So when are the artist and blight nerfs coming?

Im hoping they do something about them in the mid-chapter patch.

Comments

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2713483#Comment_2713483

    Maybe they could buff her in other ways? Idk. It just doesn’t feel good when things like that happen.

    Or you could just you know leave the loop 👍

  • @BenSanderson55 said:

    If Artist is played correctly she is absurd. Imagine huntress hatchets going through walls/obstacles across the map and she can see your aura. And when she cant see your aura she gets killer instinct from hatchets.

    Shrug. I've watched some very skilled streamers playing Artist and she's...fine.

    She just requires you to play a little differently. She's far from overpowered.

  • @sadakiyo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2713423#Comment_2713423

    he doesn't counter safe zones because you can see his direction. the only exploit which should be fixed is his lag flicks and all of his other exploits were fixed a long time ago. you can't hold w against a lot of killers and the only killer who can chew through them is hillbilly, not the blight.

    Seeing his direction doesn't matter when he's moving at 230% (without add ons), and turning 90 degrees (or more depending on exploits) around a corner with Oni's hitbox. You have to guess which exploits he's using and which direction he'll bounce. And even if you guess right, you'll probably go down in a few seconds because he's still 115% base speed.

    He chews through pallets just as fast or faster than Billy. Definitely faster with the UR add on.

    Killers that counter holding W shouldn't also counter literally every other strat, AND have the best map mobility in the game.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2713819#Comment_2713819

    Only McLean would really know the specifics, and he's gone.

    I think it's a combination of two factors: the max camera sensitivity value during rush (or whatever you want to call it) of controller being ever so slightly too low and the sensitivity slowdown you experience when reaching the max look angle/turn rate (which doesn't seem to reset or ease up when you initiate a lunge), as well as the time it takes for said sensitivity to go back to normal when switching directions. Both of those reduce the possible angles you can get on controller compared to MnK.

    It seems to be mostly the former now (sensitivity being too low), as Myla pointed out that 180 Z-flick is almost completely dead without third party exploits, which do need to be patched, if possible. From what I've seen and from what I can deduce from my own experience, it seems like McLean found a way to apply the hard sensitivity/angle restriction (idek when) on a lunge that controller has experienced since the first change (when Z-flicks replaced J-flicks back in May, and Blight became playable on controller), but they still have the advantage and can properly 90 around corners due to mouse input being superior, which isn't an exploit.

    TL;DR If you see Blights doing 180s and turning kinda funny it's likely an exploit in the same vein that stretched res is an exploit. If they're just getting some 90s, they're on MnK (and I think that's okay). If they're coming out trying to do a 90 but barely miss it like in the graphic, they're prolly on controller due to the sensitivity being too low (same deal with Oni, that turn comes out waaaaaay too slow). Hug tech is up for debate...personally I like using it and it can be countered with good positioning a lot of the time, but w/e.

    I play blight on controller - console.

    And its what i mean. A lot of flicks are missed, and some tiles with hugh tech are quite impossible without drifting out.

    So yeah, if as mentioned, you add a multiplying factor to sensitivity input, then it should help with 90 flicks.

    Rotation addons dont help either.

    Controllers should get some

    love aswell tbf. yes i believe we are smaller part of community, but we do or did spend our money aswell to have some equal QoL

    And indeed, I dont really enjoy console Oni, just as flicks are way harder then blights, and the 180 oni (look up while rotate) is a hard no go.

  • @Rogue11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2713774#Comment_2713774

    Seeing his direction doesn't matter when he's moving at 230% (without add ons), and turning 90 degrees (or more depending on exploits) around a corner with Oni's hitbox. You have to guess which exploits he's using and which direction he'll bounce. And even if you guess right, you'll probably go down in a few seconds because he's still 115% base speed.

    He chews through pallets just as fast or faster than Billy. Definitely faster with the UR add on.

    Killers that counter holding W shouldn't also counter literally every other strat, AND have the best map mobility in the game.

    it does if you're in safe zone and windows make it esier and his 230% abillity doesn't give him opportunities to go through every wall and it's not permanent without cd. 90 degrees aren't the exploit and without lag flicks he cannot turn more than 90 degrees. As for "guess", that's mutual because he has to guess too. He gets some cd if he misses his hit.

    Bubba has the fastest animation while the Blight has the average time to break pallets even after his rush.

    Ironically, if some maps have a lot of safe zones then holding w helps a lot because you can just pre-drop pallets. If you want to play against high mmr survivors your killer should get the best mobility.

  • @Mileena_Kahn said:

    Im hoping they do something about them in the mid-chapter patch.

    Or just get better at countering them. No killer needs nerfs they're fine. Artist if anything needs buffs.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2713483#Comment_2713483

    Maybe they could buff her in other ways? Idk. It just doesn’t feel good when things like that happen.

    If you have no buffs to suggest in trade then don't suggest nerfs.


    I wouldn't even touch the artist right now since all the survivor complaints make it obvious she'll be gutted in the mid patch, so why waste your time learning her or getting good with her?

  • Oh, really? Didn't know that was an option.

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2713486#Comment_2713486

    If you have no buffs to suggest in trade then don't suggest nerfs.

    I wouldn't even touch the artist right now since all the survivor complaints make it obvious she'll be gutted in the mid patch, so why waste your time learning her or getting good with her?

    I don't even think she needs buffs in return if I'm being honest. A nerf will do.

  • Your welcome for the knowledge homie why don't you try it in your next game

    @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2713992#Comment_2713992

    I don't even think she needs buffs in return if I'm being honest. A nerf will do.

    How about you try playing the killer vs a actual decent team before asking for nerfs

  • @LoneSlinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714119#Comment_2714119

    Your welcome for the knowledge homie why don't you try it in your next game

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714120#Comment_2714120

    How about you try playing the killer vs a actual decent team before asking for nerfs

    Oh, I will! Hopefully, I don't get smacked before I get to the next loop since she's 115. I can't believe I didn't think of this before... I have played against good teams and I've played against very good killers that are great at playing her.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714615#Comment_2714615

    Oh, I will! Hopefully, I don't get smacked before I get to the next loop since she's 115. I can't believe I didn't think of this before... I have played against good teams and I've played against very good killers that are great at playing her.

    You won't loops pretty much spawn right by each other these days you mean to tell me you've never seen shack into a t and l right by it or main building into a jungle gym?

    I've played against good teams as well and watched many good streamers that play her very good

    And she's nowhere near outperforming any other killer nowhere near it

    So imo she doesn't need nerfs, you nerf something when it's busted or it's way over performing but from my experience people typically get as many kills with her as they do wraith and wraith defs doesn't need nerfs

    Or if your a bhvr dev you nerf deathslinger into the dirt for no reason just because

  • @LoneSlinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714724#Comment_2714724

    You won't loops pretty much spawn right by each other these days you mean to tell me you've never seen shack into a t and l right by it or main building into a jungle gym?

    I've played against good teams as well and watched many good streamers that play her very good

    And she's nowhere near outperforming any other killer nowhere near it

    So imo she doesn't need nerfs, you nerf something when it's busted or it's way over performing but from my experience people typically get as many kills with her as they do wraith and wraith defs doesn't need nerfs

    Or if your a bhvr dev you nerf deathslinger into the dirt for no reason just because

    Have I seen strong loops? Yep. I've also seen a lot of dead zones. We don't really know how she's performing. I don't think any info like that has been released (at least not that I am aware of). DS got nerfed for a reason... That quick scope should have never made it into the game in the first place. It was busted.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714729#Comment_2714729

    Have I seen strong loops? Yep. I've also seen a lot of dead zones. We don't really know how she's performing. I don't think any info like that has been released (at least not that I am aware of). DS got nerfed for a reason... That quick scope should have never made it into the game in the first place. It was busted.

    Idek if we are still playing the game anymore because for me personally it's rare I find any dead zones by a gen these days and I would say I play both sides about equally these days

    We don't have official numbers but it's not hard to watch a good player playing her and realize they could've gotten the same amount if kills if not more with any other killer

    Real DS mains aren't mad about the quickscope every agrees that was unfair we are mad about the tr nerf because now he is the only 4.4 killer in the game with a 32tr so by the time you approach a gen theyve made it past 2 pallets and a vault

  • @LoneSlinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714734#Comment_2714734

    Idek if we are still playing the game anymore because for me personally it's rare I find any dead zones by a gen these days and I would say I play both sides about equally these days

    We don't have official numbers but it's not hard to watch a good player playing her and realize they could've gotten the same amount if kills if not more with any other killer

    Real DS mains aren't mad about the quickscope every agrees that was unfair we are mad about the tr nerf because now he is the only 4.4 killer in the game with a 32tr so by the time you approach a gen theyve made it past 2 pallets and a vault

    The TR changes make sense. With perks like M&A he could make shots outside of his TR (his TR music was also super low and hard to hear). That wasn't really a good thing. Dead zones aren't rare for me at all. Artist is much better than you say. She's not at the top, but she's definitely not bad at all.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714741#Comment_2714741

    The TR changes make sense. With perks like M&A he could make shots outside of his TR (his TR music was also super low and hard to hear). That wasn't really a good thing. Dead zones aren't rare for me at all. Artist is much better than you say. She's not at the top, but she's definitely not bad at all.

    Only 4.4 killer that has a 32 only one

    Dead zones right by gens are a pretty rare thing for me and I play this game a lot, gens are your primary objective so if you aren't by one idk what your doing

    I never said she was bad but she's defs not as good as nurse or spirit but I wouldn't say she's way better then Freddy or Billy or pig either and none of those deserve nerfs

    I hate to say this cause I always feel like this is a real cope out in arguments but I mean damn dude your survivor bias is showing pretty hard dude

    The game should be fun for everyone my guy, noed is bullshit, dead hard is bullshit, that fact that grabs don't have validation is bullshit, the fact that it's hard as hell to break gf out of stealth is bullshit

  • @LoneSlinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714749#Comment_2714749

    Only 4.4 killer that has a 32 only one

    Dead zones right by gens are a pretty rare thing for me and I play this game a lot, gens are your primary objective so if you aren't by one idk what your doing

    I never said she was bad but she's defs not as good as nurse or spirit but I wouldn't say she's way better then Freddy or Billy or pig either and none of those deserve nerfs

    I hate to say this cause I always feel like this is a real cope out in arguments but I mean damn dude your survivor bias is showing pretty hard dude

    The game should be fun for everyone my guy, noed is bullshit, dead hard is bullshit, that fact that grabs don't have validation is bullshit, the fact that it's hard as hell to break gf out of stealth is bullshit

    I'm not biased. I play both sides equally. I'm just giving my opinion on things. Things definitely could be better on the killer side as well. Should I call everyone that defends things on the killer side biased?

  • @LoneSlinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714749#Comment_2714749

    Only 4.4 killer that has a 32 only one

    Dead zones right by gens are a pretty rare thing for me and I play this game a lot, gens are your primary objective so if you aren't by one idk what your doing

    I never said she was bad but she's defs not as good as nurse or spirit but I wouldn't say she's way better then Freddy or Billy or pig either and none of those deserve nerfs

    I hate to say this cause I always feel like this is a real cope out in arguments but I mean damn dude your survivor bias is showing pretty hard dude

    The game should be fun for everyone my guy, noed is bullshit, dead hard is bullshit, that fact that grabs don't have validation is bullshit, the fact that it's hard as hell to break gf out of stealth is bullshit

    Slinger didn't need any nerfs. If anything he needed half of his add ons improved. He wasn't even as strong as Artist or Nemesis at loops and yet he was and still is 110% speed.

    The TR change makes holding W even stronger against him. Just sad.

  • @Aurelle said:

    You're kidding, right?

    (Please leave Artist and Blight alone, they are fine as they are)

    I agree. I don’t like facing The Artist- but we as a community just need more time to get familiar with her. Playing with her would help a lot of ppl who cry nerf to understand her better. It’ll also help them to understand she does require skill to anticipate player movement, and to have map awareness.

    My only issue with Blight is his sliding. That’s very misleading and since it has been confirmed to be unintentional, it needs to go. But if they decided to leave it in, I would accept it. Blight is pretty much balanced to me (not 100% though), like Slinger was before his nerf.

    Leave Blight & Artist alone.

1 2 3 ›