BHVR has to decide
Either Dead Hard is for I-frames, or it is for distance. Just like when they changed Balanced Landing to only reduce drop stagger when you aren't exhausted.
If it is for distance then remove the I-frames and give survivors a longer shoulder tackle.
If it is for I-frames the distance gained has to be halved so good use is actually rewarded by using the I-frames successfully as an expression of survivor skill.
Having all of this utility in one perk is unnecessary, and defeats the purpose of having 4 perk slots. This one perk literally should be two different perks.
Comments
BL applied stagger reduction while not Exhausted. It had a non-Exhaustion based benefit tied to it.
Should the prevalence of DH be looked at? Maybe.
Balanced landing used to reduce falling stagger all the time, starting in patch 2.0 and ending in patch 3.4
Its removed long time ago. Stagger reduction only work when you're not Exhauted. Plus in all of Ex-perk. BL is the hardest to use so I think it was fair. It was just Haddon field makes this perk too OP and they nerfed it.
Blargh, brain-fart, yeah that's what I meant.
How would you buff BL while keeping all effects tied to a single trigger instance on a 40s CD while keeping it line with the theme of a Cat Burglar?
Yes it was removed a long time ago, so why wasn't Dead Hard ever changed in accordance with this precedent?
I wouldn't mind if BL was changed into 2 perks as well. Have one be the exhaustion perk, and the other be the fall reduction either all the time or on its own cooldown. Similar to quick and quiet.
I've noticed that with BL it's possible to get cucked by the Killer's Lunge while they're falling, perhaps it could become a Dead Hard esque roll (lel, Dark souls roll) that offers IFrames before running into a Sprint?
Then as you say take the suppressed fall noise and hinder reduction and put it into its own Perk?
I would disagree with giving BL I-frames, the counterplay to BL really IS just to hit the survivor before they land. Its up to the survivor to judge the distance if its safe or not to make the drop.
I'd agree with you if BL had more areas for opportunity.
But that's beside the point. It can be changed in another way then.
They don't have to decide anything. the perk is fine
if they do that the perk is pointless.
I frames with reduced distance means you just get downed a second later.
Distance without iframes? There are other perks that do that better
The I-frames with reduced distance wouldn't be pointless because you could use the I-frames to dodge a hit and still get to a pallet. A survivor will just have to be more precise with their distance calculation.
Thats the point, the perk shouldn't be the best choice every time.
It should not, its you take away stagger-reduction and make it another perk, what is a BL if you take away stagger-reduction?
If you keep stagger-reduction in BL, then why people should use a perk that only applies stagger-reduction while BL also trigger speed boost?
Dead Hard already gives a much lesser distance compared to say Lithe or Sprint Burst. So it really already has a huge cost to having the few invulnerability frames that it has. It's a bit more of a skillful perk. The only frustrating thing is watching the survivor scream and then watching them run away. You didn't hit them but felt like it did. They are fixing that in the next patch.
It does nothing against 1-shot killers, leaving survivor with only 3 perks. That's a big downside already. Less distance. Not viable against 1 shot killers.
They make decisions?
I'm not sure why you brought up hit validation, nobody is talking about that. Especially not me.
You say that dead hard gives less distance, this is true. However because of its skillful use, moreso than other exhaustion perks, one dead hard can enormously extend a chase in the right hands much more than a lithe or sprint burst can. Reducing the distance increases the skill floor necessary to use Dead hard 'correctly'.
Also, thank god dead hard is useless against 2 whole killers, that seems to be a feature of survivor perks. Similarly to how Iron Will can only be countered by Plague and Nemesis these days.
Actually they don't have to decide that at all, plenty of perks have multiple applications inside a single perk.
The only reason they will nerf DH is because it ends up making killers quit the game and thus makes survivor ques 20-30min, until that happens they won't do anything to nerf survivors.
I love this idea, but BHVR would never do that. Too many people would wine. xD
It does nothing against 1 shot killers before the first hook state.
Your baits are so much better when you don't outright lie.
Yesssss, give it i-frames as long as the dash was so killers will then complain that they're swinging through survivors and can't tell dead hard is activated, or give it a dash and the we keep the same complaints "Dead harding for distance is op!"
It needs to be buffed so survivors can do a shoryuken after the DH to punish the killer's whiff
DH is the most game changing perk in this game imo
I honestly love the idea of removing I-Frames.
Dont buff it, its fine as is.
Same with bbq. Bps or aura reading, but not both. Noed also. Faster move or 1 hit
I do not think that they need to do this. The problem with Dead Hard is not its effect but rather that we are pretty bored and that it has no fitting drawback.
I-Frame / No collision allows for some pretty interesting moments and the small dash is needed to make those happen. Taking it away would just leave the perk in a miserable state.
If you want to change something ask yourself if the Exhaustion value of Dead Hard and Smash Hit as an example should be the same. A good solution without robbing Dead Hard of its character would be to give it a higher Exhaustion value while reducing the Exhaustion value of Smash Hit and other less used perks.
I want the old Balanced Landing. It sounds so nice to not have as much stagger
It does nothing against one shot killers.
For a single chase.
After getting unhooked you are able to use dead hard no problem
The trick is to let them use their boon to heal and instantly down them again. Big Brain Bubba Boasts.
It is true that CoH effectiveness has had a serious impact on how smart the survivors play.
Had so many times that i hook a survivor, snuff their boon that's right next to them, hear the unhook and find them trying to rebless the boon that's 5 feet from the hook.
Like c'mone people
yes. At that point we complain for nerfs. Especially for blight, tinkerer, ruin, undying, pop, blight.
right sluzzy?
Okay easy, aura reading for BBQ because bonus BP should be a baseline mechanic anyway same for WGLF. Exposure for NOED, I don't know a single killer that runs NOED for its extra speed unless its a youtuber making a meme build.