Stop the chat vocal in this game
It's very cheat for me, the survivor can be ave too much information
It's very cheat for me, the survivor can be ave too much information
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
How?
How?
There's no in-game chat for them to stop. The devs can't block people from using Discord and they're not allowed to block Xbox or PlayStation chat.
Just remove SWF. Wanna "play with friends" - go to KYF. Problem solved.
No thanks, when playing killer, solo groups are ridiculously easy and it would be incredibly boring to have that as the only option.
I think they need to put a chat vocal but between the killer and survivor, when the survivor say something the killer can hear what they said, no more cheat. Or block the Chat in game
And DbD will be dead in the next day.
Why is that? I keep hearing this excuse without any elaboration all over. Those who "play with friends" will still be able to play with friends (for real this time, without the quotes) in KYF. The only thing they lose is the ability to bully other players. You mean the game will die because the majority of the playerbase only plays to bully other people?
I play with one friend. You can't have a good KYF with two people.
There's no bullying. Mostly we die a lot.
We'd play with bots if it were an option. Make bots an option.
Get better at the game
While as a main killer I can see the frustration, that would make no sense. A step back in every sense and honestly, while there is a clear problem with the abusive tendencies that can be observed in a number of SWF, not all of them are that way and to be frank, the majority of actually interesting, engaging games I have had has been against SWFs.
There IS a balance issue but I really don't know how could it be addressed. I know some games with similar premises have have a separate queue for solo only players, another for team players and a competitive one with specific rulesets per season, but I have no clue if something like that could be done here.
dbd players when people dare to have friends
Voice chat with friends is cheating. I don't care how it's prettied up.
If they added local voice chat that was always on; SWFs using discord would give themselves away. This would be fair and balanced, since voice cheat with friends is insanely OP. But it won't ever happen; Survivors will riot if voice cheat with friends is ever balanced in any way.
So Survivors invent clever excuses and lies about how 'It would never work' even though it works in literally any other game with co-op. Because they want to keep how OP voice-cheat with friends is.
Eh, there are solo teams with good players out there who can be great challenges, and SWFs who are terrible.
One might be tempted to say that makes things even, but a SWF of good players on comms is bringing a gun to a knife fight in way nothing else can.
I am hopeful that the solo queue buffs even some of this stuff out. Once we get some of those enhancements in place, I would not be opposed to separating 4-player SWFs out from the herd.
Maybe DO have an in game voice chat feature that solos can use, so the gap between solos and SWFs is shortened and then balance around that.
That would hurt anyone who gets into a lobby with teammates who refuse to use voice chat, though. I imagine a lot of people would refuse to use it. I certainly wouldn't touch it.
A chat wheel would be better. And it'd be useful for mixed-language lobbies, unlike voice chat.
Not a bad idea, but I think any comms option should be proximity based as well.
That could work, though they should have local audio. IE: If you ping the Killer, and he's close enough, he can possible hear a Survivor whisper 'The Killer is here!'
Then again; No one would use and keep using discord to cheat, and SoloQ's would get screwed by being almost forced to use it.
Share an idea on how to do it that would actually be effective whatsoever and have a non-zero chance of even being considered by the developers of a modern multiplayer game first.
Come on man.. don't be the strawman guy.
You know the power order in this game is swf over everything else. It isn't because you "dare to have friends", it's because bhvr pretend it doesn't exist and balance around solo players.
Why else would they nerf pinhead?
Yeah, I know about the strength of a good, coordinated SWF. I also know that a lot don't play like that. I also know that the person I was responding to was suggesting the flat out removal of SWF because how dare people want to play with their friends- or have friends in the first place (and yes, that's exaggeration for effect).
Removing SWF as a gamemode would solve nothing. Buffing solos and rebalancing killers simultaniously is the way to go.
Yeah I know. I mean I didn't think it through or anything. But still even if some players wouldn't use it, which I get, then at least it's a choice they can make. I mean I play on pc with a controller and for some reason I keep trying to play the ranged killers. I know I handicap myself, but it's my choice.
Maybe mix your idea with mine so that even if some members of the group are uncomfortable with voice chat they can at least have some rudimentary communication system.
But yeah it's a hard situation and I'm just a player, I don't really know anything about game design
Behold.
As Peanits says in that thread from almost THREE years ago, SWF isn't cheating. Stop trying to spread misinformation.
also fun fact I am also in that thread, a month after I joined the Forums.
I agree. The problem is this dev team moves at a glacial pace so it won't happen for another 6 years. They either need to hire more people or work a solid 9-5,5 days a week.
lol.
Oh, SWF ain't cheating. I know that.
Using discord for voice communications is the textbook definition of cheating. 'Using a third-party program to gain an unfair or unintended advantage over the other players'.
And let's face it; when the devs added SWF; they did not think about discord, or how it would break the entire damn game. At that point, the game worked on 'information blackout'; the Survivors being unable to communicate verbally. Unable to tell each other where the Killer is, or the trapper's traps. They weren't supposed to be able to tell each other where lit totems are. Or if the Killer is camping. There's ENTIRE PERKS to do those things. Meaning they never planned for voice communication.
So discord is an 'unintended advantage', and therefore; cheating.
The fact that the devs KEEP balancing & creating Killers around this 'information blackout' that has not existed in years is also why playing Killer sucks; they're balanced around what the game is SUPPOSED TO BE, while Survivors play the game as it IS; with discord cheating & the 500 information perks they get for free by using it.
My guy, they literally have SWF voice channels in the official DBD Discord.
Creating Killers with the information black-out in mind? Not really.
Artist? Not really. She's fairly strong but boring.
Pinhead? Yeah, you could make the argument that he is crippled by SWF's.
Nemesis? Not really.
Trickster? He's just a bad design anyway.
Twins? Also bad design, but I could see the argument.
Blight? Not really.
Likewise, Peanits literally says in that thread that using voice comms is not cheating. Are you claiming to have more authority than the actual developers of the game?
There were voice programs before Discord existed, Team Speak, Mumble, Skype was baked into every Windows install, they knew full well that "SURVIVE WITH FRIENDS" would encourage people to call each other up and play together.
Steam has voice chat built in, xbox has voice chat built in, playstation has voice chat built in, none of these are "third party" programs because they're all required to run the game. There is not a single way you can twist this into some form of cheating, and being entirely ambiguous with the "third party" program part of the EULA is ridiculous, they aren't going to list off a stack of programs that are "allowed". We all know third party programs refers to hacking software, and they've already covered this particular third party program by reiterating every other month that using comms to play ISNT cheating.
How about we list the Killers meant to surprise Survivors by not knowing where they are?
Trapper
Wraith
Shape
Hag
Freddy
Pig
Spirit
Legion
Ghost Face
Cenobite
Basically; you're supposed to be alerted by their TR, or not at all, in the even of a stealth Killer. ALl that goes out with window when your friend says 'The Killer is heading your way from the Killer Shack' and you can then crouch-walk away without leaving scratch marks before you ever hear the TR.
Voice communication literally removes Killer pressure by allowing Survivors to bail before they hear the TR, and thus don't leave scratch marks, which means less chases, and less hits, hooks, & downs. It means less gen pressure, as the Killer kicks & leaves, because he did not know a Survivor was around. Whereas, again; a Survivor with 0 info would have to sprint & leave scratch marks when they heard the TR, if there was a TR AT ALL.
And no; I don't have more authority than the devs. But I'm aware they probably gave up on the voice comms thing because there's no way to stop it.
The problem is; They don't admit it's a problem that breaks the game wide open, and continue to pretend it does not exist, which is exactly why SWFs roflestomp all but the best Killers. Because the devs refuse to admit voice comms are the most broken thing in the game.
So, until the devs admit it breaks the damn game, and balance around SWFs on voice comms; I'm going to keep calling it what it is; cheating to get an unfair advantage.
Read this post as well as the previous one I put; it's blatantly obvious they had no idea what voice comms would do to the game, and continue to pretend it's not the single largest balancing issue DBD has.
Because, and let's face it; when have the devs EVER admitted to a mistake they have made in a timely manner? Looking at you Hook Struggling! They got asked 'When will this change? It PHYSICALLY HURTS ME.' and answered with (and I'm paraphrasing) 'We like the idea, and we created it, so we won't be changing it' a few years back. And it took until recently to change it. Not to mention the radio silence on stretched res cheating, and seizure-flashlight macros that are a literal HEALTH ISSUE.
So no, I don't think they knew 'full well' what voice comms will do, and even knowing NOW, won't do jack squat to change it, because they rarely admit mistakes.
I totally agree with you