Dead Hard for distance.

So we all know bhvr is looking at Dead Hard, and they have said they don't like the distance part. I have seen some content creators trying to push the idea that the i frames are the issue with the perk and not the distance. This may be slightly true for ranged killers, but for everyone else the distance is the most aggravating part about the perk.

I am so tired of making a survivor go to the dead side of a loop or making them hesitate, only for them to just hit the undo key and Dead Hard to the pallet or window without any say from the killer. There is no counter to this and it just feels so bad. I wouldn't be as annoyed if the survivor was able to time the i frames when i swing because that actually takes some effort.

Don't listen to them! the distance is the problem.

If you can convince me otherwise, then have a go.

Comments

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2852713#Comment_2852713

    If there is sound logic to your arguments, I am willing to change my opinion and even more so if there was data (which I think would be easy enough to gather).

    I want you to understand where I'm coming from. I play both sides but tend to play survivor slightly more than killer because my friends generally want to play, otherwise I would play more killer. When I play survivor, I don't use Dead Hard because I think Sprint Burst and Overcome are superior because they give more speed burst time and you can control the direction of your speed burst, unlike Dead Hard.

    When I make these counter statements to your arguments, I'm not making them to be mean or because I care about Dead Hard being nerfed. I am making them because I don't understand the logic behind these arguments. I also doubt anything I say on these forums will do anything to what the developers are planning. I doubt they even read these forums, judging by how bad the game design is right now.

    -it grants a free Health State, which no other Exhaustion Perk grants

    Dead Hard is different from a free health state. When you are hit and lose a health state, you get a 2 or 3 second speed boost and have maneuverability during that speed boost. When you exaggerate, the people on the other-side of the argument see this as an exaggeration and tend to ignore the argument because they feel as if you really don't have anything backing your statements since you resorted to exaggerating.

    -it can be activated whenever, unlike any other Exhaustion Perk

    Sort of. Lithe, Balanced Landing and Sprint Burst can also be activated by specific player input. Sprint Burst is exactly like Dead Hard in this aspect because it requires you to press a button (The shift button) just like Dead Hard (The active button). However, I don't see how this is a problem in the first place, different perks are activated differently. Just because 2 of the exhaustion perks require an activation key doesn't make them better or worse than other perks. It only makes them different.

    -Dead Hard Validation straight up denies Killer Powers (confirmed to be a bug)

    So this is a bug that will be hopefully be fixed at some point. I don't understand how this matters in an argument for buffing or nerfing anything.

    -it probably has the lowest risk-highest reward among Exhaustion Perks

    This is an opinion, there's really no way to measure this. For me, Sprint Burst and Overcome and much less risky and much higher rewards because they cannot be baited out or missed. They always work.

    -renders mindgames useless, unlike any other Exhaustion Perk

    I believe you are saying that if a survivor makes a mistake during a chase, they have the option to use Dead Hard. I agree. Yes a survivor would have 1 chance to correct a mistake made in a chase. It doesn't render mind-games useless, because the survivor still needs to use Dead Hard, so your mind-game draws out a Dead Hard.

    If you refine this argument more to show why this means Dead Hard needs to be nerfed maybe gather data.

    -using Dead Hard for distance is uncounterable

    I just don't understood this argument. No exhaustion perk use for distance is able to be countered.

    --

    Again, I'm trying to understand why Dead Hard out of the other exhaustion perks is in need of a nerf. None of the arguments I've seen against Dead Hard hold much weight as an argument.

    To me personally, it seems like there are some killer-players that are bothered by Dead Hard because it is such an in-your-face perk. I think killer-players are noticing Dead Hard because it's similar to a big-flashing-sign; you "see" it because it's used in close chases. If these killer-players took a step back and analyzed it compared to other exhaustion perks, I think they would be surprised at home much more chase times are extended with the other exhaustion perks.

    This is only my opinion from what I'm seeing on the forums because I'm not seeing compelling evidence or arguments that suggest otherwise.

    --

    I presented an argument that close-proximity-camping is rewarded in game. A lot of people disagreed, so I did 40 games close-proximity-camping and presented the evidence on the boards. It feels as if this is something that people are so polarized on, that it would be worthwhile to do testing on.

    Instead of the daily "Dead Hard" forum post with arguments that don't really hold any weight, why not actually do something that someone will pay attention to.

    Lets also not forget dead hard turns trappers power on him. Put a beartrap on a pallet so they are forced to drop it? Nope they E through the beartrap and now trapper lost all that distance. He can run the loop again but most of the time after the survivor Es the trap they hold W so its on the survivor to make that mistake.

  • Dead Hard needs to provide some distance since just having I-Frames would do nothing. A killer swings through you, but is still on top of you. You're going down unless you are right next to a pallet.

    I think it would be pretty hard to straight nerf Dead Hard, because the issue is that both dodging a swing and squeezing out a bit of extra distance provide the same value. Dead Harding a swing near nothing is just going to get you downed so dodging a swing still needs a pallet or vault like dead harding for distance does.

    Meaning Dead Hard needs to be changed in a way that it gives less distance when not dodging a hit and more distance when dodging a hit.

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2852881#Comment_2852881

    Very confused what you mean with this. I'm assuming it's in reference to the "spreading misinformation" thing but cba to figure out why you said that.

    Yes - It's a direct reference to the following 'bad-faith' statement:

    "No one who wants it nerfed can articulate why they want it nerfed."

  • @Crowman said:

    Dead Hard needs to provide some distance since just having I-Frames would do nothing. A killer swings through you, but is still on top of you. You're going down unless you are right next to a pallet.

    I think it would be pretty hard to straight nerf Dead Hard, because the issue is that both dodging a swing and squeezing out a bit of extra distance provide the same value. Dead Harding a swing near nothing is just going to get you downed so dodging a swing still needs a pallet or vault like dead harding for distance does.

    Meaning Dead Hard needs to be changed in a way that it gives less distance when not dodging a hit and more distance when dodging a hit.

    I mean a rework i saw floating around was to have deadhard give you a speedboost like any exhaustion perk. When the killers hit phases through the invincibility frames. But that sounds difficult to code and idk how well it'd work in practice.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2852898#Comment_2852898

    I mean a rework i saw floating around was to have deadhard give you a speedboost like any exhaustion perk. When the killers hit phases through the invincibility frames. But that sounds difficult to code and idk how well it'd work in practice.

    There's a challenge for killer's whiffing swings near you. Don't need to code it for passing through you with i-frames.

    Reduce the distance by half and add an extra effect that if the killer swings near you while you are dashing (and maybe a second afterwards) then you get a sprint burst.

  • @fulltonon said:

    You can kinda counter I-frame, you can't counter distance.

    Hatchet go brrrrr?

    I'd rather they removed the iframe and kept the distance, yay you dashed to that window now eat a hatchet in the back as you vault.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2852713#Comment_2852713

    If there is sound logic to your arguments, I am willing to change my opinion and even more so if there was data (which I think would be easy enough to gather).

    I want you to understand where I'm coming from. I play both sides but tend to play survivor slightly more than killer because my friends generally want to play, otherwise I would play more killer. When I play survivor, I don't use Dead Hard because I think Sprint Burst and Overcome are superior because they give more speed burst time and you can control the direction of your speed burst, unlike Dead Hard.

    When I make these counter statements to your arguments, I'm not making them to be mean or because I care about Dead Hard being nerfed. I am making them because I don't understand the logic behind these arguments. I also doubt anything I say on these forums will do anything to what the developers are planning. I doubt they even read these forums, judging by how bad the game design is right now.

    -it grants a free Health State, which no other Exhaustion Perk grants

    Dead Hard is different from a free health state. When you are hit and lose a health state, you get a 2 or 3 second speed boost and have maneuverability during that speed boost. When you exaggerate, the people on the other-side of the argument see this as an exaggeration and tend to ignore the argument because they feel as if you really don't have anything backing your statements since you resorted to exaggerating.

    -it can be activated whenever, unlike any other Exhaustion Perk

    Sort of. Lithe, Balanced Landing and Sprint Burst can also be activated by specific player input. Sprint Burst is exactly like Dead Hard in this aspect because it requires you to press a button (The shift button) just like Dead Hard (The active button). However, I don't see how this is a problem in the first place, different perks are activated differently. Just because 2 of the exhaustion perks require an activation key doesn't make them better or worse than other perks. It only makes them different.

    -Dead Hard Validation straight up denies Killer Powers (confirmed to be a bug)

    So this is a bug that will be hopefully be fixed at some point. I don't understand how this matters in an argument for buffing or nerfing anything.

    -it probably has the lowest risk-highest reward among Exhaustion Perks

    This is an opinion, there's really no way to measure this. For me, Sprint Burst and Overcome and much less risky and much higher rewards because they cannot be baited out or missed. They always work.

    -renders mindgames useless, unlike any other Exhaustion Perk

    I believe you are saying that if a survivor makes a mistake during a chase, they have the option to use Dead Hard. I agree. Yes a survivor would have 1 chance to correct a mistake made in a chase. It doesn't render mind-games useless, because the survivor still needs to use Dead Hard, so your mind-game draws out a Dead Hard.

    If you refine this argument more to show why this means Dead Hard needs to be nerfed maybe gather data.

    -using Dead Hard for distance is uncounterable

    I just don't understood this argument. No exhaustion perk use for distance is able to be countered.

    --

    Again, I'm trying to understand why Dead Hard out of the other exhaustion perks is in need of a nerf. None of the arguments I've seen against Dead Hard hold much weight as an argument.

    To me personally, it seems like there are some killer-players that are bothered by Dead Hard because it is such an in-your-face perk. I think killer-players are noticing Dead Hard because it's similar to a big-flashing-sign; you "see" it because it's used in close chases. If these killer-players took a step back and analyzed it compared to other exhaustion perks, I think they would be surprised at home much more chase times are extended with the other exhaustion perks.

    This is only my opinion from what I'm seeing on the forums because I'm not seeing compelling evidence or arguments that suggest otherwise.

    --

    I presented an argument that close-proximity-camping is rewarded in game. A lot of people disagreed, so I did 40 games close-proximity-camping and presented the evidence on the boards. It feels as if this is something that people are so polarized on, that it would be worthwhile to do testing on.

    Instead of the daily "Dead Hard" forum post with arguments that don't really hold any weight, why not actually do something that someone will pay attention to.

    No offense taken.


    Dead Hard is different from a free health state. When you are hit and lose a health state, you get a 2 or 3 second speed boost and have maneuverability during that speed boost. When you exaggerate, the people on the other-side of the argument see this as an exaggeration and tend to ignore the argument because they feel as if you really don't have anything backing your statements since you resorted to exaggerating.

    Alright, no exaggerating. Dead Hard is an Exhaustion Perk able to give you free, controllable distance on command with no drawbacks.


    Sort of. Lithe, Balanced Landing and Sprint Burst can also be activated by specific player input. Sprint Burst is exactly like Dead Hard in this aspect because it requires you to press a button (The shift button) just like Dead Hard (The active button). However, I don't see how this is a problem in the first place, different perks are activated differently. Just because 2 of the exhaustion perks require an activation key doesn't make them better or worse than other perks. It only makes them different.

    Lithe is probably some of the best balanced Exhaustion Perks in the game. It require player interaction and decision making. Use the speed boost but give up a tile or continue looping and give up the speed boost. Sprint Burst is more similar to Lithe in that regard.

    Different is good. What's not good is having a Perk with no interaction or decision making being better than a Perk that does something similar.


    This is an opinion, there's really no way to measure this. For me, Sprint Burst and Overcome and much less risky and much higher rewards because they cannot be baited out or missed. They always work.

    Dead Hard can't be baited out. I know it's hard for you to believe but trust me, it's easy to use it properly so you don't get baited.


    I believe you are saying that if a survivor makes a mistake during a chase, they have the option to use Dead Hard. I agree. Yes a survivor would have 1 chance to correct a mistake made in a chase. It doesn't render mind-games useless, because the survivor still needs to use Dead Hard, so your mind-game draws out a Dead Hard.

    It did render the mindgame useless. You would've downed them, now you gotta start a whole nother chase with them.


    I just don't understood this argument. No exhaustion perk use for distance is able to be countered.

    There's a whole difference between Dead Hard distance and the distance of other Exhaustion Perks. Most of them either deny chase or end chase, Dead Hard extends chases by 30 seconds minimum.

  • Distance is the issue that pops up the most. The way I see it, most survivors that use it for distance already know how many loops they can get out of a tile and where safe areas are if they need to reach them. Take away DH and they will simply throw the pallet sooner and switch back to SB for that initial distance to a strong tile.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2852729#Comment_2852729

    It was sarcasm, given that you had done the impossible.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2852837#Comment_2852837

    "Instead of the daily "Dead Hard" forum post with arguments that don't really hold any weight, why not actually do something that someone will pay attention to."

    Given that the devs have said they're looking into it + the fact that you, yourself, wrote a wall of text that you'd like someone to pay attention to, this quote is particularly amusing.

    It's not hard to do the impossible, as long as you're a Demogorgon main of course

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2852837#Comment_2852837

    Lets also not forget dead hard turns trappers power on him. Put a beartrap on a pallet so they are forced to drop it? Nope they E through the beartrap and now trapper lost all that distance. He can run the loop again but most of the time after the survivor Es the trap they hold W so its on the survivor to make that mistake.

    Wait for survs changing dh for sb and you won’t see any trapper again

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2852186#Comment_2852186

    So each endurance perk, including Dead Hard, need to be activated somehow. This means Dead Hard needs to be nerfed.

    I'm so glad the developers don't listen to these forums except to amuse themselves, some of the most over-the-top things are said on here. I would have sworn this post was satire it's so self-unaware.

    This post, and other posts like it on this threat, is the reason Dead Hard isn't going to be nerfed. No one who wants it nerfed can articulate why they want it nerfed.

    "This post, and other posts like it on this threat, is the reason Dead Hard isn't going to be nerfed."

    I mean, OP is alleging that the devs have already signaled that they don't like DH for distance and are looking into the perk. I don't know if that's true, but between this bit and what OP alleges, one of those two pieces of information is definitely incorrect.

  • A perk that gives you complete immunity to any hit and is still able to give you distance to a pallet or loop. It's insanely pathetic to continue the way it is, it's literally a third health state.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2852590#Comment_2852590

    "This post, and other posts like it on this threat, is the reason Dead Hard isn't going to be nerfed."

    I mean, OP is alleging that the devs have already signaled that they don't like DH for distance and are looking into the perk. I don't know if that's true, but between this bit and what OP alleges, one of those two pieces of information is definitely incorrect.

    https://youtu.be/wIocxDbQ-9g

    19:08

  • @dictep said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2852890#Comment_2852890

    Wait for survs changing dh for sb and you won’t see any trapper again

    For sure - People switching to a perk that doesn't shut down any of his prior set-up will surely be the death of our beloved Trapper.

    T_T

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2852837#Comment_2852837

    No offense taken.

    Dead Hard is different from a free health state. When you are hit and lose a health state, you get a 2 or 3 second speed boost and have maneuverability during that speed boost. When you exaggerate, the people on the other-side of the argument see this as an exaggeration and tend to ignore the argument because they feel as if you really don't have anything backing your statements since you resorted to exaggerating.

    Alright, no exaggerating. Dead Hard is an Exhaustion Perk able to give you free, controllable distance on command with no drawbacks.

    Sort of. Lithe, Balanced Landing and Sprint Burst can also be activated by specific player input. Sprint Burst is exactly like Dead Hard in this aspect because it requires you to press a button (The shift button) just like Dead Hard (The active button). However, I don't see how this is a problem in the first place, different perks are activated differently. Just because 2 of the exhaustion perks require an activation key doesn't make them better or worse than other perks. It only makes them different.

    Lithe is probably some of the best balanced Exhaustion Perks in the game. It require player interaction and decision making. Use the speed boost but give up a tile or continue looping and give up the speed boost. Sprint Burst is more similar to Lithe in that regard.

    Different is good. What's not good is having a Perk with no interaction or decision making being better than a Perk that does something similar.

    This is an opinion, there's really no way to measure this. For me, Sprint Burst and Overcome and much less risky and much higher rewards because they cannot be baited out or missed. They always work.

    Dead Hard can't be baited out. I know it's hard for you to believe but trust me, it's easy to use it properly so you don't get baited.

    I believe you are saying that if a survivor makes a mistake during a chase, they have the option to use Dead Hard. I agree. Yes a survivor would have 1 chance to correct a mistake made in a chase. It doesn't render mind-games useless, because the survivor still needs to use Dead Hard, so your mind-game draws out a Dead Hard.

    It did render the mindgame useless. You would've downed them, now you gotta start a whole nother chase with them.

    I just don't understood this argument. No exhaustion perk use for distance is able to be countered.

    There's a whole difference between Dead Hard distance and the distance of other Exhaustion Perks. Most of them either deny chase or end chase, Dead Hard extends chases by 30 seconds minimum.

    These arguments make more sense to me. The only one that kind of bothers me is the...

    Alright, no exaggerating. Dead Hard is an Exhaustion Perk able to give you free, controllable distance on command with no drawbacks.

    When I see this, I think that a survivor does have to be injured to be able to use it. It might be me being nitpicky.

    Dead Hard can't be baited out. I know it's hard for you to believe but trust me, it's easy to use it properly so you don't get baited.

    I'll trust you on this because I'm sure I don't play killer on the same level as you since I split up between survivor and killer. So I'm assuming I'm going against survivors who don't use it as good.

    I don't know if this is really a problem since other exhaustion perks would be similar with skilled survivors. In this, I mean a skilled survivor would be just as hard to bait out a Sprint Burst as a Dead Hard. I'm not even sure having the ability to be baited out is enough to matter in the grand scheme of things.

    There's a whole difference between Dead Hard distance and the distance of other Exhaustion Perks. Most of them either deny chase or end chase, Dead Hard extends chases by 30 seconds minimum

    I think your last two arguments come down the same thing, the argument above. If the developers listened to the forums, I think this would be the best argument for getting Dead Hard nerfed. If it's actually extending chases an additional 30 seconds or so, compared to the other exhaustion perks, then I would definitely say it needs a nerf, as a developer.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2851251#Comment_2851251

    Still doing this on last gen? I gave the game a go on my launch day xbox one and ps4 just for fun when they launched nemesis... it was awful.

    Ayup, altho it's definetly not as common as it used to be, but the fact that it still happens is really annoying.

  • Agree. The issue with the perk is the distance, not the iframe.

    The iframe has counter play and can be baited out.

    However the DH for distance when used correctly has no counter play. You basically just greed every single loop and DH if they call your bluff. Puts you in a win/win situation with nothing you can do as killer other than eat the extra time waste.

    I'd also say Exhaustions current design in general is problematic as well, but I suppose that's another topic.

  • Just delete DH already, problem solved.

  • And it covers way less distance than Sprint Burst.

    The perk is absolutely fine, it is supposed to help in a chase. It is almost like saying survivors are not supposed to run, evade, or dodge the killer.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    And it covers way less distance than Sprint Burst.

    The perk is absolutely fine, it is supposed to help in a chase. It is almost like saying survivors are not supposed to run, evade, or dodge the killer.

    sprint burst

    (Here I go with the headers again...)

    Ok sure, Dead Hard gives less distance than Sprint burst, however, Dead Hard can be activated whenever you want to. If Sprint Burst was an activatable perk it would beat Dead Hard easily.


    that other thing you said

    There is a reason Dead Hard is so hated by killers, and it's the same reason NoED is hated by survivors. It's cheap, allows you to reap so much while sowing basically nothing, and can't necessarily be outplayed. (And don't even tell me how you expect anyone that isn't a 3-4 man SWF to get all totems done before all totems) You can't do anything to prevent Dead Hard.


    free distance

    Dead Hard also lets you take so many more risks because, well, see above. Feel free to try to loop that car again, because Dead Hard will let you. People can be so much riskier, and while it doesn't reward bad gameplay, it completely mitigates the downside of bad gameplay.


    should looping be a thing?

    Yes*


    *But there should be a risk. Dead Hard completely removes that risk.

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2852837#Comment_2852837

    The thing is, when you take the other exhaustion perks' boosts, they either:

    1: require something that's not everywhere (drops, windows, pallets)

    2: are only relevant near or at the start of a chase, which can then be reassessed by the killer whether it's worth taking at all

    Dead Hard becomes relevant the moment the killer will get the pay-off for investing the time into the chase. That's what sets DH apart from the other exhaustion perks. A sprint burst can be baited, and said chase can be abandoned immediately without much time loss. Lithe, BL and Smash Hit require a specific tile/structure and once seen, can be anticipated. Chases involving the survivors using those perks are then played differently.

    Unless the killer has an instadown, DH must be eaten through to achieve the same result. Whether it's a plain dodge of a hit, or a pre-emptive burst of speed, it happens just before the killer would land the hit. To get to that point, the killer has spent a long time chasing the survivor, which is instantly reduced to the inevitable press of a single button. When pressing the "funny button", the killer just wasted all that time they could better have spent defending pressuring gens. Chases require 3 "hit distance" moments when DH is in play. No other perk does that.

    Exactly.

  • @Tr1nity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2853594#Comment_2853594

    sprint burst

    (Here I go with the headers again...)

    Ok sure, Dead Hard gives less distance than Sprint burst, however, Dead Hard can be activated whenever you want to. If Sprint Burst was an activatable perk it would beat Dead Hard easily.

    that other thing you said

    There is a reason Dead Hard is so hated by killers, and it's the same reason NoED is hated by survivors. It's cheap, allows you to reap so much while sowing basically nothing, and can't necessarily be outplayed. (And don't even tell me how you expect anyone that isn't a 3-4 man SWF to get all totems done before all totems) You can't do anything to prevent Dead Hard.

    free distance

    Dead Hard also lets you take so many more risks because, well, see above. Feel free to try to loop that car again, because Dead Hard will let you. People can be so much riskier, and while it doesn't reward bad gameplay, it completely mitigates the downside of bad gameplay.

    should looping be a thing?

    Yes*

    *But there should be a risk. Dead Hard completely removes that risk.

    There is a huge cost to Dead Hard being activatable: less distance. There is a lot of risk to dead hard, as killers can bait it out (most of the time) or a 1-shot killer like Myers totally makes it void. Sprint Burst wins in both scenarios.

    Why are we saying free distance instead of earned distance? You earned the perk, it should help you.

    I don't see how Dead Hard is comparable to NOED. NOED makes you stronger for losing the entire game. Survivors don't have strong perks like killer perks.

    Look how Parental Guidance compares to the new activatable Ruin perk with tinkerer built-in.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2853622#Comment_2853622

    There is a huge cost to Dead Hard being activatable: less distance. There is a lot of risk to dead hard, as killers can bait it out (most of the time) or a 1-shot killer like Myers totally makes it void. Sprint Burst wins in both scenarios.

    Why are we saying free distance instead of earned distance? You earned the perk, it should help you.

    I don't see how Dead Hard is comparable to NOED. NOED makes you stronger for losing the entire game. Survivors don't have strong perks like killer perks.

    Look how Parental Guidance compares to the new activatable Ruin perk with tinkerer built-in.

    Yes, exposed beats Dead Hard, but Myers and Ghosty aren't gonna be problems that much, but Dead Hard for distance means that baiting the Dead Hard is pointless.

    And that less distance is nothing because it's often enough to get to that pallet or vault.

    Getting the perk is not something done in a trial, and something the killer has no control over.

    The perk should help you, just not render the killer completely pointless until you press "E"

  • @Tr1nity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2853643#Comment_2853643

    Yes, exposed beats Dead Hard, but Myers and Ghosty aren't gonna be problems that much, but Dead Hard for distance means that baiting the Dead Hard is pointless.

    And that less distance is nothing because it's often enough to get to that pallet or vault.

    Getting the perk is not something done in a trial, and something the killer has no control over.

    The perk should help you, just not render the killer completely pointless until you press "E"

    It is still no different than Sprint Burst. Sprint Burst avoids or delays hit like Dead Hard does.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2853668#Comment_2853668

    It is still no different than Sprint Burst. Sprint Burst avoids or delays hit like Dead Hard does.

    But Sprint Burst only prevents the first hit, say your caught at a gen, with a Pallet nearby. Sprint Burst will be wasted because you need to run to the pallet, but you would have made it Sprint Burst or not. Use Dead hard when it's convienient.

  • @Tr1nity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2853682#Comment_2853682

    But Sprint Burst only prevents the first hit, say your caught at a gen, with a Pallet nearby. Sprint Burst will be wasted because you need to run to the pallet, but you would have made it Sprint Burst or not. Use Dead hard when it's convienient.

    What if you couldn't arrive to the pallet without the Sprint? There's even a chance Dead Hard wouldn't give enough distance, making Sprint Burst stronger.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2853686#Comment_2853686

    What if you couldn't arrive to the pallet without the Sprint? There's even a chance Dead Hard wouldn't give enough distance, making Sprint Burst stronger.

    Then you can take the hit because you have dead hard, or, if you're injured you can Dead Hard for that distance and make it to that pallet, that's one scenario

  • @Tr1nity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2853693#Comment_2853693

    Then you can take the hit because you have dead hard, or, if you're injured you can Dead Hard for that distance and make it to that pallet, that's one scenario

    But if you are injured and used Dead Hard, it wouldn't give you enough distance.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2853699#Comment_2853699

    But if you are injured and used Dead Hard, it wouldn't give you enough distance.

    In a very Niche scenario like that, than yes, it would be worse.

  • the perk used to work liek that and u could react to that now you can not, u die even with the "fix" u still die cause you can not "react" to the hit.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2853622#Comment_2853622

    There is a huge cost to Dead Hard being activatable: less distance. There is a lot of risk to dead hard, as killers can bait it out (most of the time) or a 1-shot killer like Myers totally makes it void. Sprint Burst wins in both scenarios.

    Why are we saying free distance instead of earned distance? You earned the perk, it should help you.

    I don't see how Dead Hard is comparable to NOED. NOED makes you stronger for losing the entire game. Survivors don't have strong perks like killer perks.

    Look how Parental Guidance compares to the new activatable Ruin perk with tinkerer built-in.

    NOED makes you stronger for losing the entire game.

    Ah I love this incredible fallacy. You could be on 8 hooks, 90% pallets broken and still have NOED. "Lost all game" with 3 perks.

    The activation conditions for NOED isn't "losing all game" but just the game progressing until all gens are done.

    Did the killer earn NOED with anything? No, not in its current form hence why i for example proposed getting stack when hooking survivor and for each stack you get an instadown hit on your M1 or something like that.


    And at the topic, you still don't get the difference between a SB at the beginning of the chase when the killer has the choice to abandon it instantly and hope to find the same survivor when still exhausted versus wasting over a minute in a chase only to be denied a hit and looped for another 30 seconds by an ON DEMAND perk.

  • The I frames erase mistakes when the killer outplays you.

    The distance erases mistakes/overestimation of your own looping capability, but also allows for greedy looping when DH is used by good survivors who don't overestimate their own looping capability but simply take the extra distance of Dead Hard into account.

    Both are problems.

  • @Nameless said:

    The I frames erase mistakes when the killer outplays you.

    The distance erases mistakes/overestimation of your own looping capability, but also allows for greedy looping when DH is used by good survivors who don't overestimate their own looping capability but simply take the extra distance of Dead Hard into account.

    Both are problems.

    They are. The question is what one is the lesser of two evils?

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2854260#Comment_2854260

    They are. The question is what one is the lesser of two evils?

    Why choose between 2 evils? Why can't both be addressed?

  • @Zozzy said:

    So we all know bhvr is looking at Dead Hard, and they have said they don't like the distance part. I have seen some content creators trying to push the idea that the i frames are the issue with the perk and not the distance. This may be slightly true for ranged killers, but for everyone else the distance is the most aggravating part about the perk.

    I am so tired of making a survivor go to the dead side of a loop or making them hesitate, only for them to just hit the undo key and Dead Hard to the pallet or window without any say from the killer. There is no counter to this and it just feels so bad. I wouldn't be as annoyed if the survivor was able to time the i frames when i swing because that actually takes some effort.

    Don't listen to them! the distance is the problem.

    If you can convince me otherwise, then have a go.

    If you think dead hard distance is trash then you're either trash with the perk or you're a new player. Dead hard is fine as it is, just use it better. I'm a killer main and survivors still manage to get me with it even when I bait it out.

  • @Crowman said:

    Dead Hard needs to provide some distance since just having I-Frames would do nothing. A killer swings through you, but is still on top of you. You're going down unless you are right next to a pallet.

    I think it would be pretty hard to straight nerf Dead Hard, because the issue is that both dodging a swing and squeezing out a bit of extra distance provide the same value. Dead Harding a swing near nothing is just going to get you downed so dodging a swing still needs a pallet or vault like dead harding for distance does.

    Meaning Dead Hard needs to be changed in a way that it gives less distance when not dodging a hit and more distance when dodging a hit.

    Just make it so dead hard to give speed boost when you properly "dodge" hits with I-frame.

  • @Bob9 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/314324/dead-hard-for-distance

    If you think dead hard distance is trash then you're either trash with the perk or you're a new player. Dead hard is fine as it is, just use it better. I'm a killer main and survivors still manage to get me with it even when I bait it out.

    Did you read two words and make the rest of the post up in your head or what?

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2852898#Comment_2852898

    Just make it so dead hard to give speed boost when you properly "dodge" hits with I-frame.

    That just makes no sense. It's easier to either address the distance or the i-frames. Remove the i-frames or cut the distance by half. If even this is too much, then reduce the distance by 20~30% and replace the i-frames by a micro endurance, so at least they have to mend.

  • @hiken said:

    the perk used to work liek that and u could react to that now you can not, u die even with the "fix" u still die cause you can not "react" to the hit.

    i have a headache now.

  • @MrPeanutbutter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2851462#Comment_2851462

    Survivor mains: “the way to deal with DH is just use S-tier killers!”

    Also survivor mains: “we’re sick of facing the same S-tier killers every match!”

    @MrPeanutbutter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2851462#Comment_2851462

    Survivor mains: “the way to deal with DH is just use S-tier killers!”

    Also survivor mains: “we’re sick of facing the same S-tier killers every match!”

    Killer mains: “Blight is too hard to play and Nurse is even harder”

    Also killer mains: “ I keep sWiNiNg at the survivor who runs straight towards me all the time but I keep missing cause of that stupid deadhard perk and then they just vault the window DeRp”

1 2 ›