Behaviour, do you intend to bring back the fun part of playing with killers again?
Simple and straightforward question.
After the arrival of SBMM, no match is more fun. The gens fly, all the survivors use meta perks and think they're in the DBD world cup. We are no longer able to use fun builds because it is extremely frustrating and they heal in a matter of seconds thanks to the boom.
I'm rank 1 Survivor and Bronze Killer and I can't enjoy absolutely any Killer match because every match is the same, only tryhard survivors destroying generators and abusing every loop they can.
I've been playing since 2018 and until the day before SBMM the matches were fun, lasted a long time and there were good and average survivors in the matches.
In this current meta, I can only deal well in games playing as a Nurse, but I need to tryhard alot.
Comments
I just go for hooks and let survivors 4 man out when it becomes boring ( 4 man swf full blown meta squad with synergised perks and map offerings to force horrible maps on the killer )
You can't be a rank 1 survivor as such a thing does not exist.
This is exactly what i did. I had not fun as killer or solo survivor for long time. So i gave break and i am playing something else. There is so much fun games. Cote was right, he is best guy in BHVR.
So if I'm understanding this thread...OP claims to be a R1 survivor, who generally always tryhard and abuse every broken loop.
...Now your on the opposite end playing against the way you would normally play and now your complaining about it. Wow, ok. Gotcha.
you can still use fun builds, it just won’t work against good survivors and vice versa
Stop try Harding that's the problem. Unless you have to 4K then I don't understand why you're complaining then you're getting what you want competitive players.
Focus more on just 8 hooks and goofing around. Experiment try new things out stop taking the game so seriously and the fun will come back.
I am not a fan of SBMM, but come on:
"After the arrival of SBMM, no match is more fun. The gens fly, all the survivors use meta perks and think they're in the DBD world cup. We are no longer able to use fun builds because it is extremely frustrating and they heal in a matter of seconds thanks to the boom."
The Survivors use Meta-Perks? Like they did before SBMM?
And if you are using Fun Builds (I guess you mean Meme-Builds), dont expect to win. Either you want to win, then use competitive Builds. Or, you want to have fun, but then it should not matter to you if you want to win or not.
I think OP means Iri 1.
I agree that fun is really what you make it out to be. And yes, going against the same build every single match can be boring. But that's more a problem with the meta and the strength of those perks. Which they're currently looking at some of the main problem children of those builds. Once those are brought in line to be more balanced, you'll probably start seeing more diverse builds.
Two point solution:
tl;dr - Make killers fun by making their powers easier to use, not harder. And make chases shorter, not longer.
What killer powers do you not find fun to use?
Also, I heavily disagree with that second point. Part of being a good killer is knowing/having the game sense to know when to drop a chase. If you are chasing for like, x amount of time, it's really a good idea to pressure the other survivors, and look for a weaker link, even if that means the survivor you were chasing heals up. I especially disagree with pumping up bloodlust numbers. BL is already a bandaid mechanic for map design and I really don't think we need to keep applying bandaid fixes for other issues. Keep in mind BL was nerfed already, the numbers used to be much higher (I wanna saw BL3 was double what it is now?).
That being said, I want smaller maps. I think a lot of issues killer has are because maps are so damn big, especially for 110 killers. I'd like more maps to be the same size as, say, coal tower and similar.
Why bother playing the game then if you are not trying to actually win the game?
OP was saying it's not fun to play anymore because of SBMM.
Obviously he's playing to win he's getting matched with other players that are playing to win it's not fun for him anymore since everyone is going for the DBD world cup.
All I was saying is stop try Harding for the win and play for fun I'm not saying don't go for kills or don't take the win don't sweat for it. In return you get chilled not sweaty try hard matches.
Sometimes, when the game is promising to be to sweaty, I'll just don't bother the survivors and let them do their M1-generator-repair simulator for 4min. Interestingly enough (not really), a lot will be bored enough to keep looking for you. So maybe holding M1 for 4min wasn't what survivors as a whole wanted? Who could have guessed.
I've been fairly tolerant and patient with BHVR during 2021 but at the sight of this patch I really have to admit that they just don't give a damn about killer players. Hopefully it bites them back in the ass at some point.
As for your other point: Yes, map design is the real problem here. But they JUST went through a ton of maps and, if anything, made things WORSE. They're not going to fix maps, so the easy fix is bloodlust.
The game depends on a back-and-forth. I don't care if you're the best player in the game, there is zero reason why a survivor should be able to evade getting hit, downed, hooked by a killer who sticks to them.
The thing is what does this game do to reward playing for fun?
1. There’s no casual lobby so playing for fun doesn't matter if one side sweats
2. Playing for fun almost always= less BP
3.playing for fun = no grade increase or at least a slower pace increase
4.play for fun =lower mmr which could be done by corner staring
So again what is the point if you are not trying?
That Mathieu sounds like a broken man 😜😂
https://youtu.be/R98e-Y4Lu8w
Devs response "no the game is balanced with a 2k average so if it's not fun play something else"
Actual answer "never going to happen since survivor mains give the company more money than killers"
1) I play fun all the time yes I do get matches were their all sweats but, I still play for fun if they rush the match then it's whatever.
2) No you're wrong on that one.
3) You're wrong but, you're right
4) Playing for fun doesn't mean letting everyone go that's your choice after you hook everyone twice.
To have fun it is a video game after all.
Wait a dev seriously told it's player base to just play a different game? 🤣
During one QnA stream (or some kind of stream it may not have specifically been a QnA), they got a question from a player who was, frankly, complaining and whining a lot about feeling burnt out and not respected as killer. The response was to say "if you're burnt out, try playing survivor for a bit- or play something else for a while, I hear Civ is pretty good".
People meme on it because they don't like accepting that it's just the correct answer, though to be fair it was not a great idea to answer that question honestly from a business perspective lol
legend
But why do all survivor players use the same meta perks? Maybe because they dont have a choice. And genrushing is the only way to win these days with the fun and fair chases being gone. Stop acting like the game is only bad for killers when it is for both sides.
Tried to come back after weeks of not really playing to enjoy the lunar event. Loaded spirit because I have about 50 red envelopes from last year and because I like playing her.
I cannot dry off from the rain of survivor sweat I have been put under. Flashlights, toolboxes, greeding every pallet to oblivion, protection hits, boons, high levels of coordination.
Really miserable experience that just makes me want to get my cosmetics and dip out.
Lol okay. That's not too bad, he understood how the writer felt, and was just being honest and sincere. That's actually a really commendable action.
People memed on it because it's absurdly cocky and unprofessional and he also completely refused to answer the question the person gave him. Cote should stay away from Q&A's.
Not sure how. The question the person gave him was about feeling burnt out, stressed, and unrespected as a killer- just because it ended with externalising that to effectively ask "what are YOU going to do about how I feel right now", doesn't change what the actual answer to the bulk of the question is- that if you're burnt out and stressed, take a break and do something else.
What else do you want him to have said? "You're right, killer is unplayable, we're going to buff them to the moon"? That would've both encouraged this whiny ass victim mentality, and been a completely wrong response.
He asked "What are you going to do to make the role less stressful." How is telling someone to play something else an answer to that? It's a dodge. He never answered what they were going to do. He just said "play something else."
I would have liked him to address how he was going to make killer better. Or just not pick that question at all if he had no good answer besides being cocky.
Yes, but the "what are you going to do to make the role less stressful" came after all the question asker's reasons for asking, and those reasons were that they were feeling burned out and not respected. The answer to that is that the question asker should take a break.
Answering the actual last part would be validating all the whining. Now, not picking this question, that I'd be more on board with as a fair criticism, but it was picked, and the answer it received was correct. Period.
Heres that link again cause its necessary.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvRMd7aQ5v4Please watch that again and tell me you just haven't seen that in yearsand your own memory failed you here..... cause your post got me to watch that video again for the first time in years---and again from pure shock---in case my own memory was insanely clouded by time.
Now I'm just mad having watched that insufferable nonsense on the possibility there was a smidge of validity to your POV when I should have heeded the absurdly contrarian and unreasonably colored interpretation on instinct. 😵
Dude..... That wasn't just one of DBD"s most embarrassing moments. At the time, it spread across the gaming sphere like any jaw dropper, sharable, ridiculous Johnathan Blow / Phil Fish level controversy things that people talk about & revile.
It's not just game meme BS being parroted out of context for years. That's one of the worst and most tone deaf public responses from any company representative I've ever heard. It's a mindbogglingly bad and arrogant response even as linear/engineer/development thinking, let alone when you involve marketing or PR considerations.
All the "whining" you're talking about wasnt even some diatribe. Theyre setting the stage with context and explanation to relate what they feel and WHY to elaborate a problem the developers clearly don't have the capacity to recognize on their own. These matters shouldn't even break Cote's skin, let alone make him hostile to point out obvious opinions are obviously opinion.
It doesn't help that 'whiner" (as true of most customer interactions in those circumstances) embodies widely felt customer sentiments (some now actually), so his glib refusal of "validation" is still spitting on everyone else invested in how they're going improve killer gameplay, if they even realize they need to....
There's simply nothing about his response reasonable or valid from any POV he'd been answering from, especially the one as someone actually paid/expected by a live service game be in-sync & recognize player sentiments & experiences & their complaints most of all...
I'm just saying if you're still not seeing it maybe avoid microphones too, for your own benefit....
Killer is meant for people who want to use dirtiest possible strategy to make the life of survivors miserable as possible, not for usual people.
Play survivor or get really good with Nurse.
They have suggested a long time ago to play survivor (which isn't really fun unless you are into QTEs interrupted by a chase your perks can save you from) or to play something else (e.g. Prop Night & VHS)
Then wonders why there aren't enough killers to properly populate each queue.
Lmao is certainly making harder to try and get my survivor archives done. At least I'm a killer main but I recognize it's a massive problem.
At this point the devs shouldn't have QnAs because almost all now seem to be unfit for them
1. Getting sweated and bmed is not fun unless you have a fetish for that and now most survivors use the sweaty ######### now
2.explain how is it not.
3. Again explain since some.grades go towards kills and gens left
4. Yes it does cause "for fun" like you said is getting 8 hooks which still can equate to a 4 escape and since camping is a sweaty tactics or toxic for the entitled how does this change what I said?
I also love it, how in the video he is Mathieu Ceto.
Ceto or Cote? Or just bhvr way of well its something
It doesn't matter what I say because you're just going to keep calling me a liar and argue.
1) I do get sweaty matches I already said that I just move on to the next one.
2) I play fair and fun besides the matches were they slam gens out I can get 25,000 and then some plus BBQ on top of that.
3) I said your right and wrong because yes once again I do get sweaty matches but, the matches I don't I do pip sometimes double pip.
4) Yes getting 8 hooks and then going for kills. If they all escape or I kill 2, 1 or all 4 of them My matches are balanced. I don't get sweaty try hard teams that are playing for the DBD world cup like OP said.
Why is it so wrong how I play? The way I play is fun for me I'm sorry that I break the first rule in the killer hand book of showing no mercy😂
I'm not saying I is wrong to play for fun however I am saying it isn't as beneficial as actually trying I would have loved for it to be for fun too however right now thanks to how the game is it's either "try to win or your #########"
The fact that people have made vids and pages on other websites on trying to have fun as killer also shows that right now playing killer sucks.
"Survivor main who never so much as touched killer gameplay and projects his darkest emotions and contempt on the other side, instead of trying to find a mutually agreeable way" spotted.
Good ######### luck mate, some of those are god awful.
I don't understand this thought that every survivor be running meta perks and when they switch to killer think they can run w/e they want like killers don't have a meta too.
You can kinda get away with that if you're good but when you're just learning killer it's asking for a bad time to not run gen stall or regression.
I'm still trying to win after everyone is on death hook I just don't make it my main priority at the start of the match. It feels like killer sucks for a lot of players because their focused on winning it's their main priority whatever they have to do for the 3-4K. Camp, tunnel, slug and NOed they move up in SBMM get teams that know what to do and every match is for the DBD world cup.
That's the choice you and others have to make play for the win at any cost and play against others that want to win running the same builds over and over again.
or
Play for fun and fair and get more enjoyable matches use whatever build you want yes there will still be sweats from time to time but, there one in a dozen.
Killer wise I hated the grab ones, I dont think I've completed one that had to do with grabbing 2 survivors while using discordance or something. On the survivor side Ace's journey gave me a lot of issues and I think there was one where you had to be on the gen when it popped while in the killers radius twice in the same match, never finished that one either.
A lot of the survivor challenges become a lot easier if you have some friends to do them with but my friends all stopped playing because they got sick of the grind.
Same feelings, but they can stay blind about the game state, when the day comes when no more players will play killer side, it's not us who will be mad...
Maybe that day, they will understand that we need killers to play the game.
Save yourself some time and just skip ahead to "play something else"
buddy read before you reply. OP is a survivor player lmao