So when are the artist and blight nerfs coming?

Im hoping they do something about them in the mid-chapter patch.

Comments

  • I have no problem about any of those killers, imo they're fine as they are.

  • Blight can seem op with certain exploits and his alchemist ring addon. And certain perk combos can be very strong.

    But he himself is completely fine, one of the few killers that can compete against the highest mmr survivors. If anything, I wish the devs would finally fix his buggy collision, but I have pretty much given up hope for that at this point.

    The Artist is strong, but definitely not op. She can't be looped on many of the game's loops, but she definitely does have counterplay.

  • Since survivors are stronger than both they should not get nerfed.

  • @Rogue11 said:

    Blight hopefully. He's been broken for over a year now. I don't think we can say how strong Artist is yet. It's only been a few weeks.

    Really? Base blight (not including addons) is by far the most balanced killer in this game since the billy rework.

  • @PriestessPoppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2709154#Comment_2709154

    Very committed and long time Bligh main here, and I have to say, as much as I love doing it, Blight flicking is not fair for a couple reasonable. First of all, it makes most of the tiles unplayable for survivors, especially when running Blighted Crow.

    Secondly, it put PC players "richer" (I don't mean rich people, just players who can afford to spend a lottle bit more than others) people at an advantage, let me explain: The first thing I mentioned is pretty easy, controllers can't do that, so if you're a console player you can't do that. The second reason is that in order to Blight flick (as far as I know) you need some specific features on your mouse, such as a sensitivity clutch and of course, only more expensive mice have that (since you also need a decent mouse software too). I'm currently using a Basilisk v2 with a button that higher my DPI only when and while it's pressed from 600 to 1200. I know that you could apply the same logic to PC components, that the better your computer is, the more frames you have, the better you can perform, but let's just not extend this privileges more :).

    You do realize... you can just dodge the flicks right? Current flicks aren't like z flicks where you can pull a more than 90 degree turn to the left if you already committed flicking right. I started playing blight a month or two after Ascension coined the name J flick (so mid December of last year or early January) when they were around, and I can definitely say that dodging current flicks is 100% viable. And they patched out the effect of DPI increasing your flick along with heli blight. The only influence DPI has is how fast you flick to 90 degrees then it initiates the turn cap and the DPI doesn't have an influence anymore. The only reason consoles can't turn that well anymore is because of the heli blight patch, not dpi.

  • @mynameisBlade said:

    Learn to play against them. Artist is nothing special and Blight well.... He has a few things that need to be ironed out in terms of his movement flicking.

    Flicks are fine, the problem is addons.

  • @Tr1nity said:

    Had a bad game?

    I haven’t even been on in a couple days but go off.

  • Why do you think they need a nerf?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I'm gonna throw this in here again for people who keep living with the delusion that MnK & controller Blight are comparable.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/23Q3X36HAX1B/blight-diff.png

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhaBFiXDQfg&t=46s

    I'm not going to comment on Blight's balance. Nerf Alchemist Ring and speed add-ons if you really want, IDRC.

    E: As for Artist, she needs a rework. Any nerf will break her and make her feel awful to play (like Twins).

    Well obviously, you can't compare consoles YAW system to where its a set turn rate compared to DPI where its how fast you move your mouse.

  • Not so much for artist but for blight he needs something changed about him imo. Alchemist ring is super unfair against a good blight or just a normal blight for that matter. And his curves or flicking specifically from mouse and keyboard needs to be tuned down or something. There’s been times where I myself and have seen others get hit by a blight that should have realistically not been possible.

  • @Smuk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2709193#Comment_2709193

    Console blight.

    Hug tech - checked

    Shack plays - checked

    Side look before bump - checked

    S flick - checked

    180 around car or flick around LT - checked

    moonrush - checked

    lag flick - we cant. its also an ugly exploit

    Did I miss anything?

    Console is my personal choice, as many others fellow console players.

    I am a proud owner and user of all playstation generations as it brings nostalgia.

    Judging people on their income which represents console vs pc master race is just an absurd

    and to be fair, blight flicks can be easily dodged. Running straight line or trying always to clip walls will end up in hit.

    I also never understood, when you see blight bump for speed, before hugging car. Why stand still at pallet rather then just running away?

    Landing those flicks is your fault and not blights exploit

    @Myla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2709193#Comment_2709193

    Umm....if you play blight. You would realize 180 flicks are dead now. The only way to get those is using hug techs and you can work around that as a Survivor. I have seen people do '180 flicks' on console too using hugs.

    My point is that you still have options to 180 even without hugging using the method I mentioned above, and that's really unfair. I'm pretty sure console Blights can't do 180 flicks without hugging a wall too.

  • @PriestessPoppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2709637#Comment_2709637

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2709499#Comment_2709499

    My point is that you still have options to 180 even without hugging using the method I mentioned above, and that's really unfair. I'm pretty sure console Blights can't do 180 flicks without hugging a wall too.

    Im not sure if PC blight can do it still either. There was a nerf to J flick - locked to framerate

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I'm gonna throw this in here again for people who keep living with the delusion that MnK & controller Blight are comparable.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/23Q3X36HAX1B/blight-diff.png

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhaBFiXDQfg&t=46s

    I'm not going to comment on Blight's balance. Nerf Alchemist Ring and speed add-ons if you really want, IDRC.

    E: As for Artist, she needs a rework. Any nerf will break her and make her feel awful to play (like Twins).

    Pretty sure that video is outdated. That's not possible anymore. There's no LEGIT 180 flicks anymore and it's all done by hug techs which consoles can do. If you're still doing 180 flicks then you're using lag flicks which is straight up an exploit.

  • @PriestessPoppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2709637#Comment_2709637

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2709499#Comment_2709499

    My point is that you still have options to 180 even without hugging using the method I mentioned above, and that's really unfair. I'm pretty sure console Blights can't do 180 flicks without hugging a wall too.

    What did you mention? The lag flicks that everyone that agrees should be removed the game? That's your entire argument? Which is a flat out exploit? And is cheating?

  • If Artist is played correctly she is absurd. Imagine huntress hatchets going through walls/obstacles across the map and she can see your aura. And when she cant see your aura she gets killer instinct from hatchets.

  • @Brimp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2709034#Comment_2709034

    Really? Base blight (not including addons) is by far the most balanced killer in this game since the billy rework.

    Yea, sorry, I don't think having the best map mobility and the 2nd or 3rd best chase power is the "most balanced". That's not even considering his stupidly oversized hitbox, ridiculously strong add ons, very short power cooldown, and he even gets 115% base movement. Yes, it's too much. Throw on the full slowdown build and even a below average player will get easy 4ks.

  • Why nerf Blight? Hes good and has the high skill ceiling to compensate... Flicks and techs are fine, just because you arent skilled doesnt mean the game cant reward others for being skilled.

  • What's wrong with Blight?

  • Artist has only been out for 3 weeks. Let’s give it some more time. She’s pretty good, but I don’t think she’s as strong as people make her out to be. Her trap playstyle on the PTB was problematic but that already got changed.

    As for blight, I wouldn’t really mind if alch ring got nerfed, but besides that he’s fine.

    (My idea to change it was this: “When hitting a survivor w/ a lethal rush, token recharge rate is temporarily increased by 100% until all tokens are recharged.” This means you get your power back twice as fast, but not instantly.)

  • @Rogue11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2710092#Comment_2710092

    Yea, sorry, I don't think having the best map mobility and the 2nd or 3rd best chase power is the "most balanced". That's not even considering his stupidly oversized hitbox, ridiculously strong add ons, very short power cooldown, and he even gets 115% base movement. Yes, it's too much. Throw on the full slowdown build and even a below average player will get easy 4ks.

    If you lose to a full slowdown "below average" player then you're team did something wrong. Cause below average blights don't know how to use his power well at tiles. Blight literally has good anti loop, not uncounterable unless its something like hug tech, prevents you from just holding W to win, and has good map pressure. You actually have to play well to win against him and it comes down to old billy where the better player usually wins.

    Or I can put it like this to where, someone took the time to get really good at a viable killer and actually does well most of their games but people still cry for nerfs while the game is still in survivors favor.

  • W00t, you are for real? I thought this was just a click baity troll thread, but you are actually meaning it? Smh

  • @PriestessPoppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2709154#Comment_2709154

    Very committed and long time Bligh main here, and I have to say, as much as I love doing it, Blight flicking is not fair for a couple reasonable. First of all, it makes most of the tiles unplayable for survivors, especially when running Blighted Crow.

    Secondly, it put PC players "richer" (I don't mean rich people, just players who can afford to spend a lottle bit more than others) people at an advantage, let me explain: The first thing I mentioned is pretty easy, controllers can't do that, so if you're a console player you can't do that. The second reason is that in order to Blight flick (as far as I know) you need some specific features on your mouse, such as a sensitivity clutch and of course, only more expensive mice have that (since you also need a decent mouse software too). I'm currently using a Basilisk v2 with a button that higher my DPI only when and while it's pressed from 600 to 1200. I know that you could apply the same logic to PC components, that the better your computer is, the more frames you have, the better you can perform, but let's just not extend this privileges more :).

    Blights capped at 90.

  • I am holding my opinion of the Artist until further notice.

    The Blight is too oppressive against everything except a very good SWF which makes him broken. He needs slower charges and much longer cooldown after dashing. Why can he traver completely across the map, hit someone, and immediately go as fast as normal?

    Perks like Tinkerer should be considered when balancing killers.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    I am holding my opinion of the Artist until further notice.

    The Blight is too oppressive against everything except a very good SWF which makes him broken. He needs slower charges and much longer cooldown after dashing. Why can he traver completely across the map, hit someone, and immediately go as fast as normal?

    Perks like Tinkerer should be considered when balancing killers.

    You just had to dip your fingers into the pot, huh

  • I can't play Blight, if my life depends on it. I will just helplessly slitter past survivors, hit some nooks and crannies or just slide ineffectual around.

    I guess my brain just isn't wired for Blight awesome gameplay. *shrug*

  • Yea god forbid a killer can fight back. We need all of them to be worthless apparently.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2710202#Comment_2710202

    If it is, I'm curious to know when exactly it was patched. Instant 90s at the very least still seemed to be possible back in September. Which is what I personally want out of controller Blight...or at least something close to it. 180s can be damned.

    I don't know but I've only recently turned into a Blight main recently and I have been trying to replicate those 180 flicks but it is impossible and locked into a 90 turn instead you can also try watching recent Blight footage. Lilith Omen who you keep showing his videos every time a blight topic is made where he does those insane 180 flicks. Go to his recent ones and you can see that he can't replicate it anymore. All 180 flicks are done by hug techs and scoots

    Also console blight seems fine to me.

    https://youtu.be/KIzR1kKzEUM


  • Well whatever. Something feels off. I guess nothing feels completely "on" in DBD anyway so no surprises.

  • Blight suffers from losing line of sight, if you see that he's using his power use environment to your advantage. Double vault on TL walls, leave the loop if he's trying to curve etc.

  • And you can counter Artist by literally going to the next loop if she's setting the crows on the previous one. That's why I use Windows of oppurtunity so I can know to which pallet can I go in order to loop effectively

  • @Mileena_Kahn said:

    Im hoping they do something about them in the mid-chapter patch.

    Pretty soon. Just wait.

  • As a blight main. I recommend you play them and get up to high MMR. Flicks aren't easy to do, you have to have good muscle memory and skill to do a flicks. Also the artist is the most recent killer give it a few months to get used to play against her.

    Maybe instead of asking for nerfs play the game and adapt.

  • She's really challenging to play well, I've had a few great matches, but good Survivors can make a chase last forever..

    I would honestly rather play Nurse if I'm going to challenge myself, at least Nurse has potential against high MMR. I don't see how Artist does, unless you are like a god on her.

  • @Rogue11 said:

    Blight hopefully. He's been broken for over a year now. I don't think we can say how strong Artist is yet. It's only been a few weeks.

    If they just fix his exploits and some of his addons he'd be perfect, also hopefully fix some of his stupid hitboxes.

  • again every bad survivor wants the devs to babysit them. blight's addons are fine and you can counter his ring by playing safely.

  • Artist it's ok, why nerf?

    Blight the only problem is his ring addon, just that.

  • @sadakiyo said:

    again every bad survivor wants the devs to babysit them. blight's addons are fine and you can counter his ring by playing safely.

    Ah yes, the old "just don't get hit" strat. Never mind with the exploits/"techs" he counters 90% of tiles and you can't hold W against him. Oh and chews through pallets so pre-dropping isn't effective. So I guess I'll just hope for a map with a strong main building and never leave it?

    His counter was supposed to be that he was forced to play the m1 loop game at tiles. Either his power should be adjusted to make that possible, or he should have 110% movement speed to align with other killers that are intended to rely on their power over m1.

  • Blight’s addons are the problem, not his basekit. Artist? I feel like she shouldn’t be able to injure survivors at loops without being swarmed. It can put survivors in lose/lose situations. I feel like a slight nerf is needed,

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    Blight’s addons are the problem, not his basekit. Artist? I feel like she shouldn’t be able to injure survivors at loops without being swarmed. It can put survivors in lose/lose situations. I feel like a slight nerf is needed,

    So she'd be a weaker Nemesis? Hell no

  • Maybe they could buff her in other ways? Idk. It just doesn’t feel good when things like that happen.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2713483#Comment_2713483

    Maybe they could buff her in other ways? Idk. It just doesn’t feel good when things like that happen.

    I mean, it's counterable so I don't see the need for a nerf

  • @Mileena_Kahn said:

    Im hoping they do something about them in the mid-chapter patch.

    i'll tell you a little secret, did you know that if behaviours nerf blight and artist, survivors queue is getting a big buff also? like +5 extra minutes duration.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    Blight’s addons are the problem, not his basekit. Artist? I feel like she shouldn’t be able to injure survivors at loops without being swarmed. It can put survivors in lose/lose situations. I feel like a slight nerf is needed,

    That’s exactly what I was thinking.

  • @PlayTwink said:

    And you can counter Artist by literally going to the next loop if she's setting the crows on the previous one. That's why I use Windows of oppurtunity so I can know to which pallet can I go in order to loop effectively

    Yeah but it’s a lose/lose situation for the survivor. You leave the loop? Doesn’t matter she’s 115% so you’re gonna get hit because of that or bloodlust. She may not have mobility but she has the same problem that pyramid head has where it’s a lose/lose.

  • @Mileena_Kahn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2711989#Comment_2711989

    Yeah but it’s a lose/lose situation for the survivor. You leave the loop? Doesn’t matter she’s 115% so you’re gonna get hit because of that or bloodlust. She may not have mobility but she has the same problem that pyramid head has where it’s a lose/lose.

    It's really not a problem lol

    I use this strategy against her every match and it works very effectively

  • @Rogue11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2713140#Comment_2713140

    Ah yes, the old "just don't get hit" strat. Never mind with the exploits/"techs" he counters 90% of tiles and you can't hold W against him. Oh and chews through pallets so pre-dropping isn't effective. So I guess I'll just hope for a map with a strong main building and never leave it?

    His counter was supposed to be that he was forced to play the m1 loop game at tiles. Either his power should be adjusted to make that possible, or he should have 110% movement speed to align with other killers that are intended to rely on their power over m1.

    he doesn't counter safe zones because you can see his direction. the only exploit which should be fixed is his lag flicks and all of his other exploits were fixed a long time ago. you can't hold w against a lot of killers and the only killer who can chew through them is hillbilly, not the blight.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I'm gonna throw this in here again for people who keep living with the delusion that MnK & controller Blight are comparable.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/23Q3X36HAX1B/blight-diff.png

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhaBFiXDQfg&t=46s

    I'm not going to comment on Blight's balance. Nerf Alchemist Ring and speed add-ons if you really want, IDRC.

    E: As for Artist, she needs a rework. Any nerf will break her and make her feel awful to play (like Twins).

    @MandyTalk I am sorry for tagging you. But is it possible to get official clarifications regarding illustration provided in quotation.

    So is the PC flick intended mechanic or is it at this point “DPI abuse”. If it is intended, how come controller sensitivity is not optimized in the same manner. I belive as spinning sensitivity is really fast, so it shouldnt be any “code” that prevents it. And regarding the fix with simple logic is flick = controller sensitivity input * factor

1 2 3