Why is ds still on a timer?
I'm curious about this as it seems pointless now. With so many things that deactivates it it seems like the timer is not needed. Would it really be overpowered if the timer was removed?
What are your thoughts? ( ps I'm just making a discussion not suggesting a change)
Comments
It would just be more oppressive at end game because the killer can’t wait it out and there’s nothing they can do about it.
Removing the timer would encourage certain players to never do anything useful in order to proc DS (think of the people that chase after the killer after a hook and crank it up to eleven - they now do have immunity, but burden their team while they do it), and even more strongly encourage killers to bleed out for the full four minutes instead of risking picking up the last or second last survivor once things start to rotate.
Doesn't seem like a healthy change.
Im up for DS stun to 7sec, but it disable the moment 5 Gen done.
I dont tunnel and current DS punishes me more than tunnelers.
Phew. Forca hot minute I miss read that as DH and thought what new madness is this?
Yeah, it would definitely be op still, you can still be healed and do anything chase-related so if you have DS without a timer you can just constantly harass the killer till they waste their time to down and pick you up only to eat the ds. DS is perfectly fine the way it is currently.
Deactivating the timer brings its own challenges, but I think its a step in the right direction.
Personally, I'd like to see some more radical changes being made to address camping & tunneling, but that discussion may be best saved for another time & place.
It would make too many ways for survivors to bully and harass the Killers and fellow survivors. The timer is fone the way it is.
I wouldn't say its 'fine.'
As it stands, there are still ways for killers to bully survivors--even if they have DS.
Suggests there is still a huge problem.
That doesn't sound like the worst idea, tbh.
When proposing changes, don't think of how it'll work if the perk is used as intended, think of how it's not going to be used as intended.
For instance, what it means if you give someone an infinite get-out-of-pickup-free card as long as they don't do objectives.
DS shouldn't have the skill check portion applied any longer; all it serves is a form of gatekeeping the best anti-tunnel perk from newer players who struggle with skill checks.
DS didn't have a time before. It was introduced as a way to inhibit the aggressive use of the perk but was not enough. IMO, DS is in a good place RN.
Because imagine if a killer chases you and hits your bt then he goes to chase someone else. You mend then run back into them and now they can't pick you up cause its a guaranteed ds.
Eh I think the timer and deactivation is fine as it is. I think DS is an overrated garbage perk anyway barely works in high mmr. Maybe like 1-2 out of 10 games you wished you had DS.
But think for a second about the amount of times you would have gotten tunneled and re-hooked immediately had the perk never existed in the first place. It's extremely powerful because it conditions how the other side has to play simply by virtue of being in the game. For that reason alone it always has been one of the best perks in the game. Same deal with Unbreakable. Killers are extremely hesitant to play a certain way because it requires you to absorb a lot of risk in that they may have one of these perks. Before Unbreakable THE winning strategy was to just leave everyone slugged because there was nothing they could do about it. If DS never existed tunneling would just result in a free kill at 4 gens and an easy 4k nearly every game.
This. There's already players who wont do gens, heal you etc during those seconds. I cant imagine how many wouldnt do anything at all for the rest of the match.
Because part of the counterplay to ds is knowing that it wears off. It allows me to decide whether I want to slug for a bit to wait out the timer or eat it.
If the timer got removed you'll see a lot more killers letting survivors bleed out on the ground. And then we'll see complaints about that.
DS is in the most balanced state it ever has been and I don't see a need to change it for any reason.
I'd be okay with DS' timer not going down while in chase, similar to how Lucky break's timer does not go down while you are healed. That way a killer could still wait it out after downing them, but if a survivor is getting tunneled then they won't lose it right after playing well.
But it exists and there's no use talking about What ifs then we all just adjust to what's happening. I think DS is garbage in high MMR no amount of justification would change my mind.
If you're gonna be that way, I'll stoop a little lower then.
If you genuinely think DS is a garbage perk there is no chance in fresh hell that you are high MMR
It would be right back where it was before the cooldown was even added. Ds doesnt need any more changes
Yeah, always eat ds before gates open if you can, let em go, sure, but get that ds out of the way.
IMO.
DS is a garbage perk again. Killers respect it. Out of 10 games there's only a 1-2 games where you should have DS. It's a inconsistent AF perk at high MMR.
Why is ruin a hex totem? I mean just repair the gen to counter it.
I cannot for the life of me figure out why the devs are hell bent on destroying this game for solo survivors. The devs gutted the perk and since I'm a solo survivor, I quit playing the game. I just came back two days ago after about four months to see if the game was tolerable now and it's not.
DS should be deactivated if a killer downs or hooks another survivor in that time period. That is the definition of NOT tunneling. Now if the survivor plays the game, they lose their perk. It's absolute garbage.
DS is balanced. It's a lot better than its' previous iterations. Before the current DS we know now, its' previous iteration had absolutely no caveats. This means that as soon as you got removed from hook, for 60 you had DS, regardless of what you do or did. This allowed many Survivors to "bully" Killers. Removing the timer will revive if not worsen the issues it previously had.
No way.
Imagine someone bodyblocking you non-stop because they know, for a fact, you can't pick them up, ever.
Imagine someone having DS after the exit gates open; Welp! You can no longer pick them up, or stop them from crawling out the exit gates, or to the open Hatch. Because they have Infinite DS!
This would be broken in such a massive, MASSIVE way.
What would be the point of this change? The only thing this could possible alter is bully squads/swfs working together to have a ds in reserve.
"crouch by the gen while I repair so the killer thinks you repaired it and lost ds and then when he downs you BAM ds!!"
The only possible argument I can see otherwise is a survivor sitting crouched for over 60 seconds and not healing/totem interaction/gen interaction which why would you want to encourage that survivor to remain doing nothing to keep DS safe?
I'm not going to waste my time arguing this with you. It's BHVR's game. Their job to fix and improve it--not mine.
OP's question was answered. I agree with the changes they'd like to see implemented. Came here to show my support. Did that, now I'm moving on. Something needs to change, and I'll leave it to BHVR to figure out what. If they can't, so be it; I'll play a different game. I couldn't care less at this point.
Then simply add the secondary factor that DS doesnt work once the EGC has started, giving killers a reason to open up the gate early other than Bloodwarden.
Lucky Break's timer DOES go down while you're healed
Because the effect is really, really strong and is meant to keep you from being hooked again immediately?
That doesn't sound right, I'm pretty sure it should only go down while you are injured.
I would be absolutely fine for Decisive Strike to become a permanent effect if:
A) Blessing a totem deactivates it
B) Hooking another survivor, deactivates all active DS.
That way, it's a true anti-tunnel perk. Sure, survivors might do literally nothing to proc the stun, but if they're doing that, you're basically fighting a 3v1 for a while.