Leatherface P2W

I find it hard to believe that Leatherface can 1-shot even when someone is in a snowman when all other killers inflicts limited or no damage.

We simply can't catch a break with this killer due to his license apparently.

Impossible to save against. The basement is automatic win with him because his saw lasts too long.

Impossible to escape in areas with limited pallets because of his never-ending saw.

Can down multiple survivors with absolute ease (no counterplay). Almost no cooldown after breaking a pallet and can instantly down someone.

Every time it is leatherface I know it is going to be a 4K and it usually is. I don't think that is balanced.

Comments

  • Use pallet? Use locker tech? Vault window if you have distance? Rush gens if he's facecamping someone? Use Head On with locker tech?

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2696353#Comment_2696353

    We can only hope camping "fixes" never see the light of day. Not until boons are changed. Dead hard is changed. Not until they understand how bullshit most maps are for killers who arnt nurse.

    It's only facecamping that I'm referring to. I have no problem with proxy or simple camping! However, it is pretty annoying when the Killer just tunnels the same Survivor off the hook, but you really can't change weirdo Killer behavior.

    And for all of those things, I just remember that the game is balanced around 2k 2escape. Everyone deserves a chance to succeed in one way or another, including the Survivors. And I usually get good points and have a lot of fun, even on Killers that I have little to no perks on against SWF and strong solos.

    I wholeheartedly agree that maps need to be adjusted however. Some maps are WAY too big, and I seem to get them all the time when I'm playing Killer... Disturbed Ward and Mother's Dwelling are apparently favored heavily in my map selection. And I would be fine with them removing Haddonfield from the game, haha. I'd actually like to see a lot more maps around the same size as Rancid Abattoir and Coal Tower.

  • @MrPeanutbutter said:

    I’m sorry, if you claim that Leatherface has “no counter play”, I can’t take your opinion seriously. It is widely known that he is one of the easiest killers in the game to loop, and he really struggles with windows. I play killer as Leatherface quite and bit and survivors who know how to loop usually destroy me

    Hey, Sluzzy is a genius, don't you dare speak ill of him.

  • you are the reason i stay on these forums

  • @Barbarossa2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2696350#Comment_2696350

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2696353#Comment_2696353

    And the Killer who gets no Kills or Hooks? The Killer who think's he will get a down but nope your Snowman stopped it?

    The newbie with 5 hours and 4 green perks into a full red rank swf?

    The Killer trying to play with mutiple Coh's up?

    The Killer who worked hard all game only for your key to let your team out? (pre nerf, a year after Mori's as well)

    Most of those, like killers not getting hooks are either a skill issue or Behavior's incompetence. Face camping is different since its something the killer has to actively do.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2696996#Comment_2696996

    It's a lot of them, yes. I don't agree with rancid.

    All cold winds remakes are pretty ######### trash.

    Badhams

    The game

    RPD

    Red forest

    I can go on. Most of them suck. Coal tower is basically the gold standard

    I seem to always be playing Bubba when I get Coal Tower... and the worst gen spawns... agh...

    I'd actually have to think about the most balanced experience I have on a map... maybe Sanctum of Wrath. And I've actually been enjoying Eyrie as both roles.

    There really shouldn't be a map larger than 9984m2, which is the size of maps like Temple, Sanctum and Eyrie. A lot of maps are just way too big. I mean, c'mon... Disturbed Ward is 11000 square meters. Bonkers.

  • @Hippie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697073#Comment_2697073

    I seem to always be playing Bubba when I get Coal Tower... and the worst gen spawns... agh...

    I'd actually have to think about the most balanced experience I have on a map... maybe Sanctum of Wrath. And I've actually been enjoying Eyrie as both roles.

    There really shouldn't be a map larger than 9984m2, which is the size of maps like Temple, Sanctum and Eyrie. A lot of maps are just way too big. I mean, c'mon... Disturbed Ward is 11000 square meters. Bonkers.

    I have the same experience with Bubba.

    I just want to play on Midwich every game...The rest can go. Only map I like no matter what killer I am using and when I'm survivor. Is that weird?

  • @Hippie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2696355#Comment_2696355

    In all of those cases, the Killer still has full control of their character and can play the video game. In the case of facecamping, the Survivor being facecamped can't do anything. They have zero control of their character and have to just sit and wait until they're back to lobby.

    Also, kinda weird to mention things that have nothing to do with the subject. Facecamping is a Killer behavior that is unwarranted--and it only punishes everyone involved. None of the Survivors get any bloodpoints to speak of due to lack of interaction with the Killer, the facecamped Survivor ends the game with <5k points, and the Killer gets next to no points as well. It is 99% of the time a spiteful interaction and serves no purpose except to waste everyones' time.

    However, the things you mentioned are not spiteful in any way, shape or form. All of those things are part of normal gameplay and if anything are to be blamed on poor matchmaking and imbalance, rather than player behavior. Facecamping is purely a behavioral problem.

    I'm not trying to nitpick but facecamping does serve a purpose in-game; a poor purpose that in most cases harms the survivor's enjoyment short term and the killer's enjoyment long term but still a purpose. It's tbagging and bming especially at the exit gates that would be behavioural. I would also add that I'm against facecamping in most cases but if a survivor tbags or bms in game then they deserve to be facecamped and tunneled.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    Leatherface should move at 105% to balance out his ability to down all 4 survivors at once.

    If all four survivors get downed at once, they’re using the wrong strategy against LF.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2696345#Comment_2696345

    What about the person on the hook? He is unable to play the game and had his game ruined. You think that's fair? Face camping shouldn't even be a thing.

    @Hippie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2696345#Comment_2696345

    That doesn't change the fact that it still sucks for the person getting facecamped... they're a player in the video game too, you know. Think about it from their perspective.

    I've been the person facecamped by the Bubba, facecamped in the basement, and everything under the facecamping sun. Many times. It sucks and is extremely boring, and it's not even fun or viable for the Killer... you end up with such abysmal points that it is 99% of the time used purely for spite and to make someone's experience miserable. At least the devs already confirmed that they're working on a solution for facecamping--I hope they find one that works soon(™).

    Oh woopty F ing do.

    You guys act as if it happens every single game sjeez, cry me a river please 😭😭😭😭😭

    Yes it suck if it happens once every 50 games or so, that's probably his playstyle and who are you to judge how he must play the game?

    Survivors are allowed to do everything possible in this game and can even make sure a killer gets 0 hooks, but god forbids if a killers tries anything 😱

    Yes, I've been facecamped many time these past 5 years, you see me cry about it?

    No, i just stay on the hook as long as possible to buy my team time.

    Yes it is boring but not every game has to be fun for me, there are 4 more people in the match.

    When my time on the hook is over i just take my loss and just move on to the next match.

    Stop crying about killer tactics, not everyone will play by YOUR rules.

    Just suck it up and move on.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697101#Comment_2697101

    I have the same experience with Bubba.

    I just want to play on Midwich every game...The rest can go. Only map I like no matter what killer I am using and when I'm survivor. Is that weird?

    I don't mind Midwich every now and then, myself! I like playing Pyramid Head on there for obvious reasons, hehe. The atmosphere is very nice.

    Sadly, my Survivor experience is less than favorable there. When the map first came out, people died on first and second hook because people couldn't figure out how to move between the floors... and it seems that people STILL haven't learned over a year and a half later, when I'm playing Survivor at least 😔

  • @TheSubstitute said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2696372#Comment_2696372

    I'm not trying to nitpick but facecamping does serve a purpose in-game; a poor purpose that in most cases harms the survivor's enjoyment short term and the killer's enjoyment long term but still a purpose. It's tbagging and bming especially at the exit gates that would be behavioural. I would also add that I'm against facecamping in most cases but if a survivor tbags or bms in game then they deserve to be facecamped and tunneled.

    Well, at least when you're getting bm'ed in the exit gates you can simply hit them and make them leave. I do wonder--would players still complain if Survivors simply stood in the exit rather than crouching repeatedly? I'm actually pretty sure I've seen people complain about that, too...

    When you're getting facecamped, there's nothing you can do about it except go watch YouTube, hang out on the hook to buy your teammates time and wait to go back to lobby. The gameplay is non-existent.

    Crouching and clicking do not affect gameplay in any way, shape or form. It's purely emotional.

  • @Hippie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697176#Comment_2697176

    I don't mind Midwich every now and then, myself! I like playing Pyramid Head on there for obvious reasons, hehe. The atmosphere is very nice.

    Sadly, my Survivor experience is less than favorable there. When the map first came out, people died on first and second hook because people couldn't figure out how to move between the floors... and it seems that people STILL haven't learned over a year and a half later, when I'm playing Survivor at least 😔

    Really? It has more than a few ways to go up and a ######### ton of ways to come down......Unlike that abomination called RPD. I will no longer play on that map.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697462#Comment_2697462

    Really? It has more than a few ways to go up and a ######### ton of ways to come down......Unlike that abomination called RPD. I will no longer play on that map.

    I know! People still seem to get lost in the halls... it's very strange. And, funnily enough, I actually like playing on RPD more than Midwich... abomination, I know 😛 But after playing RE2 remake, it's fun to actually know how to navigate the map! My teammates still leave people on first and second hook, however...

  • @Hippie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697269#Comment_2697269

    Well, at least when you're getting bm'ed in the exit gates you can simply hit them and make them leave. I do wonder--would players still complain if Survivors simply stood in the exit rather than crouching repeatedly? I'm actually pretty sure I've seen people complain about that, too...

    When you're getting facecamped, there's nothing you can do about it except go watch YouTube, hang out on the hook to buy your teammates time and wait to go back to lobby. The gameplay is non-existent.

    Crouching and clicking do not affect gameplay in any way, shape or form. It's purely emotional.

    That's why it's behavioural. On a different note, someone will always complain about something but if the majority of standing in the gates was just to farm BP then people would be appreciative of it. As an example, if the survivors aren't toxic and understand what I'm doing, I'll quite often hit a survivor, let them be healed so the survivors get that juicy late heal BP, hit another so the now healthy survivor(s) can share in it just in case their altruism isn't maxed out, etc. By the end of the game, my Brutality and Chase BP is nearly always maxed out but if I can spend a couple minutes to do something nice I will.

    Some of the complaints come from misunderstanding. As an example, standing at the gates can be an attempt to give the killer some survivor found, hit and/or possibly deviousness BP but it's not like there's a clear line demarcating step here and you're in danger or step here and you're safe so survivors could make it appear as if their intention is to taunt when, really, they're just trying to give BP to the killer.

    That, unfortunately, is overshadowed by the people who BM in the exit gate or wait until the killer is about to give them a hit and then DH just to be jerks.

    Pleasant behaviour to the other side leads to a more pleasant game overall but I know it's not going to happen everytime. If it happened more often than it does right now people would complain less though.

  • @TheSubstitute said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697476#Comment_2697476

    That's why it's behavioural. On a different note, someone will always complain about something but if the majority of standing in the gates was just to farm BP then people would be appreciative of it. As an example, if the survivors aren't toxic and understand what I'm doing, I'll quite often hit a survivor, let them be healed so the survivors get that juicy late heal BP, hit another so the now healthy survivor(s) can share in it just in case their altruism isn't maxed out, etc. By the end of the game, my Brutality and Chase BP is nearly always maxed out but if I can spend a couple minutes to do something nice I will.

    Some of the complaints come from misunderstanding. As an example, standing at the gates can be an attempt to give the killer some survivor found, hit and/or possibly deviousness BP but it's not like there's a clear line demarcating step here and you're in danger or step here and you're safe so survivors could make it appear as if their intention is to taunt when, really, they're just trying to give BP to the killer.

    That, unfortunately, is overshadowed by the people who BM in the exit gate or wait until the killer is about to give them a hit and then DH just to be jerks.

    Pleasant behaviour to the other side leads to a more pleasant game overall but I know it's not going to happen everytime. If it happened more often than it does right now people would complain less though.

    That is true. Both sides have a big problem with bm and toxicity but I'm afraid that is true for most multiplayer games nowadays... not sure there's much can be done about it, since it's largely up to the individual.

  • @pizzaduffyhp90 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/300067/leatherface-p2w

    Idea don't go in a snowman if he's nearby and possibly knows you're in the area or in a chase.

    Also what does his license have to do with him being P2W?

    Yes there is escape it's just hard to do use trees, (if they're nearby) tight corners, or lockers and try to time the escape

    Yes he can down multiple Survivors if they're all together and not playing safe and saying he has no counter play shows you haven't fully learned how to run the killer or you've never played him.

    It's probably going to be a 4k every time because you like to put yourself in 2nd or just sacrifice yourself on the hook and make your team loose

    If he's basement Bubba I've said it before don't go down there and you won't have a problem with him just do the gens simple.

    And do bones?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2696633#Comment_2696633

    T L was given as an example how you can mindgame with Bamboozle to your argument " because they never learn how to mind game and rely on his busted mechanic.

    Mindgaming is also possible at Shack, Jungle Gym and most of the loops that have only 1 wall in the middle (e.g Autohaven).

    You are saying that... there's no mindgame when you bruteforce... well sir that's the idea. You want to get rid of what is strong otherwise they will use that stuff against you. You are removing the strong tiles and zone everyone on what is in your favor, also giving you time to pressure the ENTIRE map... for somone has has no map mobility.

    "For example those generators that appear in open spaces, you're dead, no question. unless you run extremely early. " - that's the first issue that most survivors do, seeing that a lot of Bubba players are not that good from my observation, people do a lot of risky plays giving the killer free down. As I mentioned earlier, you need to know your surroundings and not take risks against someone who can insta-down you. It's completely your misplay by being located or doing a gen in open-space, or even running into a deadzone (without pallets). You don't blame the killer for this.

    The stronger the killer is in a chase, the better the killer is at the end of the day. You should not have any tiles on the map providing you immunity. (Shack won't work you say, so I ask you, why should it work? do you think that's a safe house for you?)

    " in that instant the player either drops the pallet which he quickly breaks or the player saves the pallet and nowhere he runs is safe because leatherface will out speed him and only one hit he is down. " that is not true, Leatherface gains the speed in like 3 seconds from first to last charge (1-3).. he is not Billy where he starts with an incredible movement speed and unless you have Beast Mark (which has a rev penalty) and even Purple Chili (to extend your charges)... you are not going to reach the survivor with only 2 charges (as you used 1 for breaking the pallet)... and you wait, then he has even more time to reach a safe zone. The only real solution is to use something like double chili which at the end of the day, gives a huge penalty against pre-droppers since you are not going to reach them (are you going to circle an entire loop? do you think that works? I doubt)

    I am confused because you said you use Bamzoole to brute force pallets. This is the issue I have with your position.

    You now have the ability to brute-force the strongest loops, get rid of them and for the late game and your tiles in your favor.

    What I always recommend with Bubba, get rid of what is strong and mindgame what is weak so you either eliminate the resources or eliminate the survivors by creating pressure, the odds are on your side either way.

    By also using Bamboozle on different tiles, same example as Jungle Gym... they will know about that, the mindgame of your chainsaw still goes in action if you can do it and the survivor will be heavily limited and most of them will not run to other tiles being trapped inside the mindgame (again if you don't fail).

    But here you are saying just Brute force it because it is really effective, which would be fine, except he has the ability to instant down on top of this. Imagine if Doctor could instantly break pallets as well as force them to drop them. It would be busted he would need no addons. leatherface has this as well the ability to instant down. Either he needs to have the number of swings severely decreased or the distance that he can gain while swinging is decreased.

    I'm going to post a twitch video here to show how fast and how far his swing actually goes.

    https://clips.twitch.tv/ArtsyExquisiteReindeerM4xHeh

    This is just... disgusting. Only a few killers could have kept up with that survivor, but not only do most of them require actual skill to use, none of them can instantly down. That would cover most tiles and catches up to an exhaustion perk. As well as being a 115 killer. Even if lets say she made it to a pallet she would have to have used it to avoid the down, and he still would have just broken it with his chainsaw. If you don't see a problem with that, then I don't know what to tell you.

    As for this whole point.

    One great Tile for such is the T L. Bamboozle one of the windows, use the second wall and "moonsaw" aka double back with your chainsaw, fake your red stain... confuse the survivor into not vaulting the window and reach him right after.

    I think you are trying to overcomplicate him. Once that window is shut down that loop is gone. Either the survivor makes it to another loop, they throw down the pallet to buy maybe a few more seconds or they go down. There is no need to mind game as he has full control of the chase. On top of the ability to instantly down

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697840#Comment_2697840

    The video you sent me got his down because the survivor did not run into a straight line. Get another sample of someone running straight and you are going into cooldown. The moment this Nea started to go around, she lost a lot of distance and it was way closer to the killer giving him only a slight turn on the tree.

    "But here you are saying just Brute force it because it is really effective, which would be fine, except he has the ability to instant down on top of this. Imagine if Doctor could instantly break pallets as well as force them to drop them. It would be busted he would need no addons. leatherface has this as well the ability to instant down. Either he needs to have the number of swings severely decreased or the distance that he can gain while swinging is decreased."

    Completely disagree and I hate the comparison you made but I will write on it:

    Doctor works differently, while he doesn't have such a powerful chase power he has other stuff for himself... he is a RADAR if you know what that means.

    Leatherface has absolutely nothing going on for him expect a very top level chase ability, a very lethal chase ability that includes a huge risk that will cause you to lose the entire pressure (tantrum). He has no map mobility, no map awareness built in his base/power, he is a standard 4.6 m/s killer that was buffed in order to get his chasing enhanced, the only possible way to still make its reflection 1:1 to his movie.

    By decreasing his swings or the distance you are nerfing his entire chasing potential that already has issues at high MMR where people know how to play. Even at lower MMR, people are there as they are not as good which also imples they cannot perform as well... so that again implies this is not a problem at all (besides the camping issues where I tend to agree). Again, Bubba is all about the chase because otherwise he has nothing... he excels in chasing.

    "This is just... disgusting. Only a few killers could have kept up with that survivor, but not only do most of them require actual skill to use, none of them can instantly down."

    Sorry but why would you exactly need skill to use when such a survivor is caught in open-space? are you saying that every single kill should be awarded with hard work by the killer even if the survivor has no idea what's happening around him? it doesn't seem correct or fair to me at all.

    "Even if lets say she made it to a pallet she would have to have used it to avoid the down, and he still would have just broken it with his chainsaw. If you don't see a problem with that, then I don't know what to tell you."

    You really don't know what to tell me because I do believe that'st just fine. The idea is to play very safe against this killer, he does much better in some areas than most others killers and that's not an issue at all, it's actually good by making him unique in his own way. If you do ######### up like the survivor in the clip, I don't know what I should tell to that Nea actually. That was a huge misplay, and you should know that being caught by Leatherface is a death sentence in the open-space, with all you exhaustion perks included.

    "I think you are trying to overcomplicate him. Once that window is shut down that loop is gone. Either the survivor makes it to another loop, they throw down the pallet to buy maybe a few more seconds or they go down. There is no need to mind game as he has full control of the chase. On top of the ability to instantly down" - completely false, the T L has 2 windows and can still be played just fine. It only relies on survivor's attention to not ######### up. But let's go on your way and the survivor goes to another loop aka chaining the tiles, after they thrown a pallet, you destroy and have 2 charges left... so the T L wall is still there... why would you not chain it again? you have no way to catch with 2 charges... and also why would you even drop the pallet anyway?

    You vault on a window from T L wall, but you do get a little distance before the killer is on your side, since Bamboozle is also very predictable, you have a lot of time to make to a loop in safety without needing to drop a single pallet... and then chain more tiles for saving map resources.

    I wish I could downvote some peoples comments on this forum. Sadly BHVR won't let me.

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2696350#Comment_2696350

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2696353#Comment_2696353

    Oh woopty F ing do.

    You guys act as if it happens every single game sjeez, cry me a river please 😭😭😭😭😭

    Yes it suck if it happens once every 50 games or so, that's probably his playstyle and who are you to judge how he must play the game?

    Survivors are allowed to do everything possible in this game and can even make sure a killer gets 0 hooks, but god forbids if a killers tries anything 😱

    Yes, I've been facecamped many time these past 5 years, you see me cry about it?

    No, i just stay on the hook as long as possible to buy my team time.

    Yes it is boring but not every game has to be fun for me, there are 4 more people in the match.

    When my time on the hook is over i just take my loss and just move on to the next match.

    Stop crying about killer tactics, not everyone will play by YOUR rules.

    Just suck it up and move on.

    The problem with that is survivors can't do anything about killer tactics but suck it up. Killers have control of the match and they are able to make the best out of survivor tactics. Killers can still win regardless of what survivors do. The same can't be said when a killer chooses to play a certain way.

    Killers can respond to whatever survivors do in the match. Unfortunately, survivors don't have such a luxury.

    A Leatherface is camping a basement? Well, it is simply an automatic win for the killer.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697309#Comment_2697309

    The problem with that is survivors can't do anything about killer tactics but suck it up. Killers have control of the match and they are able to make the best out of survivor tactics. Killers can still win regardless of what survivors do. The same can't be said when a killer chooses to play a certain way.

    Killers can respond to whatever survivors do in the match. Unfortunately, survivors don't have such a luxury.

    A Leatherface is camping a basement? Well, it is simply an automatic win for the killer.

    Most Survivor players can do a lot of stuff for the killers tactics.

    And the Survivors are able to make the best out of the killer tactics.

    Leatherface in the basement isn't an automatic 4k if someone decided to run down there and not play it safe that's the survivors fault not his. You have perks that can help you know if it's a camping Bubba and if he's down there don't go down there do the gens and leave that person down there you won't be coming out unless the Bubba really messed up.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697840#Comment_2697840

    The video you sent me got his down because the survivor did not run into a straight line. Get another sample of someone running straight and you are going into cooldown. The moment this Nea started to go around, she lost a lot of distance and it was way closer to the killer giving him only a slight turn on the tree.

    "But here you are saying just Brute force it because it is really effective, which would be fine, except he has the ability to instant down on top of this. Imagine if Doctor could instantly break pallets as well as force them to drop them. It would be busted he would need no addons. leatherface has this as well the ability to instant down. Either he needs to have the number of swings severely decreased or the distance that he can gain while swinging is decreased."

    Completely disagree and I hate the comparison you made but I will write on it:

    Doctor works differently, while he doesn't have such a powerful chase power he has other stuff for himself... he is a RADAR if you know what that means.

    Leatherface has absolutely nothing going on for him expect a very top level chase ability, a very lethal chase ability that includes a huge risk that will cause you to lose the entire pressure (tantrum). He has no map mobility, no map awareness built in his base/power, he is a standard 4.6 m/s killer that was buffed in order to get his chasing enhanced, the only possible way to still make its reflection 1:1 to his movie.

    By decreasing his swings or the distance you are nerfing his entire chasing potential that already has issues at high MMR where people know how to play. Even at lower MMR, people are there as they are not as good which also imples they cannot perform as well... so that again implies this is not a problem at all (besides the camping issues where I tend to agree). Again, Bubba is all about the chase because otherwise he has nothing... he excels in chasing.

    "This is just... disgusting. Only a few killers could have kept up with that survivor, but not only do most of them require actual skill to use, none of them can instantly down."

    Sorry but why would you exactly need skill to use when such a survivor is caught in open-space? are you saying that every single kill should be awarded with hard work by the killer even if the survivor has no idea what's happening around him? it doesn't seem correct or fair to me at all.

    "Even if lets say she made it to a pallet she would have to have used it to avoid the down, and he still would have just broken it with his chainsaw. If you don't see a problem with that, then I don't know what to tell you."

    You really don't know what to tell me because I do believe that'st just fine. The idea is to play very safe against this killer, he does much better in some areas than most others killers and that's not an issue at all, it's actually good by making him unique in his own way. If you do ######### up like the survivor in the clip, I don't know what I should tell to that Nea actually. That was a huge misplay, and you should know that being caught by Leatherface is a death sentence in the open-space, with all you exhaustion perks included.

    "I think you are trying to overcomplicate him. Once that window is shut down that loop is gone. Either the survivor makes it to another loop, they throw down the pallet to buy maybe a few more seconds or they go down. There is no need to mind game as he has full control of the chase. On top of the ability to instantly down" - completely false, the T L has 2 windows and can still be played just fine. It only relies on survivor's attention to not ######### up. But let's go on your way and the survivor goes to another loop aka chaining the tiles, after they thrown a pallet, you destroy and have 2 charges left... so the T L wall is still there... why would you not chain it again? you have no way to catch with 2 charges... and also why would you even drop the pallet anyway?

    You vault on a window from T L wall, but you do get a little distance before the killer is on your side, since Bamboozle is also very predictable, you have a lot of time to make to a loop in safety without needing to drop a single pallet... and then chain more tiles for saving map resources.

    If you can watch that clip, of leatherface, and defend it. There is nothing I could say to change your mind. "She wasn't using optimal movement" Completely ignoring the fact that in the video the distance he covers would cover most tiles. Not even acknowledging how much more distance he would cover with top addons. Your view is you ned to use optimal movement, with an exhausting perk, and you might survive. This is one of the easiest killers to play. So yes, he is broken, he is easy, he is way to strong for how easy to play he is. Your only defence is he can't pressure 4 survivors at once. Which most killers can't anyway. Thanks to attitudes like this leartherface has remained in this awful unbalanced state.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698111#Comment_2698111

    With addons, yes he can kill you and that is also fine.

    He is not an easy killer at all, there's the difference between good and bad survivors.. go and face a strong team and you'll change your perspective. (Actually he is easy to pick-up, yes... not to master; his power is simple)

    I have made a video on this matter, a gameplay.. one of the many:

    https://youtu.be/FGVwvNjpgu8

    When survivors are good, you are kind of #########.

    Ok this actually is interesting. Looking at the video.

    1:28 you run into your first survivor. He cannot use the first pallet he sees because no matter what side he goes on you can instant down. maybe he could get a stun but otherwise you would have instantly broken the pallet putting him in a position for you to use your chainsaw again, because there is no penalty. You then screw up and go for a chainsaw but you could have gotten an M1 because you are 115 killer.

    1:45 you don't want him to drop the pallet because you know that if the pallet is up you can outspeed him if he tires looping you.

    1:54 you begin your first mind game. Now apart from the fact that unlike most killers a single screw up as far more devastating due to it being an instant down. If he tired looping and you continued your direction you would have got the hit. So he had to vault which allowed you to double back keeping momentum. Solid mindgame however lets say he guessed right. you would have broken the pallet instantly putting him in a really bad position. No matter what he did he was likely to either go down or get hit by an M1.

    2:25 she is diagonally across the tile from you. The furthest distance possible. you then release your chainsaw and go, not across the tile but around, going the longest possible distance. Now in that instant she could have gone for the vault, but in her defence look how far you acutely are. You cover the entire tile. This is the issue, look how much distance you cover in one go. Worse still if she tried looping around the pallet you would have caught up to her or best case scenario she drops the pallet, you break it and now she is out positioned, for you to, yet again INSTANTLY DOWN.

    3:00 she could have ran earlier honestly, but again you negate the entire shack with one perk and then you release the chainsaw because you are hopping for no random pallets, you get unlucky, but then you screw up and allow yourself to get hit by the pallet, had you done that thre would have been nowhere for her to.

    3:20 she is just messing around XD

    3:48 you release the chainsaw on one side of the wall, if you went for the kate she would have been forced to drop the pallet as it was impossible to make it too the window. You then went for Yun during the same chainsaw and she only survives because of dead hard.

    Here we go 5:30. This right here is my biggest problem with leatherface. You cannot loop him. Look at that the only thing he could do was drop the pallet. Experienced players know this which is why they drop them early. You are simply too fast with too many swings it was impossible. The fact that those tiles do not work him is ridiculous. Now he might have been able to use the window, but that is a different tile.

    6:05 not sure what she was dong but you go for a chainsaw, realise that she is going to vault and then cancel it. Instead of being punished for your mistake, you are able to quickly swap to an M1 hit. Because leatherface has no penalty for mistakes other then the tantrum.

    6:54 your mistake

    7:11, No words. Not even a leatherface issue.

    7:27 Shack, one of the strongest loops in the game, she can't vault the window because you can easily change direction and would get a hit. looping the tile would be too risky, maybe she could have ran earlier, but still by the time you arrive she is already at the other entrance, you release your chainsaw, she is forced to drop it and you instantly break it, because again there is no downside.

    7:32, she cannot go for the window because you can easily change direction and get the instant down. So she attempts to run around the tile, you release your chainsaw, she does not want to just throw down every pallet so she saves it but your swing is simply to busted and you go all around the tile to the locker, forcing her to jump in. Now if she went the other way, (clockwise) maybe she could have ran around to the window to keep the loop going, but again you would have just bamboozled it, negating the loop.

    8:44, saves the pallet forgets your swing is too long and too fast, and you beat him around. If he guessed right he could have dropped the pallet but again a normal 115 speed killer he should have beaten you to the pallet.

    9:15 she beats you to the window, but because you can just end your swing early you can already begin your swing before she even reaches the door, you screw up and allow her to escape.

    From what I see, you could have played better, objectively, not debatable. They definitely could have been better. But everything I said is the same, he breaks pallets and requires minimal skill..

  • @TheBigGopher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2696355#Comment_2696355

    Most of those, like killers not getting hooks are either a skill issue or Behavior's incompetence. Face camping is different since its something the killer has to actively do.

    Well getting caught to be camped at the start is a skill issue.

  • Should make myself a Pizza or some sandwiches? Such a hard decision...

  • Brb gonna facecamp the whole team as bubba

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698337#Comment_2698337

    As you can definitely see, the mistakes that happened in the game will happen to absolutely anyone... the best of the best killers just because it's naturally for a human to make mistakes. Sometime you can have wrong decisions as your game evolve because you are stressed by the game progression or some chase.. then you ######### up.

    My point is, a good team of survivors knows how to play against you. You negate loops, that's the least you can do... otherwise just think that without that you cannot even end some of the chases that even provide a slightly better outcome in your game.

    You could see that I'm running an addon for my chainsaw for better charge and STILL... it's not that piece of cake game.

    All of the survivors the same will make some mistakes where will be able to dominate on, get some value and change the game course. But with all in that into account, you can see a very hug difference from a team of survivors who stands absolutely no chance and another team who gives you that 50-50 (not even sometime) chance to win. You do 1 or 2 mistakes and you can lose your game even with a big boy that has insta-down and negates most of your loops. Now hopefully you can get my meaning, if you nerf his chainsaw power... this is not going to be good man and I understand that you genuinely think he is a problem... but sir, you are really going to ######### him up really bad in high mmr.

    Btw I do appreciate the commentary

    Just to add as a note for you, you should never go for an m1... only when you just cannot secure a straight down because Leatherface really suffers from that term people use "gen-rush", you don't have anything on your side besides a really good chase power that you can ######### that up as well. If you watch my other stuff, again with my main Bubba... you are going to see some trend going on when I play this power. The more you m1, the more time you will lose in your game and probably lose; not saying M1 is not allowed but it will favor the survivor team.

    I did quickly see something that you probably did not notice, the 3:00 commentary in my video from your reply. After she can drop a pallet either from my coming from another side, she still has time to reach the SHACK once again (or the tile on the left) and use the window, prolong the chase by all means even if the survivors still has the same faith to go down by later in the match (remember she had lithe). You cannot reach someone as I said, 2 charges are not enough because of the distance. if you chase goes for more than 1 minute in your game, you will see the holy Tinkerer really driving you insane.

    I think we misunderstand each other. What you said, is the reason why I hate leatherface so much.

    "My point is, a good team of survivors knows how to play against you. You negate loops, that's the least you can do."

    All a survivor can really do to outrun the killer is use loops. Negating an entire loop is really busted. This is why the running in a straight line across the map has become such an optimal strategy. More and more of the strong killer do not allow for proper looping, meaning the best thing a survivor can do is pick a direction and run. I hate this strategy a lot. That is why I really want to Emphasise 2:35 and 5:30. Both times you essentially negate the entire loop. Without any perks. Now you can say that leatherface still cannot pressure 4 survivors at once., but if we acknowledge that he negates most loops, the only way to beat him is to do the gens faster then he can down. This both requires no skill, and is unfun.

    Oh I wasn't trying to point out every mistake you made. I was simply trying to show that in the video both sides could have played better and had either of you capitalized on it they might have lasted a few more seconds and you could have gotten an extra down. Believe me I know everyone makes mistakes in every match, (from experience) my main point is that simply negating negating a loop should not be a power.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2696345#Comment_2696345

    What about the person on the hook? He is unable to play the game and had his game ruined. You think that's fair? Face camping shouldn't even be a thing.

    Sucks just got to deal with camping I guess

  • Bubba isn't and will never be even close to being P2W if Nurse remains free. Bubba is probably the best camper, but he'll probably get 1-2 Kills max

  • @Sluzzy said:

    I find it hard to believe that Leatherface can 1-shot even when someone is in a snowman when all other killers inflicts limited or no damage.

    We simply can't catch a break with this killer due to his license apparently.

    Impossible to save against. The basement is automatic win with him because his saw lasts too long.

    Impossible to escape in areas with limited pallets because of his never-ending saw.

    Can down multiple survivors with absolute ease (no counterplay). Almost no cooldown after breaking a pallet and can instantly down someone.

    Every time it is leatherface I know it is going to be a 4K and it usually is. I don't think that is balanced.

    Don’t forget that he wears people skin too and that’s a bit of a social taboo.

  • He's not broken, against good players it can be really difficult to do well as him.

    When you play against a clueless team who will run around in the middle of nowhere like swarms of flies or unhook the person getting facecamped then yeah that's kind of the survivor's own fault for being so clueless.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698691#Comment_2698691

    2:35 involved a little mindgame on the tile, I did take the path to try and make the survivor not know the way I'm coming, as you can see

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/YM5W8H2ZL3DT/image.png

    she was still there even though she was already on that side of the loop way before I got there. She only got that wall later on (after she saw me). I negated the loop using an unusual path since you mostly see players going straight to the survivor using their same path; doing that she can react and get to pallet/window. This is a negating a loop with the help of confusing the survivor, it's not a bruteforcing and you cannot really do that usually. (I do that a lot by myself as you can see in other vids, my movements tends to be unusual since I mindgame a lot of stuff) - pure anti-looping (this was actually an attempt)

    5:30 that was a reverse chainsaw mindgame, negated a loop just because the survivor did not pay attention to the killer. That's pure anti-looping and I honestly I don't see anything wrong with it. Why would you need perks to negate any loop in this game, you speak about them... you can definitely tell how weak a killer is if you MUST use addons or even perks to negate any kind of loop. (While I do use Bamboozle for some, since we know what happens with the windows).

    I told you cannot pressure 4 people at once which is true, it depends on how well the survivor team knows to play against Leatherface and what structures they use, windows, jungle gyms, T L walls.. main building/chaining tiles. You are as well not guaranteed for any loop win, it's just on the survivor's atention.. it's not even close to Nurse where if the killer is good, you can be the best... you still die.

    Every single tile in this game for Leatherface is a 50/50, even the short loops since pallets get you stunned, give distance to survivors, windows exists, chaining of tiles exists as well... a lot of main building and big maps. The only time you get a down 100% is a deadzone which is not a problem from the killer itself but rather a unproper placed survivor (or to say, a weaker one).

    I did not say you can 100% negate loops... I said you can do that but that doesn't mean you will succeed. That's what you should do to make it work but it doesn't work like that... theory doesn't always work in practice; and as you can see it didn't actually work well for me too. A lot of the time I'm super mad at eating pallets all game long, not being able to negate any loops and boom... the result is a 1 kill or maybe 2 by camping at EGC... that usually also means I face a strong team.

    and one more thing "negating loops should not be power", I kind of disagree... if the power itself allows for anti-looping that makes the killer strong & fun, and by looking at what was recently released in DbD... you can definitely see that killers are made to negate loops as much as possible.. some more, others less.

    Negate loops for LF is between Bruteforcing and mindgaming. If you constantly bruteforce you may end up with no kills since eating a pallet ain't downing a survivor.

    Mindgaming is what matters, but that is not always on your side. I can see that bruteforcing is not much fun for survivors but the way Leatherface works, the way his power works, the way his entire character from the movie works... it's the only way from what I can see to make him playable fitting the current game mechanics in DbD. However you have the forum for suggestions in this case, feel free.. I'd like to read your suggestion!

    You don't understand my point. I don't care that you can hide your red stain for 2 seconds. That isn't even a leatherface technique, you can do that with most killers, it takes a little practice. The issue is that you started using your power on one side of a tile and it carried you all the way around back to where you started. That alone would make it one of the strongest powers in the game, as only a few killers can do that, but you can instantly down with the same power. That is not skilful, It is actually really easy, if she had ran earlier, although if she did you would have been able to hear her, change direction, because he is the only killer with an instant downing ability that can do that, maybe she could have survived. But even if she did, you could just cancel your power early and begin regaining your charges, and immediately swap to an M1 hit, on 115 killer.

    Cause he has no penalty. when I say penalty, I mean when you mess up your hatchet with Huntress you are punished for it, because she has either throw the hatchet wasting it, or put it away, wasting more time. But leatherface as nothing like this, only the tantrum, which is his only thing that requires some level of practice. Before you say he has to put it away, because he instantly breaks pallets, you need a wall to separate you al the time, and even then it may not be enough because of how fast he goes.

    5:30 I don't care about the mindgame, what I care about it even if he did everything right you would forced him to drop the pallet, break it, and then continue the chase while regaining your charges. He has no penalty. That is what he is missing, just make it that chainsaw cannot break pallets and he would be fixed. HIllbilly should be allowed to break pallets because he has to release his chainsaw in the direction of the pallet, but leatherface does not, they are not the same killer, and only hillbilly should be allowed to do that.

    If negating is tiles is going to become a power, then the run in a straight line strategy will become the norm. This is boring for both sides, killers complain about this all the time (Artist is the newest one of these). Yet you encourage it.

1 2 ›