What's the reason for the long survivor queue?
I never experienced such a long queue before. I had waited 15 minutes in queue as a survivor but the queue is 2 minutes whenever I play killer.
I never experienced such a long queue before. I had waited 15 minutes in queue as a survivor but the queue is 2 minutes whenever I play killer.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Circle of Healing and Dead Hard is why
Survivor queues were just as long before CoH and DH validations.
Blame survivors and the bs perks they've been getting such as dead hard change, boons, toxic players and gens just flying.
Why even play killer when survivors are toxic, bm, and all the stress killers have to put up with. Try playing killer yourself and you'll know why.
I guess I'm playing a different game to everyone else, I play killer against all those things and still have fun.
Killers are leaving.
SWF, solo players are left with filling the remaining spots
Less Killer players and more Survivor players
That hasn't been my experience. Survivor queues for me have gotten longer.
Survivor queues always tend to exceed killer queues at night (US time), when people can coordinate with their SWFs and everyone's online. When they exceed killer queues during the day as well, or the nighttime queues take upwards of 15 minutes, it signifies an unusually low number of killers - which comes from any number of factors, but poor QoL and bad game balance are chief among them.
Use your head. Common sense. Too many survivor players not enough killer players.
I wonder why...
Cause theres like only 5 killers playing at any given time of the day.
Bad matching leading to frustrated killers leaving the game.
Cheaters, Circle of Healing, Dead Hard validation, etc etc.
Game is not fun.
My surv Q in the morning is literally instant, and at high noon my Q is 30 seconds.
I think when the sun sets, it becomes too spooky to play killer.
Because even if most people are SWF, that should make it easy to find a game because killer draws impatient people who dont wanna deal with the long survivor Q so even survivor should theoretically be fast...
A combination of things likely.
I know that my survivor queues are around 2-3 minutes at peak (at least) and I've had them exceed 10 minutes before offpeak. They took a dip during the Christmas event, but are back up now.
I could go on a massive rant as to why Killer isn't fun in general, but for me at the minute as a killer main, the biggest hinderance to my enjoyment of the role, is Circle of Healing.
Oh my god, this survivor perk... it's beyond frustrating. It's the strongest survivor perk in the game right now, and it has zero counter play. As a killer, you can't chase, hook, chase, hook every individual survivor repeatedly for 12 hooks, there simply isn't enough time in the game to do this. So, it's a good strategy to simply injure survivors and leave them for an easier down later on instead of committing to a chase which often means less gen pressure. However, because of COH, you're forced into committing to every single chase you engage with, because if you injure a survivor and leave them, they'll simply go heal very quickly and negate all the progress you made whilst actually putting you at a time deficit. On top of this, no matter what the killer does in response to COH, they lose. Snuff it out? 4 survivors are doing generators and that's enough to lose the game, and guess what, they can just go bring COH back over and over and over. Leave COH up? Well enjoy playing against a healthy team for the entire game and having zero ability to snowball the game into a win, which is a necessity outside of tunnelling/camping if you want to win as killer.
What COH basically does is place the killer into a position where they must tunnel or camp every single hook and survivor unless the four survivors are beyond braindead. I'd rather face Old Decisive Strike, with the minute of invincibility, than face this perk, and if hear it go up, I immediately switch to tunnel/camp mode.
Similar to others who’ve already commented, I see short survivor queues earlier in the day and super long survivor queues at night. I’m in eastern US time zone. There are a lot more survivor players at night, many of them SWF. It’s very obvious that a lot of people who play killer just got too frustrated playing against SWF at night. The game feels fairly balanced to me with solo or two-man SWF, but against a full squad of good survivors on comms the killer stands very little chance. It’s frustrating waiting 5-10 minutes for a game in the evening as survivor, but would rather do that than play killer and get bullied by high MMR SWF squads.
Some people would like to jump on this claiming it is killer's leaving the game in droves. That's not the case. When it's a non-workday or prime time evening the survivor queues go up, because guess what...people like to play with their friends and only swf offers that in this game. Many people don't solely play just survivor or just killer...only those who like playing half a game do that, but when their friends are available...survivor rules. The irony is that likely many killers during the day become what they dislike at night...swf.
Yea this isn't accurate at all
At night time is when people are off work and when their is more and more swfs online yet despite this survivor times for me go up significantly
I and many others have reported wait times of 10-15 minutes regardless of what time I play at
You would also be shocked the amount of players that are just fine playing only one side idk where your getting your info my guy but none of it is facts
Killer is hard. And you feel humiliated when even just 1 survivor escapes, pity hatch or not
This is because no one wants to play a weak killer and wants to share the victory with a friend easily. Or sometimes the fact that you played with a friend is more important than winning or losing.
You can thank bhvr and mmr for that!
People don't want to play killer+MMR and how it allocates people. I'd also note it's currently prime time for survivor right now (queues have always been bad between like 5 pm my time until 4 am.) People will argue it has nothing to do with killers possibly quitting, and while that certainly may not be the sole reason, I think it's foolish to assume it isn't part of the reason the queues are longer. I for one absolutely not longer play killer after maining killer for a very long time.
Now I haven't touched killer in almost a month, and it was pretty much MMR that made me stop, along with just constant changes that always felt designed to be middle fingers to killers and a safety net for survivors. We've had 3 meta survivor perks buffed in some form in the past year. Meanwhile we have killer perks like TOTH getting nerfs (which the devs in their diary pretended was a buff lol)
I don't think I'm the only one who quit killer due to a myriad of reasons, but the key reason being: It's not fun to play killer and the devs have all but said they don't care how fun it is for the killer. Hell, the lead dev famously basically stated he doesn't care and you should quit if you dislike it. Seems people took the advice.
Thats cap. Survivor queues during the day, and during the night a few months ago were usually about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Now though, if you wait till after prime time and have high MMR you're gonna be sitting there for at least 5 to 15 minutes.
because you’re a killer main.
what?
Hey, maybe survivors should stop telling killers to uninstall or kill themselves. Maybe some are. Think about that while you wait.
No, they really weren't... I wish.