To anyone who left the game what would bring you back?

Was just thinking about what would actually bring me back to the game and would love to hear any ideas you have. Mine are these

  1. Actually taking map balance seriously. They had a chance with the realm beyond but didn’t take it. Maps are in general too big and loop chaining makes rng play too big a role.
  2. Getting rid of the stale meta. Fact is buffing vigil by a bit isn’t going to make me use it over DS or Dead hard. This goes for both sides. These perks are band aids for the game’s issues so ripping them off and getting to the root of the issue is the way to go imo
  3. If they are dead set on releasing a killer every 3 months making them unique is key. Sadako is nice in this regard but killers like artist drew up 0 hype and had no impact on the game past their initial release. I’d rather have a weak killer who brings something new to the table than a rehash of an older idea.
  4. More Jeff cosmetics (no more leather jacket and jeans though)

If these actually happened I’d probably come back but with how the game is I see no reason to.

Comments

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2822831#Comment_2822831

    Not a bad idea. Since the devs don’t want a second mode we could get some modifier type modes as compensation instead. Sure it’s unbalanced but dbd as a whole is so I don’t see the issue

    In the last Q&A, they said they were open to other game modes. I think that would definitely keep me around. I'm currently just getting bored with the sweaty, meta gameplay.

    Did the devs change their thoughts on a second game mode? I'm all for a mode that is more survival/horror based with less meta/sweat.

  • I could list any number of things. I think it's less about what they do and more about the direction they head in.

    If I see that the game is starting to cash in on its potential, I'll come back.

  • @Pulsar said:

    I could list any number of things. I think it's less about what they do and more about the direction they head in.

    If I see that the game is starting to cash in on its potential, I'll come back.

    Agreed. Their seem to not understand what direction to take the game in and are trying to appeal to everyone which in turn helps nobody

  • @Kurri said:

    The things I am waiting for before I start playing again, and the only reasons I'm still visiting the forums;

    1. Better anti-cheat - Hackers have become a huge issue in the game, especially subtle hacking. Nothing that needs to be done about it is being done about it. They think they can make minor changes to stop the hacking and then start Mac banning addresses, but what they've needed since it became a problem was dedicate a small team of programmers to code in variables that straight up booted players from games and add them to a list for investigation. For example; A player goes out of bounds above the map, should get booted, suspended, and listed for agents to investigate. Then based on the investigation they would be mac banned or unsuspended. Also adding a recording system into the game to help with support/reports in general. More than half the reasons players get reported can only be acted on if there is video evidence, but nothing in game telling players they need that for the report, and nothing in game recording it - so a lot of reports slide by without action.
    2. Harder punishment and more updates to the game to discourage bad behavior. People shouldn't be told to kill themselves multiple games in a row for playing normally. It has gotten out of hand, and it appears nothing is being done to fix it. Actually instead we were told 'A bit of toxicity is good for the game'. A bit maybe, but when it reach levels of constant bigotry and suicide encouragement then there is a very serious problem with your game. A SOL update and more events / messages to encourage sportsmanlike behavior would be perfect.
    3. Balance changes to make the game more fun for both sides. I want to see SOL changes for solo survivor, and better balancing for Killer. Solo Survivor needs things added to the game to close the gap between Survivor and SWF. Other asymmetrical games have done things like voice chat, or proximity based voice chat, but I found the most successful communication in a Asymmetrical game was emotes and alerts. Add in the ability to make call outs, could be just an audio que that plays from a character - be careful you may alert the Killer or just simply a radial that pops up a message in a corner "I'm being chased" "The killer is near me" "I'm working on a gen", and get more emotes than just point and come. Stop balancing Killers to all be Otz, most people play this game for some free time after school/work. Their job isn't to play the game like Otz does. I don't know how that man puts up with playing the game 6+ hours a day, the man is an absolute legend. The game has a huge imbalance between Survivor and Killer because Killer is being balanced around being the best, while Survivor is balanced being new to the game, and playing on average - Survivor is balanced around "Is this fun?". Killer should be balanced around that too. Nobody has fun chasing the same 3 survivors around 1 loop while they all insta heal themselves after every hit, and then disappear when you go to snuff a totem.

    Just these three things; Stop Hackers, Encourage sportsmanlike behavior, better SOL changes, and better - fairer balancing.

    Yeah I can understand hacking is hard to solve (especially with a 5 year old spaghetti code) but sometimes it feels they aren’t even trying

  • @Xendritch said:

    More monster killers, tired of the same ghosts and slashers every chapter.

    I don't care if it's a werewolf, xenomorph, killer bug or w/e just something along those lines.

    Yeah that’s why I love sadako since she’s quite unique. A werewolf has always been a missed opportunity on BHVR’s part especially with the alchemist teasers

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    I have not quit, but I'd enjoy the game more if we brought back the Fog and got rid of Dead Hard.

    Yeah dead hard needs a complete rework tbh. Fog was essential to the atmosphere so removing it makes no sense to me

  • @cutiekiller said:

    1. Remove DH
    2. Rebalance all the maps with less safe windows/pallets
    3. Remove DS
    4. Remove MMR
    5. Remove CoH
    6. Remove unbreakable
    7. Punish actual camping and slugging and tunneling
    8. Buff nearly every the killers by making them stronger overall and add-on pass, making everything better
    9. Buff all the useless killer and survivor perks

    Now i'll return, I play survivor here and there and 1 killer now, always been a killer main since 1.0.0 but playing killer is a pain in the ass and not enjoyable anymore.

    I probably wouldn’t remove DS but COH and DH have brought nothing but issues so I’d be fine with them going.

    Buffing all killers is risky though as it will exemplify current issues they have such as bubba’s camping potential or pigs potential rng kills

  • @AlbinoViera said:

    I still play the occasional game every week or so, but I've definitely lost interest in DBD so I guess I would consider myself viable for this post.

    For me, it would be changing a few things:

    1. The Meta. Currently, for survivors it's been a pick from Dead Hard, BT, Iron Will, DS, Unbreakable and maybe Sprint Burst. That's been the meta for years now, and that is not what a game should do. For Killers is a little better with the perks actually changing somewhat, but it's always Gen defence. (Yet they never seem to look into why Killers NEED to equip gen defence. Huh-) See, a game's meta needs to shift, there'll always be things that are stronger than others of course, but DBD is the only game I know that's still being updated, to have not changed the meta at all for such a long period of time.
    2. Perk Bloat and the extreme grind. 3-6 perks every 3 months, 3 tiers to every perk. That's technically 9 - 18 perks per month. At level 50 it costs a good 50-100k BP to level up once, which is enough for two perks. That means it'll take a good 450k BP to get the three new perks on ONE character. You get about 28k BP a match. Each match lasts about 11minutes on average. It'll take 16 or so games to get one person leveled up, that's 3 hours without including the queue times or leveling up the new character who's perks you want. This is FOR ONE MAX LEVEL CHARACTER. You're screwed if you want to level up multiple, and especially if you want to level any new ones.
    3. Dev Transparency and PTB. Currently, we're at a point where we're told nothing until it's done, and then when we give any comments on our thoughts when it's added to the PTB, it's ignored. Look at Boil Over, Blight's old POV, Circle Of Healing, etc. The list could go on, all of which was commented on during the PTB, and nothing happened. Then there's stuff like the colour-blind situation, where that one dev whos name I can't remember. (The one that probably has a body pillow with statistics on it) was bombarded with questions until eventually the others told us they had been working on it for a while and showed off images. IF THEY HAD TOLD US BEFORE AND GAVE INFO ON HOW FAR IT HAS COME, PEOPLE WOULDN'T HAVE KEPT ASKING. How hard is it to just give a show and tell on what you're working on and what the plans for the game are? It's happening again with the 2nd change I mentioned, apparently they're working on something to reduce the grind. Are we getting any info about it? No. They're essentially saying "We doing it, trust." And leaving it at that. Then they're surprised when people keep asking about it.

    I'm not even going to comment on the confusing decisions they've made, like making Legion lose a portion of their power when they hit someone, being able to know Spirit's exact location, nerfing twins even more when they're already dead, and so on..

    Yeah the meta in this game is beyond boring and just frustrating to play against for both sides. You feel forced to run perks to compete because if you try to run off meta you just get tunnelled/camped gen rushed. It feels bad

  • I'm still playing, but much, much less than I used to and am contemplating on trying out other games and taking a break from this one. This game just got stale and if I decide to leave, there are a few things the devs could do to bring me back.

    1. Stop bandaging the games problems through the use of perks.
    2. Take more risks with new game mechanics and shake up the meta.
    3. Make each chapter have some kind of pseudo-endgame goal to work towards. The rift does this to an extent, in that, you have a fancy cosmetic you could work towards. They should just rework the rift to start with each new chapter and the new cosmetic that you can work towards should be a universal cosmetic that unlocks on all your characters (barring licensed) characters unless their holders agree.
    4. Stop moving away from stealth play. I know, a lot of people love the chases, but I always loved evading the killer or breaking from a chase and giggling while the killer is searching lockers while I'm hiding in a bush.
    5. Give me a bush cosmetic that automatically adjusts for the map we load on.
    1. permanently disable MMR / give us the option to opt out of it (e.g. by having a casual mode without MMR and a competetive mode with it)
    2. revert the Deathslinger gutting. Im refering to the TR increase to 32m and the forced .4 seconds of ADS time before being able to shoot here. they can revert all the "buffs" he got in compensation (chain break stun time reduced to 3 seconds and slightly increased movementspeed while ADS) for all i care, those are barely noticable and dont help him anyway.

    this wont be enough to make me happy with this game, but i would probaply reinstall it and play a couple of games every now and then.


    honestly, this game has so many and so fundamental issues right now that i mostly gave up on it ever being in a good spot. At this point with the amount of band aid fixes the game received over the years, it'd be easier if they just made a Dead by Daylight 2, fixed the core issues there and then be able to start fresh from a good basis.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Was just thinking about what would actually bring me back to the game and would love to hear any ideas you have. Mine are these

    1. Actually taking map balance seriously. They had a chance with the realm beyond but didn’t take it. Maps are in general too big and loop chaining makes rng play too big a role.
    2. Getting rid of the stale meta. Fact is buffing vigil by a bit isn’t going to make me use it over DS or Dead hard. This goes for both sides. These perks are band aids for the game’s issues so ripping them off and getting to the root of the issue is the way to go imo
    3. If they are dead set on releasing a killer every 3 months making them unique is key. Sadako is nice in this regard but killers like artist drew up 0 hype and had no impact on the game past their initial release. I’d rather have a weak killer who brings something new to the table than a rehash of an older idea.
    4. More Jeff cosmetics (no more leather jacket and jeans though)

    If these actually happened I’d probably come back but with how the game is I see no reason to.

    Them removing the DC penalty honestly it’s pointless now can’t blame killers or survivors from dcing when the game itself due to the players becomes unenjoyable players abuse things like DS BT DeadHard, and can’t expect killers to not DC when being genrushed ya know

    1. Boons need to be changed fundamentally.
    2. Gen speed/map design needs to be made much more neutral, not mostly favoring survivors most of the time
    3. Making a lot more killers viable, tired of the "play these 3 killers or you'll probably lose" situation. Either by buffing killers or weakening survivors.
    4. Make survivor gameplay more interesting, really bored of hold M1 then run in a straight line to x strong structure, then run in a circle. Finding parts for gens for example could be a thing.
    5. EGC starts as soon as the last gen is done, not when the gates open. End game urgency would be neat cap to a match imo.
    6. Perk changes. DH ect. need to be brought down, other perks need to be brought up. Rework Monstrous shrine, there's no reason it has been left that way for so long.
    7. Grind improvements.
    8. Solo survivor QOL
    9. A better MMR system. Old emblems were bad, current SBMM isn't great either, matchmaking needs improvements. If you're going to keep SBMM it needs to be further developed and improved.
    10. Encourage or reward killers for not camping or tunneling. Getting more hooks needs to be more viable as that's when everyone has the most fun.
    11. At least attempt to do something about toxicity, especially on the survivor side. Toxicity needs to be taken more seriously. No not running Dead Hard or NoED, no not tunneling or body blocking. Actual toxicity like flash spamming and hitting people on the hook repeatedly.

    Doesn't need to be all of these, just some would be nice.

  • A health chapter, also a working MMR that rewards skill rather than kills/escapes.

    But nah, in this hockey game we see goals rather than seeing skilled players.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2822812#Comment_2822812

    You’d be surprised how many people don’t play the game anymore but stay on these forums. I’m just curious about what people want to change to bring them back

    Yeah, I keep coming back here and yet haven't played in months... ;(

  • I don't think this kind of thread should be posted here, since most people who leave, usually wont be active on a dedicated forum like this, you would have better chances on reddit where some users tend to forget to unsubscribe from subreddits.

  • @tesla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2822825#Comment_2822825

    Yeah, I keep coming back here and yet haven't played in months... ;(

    Same. Im going on a 2 year hiatus. I occasionally pop on game for "some" new chapters, play for a day and remember why i left. I browse the forum to try to stay up to date and its something to do when im bored at work.

    As for op's topic. To bring me back the game would have to be fun to play. No idea how bhvr can achieve that but for me, thats what it comes down too. If im not enjoying the game i play a different game.

  • Slowing down the contetent schedule and focusing more on balance(Imo 2 chapters a year but 8 perks every 3 months. Also more maps and new mechanics like boons). Basically just pull a siege. That would be the main pull back for me.

    Reducing the grind is another(especially if we are dealing with my glorious world of 32 perks a year).

    Optimisation and then The Realm Beyond The Beyond (the game looks like ######### let's face it Realm beyond fixed some things but a lot of things still look bad.)

    The Devs to acknowledge the competency of new players(seriously kindred basekit is too confusing? 1 line of text and like 4 seconds in the tutorial would fix that. Also applies for stuff like not making unique pallets for each map or unique features.)

    MORE ######### BUTTONS. I DONT WANT A MOBA OR RPG WHERE YOU NEED 2 KEYBOARDS TO FIT ALL YOUR KEYBINDS BUT SERIOUSLY DBD HAS LIKE 10. THE MINISCULOE AMOUNT OF BUTTONS HURTS THE GAME SO MUCH MORE THAN PEOPLE GIVE IT CREDIT FOR.

    Im not gone from the game but I just came back and the only reason was my other 2 games both being on maintanance at the same time and I decided to buy artist with my bubba shards so leveling her and other .

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Was just thinking about what would actually bring me back to the game and would love to hear any ideas you have. Mine are these

    1. Actually taking map balance seriously. They had a chance with the realm beyond but didn’t take it. Maps are in general too big and loop chaining makes rng play too big a role.
    2. Getting rid of the stale meta. Fact is buffing vigil by a bit isn’t going to make me use it over DS or Dead hard. This goes for both sides. These perks are band aids for the game’s issues so ripping them off and getting to the root of the issue is the way to go imo
    3. If they are dead set on releasing a killer every 3 months making them unique is key. Sadako is nice in this regard but killers like artist drew up 0 hype and had no impact on the game past their initial release. I’d rather have a weak killer who brings something new to the table than a rehash of an older idea.
    4. More Jeff cosmetics (no more leather jacket and jeans though)

    If these actually happened I’d probably come back but with how the game is I see no reason to.

    If they make it possible again for the Legion to stab multiple times a player while in frenzy, I come back.

    It is that simple.

    Until then I sometimes look after updates of DBD, but if it not happens it is also ok. I mean, dbd is luckily not the only game in the internet...

    At the moment I have found an enormous amount of fun to play Team Fortress 2 again :)

  • Any of these three things really:

    1) Scrap the current matchmaking system. I can't put in words how much I hate it and it's the entire reason I haven't played since it was released.

    2) Rework Dead Hard and balance accordingly. It gets really old when playing killer and felt like a must have as survivor.

    3) Alternate game modes. Silly stuff like 2v8 or something like URF from League of Legends.

    • Make solo survivor not feel so weak. Maybe I'd play a lot more then.
    • Make perks less impactful to the game overall. Both sides applied.
    • Just stop with the extremely strong antichase/antiloop killers.
    • Fix the bloodpoint grind so I'm spending every waking hour of the day playing the game just to P3 a single character.
1 2 ›