To anyone who left the game what would bring you back?
Was just thinking about what would actually bring me back to the game and would love to hear any ideas you have. Mine are these
- Actually taking map balance seriously. They had a chance with the realm beyond but didn’t take it. Maps are in general too big and loop chaining makes rng play too big a role.
- Getting rid of the stale meta. Fact is buffing vigil by a bit isn’t going to make me use it over DS or Dead hard. This goes for both sides. These perks are band aids for the game’s issues so ripping them off and getting to the root of the issue is the way to go imo
- If they are dead set on releasing a killer every 3 months making them unique is key. Sadako is nice in this regard but killers like artist drew up 0 hype and had no impact on the game past their initial release. I’d rather have a weak killer who brings something new to the table than a rehash of an older idea.
- More Jeff cosmetics (no more leather jacket and jeans though)
If these actually happened I’d probably come back but with how the game is I see no reason to.
Comments
I would bring back nurse.
the irony of asking in a forum about a game, what would make people who left the game, return to said game.
I'll come back if I just feel like playing the game... which I kinda do, which is why I'm here rn.
More gamechanging mechanincs like the collapse or a different gamemode, the game has been the same thing for the past few years.
You’d be surprised how many people don’t play the game anymore but stay on these forums. I’m just curious about what people want to change to bring them back
Yeah something to actually change up the gameplay would be nice even if it was a limited time mode
I think a Hardcore mode would bring a lot of veterans back. A mode where there is no UI, no heartbeat, no scratchmarks, (maybe even) no perks, etc.
This would appeal to all the players that want that horror game feeling back, which they felt during their first hours. You know? Like Scratched Mirror Myers, which jump scares most people (which is great!).
Unless they add an Until Dawn chapter, nothing for now.
I quit the game for reasons outside of DBD while I enjoyed the game at the time of quitting.
Maybe a Control chapter.
But also, a better response to the NFT situation. They just swept that one under the rug.
Balance maps, nuke meta and i will gladly play DbD long times again.
Couldn’t agree more
Yeah the whole NFT situation kinda just fell under the radar. I’d like to see a bit more clarification on it
Not a bad idea. Since the devs don’t want a second mode we could get some modifier type modes as compensation instead. Sure it’s unbalanced but dbd as a whole is so I don’t see the issue
My one friend really li,es the game so she convinced me to download it again to help her practice huntress.
maybe... entirely possible.
tbf, ringu being added is pretty cool. but if they added fnaf I would 100% come back, and not because of fnaf, just to collect the salt!
A YouTube video about DbD making me remember the game and make feel like playing again.
At least this worked for me every single time I left the game in the 5 years I've been playing it. And I had pauses longer than a year.
Stretched res
I did play a couple trials here and there, but for me to play this game same as I did during the golden days, it would require a LOT of reversions.
Far too many to even list.
If they fixed Circle of Healing or Dead Hard (COH first) then I would come back and play killer again.
We all know one lol but i’d be curious to hear more.
You could play plague during the meantime.
Freddy (obviously), every single map, Ruin, character models, animations, bring back Moonlight, Offerings, Splinters, revert Bubba's and Doctor's rework, revert Billy, and the list goes on and on.
1. RPD rebalancing please. I think most maps are... fine outside of that. Cowshed and midwich are also worth taking a look at.
2. Killer is fine, not perfect, but surv perks are getting really stale. And its not the players fault. You have to go out of your way to play a fun build instead of just ds dh bt ub part 445.
3. I think there are so many killers now that the game is getting a bit bloated. I would enjoy some reworks instead of a new killer, like for freddy.
4. Yes
Sadako more or less did it. After Artist, I was lowkey kind of over it. But then they announced Sadako way ahead of time so I never left. That being said, you know, once the Sadako hype wears off and I have had my fill, pretty sure I go on a long break. It depends on the killer after that, I suppose. My heart cannot take another Artist though.
Doesn´t has to be balanced, when its scary enough. Maybe test it first as a Kill your Friends modifier or something like that.
1) new meta
2) make fixing generators more interesting
3) good skin for Yui
4) and maybe something with the grind so i don't need to play for hours to unlock perks/characters/skins
Any of the following:
None of these are especially likely.
EDIT:
ok bye then lol
DBD has serious design flaws that they are only barely fixing with perks.
I would come back if they completely remade the game from the ground up instead of releasing perks to half-ass fix these problems, but that's not happening.
VHS seems to have fixed these problems, so I'm just waiting for that to come out then I'm done coming back to these forums.
If you changed your profile pic back to breakdown
they should just copy overwatch and make dbd 2. Honestly the game looks outdated and would probably look good if they made it now for the new gen systems. Introduce more modes to play with like a raid boss mode where like 20 survivors vs 1 killer with op buffs.take away all the rng, mori should be basekit, take away the bp cap in game an overall too. Every killer should have a unique music, and get rid of sets of cosmetics you can’t mix with other cosmetics.
A new game development team. The visual design, sound and everyone else can stay but the people balancing the game need to be moved somewhere else because they have no clue what they're doing.
They literally have no idea what to do with game. First they're balancing towards newer players and then they're balancing towards more skilled players.
They have zero clue about what meta they want to set and more often then not, they are just introducing things that sound cool while taking 10 years to introduce a quality of life change that everyone has been asking for and wouldn't take very much time to implement.
For me it’s a lot of things. Like the game is getting stale and frustrating to the point of why even bother anymore.
I’m losing hope in this game, for every step forward it takes two steps back. Ringu is looking to be another disappointment; so the anniversary is the last chance I’m giving this game even if it’s a license I wanted like Fnaf or Dead Space.
TL:DR Cut down on the Monetization, balance improved, more QOL, and get rid of MMR
Better balance, more variety in gameplay, less toxicity. This game and community are so toxic I had to go back to playing league of legends to unwind 😂
Xenomorph killer only if looks fun and may be if im not playing another thing.
Dead Hard not being present in ~100% of matches or Chucky.
Also, I still play the game but my bf doesn't. He installs it very infrequently, we play a few games, and he's reminded why he uninstalled and the cycle continues every few months.
He'd return if there was a good Legion rework, in his words. One that makes them strong and fun to play, playing against takes a bit of a backseat because it's mostly him that he's worried about for the moment.
Make boon totems not be infinite,fix tunneling,camping,genrushing,toxicity,cheating epidemic,practice with bots on all killers,co-op againts bots with 50% bps gain when you wanna chill and not play with real players,customizable menu background from previous chapter releases,dynamic loading screen.
I've played as her and against her.
Survivors don't cleanse which means she's an M1 killer and gets looped for days by survivors with safe pallets and dead hard.
Nuke the meta and scrap MMR. It was disfunctional from the start and has only gotten worse over time.
I don't really know honestly. I just wasn't having fun as a killer, and survivor got boring too. As a killer I don't like how sweaty, humiliating and stressful it is.
I'm just playing other games instead, like FFXIV, Nier Replicant, Mass Effect Remastered, and Persona 4. I might be back, might not.
Honestly, the Ringu chapter announcement has brought me back because the Japanese film franchise is a personal favourite and I look forward to playing it. I'm still not thrilled with the current grind, the MMR system and the meta that encourages sh-tty gameplay but I'm hoping something will be done about it soon since the majority of the community has made their voices heard about how awful it is.
1. Remove MMR
2. Better balance on Boon totems. Either limit the number of uses, make the healing bonus non stackable, or require the killer to be in the area in order to function.
Mostly number 1.
Fix mmr. Game has been an unplayable clusterfuck since.
I still play the occasional game every week or so, but I've definitely lost interest in DBD so I guess I would consider myself viable for this post.
For me, it would be changing a few things:
I'm not even going to comment on the confusing decisions they've made, like making Legion lose a portion of their power when they hit someone, being able to know Spirit's exact location, nerfing twins even more when they're already dead, and so on..
Now i'll return, I play survivor here and there and 1 killer now, always been a killer main since 1.0.0 but playing killer is a pain in the ass and not enjoyable anymore.
I have not quit, but I'd enjoy the game more if we brought back the Fog and got rid of Dead Hard.
Well, I've been away for months, several times. I usually come back when some broken mechanic is fixed (hatch, DS, ...).
I don't think I'll stay long though. Boons are a pain and the MMR sucks (I'm getting mostly extremes kind of plays, neither is fun).
Tomorrow, I may stop playing for a while again as Elden Ring will be out. If the new boon makes it into the game the 8th of March, I may not be back for a long time.
More monster killers, tired of the same ghosts and slashers every chapter.
I don't care if it's a werewolf, xenomorph, killer bug or w/e just something along those lines.
What would bring me back fast is the removal of SBMM/MMR.
I didn't enjoy it before i left as my games were mostly about 7 minutes as killer.
When i play killer i love to use different build, but when the games ends as fast as they start then the fun ends pretty quick.
Before anyone thinks i want to stomp new survivors, no i don't.
My games as survivor were basically the same i tried on purpose to prolong the game a bit.
But playing survivor only becomes really boring for me as it is for me very easy mode unfortunately.
The things I am waiting for before I start playing again, and the only reasons I'm still visiting the forums;
Just these three things; Stop Hackers, Encourage sportsmanlike behavior, better SOL changes, and better - fairer balancing.