..
Maybe that's the details of this killer since the clown and spirit have their own
Snagged a brightened image from my group. Looking good.

Hmm these names though...

Ugh. I gotta' say I'm a bit disappointed, but meh.
Power is probably whenever you hit somebody, you can take on their likeness to a degree or something of the like. I feel as though it'll be worthless, given 9 of 10 matches tend to be 3+ SWF w/comms. Hopefully they've thought this through, though... surely, right?
Crap... I really wanted a Wendigo, snow vamps, or Krampus
Looks like a gritty reboot version of Last Year's Strangler with a generic mask.
His victims, maybe there is a name of the survivor oooor easter egg?
That same talk was about the spirit and now she is a high-tier killer
4 reflections, 4 names (all with tallies i.e. kill counts). New killer is actually 4 killers in one. Maybe multiple personalities.
Maybe the killer's power changes with the more survivors that die?.. or hooked?
That would make sense
I really REALLY like the idea of a killer with MPD. Maybe each time they get a hook, they get stronger.
Calling it down
killer will be like Michael myers, and gets stronger everytime he uses his power on survivors
also this is the real picture

They each other share a power? maybe
He can teleport by using mirrors poggers
This community is mental .. Im speechless
We don't even know what the killers power will be
Spirit turned out pretty strong 
Probably by the looks loopable, if i were to guess middle of the pack most likely.
Spirit is sorta loopable but her power makes it harder could it be the more decayed his state the stronger he gets?
Who said that was the killer ?
This is actually Meg with her Deathgarden mask. I guess she found the knife on the way and kept it to stick it to Dwights whenever they try to molest her in lockers. Dwight are such pervs ...
It's not any of the characters I was hoping for; I'm allowed to be disappointed. Hard to argue that the killer looks bland AF. And, oooh, another knife weapon? Yay!
Since all any of us can do is speculate on the killer's power using the image provided, I don't think the idea of changing personas is a bad assumption... more than you provided or even discussed. I'm also disappointed in your trolling and inability to use basic grammar, so unless you have something worthwhile to add, perhaps you should, indeed, remain speechless. You are correct that the community is mental, though; in particular are the ones who just hop in and take swings without adding anything worthwhile.
Not all folks are doing cartwheels and shooting off fireworks at this sneak peak of the killer. Boring weapon, drab cosmetic look, especially with their color palette as shown apparently going to make hunting on a prospective snow-themed map laughable. I don't know why that's difficult to fathom.
I'll judge the killer properly upon release, but as far as speculation from this image is concerned, I feel allowed to be disappointed... most certainly.
She is very strong but that is after a few major buffs.
At the release she was mid-low, what changed her was cooldown of her power from 20s-15s she went from 0 to hero.
If you look at the killers all female ones are strong (besides piggy) and all are slow speed, the next killer being male more than likely 115% and no major power in stoping loops.
I'll judge the killer when I play it the look is interesting though.
Maybe... The mirrors are a way of traveling for this killer. Everytime the killer goes through it, it changes them... Maybe they become weaker or stronger after traveling through.. maybe the more they enter the mirror over a certain duration their power gets stronger...
Or they are really strong by not going into the mirrors to travel... But if they use the mirror to travel quickly across the map, they get weaker for a certain amount of time.
Interesting though. I think that mirror will be used in game for something.
Could he be the vilain from the Split and Glass movies ... or maybe something inspired by that character ?
I'm truly interested in the answer of that question since I didn't see those movies. But as we're talking about split personalities and multiple powers thought that was worth a shot.
"Within darkness lies a legion…"
Wait a damn second, that is the new killer, he/she looks like a The Puppetmaster
I think it's a multi-killer. You play as more than 1 killer at a time. Maybe they are AI controlled or maybe you only control one at a time but there are a few around the map you can switch to.
I hope that the Power is that you can switch between personalities.
Each personality having something better, like one having better FoV, one being slightly faster, one having faster attack recoveries, etc. etc.
That's what I was thinking too
They keep making less interesting killers.. like dude in a coat wearing masks and some knife... like come on man.
There's so much creativity for this game and they stick with this...
Wait a second..... If the killer is ''male'' gender...that means that survivor will be female <33333
Hm...was hoping for Krampus. Oh well.
I did some research and found every movie I could that was a slasher/horror and took place in or around a ski resort. I found 10 or so, but there were two that fit both my criteria the best, even though I can't imagine the killer in these movies being the premise or inspiration for dbd's new killer because neither killer had any obvious special powers.
It's hard for me to even mention "Iced", but it fit the criteria for the most part. The horror fanbase thinks its garbage. But, it's a slasher in a ski resort - it kinda resembles Until Dawn more than anything else tbh. Some dude wants to get back at his friends so he invites them to a ski resort and kills em all in various ways, tractors, knives, icicles, etc.. One of the main characters loosely resembles kate's new outfit, too.
https://aslashabove.com/2012/09/28/iced-1988-review/
The one I found to be the most promising was a movie called "Satan's Blade". It was considered a Friday the 13th copy when it was released, but over time people came to appreciate it, and it gained it's own following. A dagger possesses people who come into contact with it, or something like that. They're driven to kill etc.. The trailer is pretty funny.
https://aslashabove.com/2012/01/02/satans-blade-1984-review/
Oh yeah, while messing with the exposure of that image we got today, I discovered something looking back at me...
Well in my opinion the new killer looks pretty meh...but it's just a sneak peek so I will wait and see. I assume/hope it's a non licensed killer.
Appearance wise killer looks pretty generic. Looks like he may have a cool power though.
I think a multi-kiler or multi-personality killer would be amazing.
Either way, probably and instant buy from me based on all their other killers.
its probably a he because the last killer was female
That's a bit true,they did very good with the spirit,design,history,character,appearence Etc,but this one doesn't look so good,also he looks like The Strangler From Last year the nightmare,the spirit looks more ,Scary, her Weapon,Appearence,Backstory Etc.
they can make better things,but idk if they are a bit lazy or they dont want to take much time to make Great Killers?
Oh my gourd! Yeah! well wait!!! there are four reflections, one of them is different, like an imitation of the others, blending in. The killer has got to be some kind of shapeshifter or impersonator... I'm betting the thing!!! That bish is old as hell... or was the old killer coming in chapter 11? Maybe this is a teaser for ch 11 and not 10?
Would be kind of cool if they introduced a crazy survivor. I don't play survivor much but I probably would play a lunatic survivor.
The knife doesn't fit though...unless it's a new survivor tool. Lol knife = infinite DS's!!!
^^^ Kinda' makes you think everybody wanted a Wendigo then, doesn't it? I get that Hag is close to one and all, but I still guarantee it would've looked more imposing and singular than a Great Value Strangler with a survival knife and a set of Halloween masks from Wish-dot-com. Look-wise, I don't see much more that could be added to this character that's not shown here to make them stand out compared to the other killers in design. Quite generic and pedestrian, frankly.